[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /out/, happy holidays first of all but I wanted to ask you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: 2015-12-25 14.50.43.jpg (1MB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-25 14.50.43.jpg
1MB, 1200x1600px
Hey /out/, happy holidays first of all but I wanted to ask you guys for some kind of insight. I remember seeing a thread on this topic awhile back but want some more input. I helped kill, clean, gut, etc. A pig today to cook and eat for Christmas today and never done anything like this before. And to be come off as a edgy fuck but I really enjoyed it. I feel different as a person in a good way. Is this normal? I have respect for animal life and it shouldn't be wasted for the fuck of it but it was fun. So anyways I guess this could be a cleaning/processing/etc. Thread.

Tl;Dr I killed and cleaned a pig and enjoyed it.
>>
>>653032
I bought some fur from a place that supplied pelts and stuff and sewed it into the formerly itchy wool collar of my camp jacket. Very satisfying because it turned out better than something I could have bought with a very low price for the materials in my case.

I think this is part of being a real man. To be capable. I started doing my own little work on my car and it feels the same way. You ask why you pay someone else to do something you could do better and plus get the satisfaction of doing it.

jacket pic in other thread
>>653015
>>
>>653069 that's a respectable jacket. I love the look, could imagine how it feels.
>>
>>653032
I grew up in the country. We raised goats, chickens, and turkeys for food. When you raise them, it's not as nice killing them. Sorta feelsbadman. But suddenly, cabrito! Then feelsgoodman. No feelsbadman part when hunting.
>>
>>653170
The only time I really had feelsbadman was when I looked into the trailer to see the pig for the first time and it was cowering in the corner and giving sad puppy dog eyes. But I can definitely see how caring for them and even naming them fucks you up when execution time comes
>>
>>653716
Yep. Never could get myself to do goats the right way, stringing them up alive and cutting their throats for best bleed-out. I put out some grain, let them get to eating it, then shot them in the head with a .22 first. Painless and without warning.
>>
Is normal OP. I too enjoy butchering my deer every year. The same enjoyment I get when I work on a motorcycle or write a computer program. Nothing wrong with it at all. In fact you are having a most honest relationship with your food. Be proud of it.
>>
>>653764
We shot rhetoric pig in the trailer with a .22 which I thought wouldn't be enough but I assume a larger round would leave a exit wound. It did struggle for a good 5 minutes though so node how effective the .22 was
>>
>>653834
Thanks man. This is the kinda insight I'm looking for. By the way watching through revenant and it's pretty damn great so far. I recommend it for /out/ tier movie.
>>
>>653032
I enjoy cleaning fish
Am I normal?
>>
>>653862
Yea I'd say so. I feel like the farthest away a animal is from being human the less remorse we have.
>>
How is a thread about killing a fucking pig relevant to the interests of this board?
>>
>>654028
Subsistence and seeing as cleaning and animal is something pretty often by hunters and ranchers alike . idk
>>
I kill pigs every Christmas. How did you kill him? I usually hit them with a sledgehammer and then cut their neck with a machete to collect blood for the blood sausages. It feels good, not to take the life on an animal, but to know that your feeding your own family and friends while doing it, and that is a more down to earth feeling than buying groceries, it is the same way with growing your own vegetables, any person can go and buy a sack of sweet potatoes, not anyone can pull them from their own grounds.
>>
>>654058
Thanks for this, and I didn't have the honors but we shot it with a .22. Cut a hole in its chest to help it bleed out. Then we skinned it, gut it gut it, so on so forth.
>>
>>653856
Probably shot him in the wrong spot. Draw a chalk line from left eye to right ear and vice versa. X marks the spot.
>>
>>654222
i've always shot right behind the ear towards the brain that is another thin part of the skull. always worked for me.

the only time i was ever upset by killing for food was with domestic rabbits when I was younger, in no longer bothers me when its for meat, and it even pisses me off when I hear people killing for fun or sport. The weird thing is euthanasia in veterinary medicine bothers me(i'm a vet-tech) i still haven't figured out if its wasting of food or sadness of losing a pet.

>>653032
i have always felt that processing your own food makes it more personal, instead of saying i bought that, its now look at what I did. there is a certain amount of pride from doing it yourself.
>>
>>653032
I love butchering animals, always have since I helped my dad with a deer when I was young. Taking extra care because it is my meat, spending time cutting and trimming. Making sure the hide is perfect etc.
>>
>>655139
Other vet tech here.
Euthanasia(THE PINK JUICE! AAAH DONT STICK YOURSELF) is necessary in some situations. Not arguing i just want to strike up convo
>>
>>653764
I never slit the necks of livestock, always knocked them in the head first. Several cows we ended up butchering I bottle fed for awhile when the moms refused to. You get used to it, I never hesitated to kill one of them after the first.
>>
It's not more honorable to let some other person kill your food for you. Of you eat meat, you should have an idea where it comes from.

If I kill something hunting, and then eat it, I respect that meal a hell of a lot more than my burger from Five Guys.

Don't get me wrong, I love Five Guys, but killing your own food gives you more respect for the animal. Strange that killing makes you respect life more, but it does.
>>
>>654028
>How is a thread about killing a fucking pig relevant to the interests of this board?

From the sticky:

>Gardening, farming and related activities

Killing a pig is clearly farming-related you faggot.
>>
>>653834
Same. Hunted, dressed, butchered and, processed an elk and a moose myself this year and goddamn I had a great time doing it.
>>
There's no greater feeling than being elbows deep inside a freshly killed deer as you cut the windpipe loose and pull out the heart.
>>
>>655419
especially when its cold af outside and the blood is all warm
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.