[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Maybe /out/ could lend a hand...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

File: 1112151900a_HDR~2.jpg (935KB, 1717x2923px) Image search: [Google]
1112151900a_HDR~2.jpg
935KB, 1717x2923px
I think it's potassium defiecncy but not for sure.

I know there's plenty of greemthumbs /out / there
>>
>>629440
Fuck, *greenthumbs
>>
>>629440
>>629441
Try
>>618806
>>
File: leavedeficiencies6.jpg (203KB, 770x1024px) Image search: [Google]
leavedeficiencies6.jpg
203KB, 770x1024px
>>629440
Looks like it is. Very common on the later stages if you're growing in soil.
Would need some details. What breed? Age? Height? Is the petiole f the leaf dark/reddish?

I'm sure you've seen pic related, though it's not very helpful since the colors are shit.
>>
Yep. That's a soil grow right there isn't it?

You dumb bastard why are you growing in dirt? It's so easy to do hyrdro these days geez...
>>
>>629446
over-/underwatering is also a thing
>>
>>629456

It's called ebb and flow system.

Holy fuck why is anyone growing in soil and not using an automated ebb and flow system these days? It's easy and cheap. Step up your game amateurs.
>>
>>629459
Im not knocking hydro but nothing is cheaper than soil
>>
>>629459
Ha, you actually trigerred me into googling that shit.

Turns out I knew someone who used the drip method. Honestly impressed with the results, much less with the maintenance.
Nor the fucking mold all over his walls. But I disgress.

So is ebb and flow as cheap as you say it is easy ?
>>
>>629461

Maybe you're right, but using a hydro setup gets you way better quality AND yield, which means more profit.
>>
File: dewiethuglife.jpg (58KB, 720x704px) Image search: [Google]
dewiethuglife.jpg
58KB, 720x704px
>>629463
This young gangster is literally tripping.

Keep talking to me.
>>
File: 1381669453483 - Copy.gif (4KB, 452x523px) Image search: [Google]
1381669453483 - Copy.gif
4KB, 452x523px
>>629463
>which means more profit
>>
>>629467

...wut? Are you calling me a young gangster lol? Do you know anything about growing? I worked on a large scale legal grow operation for medical supply. I know what I'm talking about kid.
>>
>>629462

It is totally worth it. The costs depend on the size of your grow. The one I worked with had about 60 plants per system. That large of a system requried 1 fifty dollar water pump, 2 fifty gallon barrels, and appropriate hosing etc..

This could be scaled down obviously but a water pump and proper sized fluid containers and hosing are a must.

The benefit to this, is that the water pump can be set on a timer. You can mix nutrients and other growth chemicals directly into the secondary reservoir rather than each plant and it gets evenly distributed.

The ebb and flow system also more accurately mimics the way plants get/expel water in nature. Everything about an ebb and flow system is superior to other methods.
>>
>>629481
Whoa there friend, didn't mean to insult you.
Thought it was funny to see someone talking about growing & tripfagging, but you just reminded me there are places where this is legal. I honestly wanted to hear more. And I honestly thought my pic was hilarious.
Sorry for calling you a felon. :-(
I'm >>629462 btw.
>>629485
I get the basics, I was just wondering if there was no risks of contamination/chemical unbalance from reusing the nutrient solution ?
Hell I don't even know if I could get the proportions right... Care to share tips/experience ?
>>
>>629498
>>629485
Let's say I already have a water pump and a timer. How hard would it be to jury-rig the hosing? How often would you need to flood the plants?
And finally, how high will it grow ?
>>
>>629498

Heh no offense taken friend, I guess I was just confused by your meaning :)

The risks of contamination are dependent on your own level of precautions. The operation I worked on was not even a truly industrial level facility. We worked out of a 3 story house. But the way in which it was setup with various rooms, and the simple basic precautions we took were sufficient that we never had problems with mold, pests, or water supply contamination.

The proportions of nutrients and ratio vs water totally depends on how many plants you have. Researching said nutrients closely can allow you to calculate specific proportions based on need.

>>629500
Not very hard to rig the hosing. For a truly pro setup what you want is something like pic related. The upper port goes directly into the plant pot, while the side two ports have hoses attached, going to the adjacent plant pot's fixture, and so on depending on how many plants you have.

The water pump, timer, hosing, and reservoirs are actually cheap compared to: pots, lights, CO2 system, nutrient beads, nutrients, light fixtures.

CO2 can be done cheaply if a low amount of plants. Lights can be cheap if low amount of plants. It's all about the size of the operation.
>>
>>629440
There's always going to be foliage die-off towards the middle to end of flower, and since there's clearly trichomes on those lower fan leaves, you shouldn't be worried about lacking nutrients, you should be getting ready to flush your system.
>>
File: no time pigs.jpg (36KB, 500x451px) Image search: [Google]
no time pigs.jpg
36KB, 500x451px
>>629503
Alright, thanks a lot Dr. Sasquatch!
Might gives this a try in three month or so.
I might even write and post a grow report with some pics, If my country still exists in that timeframe.
>>
>>629792

Do it, friend! If you have any more questions I'd be happy to answer. There is a lot of information online free about this topic. I'd reccomend anything you read you verify with at least 2 other sources. It is possible to teach yourself how to grow quality plants using only internet research, just requires a couple generations of experiments, and the proper motivation!!
>>
>>629898

also remember this: The person that taught me how to grow top notch, quality plants always said this: "It's all about professionalism" What he meant was, keep things clean, do things completely and thoroughly, and don't leave out any details.

It's possible to grow HIGH quality product if you are simply motivated and truly care for the plants. Do the research, love the work, and it will pay off big time.
>>
>>629899
>truly care for the plants.
This. Remember, growing weed is just like having kids. You plant the seed and watch them grow, you do your best to make them everything they can possibly be. You give them every opportunity to be successful and strong. You worry about them when they get sick and you're proud of how well they've done when they're all grown up. Then you chop them into little pieces and light them on fire for your own personal enjoyment.
>>
File: nutrient_deficiency_flowchart.gif (127KB, 1100x759px) Image search: [Google]
nutrient_deficiency_flowchart.gif
127KB, 1100x759px
>>629440
Is this an old leaf or young leaf? Here's a general flow diagram.
>>
>>630135

LOL! I don't have kids but I find that hilarious. I've always loved growing :)
>>
>>629792

What country do you live in by the way my friend? I just noticed that comment and am very sorry for you circumstances :( Be safe brother.
>>
>>629500

Also, how high it grows depends on the strain. Without getting specific, there are 2 basic types of strain, and 2 hybrid types. Research it.

Height also does not matter if you are growing indoors. You must prune the plants and select for the most productive branches.

In the second to last phase of growth the plants should look very gangly and strange, not bushy. You are selecting the highest yielding nodes and trimming the sup-par ones. Research the term "nodes" in reference to this specific topic.
>>
>>629463
>more profit
No tell, no smell, no sell.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.