[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Seriously, if you live in the US, Canada or Russia, why aren't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 343
Thread images: 58

File: stelprdb5302861.jpg (728KB, 1544x1024px) Image search: [Google]
stelprdb5302861.jpg
728KB, 1544x1024px
Seriously, if you live in the US, Canada or Russia, why aren't you living in a small cabin somewhere in the nature with your wife and raising your kids like a proper family?
>>
When you grow up you'll realize it's not that simple.
>>
File: AWF.jpg (424KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
AWF.jpg
424KB, 1500x1500px
>>1089779
It literally is.
>Wageslave for a few years
>Meet like-minded gal
>Find plot of land
>>
>>1089775

Y have a wife and kids, tho? I'd rather have a pet burr named Pretzel.
>>
>>1089784
>Work your ass off
>Payoff debts
>Have kids
>Wife takes your kids and cabin
>End up broke in shitty apartment
>>
>>1089803
>Payoff debts
>Debts
>Living above your means
Lel. The rest is just your insecurities showing.

>>1089796
I mean sure, but don't you wanna leave descendants in this world?
>>
>>1089805
Most of us don't have a mommy buy our cabin
>>
>>1089775

Because decent land in the US is incredibly expensive.
>>
>>1089805

Nah. All about minimizing my impact on the world, and shooting out chilluns that continue to consume resources after I'm dead runs contrary to that. Taking on disciples or whatnot to pass along knowledge is fine (by my thinking), but creating life for the sake of my ego is no bueno.
>>
>>1089775
Because bills don't pay themselves
>>
>>1089775
>>1089775
land that can support a family of 3+ is crazy expensive bro. getting a well and septic put in will cost almost as much as constructing the cabin in your pic. you might not think it, but electricity and gasoline are important. trying to do self sustaining agriculture for more than one person is a lot of fucking work without power and solar alone can't give you that, never mind the ludicrous up front costs that solar has.

to do an off the grid set up properly takes tens if not hundreds of thousands of dollars in capital. even then, you are still going to need some sort of monetary income to pay for things like taxes and modern medicine (which you'd be a fool to give up). the only way to really do that is to have an investment portfolio that can pay out at least 10k+ a year, so thats another couple hundred thousand you need somewhere.

so all in all, you are looking close to half a million dollars to completely disconnect and not be living in appalachia hillbilly tier poverty. who's got that kind of dough?
>>
>>1089823
/thread
>>
99.9% of whores won't accept this lifestyle. Maybe a better alternative is to marry a Mennonite girl and join their community. They have intact families and the kids are well behaved and you can play farmer or craftsman
>>
>>1089824
That's a long response for a troll thread, buddy.

Implying OP isn't 15 and sitting in his room.
>>
>>1089775
That's the dream. Where I live and work there's a fuckload of outdoorsy girls who have similar aspirations. That being said, I think it's a matter of compromising a few things and not living in total isolation from the civilized world. I know a few young couples who live in small towns, grow a lot of their own food, and have nice communities to reach out to. THE DREAM IS ALIVE.

Also there needs to be a doggo somewhere in the picture.

>>1089823
Also this.
>>
>tfw this is the one thing I want in life, I have the girl, I'm building the skillset, but I fear every day that I'm not going to make it
What will happen to me otherwise? Stuck in a fucking city, fenced in like livestock and working every day to perpetuate a life I didn't even want?
>>
>>1089861
>Stuck in a fucking city, fenced in like livestock and working every day to perpetuate a life I didn't even want?
Welcome to being a western adult.
>>
>>1089775
I would if I could afford it lol. Fell for the university meme and now have a decent job that I could have gotten without the education, except with a mountain of debt.
>>
>>1089861
>Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need.
It's up to you senpai to break the cycle. Or you can always be one more of your similar enjoying the misery of the hedonist life but at the end of the day you will always know that you belong in the nature like your ancestors.
>>
File: IMG_20170624_154455.jpg (488KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170624_154455.jpg
488KB, 2560x1440px
>>1089813
>>1089821
>>1089823
>>1089824
Its quite simple to do.
Land is cheap once you get out of suburbia.
>>
>>1089888
>Its quite simple to do.
No it's not.
>>
>>1089889
I already did it.
There is nothing complicated to it.
It takes effort of course, but it can be done with as little as a $12 an hour job.
Don't expect to buy beach front property in southern California, but fertile land can be bought for $1,000 an acre in every U.S. state.
The rest is on the individual, it takes a lot of back breaking work to make it happen.
>>
>>1089899
>it takes a lot of back breaking work to make it happen.
Yeah, that's what I'm saying
>>
File: IMG955292.jpg (420KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG955292.jpg
420KB, 1200x1600px
>>1089901
I said it was simple, not easy.
It takes a massive amount of effort if you don't have lottery winnings to drop on it.
But its literally as easy as going to one of the major land sale sights, picking a ploy of land, calling the Realtor and mailing a check for $250 to get started.
There are "no money down, no credit checks, low monthly payments" land for sale everywhere.
If you don't have the time or knowledge to build a cabin, get a prefab (again, low monthly payment) or some used travel trailer to start.
If you truly have the desire you can learn what you need to know along the way.

Cabin is just to the right of the tractor- sorry I didn't get it in the pic but I was focused on the precise location of the tank for future maintenance
>>
>>1089908
The complicated part isn't the land and cabin acquisition process, it's the amenities, food, water and livelihood ones unless you feel okay with living on bugs and berries.
>>
Because internet connections are slower in rural areas and I enjoy being able to drive places in under an hour.
>>
>>1089908
Why would you put money down if it's $1,000 for an acre?
>>
>>1089911
My closest town is 247 people.
There's 5 people within 3 miles.
I have 4gLTE service in my cabin.
Cable company just ran fibre optic down my dirt road.
>>1089910
I'll take a guess and say you live in a major metropolitan area and think everyone in rural america eats squirrels because its a 16 hour drive to the nearest supermarket.
There's a Walmart about 27 miles away. I can be there in less than a half hour.
When I lived in Las Vegas, it would take me 45 minutes to drive to the Walmart that was 6 miles away because traffic sucked ass.

But, maybe denali anon can chime in. He has a cabin in Alaska and has to meet a sea plane down at an unnamed lake every couple months for food and cooking/heating fuel.
>>
>>1089913
Because you don't buy 1 acre.
I have 15 myself.
10 is the minimum in my opinion to feel like you are away from neighbors, 25 is better.
And of course it will cost more if you have a pond or creek or river access.
>>
>>1089915
No it's just that if you're gonna live innawoods unless you go on full self-sustainability mode (which I assumed you were doing because unless I missed it you haven't mentioned if you were doing or not) you still need income to afford groceries and basic shit, and I don't see myself commuting between work and the middle of nowhere every day, also I don't have enough capital to get income from investments at the moment.
>>
>>1089922
I'm not off grid.
I thought that was obvious with the power lines and satellite dish.
I did not have a job lined up when I came out here.
I have a half hour commute to a welding job.
But I'm surrounded by forest. I have deer, turkey, fox and too many other creatures to list (I have a panther that comes through my forest during the end of summer when its dry- it was here last week).
I have the capability of being self sustainable- hand pump wellhead, fruits and vegetables, plenty of game to hunt. But my intent was to get away from the decadence of modern society in large city's.

My work is near the sheriff station, they drive by all the time. I've actually hung out in the parking lot after work with some of the guys and we passed around my buddy's new ar-15, just to check it out. Cop drived by and just waved.
THAT is a prime example of what makes all the hard work worthwhile.
>>
But I am. In Idaho.

It's different for sure. You plan your trips to town and winter can be hard. Last year my water line froze from January ish to late April because I forgot to leave a faucet dripping. Turns out my pipe is only buried about 6 inches below the driveway. But the good times outweigh the bad, the privacy and the view and just...everything is fantastic. And the hard times where I have to troubleshoot make me a stronger person.

I never asked for easy. I wouldn't have it any other way than how it is. And truthfully I would die inside if I wasn't here.
>>
>>1089927
Sounds similar to me. When I lived in the small town west of me the cops shot at the same sand pit I did for training. My first look at a holographic sight was when one of the officers let me shoulder his AR with an eotech. Obviously couldn't fire his PD weapon but still, that sort of trust absolutely doesn't exist in the metro. People as a whole in the metro are animals. It's funny that they act like we are rough or uncivilized when by and large we retain much more of our humanity.
>>
You're eventually going to kill all the animals then starve to death, fucktard. Thats why indians were nomads.
>>
The point I'm trying to make is that it not black and white.
Its a sliding scale.
You can find land 50 miles away from the nearest neighbor and have to be completely off grid.
Or be like me where your neighbor is within walking distance but you never see them unless you want to.
If you're from someplace like southern California it might be hard to comprehend that there's something in between the suburbs and a 5,000 acre spread in Wyoming because your used to such a dense population that never ends- but most of the country has elbow room. And most of it has commerce and business to support those people.
>>
>>1089934
>that's why indians were nomads

Plenty of indians lived in agricultural settlements.
>>
>>1089937
Yeah, but you don't see them tending to massive fields of corn, squash and beans these days. Thousands of indians go hunting for months at a time on thier land, then live in society for a year or two to let their land replenish.
T. Indian
>>
>>1089934
I'm in cattle country.
I don't hunt actually.
I'm surrounded by grass fed black Angus steer. They eat 100% local grass and then local hay in the winter.
Ranchers have clear cut meadows within the forest. Cows get moved to one field- when the grass is gone they're moved through an alley into another clearing and cycled like this throughout the year.
Logging pines is huge here.
Cut down 100 acres, replant, come back and do it again in 15-20 years. Doing small tracts keeps habitat for wildlife and prevents erosion.
It's already a proven system that is 100% sustainable.
Our deer and turkey populations are so prolific that people come from the neighboring states and pay out the ass to hunt them.
So eat a dick.
>>
>>1089943
>I don't hunt
Thats because you're a low-testosterone faggot.
>>
>>1089944
Lol, whatever dude.
I guess you ran out of arguments.
I understand, - its difficult to have a witty comeback after I've presented all these facts.
>>
>>1089950
Hunting is the most primordial human experience. Moose eat all sorts of flora, so it tastes amazing, unlike beef, which tastes like pure shit.
Have fun being a gay t-let bitch the rest of your life.
>>>/lgbt/
>>
File: IMG_20170827_232848.jpg (238KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170827_232848.jpg
238KB, 2560x1440px
>>1089951
Exactly.
Those who get off on hunting are primitives.
Some of us have evolved.
Stop eating at McDonalds and your beef won't fast like garbage.
Here, have some deer sausage from my deep freezer.
>>
File: IMG_0962.jpg (58KB, 1097x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0962.jpg
58KB, 1097x900px
>>1089954
>eats deer someone else killed
Thats as cucked as it gets. Shame your father never taught you how to hunt. Have you even shot a gun?
>>
File: IMG_0963.jpg (192KB, 800x536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0963.jpg
192KB, 800x536px
>>1089954
Also i've only had beef once in my life.
A smoked meat sandwich when i went to montreal as a childFucking nasty shit.
>>
>>1089955
3d armored cav M2 gunner.
I've killed enough in my life, that's why I don't hunt.
>>
>>1089958
>he killed other human being for the jews
I bet the jews took your foreskin. Having your foreskin chopped off is literally the only reason americucks kill for the jews. Have fun with the memories of all the shitskins you killed, faggot. Oh yeah, and burning in hell for all eternity. Murderer.
>>
>>1089960
Damn you are all over the place with the rants.
I'll bet I could grab the cattle prod and get you to start stuttering within the next 4 posts.
MAGA.
>>
File: IMG_0964.png (61KB, 1425x966px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0964.png
61KB, 1425x966px
>>1089962
Make america intact again. Maybe you wouldn't be such war mongering niggers.
>>
File: 1460949968414.jpg (43KB, 345x395px) Image search: [Google]
1460949968414.jpg
43KB, 345x395px
>>1089822
Glad you won't be passing on your defeatist genes, thanks.

>>1089957
Kys yuppie hipster.

>>1089964
A girl touched your dick and you started cumming and farting, all without the permission of your local councilmembers, and you worry about them finding out every night at around 10 bongs.
>>
File: IMG_0966.gif (8KB, 400x340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0966.gif
8KB, 400x340px
>>1089967
>yuppie hipster
This is where i live.
Enjoy having the mark of the jew for the rest of your life.
>>
>>1089971
That explains it.
Dog fuckers are a waste of oxygen.
>>
>>1089973
HAHAHA. I'm a full Cree, you mongrel. 100 years from now, whites will be speaking arabic or some gay shit. And still have mutilated shmeckels!
>>
>>1089803
You're a loser because you think like a loser. Punk ass little bitch. Let the bigbois do this. Go on, get the fuck outta here; c'mon, let's go. Out.
>>
>>1089813
Why haven't you killed yourseld yet?
>>
>>1089922
>>1089775
>Living off the land meme
You realize many states its illegal to harvest rainwater for personal use. In Oregon you can get arrested for it. The states that do allow it theres size restrictions on a watershed
>muh land of the free
What a fucking joke
>>
>>1089775
I'm an urban man
My very inner fibers crave the chaos and comfyness of the city
>>
I haven't seen this big of a shit fest on /out/ in a while. Do I just visit too few threads? It's like fresh batony chop chop

>>1089993
It's our duty to violate and live contrary to those laws.
>>
>>1089993
>>1089998

This is 100% absolute bullshit. There are no states that have made it illegal to collect rain water for personal use and some even offer incentives for it. There are some states that require a permit for commercial collection.

The case of the man in Oregon is often cited incorrectly. He happened to have a rain water collection system, but that is not what he was arrested for. He was arrested for illegally diverting a river and interfering with down stream water rights.

Again, absolutely no state forbids private citizens from collecting rain water.

Stop spreading this lie.
>>
File: ascadsd.jpg (463KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
ascadsd.jpg
463KB, 1200x800px
>>1089775
>>
>>1089888
Thats a shed.
>>
>>1090004
Colorado does. He's right though the USA is literally the worst country with the worst population in the world at this time. Garbage people for a garbage country fuck every last one of them cunts
>>
>>1089964
>Australia and Canada too are victims of genital mutilation
Weeeeewwww
>>
>>1090081
No it doesnt you foreign fag

http://www.leg.state.co.us/clics/clics2016a/csl.nsf/fsbillcont3/E38A8DB3F0B7739887257F240063F8A2?Open&file=1005_enr.pdf
>>
File: niggywut.gif (340KB, 320x179px) Image search: [Google]
niggywut.gif
340KB, 320x179px
>>1089976
Jaffa kree?
>>
>>1089971
>Native who knows the kike cancer
Based anon desu.
>>
>>1090085
Nope it's illegal

http://www.naturalnews.com/029286_rainwater_collection_water.html#
>>
File: image.jpg (3KB, 300x57px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3KB, 300x57px
>>1090084
This. I've personally sucked about 30 Strayan dicks and not a single one was cut.

>captcha literally related
>>
File: 1434376418842.gif (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1434376418842.gif
1MB, 640x360px
>>1090105
Other than hiv, how many dsts do you have?
>>
>>1090107
Zero, goodfriend. I have zero DSTDs
>>
File: 1496260140677.gif (47KB, 306x469px) Image search: [Google]
1496260140677.gif
47KB, 306x469px
>>1089775
I am save for the wife and kids part.

>>1089803
>debt
>getting voluntarily ass fucked by Jews
>all dat projection

kek
>>
>>1089823
>live in BFE with 40+ acres
>live in cabin on a hill
>have several nice vegetable gardens that make people jelly as fuck
>total expenses for a year for food, electric, fuel, taxes, insurances, etc is about $3k.
>own a few other houses that are divided up into apartments; they pay for themselves and then some
>make enough money from rent to never have to "work" for money.

It is really really nice never being in any kind of debt at all. No credit cards, no car loans, no student loans, no mortgages, zero debt. If you don't have any debt and don't think around attaining debt in order to get what you want, your mental state will be something you can't even imagine if you are already in debt.
>>
File: 1431021318481.png (347KB, 453x604px) Image search: [Google]
1431021318481.png
347KB, 453x604px
>>1090108
I meant to wrote stds but ended up writing something that means the same but in my native language. Also good for you for being clean, I wasn't expecting that from a manwhore.
>>
>>1089913
cool, lemme just find a thousand bucks in my couch cushions...

oh wait i'm too poor for a couch
>>
>>1089775
Because my wife hates the cold. I do have my eyes set on about 20 acres in the mountains thats cheap. I've told her theres pretty much nothing you can do to stop me from buying it an building a cabin there. Shes accepted it. Unfortunately I still have to pay a mortgage for her and the kids to feel connected to society. Its such a waste of money. I hate uppity neighborhoods.
>>
>>1090103
Your own link states that it's not illegal for private citizens to collect rain water in Colorado, just that they have a limit on how much they can collect (two barrels).

The other cited case is a care dealership in Salt Lake City, UT. But that's a business collecting for commercial purposes.

The point is still valid. No state has made it illegal to collect rain water for private use.
>>
>>1089775
>US, Canada or Russia,

Not those countries, but over the last few weeks the overly educated wife has decided to chuck her job in and we're moving back to the farm. She's decided that its not worth the stress, lack of acknowledgement, travelling in the city and all the other stuff that goes with being some kind of hot shit lawyer. Kind of a big move for her and I actually wasn't expecting it so soon, we'd discussed it ages ago as an option but I'd sort of convinced myself that it might be another 5-10 years in the future.
Doesn't really affect my income, but as a family it'll be a mix of having less income overall, but less we have to worry about once our properties in the city are sold.

Its going to be interesting times!
>>
Water rights are never as simple as you'd think they are.

In some places, rainfall doesn't just sink into the ground and stay there. It accumulates and becomes part of a larger water system. Too many people collecting too much rain water in one area could negatively affect other people who rely on that water system.

But this is really only an issue in certain states like Nevada, Colorado or California where regular droughts are a bigger problem. Some states don't have rules on how much you can collect, but have rules on the methods used to collect it.

Like other posters have said, though, the vast majority of states in the US have no rules on collecting rain water and some even provide tax breaks for doing it. There is no nation wide push to ban rain water collection despite what the "Senior Health Ranger" says in his article on "Nature News"
>>
>>1089784
Point one and three are easy. Good luck finding a woman who wants to live innawoods.
>>
>>1090244
The idea of a limitation on number of barrels is still ludicrous and offensive, and so what if a car dealership wants to harvest rainwater? It's nobodies business but theirs and their customers.
>>
>>1090111
Don't deny my lived experience. Most debt is retarded but borrowing $100k on a $200k property and paying it back in five years costs almost nothing in interest. The cunt ex wife on the other hand cost me almost $500k
>>
>>1090283
See
>>1090262

Water rights are complicated, you have to think about how your actions affect others.

I know that's probably hard for you to do, being a NEET and all.
>>
>2017
>still giving money to the (((tribe)))
Don't forget to cry when the next (((depression))) hits and you lose all your shit.
Don't blow it. Keep it simple. Count your money.
>>
>>1089955
That's likely deer someone else processed. It's quite cost-effective to do the hunting then hand off the deer for processing, and what you get back often looks just like that package.
>>
>>1089960
Muslims and niggers aren't people so your butthurt is invalid.
>>
>>1090088
Thanks to the kikes most of our youth are larping as niggers.
>>1090306
>butthurt
I never said killing sandindus was bad, i just meant being a good military goy is as cucked as it gets.
>>
>>1090292

>Water rights are complicated, you have to suffer so others may prosper

Yeah low and middle class citizens in Colorado have do without their rain so it can be shipped to Arizona, Nevada and California so that rich people can import Mexicans to grow crops and serve their debauchery in Vegas.

Heck of a job Brownie
>>
>>1090315
Nice strawman.
>>
Reminder: Do not feed trolls, you cannot 'win'. Ignore them and they go away.
>>
File: 1432097826765.png (420KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1432097826765.png
420KB, 800x800px
>>1090312
B A S E D
A
S
E
D
>>
>>1090318
>Reality is a strawman

Delete your account
>>
>>1089840
this. women want more, more, more.
>>
>>1089824
Good Lord, you are the most retarded person I've seen today. Rainwater system rather than well, composting toilet rather than septic. If you're such a pussy that you can't stand working in the sun or doing some work then you oughta be wearing a dress, cuz there are plenty of girls out there that aren't as big a baby as you are. You don't need more than a $300some solar setup for a radio and some lights, a laptop, TV, whatever really. Not "ludicrous" at all, unless you're looking to power fucking A/C units. A wood stove isn't too expensive and will last you a lifetime, buy land near a swimming hole to cool off, don't need A/C. Don't need much of any income to pay taxes if you don't buy expensive land. Do you know how little land in the Ozarks costs? Keeping some money back for medical emergencies would be good, but you don't need to be taking out 10k a year.
You can be off grid for not a lot of money and be clean, have plenty of food and clothes, you just have to work for it you sissy.
>>
>>1090378
>Delete your account

Ha, he actually thinks he's on Reddit.
>>
>>1090369
http://crosscut.com/2016/12/native-american-nazi-chief-red-cloud-elwood-tanner/
>>
>>1090387
lel good comment
>>
File: 1500486163035.jpg (163KB, 600x840px) Image search: [Google]
1500486163035.jpg
163KB, 600x840px
If you aren't a woman who dreams of watching her children play outside through the kitchen window as you cook your freshly harvested vegetables while your husband chops wood for winter are you even a real woman?
>>
>>1090517
that picture always gives me a warm feel.
>>
>>1090524
Godamnit. Imagine snuggling up beside a fire while watching the sun set with some stew simmering on the stove.
I don't know how anyone could describe a better life honestly. I just hope I get too live it.
>>
>>1089958
As an army vet who's shot aqi teenagersI hate when vetfags say this shit. It's not the same. Stop trying to seem like a fucking war hero. Hunting for food is not the same as combat. PTSD is a meme.
>>
Living in a cabin away from nice amenities and life-saving emergency services sounds like a pain in the ass.

And a wife and kids? Are you from the 1940's or something? Only the extremely poor and extremely rich have children anymore.
>>
File: 1433272607635.png (100KB, 778x778px) Image search: [Google]
1433272607635.png
100KB, 778x778px
>>1090573
>Only the extremely poor and extremely rich have children anymore.
>telling lies on the internet
I'm sure there's no agenda behind you post.
>>
>>1090577
Maybe I phrased that wrong. I have seen some people with kids and they certainly aren't worth millions, but god knows what kind of a life they'll have. They certainly have my pity.

I guess my point is that you shouldn't have children unless you're wealthy.
>>
>>1090111
>never borrow money, da jooz etc

While you stay poor in your shitshack, borrowing money is the smart way to make enough coin to live the way you want. I could sell all my assets tomorrow, be "debt free" and have a tidy sum of money to my name, or I could maintain my debt while the value of those assets continues to rise.

also your entire mentality is retarded. Just move to the middle of nowhere and hope you can land a job to pay for your expenses, or else you'll starve. I could afford to move to a remote place and buy/build a house, get set up etc. But without securing employment there or an income source (like another anon mentioned, passive income through renting properties I own) then all I've done is lock myself in to a life of poverty and misery. I actually do intend to do that one day but not in a kneejerk seat of my pants way that results in a shitty poor life for me and my family.
>>
File: 1373251093502.png (131KB, 778x778px) Image search: [Google]
1373251093502.png
131KB, 778x778px
>>1090577
>no novelty Batman knoife
>no hard boiled eggs
Your /out/sman is /out/dated
>>
File: 20170829_015656.png (68KB, 720x162px) Image search: [Google]
20170829_015656.png
68KB, 720x162px
>>1090105

>>1090105
>>
>>1090693
You're wasting your time trying to explain.
>>
>>1089784
>>Meet like-minded gal
Impossible. Before the time western females hit puberty they're already indoctrinated into a life of having everything handed to them because they have a pussy. They never develop a concept of any other alternative way of living.
>>
>>1090699

Someone post the original that started it all pls
>>
>>1089775
Yup. My goal when I retire. Get family when reaching 30 and hope by 50 we have enough savings for small land & house in small town/village.

I was thinking if I can achieve this by myself so I don't have to get married but it would be too hard without a life partner financial support.
>>
The issue is probably not buying the land or building the cabin, but all the pipework/electric work you'll have to do. Same with setting up a decent waste disposal system. I'd buy a cheap house in the middle of nowhere instead.
>>
>>1090845
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>1089775
Because finding employment near anywhere worth having a cabin is difficult? I have one, but a decent paying job near it is hard to come by in this economic climate.
>>
>>1090885
Self employment, bitch nigga. There's tons of shit you can do.
>>
>>1090861
He isn't wrong. Look at women across cultures. Western women are unhappier, bitchier, more self entitled, and less faithful than most.

I mean, they're also far less abused and have actual freedom... So, trade-offs.
>>
>>1090845
>women are too entitled, this is why I don't have the girlfriend I deserve
>>
>>1090885

Make shit, process hides, butcher meat for huntards, sell firewood, blacksmith, sell excess crops, shill on jewtube. Options are only as limited as your imagination and competence.
>>
I genuinely want to do this, I just lack the funds in doing so.
>>
>>1090925
Women are fat boring entitled whores that's why I don't have the girlfriend that I deserve.
>>
>>1090967
No you don't.

>>1090939
You don't have to be the living embodiment of a hipster craftsman meme.

You can make good money with a real business, especially in rural areas.

Mobile welding is good everywhere, but if you already knew a trade or how to weld you'd think of doing that already.

Pressure washing, and sandblasting don't require a huge investment, don't take up all your time, and are very profitable.

If you're close to a highway, towing is another option.

There is bound to be a good business for you. Thare can't not be.
>>
>>1089784
>Meet like-minded gal

t. guy who doesn't know many gals

Car-camping is considered too extreme for most of the women I know.
>>
File: 1502227681044.jpg (75KB, 407x600px) Image search: [Google]
1502227681044.jpg
75KB, 407x600px
>>1090369
Zyklon Ben strikes again
>>
File: 1501359244473.jpg (40KB, 630x418px) Image search: [Google]
1501359244473.jpg
40KB, 630x418px
>>1089824
>this much ignorant in one post

Thanks for the cringe thread, OP.
>>
>>1090693
>>1090290
Wagecucks spotted. lol Enjoy your overpriced massive tv and I'll enjoy my free massive tv.
>>
>>1091042
>reeeee stupid wagies, stop owning my dream cabin
>>
>>1089775
what are the expenses in living /out/?
If I can buy the land and house with no debt, what else do I need to pay yearly tax? permits to farm? gas water utilities cheap truck and quad
say I saved 700k and want to move /out/ what's a smart amount to spend on a property and still have enough to get by?
should I buy cows or something to make money
>>
File: 1502754914830.png (2MB, 1565x987px) Image search: [Google]
1502754914830.png
2MB, 1565x987px
>>1091171
I can't answer those questions but i thought this might be helpful.
>>
>>1091171
$200k for property and improvements, $10,000 for living expenses per year for 50 years
>>
>>1091173
that's interesting, I wonder how many hours a day it would take to maintain that
I'm chubby computer neet I didn't even mow a lawn until I was 21
but my autism has me concerned about society and a financial collapse
my bitcoins made me enough to get out so I've been trying to research more, I started volunteering at the community garden and learned about farming making compost maintaining vegetables and fruit all that good stuff
>>
People think about the cost of the land, and the house, and taxes, but they never think about machinery.

How you niggas gonna homestead without a tractor?
>>
>>1089775
>raising your kids
>kids
sorry, i am not retarded
>>
>>1089964
20-80% in slovenia
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
seriously tho, that isnt true
>>
>>1091260
With a scythe;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVn1kiZnldQ
and a hoe.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4yoYTn0KjQ
>>
>>1091407
>not wanting/having kids
Great goy right here.
>>
>>1089964
Why is circumcision so prevalent in NA?
Do you not know how to keep your dicks clean?
>>
>>1091483
They also have penis inspection day. Or maybe I was memed by /int/ when I used to shitpost there.
>>
>>1090541
>hunting for food
You are hunting for pleasure, you can get on your mobility scooter any time and get food at walmart.
>ptsd is a meme
you are a meme
>>
>>1090081
You sound like a /pol/ack complaining about France.
>>
lol why the fuck would you?

I live in a city because I have a job that pays a fuck ton. My wife has a job that pays a fuck ton.

We're both on track to retire in about 8 years, at the ripe old age of 40. We're planning to have kids in 2-3.

After that retire we'll have 2 paid off houses (one to rent) and one to live in a rural small town (25k) area, about 15 miles out of town, close enough for everything we want, schools, a hospital, ect, far enough to feel a bit isolated and own 160 acres for cheap.

Plan is to build a custom house, fully capable of being off grid but also connected for convience, well and city water, solar and city, sewer and septic.

Then live off rental and investment income and really enjoy life. Wake up with my kids, spend the day with my wife hiking, shooting, exploring, tinkering on projects, maybe freelance some as I'm a software developer.

I don't get why people are willing to trade 15 years or their life to have a really nice 40 or 50 year existence.

Link related its a guy that basically did exactly what I'm doing, just more extreme, mr money mustache.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfKaLQkTZfQ
>>
>>1091572
>We're planning to have kids in 2-3.
Expect that retirement plan to be delayed.
>>
>>1089775

because literally all of montana is on fire, and i know many 'homesteaders' who have nothing because their shit has burned down and -surprise- having zero income in a self-built log cabin doesn't lead to things like 'insurance' and 'savings funds'
>>
>>1091654
Expect to have to pay $150,000 for IFV treatments, too. Ha ha ha, worn out ovaries and busted stressed out testes.
>>
>>1091483
Serious answer: in the mid to late1800s there were a lot of weird purity/health reform movements in North America. All kinds of sanitoriums, communes and hospitals cropped up with all kinds of treatments. Some benign, some weird and some outright dangerous. Male circumcision was one of the ones that caught on and stuck around since it didn't appear to have any long term dangers.

This is also the same social push that gave us corn flakes. And Mormons.
>>
>>1091666
Satan is Right >>1091572 prepare to lose your balls.
>>
>>1091432
That's fuckin dumb. Shit takes a long time. Too much time that a busy nigga don't got.

How about when it's time to move big clay. You going to tell me that you'd use a shovel too?

Fuck outta here with your gardening tools.
>>
Because I dont want to be a survivalist nutjob dying of scurvy in a shitshack
>>
>>1091654
Maybe, we live on around 50k a year after taxes, plenty of people manage to raise kids on way less than that. Our plan is to swap our yearly Europe trip and car payment for the expenses associated with kids. As far as an emergency fund we already have a year of expenses saved in cash.

>>1091666
lol u jelly? 666 trips tho hmm...

a good retirement to me isn't busting my ass all day cutting wood for 10 hours a week, its being able to afford power and a log splitter for my wood stove.
>>
>>1089775
Waiting for my little brother to finish school, he's a senior. Then my whole family is moving to a small rural town. Grandpa has the land and will let us put a trailer on it. Going to garden and raise chickens and rabbits, and possibly goats. We're thinking about how we're going to make enough money. I could do dog grooming or training on the side.
>>
>>1089784
How much do you get paid in a wageslave job where you are at?

Assuming you have 0 debts and had all your expenses provided (transportation, food, rent) you would still need like 5 years of work for JUST the land before taxes and construction.
>>
>>1091722
Perhaps a tractor-run tiller would be reasonable.
However, you remain more healthy and fit if you farm with a scythe (custom built for body beight and measure). My grandmother of 98 still operates her farm AND moves around heavy rocks, and fight off lions with an elephant gun, all in South Africa. And she is still alive and well.
She does this all by herself (she runs a tea farm). Holy shit if "a nigger aint got time for that" then your a lazy fucking spic. Go home Alejandro.
>>
Jesus, all this guessing and zero real-world knowledge.
Have some facts:
>I bough 15 fertile acres ($1,200 an acre) with no money down, no credit check, $199 a month. That included a creek and small forest- not just some desolate piece of dirt.
>I use my bronco as a tractor with a used $100 harrow attachment hooked onto my towhitch. My front driveshaft isn't even hooked up right now.
>Ever see those hand pumps for wells in the movies? They only work up to 30 feet, that's just physics. Pump cost me $38. Well/sand point was $29. 25 feet of pipe was $65. An afternoon with a fence post hammer and I had "running" water. An electric pump was $219.
>getting electrical service cost me about $900- that includes service pole with meter box, main disconnect and 4 breaker slots for external use, 32 slot breaker panel in the cabin, 250 feet of 12/2 wire for outlets/lights etc and the 0/4 main power lines. Would have been about $300 cheaper if I was in the next county, they provide the service pole and meter box.
>septic system cost me $1,850, but I had him do some extra stuff so it was closer to $2k.
I didn't have an instruction manual on how to make this all happen- I just figured it out as I went along.
Improvise.
Put effort into it.
So you might have to commute 30-45 minutes to work
So what.
Most mornings I see more deer than cars.
>>
>>1092094
got any pics?
>>
File: IMG_20160811_191121.jpg (606KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160811_191121.jpg
606KB, 2560x1440px
>>1092095
Tons.
View from my porch.
That's my forest in the background.
The grassy area is part of what I smoothed out using my bronco and ancient harrow- then I dragged a piece of railroad track behind it.
Chain link fence with cinder blocks or bricks piled on top of it will work instead of a railroad track.
>>
File: IMG_20160811_195858.jpg (338KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160811_195858.jpg
338KB, 2560x1440px
>>1092126
Cabin is up on top of the hill.
>>
File: IMG_20160811_195845.jpg (471KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160811_195845.jpg
471KB, 2560x1440px
>>1092131
Hard to see the cabin in last pic, but its there.
This pic was taken in same spot, kind of opposite direction.
I have a sleuce box down in my creek I need to go check. But since I saw the panther I've been a little hesitant to go at dusk when I get home.
>>
nice cabin anon

I plan on doing that once i get out of the military in a few years. parents gave me a little plot of their 68 acres to build a cabin on
>>
>>1090369

not an argument :^)
>>
So /out/ here is my situation

>Have suburb house with ~200k equity
>Fucking loathe the rat race and shitty suburbia
>For 200k I could buy 3 hectares of native New Zealand forest with a north facing building platform, build a nice 2 bed cabin with all the off grid shit that is needed
>Already built my own house so building a little cabin by myself is no problem
>Have a willing gf

I'm sorely tempted anons. Should I do it? My only concern is that doing it will leave us with little to no money leftover, but also no debt or power/water/whatever bills to be paid. This means one of us has to get a job at least for a while, I work in Telco so I can probably find something anywhere but would like an at home earning option. In my country distillation laws are super lax, selling a little spirits sounds like a fun job. Has anyone ever distilled commercially?
>>
File: pete.jpg (45KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
pete.jpg
45KB, 480x640px
>>1092244
where are you living atm? I'm in central auck atm and I'm done with the noise and the chaos. But looks like I have to stay for work for at least a few years after I graduate. What would a tel comm job from involve? also where2cop girlfriend ok with living more than 30 min from starbucks? my friend runs a small craft beer label, reasonably successful. steep steep learning curve in order to be competitive though. a better idea would be something health food/vegan/organic/paleo/whateverthefuck related though. I worked at my mates sauerkraut business last year and shits very straight foward compared to alcohol fermentation. he's making bank too, all the boutique places like his stuff, not just the supermarkets. if you've seen living goodness brand in the chilled section, thats us
>>
>>1092248
tel comm job from home*
>>
>>1092248
Currently Canterbury but looking to get away from Canterbury since the environment is fucked. Karamea has nice cheap land and isn't too far from town, looking promising.

As far as gf goes I can't help you bro. I've retained mine from high school. I wouldn't have the first clue how to find a redpilled waifu
>>
>>1089976
damn, you're inbred as hell
>>
>>1092244
Weigh the pro and con and then just do it. Quality of life (or rather lack of it) has a cost... Why do shit you hate?
>>
>>1092094
What are you doing for internet? I'm more or less relegated to mobile data via my cell phone plan.
>>
>>1092094
What country do you live in?
>>
>>1092094
>$199 a month.
reeeeeeee debt. wagie scum. jews will get you, etc
>>
File: _20170831_225819.jpg (694KB, 1274x5344px) Image search: [Google]
_20170831_225819.jpg
694KB, 1274x5344px
>>1092321
Surprisingly I have 4gLTE in my cabin.
In "town" I have 1x reception or nothing, go fig.
Although the cable company just ran fibre optic down my dirt road for my neighbor.
>>1092342
USA. Georgia.
The website I found my land on had the same type of deals in basically every state.
I found some land in Arizona for $100 an acre- but that was just desert wasteland so I would not recommend it.
>>1092348
$199 a month for my own land vs $850 a month rental on a shithole 1 bedroom apartment in las Vegas- I had my car stolen in that apartment and a neighbor was murdered. S.W.A.T. showed up 3 times in a year.
>>
>>1092367
That tree is 70-80 feet tall.
It was dead so we torched it during the winter (surrounding healthy trees were not damaged).
Those aren't stars above it, those are embers. It could have gotten sketchy if there was wind that night.
>>
>>1092367
Gibe website pls.

Here's a UK one.

http://www.woodlands.co.uk/
>>
>>1092449
Landandfarm.com is where I found mine
Landwatch.com has many great listings also.
There's a ton of other websites, but those two alone would keep someone browsing all weekend.

Someone posted some land they found for sale for $160 an acre- it was amazonian rain forest (like literally). So there's quite a variety and you can find whatever type of land that interests you.
>>
>>1089955
Shooting with guns shouldnt even be considered as hunting. Needs no skill, just being a pussy by hunting defenseless animals
>>
>>1092490

(You)
>>
>>1089775
Because I live in a 110 year old house in a small village (600 people) and my daughter goes to the best school in my province. I have a store, library, beach, forest, post office in under 10 minute walk. What more do I want?
>>
>>1092508

Arabs
>>
>>1089967
>Kys yuppie hipster.
Schwartz is hipster now ? Bwaahahahahahaha
>>
>>1089796
Kids are awesome.
>>
>>1089775
> Russia
> living in the countryside
Nice idea. Even in large cities water, gas, elecricity and heating are sometimes turned off just because. Here you also have to maintain a supply line in addition to paying for stuff. You also need to go to large cities to get food you won't puke from once in a while. Add money for fuel and car maintainance. And food. Getting money is virtually impossible since
1) Agricultural sector is dominated by latge companies and there are more than enough "organic food" hipster bullshit.
2) Internet would be shitty so no earning money this way.
3) Not that much jobs even in cities and they are payed like $500 at best. Literally nothing outside.
>>
>>1090036
those prefab "sheds" are incredibly easy to convert. my local menard's offers a wiring and/or plumbing package.
>>
>>1090259
congratulations man.
>>
>>1090283
Water rights are really really really important in some parts of the world. Now you probably live somewhere where more then enough water just magically falls from the sky, but it's not hard to understand that some places DON'T GET ENOUGH RAINFALL, pretty much every drop is accounted for, and you get fined for going over your quota.

And yes, a lot of water is wasted in the desert on green lawns and crap they shouldn't have out in the desert. But I'm guessing if you think the gov't shouldn't regulate the use of rain fall, they shouldn't regulate the use of tap water either.
>>
>>1092516
You forgot the best part, meme man;

Everyone and his brother know how to make welding, and woodworking, driving offroad, and mechanicing, and painting, and plumbing and never hire a tradesman ever.
Instead of carry a knife knife, every Russian keeps inside of Americansk jeans pocket, 13mm wrench to fix Lada when he is break. Because only need of 13mm wrench.

Thats what you sound like.
>>
>>1089775
i'm a gen y just scraping by these days, but I hope to build my Yurt some day.
>>
>>1092530
I've honestly been thinking about doing this. How comfy is it? Is it easy to set up (ie: if I buy land that doesn't have utilities to it already, how big of a pain is that?)
>>
Cabins don't get that great internet. Also I'm gay.
>>
>>1092314
I'm not. And if i was, my life would still be much better than a cutfags. If i had to choose between autism or the mark of the jew, i'd choose autism.
>>
>>1092597
If i had to choose between being a nigger or the mark of the jew, i'd choose being a nigger.
>>
File: 665.jpg (44KB, 450x373px) Image search: [Google]
665.jpg
44KB, 450x373px
>>1092597
>>1092598
>>
>>1092560
Its as comfy as any home.
I started with a blank piece of land, there wasnt even a driveway.
If you have zero construction experience, than it will take more time of course.
But finishing one of these prefab sheds is simple.

Plumbing is done with cpvc pipe nowadays. You can cut by hand and just glue everything together.
You don't need power tools to cut drywall- just score it with a razor knife and break it off. If its not a perfect cut, use trim board when you're done to cover it.
Even though most people are gun shy with electrical- its very simple. Plug one wire into the breaker for the hot side, the neutral and ground wires both go to the ground bar.
Drill a hole in the 2x4 studs to run the wire or plumbing to where you want a receptacle or switch or sink or whatever.

It might seem overwhelming, but its not.
Individually the steps are simple, just break them down into their components and you can get through any part of it step-by-step.
You WILL sweat.
You will need money, nothing is free.
I was lucky to have a friend with an empty house I could use kind of close by. But self-contained motorhomes or camper shells are cheap if you don't have that option.
It will take some time to setup everything in the beginning to get it livable.
>>
>>1092616
What is the best part of the U.S. to live in without proper air conditioning? I figure with a shed/trailer/cabin I shouldn't have to spend more than 5000, the land could easily be had for 5000, so that's just 10000 for the land and housing. The hard part, to me, is finding land with utilities or developing the land. I can do electrical, pvc piping, basic house stuff just fine, but I can't dig a well or install a septic tank.
>>
>>1092616

This guy is full of shit and never built squat in his life.

Canadian here, I'm actually rebuilding my family cabin after it burned down, we're already 2 months in and we barely have the cement basement done and the floor.

It's really really complicated and costly, most crown lands that don't have utilities are all bought up, government regulations make it entirely impossible to build, you have to do limited renovations to the cabin you bought, can't change the size or anything, you must have a regulation septic tank ($$$), you have to get the material there knowing you probably won't even have a road, or have to carry it by boat over water like we do. You need to setup the water, propane and electric lines, install solar panels, fusebox, battery grid.

To give you an idea, a 30x30 cabin with a single level starts at around 150 000$ and that's not even counting the ATV, Boat, snowmobile, generator you might need...

If you go for wood stoves you have to take at least 3-4 weeks off every year to get everything done.

There's a fucking reason colonists back in the day ate tubs of pure salted lard at every meal, it's fucking hard work...
>>
>>1092626
>a 30x30 cabin with a single level starts at around 150 000$
What fucking retarded dealer did you buy from? Don't be jewed and instead buy one of those 3000 dollar storage sheds with doors and windows.
>>
>>1092627

It's not a dealer you dumb fuck, it's crown lands, they're in very high demand because there's a moratorium on new constructions, you can't buy new lands so 150 000$ will get you a shitty cabin and 75% of the worth is just the land.

You're going to have to place your dumb storage shed somewhere dumbass, so it's gonna cost you maybe 110 000$ instead of 150 000$ assuming you can get the zoning board to give you land, which they only do once a decade, but you have to win the lottery, 50$ a ticket.
>>
>>1092628
In the U.S. we aren't that badly cucked, I can buy a 3 acre plot of land for 5000 dollars and do pretty much whatever I want with it as long as nobody gets upset about it. It's less about following the written law and more about not making things difficult for your neighbors or local law enforcement.
>>
>>1089908
Where's the leach pit?
>>
>>1092631
Show me that 3 acre plot for $5000 or you are full of shit
>>
File: IMG_20170624_154444.jpg (488KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170624_154444.jpg
488KB, 2560x1440px
>>1092626
Suck a dick.
Raining and night so i can't get a full pic but I'll time stamp the porch.
>>
>>1092626
My septic
>>1089908
>>
File: IMG_2449.jpg (417KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2449.jpg
417KB, 1600x1200px
>>1092651

That's a shitty barn you bought on the grid noob, get on my level and build it on an island off grid.

I didn't upload pictures with the beams and floors yet.
>>
>>1092654
I was living in mine 15 days after I bought the property.
Mines a home.
Yours is just lumber.
This isn't my goal.
I didn't even start with a goal.
This is just what developed so far.
>>
File: IMG_2507.jpg (287KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2507.jpg
287KB, 1600x1200px
Ofc, 15 days cause you we're plugged right on the grid and probably at a 15 minute drive from your house, we're 3h drive, 30 mins boat from the city, on a godamn island living in tents and running our operation with generators.
>>
>>1092654
BTW, your government is fucking you, HARD.
Colonials lived a good life.
Wild game, fresh vegetables and a secure home that was warm and dry.
Sure it was a lot of hard work with their tech, but to say they survived on salted lard is bullshit.
Your country is garbage, but I wouldn't expect any other kind of post from someone who lives in a country that recently legalized beastiality.
>>
File: IMG_2475.jpg (92KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2475.jpg
92KB, 1600x1200px
>>1092662

They didn't fuck us hard, we pay 500$ a year to rent crown land, my family was settled here over a century ago waaaay before the moratorium, even before they built the huge hydro-electric dams and we had to rebuild higher up in the hills.

Also, colonials didn't survive on just lard, it was just the fat of the epoch, they didn't have butter or olive oil, they used pig lard.

This landscape ain't no garbage
>>
>>1092621
Southern California is the only place I can think of where you can live without A/C or heat. Be prepared for sticker shock if you look up prices.

If you (or anyone else) is serious about this kind of lifestyle, do research on water tables/well depth before you buy land.
That's the most important thing.
That land in Arizona for $60 an acre is worthless because it will never have running water.
It cost me less than $100 to do a shallow hand pump well.
I dropped my cabin on the corner of my property and was lucky there was a power line running down the road next to it. Electric company provides the first 300 feet of hookup for free. After that its $4 a foot overhead, $7 a foot underground. It could have easily cost an additional $5,000 if I had put my cabin on the backside of my property. So do your research.
>>
>>1092667
You do have some beautiful views from your place.
But to say it costs $150,000 to have this lifestyle is only your perspective.
I've heard people quote $30,000 for septic, but mine was less than $2k.
>>
File: IMG_2457.jpg (239KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2457.jpg
239KB, 1600x1200px
>>1092671

It's not my perspective, it's what most cabins are going for and it's the municipality's evaluation, we pay fucking taxes according to the eval and when people sell they usually sell way higher than the municipal eval...
>>
File: IMG955294.jpg (498KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG955294.jpg
498KB, 1200x1600px
>>1092641
My leach field, since you were curious.
Junction box to 2 fields, all to code.
>>
>>1092642
Dude my land was $1,200 an acre.
My neighbor said I overplayed.
He payed $800 an acre, but his land sucks in my opinion in comparison. I have a creek and 30+ feet of elevation change. He has a flood plane good for growing corn.
Once you get outside of major city's, land is cheap. That 1/4 acre plot on the corner of main street is worth ((($2.35 million))) because its zoned for business in town, no other reason.
>>
File: IMG_2412.jpg (664KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2412.jpg
664KB, 1600x1200px
>>1092678

This thread is about living in nature, a shitty shack on farmland close enough to the city to be on the grid is hardly living in nature.

If you got it that cheap it's probably because you can't grow shit on it, so why have that shitty piece of land in the first place?
>>
>>1092678
You are lying
>>
>>1092682
My nearest "town" is 247 people.
>>1092689
First search result.
37 acres.
$22,900
$197 a month payments.
http://www.landandfarm.com/property/Scenic_37_Acre_Northern_AZ_Ranches_197_Month-4642535/
>>
>>1092682
Hey dipshit, this is from my porch.
>>1092126
Everything in that picture is mine.
Looks like its growing just fine.
>>
File: IMG_2476.jpg (136KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2476.jpg
136KB, 1600x1200px
>>1092697

I don't see anything growing, except grasses and ferns...
>>
>>1092699
They look like 70+ foot trees to me.
>>1092137
>>
File: IMG_2402.jpg (420KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2402.jpg
420KB, 1600x1200px
>>1092701

Jesus Christ are you thick.

Trees grow everywhere, vegetables don't. The land from our cabin isn't arable it's just a sand delta from the confluence of two rivers, we carry earth from town for our garden

See how the earth in the garden is darker and yet trees, grasses and ferns still grow in the sand?
>>1092682

Try to grow something else than a mongolian step flora on your farmland to see if it isn't utter shit.
>>
>>1092706
>says I'm on farmland.
>says nothing of value will grow.
You are an idiot.
I have cherry, avocado, apple and pecan.
I actually focus on roses and gladiolas in my landscape.
It sucks that your land isn't fertile, but mine is.
>>
>>1089775
>Why aren't you living in a small cabin
I will soon as we can afford to build a reasonably sized one on our land.

>somewhere in nature
Got that covered!

>with you wife
I'm in a same sex relationship and have been for over a decade

>raising your kids
Not in a position to hire a surrogate for children yet

>like a proper family
I like my boyfriend and I'm far too psychologically damaged by women to form a heteronormative life with one. Best I can do is bust a nut in them and call it a day. I was seriously scarred.
>>
Hey /out/, I'm an anon currently living in Montana, Land here (even undeveloped) is expensive as hell, and I'll probably get 6.5 acres of land when my old man passes, but that's quite a ways down the road, it isn't very far in the woods ( has neighbors, super dry earth, can't get water rights despite being just south of an irrigation ditch), question is, what should I do? I'd like to stay living in this beautiful state, living off my own patch of land, and I have experience in gardening, hunting, and staying warm in the winter (ie logging) but no experience in how to build a cabin, getting off the grid, or anything of that sort, also I'm a little concerned about what I should do for the off chance I get in a medical emergency and the nearest ER is 40 miles away, should I learn some basic med skills by taking an EMT class?
>>
>>1092717
Learn combat medic tier first aid.
Your state sucks for water rights, get a lawyer.
Buy a hammer, nail boards together- poof, a cabin has appeared.
>>
>>1089927
Man I'm drunk as fuck right now but that sounds wonderful. I'm majoring in computer science. I could possibly get a remote job and live out in a place like yours. The problem is I'm not very handy when it comes to stuff like this. i can shoot but thats about it.Thanks for giving me the comfy image though. Do you really live in a place like this? I see you are being a little mean about it, but I can see you are trying hard to share this life with other people. I respect you man. i hope you live a wonderful life dude.
>>
>>1092733
Focus on the career. Get a decent job, with >dem benefits.
Like vacation time.
Use the money you make as a professional, with the vacation time that comes from a professional career, to enjoy your /out/ivities.

t. electrical engineer
borderline 6-figure salary
desk/lab job
been with teh company for over a decade
I take 2-3 weeks off a year, with a bunch of 3- and 4-day weekends inbetween.
>>
>>1092733
I only have attitude with people that either say Im not living like this or those that swear you can only do this with an insane amount of money.
I've posted in many threads, just trying to tell people that its easily obtainable and share my experience from the start- and help others to avoid the issues ive come across. I get pissed and frustrated with people who insist that its not possible if you have limited funds and/or are afraid of moving to a new area and starting over.
There are always jobs.
There is cheap land in every state.
There is cheap temporary housing alternatves while you build- you can rent a room or buy some pos camper.
It seems as though too many people are sheltered and can't comprehend working on something- they think the only choice is to move from their apartment into a finished two story cabin with a pool and crystal chandelier.
>>
>>1092763
I feel you. I'm not >>1092733 though. I worked for a couple years (shitty jobs less than 10$ an hour) and SAVED my money. Five years later bought some cheap land with a cheap place on it and have been building it up as I live on it. I'm 28, own my home and land, 0 debt, have my own small business and am looking forward to the future. Been working toward homesteading since I bought the place, got crops, chickens, ducks, about to install a 1500 gal pong for tilapi. Can't wait to be self sufficient. My friends and peers don't know how I did it, mostly because every time I try to tell them their eyes glaze over and the idea of leaving Mommy and Daddy becomes too scary a thought. Lately I've noticed whenever I speak about my life or what I'm working on my "friends" get passive aggressive telling me how "happy" they are I am living the way I want to live and how they wish they could have it so "easy".
>>
Because i like to wipe my asshole with toilet paper, not with sticks like some primitive godless savage.
>>
>>1089958
So the moment you reveal that you have had experience of Modern War and have personal reasons as to why you don't want to hunt people tear you a new ass hole.
>>
>>1091722
A chapter of a book written by Walter Prescott Webb in 1930's (later revised in the 50's) studied the effects of Southern Farmers trading their horses and mules for tractors and automobiles and how this changed the agricultural system from one of subsistence farming to one of corporate subservience. With the introduction of the tractor to the farmers in the south were granted greater efficiency and a higher yield but were not better off in the long run when compared to the sustainability and re-usability provided by a horse and mule as the farmers stopped growing feed for the mules and changed to cotton and wheat and farmed more intensively exhausting the soil that sustained the farm. The reason was that the Horse and Mule can sustain themselves off a portion of feed provided by the Farmer and pays itself off over the course of a year and can provide service for up to 15 years. A Tractor requires taking out a loan, paying for petrol and for replaceable parts that had to come from Michigan and bought in the local town, drawing wealth away from the area.

If you want to get into agriculture and off the grid-living you are clearly doing it for reasons of self-reliance and individual freedom. If you choose to use more mechanical means to pursue this goal you will become financially dependent on the external world and potentially indebted to it.

With this in mind trading off some extra time to tend to your 25 acre plot by using traditional farming tools is completely reasonable. The question is what has a farmer got to do that is so important to him that he has to take less time out of his farming?
>>
>>1089899
>but it can be done with as little as a $12 an hour job.
Not everyone is american.
>>
>>1092542
I'm Eastern European and that's exactly how it works here.
>>
>>1089775
trust me im saving up to live in a trailer in the woods
>>
>>1092873
>saving up
>to live in a trailer in the woods
>>
>>1092694
So jelly. I'm from the UK and it's very hard to afford even a single acre rural property here. 20 years ago it was easy but since our country is densely populated white flight from the cities has caused all property to become super expensive.

I'd like to emigrate to Eastern Europe but it's hard to leave your family behind and go to a foreign country alone. Hopefully Trump's white preference immigration policy goes ahead then I can emigrate to the USA.
>>
>>1092715
>I'm in a same sex relationship
>I'm far too psychologically damaged
No shit, anon.
>>
File: view.jpg (12KB, 320x246px) Image search: [Google]
view.jpg
12KB, 320x246px
>>1092902
Bitter roastie detected.
Leave anon alone. If i could go gay i would do it in an instant. Women are fucking horrible.
>>
File: 1349433296552.png (10KB, 387x429px) Image search: [Google]
1349433296552.png
10KB, 387x429px
>>1092905
this
>>
>>1092885
The U.S. isn't the only option.
What about Ireland and Scotland?
I would avoid the amazonian rain forest I mentioned earlier.
There's always Poland (only if you're white apparently), Kazakhstan, Ukraine and mother Russia.
>>1092875
>>1092873

That first step is the hardest.
Once you make the transition the money you would normally spend on rent becomes available for property upgrades.
For some people its financially the only option.
>>
>>1092694
>Not $5000
>No water
>Not farmable
>No creek
>Middle of nowhere

You are lying
>>
>>1092934
Stop being a lazy douchebag.

http://landandfarm.com/property/4_48_Acres_in_Pickens_County-6326085/

4.48 acres.
$5,000
Creek
Forest
Seriously took me 45 seconds to find.
>>
>>1092885
Someone posted a site for the UK a few posts back. Prices aren't that bad.

There's 13 acres planted with 2O year old Norwegian Spruce and a creek, up in Scotland for £49,000

It's not cheap, but not super expensive either, especially considering the wood you're getting.
>>
>>1092944
There are plenty of cheap plots like that but you're not allowed to live on them.
>>
>>1092941

>No access to land can't live there

C'mon, you say there is cheap land in every state for a few hundred $ an acre or $5000 for a buildable, farmable lot and you can't find one anywhere. You are just a larper
>>
>>1092905

That's what traps are for, sweetie. Or MtF post-ops. It's not gay if it mostly looks like a bitch. If children are an issue you could just bang a breeding unit to squeeze out some progeny then go live in peace with your wifebro.
>>
File: 9.jpg (205KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
205KB, 1024x768px
>>1092953
>no access to land.
It has better access than my place, here's a pic from ad.
>can't live there
Its zoned residential.

You do know that people will PAY YOU to log your mature trees, right?

You're another basement dweller that expects everything to be handed to them.
Buy a friggin chainsaw for $149 and cut down some trees.
Make a clearing large enough for a cabin.
Clear debris for a garden spot.
>>
File: wtaloft.png (346KB, 545x395px) Image search: [Google]
wtaloft.png
346KB, 545x395px
Anybody got some tips for some cheap land?

My thinking is that land listed online is the crap left over after everyone took up the good stuff. 5 acres for $5k is a good amount of land for the price but I have a suspicion it's very far from anything.

My friend has talked about combing local tax records and finding land someone isn't paying taxes on and then try to do a lien sale with the owner, since they most likely don't need it.
>>
File: 7.jpg (280KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
280KB, 1024x768px
>>1092953
>i could put a cabin right here but these saplings and 4 large trees are too much for me to handle. I'm not interested unless someone does all the work for me.
>>
>>1092946
Says fucking who?
>>
File: BanffForest.jpg (12KB, 276x183px) Image search: [Google]
BanffForest.jpg
12KB, 276x183px
>>1089775
I think it would be nice to buy some land with a river/lake for fishing in a very very rural area (Not cottage country) and a lot of forest for hunting, and spend vacations/summers there. But living there, nah gotta work bruv.
>>
>>1092961
My plot was part of a farm that went to auction after the owner died.
It was overgrown with pine trees after farming on it stopped 30 years ago.
Realtor logged the pines, made back his money, cut it into smaller parcels and made a few extra bucks.
You can only do a lien if you have vested interest in the property. But land is auctioned off everyday for taxes or because the owner passed away.
I have a "neighbor" who owns over 400 acres- none of his family is interested in it when he dies.

My property was in a dismal condition after it was logged. It took months to clean up the debris and smooth out the terrain.
That's the trade off.
Buy a nice looking piece of property that someone else had prepped-and pay for their work, or buy something that's rough, save money and do the work yourself.
>>
>>1092970
These auctions sound juicy, where do I find em?

I've been looking land around the eastern border of California to try my hand at building a house. My main worries is that the terrain is mountainous and potentially rural so it may not be plowed in winter, how do I get in and out in winter?
>>
>>1092968
We have a guy on here that has a cabin in Alaska.
He works out on ship for 6 months, then goes back to his cabin in Alaska.

Why does everyone think that the only thing that happens in rural america is farming?
Within a 35 minute drive I have a plant that builds lay-z-boy type furniture, a nuclear power plant, a metal shop that builds components for ingersol-rand, a plant that builds automotive parts for GM, a trane A/C manufacturer and god knows what else.
That's on top of the corn and cotton farms, as well as all the black Angus steer.
Oh ya, the logging on industry is huge also.
And yet I'm surrounded by forest and wildlife.
>>
>>1092961
It's not hard you can buy farmable land for a $300 an acre in every state just stay out of Manhattan and San Francisco.
>>
>>1092973
Snow chains on a 4 wheel drive.
Buy a ranger for $1,200.
Sierra Nevada, Cleveland forest, mt Laguna are going to be expensive as well as have issues with water.
I can't even imagine how expensive land in big bear with municipal water a supply access would be.
Those sites I listed have auction land also.
But you need cash.
Check local county office of where you're interested. Just call and ask, if its not the right department, they'll tell you who to call.
>>
>>1092536
Ah, ask me that in a year if it was still a good idea... she doesn't quite understand how many sneks are around in summer and its 'pretty fucking rural'. But we've got cool neighbours and my half of the family is still nearby to hang out with, babysitting and stuff.
>This transition is to be alleviated by the fact that she can have one (1) Cat, no more than one and under no circumstances two (2) at any one time! And it must be neutered

I think there's enough to keep me busy for 2 lifetimes, or I can ditch engineering and just start making a lot more money out of the farm than we currently do, plus had a few ideas for a solar panel array to stick on some otherwise mediocre land (chainsaw time) and make money pumping power back into the grid. Got the idea planned out, but just a case of finding the materials at the right price so that it'd pay for itself in a reasonable period of time. Or at the very least get us neutral on power bills in a much sooner time frame, with power costs going up here lately it might not be a completely shit idea.
The other half needs something to do, so she's coming up with ideas for small business, either remote business and corporate law advice or I can just give her a couple of acres to grow flowers/berries/grapes/vegetables or whatever on to market. Fully organic food sells at quite a premium and if there's one thing a beef and sheep farm has is a lot of shit for fertiliser, we're hardly ever affected by drought here. I know my sister would definitely get in on it as well.

At the moment- cautiously optimistic
>>
>>1092977
Thank you and all for the advice.
>>
File: g8sld5mk6cxx.jpg (64KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
g8sld5mk6cxx.jpg
64KB, 1000x750px
>>1092662
>a country that recently legalized beastiality.
Is this true? Fucking Canada has lost its plot. I wonder why.
>>
>>1092982

On the upside, snek jerky is pretty good, and you can make doodads with snekskin.
>>
>>1092985
We have three types- Tiger and Brown, both will kill you faster than a deacon in a whorehouse and the Red Bellied Black will fuck you up to the point you wish you where dead
I'm mostly respectful of them and won't kill one unless they have a go at me, have eaten snek a few times and can't say I'm a huge fan of it, can be a bit greasy.
>>
>>1092905
>being this delusional
Sorry to hear that your mom was a whore who left you in the trailer park while she junkied herself to death.
I'm nowhere near being a feminist by this board clearly has misogyny problems.
>>
>>1089775
because i am a social being myself and would go crazy in the middle of bumfuck nowhere
and even if i wasn't, i would never subject my wife or kids to forcing them to become "le society is ebil xdddd" hermits with me
tl;dr OP is tarded and a faggot
>>
>>1092984
Yes, but oral only, no penetration.
Seriously.

People talk mad shit about the USA, but ignore what's going on in Canada because they're a pseudo-country.
Trudeau just gave a Gitmo detainee $10,000,000.
People die while on the waiting list for surgery on their amazing "free" healthcare because there is no other option.
They cross the border to go grocery shopping in the U.S. because their markets are so expensive.
They have visa-less entry for Mexicans.
And Trudeau wants to legalize marijuana country wide.
>>
If it was simple and easy it wouldn't be worth doing
>>
>>1093010
Friends should be quality, not quantity.
Sure I miss sitting out front of a casino in Vegas, drinking a beer and watching tourists.
But look at the current state of the school system.

New York just rescinded the English proficiency requirement for teachers, because "they couldn't find enough qualified candidates".
Look at YouTube videos of literal chimpouts in classrooms- this happens daily. Passing notes was the most disruptive thing that happened in class during my high school years.
I'm willing to bet that you accept these as the norm.
Complacency is an evil word.
>>
>>1092616
I'm actually an electrician. I have that in the bag, never really did any plumbing but I've glued a shit ton of pvc together in my own trade.
>>
File: _20160727_161733 (1).jpg (811KB, 3946x1564px) Image search: [Google]
_20160727_161733 (1).jpg
811KB, 3946x1564px
>>1093021
I would guess that you would have zero issues doing it all yourself.
If you had the time you could do the framing yourself- the sheds are a necessary evil for some. Its instant but overpriced for what you get. I figure you could get 3x more "cabin" for the same cost if you did it all yourself- or the same thing for 1/3 the cost.
>>1092982
I'm working on a jacket myself.
I don't hunt, but I don't allow rattlesnakes to roam my property.
1) they eat a miniscule amount of vermin. One pair of rats will breed and create 15,000 offspring in a year, a single rattlesnake will be lucky to eat 50 of those. In comparison, a fox or coyote will eat more than that in a week. Plus, removing rattlesnakes increases the kingsnake population..
2) "but they rarely bite"- tell that to grandma when she steps on one walking out to her car because she didn't see it on the lawn with her failing eyesight.
3) " bites are rarely fatal"- but they almost always cause permanent disfigurement, from muscle loss to digit amputation. Tell your 9 finger daughter that rattlesnakes are necessary for the environment.

Pic related. .40 sub compact to the base of the skull as it was slithering away at 15 feet.
>>
>>1092842
Not him, but I get more than that and I'm dutch.
>>
>>1092982
I'm guessing aus/nz (leaning to nz).
Niche markets for cattle are nice (think Kobe beef) as well as exotic wools. Alpaca or the new colored sheep.
And markets are always changing.
Georgia (the state, not the country) was once renowned for peaches, now the largest cop is blueberrys.
And there's always micro brew/vineyards.
California has exploded in small winery's that produce exquisite wines in small volumes because they have the time for a single person to nurture a small scale crop.
>>
>>1093016
>Trudeau just gave a Gitmo detainee $10,000,000
Holy fuck this is true
jesus christ
>>
>>1093069
I don't want to go all /pol/ on you guys but... /pol/ is right about everything.
>>
>>1093090
Not to derail the thread but the more I read about this the more infuriated I get.
The guy was filmed making IEDs. He threw grenades that killed a US soldier.
He pled guilty. It's not a question whether he's a murderer or a terrorist.
Now he's a fucking multimillionaire while the family of SFC Speer has lost their son.
>>
>>1093097
I do honestly think a large portion of our people are insane now, particularly the upper classes.

I don't know much about that particular case but here in the UK I was born into a city that was 95% British, now it's only 60% British. It's causing issues...
>>
>>1093097
Its not about derailing, it's the truth about the current state of the world.

Which is why these threads are so important.
>>
>>1089964
>80-100% circumcision in south korea
???
>>
>>1093105
Hi shareblue.
Return to your containment board, your propaganda is not welcome here.
We have serious matters to discuss.
>>
>>1093107
I'm not shariablue, was just very surprised that south korea of all places is really into circumcision.
also /pol/ is a circlejerk
>>
>>1093107
>male mutilation is a leftist issue
Good goy
>>
>>1x093109
>comes into a thread about homesteading
>has to post about circumcision.
>not a Soros tool
Go away troll, 20 sheckels have been deposited into your account.
>>
>>1093112
Man, I wish I could get paid to shitpost. I hate having my dick cut as much as the rest of you
>>
>>1093113
>10- recover
>20- act like goyim
>30- collect sheckels
>40- rinse and repeat

Fuck off.
>>
>>1093116
>trying this hard
Not fooling anyone, shekelbergsteingold.
>>
>>1093113
So why did you find it necessary to post about circumsision in a thread that people were talking about water rights, logging and cabin building?
What does your penis have to do with any of that?
Was Korea mentioned somewhere?
Explain yourself,
>>
>>1093118
>10- recover
The post.
>>
>>1093118
>20- act like goyim
Holly fucking shit.
Mods ban this piece of garbage.
>>
>>1093125
fuck off, nazi.
>>
>>1093125
Nop, I have a perfect and intact benis. Thank dog.

also
>not following the believes of your pre middle eastern invasion people
>having a joooo god
lmao
>>
>>x1093126
Try again Soros antifa shariablue or whatever the fuck your paycheck says.
This thread was great until "current state of the world" hit your algorithm (literally the post above yours) then you showed up with religious/Zionist issues intended to cause partisanship.

I have an extra 4 acres on the backside of my creek that I'm not using because of geography (I'll post pics I took an hour ago of the 3 year old trees to any that are interested) and I welcome and challenge anyone to come out and make a life for them self.
>>
>>1093129
why are you putting an x in post numbers?
Also my paycheck says "professional street nigga"
>>
>>1093127
Why
Talk
About
Your
Penis
In
A
Homesteading
Thread?
>>
>>1093132
he's clearly an (((agitator)))
>>
>>1093135
so you're saying he's a double agent?
damn the JIDF is more advanced than I thought.
>>
>>1093134
why are you triggered about discussing a major part of masculinity? Are you just jealous or are you a religious zealot?
>>
>>109x3138
Why do you want to discuss your dick in a thread that has 200 posts about buying land?
>>
>>xxxxxx9
why are you doing this
>>
>>1093139
It's not about me, is about south korea.
>>
>>1093141
he doesn't want to give (you)s.
That and his austism is strong, probably something that has to do with his inbreeding.
>>
>>1093143
I know that much, but I wanted to hear the underlying reasoning behind it. I don't think it's that he's petty enough that he wants to deny me the "pleasure" of having my post number mentioned, I guessed it had some deeper reasoning. Like, for example, he thinks George Soros gives me a buck for every (you) I can stir up or something. Like it's a commission-based job lol
>>
>>1093143
They actually get payed by the (you)'s
Seriously they're basement dwellers stirring up shit online.
Their quality of posts is gauged ($) by their responses.
/pol/ has hacked emails proving this in case you missed it.
>>
File: lmao.png (14KB, 435x227px) Image search: [Google]
lmao.png
14KB, 435x227px
>>1093146
who is behind this post timing?
>>
>>1093146
>/pol/ has hacked emails proving this in case you missed it.
yeah that's because I don't go there. I have the same sympathy towards delusional, anime lover retards that I have towards people who are trying to ruin Europe, none.
>>
>>1093147
Ya I saw that too.
I don't remember seeing it in my last decade here, I hope it was a micro second choice between servers on different continents.
>>
>>1093147
servers can't handle all the lastest meme posting.
>>
>>1x093148
>anime lovers
Where the fuck do you think you are ??
>I don't go there
Name 3 threads you've been in today on this board.
>>
>>1093155
3 threads.
Still couldn't dot it.

Ignore the troll folks.
>>
>>1093155
what would stop him from going into the catalog and listing 3 threads?
>>
>>1093155
>Where the fuck do you think you are ??
On an /out/door related page and I'm part of the fappening wave so I don't care for this website culture.

Why do you care? Either way, this one, the patagonia one and hardest hike.
>>
>>1093159
Ten minutes later and he couldn't do it...
>>
>>1090541
>ptsd is a meme
tfw low iq
>>
File: IMG_20170902_164515792_HDR.jpg (4MB, 4320x2432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170902_164515792_HDR.jpg
4MB, 4320x2432px
Where's waldo v. 2.0
There's a 1966 F100, a 1985 full size bronco and a 1989 chevy c10 in this pic.
Taken in the back 4 acresof my property (haven't been there in awhile).
>>
>>1093184
Technically there's also a 1990 mustang, 1995 ranger and the cabin also....
>>
>>1093160
> Either way, this one, the patagonia one and hardest hike.
Non-native English speaker hired to cause dissent.

May I present to everyone share blue.
A Soros® conglomerate who's sole purpose is to disenfranchise whites and create a world on subservients that are on par with the book 1984.
>>
Buy land.
Learn what an "80% lower" is and build accordingly.
>do not go silently into that good night.
>>
>>1093030
Have these ones- >>1092992
Technically protected species here, but you can destroy them if they get too close to kids, pets, livestock etc so I don't think you can sell skins. Generally I advise to avoid snek-human interaction of any kind and just let them go on their way as its exponentially far more likely to end up badly for you. We've had a warm winter and a lot of them have figured its spring already and come out for a look, had to shoot a tiger snake a couple of weeks ago when I was doing some fencing and he wasn't going to piss off.
Majority of them hang around the river though away from the houses and sheds, if you clear away places like tree logs, sheet iron on the ground and places for them to hang out, they generally go bush. My sister's huge flock bantam chickens will drive them off, kind of funny watching 20-30 of the cranky little birds just lose their shit and beat on a snake like it owes them money

>>1093037
NZ doesn't actually have any native snakes, so if you're a snekaphobic and like hiking in mountains it's great
My little area of Australia has sort of exploded over the last few years with people doing value-added speciality crops and critters in what is a traditional grazing/dairy area, so we've got berry farms, orchards, milk goats, cheese makers and all that sort of stuff. Plus a couple of places just over the mountain from me host rural retreats for people looking to get away for a weekend, small cafes, B&B and other fancy boutique shit. My farms main speciality is large frame White Suffolk sheep for meat production and a Poll Hereford cattle stud, so moving back there full time means I could just spend a lot more time focusing on getting beef and lamb production increased parallel to the stud farming

Looked at Kobe a few times and know a few people that do it, it is an intensive farming practice that demands a lot of time, so doing the numbers it's not quite worth the time and investment- yet
>>
File: CowBlackAngus.jpg.cf.jpg (29KB, 550x338px) Image search: [Google]
CowBlackAngus.jpg.cf.jpg
29KB, 550x338px
>>1093240
Kobe beef is $79.99 per 8 oz.

Its about how they're bread, not what they're break from.

There's 50 black Angus steer across the Sreet.go ahead and say this doesn't look like a good dinner...
>>
>>1093248
Here at least we have Wagyu cattle from Japan in some numbers, so it is an authentic kobe beef and not just a heavily marbled Angus.
Generally they're raised for about 4-500 days after being weaned just on grain before being ready to slaughter, which contributes to the price increase. Just not ready invest in a feedlot + employees for a niche market just yet.
Angus also have some problematic genetics I'm not too fond of compared to larger breeds.

We do grass fed lean beef which has a very well established market here and overseas where people find it affordable, healthy and its an easy sell as an A-grade product in a world dominated by feed lots, diseases and use of excessive medical treatment on the animals. Plus our current focus is on producing cattle with good genetics, so we sell to Australian, Argentina, UK and a few other places that need their herds heath and diversity increased. When we look to increase the size of our herd and move into a parallel one for more numbers I'd probably consider another breed like Santa Gertrudis again, I had a fair bit to do with Angus when I was in high school doing agriculture there, so the less I have to do now with the cranky, bad tempered bastards, the happier I am! :)

That's just my situation, some people might look at getting their own small herd on a smaller amount of land and see a speciality breed like Wagyu as a perfectly viable option that can turn a good profit if marketed well. One area I will expand is the production of Mutton, aged and dried with a good butcher its making quite a come back for sales to restaurants as chef's appreciate the distinctive flavour. Sheep (and to some extent goats), are really good animals for small scale land owners- low maintenance, eat anything, can live nearly anywhere and very easy to physically manage, transport and slaughter.
>>
File: 2-3015454756.jpg (256KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
2-3015454756.jpg
256KB, 800x533px
Look at this fucker.

4 acres. Big farmhouse.
Apple trees. Brook at back of property.
Road frontage. Well. Utilities.

Upstate NY. 2 hours from NYC, 20 mins from Albany.

$49k with owner financing.

A young family could make a good life out there.
If I was American I'd certainly be interested.
>>
>>1093370
This guy's entire website seems like a scam desu. The house is probably falling apart.
>>
>>1093406
Falling apart is a better start than no cabin.
>>
>>1093451
Is it really? How much money would it cost to destroy everything, assuming the place has structural damage? The pics are making it look like it's in really rough shape.
>>
>>1093456
Gallon of gas and a match is pretty cheap.
>>
>>1089915

These people are clueless, dude.
>>
>>1092156
>Once I get out of the military
Same. Looking at moving to Alaska. ETS is 2021 but I might stay in for a bit longer. My current job gives me experience to get a decent job doing GIS for a state contractor.
Reasons for staying in are to get more job experience, and fiance wants to reclass to vet tech so she can get started on that when she gets out. I also feel the need to do a contract flying rotorwings to get some certs and not regret not doing it.
I want to just live on my own land finally..... at least I'll get a little pension from this new retirement plan they're doing.
>>
>>1091179

Keep it up, bra. Fit in some exercise. Maybe join the local rescue squad and become an EMT.
>>
>>1093370

That house is going to need to be torn down.
>>
>>1093566
>>1093456
Why would tearing it down be preferable to restoring?
You'll obviously be doing most of the work yourself.

$40k is way too much if the house isn't in decent shape.
>>
>>1092905
Hey I'm
>>1092715
just wanted to say thanks for sticking up for me on this Taiwanese noodle board. I typically ignore the haters, my life is going too well to be flustered by anonymous. It's good to know that there are good people even here.
>>
>>1093798
You can do your own painting and other more cosmetic updates, but that place needs more than that, I can almost guarantee it.

You need a licensed tradesman to be doing big rewiring, structural stability and other critical systems. Otherwise, you're just asking for problems.
>>
>>1094038
>you need a licensed tradesman....
No, you don't.
>>
How do you find out how much it would be to get utilities when looking at land to buy? I'm looking for stuff around Bozeman MT, good plots about 30 mins away, but no utilities.
>>
>>1094038
You need a tradesmen because of laws?
>>
>>1090845
you have whole world at your disposal yet you're unable to find what is right for you blaming world for it, what a loser
>>
File: happy camper.jpg (335KB, 667x1000px) Image search: [Google]
happy camper.jpg
335KB, 667x1000px
>>1091033
There's plenty of fit qts that love nothing more than going /out/
I'd bet your problem is that you're not attractiveto any of them because you prefer to sit on the internet complaining.
>>
>>1092542
Not him, but I did use to have a LADA, and it didn't come with just a 13mm spanner, there was also a 17mm spanner, a flathead screwdriver and a phillips head screwdriver in the toolbox that's fixed under the hood.
>>
>>1092597
I think circumcision is fucked, but your post made it sound like you already have autism tbrqh
>>
>>1093103
fuck off /pol/ scum, you're ruining the entire chan with your constant derailing
>>
>>1093109
They love everything American, so they embraced circumcision.
I wish I was joking.
>>
I would love to own a comfy cabin somewhere in the woods. I currently live in FL though, but I am leaving ASAP.
Fuck the wife, and the kids though. They're a pain in the ass and hold you the fuck back. I plan on being alone.
>>
>>1089861
I feel you anon, I don't want to live this city life. i grew up in the city, but I hate it.
>>
>>1089888
How much did that cabin cost you?
>>
>>1089927
>>1092763
Where are you from anon? That sounds wonderful, like somewhere I would truly like to be. I am going to work my fucking ass off so I can reach it.

A truly enjoyable life.

>>1092770
This is probably the path I will have to follow, along with learning as many trades/skills that I can.
Your friends are dicks.
>>
>>1091023
Is welding very difficult?
>>
>>1090845
>western females
>>1091008
>fat boring entitled whores
you could go asian, anon
but you're probably fat, boring and entitled yourself and don't deserve shit
>>
>>1091033
all the qt3.14 i meet want to fuck when they see my yellow campervan
>>
>>1089775
You forgot to add Brazil to the list.
There's a lot of fucking woods.
>>
>>1094293
Call utility company.
Seriously that easy.
They get those questions all day long, they can rattle off requirements in seconds instead of you just guessing from peoples posts online.
Montana has shit water laws. Water rights in the east are "riparian", as in- if the water is on my land, I can use it.
>"All water in Montana is owned by the State, subject to appropriation for beneficial uses by water right claimants. Water right holders do not own the water. They only own the right to USE the water.
Now typically you won't have an issue with drilling a well for a cabin, but do research before you get in financially. Because you don't own the water under your land.
>>1094569
I really want a lada now.
>>1094584
You gonna die
>>1094587
Cabin itself (empty shell) was like $8,500 iirc- at $250 a month, no interest.
WAY overpriced considering what it is. But it was delivered 3 days later for free and I was up and running. Working full time just to pay the new lifestyle it would be difficult to build one from scratch, even if you have the knowledge.
>>1094590
I'm originally from San Diego, California.
My best friend since high school died from cancer at 39 and it made me question what I was doing with lofe- so I went on a journey and wound up in rural Georgia. Bought the land on a whim and just rolled with it without having a single plan or any knowledge of what it took to make this happen.
>>1094597
Not the guy you asked, but I'm lead welder in my shop. I've taught people with zero experience and in a month they're making $25 an hour in an area where you can survive on minimum wage. I taught my friends 50 year old aunt and now she's making lawn art with my old mig welder.
>>
>>1094959
>You gonna die
How?

>Cabin itself (empty shell) was like $8,500 iirc- at $250 a month
That's not bad at all.

>My best friend since high school died from cancer at 39 and it made me question what I was doing with lofe- so I went on a journey and wound up in rural Georgia. Bought the land on a whim and just rolled with it without having a single plan or any knowledge of what it took to make this happen.
That's crazy, but very cool that everything went good for you. Do you recommend Georgia?

>Not the guy you asked, but I'm lead welder in my shop. I've taught people with zero experience and in a month they're making $25 an hour in an area where you can survive on minimum wage. I taught my friends 50 year old aunt and now she's making lawn art with my old mig welder.
$25 is fucking excellent, even here in Miami that's hard to earn. I would definitely consider welding, I am even down to study it at a technical school.
>>
>>1095492
I was saying the other guy is gonna die because he's in the path of the strongest Atlantic hurricane ever recorded.

Georgia is interesting.
Atlanta is ground zero for hip hop. I've gotten off the largest freeway in south Atlanta and the 7-11 has bullet proof glass protecting the cashier. I expect that in some hidden corner neighborhood of every major city, but not off a major thoroughfare. I was the only white person I saw.
And yet the town I moved to still has KKK picnics, in full regalia, on weekend afternoons in the middle of town.

I'm from the desert- a friend had some property outside of las Vegas. Well company said they would have to drill about 2,500 feet to even have a chance of hitting water (no guarantees)- so that's a $40,000 bill for a dry well.
Where I'm at now you can throw a baseball blindfolded and where ever it lands you can drill and hit water within 100 feet.
Land is worthless unless you have water- so Georgia has that going for it.
10% of the Georgia population has conceal carry permits.
There's this thing some refer to as the "gnat line", learn where it is. South of it is brutal with these damn sand gnats- but hummingbirds will eat their weight in them daily. So put out feeders and buy a 10 pound bag of sugar, theyll breed and become a colony of mighty hunters, and come back every year.
Welding is toxic, but also takes a lot out of you during the day.
We've had days with a heat index of 112° and I'm leaning over steel that's 2,500 degrees when I'm welding. And if you're making money, its not from making keychains- you'll be lifting and dealing with massive pieces of metal. It can be great in a custom fab shop, but production is a bitch.
>>
>>1095527
>I was saying the other guy is gonna die because he's in the path of the strongest Atlantic hurricane ever recorded.
I am that guy anon, currently in Miami, FL. Not worried at all, we'll probably be fine.

>Atlanta is ground zero for hip hop
Hell yea man, I follow that whole seen. Huge fan of trap music, and artists like Gucci Mane.

>Land is worthless unless you have water
That's definitely very important. Whenever I buy land it must have water, and maybe a stream or something.

>There's this thing some refer to as the "gnat line", learn where it is
Thanks, I'll do some research. I think there's gnats in FL, and I agree that they're a big pain.

>Welding is toxic, but also takes a lot out of you during the day.
>We've had days with a heat index of 112° and I'm leaning over steel that's 2,500 degrees when I'm welding.

I think I'll be good with the manual labor man, I am not exactly used to it, but I am not scared at all.
Do you live towards northern GA? That area seems nice, especially close to where the Appalachian trail is.
Thread posts: 343
Thread images: 58

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.