[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

two story bunker

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: lolpaint.png (19KB, 542x673px) Image search: [Google]
lolpaint.png
19KB, 542x673px
Is it possible to make a bunker two stories deep without risking too much?
I'll be building a greenhouse (about 33x16 ft / 10x5m) and I want to have at least one room under it, like a wine cellar.
Could I just dig deeper before constructing the whole thing and make a second room directly under the wine cellar, both having about the same size as the greenhouse?
I know there's quite a lot of people here that have experience with building such things so I'd like to hear about any problems I might face in general as well.
>>
>>1064925
>>>/diy/
>>
>>1064925
Steel shipping containers buried two stories deep should work perfect. You should try it
>>
>>1065258
you just need crabmeat to go with it.
>>
>>1064925

Talk to a civil engineer. This isn't a big deal but at the depth you're talking, a mini excavator won't reach so it gets more expensive. Site prep is always the key, especially water and drainage. Why two floors underground? Why not just make the greenhouse bigger?

A lot of homegrowmen look at this for growing mushrooms and storing roots and winter squash. Remember that's a lot of weight on each floor, so you need to not half ass it.

>>1065258

This asshole knows full well: shipping containers can't bear weight that way. You'll watch the whole thing collapse hilariously if you try. Several people on /k/ learned this the hard way.

Also, in case you're thinking about it... second hidden basement for growlights and marijuana isn't going to work. People have been doing this for years and the DEA long since figured it out. Sorry. You wouldn't even be the first on this board to ask.
>>
>>1064925
The biggest issue is going to be the water table, with the second biggest being regular drainage.

If the water table is deep enough, no reason you couldn't do it, but you're gonna absolutely have to have a properly constructed drainage system and possibly a powered sump pump.
>>
>>1064925
Shipping containers will work if you reinforce the structure with exterior concrete walls and rebar, or you can build the whole thing with cinder blocks which also need to be reinforced internally with concrete and rebar. With that in mind, shipping containers make for easier ceiling/floor construction than poured concrete flooring, but doesn't insulate against sound well. If you're building this to protect from radioactive fallout, you'll need a concrete ceiling above the topmost layer anyway. You'd also have to account for a recirculation system for both air and water, and chances are, you can't afford that, so if that's your reasoning, I've tried and trust me, you're better off just buying a shit-ton of opium for when the world ends.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.