[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alone TV Show

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 282
Thread images: 36

Third episode is out,
Get in here.
>>
http://www.tvmuse.com/tv-shows/Alone_39726/season_4/episode_3/

Links in the comments, better get an adblock.
>>
>>1049143
is the new season better than the last one? i marathoned through the first 3 seasons last week. they've all been downhill since the first.

>:( i dont have any sunlight at my camp, better have a good cry
>i miss my family even though i knew what the show was before signing up, better have a good cry
>why am i even doing this??? 500k is not enough of a reason to keep playing, better have a good cry before i quit
>i didnt even come out here for the money lolol i just needed to prove to myself that i am stronk womanz!
>>
>>1049186
i liked the guy in the 2nd season who quit because he was having fun and thought that was selfish lmao
>>
>Alone
>having partners
yeah don't mind me I'm just sageing this shit
>>
>I haven't been able to start a fire in 4 days, but I just KNOW we would have won if my brother didn't hurt himself
lol sure
>>
>3 out of 7 teams are already out by day 5
Total disaster, Jesus.

I liked that spooky bear moment with Dave, but damn, that's some blueballing.

And that guy in the ending who lost an axe...
HOW T HE FUCK YOU LOSE AN AXE? Forget to take it with yourself, okay, you may go back and get it, but LOSING AN BIG ASS AXE?
>>
>>1049186
Apparently audience loves drama and stupid people.
>>
>>1049186
watching 3rd season now...

>guy knows hes losing a shit ton of weight and starving himself
>also aware that the show has a medical team that will make u quit if necessary
>keeps hoarding fish even though hes starving and tells the camera that hes starving on a daily basis
>has to quit, wasting like 30 whole fish

do they intentionally find retarded people to be on this show for ratings?
>>
>>1049263
>find 10 actually competent people
>show goes on for whole year with not much drama
>views plummet because it turns out to be borefest with people just fishing and doing stuff average Americlap doesn't give a shit about
>>
>>1049291
>10 guys fishing and camping and trapping squirrels for 300 days.
>>
>be hardcore muh army dude
>go to be on alone with your son
>hiking through the forest to get to him
>all he's doing is supposed to be setting up camp
>it's "harder than he though" and he decides to quit within 1 or 2 days

how pissed would you be if your pussy ass son "couldn't handle" being in the wilderness for 1 day despite having nothing wrong with him?
>>
I don't care what anyone says I'm glad they changed it to two people. It's just funny as hell when some guy walks through forest looking for their partner when they hear a helicopter land and people get out
"hey guys what's up?
"Your partner quit".
"Is he ok???"
"Yeah, he just pussed out".
>>
>>1049418
If I were there I would fucking overfish the goddamn place by setting up hooks in deep water everywhere with floating pieces of bark or something (not English here, how would you call the floating thingy?).
>>
>>1049452
A cork or bobber
>>
>>1049452
Why do you want to holicaust the fish?
>>
>>1049462
Thanks mate!

>>1049463
Man gotta eat and it's quite a problem to run after boars or whatever there is, trapping fish is easy.
>>
>>1049263
Yes.

It's sensationalistic bullshit the same as Doomsday Preppers, Pawn Stars, etc. They pay the ""contestants"" to ham it up on camera.

In fact I distinctly recall one person from Doomsday Preppers going to the (rest of the) media when the producers offered her $100,000 to kill her dog for no reason.
>>
>>1049474
Are you the same person since the show has been on "it's fake" "the girls where given favoritism for camp selection" "the girl on facebook accidentally said she won". You need to step up your game.
>>
>>1049659
> t. paranoid delusions
>>
>>1049239
>Apparently audience loves drama and stupid people.
i can't understand why. show had some potential but it really seems to be steered that way aggressively. only serious fuckups with mental issues are selected.

and that is the reason it's unwatchable.
>>
>>1049659
>the girls where given favoritism for camp selection
That is obviously true.
>>
>>1049474
>producers offered her $100,000 to kill her dog for no reason.
For what purpose?
>>
>>1049834
It probably barked a lot or chewed up something expensive or had reallybad gas or something.
>>
>>1049430
>>1049446
That shit was so painful to watch, if the son didn't get beaten once he got home then there is something wrong with the father.
>>
I really like the new format. Another one bit the dust because the idiot didn't watch where he was going. "AAAAAAAHHHHH muh spine!! muh spine!!"
>>
>>1050224
To be fair, I don't think this one wussed out.

He seemed to know how to suffer, and the terrain there is treacherous as fuck.
>>
>>1049844
Couldn't they just sue the owner?
>>
>>1049834
To get something controversial and sensationalistic on the show during an otherwise boring episode to boost ratings?
>>
>>1049659
I'm the one saying the ONE girl from season 2 that got the campsite with the pre-built fish trap (that still hurt herself and quit on day 7) got preferential treatment. The rest has to be different people.
>>
>>1050474
Yeah, that's obvious, but how would they justify it to the viewers?
>>
>>1050484
"crazy prepper did something crazy"

Same way they justify all the other retarded bullshit the people on the show do.
>>
>>1050476
if they did not lie about the sclerosis multiplex she was severely handicapped and it's alright she got the easy spot. survival is tough even for healthy people.
when she let that fish go instead of smoking it and building a reserve for later on i was so enraged by the sheer hippie stupidity i almost smashed my tv to bits.
she was stupid and did not take it seriously. i kinda hoped she died.
>>
>>1050010
Yeah, it's funny his dad was just like "yeah it's alright it happens whatever"

I hope that kid feels like a huge pussy for the rest of his life
>>
>>1050484
You do realize you are replying to a troll right?
>>
>>1049143
Naked and afraid is so much better
>>
It looks like most of the accidents happened because the idiots couldn't walk and film themselves at the same time.
>>
>>1050667
>i like my women naked and afraid
creepy
>>
i dont watch, what happened
kid bitched and whined to be taken home?
that's bullshit
I always bitched when I was a kid but I never actually bitched to go home
>>
File: 13835140701251.jpg (74KB, 632x601px) Image search: [Google]
13835140701251.jpg
74KB, 632x601px
What the fuck is wrong with americans? Unless my life was in real and immediate danger, I wouldn't tap this early, even if I knew I wouldn't be able to handle it. I would force myself to stay as long as physically possible out of respect for the fact that I basically won the lottery to get this once-in-a-lifetime chance and also because I don't want to be that faggot who tapped on day 1
>>
>>1050772
being cold and miserable does wonders to erode your resolve. especially when it's so easy to make it all stop and go back to your comfy couch. easier to go on when all you can do is go on or die.
>>
>>1050772
You're not a normie

Being alone to you is normal
>>
>>1050753
WTF ??
>>
>>1050774

$500k is a pretty big motivator, ti would get me to at least day 4 even if i had barely slept and eaten nothing
>>
>>1050788
The thing is, in a way you don't even realize what you're doing, because you are not in a rational frame of mind.

Once the desire to return to known safety gets hold in your mind, it overrides your goal.

You will no longer want the money. You will only want to get out.

The thought of what you're giving up to just make everything safe and better never occours to you, because safety is now your objective.

This is some type of fear mechanism at work. It's happened to me before.
But with enough experience, it goes away.
Everyone that tapped out has revealed they have little to no practical experience.
>>
>>1049238
Sometimes you see Isis militants driving a humvee and I think it must be some faggit lost their big ass humvee so I think it's reasonable to lose an axe
>>
>>1050476
>with the pre-built fish trap
When and who was this and be specific.
>even though I seem to be the only one who knows you're trolling.
>>
>watch latest episode
>multiple instances of batonny chop chop

REEEE
>>
>>1050827
Mary Kate Green. The one who axe'd her hand and got evac'd after 7 days.

You can see the fish trap a couple times in episode one as she was hiking in and can see it briefly to the right of the camera in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_41mG-Mops starting at the 0:26 mark, then again at the 1:50 mark just right of center screen off the bow of the boat.

And then again at 2:30 you can see a floating net in the water as the boat drives off.
>>
>>1050865
Looks like bull kelp that the others were seen eating. If not then a gill net which was one of her 10 items. I live in Alaska and we have a lot of the same things they do up here and it looks like kelp.
>>
>>1050872
I had forgotten she'd taken a net, but I really doubt that massive net at 2:30 was hers considering the sheer volume of just the floats. Thing's like a 15 foot diameter circle. Still, possible.

I'm trying to find better angles on the fish trap. I watched the episode with a bunch of other people and when it first appeared we all looked at each other and went "are you fucking serious? That's a fish trap already in place".
>>
>>1050865
you forget it's a highly residential area might not even be her fish trap but some locals. these people camped in backyards almost. hence why they were not allowed to cut down half the forest for a log house.
>>
>>1051053
That doesn't matter, considering she was placed there and the area was pre-scouted by the production team. They knew it was there and knew she would use it regardless of who built or technically owned it, and as such it was willful preferential treatment.
>>
>>1051053
>THIS SHOW IS ABOUT BUSHCRAFT AND WILDERNESS SURVIVAL
>but we stuck contestants literally in peoples' back yards
That's even worse
>>
>>1050010
>I'm just so excited to be here with my son and see him become a man
Less than 24h in
>I'm fine dad, this was just kinda hard so I gave up immediately
Heartbreak
>>
>>1051169
>They knew it was there and knew she would use
at which point the owner of the net threw her sorry ass out or shot her. sure buddy you can just steal other peoples fish.
>>
>>1051184
well the locals probably made fun of them a lot it's just no included in the footage. i bet the guy that started to build a log cabin got told off after the 4th hour of felling trees that he can stop or get kicked around.
>>
>>1051053
This has to be the most retarded troll to date. Anyone can google north Vancouver island and look at the park they are left at and look for houses. And what idiot is going to believe someone is going to burn all of their calories building log cabins. Step up your game man. This is getting sad.

>girl said on twitter she won before show ended, it's fake
>fish traps left on beach, it's fake
>in peoples back yard, it's fake
>next you'll do the "loggers give them sandwiches, it's fake"
>>
>>1051294
>Anyone can google north Vancouver island and look at the park they are left at and look for houses.
exactly and there are there in 50m some of the campsite literally.
>>
>>1051306
>exactly and there are there in 50m some of the campsite literally.
Awesome, now we go from literally in someones house sleeping in their beds to "a campsite". Show me exactly where they stayed and the campsite near them. I'll wait.
>actually I won't wait because it won't happen.

This doesn't even qualify as /b/ tier trolling it's so bad.
>>
>>1051294
I bet you think professional TV wresting is 100% real and unscripted too.
>>
>>1051321
Awesome come back. Still waiting on the pics of the fish trap and houses they were staying at. You're just not a good troll. You have to be subtle. A good troll makes me think "that can't be true" then I google it. When you post I just think 12 YO.
>>
>>1051312
>now we go from literally in someones house sleeping in their beds to "a campsite"
this faggot is trying hard. show me where you got that fagget!

someone posted a google maps image x months ago about this backyard crap. any anon saved it?
>>
>>1051327
>houses they were staying at
you show me where did you get this nobody posted that you made it up.
>>
File: 5635846755_4c3f2a8aea.jpg (127KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
5635846755_4c3f2a8aea.jpg
127KB, 400x500px
>>1051343
>>1051345
Summer is fun for hiking but horrible for 4chan.
>>
>>1051346
wait... this must be brain damage are you retarded?
>>
>>1051312
Not the guy you're responding to but see the structure to the right in Sam's extended drop off video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zM4DVZ5ins4&t=2m30s
Wooo-hoo indeed. On the other hand it might actually be harder sticking to the rules long term when you are aware of people around you but aren't allowed to interact with them.
>>
File: wow.jpg (63KB, 640x364px) Image search: [Google]
wow.jpg
63KB, 640x364px
>>1051445
Do you mean his 10 items and all the camera gear they stuffed in the Pelican cases?
>>
>>1051454
I set the index in the link to start at 2:30 of the video but I guess it doesn't work when the embedded video is viewed.

At the end when the camera pans to show the plane taking off, there's a nearby building clearly visible to the right. He probably had to put up with boaters driving by waving beer and burgers in his direction all the time he was there.
>>
File: retards.jpg (93KB, 855x484px) Image search: [Google]
retards.jpg
93KB, 855x484px
>>1051459
It's called B roll footage. When the plane took off at the lodge where the extraction teams were staying they just used take off footage. The same building is in both videos. I used my massive brain power to notice this in 2 seconds. The purpose in having a massive brain is to screen out the irrelevant.
>>
>>1051469
you have a massive brain tumor alright
>>
File: 1498429312013.jpg (65KB, 1196x1181px) Image search: [Google]
1498429312013.jpg
65KB, 1196x1181px
>this season takes place on the island I live on

I hope it doesnt attract a lot of foreigners to come here.
>>
>>1050776
Yeah, I was really stoked to send in an interview video and win that $1M, but then I realized that since I'm autistic and wouldn't whine about being away from my friends and family, they wouldn't want me. That was a real kick in the nuts.
>>
>>1052521
even if you were they wouldn't show you get shit done successfully crafting nice things and using them. they will only show you fucking up getting injured and being miserable even if that was 1% of your time spent there. because it's a shit show.
>>
>>1052523
I realize that you're right, but I like to imagine that there wouldn't be much of that. I actually spend about five months each year doing more or less that exact shit; lake hopping, eating nothing but what I catch or forage, all alone. Biggest issue for me would be the weather, I'm used to starting and maintaining fires in a dry environment, having to store firewood and tinder instead of just taking a quick look around camp when I need it would be an adjustment.
>>
>>1052525
well if you provide no drama you won't get much screen time.
>>
>>1051694
>this season takes place on the island I live on
That's neat. Can you elaborate?

This season like the first two is back on Vancouver Island which of course is huge, has a large population and thriving tourist industry (mostly in the south). All of the teams again are on the main island, with four in the vicinity of Winter Harbour and three further away stuck along the north coast. Do you mean you are actually from the immediate area?
>>
>>1051694
please go out and troll the fuckers with some hamburgers!! make sure you put the vid on youtube!
>>
this show is designed to attract the weirdest people possible... you need to be unemployed or a self employed (insert hippie not-an-actual-job job here) to be able to be on this show. any actual boss would be hesitant at the very least to allow their employee to take off an indefinite amount of time.
>>
>>1052630
well if you are confident you will win 500k and you have a shitty job you hate it doesn't seem to be much of an obstacle.
>>
File: petawolf2.jpg (14KB, 248x186px) Image search: [Google]
petawolf2.jpg
14KB, 248x186px
>>1049143
> downloading episode 4
hope the fat hippy bitch finally gets eaten by a wolf
>>
>>1049834
producer is ex ATF
>>
>hippie woman
>kills a spider
wew
>>
>>1052630
The one guy was an accountant
>>
File: C8UxgDx.png (718KB, 1334x636px) Image search: [Google]
C8UxgDx.png
718KB, 1334x636px
>>1049225
>Alone
>having partners

>Has no problem with the fact that it's on a channel called The History Channel
>>
File: alone.png (549KB, 856x786px) Image search: [Google]
alone.png
549KB, 856x786px
Any bets yet on who wins? Every season I sucked bad at guessing.
>>
>>1050776
underrated and also cuts deep.
>>
>>1055970
So far I like le beardless Lousiana man's personality the best.

He seems to have a good attitude about stuff rather than bitching all the time.
>>
>>1052619
Its probably already filmed and past post production. Not a chance.

>>1052609
VI has a lot of rural and non populated regions and the terrain makes much of it hard to access some areas anyways. If you can hike out to it, you can be isolated really quickly.
>>
>>1049430
>>1050010
>>1050601
>all these "hardcore" tough guys
>implying you would even last a day yourself
Did you even once concider that the kid didn't want to be on the show to begin with?
>>
>>1056663
so why be on the show then? why take the opportunity away from someone who wanted to be on it? fucking entitled piece of shit kid
>>
>>1056666
What I was getting at was maybe the dad forced him to do it.
>>
>>1056663
>>1056736
Maybe he decided he was better off here, anonymously defending his actions on an Ecuadorian 80's diesel Mercedes message board.
>>
File: SomertonMan2.jpg (7KB, 300x476px) Image search: [Google]
SomertonMan2.jpg
7KB, 300x476px
>>1056736

boohoo his dad actually wants to spend time with his him, even if it in the only way the dad knows how - what a fucking tragedy, quick someone call CPS, a father is trying to bond with his son by going camping for a week or two!
>>
>>1056979
The whole point from Dad's perspective was to put Son in a situation that will force him to step up and act like a man.

In the introduction, he even refers to his Son as a "young man" several times.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1496663823963.jpg (202KB, 1194x1797px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1496663823963.jpg
202KB, 1194x1797px
>>1049238
I lost my axe once, and it's fucking red and yellow. Among the green. I'm an actual airhead. Dropped and lost my knife once too.
>>
any thoughts on ultimate survival alaska? never watched it, but it caught my attention
>>
File: team_love_conquers_all.jpg (69KB, 550x367px) Image search: [Google]
team_love_conquers_all.jpg
69KB, 550x367px
>>1057230
100% scripted competition. Scripted drama between characters was cringeworthy at best and in every episode staged accidents kept happening. The good thing is some of the people partaking were really having fun, on and off camera.
>>
>>1051343
Dunno about "months ago", but I posted Google Earth snaps relating to Season 1, albeit on a thread about Season 2.

There's a reason "Alone" stopped showing a map of the contestants' camps after Season 1: it was easy to find out on GoogleEarth that S1 Sam had been positioned within 100m (less, actually) of a neighborhood.

Some sites were recycled in S2, and I think I see S2 David's site reused now in S4.
>>
File: Ed4nAVS.jpg (91KB, 520x345px) Image search: [Google]
Ed4nAVS.jpg
91KB, 520x345px
>>1057879
>it was easy to find out on GoogleEarth that S1 Sam had been positioned within 100m (less, actually) of a neighborhood.
Then it should be easy for you to find it again.
>>
>>1057879
I don't think that's quite right. Sam was line of sight from Winter Harbour and probably could see the lights at night and experienced a fair amount of boat traffic going by, but he was actually about 2km away.

The guy that was rescued from a "bear attack" in the middle of the night was about 200m from a road so his location was probably the least remote.

Anyway, the maps are back this season so you can see at least approximately where everyone is. Details like logging roads and clear cuts are conveniently obfuscated though.
>>
>>1050224
The fat fuck wasn't the one hiking and didn't need to be wandering around camp anyway.
>>
>>1057230
>ultimate survival alaska
They did an episode in my town. They drive jeeps on a dirt road to a trail head then hike away. Problem is that the trailhead is on a paved road at the end of a paved cul de sac.
>>
>>1058122
I'm sure they stick them close to logging roads so they can extract them if for some reason a boat or helicopter won't work. They extracted one person on foot in one of the episodes. Someone comes up with an idea for a TV show then they turn it over to the legal dept. and I'm sure they demanded all kinds of safeguards so nobody dies even for insurance purposes.
>>
>>1058122
All I can say is to screencap the map-graphic
from the show, where Sam is camped right by
a small promontory, and look it up on Google
Earth,note the houses, and look at the distance
scale.

I don't have the old graphics I once reposted.

IIRC.
The guy dropped off closest to a road was
actually Joe, albeit the slope up from shore to
the road was brutal and very densely
vegetated. He can't have missed finding the
road, although he would have seen it only once
he was literally on its shoulder. Nowhere to
pitch camp, literally. To his credit, he seems to
have LEGIT hugged the coastline in search of
the small beach where he set up, but then lost
his ferro rod.

Don't know who to root for this Season, and
the bad aftertaste of S3 is still with me.
>>
>>1057879
well it's a pretty densely populated island where they are logging the forests and shit. you would run out of "camera secluded" locations pretty damn fast. real secluded doesn't even exist.
>>
File: alone s1 01.jpg (112KB, 1140x546px) Image search: [Google]
alone s1 01.jpg
112KB, 1140x546px
>>1058006
Jesus, you're a lazy bastard, lol.
Fine... I'll do it again.

Here's the S1 contestants map,
capped from the show itself.
(cont'd)
>>
File: alone s1 02.jpg (63KB, 640x315px) Image search: [Google]
alone s1 02.jpg
63KB, 640x315px
>>1058233
here are the contestant's locations
transferred to Google Earth's sat view.

We were discussing Sam, right?
He's clearly on Winter Harbour.
>>
File: alone s1 03.jpg (145KB, 807x476px) Image search: [Google]
alone s1 03.jpg
145KB, 807x476px
>>1058234
Closeup of Winter Harbour, with Sam's
position, based on the show's own map,
indicated by the yellow circular outline.

As I said, it's on a promontory.
What do you say? Shall we zoom in?
>>
File: alone s1 04.jpg (154KB, 679x647px) Image search: [Google]
alone s1 04.jpg
154KB, 679x647px
>>1058235
This is a zoom-in of Sam's location,
again, according to the show's map.
Because of scale, the "dot" on the
show covers an area approximated
by the yellow bracket (see image)
>>
File: alone s1 05.jpg (132KB, 873x655px) Image search: [Google]
alone s1 05.jpg
132KB, 873x655px
>>1058237
...and this is a as close-up as is useful
to go, perhaps. You can note the scale
at bottom right. You can also note the
houses, roads, etc...

S2 was an even bigger hoot, but as the
show eschewed a "contestants' map", it
is isn't easy to prove the relatively easy
locations (deliberately or randomly given)
to Nicole and to Mary Kate. Larry had
one of the shittiest locations EVER
dealt out.

If... and I mean if... but:
If I were to suspect favoritism, I'd say
the producers stacked the odds in
favor of Sam and Lucas in S1, and
in favor of Mary Kate and Nicole S2.

S3 was a fucking joke, and S4....
well, we will see.
>>
File: alone s1 06.jpg (90KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
alone s1 06.jpg
90KB, 600x600px
>>1058240
Now, I fear that rabid fans of the show, and/or
fans of Sam, are going to take issue with me.

I don't have anything against Sam.
I'm sure Sam has /out/ skills.

I'm also sure it is devilishly difficult to balance
contestant isolation and contestant safety, from
a both production and underwriting standpoint.
This is TV, and its point is to entertain.

I want to be entertained, but also to learn how
a survivalist deals with being 'alone', which is
why I made an effort to see just how 'alone'
they were: proper context helps appreciation.

It's still a fun show to watch, and I still learn
a few things.
>>
>>1050772
>respect for the fact that I basically won the lottery
It's a fucking TV show. This has nothing to do with respect.
>>
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5ssvem
>>
>>1058254
Self respect, you autist.
>>
>>1058258
If you have any self respect, you don't take part in a TV show that broadcasts the adventures of your stupid neckbeard ass globally in the first place.
>>
>>1058259
>poasts on a Honduran pottery-eating forum
>lectures others about 'self-respect'

kys
>>
>>1058235
This is incorrect. The promontory by the yellow circle is actually very close to where the structure visible to the right at the end of Sam's drop off video is. The quirks of cropping and zooming makes it look very close in the video but it is actually about 2km away. Sam is further up at 50.539,-128.003.
>>
>>1058207
Logging roads are one thing but the season 1 bear guy was 200m from a named, maintained road. Similarly, the team Whipple husband would have had to have crossed that same road during his hike.
>>
Started watching last night, starting at S01E01. That one guy was dealt a really shitty hand being dropped in the middle of like four bears around him.

I probably would've tapped out too.
>>
>>1058233
So you're basing your entire argument on where they were left by a graphic someone made that was hired to make graphics?
>>
>>1058305
>>This is incorrect.
>>it is actually about 2km away.
>>Sam is further up at 50.539,-128.003.
Very interesting. I'd love to know the source
for those coordinates, because any degree
of error in the show's S1 'map' is useful for
appreciating the S4 mini-maps.

Thanks.

>>1058621
>>So you're basing your entire argument on where they were left
>>by a graphic someone made that was hired to make graphics?

No, and your wording seems antagonistic,
and is clearly presumptive.

I also considered camera footage from the
show that can be matched to geographic
features in the map graphic and sat image.
This is particularly true for the birdseye intro
to each contestant, and rescue/tapout vids.

That said, not all contestant locations are as concisely (by which I mean fewer clips are
necessary) confirmable as, say, Alan's,
Lucas' and Mitch's, but when seven out
of ten locations on-map are confirmable
then I feel the show's map itself is reliable.

If you feel the show's map is inaccurate, then
you could try to help others out by providing
your own basis for doubt.
>>
>>1058710
>I'd love to know the source
>for those coordinates
No source per se, but based on some distinctive landmarks. Compare this view
https://www.google.com/maps/@50.5388928,-128.0031346,358m/data=!3m1!1e3

vs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQaZRMaK0Zs
Time 0:00 note:
- the shapes and arrangements of the tidal pools (tide is higher on the map but deeper is darker).
- the clearing just North of Sam's shore and the different trees surrounding it. The pattern of light deciduous/dark conifer along the whole shoreline for that matter.

vs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOnRBZfXDK0
Time 0:00. Wider shot of same area.
- to the left of the screen, right on the water is an elongated sand bar / island. Imagine this at high tide and compare to the map relative to Sam's sand bar. Note the spaced out straight line of shrubs.

Less convincing on their own but fitting the location:
Time 0:10. Low tide exposes flats just East adjacent to Sam's bay. Position and geometry of the small island in background ESE of this location "PULCAH 15"?. Also the far bank to the left of the island is noticeably farther away than on the right because the bank on the right side is not the far bank but actually Wedel Island (zoom out the map slightly to see this).

Zoom way out and draw a line from Sam's bay ~SSW straight down the channel. That would give you the exact shot from Sam's drop off video with the structure on the promontory on the right, "Outpost At Winter Harbour" barely visible in the background. Compare points on the map to ridge or tree lines going down to the water at the end of this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zM4DVZ5ins4
Conversely, you couldn't set up on the promontory where History has placed Sam's marker on the map and get anything resembling that angle.
>>
>>1058786

Much thanks!
Checking it out now, and looks good so far.
>>
Now that the dust has settled...
Who was best girl?
>>
>>1059856
The one that got naked.
>>
>>1059784
Which she burnt the everliving fuck out of. Where'd she get that mason jar and what was in it, piss?
>>
File: 100% Smug.jpg (20KB, 416x396px) Image search: [Google]
100% Smug.jpg
20KB, 416x396px
This season has been hysterical. Its been so hilarious seeing all these American military """"woodsmen"""" and """"Survivalists"""" drop out so early. Not so tough without your guns eh? You were never badasses or outdoorsmen. You're just pussies with a gun. Yeah, Real tough. This will be the shortest season yet.
>>
>>1059967
>Which she burnt the everliving fuck out of.
She's been shown as a ruthless, efficient killer so you will eat it, like it and find something nice to say about it if you know what's good for you.
>chewy!
>>
File: triggered.gif (133KB, 311x366px) Image search: [Google]
triggered.gif
133KB, 311x366px
>>1059995
>>
>>1059967
>and what was in it, piss?
>>
>>1060751

wow, she just steps on its neck instead of actually wringing it humanely, i hope these people face animal cruelty charges
>>
>>1060762
I hope you choke on a veggie burger
>>
File: knife cut.webm (3MB, 740x416px) Image search: [Google]
knife cut.webm
3MB, 740x416px
Is there anyone who didn't see this coming?
>>
>>1060918
I pissed myself when that happened. Atleast he didn't tap out like that other asshole.

>cuts his hand with his axe
>brother is .8 miles away
>taps out right away

WHAT A FAAAAG - Bill Burr
>>
>>1060918
Steel - Cold Steel,
Is master of Men all.
>>
>see this coming?
I thought the husband guy was going to get it too when he was shaping the hand line spool by holding it at the bottom while chopping the top part. He seems like a bit of a klutz.
>>
>>1060751
Not sure what kind of bird that is but it looks to me like it's the fish eating kind.

It's guaranteed to taste disgusting.
>>
>>1059995
The one dude got cucked by his son

>first day out
>son is waiting for dad to hike in
>son goes "Yeah it's a lot harder than I thought it would be"
>son quits
>>
>>1049143
But the camera crew is with them?
>>
>>1061126
No, they film themselves.
>>
>>1049143

I hate this show. Fuck television.
>>
>>1060918
i cringed when he turned the knife i was sure what will happen.
>>
>>1060762
have you ever tried wringing the neck of a bird? its fucking hard they have very flexible necks you can crush things in them that won't kill them right away, i usually just step on their skull and crack it much faster than squeezing necks.
>>
>>1061035
While Lucas season 1 was cooking the bird that was tangled in his fishing lines, he was worried about how it was going to taste but when he tasted it, he said it wasn't bad.

As far as tasting disgusting, burning it to char would take care of that regardless of what they started with.

Still, I'd be worried about eating or even handling a sick bird with no obvious injuries because of zoonoses.
>>
>>1050753
>>i like my women naked and afraid
>creepy

Look at this fucking normie.
>>
>>1055970
chick and dude, they can fuck and enjoy themselves. Also she seems like the chill hippie chick from prev season.
Keep in mind i watched 2 eps til now
>>
>>1055970
Brook and Dave. The lady made him a castle in a couple of days whilst most others just whipped a tarp over a line. She actually did a lot better than the other camp builders.
>>
>>1060918
Don't think so. Guess everybody has to make that mistake once to never do it again. Can't imagine it was his first time though.
>>
>>1050667
true, but they don't have that many episodes so i'll take this too
>>
>>1062277
>Can't imagine it was his first time though.
But the thing that kills me is on almost every season it's happened and they don't think to be careful with sharp stuff.
>>
>>1062304
your brain gets fucked up in a few days if you are starving and dehydrated. it doesn't take much. in a few days for a healthy human cognitive functions get impaired. after 8-9 days of starving the body also physically collapses runs out of energy. woman can take 10-11 days before they crash.
>>
what youtubers have been on alone?
>>
/out/, I feel as though you are ignoring the most important question, that question being, of course, who is the best Alone waifu?
>>
>>1063227
/b/ is that way ---------->
>>
>>1063599
>/b/ is that way ----------> >>>/b/
FTFY
>>
>>1055970
I don't know who is going to win but I don't think it's a coincidence that all three teams on the north coast are gone.
>>
> let me just put my hand in the path of an axe whats the worst that can happen i have good reflexes
kek
>>
>>1050772
It's because people get weak as fuck and they like the idea of being there not actually being there, that's why with all of these dumb ass survival shows people drop out when shit gets hard and don't do what they need to do cause its "too hard"
>>
File: cast.png (547KB, 856x786px) Image search: [Google]
cast.png
547KB, 856x786px
So now we have the 2 brothers, the father and son, and the married couple. It's hard to choose because you think a person will do it but then you have to take into account the idiot partner.
>>
>>1065766
>tfw

I thought brody + chris were gonna do it but his brother completely pussed out on him.

Surely people pussying out like that creates a rift between them for the rest of their lives. Like the father and the son who just "quit because it was too hard".
There has to be a lifelong resentment between the two.
>>
>>1065769
He was sleazy going full manipulation mode with the "Don't you think YOU should quit so you can get home in time for your daughter's birthday"? Framing it so that not quitting means choosing to stay over being with his child and forcing him to say so on camera will create resentment for sure.
>>
File: whichwaywp.jpg (160KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
whichwaywp.jpg
160KB, 750x1334px
>>1049452
A float.
>>
>>1050853
Yeah, whats up with that? And why waste energy on making firewood a foot long?

>>1051294
Duck walks into campfire and practically roasts itself after catching 16 fish
> it's fake?
>>
>>1065937
This!! The guy said he missed his daughters birthday but didn't it occur to him before he agreed to be there that might happen?
>>
I hate that we're even discussing this. Instead of following someone's victories and defeats as they use their wits and skills in their struggle against nature like in previous seasons, we're treated to bickering among teammates just like any number of other reality shows. I'll admit the argument about crab feeding habits was funny but the teaser for next week is the wife snapping at the husband. Who cares about this stuff?

The way things are going, don't be surprised if next year they have the audience voting online to decide who gets the duck at the end of the episode.
>>
>>1059995
>>
>>1061035
It's a grebe.

Yes, it eats fish.
>>
>>1060762

>i didnt get a massive hard on from watching a t h i c c woman crush a dying seagull
>>
Goddamn, this season sucks.
>>
Goddamn this season doesn't suck.
>>
>>1066512
It remains to be seen how much time is going to be wasted on useless squabbling as people are pushed to their limits. Plenty of time for it to turn to pure suckage.

On the plus side, looking at these teams I don't think we'll be subjected to a sweat lodge this season so that would be an improvement.
>>
>>1066591
>Reddit: The poster
Wew you're a miserable boring faggot.

>>1066014
He seems like a pretty manipulative guy; especially when he lies to his brother about his reasons for wanting to leave and then tries to guilt his brother into leaving due to "parental responsibilities"
>>
>>1066595
>guilt his brother into leaving due to "parental responsibilities"
I actually watched it again. The look on the other brothers face when the crew shows up and the guy says basically "he's going to miss his daughters birthday" it really looked like he wanted to tough it out. I see resentment later on.
>>
>>1066639
Yeah he looked really pissed off with his Brother for letting him down; he even said he wasn't happy that he had been busting his ass all this time and now his brother just wanted to quit. I can see them going back to the usual alone formula; this season has kinda sucked a bit.

Last 3 seasons people built some cool shit and did some cool shit; this season it's been seriously weak.
>>
>>1049834
>>1050474
american tv companys pay money for that

here in germany in a tv show called the super nany (they get the kids to punch or insult ther parents)
this happened:

Mom hears producers talking:
>it would be great if that dog the kids love so much dies
a few days later the dog has to get eutanized because he doesnt eats anymore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0XTKU5iUZc

but these people are white thrash that signs contracts without reading
contract including 25000E fee if they throw the camera out and they had to pay 900E for the electricy
and the money they got for the show was sized by the wellfare agency.
>>
File: 1498773881642.jpg (20KB, 387x309px) Image search: [Google]
1498773881642.jpg
20KB, 387x309px
>>1068141
I'm ashamed that you and i may share ancestry.
>>
>>1066639
>>1066913
Yeah, I was rooting for them but based on the remaining I think the meme canadians are obnoxious, I'm neutral to the dude and his wife, and I sort of like the old man in the father/son pair.
>>
So grateful for you guys making this thread and tuning me into this show, this is awesome. Can't wait to watch the first 3 seasons after this one is over, but I suspect that it's more interesting when they're operating as partners.

this show is like playing the lottery, all the fun of the show is to imagine yourself in their shoes because the actual people on the show are not all that interesting.

Seems like a lot of people did not anticipate how long it would take for their partner to hike the 10 miles, and frankly I would not have either. I would not think that it would take me or my brother an entire week to move that distance, and I don't get the feeling that these guys are just soft and didn't know what they were doing...

I would have spent every day working my ass off getting a good shelter going, high up away from the shore, draining water, and wind, and clearing a decent 400M path towards the shore for food collection. Their structures are so shitty besides the couple from alaska, zero protection from the winds, zero insulation from the ground. What are these guys doing? The only team that had a decent structure, the couple, has decided it wasn't good enough and is now building an even better one... How is this not a priority for the other groups?
>>
Honestly (((they))) pushed less hard this season than in s2 for a female or diversity win.
>>
>>1068915
Glad you're enjoying it Anon. Season 1 is by far the best
>>
No episode this week?
>>
>>1069828
Torrent is up, just downloading it now.
>>
>>1069828
this
>>1069837
It seemed to be put out there later than usual.
>>
>build boat
>make a trotline
>don't use boat to set the trotline
>try to throw a rock from shore while holding onto the line of hooks
>get hook lodged in finger

These brothers are so stupid.

At this point, I'm not sure who will win. Couple will want to quit to get back to their young kids. Father and Son could go out at any point if dad is hurting too much. Brothers are dumb and take too much to keep going.
>>
>>1070240
> ginger niggers
>>
Who would have expected that given three weeks, nobody has been able to find an even moderately straight tree branch on Vancouver Island to fish with.
>>
>>1070240
>These brothers are so stupid.
>herr durr they aren't stupid they are just hungry

It's at the point where every time the pick up something remotely sharp I start cringing.
>>
>>1070529
I think it's a ruse. Remember how much of a bumbling idiot they edited Dave to be in season 2? He ended up winning it though.
> That pot of water looks kind of unbalanced. Don't knock it over.
He knocks it over losing his day's supply of water.
> Well at least don't try to grab it because it's hot and besides the water is all gone.
He grabs it and burns himself.
> Don't stand so close to the edge of the water with your entire spool of fishing line or else you'll drop it.
He literally throws his spool of fishing line in the water, desperately jumps in after it getting soaked to the waist and almost gets hypothermia.

The stupid hosers screw up badly often but somehow manage not to be really affected by any of it. Plus they're working on active fishing from shore and boat, trot lines and crabbing and are willing to eat seaweed until they puke.
>>
>>1070623
I don't think it's really a ruse. Winning doesn't really imply they are the best survivalists, just that they were able to last longer than the rest. Most of the best survivalists tap out because they want to get back to their life (family, work, generaly bored of this game). There were plenty of better survivalists in season 2, but Dave generally seemed to hate his normal life more than surviving alone (those slutty daughter; typical loner video game son; shit job). This season looks like the couple are equiped well to survive, but they will probably tap out due to their kids. So that leaves the oversized dumb brothers and the father son combo who are 1 accident to the father away from being done (so many shots showing him struggling).
>>
>>1071156
>Most of the best survivalists tap out because they want to get back to their life (family, work, generaly bored of this game
>bored of this game
>bored of good chance of getting half million dollars
>>
File: bear nest.jpg (57KB, 481x368px) Image search: [Google]
bear nest.jpg
57KB, 481x368px
Here me out for the next season:

Contestants get to choose the normal 10 things. But they (the TV show staff) take the things and leave them on the beach and you have to use a compass to get to them, maybe ten miles like the teams did. Sort of like this season but WITHOUT the other person. But here is the kicker. If they make it to the 10 items there will be a note on the stuff. "You did not find the wrong items. This is someone elses 10 items but you have to use them".

Now please tell me how much of a TV genius I am.
>>
>>1071198
The money isn't that important for some of them, and I doubt they don't get some kind of payment for basically filming the show themselves. They'd be stupid to do all that work for nothing.
>>
>>1071397
>hiking 10miles thru the mess that they did this season with nothing but the clothes on your back, shoes and a compass
That'd be a shit show. Nobody would get through it.

>stealing their shit and giving it to someone else
Might as well just tell them they will have a random assortment of items when they get to their spot. But either way, there will be more fuckery with certain contestants getting objectively better gear to go along with their better spot.

>people still choose bow and arrow this season
This shit never gets old.
>>
>>1071431
>That'd be a shit show. Nobody would get through it.
They already did this season
>stealing their shit
It's not stealing. you just get some other persons stuff. You should be able to survive off of anything.
>>
They should give people a week's worth of food and water. Let them get setup so they at least have a small chance of surviving the winter.
>>
>Ted going full retard with trotline
>married couple's wooden chimney is set on fire because surprise, wood is flammable!
Goddamn idiots
>>
>>1071503
>retard shit innawoods
That is exactly how they make you watch the show and spend your time viewing advertisements for SYDN(r) - shit you don't need (tm)
>>
>>1071500
Food

2 lbs of beef jerky (protein)
2 lbs of dried pulses/legumes/lentils mix (starch and carbs)
2 lbs of biltong (protein)
2 lbs of hard tack military biscuits (carbs/sugars)
2 lbs of chocolate (Simple/complex sugars)
2 lbs of pemmican (traditional trail food made from fat and proteins)
2 lbs of gorp (raisins, m&m's and peanuts)
2 lbs of flour (starch/carbs)
1/3 lbs rice/ 1/3 lb sugar / 1/3 lb of salt

*Participants may only choose up to 2 Food items each.
>>
Has anyone actually hunted anything with their bow and arrow in this show? Seems like all i've seen is people fishing/eating plants/trapping rats
>>
>>1071156
>Most of the best survivalists tap out because they want to get back to their life (family, work, generaly bored of this game).
Those are called rationalizations. Rationalizations are lies which are told to ourselves to feel better about ourselves. In this case they also have the pressure of publicity they feel the need to explain themselves to tons of outsiders, the viewers, also they pressurized by the channel and creators of the show to tell some shit that sounds wise to common ears.
I have to ask: do you really believe what you see on tv? It's rhetorical of course.
>>
>>1056663

Spot the kid forced to do sport by his dad.
>>
>>1071515
>Has anyone actually hunted anything with their bow and arrow in this show?
Nope.

It's hard to hit shit with a bow if you're not trained.
It would be better to make a primitive crossbow and hunt birds.
>>
What happens if one person is close to eat some poisonous stuff ?
>>
>>1071550
yeah traps and fishing are much safer stabler lower effort source of food. you have to know the habits of the wild animals to have any chance with a bow. and have to go for bigger game for it to be worth the time and energy.
>>
>>1071551
They get a dramatic scene in the trailer.

In third season a woman got bit by some spider and got some awful wound, treated it herself, so I suppose nobody looks at them 24h/day.
>>
>>1071500
They don't want them to last the winter, they want them tapping in a reasonable amount of time. It's why I think they do it over holidays (thanksgiving was specifically missed last year by some) to make people want to go home.
Can't be cheap leasing the land and being setup for production on it.
>>
>>1071886
Anybody know how early/late they started this year? I know season 2 started a few weeks earlier than season 1.

I ask because I'm wondering where the salmon are. I think we've only seen one caught but there should be more. I would expect the father/son team at least would see a ton during the run because of how narrow the water is where they are.
>>
>>1071916
Normally I'd shitpost someone into oblivion for what I'm about to say but you're wording makes you sound informed on the topic:
When do the salmon usually run? I have no idea to your questions, just speaking from watching the show.
>>
>>1071916
>I ask because I'm wondering where the salmon are
I live in Southeast Alaska and the last run we have are Coho's in September.
>>
File: 1498942510304.jpg (125KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1498942510304.jpg
125KB, 400x400px
>>1071515
A trap has a better value, it woeks when you sleep and when you clean your skin. You can build more traps to have a better chance of getting food.

As for fishing, it doesn't cost much calories and offers great chances of serious food.

Hunting with a bow in that forest is hard and offers slim chances for success.
>>
I'm tired of all the pussy bitches on this show. They all do the exact same thing. And they all fail. Building a shelter, catching a few fish, and starving to death is not survival. Hunting big game is the only way to survive the winter. I'm waiting for someone that actually tries to survive instead of out starving the others.
>>
>>1072205
this

Another thing that bugs me is that nobody is building an efficient fire place.
Open fire places are a waste of firewood and everything gets cold as soon as the fire dies.

>build something that catches heat from exhaust in thermal mass
>make a nice bed out of it
>use heat to dry next batch of firewood and wet clothes
>put a smoking chamber at the end

Then a A-frame log roof on top, cover everything with thick isolation, make a good door and you could be really really comfy in even the most terrible shit weather.

Also much more passive fishing with lines, nets and traps and a few deadfall traps on animal paths...

After that it's mostly controlling your traps, making firewood and building more traps.
>>
>>1072042
>you're wording makes you sound informed on the topic:
Nah I don't know shit, just comparing this year to what has happened before.

Salmon have contributed to the story the previous two times on the island so the relative absence so far seemed strange unless they are editing them all out. Not all locations will have access to them but I know for sure the father/son team is at a site close to where past contestants have caught salmon.

>>1072045
>I live in Southeast Alaska and the last run we have are Coho's in September.
I wonder if that translates to a bit later for Vancouver Island, being a little bit further South. Based on the brothers' camp, it doesn't seem to be that cold out yet so do you think there could still be time for salmon to come?
>>
>>1072591
>it doesn't seem to be that cold out yet so do you think there could still be time for salmon to come?

It's hard to say when they filmed the show. I'm wondering if they put them out later on closer to winter because if they caught to many fish the show would go on forever. On the next show I'm going to look for signs of season change, no leaves on non spruce trees etc.
>>
>>1049144
They're all free on http://www.history.com/shows/alone Why let someone else get ad revenue when the actual provider gives free access?
>>
>>1071516
>Those are called rationalizations.
This pisses me off more than anything, I mean take some responsibility for the fact that you couldn't hack it.

Can you imagine being the spouse or child that a contestant blames for being the reason they gave up half a MILLION dollars? Family members of those failures should be on suicide watch.
>>
>>1072728
>http://www.history.com/shows/alone
You have to sign in with your American TV provider, something that isn't international.
>>
>>1072802
It must not require it for me since my internet and television is through the same company (and I'm in the US). Thanks for the heads up and apologies for any confusion.

Definitely worth streaming through, any way you can get it.
>>
Jesus Ted is a piece of shit. They have the least food whilst needing the most, the shittest camp and the shittest relationship, they are bound to tap soon. The couple seems weaker than the father/son, but it might be selective editing to make it seem like le epic upset/plot-twist when they win. I like all the remaining teams though, so don't care who wins really
>>
>>1074268
>and the shittest relationship
And they are fucking constantly screaming "YEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH" I keep having to keep my sound control on my TV in my hand.
>>
When does the next episode drop?
>>
>>1074299
They are on Thursday.
>>
What 10 items would you take (assuming you're going alone) and why?
I would go absolute madman route

Autism mode: ON
1. Pemmican
2. Pemmican
Extra food is always nice.
3. Knife
Because I think that multitool/leatherman wouldn't be the best choice (tiny parts that can break) and I cannot imagine cutting wood with that tiny ass saw.
4. Extra tarp
5. Extra tarp
6. Cord
7. Cord
8. Fishing line + hooks
It's about 270 meters of fishing line, it should be enough.
9. Gill net
10. Sleeping bag

Plan:
Make fires with bow drill, make some sort of ember container for later use
Try to find a stream for water
Find a piece of bark to use as water container.
Get the rocks and put them into fire
Carve a makeshift shovel and dig a hole in firm ground
Gather water with bark and pour it into hole, pray that water stays in
Drop heated stones inside till water boils
Use pot-hole for boiling drinkable water
Make a boat from extra tarp and bunch of branches
Make floats out of bark and other stuff and set up a trotline with fishing line, hooks and cord with stone as anchor
Set up a trotline at the shore, too. Use sharpened sticks driven in the ground
Set up a gill net

For shelter, make a shitshack with sticks and tarp, good for starters, it ain't winter yet. It will be upgraded with time.
Get that wood drying.

Try to make an axe out of stone
Try to make hooks out of wood
Make that fukken spear
Try to make a crossbow to hunt birds and stuff, seems easy enough, the trigger seems to be most complicated part. If successful, try to make a big-ass crossbow and hunt a bear.

Well, guess that's all
>>
>>1074815
I mean by no way to discourage your inventivity but what could possibly go wrong?

How would you lift the fire engulfed stones for example?

You can boil water in a paper container if you wantso maybe take with you some instruction manuals and learn origami.
>inb4 thermodynamics
>>
1. Axe
2. Saw
3. Knife
4. Tarp
5. Extra tarp (for making a boat)
6. Fishing line + Hooks
7. Laptop for browsing 4chan
8. Solar powered battery
9. Firesteel
10. Tendies
>>
>>1074835
>How would you lift the fire engulfed stones for example?
giant chopsticks.

Well, I could boil water in bark, but hole would be larger, so I would fit more water.
>>
>>1074835
>what could possibly go wrong?
Well, it could be raining all day, so I would have problem finding fry tinder and wood for fireboard.
I manage to fish nothing.
Get cold because shitty shelter.
>>
This is the worst season yet, for some reason the last two episodes have been full of those two fucking annoying brothers. "You're fucking lazy man" "Don't call me lazy bro, you're lazy" on and fucking on again, damned imbeciles.
>>
>>1075361
>damned imbeciles.
I assume you are referring to the executives that foisted the Not alone format on us.
>>
Next to last ep tonight. Gotta go from 3 teams to the final two. Who is the weakest link?
>>
>>1078222
nice digis

My predictions:
* Canada Brothers will buzz out in tonights episode. They don't have any food. This is critical.
* Dad and son will win. The couple from Fairbanks is setup for the long haul with their shelter, but Brooke is going crazy. They'll tag out first.
>>
File: alone.png (547KB, 856x786px) Image search: [Google]
alone.png
547KB, 856x786px
>>1078228
>They'll tag out first.
I'm not sure if I saw that coming but as this weeks show went on I wasn't surprised. The Canadians will go next because I think that one brother is having medical issues. I almost can't wait for the reunion show.
>>
>>1050772
What the fuck is wrong with you for thinking it's funny to take the last moments of a girls life captured on camera before she was raped and murdered, and make a meme out of it?
>>
>>1078938
Why do you think it's meant to be funny? Is everything you can't comprehend just an unfunny joke in your pea brain?
>>
Any good /out/ shows come out lately?
I've been out of the loop for a while
>>
Well, building a cabin seemed like a good idea, but in the end it was waste of time that could be used to get more food.
Brook spooked me a little in the beginning of the episode.
>>
>>1078979
I shit a little when I read your comment.
>>
I lost my shit when I first saw this show. I grew up in one of the local communities so it's pretty cool to see some of the areas that we used to fish at on TV.
>>
>>1049263
To be fair, starvation can seriously fuck with your brain. Look at that guy in the Donner's Trail event that kept cannibalizing dead people even though the snow had melted enough to uncover two perfectly whole cows with tons of meat on them because they died from freezing to death, not lack of food.

He was probably feeling the effect of the starvation before he started successfully catching and smoking the fish, so his mind was still in the "make every tiny bit last as long as possible" mode.
>>
File: where_do_you_think_we_are.jpg (35KB, 700x509px) Image search: [Google]
where_do_you_think_we_are.jpg
35KB, 700x509px
>>1078938
>browses 4chan
>believes anything can possibly be "too far" or sacred in any way
>>
>>1051321
It is when you watch a melanin enriched guest star punch the competition in the face so hard he breaks his nose.
>>
>>1052523
Bullshit, there was that girl that got bit by a spider, but used her herbal medicine knowledge to prevent it from killing her.

They showed her making all kinds of cool shit. She even built a lute!
>>
>>1072273
You don't even have to be a fucking genius to build a proper fireplace either.

Just get some rocks and mud and use it the same way you use bricks and cement.
>>
>>1074815
Are you allowed to bring extra food? They do go through your packs, after all.
>>
>>1081614
A ration counts a 1 item out of 10, you can bring 2 rations max.
>>
>>1081591
What's the most common roadkill up there?
Judging by the show you'd swear that there are lots of predators like cougars and wolves around but with no prey bigger than a mouse.
>>
>>1081968
Deer by far. Probably followed by Raccoons. We also used to shoot a lot of grouse. I'm surprised no one has really seen any on the show.
>>
>>1082172
I guess that roadkill is banned or something.
A single fresh deer means a fucking victory.
>>
>>1049466
So you want to kill all fish?
Makes sense...
>>
>>1050667
I think I remember that show. Or at least parts of it.
Wasn't there a group with one guy who almost died due to dehydration and instead of getting him some water, they all sat around and waited for the dehydration to pass on its own.
>>
>>1078979
This is 4chan. It obviously is a joke...
>>
>>1081601
This
>>
>>1049143
Finale tonight.

Canadian TV viewers beware that it starts an hour early, to be followed by the post show.
>>
I still and up in the air who is going to win. The 2 brothers are just idiots. I could actually be on their side if they stopped yelling every 5 minutes but one of them has a stomach injury or something. The other is the father and son team. They might go down the road of "we spent quality time together so lets just quit".
>>
YYYYEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh!!!!!
>>
>>1083617
I was really happy with the ending. I like this show.
>>
I came to ask about this show actually. I'm downloading season one right now. Is it good? Is the whole season one round of contestants or is it a new group each episode?
>>
This is the face of a hardened man worn down to his bones.

Press F to pay respects.
>>
>>1083654
>Is the whole season one round of contestants
This
>>
Kind of disappointing that the team with the weasly manipulative brother and the one with the good for nothing son weren't a part of the reunion show.
>>
>>1078938
Ahh, I love sipping tea on a nice summer day, when will it ever end?
>>
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The father son combo didn't win.
>>
>>1083696
F
>>
File: winner.png (548KB, 856x786px) Image search: [Google]
winner.png
548KB, 856x786px
>>1083831
I wonder if they were just so disgraced they wouldn't come on.
>>
I also wonder what Canadian tax laws are like, the guys who won are Canadian. In the USA 1/3 of the prize money is taxed then at tax time they have to add the winnings to income and be taxed again.
>>
>>1059995

I loved the nigger in season 2 that was bragging about being in the army then tapped the first day after he saw bear shit.
>>
Well they said next year is going to be called "Redemption". So it looks as if they are bringing back some of the losers to try again.
>>
>>1084042
You don't even comprehend US tax law you government screwel retard
>>
Is it still overly Christcucky?
>>
>>1084113
Like yeah man!! Fuck the man!!!

Autista!!
Barista!!
Anti Fascista!!
>>
YYYYEEEeeeEEEeeeEEEeeeEEEeeeEEEeeeEEEeeeEEEeeeEEEeeeEEEeeeEEEeeeEEEeeeEEEeeeEEEeeeEEEeeeEEEeeeEEEeeeEEEeeeEEEeeeEEEeeeEEEeeeEEEeeeEEEeeeEEEeeeEEEeeeEEEeeeEEEeeeEEEeeeEEEeeeaaaahhhhh

Knew these two where gonna make it far. They had a great feedloop of motivating each other to win.
>>
File: say it out loud.jpg (188KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
say it out loud.jpg
188KB, 768x1024px
>>1083654
The show is worth watching for free. The first 3 seasons are single contestants. This season is the first with teams. You will be entertained by their mistakes. The bushcraft people suck at survival btw.
>>
>>1084236
>The bushcraft people suck at survival btw.
They're no match for sheer determination, that's for sure. The hosers had absolutely the worst shelter and their fishing technique consisted of stomping on gunnels. Yet they triumphed where the bushcrafters couldn't endure.
>>
>>1084239
Just like the fat redneck in season 1 who would eat anything and the Pastor in season 2 that lived in an A frame debris shelter. If they had a homesteading show I think some of those bushcrafters would shine, but, it's a survival show.
>>
>>1084239
If you're talking about the couple, it wasn't because they were bushcraft it was because they over did it on energy use. I mean TWO fancy shelters?

The brothers who won.might have been 'survivalist', but they won because they had grit. That's it. They were morons in terms of strategy and did plenty of stupid shit like losing their crab box, and sinking the hook into their Finger.

In other words,

The couple.tapped because the woman was weaker. The dude could have kept on for 10days he said.

The father son team tapped because the father was weaker, if he hadn't been 65 he'd have gone longer

The bros won because they were mid thirties and toughed it out. End of.
>>
>>1071425

I would not be surprised at all to learn the dropouts get nothing. Television is a dying industry, the only reason there are so many reality shows is because you can always find unstable narcissists who will dance around on camera for nothing while a skeleton crew films them. Its cheap as dirt, and pulls in views.
>>
>>1084088
It's strange because they said they're starting filming but if they go by the usual pattern of starting in the fall and going into winter, they should be done by now since the trailer shows the new location is somewhere in the Southern hemisphere.
>>
>>1084407
If you watched all 4 seasons you would see the person you are replying to is correct. I hadn't noticed it until he posted it and thought it made sense.
>>
>>1049143
Anybody know where I can watch the first season of Alone online for free, that's high quality?

I tried going straight to the History website, but the quality of their videos is less than 120. It's so fucking pixelated it's just green and brown smears.

Also tried to watch it on Netflix, but Netflix doesn't have it anymore.
>>
>>1085892
>watch the first season of Alone online for free, that's high quality?
Is something wrong with your auto detect in your browser? I just went to history channel and it looked fine to me.
>>
File: rage.jpg (509KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
rage.jpg
509KB, 900x900px
>>1060751
>cutting it's throat humanly is so hard so I'll just close my eyes and step on it's neck
Thread posts: 282
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.