[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

another idiot who should have stayed inside

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 9

The husband of a Texas doctor said Thursday that she died at the bottom of the Grand Canyon after she ran out of water and grew dizzy from heat exhaustion on a hike with their daughter and a nephew.

Scott Beadle said in a Facebook post that Dr. Sarah Beadle, 38, died Wednesday afternoon while hiking with the two school-aged children who were later found safe. He said authorities contacted him early Thursday to report the discovery of the body in an area of 100-degree heat and no drinking water.

The body was discovered on the north side of the Colorado River, about three-quarters of a mile (1.2 kilometers) from the Phantom Ranch lodge at the bottom of the canyon, said park spokeswoman Emily Davis. The cause of death was not immediately known but there was no indication of foul play, she added.

Sarah Beadle, of Fort Worth, was reported missing on Tuesday after she hiked into the canyon along South Kaibab Trail with the two children, ages 10 and 11.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/body-found-grand-canyon-believed-texas-woman-152323501.html

she must have been a pretty terrible doctor if she was ignorant enough to not pack ample water to avoid dehydration and heat stroke
>>
File: Dogger_Cry_Smile.jpg (48KB, 705x491px) Image search: [Google]
Dogger_Cry_Smile.jpg
48KB, 705x491px
Easy to say she was stupid, but she probably didn't even realize the possible danger.

Also, she got dehydrated before the children, which suggests there was another health problem, could be diabetes, could be a stiff drink the night before, could be a particularly spicy food a few days before.

I personally read those tales and am sad.
>>
>she ran out of water
>The body was discovered on the north side of the Colorado River

What?!?!?!?!?
Sure you might get sick from drinking the water, but it is better than dying from dehydration and will buy you enough time to get help.
>>
>>1073968
>medical doctor
>from one of the most hot and humid places in the continental US
>"probably didn't realize the possible danger [of dehydration]"
If she didn't then she 900000% deserved to die and it's a shame her kids didn't die too so they couldn't spread the COMPLETE AND TOTAL LACK OF THE ABILITY TO APPLY KNOWLEDGE

>>1074111
Worst part is she was a medical doctor too.
>>
>>1074119
armchair edgelord masterwizard detected
>>
>>1074135
but he's right you know
>>
>>1073968
I read this between the lines:
>fat
>too much excertion
>stroke
>>
>>1074140
Thats what i was going for
>>
>>1074119
>woman
as a person in doctor school at the moment most woman doctors are only in it for the instagram likes and attention and don't seem to really give a shit about actually knowing about the human body or how it operates.

They seem to really only turn on their brains when it comes close to exam time. None of the above applies to asian women, as a side note.
>>
>>1075238
Oh, or money. A lot of them are doing it for the money.
>>
>>1075238
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>1075306
Jokes on you, I'm married

Being aware of how women think is actually essential for a healthy marriage, who would have thought
>>
>>1075238
>doctor school
Oh really? They don't call it "med school" anymore?

Disregard this shitpost outside of North America
>>
>>1075413
You actually think you got me because I don't know that it's called med school? Even random people off the street call it that.

It's actually another kind of professional doctorate (there are several different kinds, who knew!) but the culture is pretty similar. We take classes with and interact with the med students on the regular.
>>
File: interdasting.jpg (9KB, 222x260px) Image search: [Google]
interdasting.jpg
9KB, 222x260px
>>1075420
So you're studying in a master's program. Or a PhD candidate? But not med school. Got it.
>doctor school
Tee hee
>>
>>1075469
>DMD/DDS
>PsyD
>PharmD
>OD
Try to avoid having opinions on things you know next to nothing about, it makes you look like a retard
>>
>>1075367
you sound like a guy whose wife cheats on him.
>>
>>1075737
>tfw you get caught with ur pants down as a complete know-nothing moron so u just start hurling insults
>>
File: because-potato-that-s-why.png (10KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
because-potato-that-s-why.png
10KB, 600x700px
>>1075654
>Doctor school.
I'm sure you're a very intelligent person, it's just that calling it doctor school makes you sound like a very intelligent third grader.

Later, doc.
>>
>>1075654
pharmacist here
pharmD is undergraduate where i'm from
you get your "doctorate" then you go to your masters lol
>>
>>1076222
And the Juris Doctor program is 3 years out of undergrad and is basically a masters' degree but treated in every respect like a Ph.D.
>>
>>1075882
I was an observer m8, that was my first post in this thread.
>>
File: DD147J3XsAAU8UR.jpg (72KB, 1024x750px) Image search: [Google]
DD147J3XsAAU8UR.jpg
72KB, 1024x750px
>>1076099
>everyone has to use the best possible grammar here on my 4chan!!
>>
>>1076222
I dunno about you particular meme program but Optometry, psychology, and dentistry programs are definitely not treated like an undergrad degree lol
>>
>>1073957
She was near the river. And didn't try to cool off in the water? As someone who's suffered heat stroke twice in their lifetime. I can tell ya you literally feel like your dying and you can feel your brain cells boiling off.. This is why you don't hike in 80% humidity in 96 degree weather... Your body's cooling system shuts down. Just wait...
>>
File: warning-1fye31t.jpg (190KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
warning-1fye31t.jpg
190KB, 500x375px
Dumb cunt went past dozens of warning signs and didn't read a single one. Never trust a female doctor, lawyer, outfitter, spouse, parent, boss or gf or any other female. I'm sure her ex is getting a good chuckle at the bullet he dodged.
>>
>>1075737

Lol Jesus Christ the irony... not even him but... YOU'RE the one who sounds like their wife cheats on him. Not that anon.

You pussy pedestal placing bitch lol
>>
>>1073957
>she ran out of water and grew dizzy from heat exhaustion on a hike
I have zero problem believing this. It happened to me when I was in the Canyon. My father noticed, pulled me into shade, sat me down and handed me oranges and water until I came to my senses. Second scariest thing to happen to me 35+ years of hiking.

Grand Canyon is treacherous because it's down, then up. Down is easy, up requires more strength. And there's so many stretches without shade.
>>
>>1074137
Steve Erwin dies from handling an animal
>HE'S OUR HERO!
Woman dies of dehydration.
>OMG WEAKER SEX STUPID BITCH

...what's the word I'm looking for? biased? bigoted? forever alone?
>>
>>1076389

That woman was a stupid useless bitch who didn't provide anything unique to the world, except a good showing of lack of medical knowledge.

As an EMT I know damn well what dehydration is, how to stop it, and prepare for it.

Steve Irwin on the other hand was a great man who provided us with hundreds if not thousands of hours of entertainment and knowledge world wide.

He died doing his job, doing what he did best.

This woman was a Dr who fell to dehydration, shit that people who aren't even in medical fields prevent every day.

I'd think that the difference would be clear for anyone with half a brain... But then I remembered that /out/ is the second most redditor filler board so you're either a woman with naturally low logical abilities, or a numale, with low testosterone, high estrogen, and thus retarded underdeveloped logical abilities.

Fuck off roastie.
>>
>>1076389

>forever alone

Funny... that meme got started by nice guys who couldn't get a girl actually

All the Chads on the other hand treat women like shit.
>>
>>1076381
I'm not married silly billy. Question, does your wife go to spin class three times a week, and come home frequently smelling like dick?
>>
File: astronaut.jpg (234KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
astronaut.jpg
234KB, 640x1136px
>>1073957
I've done the south kebab trail down to the phantom ranch in summer and took 4 liters of water, interestingly with my texas physician wife. this chick was an idiot. the trail is very obvious for the entire way; you can get lost if you go off the trail, but there is no hope of finding a water source.
I wish no death upon anyone, but she was straight up retarded
>>
>>1075238
this. waifu and all her coworkers are asian female doctors. most couldn't tie their shoes if they had a gun to their head. functionally retarded and only went to med school to make daddy proud and take advantage of affirmative action. I see this shit every time I have to hang out with her coworkers. horrible people
>>
>>1076385
I found that the ascent was easier because the descent pounds your knees so hard. Same with climbing
>>
>>1073968
>"Yeah I workout and I'm fit. I'm a full time mom!"
>>
>>1076405
Sounds like you're the one who needs to visit /r9k/ here.
>>
>>1074111
>Sure you might get sick from drinking the water,
Most people are unaware that Giardia, however it's spelled, doesn't show symptoms until as much as 2 weeks later. By that time you just go to the ER and take a pill.
>>
I'm going to guess she had exposed skin, wasn't wearing a big-ass hat with a bandanna, and didn't bring a water filter.
>>
>>1076422
>g-go back to /r9k/!

I'm sorry I hit a sore subject anon. I'm sure your wife is completely *snicker* faithful
>>
>>1076389
>Steve Erwin dies from shit going pear-shaped in a known dangerous profession while doing nothing actually wrong
Meanwhile
>this MEDICAL FUCKING DOCTOR from a typically much hotter and more humid area
>ignores the actual, posted warning signs
>ignores an assload of experience in even worse weather
>didn't take the proper amount of water that she had literally no excuse not to know what it was because she was a MEDICAL FUCKING DOCTOR
>died at the BOTTOM, as in the non-strenuous part
>died within 100 feet of a water source and within 10 feet of shade, neither of which she even attempted to utilize despite her MEDICAL DOCTOR knowledge that should have told her to do so
There is literally no other explanation besides "dumb bitch deserved it"

And yes, I'd be saying the exact same fucking thing if a male doctor died that way.
>>
File: bean.png (203KB, 600x453px) Image search: [Google]
bean.png
203KB, 600x453px
"Mommy didn't love me. I hate women." The Thread.

Getting dizzy by heat happens fast, doesn't matter if you went to "doctor school" (kek) or not, the slightest mistake ...

Doesn't matter if you are female or male either, it just happens.
>>
>>1076499
>, it just happens.

Show us your meatbags, whore
>>
>>1075737
id argue the opposite, understanding womans nature = better relationship
>>
>>1073957

I've seen people do this all the time. They down a steep hike fairly easily, dick around at the bottom, and then realize it'll take 2-3 times as long to get back up and they've brought much less water then they realized they needed.

I worked at a park where this happened regularly adn we had to constantly rescue dads who went down the bluff with a can of coke on a July day only to find out that 20 minutes down equals an hour coming up. You throw age and poor health into the mix and people can easily die.

Poor lady, poor inexperienced foolish lady.
>>
>>1076504
I bet you pick up mad chicks brah.
>>
>>1076635
Women are foul creatures, which you will learn when you grow up
>>
>>1076385
>Second scariest thing to happen to me 35+ years of hiking

You know damn well I'm going to ask for #1
>>
>>1076782
Mother didn't like to give him breastmilk. So father did.
>>
>>1073957
>38 year old doctor dies from hiking
That actually worries me. I'm a 38 year old overweight male that smokes a pack a day.
Can't imagine dieing like that though. I've been /out/ my whole life though. And I always make sure to have water.
>>
>>1076886
Ad hom ad hom, back to pol faggot
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.