[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fishing Beginner

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (117KB, 639x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
117KB, 639x960px
Hey, /out/. So I want to get into fishing, always lived in the city but recently moved to the country and there are a few nice spots where some fishing could be done. What's a good gear choice for someone who is a total newbie beginner about fishing? Don't want to spend much money on gear I know I won't know how to use and also don't want to buy unnecessary shit.
>>
My grandfather used eagle claw hooks, my dad then used my grandfather's hooks, and now I use those same hooks. Keep em sharp and they'll last you a lifetime. Also you don't need that much gear, hooks, weights, line, and fishing pole is all you really need. Bobber if you're lazy and bait if you're in an area where bait can't be found easily. I prefer live bait but it's your personal preference tho.
>>
A cheap ugly stik rod + reel can be had for $20 to get you started. Get something medium or light action, around 6'-6'6".
Hook, bobber and worms (nightcrawlers) are ubiquitous. Artificial lures are more difficult, less of a pain in the ass, but generally produce less fish than live bait.
>>
>>1079951
See >>1078462

Not just the thread, but in the Pastebin there is a lil beginner's guide for pond and lake fishing. Pretty close to what this anon said >>1079968

And the Imgur has all sorts of random infographics.

>>1079959
>Eagle Claw
They're cheap at least.
>>
File: p0.jpg (94KB, 800x620px) Image search: [Google]
p0.jpg
94KB, 800x620px
>>1079951
go and buy a basic set up. walmart has 50 of them to choose from.
>>
Where did you move to?
>>
>>1079959
>>1079968
>>1079978
Thanks!
>>
Go to Wal-Mart and get a cheap Zebco 202 or 33 combo and one of their shit packs of panfish tackle. Works well enough and it's cheap. I used to fish with rooster tails in the creek growing up. Worms and a bobber are always a favorite as well.
>>
File: uglystik.jpg (54KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
uglystik.jpg
54KB, 1024x768px
>>1082897
>get a cheap Zebco 202 or 33 combo
This. I have the Shakespear Ugly Stik combo. The only cost about $50 and don't forget to get some fishing line. Most sporting stores will put the line on the reel at no charge. They are so cheap but actually a good rod and reel and I keep one in my truck.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.