[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opening the debate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

File: EnoughIsEnough2.jpg (23KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
EnoughIsEnough2.jpg
23KB, 500x500px
Seriously what do we want /out/ to be or to go? If you take a couple seconds and look at the catalog you'll see 5+ knife threads, a handful McCandless ones, a big amount of random gear, the usual fishing general, and a couple more actual /out/ stuff.

I mean I know it's summer and a decent number of new people get their feet for the first time into the hobby but c'mon. This thread will contribute nothing and it's just as pointless but maybe some good can come up after the discussion, maybe an update of the sticky to begin with it.
>>
>>1069040
I guess it's about general outdoorsy stuff. It's the Internet dude, none of us really do this shit instinctively.
>>
I want the MGTOW faggots to an hero desu
>>
File: The Hydranus.png (31KB, 1279x833px) Image search: [Google]
The Hydranus.png
31KB, 1279x833px
>>1069040
If you hide (or better yet, filter) the knife threads and other general bullshittery, this board actually isn't too bad.

Unfortunately as this board has grown, the legitimate technical discussions have dwindled, the quality posters of old now lurkmoar instead of actively creating content.

>>1069054
>general outdoorsy stuff
It's not even that now, it a few specific outdoorsy stuff (Hiking, backpacking, bushcraft). Anything else is virtually nonexistant.

I mean I understand this is still 4chins, and I know the type of people that are attracted to a site like this...
>>
Oh look its another stop liking what I dont like meta thread
>>
I sure hope this is not a plea for mods to come in and start deleting shit.
Remember what happened to /ck/. Vegan mods took over and now the place completely sucks.
Dont ruin the wild west that is /out/.
If you dont like a thread, just hide it.
I dont understand why people dont do this.b
>>
/out/ is fine.

The quality content drivers spend their time actually outside.
>>
File: unsafe area.png (85KB, 270x187px) Image search: [Google]
unsafe area.png
85KB, 270x187px
>>1069040
>grows you
>mfw
what illiterate faggot though they were being profound when they wrote this garbage?
>>
>>1069040
I'd say the only thing that really bothers me is when people post individual threads about knives or backpacks or whatever when they could be posting in /gear/. Other than that, breddy good board. I like it.
>>
>>1069040
That pic is pure millennial cancer. Selfish, narcissistic, sociopath, solipsistic fucks.
>>
>>1069040
>Opening the debate.
>Seriously what do we want /out/ to be or to go?
I want people like you to stop posting on /out/.
>>
>>1069381
Actually taking that advice is a sure way to end up alone, fast. Of course in context they probably just mean unfriend on Facebook anyone who calls you a whore for having two abortions in as many years or whatever these white trash normies who repost this garbage do.
>>
I want everyone to post whatever they want.
I only want people to never summon the mods. We dont need them
>>
>>1069381
>>1069434
t. abused redditors with stockholm syndrome
>>
>>1069515
Walk me through this
>>
>>1069040
I'm tired of seeing retard McCandless everytime I visit this board. It ruins the outdoors vibe. MODS please ban them reeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
File: frugal man.png (390KB, 584x532px) Image search: [Google]
frugal man.png
390KB, 584x532px
Knifes and gear are easy things to talk about online. As-well-as the fact that most people who genuinly go out don't spend much time online.

A lot of people think that, ' Yes! once this knife arrives in the post I'll go on a big adventure'.

But then 'oh weather doesn't look great', 'oh I'm not feeling like it', 'oh look its is winter already.'.
>>
>>1069040
Gear should constitute 2% of all chat. Not more
>>
>>1069040
Enough meta threads
We've already established this
>>
File: 9iron.jpg (165KB, 480x638px) Image search: [Google]
9iron.jpg
165KB, 480x638px
>>1069381
yeah I'm with you. This bullshit says it's ok to walk out on woman who had your kid, it's ok to walk out on a lease agreement, it's ok to walk away from ailing an ailing parent.

You don't need to make it a generational thing tho. Everyone seems to be doing it these days. Internet has made people more self centered than ever.
>>
>>1069240
This. I haven't been on this shit in a month. It'll get better in the winter when more of us are trapped inside.
>>
>>1069040
Every year some new user comes to /out/ and makes the same meta thread trying to make /out/ belong to them

Pro tip; if you don't like it >>>/out/
>>
>>1069040
>5+ knife threads
Your attitude is shit. I came specifically because I thought I'd find a knife general. Would probably be better doing to /k/ except I'm not planning on killing anyone with it. I wanted advice on a knife as a TOOL not as a WEAPON. Fuck you blueboards are spoiled as fuck and still it's nothing but a constant circlejerk of tripfags.
>>
File: your_fuk'd.jpg (129KB, 959x538px) Image search: [Google]
your_fuk'd.jpg
129KB, 959x538px
>>1069469
MODS!
>>
>>1071656
pls dont do that
>>
>>1071706
Yes, sir. I was just jesting. Sorry, sir.
While I respect this board, the current trend of
bitching makes me mad. It seems none of you
know the current state of other boards. You're quite sheltered. /b/ as always is a mess but is a regurgitation within a regurgitation. You may see this as normal and it is if you're a newfag. Boards like /g/ are in complete disarray with corporate advertising running rampant. You think /out/ is being taken over? You have no idea what that means, friend.
>>
>>1069040
less buyfags and preppers and more out
>>
>>1069329
it isn't that the writer is profound. its that the majority of society is stupid enough to consider it so.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.