[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Budget night vision?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: o-NIGHT-VISION-facebook.jpg (474KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
o-NIGHT-VISION-facebook.jpg
474KB, 2000x1000px
Sub $750 monocle night vision?
>>
>>641008
>>641008
Man, what I wouldn't do for a set of those goggles for just Shits and giggles.
>>
>>641031
It'd be great fun having a set, I don't think I'd have any practical use for them, just for the entertainment.
>>
Can go for a decent Gen 1 set up (Decent in terms of Gen 1 that is, Gen 1 is still fucking shit) and a really good illuminator. Otherwise save up and get maybe some used Gen 2s at least.
>>
>>641032
That's where I'm at.

$3k setup = $100 security cam? Naw.
>>
>>641067
>Thinks a $100 security cam is anywhere near the quality of Gen 3 NODs
My sides
>>
You might get the answer you are looking for here, but I'm willing to bet that >>>/k/ has more people who know about this sort of thing.
>>
/k/ here.
If you absolutely have to get under 750 dollar NODs new, then go with the Armasight Spark CORE. It's a gen 1 tube with slightly better resolution, s/n ratio, amplification, and distortion. If I were you, I would save up a bit more for a good used generation 2+ NOD, or a lot more for gen 3. What gen 2/2+ has that one doesn't is a more robust intensifier tube, better resolution, lower noise, lower power consumption, longer tube life, and most importantly, autogating, which prevents bright lights from damaging your tube as easily as gen 1 would. There are people who have bricked gen 1/1+ tubes by turning them on in the daylight, or by looking at a car's headlights with them. Generation 3 has much much better light amplification than 1 and 2, and is superior in every single way. Digital's strong suits are that it can't get damaged by bright lights, and it's usually dirt cheap, although this comes with low refresh rates and light amplification inferior to some generation 1 sets.
As brands go, the only advice I have is to avoid ATN. Apparently their quality has gone to shit. From what I've heard, armasight is the go-to company if you're on a budget.
>>
> Worked for the Man here

Gen 3 or GTFO. It's all about the MCP, resolution in microns, the diameter of the "channels".

Actually, the only thing interesting about making NVD "3.5" was the physics.

> protip start at $1500
> START

> monocular

Nope. If you can't mount it, helmet, rifle... HELMET yl.

AN/PVS 7 for babby..
>>
>>641008
first of all you want monocle for night vision. because you leave one eye for the night.

second of all you don't actually believe these 4 eyed meme goggles are real, do you? the guy in the foreground is wearing mechanix gloves. those gloves will melt to your skin. he isn't an operator.
>>
>>641687
http://www.opticsplanet.com/eotech-gpnvg-system-kit-le-bnvis-mount-tan.html
Feel free to stop posting any time now.
>>
>>641451
This. Or the armasight Sirius for $1,200 for gen 2 +

Apex had gen 2 atn for $500 that was used by contactor in the middle east, but it's sold out now.
>>
OP, have you decided yet?
Got anymore specific questions?
>>
>>641008
My buddy bought a cheap (100 bucks) night vision monocular. Thing worked fine if you were just trying to see the dog out in the yard. After a year or so the thing just died. Dunno how much he used it so I don't know if it was worth the hundred bucks.
>>
I know this isn't /diy/ but wouldn't a good infrared flashlight and a cheap camera with a screen do the trick and be a lot cheaper?
>>
>>644148
Not nearly as well as a gen 1 NVG would.
>>
File: WM-D14-PVS-14-3.png (2MB, 2724x2444px) Image search: [Google]
WM-D14-PVS-14-3.png
2MB, 2724x2444px
I was issued these when I was in, goddamn they were aweful to use
>>
>>646191
Story/Experience?
>>
>>646191
Did you ever use any newer ones? Since I've been in that's what Ive used and they're not that bad if you have a bit of moonlight. But like I said I have nothing else to judge them on so I guess they could be complete shit.
>>
>>641687

They're $75k NVGs worn by devgru during Neptune Spear.

Read a book
>>
>>641792
>fucking 40k

that soldier carries more gear than his life is worth
>>
>>650595
False, a human life is worth much more, in the multi million dollar range at least, especially when you consider training and other ways money has flowed into them, to make their labor export valuable.
>>
>>641008
You could always just get a cheap webcam, install a filter for most visible light and use IR lamps with it. Most see in that range because of how cheaply they are made anyways.
>>
Armasight SPARK COREs are 480 bucks at nightvisionguys right now.
>>
>>641008
I'm not saying that this is the best solution by any means, just an example of how someone may make a cheap night vision setup, but you can get a NoIR camera for the Raspberry Pi and a screen and make a tidy little night scope for under $100.
>>
>>641008
Buy once cry once. Save your money for a gen 3 pvs 7 or 14. You'll be happy you did.
>>
>>641481

you sound like a total faggot
fuck off with your grunt bullshit
holy fuck
>>
>>652616
Anything under 1500 new is going to be "Dimitri Vodkaslavivitch's budget surplus NVG barn" tier.
What about his post is grunt bullshit?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.