[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/out/door and girls.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 48

File: girls..png (2MB, 1399x1711px) Image search: [Google]
girls..png
2MB, 1399x1711px
How has your /out/ hobbies influenced your experiences with girls, on and off the trail?
Do you bring it up in casual conversation?
How do they react?

Name your discipline and share your experiences and adventures.
>>
>>1046564
Hmmm I would have to say that getting fit from being out has helped tremendously in my confidence with females. I've always been /fit/ which means I've always been bad with girls but once I became /out/ I became a man.

I invite girls to hikes or other out adventures and they love that shit.

I usually make the first date an /out/ing to get close and personal with them. Shit works wonders.

One thing that gets them all hot and bothered is taking them to go rappelling. They say they're down to do it but once they see the cliff, they always back out and just watch me do it. I think it makes me look more attractive to them seeing me step off a cliff edge. It has resulted in some fun flings.
>>
>>1046564
>>1046564
>>1046575
I realized I didn't answer most of your questions and just gave you what I thought you wanted to hear.

I just bring it out. No beating around the bush. Just out with it, "hey want to go do [something out related]?". They always react positively. JustBeConfident.jpeg
>>
File: sports-climbing_00217115.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sports-climbing_00217115.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>1046564
>indoor/outdoor rock climber transitioning over into proper /out/
>currently EU

>when /out/
Climbing in itself only marginally lends itself to meeting girls, as climbing always includes travelling with a group of friends. And girls rarely travel without male companionship. If they do they tend to stick to themselves (imx).
The girls themselves tend to be of high-than-average fitness.

>when casual (i.e. at parties)
Heavily depends on location and crowd. But in my experience many have little interest in /out/ and aren't very familiar with climbing and sometimes underestimate it as a sport. Some know Alex Honnold and even then have little interest in things /out/ related topics.

TL;DR if you want chicks become a gym rat. Works 9/10 times.

My 2ct from the top of my head.
>>
>>1046564
>how has your /out/ hobbies influenced your experiences with girls, on and off the trail?
On the trail I've come to respect those that try, even if they're not doing a very good job. Beats the shit out of the literally millions that will never leave pavement.
Off the trail it's given me a much greater appreciation for girls that are "functionally fit" and not either superfat or anorexically skinny, although the ones with functional strength do tend to carry a little extra weight.
>do you bring it up in casual conversation?
Not really, although from the way I dress/act and where I work it should be pretty obvious I'm an /out/ist.
>how do they react?
Tends to be very very polarizing, I either get outright called a murderer (actually had one chick call the cops on me because I mentioned I was a hunter, she genuinely thought she could get me arrested for talking about legally shooting animals) or the tryhard country girls try to invite themselves along. Rarely do I get a "hey you do you" response.
>name your discipline
Hunter, backpacker, kayaker, fisherman. Usually in that order of frequency and preference.
>share your experiences
Well, a hunting trip landed me my wife, so can't complain. If anyone's interested I've got some funny stories about interacting with female strangers while /out/ but they're kinda involved.
>>
Since I have been hanging out on this board, I have gone full MGTOW and do not even talk to women for any extended amount of time anymore.
>>
>>1046575
>make first date /out/date
How do you do it? Too much privacy, too quickly?

>abseiling?
You take them up a mountain hike and rappel them down? Talk them through all the steps? Kindly elaborate.

>>1046585
>what's to lock up a legal hunter?
Wut? Details?

>funny stories
This is what this thread is meant for.
>>
I get a lot of "wow, you're crazy" and similar responses when I mention what I like to do with my free time (mostly bike touring with some backpacking thrown in). I haven't had the gumption to try to turn a casual into an /out/ist. The one girl I thought was perfect told me

>I am confident you'll find an other crazy outdoor woman who like outdoor activities and who will love you for who you are. Travels sometimes do wonders...
after explaining that she was in a relationship (with another woman).
>>
>>1046601
Basically went like this.
>work in sporting goods store
>work gun counter
>some lady wanders up while I'm discussing the merits of the different budget durrblasters to Fudd and Fudd Jr, who are shopping for a youth budget durrblaster, probably originally intending to ask where the bathroom was or something
>as soon as I finish with them she launches into berating me about how guns are evil autonomous killing machines that corrupt the minds of their owners and jump out of their safes at night to stalk little brown children to gun down in cold blood, that eating meat or wearing leather (while she has a leather chinkshit knockoff Louis Vuitton purse and leather LL Bean vest on) is literally worse than Auschwitz, then asks if I'm just talking a good game to sell shit or if I actually partake myself.

I say that yes I'm a lifelong hunter.

Then she whips out her cellphone and dials 911. Tells the 911 operator, word for word, "yes hello I'd like to report a murderer, he works the gun department at [sporting goods store] located at [store location]. No, I didn't see the murder happen but he just got done telling me he killed a deer last year. Yes I'll hold. WHAT DO YOU MEAN you're not sending anyone? DATS ILLEGAL THO!...it's not? I THOUGHT THIS WAS AMERICA AND WE PROTECTED THE CUTE ANIMALS! Fuck you, you're worthless. Let me talk to your supervisor!" At which point the dispatcher hung up on her.
>>
>>1046564
wtf is up with her fingers? looks like they necrofied
>>
File: 1495474475254.gif (1MB, 250x233px) Image search: [Google]
1495474475254.gif
1MB, 250x233px
>>1046612
>things that didn't happen: the post
>>
>>1046606
1. Imagined a girl saying this to me in a sweet voice.
>fuck my heart.
Where are these girls?

2. Why do girls nt learn to shoot guy down in this manner.
>>
>>1046585
>funny stories about interacting with female strangers while /out/
Mind sharing?
>>
>>1046601
>>1046612
And as to funny stories...
>be hiking around state land in WY scouting for the upcoming antelope season
>random middle-aged chick also hiking around
>completely naked except for knee-high snake boots, a boonie hat, and a neon green daypack
>we're miles away from the nearest vehicle access (it's all walk-in only)
>I first see her several miles out due to the neon green backpack and just assume she's wearing khaki clothes or something
>keep seeing her off and on, finally put the binocs on her, realize she's naked
>she either ignores or doesn't notice me for several hours, we're going roughly parallel to each other so staying several hundred yards apart
>get into some rough, broken land
>I'm stopped at a little creek, refilling my water bottles
>she hikes right up to me, all casual like
>she's a real-deal "naturist"--skin like old leather gloves, body like braided tow cable, body hair that's never seen a razor or waxing parlor
>she grunts out a quick and casual "hey" and proceeds to also fill up her water bottles
>trying my damnedest to not stare
>we finish refilling
>I've done a pretty poor job of not staring
>she knows
>"yeah I almost never see anyone else out here. Sorry about being nude, but you're just gonna have to deal with it"
>hey, you do you crazy leather lady
>she hikes off
>see her in the distance a few more times that day
>>
>>1046628
Another one that was funny/weird, happened a couple months later in roughly the same location during antelope season.
>midday, hotter than fuck, haven't seen a good antelope all season yet (the curse of public land)
>see a blob of blaze orange in the distance
>start to give it a wide berth, it's pretty flat and I don't want them zinging rounds in my direction if they see something worth shooting at
>couple hours later I'm on the other side
>blob of orange hasn't moved
>hope they're okay...
>take pack off, pull out spotting scope
>late teens/early 20's chick standing over dead antelope, generally looking lost
>aww hell
>make the ~30 minute hike over to her
>"hey, everything alright? Doesn't look like you've moved in a while"
>yeah I shot this a few hours ago but I forgot my knife and I'm tired...will you help me?
>a few hours ago
>in this heat
>and you haven't even gutted it yet
>bitch, don't eat that
>"yeah I'll gut it for you, but it's been sitting for a while I recommend you don't eat it"
>oh I don't eat meat, I'll give it to my dad, he eats anything
>oooh I really don't wanna be complicit to patricide but whatever
>have the antelope gutted in about 5 minutes, it was actually a pretty damn good shot, something I'm not used to seeing from younger women
>oh thank you thank you thank you! Anything I can do in return?
>(that depends, you single? I think to myself)
>"nah I'm good, you have a way to pack it out?"
>pulls a deer-drag harness out of her daypack
>oooh...kay. Have fun with that
>she hitches it up and takes off over the hills, I'm fully expecting her to be winded and crying within 500 yards
>nope, she just keeps going
>damn why do I have to be a flatlander? Wish I had stamina like that....
>giant swath of butt fur left in her wake as all the sage and tiny cacti strip it down to bare skin
>go back to hunting
>>
File: bucketset.jpg (30KB, 350x335px) Image search: [Google]
bucketset.jpg
30KB, 350x335px
>>1046564
>Trapper, fisherman, hunter, backpacker, kayaker
I look (and to be fair sometimes act) like a backwoods murderer. I could never ask a girl I was interested in to come out hiking with me, they are all afraid they would never be seen again.
>Do you bring it up in casual conversation?
I no longer have those, everyone is frightened, which is well enough, I don't like small talk anyway.
>How do they react?
Ranges from disinterested to uneasy to full of contempt.

Shit was easier when I had a girlfriend, I could not give a fuck and still meet minimum social needs, now I'll have to pretend to be a normie if I want to meet new people (ain't happenin).
>>
>>1046623
Well, as of now, I think she's somewhere around Lake Tahoe.

As for why she was so sweet about it, I'd like to think it had something to do with her realizing how perfect she was for me. She tours, she backpacks, she day hikes, she likes going uphill, she likes mornings, she knows how to laugh at herself, she's normally vegetarian but didn't bat an eyelid at eating some fish my roommate caught and gave to us, the list goes on (all of these are true of me too).
On the other hand, it could have just been her trying to express gratitude for all the help I gave her on her trip. Whatever the case, she's still the girl of my dreams, even if she's a dyke.
>>
>>1046642
What is that, a marten? And why is it sleeping with its head in a bucket?
>>
>>1046618
Her hair is wrapped around them.
>>
>>1046564
>Kentucky
>Appalachian mountains
>walking trails with ex
>come to river with giant stones sticking out of the water before some shoals and a waterfall
>have lunch on the biggest stone in the middle of the water, about as big as a bed
>ended up having sex for about an hour on this stone in the middle of a flowing river
>layed on the cold rock while she rode me

Still my favorite outdoor memory/adventure
>>
I've had a lot of luck with women because of going /out/. Girls around my city seemed tired of the typical coffee dates they'd been getting, so going on a hike / scenic picnic / 4x4 trip or whatever is appealing. When I was younger / single and still just having fun I was very successful with women, doing nothing but outdoor dates. Happened to know a great spot for skinny dipping we'd "stumble upon" by accident during a hike. That place got me laid a bunch of times.

The first date I took my (now) wife on was pretty good. We crawled my truck up a scary 4x4 trail, had a a late lunch with a view, and then as the sun was setting I taught her some basic bouldering to get higher up the cliffs. I brought my telescope and we looked at the craters on the moon for a couple hours up there before climbing down.
>>
>>1046601
I live(d) by the uní in my city, and right close by is a canyon where people go hiking. About two miles in there's a small cliff face (<40ft) that have bolts set up for rappelling. I take them there.

yeah I show them the ropes (excuse the pun). I show them how to set up everything and essentially how to rap. I take them to the bottom first so they can get used to the feeling of sitting on the harness and how the controls work before we go to the top. Stepping over the edge is simply too much for a first timer I guess or I'm a shitty teacher but they never go all the way. It's ok though, I do my laps and have fun with them anyways.
>>
>>1046564
>How has your /out/ hobbies influenced your experiences with girls, on and off the trail?
Some very positive, some very negative; all in all, much better than when all I had to talk about was work.
Usually, they ask me what I do for a living and I respond that I work seasonally and travel the rest of the time, hunting, fishing, foraging, hiking, hitchhiking and whatnot.
>How do they react?
They're either highly impressed by my 'manly ability to take care of myself' or disgusted by the fact that I only work two months out of the year.

Just got back from taking a chick out on a two week trip to a hike-in site where I like to spend a good share of my summers. I figured she'd last a few days and bail, but she stuck it out and we ended up having a great time fishing and swimming in a (nearly) private lake, and of course, enjoying each other.
>>
>>1046564
>How has your /out/ hobbies influenced your experiences with girls, on and off the trail?
Yes
When I was younger, I wanted the prettiest girl
When I got a little older, I wanted the sluttiest girl
Then I wanted the smartest woman
Then I wanted the nicest woman
But now, I'm with a woman who can carry heavy shit into the mountains without complaining
The rest is just details
>>
>>1046612
Of all the things that never happened, this never happened the most.
>>
>>1046628
She sounds pretty cool desu. Wouldn't mind having a chat with her actually.
>>
>>1046832
What kind of seasonal work lets you travel for 10 months?
>>
>>1046831
What sorts of girls want to go abseiling on a first date (even go into the woods with a stranger?)

Otherwise this seems like a legit way to impress girls. Make them associate you with risky (manly) activities - Psych101
As a rock climber i like taking them climbing (something I like doing with friends and family) anyway.
But that tends to be less impressive than the mere act of abseiling. Great tip anon.
>>
Take it to r9k you turbo autists
>>
>>1046612
/k/ fantasy: the post
>>
>>1046628
Ya, she's an idiot. Clothes protect you from things like ticks and skin cancer. She sounds fucking crazy, and you know what they say about crazy women: fun to lay then run away.
>>
>>1047000
Bullshit, that's completely believable. Now if you'll excuse me I have to order some pills to enlarge my penis so when that Nigerian prince sends me 40 million dollars I'll have a big dick to wave around at all the gold diggers.
>>
>>1047010
all women are crazy
t. old guy
>>
>>1047010
Her body to do with as she sees fit, and I have no interest in fucking someone 25+ years older than me anyway, even if she didn't look like she was made out of 10 year old work gloves.

Also seconding
>>1047027

Another funny story I just remembered
>decide to take a lazy float trip down my home river in an inner tube
>have been floating for around 4 hours
>slowly drift around a bend and there's 3 women dicking about naked in the shallows
>they all scream and scatter when they realize I can see them
>I'm still like 300 yards upriver
>by the time I'm alongside where they were they're all dressed and yelling that I'm a pervert at the top of their lungs
>yooo I'm just floating along here in the public right-of-way on a public, navigable river and you're the ones naked on public land, ain't my fault and not like there's anything I can do about it in a fucking inner tube
>they really really don't like that response
>they start throwing small rocks at me
>missing horribly, most aren't even getting halfway to me (thank god for wide rivers)
>ey fuck you, stop that
>finally float past them and well out of range
>pissed off rest of float trip
>decide to report them for assault when I get to my take-out point
>realize I know NOTHING about them and only have a half-assed guess on where they were
>say fuck it and go home
I'd say probably 75% of the women I see while /out/ are entitled cunts. Especially the ones that are out with some dude.
>>
>>1046874
Mainly retail, but sometimes I'll work in fast food; it's not like I need a lot of money when I have no living expenses besides hooks, line and shoes.
>>
File: 1495578420129.jpg (44KB, 480x674px) Image search: [Google]
1495578420129.jpg
44KB, 480x674px
Post more /out/ girls
>>
>>1046564
just be yourself
>>
>>1047040
>>1047040
How the fuck did women become so horrible?
>>
>>1047075
They've always been that horrible.

Just now with literally everyone having a camera and the internet in their pocket and the justice system turning a blind eye to women doing the same shit that gets men life in prison they're emboldened.
>>
>>1047045
>>
File: 8mudcuaj40my.jpg (3MB, 7952x5304px) Image search: [Google]
8mudcuaj40my.jpg
3MB, 7952x5304px
>>1047081
>>
File: 1433881740390.jpg (2MB, 3648x2736px) Image search: [Google]
1433881740390.jpg
2MB, 3648x2736px
>>1047084
>>
>>1046741
Feller's tuckered is all. Don't mind him none
>>
>>1047010
>Clothes protect you from things like ticks
I get more ticks wearing pants than I do in shorts, for what it's worth.
>>
>>1046564
Meh. I usually go /out/ to get away from women for awhile. I like feminine women when I get back.
>>
>>1046741

He got to drunk, decided to put a bucket on its head and pretend it's a robot.
>>
>>1046741
He decided to MGTOW his own way. Cant say I blame him
>>
>>1046929
>What sorts of girls want to go abseiling on a first date (even go into the woods with a stranger?)

Well to be fair, its not like its the first time I ever interact with them. I have established a relationship via some mode (be it texting/snapping/hanging out) before taking them out on the first date.

I'm a climber too but honestly I dont like all the work involved with teaching a newcomer. If its bouldering then a lot of time is spent trying to motivate them and encouraging them (which isnt bad per se but thats not my thing). If its sport climbing than a lot of time is lost belaying them (selfish of me but whatever).

If I do take them climbing then its gonna be at a climbing gym because of the more relaxed environment.
>>
>>1047242
Not familiar with that acronym...I thought 'baka' meant 'so much hate' for a long time....getting old, I guess.
>>
>>1047260
'Men Going Their Own Way.'
Delusional involuntary celebates desu
>>
>>1047263
Fuck off roastie
>>
>>1047265
Incel detected.
>>
File: 1481493436080.jpg (297KB, 1632x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1481493436080.jpg
297KB, 1632x2048px
>>1047084
>>
>>1047242
Steps to MGTOW:
>drop a live 220 on your head
>Repeat until desired effect is achieved
>>
>>1046612
That's a very cringe inducing fantasy.
>>
>>1046564

I think its strange that /out/ treats women like a class of creatures that have never seen the outdoors or fear to go to it.
I don't know a single girl that doesn't go /out/. And not glamping either. Backcountry outing. Fishing. Camping. It's not even a thing you really discuss
It might be the state I live in tho.
>prolly gonna head up to desolation wilderness with some coworkers at the end of july.
>>
>>1047410
Is your state full if left leaning whores?
>>
>>1047424
Looks like he lives in Cali, so I'd say yes.
>>
>>1047424
>>1047447

Lol nope.
>you can only access desolation wilderness if you live in cali
>>
>>1046564
I only date other hikers or rowers.
Define casual conversation. But I probably do.
It's usually like, "oh", they dont really care or know what I'm talking about, or want to talk about the time they stayed in a cabin a few miles off a tourist trap.

Just another hiker. AT, PCT, Colorado Trail.
>>
>>1047453
Nevada then? I haven't done any surveys, but I've passed through there a few times by car and bicycle and spent time in Winnemucca, Ely and Vegas without seeing /out/ girls, unless you define 'living on a ranch' as going /out/.
>>
>>1047259
OK. But still you sure have some more courages women around your place.

I personally wouldn't take a person who has never climbed out to the crag and lead belay me to set up a top rope. Teaching them to top rope for me also tends to show me how receptive people are in general.

Bouldering wouldn't have that fear/impressive component.
People need more encouragement when bouldering than indoor sport climbing? At least not in my experience.

Personally don't mind belaying them. But don't do it to much as to not seem like a cuck.
>>
>>1047410
>anon not from big city
>doesn't know big city girls
It rather depends on the urban/rural divide. Denser areas like europe/urban us/large Asian cities are less in touch with /out/doors activities and don't own the gear.
>>
>>1047838
>not belaying chicks just to be able to stare at harness-emphasized ass for hours on end
>>
>>1047841
Dunno, I live pretty rurally in the midwest and 80% of the women around here are either perfectly content to sit around the house and watch netflix, even if said house is 10 miles outside of town on a corn farm.

Another 15-17% might /out/ with their husband or boyfriend but they never take the time to actually learn anything, simply relying on the male they're with to mitigate all their fuckups to where they're not at risk. These are the ones you see in borrowed Carhartts that're 5 sizes too big and pink fashion camo, standing over a dead deer with makeup and lip gloss on.
>>
>>1047845
Really, really sad.
If you leave the rural areas, it´s like 95% of women haven´t left paved roads in the past five years.
>>
>>1047842
>harness emphasised arse.
Damn. That is THE term I was looking for.
Still wondering why it emphasises so nicely though

Which is why I don't mind belaying others. Especially girls.
>>
>>1046833
Underrated post
>>
>>1046564

Deep woods camping is great with chicks.

Think about it. She’s out in the middle of nowhere with some dude she barely knows. She looks around her, what does she see? Nothing but wilderness. “Oh, there’s nowhere for me to run, what am I gonna do, say no?”

Now don't misunderstand me, cause if the girl said no, then the answer obviously is no. The thing is that she’s not gonna say no, she’d never say no…because of the implication. The implication that things might go wrong for her if she refuses to sleep with me. Now, not that things are gonna go wrong for her, but she’s thinking that they will.
>>
>>1047937
Don't be such a fag, there is nothing wrong with rape you rapephobic monster
>>
>>1047948

Woah, woah, woah, who said anything about rape. I'm talking about non consensual role play.
>>
>>1047040
Had a similar experience when I was a kid but there was no reaction from them. They just were there and they gave no fucks at all.
>>
>>1047490

Naw dude they're out there. A lot.
Granted they mostly don't want to be found alone because they feel vulnerable. But it's not even a point of discussion whether or not they DO go out, just when and where and what they got up to.
Yea i've met a lot of divas who never go /out/ but...who cares. Don't talk to them then. That easy.
>>
>>1048156
Oh chicks skinny-dipping is a common occurrence around here, I end up floating past them with some regularity. 90% of the time they give no fucks and keep frolicking (or flirt), the rest of the time they just duck down to chin-deep and look shy until I'm past.

I've been floating this river 20-30x a year for 15 years, since before puberty, and that's the first time anybody's freaked out on me or in my presence.
>>
>>1047838
>>1047838
I wouldn't never go sport climbing with a newcomer with it being just the two of us. Every time I've taken a newcomer (not necessarily a date) it has been with my bros. We set up everything then they hop in. It's simply safer and more fun that way than just the two of you. They can chill and see everything and hangout. If it's just two of us, then it becomes a teacher student thing and that isn't as fun.

Well maybe they require the same amount of encouragement as sport climbing but with bouldering they seem to get more down because they can't go up, lol. Since bouldering is based more on powerful moves, it takes the confidence away a bit more than sport climbing. With sport climbing you can push yourself all the way to the top (top roping because newbie, mind you) as long as you don't give up. Bouldering? If the move is too powerful well you ain't sending shit!

Oh I paid my dues on belaying. I was the belay slave for quite some time and now? Yah nah fuck that! I'll do my fair share but I ain't volunteering to belay any more than necessary.
>>
>>1047842
>not spotting chicks on their ass while they try climbing some pebbles

Ishiggydiggy
>>
>>1047040
>Her body to do with as she sees fit

Yeah, until she needs medical help then relies on our tax dollars to help her.
>>
>>1048312
Pretty sure she was the type that had insurance.

I do understand your point, but you should be far more concerned about all the unwed mothers shitting out children at 18. They'll suck up more tax-funded healthcare before 25 than a cancer patient will in their entire life.
>>
>>1047040
>decide to take a lazy float trip down my home river in an inner tube
>have been floating for around 4 hours

How does this work exactly? Do you park at your exit and hike upriver first? The opposite?
>>
>>1046564
Not at all.

No.

>How do they react?
see above

>Name your discipline and share your experiences and adventures
Tramping. Women are whores.
>>
>>1048390
>Women are whores

Edgy.
>>
>>1046638

Dude, how could you not ask for her number?
>>
>>1048413
Pretty hard to refute though.
>>
>>1048300
>safer with the bros?
Why exactly?
With all newcomers (m and f) i prefer the 1-on-1 session. Mainly because it allows me to be more attentive to security and technique.
Also it doesn't create dead time for others while I belay someone else.
(Beginner belayers are often insecure and nervous without supervision).

>teacher student thing is not fun
I personally do not think so. Maybe I am biased because I have a history of instructing/teaching and like explaining and demonstrating to others.

In my exp some girls can dig 'the instructor angle' (>>1047937 akin to what this anon said). You are taking the lead while being articulate about what you do. I also tends to help if they see that you are very passionate about your sport.
Then again not everyone is cut out for this approch.

>bouldering
I do get that. Which is why I tend not to prefer taking newcomers bouldering.
To me the main draw of bouldering is the beauty of kinetic movement. Ans that appreciation in my experience only comes with time.
If you don't have that appreciation it is more frustrating than rewarding.
Sport climbing (even indoor) is still closer to what the original essence of climbing was - the thrill of height.

And with girls that height thing is what makes it such a 'potent' psychological thing to do.
This becomes even stronger when they are afraid of heights.
They aressociate the height and fear with your assistance. And they learn to trust you through being belays by you.
>>
>>1048328
Most of the popular rivers will have a paid shuttle service to run you back to most of the popular start points. I usually just have a buddy pick me up though, since my take-out point is literally in town.
>>
>>1048463
Because she was almost young enough to be my daughter and I have no idea if she was attached or not, plus she was a bit vapid.
>>
>>1046564
Is it just me or are "outdoorsy" girls the fucking worst cunts on the planet, their idea of a good time is wandering about pointlessly for 5 days, not a single one I've met is into hunting or fishing. Only faggit hiking.
I really wish I was gay, men are way less hassle.
>>
>>1046606
>after explaining that she was in a relationship (with another woman).
I've had about two big unrequited crushes. One of them turned out to be a lesbian, and the other one is so similar to the first one I wouldn't be surprised if she also turns out to be a lesbian in a few years.

Both were very /out/, incidentally; the first was a black diamond skier who climbed Rainier at 14, the second wants to ride a horse across Mongolia.
>>
>>1046564
/out/ and chicks don't mix
i know some white knight is going to get all indignant about his epik outdoorsy wife/gf, but i wish they would keep it to themselves. nobody else is stoked about dealing with your retarded overweight overpriced onahole
>But she is a better hiker than my guy friends!
Stop. that's not the point, and even serena williams recognizes her limits.
>>
>>1048750
>>1048823
HOW DO I MAKE MYSELF GAY?!! I fucking hate women. Men are better in every way except tits and pussy.
>>
>>1048823
>that's not the point
Then what is, praytell? If a chick can hack it, what's the problem?
>>
>>1046785
>took girlfriend kayaking to a roughly ~5acre size island in the middle of the biggest lake in the state.
>wine, picnic, the works
>she winds up blowing me while I stand on the beach, looking out over the water, one hand on her head, drinking out of the wine bottle with the other

Outdoor fun truly is the best fun. Cherish these memories mate, they'll be some of the best you ever have.
>>
>>1048827
its annoying for everyone else
if its just the two of you, shes probably doing it to humor you, and if you werent a beta fag you would probably prefer going /out/ alone or with your male friends (not that you have any). half of the point of going /out/ is to get AWAY from women.

>>1048826
if only it were that easy anon

>>1048835
petit-bourgeoisie like you will be the first to go on the day of the nazbol rope
>>
>>1048827
They don't want to hack it with him, but he can't bring himself to admit that he's the problem, so clearly women simply must hate the /out/doors instead.
>>
>>1048838
>I have never had a meaningful interaction with a human woman: the post, the short story anthology, the novel, the movie adaptation, the direct-to-DVD sequel, the video game tie-in cash grab
>>
>>1048838
>its annoying for everyone else
Maybe for you. Why are you hanging out with annoying women? I like having women in a crew, it adds something.
>if you werent a beta fag you would probably prefer going /out/ alone or with your male friends
I like going /out/ alone or with friends. As long as they pull their weight and are pleasant company, I don't really care what's between their legs (unless it's me)
>half of the point of going /out/ is to get AWAY from women
Are you unhappily married or something? I could maybe see your point then. I totally understand the impulse to get away from assholes, but those are (sadly) pretty common in both genders.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (51KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
51KB, 1280x720px
>>1048838
>its annoying for everyone else
A million times this

I am so fucking sick of the "no my wife GF is totally fucking cool man, bring her along wiht us and you will see!" guys.
So fucking many of them these days and every fucking time the woman ruins the fucking trip.
If I put my foot down and say no she cant come , then somehow I am the asshole.
This is why you married fucks dont get invited anymore.
Your shitty wives are fucking ruining every fucking weekend.
LEAVE THEM THE FUCK AT HOME
>>
>>1048803
>climbed Rainier
...you do know you have been able to drive to the summit of Rainier on paved roads since like, 1972, right? And I mean the actual "this is the top of the mountain, there is no more mountain above this" summit, not some faggy pseudo summit like the road on Hood.
>>
>>1048846
This
This thread is full of beta spergs who have never learned to master women
>b b but it isn't fair that women get X and men get Y
Life isn't fair
>>1048862
This guy gets it
>I like having women in a crew, it adds something.
It adds +2 to diplomacy checks
>>
>>1048877
>If I put my foot down and say no she cant come , then somehow I am the asshole.

That's because you are the asshole.

Guarantee everyone in the group would prefer having the wife there over you.

I know your type. As soon as you walk off to take a leak, everyone is talking about how fucking obnoxious you are and wondering why they keep inviting you.
>>
>>1048928
Buthurt cuck detected.
Face it mate your friends dont like your wife.
>>
File: 1477979671942.jpg (26KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1477979671942.jpg
26KB, 600x600px
My sex life has been great, but I have no love life to speak of. I want to blame society and hookup culture and things outside myself, but I can't help feeling like I'm the problem.
>>
>>1048941
Women have become horrible anon.
They are great fun in the short term so dont stop the tinder, but do not let one spermjack you.
>>
>>1048928
Nah mate it's true that bringing your gf/wife has a 95% chance of completely ruining the trip. Men who insist on it are either insecure about her cheating or are retards who only think with their dick.
>>
>>1048928
>Guarantee everyone in the group would prefer having the wife there

When a group of guys invites me on an outing, they know its because I enforce the no wife rule.
When you show up at base camp to your five male friends and you brought your wife...you are clearly the fucking asshole.
>>
File: 1466651356849.jpg (22KB, 290x508px) Image search: [Google]
1466651356849.jpg
22KB, 290x508px
>>1048902
>drive to the summit of Rainier
>>
>>1046584

Can confirm. Even a fat built balding manlet like I, regularly scores bitches at the gym. It's easy mode
>>
Used to fuck my ex by this small dam near my old house. It was a 15 minute walk through the bush onto a neighboring farm. I always remember the excitement of that walk, we'd stop every so often to kiss and feel each other up, and force ourselves to stop otherwise we'd never get there. Fucked in plenty of other weird places too, but that place will always be special.
>>
>>1048803

Are the 2nd girl's initials S.P.?

I guess there are a lot of great /out/ girls in WA who fulfill your earlier description...
>>
>>1048850
>a meaningful interaction with a human woman
There's no such thing though, unless you found yourself your great white buffalo, nothing women ever do is real.
>>
>>1048947
This, it's mostly western women though. They grow up being treated like Disney princesses so they expect a man to bend and go on all fours for her, basically you need to become beta to find love nowadays. I'm in Western yuro and women are completely fucked here, the only girls I know that seem worth it have been South or Eastern yuro. I'm kinda broken though so I've given up on a normal life, just a piece of advice to not settle on Western woman.
>>
>>1048947
Truth, there is no reason to marry a woman anymore
>>
>>1048902
lol wut

the most common route isn't technical--you need to be able to self-arrest, but that's about it--but there ain't no road and you'd need one hell of a rig to drive to the top.

>>1049087
Nope. But I guess we have a type.
>>
Holy shit, all those /pol/ and /r9k/ incels itt.
Fuckin hell man, WTF is wrong with you retards.

Meh, I'm doing /out/ stuff since I can remember (got put in on of those kid-carrying backpacks, how the fuck are they called in english?, by my parents before I could even walk and went /out/ and sticked with it), so i has not influenced me.
If it fits the conversation, yeah, sure, but I'm certainly not that real-outdoors© guy, that wears TNF and patagonia 100% of the time.
>How do they react?
just, well, normal?
I'm in Austria, so everyone is going /out/ to some amount, or at least knows friends or relatives who go hiking or climbing, so it's nothing special, unless we get so far into a conversation where I can tell about some more non-standard things I have done.

That said:
My 80% /out/ assortment of profile pics on tinder got me my girlfriend, since I am into the same things as her. Now I must just finally get over my irrational fear of getting caught, ticks and smelly genitals for some outdoor sex.
>>
File: 1488591870520.png (138KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1488591870520.png
138KB, 350x350px
>>1046833
You're so right anon.
>>
>>1046833
>But now, I'm with a woman who can carry heavy shit into the mountains without complaining

Is she strong on plow?
>>
>>1048928
>Talking behind back?
How about you and your friends are fags.
>>
>>1049269
This is the normal MO for many city dwellers now.
They honestly dont know what freindship is.
>>
>>1046564
>Name your discipline.

Dual sport motorcycle trips / camping. I go on long trips, often solo. I try to strike a balance of riding through some fairly remote areas for a day or two and then hit the pavement and cover a lot of ground for a couple of days to get to another neat place to ride / camp.

I also do some car camping and 2-3 day hikes occasionally, and I do a lot of hunting / fishing.

I'll talk about something that happened on a trip occasionally, girls seem to be more impressed that I'd just go and do something like that on my own than anything else. My current GF told me that she really started crushing on me when I left to go on a 2.5 week ride soon after we'd met, the "independence" and "self-confidence" to do something like that was a huge turn-on for her she said. It really doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me, I've always been fairly introverted and can be perfectly content just being by myself for extended periods of time.
>>
>>1048928
>"He's such a dick for not letting me take my wife on these trips, right guys?"
>cacophony of hushed yeh yeh's and hm hm's

You're a beta cuck and your wife is not as cool as you think she is, stop annoying your friends with her presence before you lose them all
>>
>>1049282
had a gf who went quite nuts with worry when I did 8 days solo in the eastern sierra. odd, that.
>>
>>1049222
Stronk as ox
She does sport
Jocks make for better /out/
>>
>>1047937
You sound like a shitbag.
>>
>>1046612
Did you and the deer you shot become range buddies afterward?
>>
>>1049222
>Mary- Lou could pull a plow, if only I would let her...
>>
>>1049359
Not at all.
That is what they all fucking do.
Sad
>>
>>1049449
You sound like a triggered feminist
>>
>>1049202
>whines about /r9k/
>is literally dating a tinder slut
like pottery

>>1049276
real talk

>>1049348
this
>>
>>1049457
Twice as strong as any ox
and she don't smell much better
>>
>>1046564
>women
>outdoors

womyn cant appreciate a fucking thing, especially "hardships" such as camping without a toilet. Women will only go outside the mall to the outdoors when they can get fancy photoshoots of their ass like in OP's pic.

DO NOT take women camping.
>>
>>1049557
I went hiking with one girl a couple times and was super impressed when she happily squatted behind a bush to piss. I guess shitting in a cat hole is another level above that, but at least she took the first step!
>>
>>1049563
Its awful when we are impressed by girls pissing outside on their own
>>
>>1049570
As shitty as that is it might be a good way to filter out the thots and find the great white buffalo though, right? Take her camping after a few dates and see how she handles herself, see if she's actually stronk and not tumblerina stronk.
>>
>>1049584
It is something I want to do actually, but like already stated in this thread women are fucking awful these days and not even worth dating, in many cases not even worth fucking.
>>
>>1049449
You sound like someone who doesn't recognize copypasta from a TV show, even when an image from said show is right next to the text.
>>
>>1049586
There are plenty of decent women out there. You may be looking in the wrong places.
>>
>>1048328
Often times you treat it like canoeing, you find some friends and take two cars.
>>
>>1049586
Yeah, I know. As beautiful as it might seem, I can't believe in that family life anymore.
>>
>>1049591
I've given up most human interaction for a while after a breakup, it's starting to get lonely at the 6 month mark, gonna have to find me a woman and I am dreading it. They don't have to be /out/, but I don't really have any other interests and don't spend money at places besides the Runnings and booze store, so I am at a loss.
>>
>>1047045
>>
>>1049671
>>
>>1049673
>>
File: EM.jpg (86KB, 593x595px) Image search: [Google]
EM.jpg
86KB, 593x595px
>>1049674
>>
File: Mean View.jpg (121KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
Mean View.jpg
121KB, 960x960px
>>1049676
>>
File: Sluzza Hunta.jpg (170KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
Sluzza Hunta.jpg
170KB, 960x960px
>>1049677
>>
File: kiwi girl.jpg (446KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
kiwi girl.jpg
446KB, 720x960px
>>1049680
>>
>>1049591
t. a woman
>>
>>1049676
>>1049681
nogunz here, what are they doing with those animals?
>>
File: 17.jpg (154KB, 520x392px) Image search: [Google]
17.jpg
154KB, 520x392px
>>1046564
How do girl keep vagina from filling with hotsprings water
>>
>>1049903
Positive pressure
>>
>>1049903
It's usually already full of either yeast or semen.
>>
>>1049885
Posing for photo shoots with an animal their male companion shot, killed, gutted, and most likely will pack out.
>>
>>1049903
>>>/r9k/ lmfaoo
>>
>>1049674
Link? Isn't this girl called Joe? qt as fuck
>>
>>1049885
this is an effective if messy means of transporting a gutted animal. the problem is it dumps blood everywhere, so the choice is between having bloodsoaked clothes or stripping down to carry the beast and cleaning up at the car/camp to change into relatively clean clothes
>>
>>1049885
Pikau Method of carrying out an animal. popular in NZ.

>>1049674
yeah thats Jo
>>
File: Backpack.jpg (221KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Backpack.jpg
221KB, 960x720px
>>1050283
forgot link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-D1UoTqA_yw
>>
>>1050284
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhPp_m3Kz2k
>>
File: Town and Country.jpg (88KB, 960x511px) Image search: [Google]
Town and Country.jpg
88KB, 960x511px
>>1050293
winner of the nz woman hunters scrub to pub comp a few years ago. topkek
>>
>>1049674
best girl itt
>>
I know a lot of outdoorsy-ish chicks that are pretty cool. A lot more easy going than many other girls I meet.

My main problem is asking girls out on first dates. I can't think of something without being corny. I really want to invite them on a hike or walk, but just feel weird doing it.
Wut do?
>>
>>1050339
just be yourself
>>
>>1048604
>why exactly

Because I have someone on the ground with a newcomer supervising their belaying. I find myself constantly reminding them to keep braking. In all honestly I've never taken a newcomer by myself but from what I've seen when I'm in groups I like having the extra measure of security.

>teacher student thing is not fun

I guess I stated it wrong. It's the state of mind I put myself in. I associate teaching to my work so it takes the fun out. Sure it can be fun but I'm not taking a girl to do the teacher student thing with them (yeah I know it works). Rather, I have A LOT more fun being myself and just hanging out. I'm not trying to get her into me by doing the instructor/ student routine.

Sometimes they get frustrated and that's a mood killer for me. I remember one time one of the new learners of my group got to the chains to set up the anchor and she did it in the less optimal way and when I went to clean it i made note of it and she started crying and became angry with herself. I felt like a fucking dick even though all I did was inform her that the carabiners were facing in the less than optimal direction.
>>
>>1050339
Jsut bee yirself
>>
My climbing partner is my girlfriend. I'm honestly thinking I need to find a new climbing partner because she refuses to fail and it drives me insane watching her give up without ever really trying.

I just need to befriend someone who wants to push each other to be better.
>>
>>1050377
all women are like that
they all bring you down in one way or another
she is probably fucking up other sectors of your life that you dont even notice
>>
>>1050283
>yeah thats Jo
Post her Instagram then, anon.
>>
File: 1499014369358.jpg (6KB, 238x192px) Image search: [Google]
1499014369358.jpg
6KB, 238x192px
>>1047084
>>
>>1049964
or babbies
you forgot about the babbies
>>
>>1049965
as god intended desu
>>
>>1050339
Get to know them a bit better before you ask them with you on a trip. Perhaps invite them for a conventional date first (e.g. go grab a drink together or something).
>>
>>1046833
This.

Practical women are best women.
Don't waste your time on sluts or spoiled brats.
>>
>>1050820
What part of "all women are horrible" are you not understanding?
>>
>>1050708
Babbies are very rarely actually in the vagina though. They sit above it.

And if you're worried about what else is in the vagina with the babby, she has issues and/or you should fire the doctor.
>>
Holy shit…
This fucking thread…

So either, this is an issue of
>burgerland is really as broken as all my euro jokes imply it is
or you are all (except for the 10 normal guys ITT) a bunch of autistic virgin looser spergs that have been abandoned by their mom and raped by their aunt.
Seriously, what's wrong with you people? I always thought /out/ was one of the more decent and normal boards, but this is a full on >>>/r9k/ circlejerk.
Yes, there are women/girls that are sluts and/or dislike "hardship" such as not having a restroom to redo their makeup close, or having to walk further than from the valet parking to the club door, but this is not the 99%. But yeah, with your attitude you will 100% shy away any woman that theoretically could prove you wrong. Self fulfilling prophecy and all that.
>>
>>1051045
t. woman
>>
>>1051081
t. robot mgtow omega faggot
>>
>>1051081
Nope.
>>
Let's try to keep this thread civil.
It started well.
>>
>>1051092
You're right, I apologize.

>be me, fourteen years ago, early twenties
>gf at time was really fun, painted each other with blacklight markers, hiked, camped, urbex'd, etc.
>decide to cross rail trestle to sweet woods on other side
>thrillseeking 20something self can't keep hands off gf
>end up fucking on trestle
>exhilarating because we don't know schedule and could be killed in the event of a train

Thrill 8/10
Difficulty 6/10
Comfort 2/10

Recommend, but only once for the novelty of it.
>>
File: sara underwood 3.jpg (123KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sara underwood 3.jpg
123KB, 1080x1080px
>>1046564
Heh, not very original there, OP.
>>
>>1047937
You sound like you've never talked to a women in your life.
>>
>>1051108
>She went full nigger body type
Wtf
>>
>>1051110
Good for him if he hasnt
>>
>not trusting beginner
That is a very legitimate concern. I get them acquainted with tube belaying at boulder height and gradually ramp up the height. But the risk is real.
Maybe that trust will one day claim my life...

>Teaching is work
I guess your situation is somewhat special then. I must admit that I am not a full time teacher or instructor. But I have always enjoyed (even in my private life) to explain and illustrate things to people. When you talk about 'being oneself', I must say that the 'explainer' is not far from my genuine self.
So climbing gives me the opportunity to show that part of me without being a smartarse.

>started crying
A secondary draw of climbing as a date, is that climbing incorporates many values I cherish in others as well. This becomes especially apparent if they've never climbed before.
Things like overcoming oneself, openness to new experiences, willingness to learn, being self-aware when confronted with criticism, etc. are in my experience somewhat 'revealed' when climbing.
I do not want to make it seem like I am using climbing as a screening-tool, but it incidentally has shown me people's real faces when confronted with 'extreme' conditions.
>why did she start crying?
>>
Another climber here

>>1051143
>>not trusting beginner
>That is a very legitimate concern. I get them acquainted with tube belaying at boulder height and gradually ramp up the height. But the risk is real.
>Maybe that trust will one day claim my life...
This is indeed an issue, so here is what I do:
I just climb things that I could solo anyways and rappel down, so that there is no chance for her to fuck up the lowering.
And for the off chance that I still slip on some easy stuff AND she lets go of the rope, I have her on a semi-auto anyways.
Certainly not textbook, but I feel like this is an OK solution, assuming you are OK with occasionally soloing easy stuff.
>>
>>1050339
Just be myself
>>
>>1051110
He's quoting a tv show.
>>
>>1047952
>non consensual role play.
kek
>>
>>1051157
>easy route
>abseiling
>assisted braking belay device
I understand your concern. But don't you think that is a bit excessive? Belaying (both lead and toprope) aren't difficult procedures.

If you are that concerned, I recommend you get a Wildcountry Revo. It is a fully automatic belay device and literally unfuckable. She can let go and nothing could ever happen.
Just a thought.
>>
>>1046564
Whenever I see that pic in the catalog I get the horrible urge to grab that woman by her ankles and toss her over that cliff.
>>
>>1046618
Frostbite is a hell of a thing.
>>
>>1051804
>I understand your concern. But don't you think that is a bit excessive? Belaying (both lead and toprope) aren't difficult procedures.
Yes and no.
I have been teaching belaying and lowering to a lot of folks, and once you get the hang of it, it really is not hard, but the first times catching a surprise fall or lowering someone almost always go wrong.
For a situation where I am on the ground, this is not an issue, since I always have the rope in my hand behind the person belaying (or in my device, if (s)he is a real lightweight), so the falling person will just make an extra meter and I can now explain what went wrong and how to prevent it.
But if I'm the demonstrator wheight and it goes wrong with no one around, I probably won't do much explaing after having cratered from 20 meters.

And I have not tried the revo, but I think you also have to so "something" to lower. Generally, people are really surprised about the heat lowering produces and have a hard time adjustig the speed or slowing one down, once they got too fast, again leading to the crater situation above.

My solution is certainly not optimal, but for me, it has the best risk/reward profile for a romantic first time on the rock with no crowds.
>>
>>1051843
Supreme gentleman detected.
>>
>>1046612

I have had some crazy things happen to me in my life so I usually can believe these

but im not sure about this one bud
>>
I'm either working or hiking. I ain't got time for bitches.
>>
I want a qt3.14 to travel with.

But it's hard to find one who's willing to live the vagabond lifestyle.
>>
>>1051804
hi gerbro, i recomend getting a Grigri2
>>
>>1046628
should have raw dogged it, busted a nut in her, then disappeared
>>
>>1051143
I used to love teaching but over the years something changed inside of me. I used to put all others above myself and I even sacrificed myself for the benefit of others on many occasions and it has hindered my progress in different areas of my life. Recently I've started to learn to become selfish and think about what is beneficial to me. Since the change, I've started developing a disdain for teaching others. I see it as 'work' now.

>mfw I helped others get an A in a class that I ended up failing
>mfw I ended up not being able to graduate as a mechanical engineer with only five classes left to go
>mfw learning to become selfish
>mfw this shit feels better than helping others

I'm not putting the blame on that. I've made countless bad decisions throughout my academic career but it certainly didn't help that I was always helping others. I was smart (academically) but a complete dumbass in all other aspects.

i believe that's the reason why my case is special, like you said.

>screening tool / shows real faces

i agree with your sentiments. It does show who they really are.

She started crying because she demands a lot from herself and she had been really trying to get all these things right for a while now. That was the first time she fully led a climb (placing gear and all that where before she only top ropes) and I'm not surprised she was so frustrated with herself. She wanted to prove she could do it just as good as the rest of us. It was so awkward though.

I really dislike when they just give up though. There's always more in the tank and when they refuse to try anymore, it leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

Now if i take a girl climbing, I don't hold high expectations on anything. I go in with the idea of just to have fun. Sure I'll find out some things but the end goal is just to have fun with another human bean. I want to bee myself and let the good times roll
>>
File: Screenshot_20170615-204559.png (4MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170615-204559.png
4MB, 1440x2560px
My gf and I fish and hike every weekend, she likes to dress up every now and then and go have a drink but for the most part we are outdoors.
>>
>>1052840
I can very much understand you. Being 'the good bloke' rarely seems to pay off, especially if you feel you end up getting nothing in return. Sometimes feels like the world fosters cynicism.
Just remember that (although it may seem like it) our lives rarely hinge on single factors, as you said yourself. Many factors collude to result in certain outcomes.

I have somewhat tried to reconcile my enjoyment of explaining with my cynicism by very consciously limiting my emotional and practical commitment to most causes.
When applied to climbing dates it boils down to taking a girl top-roping a maximum of 2 times. If she then
>shows intrinsic interest in the sport
>I feel I am not wasting my time or being exploited (some girls can manipulate like crazy)
>The chemistry (not only sexually) is good
>I might get a bang out of it
I might consider teaching her more.

This does not always work, but when I fail I learn and cinch down on my principles.
A few weeks back I took a girl I had known for over a year (whom I had at that point determined to be a) too loyal to bf to bang b) possibly a slightly exploitative) climbing. She started showing interest in the sport. After the second time we went climbing she wrote me asking whether I could belay her the next day. I had sprained my ankle so I wasn't able to climb. I agreed to belay her anyways. One hour before the appointment she cancelled saying she hadn't been able to sleep the night before.
By that I saw that by not strictly following these four principles I had almost let myself be exploited.
>stick to principles.
That reminded me that standing your ground (ie being a dick) is always better than being 'too nice' when it comes to girls. Girls stay with the abusive bf but not with the weakling bf.
But I digress.
>>
>>1053415
>>1052840
>crying girl
As a person who has high standards toward himself, I personally do understand her to a degree. But then again I am of the opinion that being able to contain your emotions when out with friends is an important virtue to have. Also if she thinks setting up a route (especially when it involves trad gear) is easy and worth crying over the first time you try it she is showing a supreme lack of realism and self-esteem.
Not the kind of person you want to deal with for extended periods of time.
>bail
Except if you can get a bang out of it.

>have fun first
I wish I were able to go into early dates with that attitude.
If I wanted to have a good time then I would prefer going with my climbing buddies and have a Jay afterward.
>>
>>1053418
crying sex is best sex, the japanese discovered this centuries ago
>>
Any suggestions on how I can meet someone in Arizona, specifically Phoenix? It's hot as hell outside and seems like the only things there are to do is jeep around trails or drive off 3 hours for a hike.
>>
>>1046564
I once went camping with three girls and myself. I've met some camping and hung out with them. I've also taken GFs and their friends out to camp. Generally most people are not total imbeciles out there but on occasion I've had some fussy or just totally clueless types but most of the other people hated them too.

I rarely bring it up in convo. It usually comes out in someone else wanting to go out and I'm down for it. I just try to make it a tight experience in having what we need and taking care of shit out there. Makes me feel useful. I absolutely hate those people who brag about how competent they are to just prove how stupid they really are out there and then you have to carry their ass all the way through it.

People don't usually react since I am low key about it. Most people know I fly fish and some do ask about learning but most people can barely cast a spinning rod, let alone learn all the intricacies of fly fishing. Fly fishing really ends up being a lifestyle decision because the of the amount of involvement necessary....

my discipline is ... fly fishing in semi-remote areas and son of two very experienced outdoorspeople who has been camping in the rockies since he was two. I work in geoscience but there are people out there with more relevant outdoors skills in that area of work if that's what you mean. But I can handle a rifle, swing an axe, catch a fish, read a compass, hike around reasonable distances
>>
>>1049681
why am I erect?
>>
>>1054333
because its savage. primal insticts at their finest
>>
>>1054310
You can make your way down to Yuma and kick it with me we got a river.
>>
>>1054332
I trout fish... with a spinning rod and dressed aglias. This girl I work with overheard me talking to a coworker about it and audibly scoffed. I hate all of you fly-fishing elitists, that shit hurt.
>>
fucking women and camping
>be packing not enough room
>wonder why
>two dry goods boxes
>one is half fucking full
this is just a bigger problem
one that ends with me never trusting or relying on anyone
>every fucking time
>>
File: 1489637269666.png (105KB, 557x600px) Image search: [Google]
1489637269666.png
105KB, 557x600px
>>1054489
con't
>seeing if cooler will fit
>lifting something heavy to make room
>ask grill to try and put into space
>only one space
>probably not even big enough

>where am i putting it?
MFW happy fucking anniversary
>>
>>1053138
Just stop being an huge faggot, you prude cocksucker.
>>
>>1046642
>Shit was easier when i had a girlfriend, I could not give a fuck and still meet minimum social needs

a-fuckin-men
worst part about being single by far.
>>
>>1054617
I've been going business as usual since, results have been... poor.
>>
I always forget /out/ is full of normies who get laid.

I thought going to Nepal was gonna get me laid, but it ended up almost killing me instead.

Now I'm still a virgin and didn't even finish my trek.

Can't even brag about that shit.
>>
>>1054681
Story time plox
>>
File: ha.jpg (44KB, 446x400px) Image search: [Google]
ha.jpg
44KB, 446x400px
>>1054681
>I always forget /out/ is full of normies who get laid.
I hate to break it to you, but weirdos get laid too
In fact, the only person not getting laid is you
>>
>>1048300
>I wouldn't never go sport climbing with a newcomer with it being just the two of us.
Friend of mine met his wife through a "I want a climbing buddy" ad he'd posted. On their first outing, he went way out of his comfort zone on the climb, just so he wouldn't seem a pussy in front of her. Turns out, she did the exact same thing, not wanting to be the "weak woman" who couldn't follow.
>>
>>1054681
>normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>1047041
That's not seasonal that's being unemployed
>>
>interacting with girls
>>
>>1051108
I'm going to have to check you for tics, ma'am.
>>
>>1048390
>Tramping
got any fun stories?
>>
>>1047937
Haha great sunny ref.
>>
I'm lucky my girl is Navajo and loves the outdoors just as much if not more than I do.
>>
>>1051045
I'm a non-American living in a US city with an "outdoors" culture and my experience here with women and the outdoors has been pretty negative. Even the ones that profess to love the outdoors have proven to be bad companions.

Calling this thread an /r9k/ circlejerk is a bit absurd when you consider that this sort of attitude towards women was pretty mainstream in Western culture as early as 30 years ago. It's disappeared from most media but it seems that a lot of men's opinions haven't really been changed.
>>
>>1047937
Man you are a future serial killer
>>
>>1048928

Lmao get fucked.

You might think she's awesome coz she deigns to suck on your pecker once in a while but unless she's gonna whip round and suck off the boys no one fucking wants her at the campsite.

My friends and I are in the process of organising a long weekend get away right now and I fucking guarantee my best buddy's girlfriend is going to try everything to come along just so she can be a miserable cunt and literally make sure that we don't have any fun.

Other buddy's girlfriend is great, she's a hoot. She wouldn't dream of showing up because she knows what it means to us to actually finally have time to all get to together what with our busy lives and work schedules.

I bet you're the fucking dork who'd bring his gf to a lan party and then sit there playing tonsil hockey wondering why all your buddies won't talk to you.
>>
>>1057326
>>1057326
>so she can be a miserable cunt and literally make sure that we don't have any fun.
why do they do this?
every goddamn time i fucking swear
>>
>>1057409

Perhaps it's an unsubtle (or not so much, if you have to ask) way for a clingy/jealous girlfriend/wife to try and sabotage areas of the life she isn't the direct focus, or at the least inserting herself into it when she really would rather be anywhere else.

In my groups of friends, whenever someone meets a new woman, or a new couple joins us, usually the girlfriend/wife will come once or maybe twice, and then never again. I put this down to them just making sure we aren't off to Vegas or a brothel or some shit. When they are convinced nothing shady is going on, I usually never see them again.

It's kinda funny really. Maybe the ones that keep coming, not that I've met one, keep having nightmares of their man having a Broke Back Mountain experiance.
>>
>>1048877
>>1057326
>>1057409
>>1057431
What kind of shitty gfs/wives do you guys have? Or rather, what kind of shitty dudes are you, that the females don't trust you?

In my circle of friends we have outings where we have the females with us and no one complains, and we have guys-only things, without any drama.
>>
>>1057447

I don't have a girlfriend. I ended a new relationship about six months ago because I realised that I needed to sort my shit out, and make myself financially stable, before I have a family unless I want to end up trailer trash.

I'm just sharing my experiances as one of the outsiders who has observed this is a thing. Nothing kills a gathering of like minded hobbyists like a sulking and perpetually miserable woman who sees you as the enemy, the reason why she isn't sat at home in her onesie while her husband pretends to be interested in yet another generic cop show.
>>
>>1057457

To expand, let's be honest, nothing kills any outing or gathering like ANYONE, male or female, projecting how much they would rather be anywhere else.
>>
>>1057457
>Nothing kills a gathering of like minded hobbyists like a sulking and perpetually miserable woman who sees you as the enemy, the reason why she isn't sat at home in her onesie
But that is something I have simply never witnessed. There are a few girls who are not interested in /out/ stuff I know, but they all give their guys some time off for their stuff, and some have tried it once, on a short trip, realized they don't like it, notified everyone about that in a civilized manner and "manned up" for the rest of the day and simply accepted that they can't share everything with their guy.
Most girls I know simply have different preferences and act accordingly.
>that girl afraid of crawling stuff sneaking into her sleeping bag? If we bivy without a tent, she'll just stay home.
>that girl who does not like (and does not have the stamina for) long, alpine routes? She just stays in the valley and joins the sport climbers.
>>
>>1057466
Even if they are not sulking , they still ruin the trip.
Women and /out/ just do not mix
>>
>>1057474
Or maybe (You) and women don't mix? Ever thought about that?
>>
>>1050165
>this is an effective if messy means of transporting a gutted animal. the problem is it dumps blood everywhere, so the choice is between having bloodsoaked clothes or stripping down to carry the beast and cleaning up at the car/camp to change into relatively clean clothes

makes sense until you think of the last dozen hundred of years of cross animal to human viruses and diseases comes to mind.
>>
>>1051120
wut?
>>
There are a lot of pathetic virgin incels in this thread. Jesus Christ. You retards need to get off /pol/. It's warping your brains.
>>
File: 1491835323870.jpg (103KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1491835323870.jpg
103KB, 720x960px
>>1059250
The culture is just absorbing new information and a new point of view.
This happens every few decades and you are seeing the beginning of a new era.
The fact you are here right now just puts you ahead of the curve. Remember this moment.
You were here when the world changed.
>>
>>1046564
went /out/ with 2 gurls. One was chill and nice but was her first two nigther.
The other was very nervous, smoke pot every 10 minutes, was rude and smelled awful. 5/10 mixed feels
>>
>>1046564

>tfw fiance dislikes /out/ stuff
>tfw i have to whine at him like a toddler to get him to come with me

but once hes /out/ he actually enjoys it, especially if we see any animals. Its really nice to be just you and your partner in the wilds.
>>
>>1059280
fag
>>
>>1054681

Just get an escort and continue on with your hobbies
>>
>>1047085
>anon, this place is wonderful! The air is so clean and fresh here!
>yes you're right baby
>come on, close your eyes and take a deep breath!
>Ok my love *inhales*
>*BRRRRRRRAAAAAAPPPPPPPP*
>>
>>1046575
>One thing that gets them all hot and bothered is taking them to go rappelling.

lol, my last gf nearly ended up in a wheelchair bouldering or rockclimbing on a date.. she has 7 screws in her spine and had gnarly stomach and spine scars from surgery.

I'd stick to take a grill on a day hike.
>>
>>1046606
The Subaru Forester she was driving should have tipped you off not to pursue her.
>>
File: IMHO-662.jpg (160KB, 538x725px) Image search: [Google]
IMHO-662.jpg
160KB, 538x725px
My 105lb asian wife loves to hike, never complains about anything, is quiet on the trail.

We go every other weekend, since Taiwan has some worldclass hiking trails everywhere here.

However, I been trying to convert her to /k/ since we are moving back to burgers sooner or later.

She is cool with me having a gun, but she's a bit timid of shooting herself.
Hope it goes well up at the range with her.
>>
>>1060646
Enjoy your /r/hapas kids.
>>
>>1057315
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oyvz_g5bnFc
it's because of the implication
>>
>>1060644
I always thought my ex was a lesbian, she drove a Forester, had no fashion sense, and had the lesbian stomp-walk thing going on
>>
>>1060644
She was actually riding a bicycle, touring, and I met her while I was finishing off a little 1-night bicycle tour.
>>
>>1046618
fucking kek
>>
File: FB_IMG_1499607589269.jpg (167KB, 1638x2048px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1499607589269.jpg
167KB, 1638x2048px
>>1060640
How the fuck does that happen?
If you know your gear and be mindful of redundancies, that can almost not happen.
>>
>>1047075
Fear. We see, hear, and often experience too much of the worst parts of what goes on in the world, so it's hard not to be immediately suspicious of every man. Which is an attitude that getting /out/ usually improves considerably - so it's pretty sad that so many women are too scared to try.
>>
>>1048466
>being this new
Only in the sense that men are whores too, given the only inarguable "purpose" in life is the biological imperative to procreate
>>
>>1059222

Don't pay any attention to him. He's just autistic.
>>
>>1050857
incel supreme gentleman:
>all women are horrible
>raucous applause
feminazi tumbrina:
>all men are horrible
>fuck you men are the only worthwhile humans
We're all animals with slightly varying anatomy and hormones. Jesus
>>
>>1061129
Ah fuck mobile, meant for >>1050830
>>
>>1051843
Intrusive thought? Errybody gets those, don't worry about it too much
>>
>>1059280
Fuck I wish I could convict my bf to go tramping with me. He'd probably enjoy it once he got /out/, but it'll be a cold day in hell before that happens.
>>
File: 1499868961729.gif (216KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1499868961729.gif
216KB, 640x480px
>>1061138
>wish I could convict my bf
Best freudian slip of the week!
This is what all roasties want deep down
>>
>>1061140
Lel, just autocorekt, Elliot
>>
>>1048463
>oh I don't eat meat
Universal answer right there
>>
>>1060952
I wasn't there, I really don't know. Happened before I met her.. she gave me this warning before we got naked to fuck.. scars all over the place from surgery.. it was more interesting than reading a trampstamp, but I was out after 6 months of her bullshit.
>>
>>1046622
>>1047403
I think it's satire, you know, a joke
>>
>>1061219
Well whatever happened, I guess it must have been some form of negligence on her part (or her climbing partner at the time).

How bad were the scars - a turn off?
>>
File: the_black_door.jpg (15KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
the_black_door.jpg
15KB, 400x400px
>closes door on outside
>>
>>1048750
They are only rude to you and you only hate them because you're too ugly for them.
>>
>>1053144
score
>>
>>1047937
Its the implication
>>
>>1053144
looks a little young...
>>
>>1053144
jelly of the hat, gf, and hikes
fuck you

p.s. where do i cop that sweet hat?
>>
>>1046833
This is elegant.
>>
>>1049681
Why are they doing this?
>>
>>1064005
Don't question it, just pull your pud and close the thread.
>>
>>1064005
To carry the game out of the field.

Why they are naked and covered in blood I have no idea. Maybe she tried to climb into the corpse for warmth or something.
>>
>>1063167
I think you meant to say asian
>>
>taking girl advice from 4chan
>>
>>1051110
>>1049449
>>1057315
This is very disappointing. Everyone should watch Sunny.
>>
>>1050340
Let's not jump the gun here fella
>>
File: 1476982440043.jpg (6KB, 208x138px) Image search: [Google]
1476982440043.jpg
6KB, 208x138px
>>1047937
What the fuck
>>
>>1065479
youre misunderstanding me bro
>>
>>1047266
>Incel
Get out of here with your Reddit phrases
>>
>>1065479
Whoosh
>>
>>1049677

Wow can see right up into the valley from there.
>>
File: tonyboat.gif (3MB, 368x349px) Image search: [Google]
tonyboat.gif
3MB, 368x349px
>>1046833

There it is
>>
>>1048826

You're already gay, anon, search your feelings
>>
>>1050339

Ask them to go get a drink dumb fuck

Go get a couple beers together
>>
>>1046833
pottery
>>
>>1049161
Goddamn you're sad.
>>
>>1046585
who doesn't love a good story :)
>>
>>1046564

Wife came from a family of super outdoorsy Fudds.

Hunting, camping, fishing and all that sort of stuff since she was a kid.

Had a mild boner for most of the day when she brought along her own Marlin 30-30 lever gat when we went deer hunting the first time.
>>
>>1059212
The outdoors clearly aren't for you. Just think of all the diseases you could catch.
>>
File: eb4572def859d3176a5d75c8d647102b.jpg (407KB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
eb4572def859d3176a5d75c8d647102b.jpg
407KB, 1920x1440px
>>1066646
Is that your whole argument for marriage?
If you dont do it your sad?
Seems like the most popular reason people get married actually.
Carry on.
>>
>>1067811
You're sad because you generalise 50% of the population without even having experience with the other half. You only base your opinions and convictions on things you read on the internet.
>>
File: 1492800134644.jpg (111KB, 595x837px) Image search: [Google]
1492800134644.jpg
111KB, 595x837px
>>1046585
>functional strength
>>
>>1069763
No mate, I am middle aged
I base my opinions in this matter on the fact that so many of my male friends have had their lives shattered into bits.
Paying for children they rarely see, living in hovels.
This is no joke.
>>
>>1046833
and there it is
>>
>>1060952
Jesus Christ she must shred her clit off when she masturbates
>>
>>1061170
probably not for faggy vegan reasons, she shot that herself
>>
>>1046564
Was hiking in the Trinity Alps last month and I ran across two beautiful skinny-dippers. It was the day before we broke camp and I wanted to find a pretty rock in the creek we had camped next to, because I like pretty rocks. So I'm in this creek, which is decently swift but not so cold as I'd thought it would be and I'm making my way upstream, bent over in the knee deep water staring at the water like a sperg and I hear something and look up and I see a tanned ass poking out from behind a tree. I think 'ok anon, don't miss your opportunity to find the most beautiful rock in this creek by chasing ass you'll probably not catch anyway'.
So I'm making my way up this stream and they come into full view, and they've obv seen me already, I'm a big guy. And as I get up parallel to them, I look and they're just standing on the bank staring at me, neither are dressed, and only one of them is even remotely concerned with covering herself. The one with the gigantic chest is just kind of staring (gazing) at me. Now, I'm a decently handsome fella approaching 30, and I honest to goodness think that if I hadn't been so preoccupied with convincing myself not to do anything stupid that she'd have gone along with whatever I said. She couldn't have been any older than 24, and her friend was younger than that. Girl was eyeball'n me. Felt good. She would ask me a question and I'd answer, then return my attention to the rocks and then she'd ask me another question to get my attention again. Each time I glanced up she'd be a bit more exposed. Untrimmed bush, long auburn locks, big full breasts. A heart shaped face, kinda like a walnut shell from the side, and the same color as well. I still remember her name.
>>
>>1046642
www.farmersonly.com

city folk just don't get it
>>
File: il_570xN.901862433_7uh4.jpg (246KB, 570x855px) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.901862433_7uh4.jpg
246KB, 570x855px
>>1046564
>be in sequoia national park
>doing a day hike
>step off the trail to take a piss, round a tree and come the closest I've ever been to a california brown bear
>its no more than 10 feet away from me
>in a loud whisper I call my now wife over to come see
>shes never seen a bear or anything bigger than a deer before
>we both sit there and watch this bear from 10-20 feet away for like 10 minutes, totally frozen
>it walks away
>the adrenaline of the situation starts to subside, for some reason we become super horny
>walk further off the path
>fuck at the base of one of those giant trees

Nothing like a little fear to get the juices flowing
>>
>>1047027
This, and they love nothing more than someone to call out their shit and lay down the law on their craziness. It's why beta men always struggle with women, they're too timid to fulfill this most basic psychological need.
>>
>>1047081
tough mudder doesn't count as /out/ but i appreciate the pic of a cute grill
>>
>>1075101
>kinda like a walnut shell from the side,

You have a way with words anon
>>
>>1070084
Yeah you gotta realize that marriage's original purpose is to provide a stable environment for children. It's really not for the parents at all. I think the loss of this knowledge is why modern marriages are shit and why many people get married and then find themselves to be miserable.

Marriage is great if you're getting into a traditional arrangement but "I'm a beautiful bitch and can have it all" attitudes of women towards their role in marriage while simultaneously demanding it all the same is why it's shit nowadays. I'd have never given my wife a ring without this express understanding between us, if she wants to act like a lifelong girlfriend then she'll get treated like one. If she wants to act like a wife (most women do want to, and the fact that they don't is why so many women are now on antidepressants) then she'll get treated as one the same.

Your male friends probably all had wives that were into their careers and earnestly believed in feminism, didn't they? Their wives probably had sex with multiple men before getting married to their provider figure too, I'd imagine. Modern society has ruined women for marriage so you have to find one young (still plenty of virgins at 19-20) and show her how not to be a thot from an early age. Read this: http://thefederalist.com/2016/06/06/report-to-divorce-proof-yourself-dont-have-premarital-sex/

>in b4 t-t-t-thats creepy!!!

Who cares, I'm the one happily married here with a wife that actually loves making our home into a wonderful place to live. Hey, at least you might get one of the feminist girls on campus to pity-fuck you.
>>
>>1047937
>sees image
>reads post
>doesn't realize its a joke
is everyone in this sub retarded?
>>
File: 1498505987748.png (19KB, 426x224px) Image search: [Google]
1498505987748.png
19KB, 426x224px
>>1046622
use the actual image next time
>>
File: smart boi.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
smart boi.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>1075219
>>
>>1047948 >>1048604 >>1049449 >>1051110 >>1057053 >>1057315 >>1063165 >>1065479 >>1075222

Does nobody ... y'know what? Fuck it. Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yUafzOXHPE

Jesus people.
>>
>>1047206
you sound like cormac mccarthy
>>
>>1048466
It depends on what kind of person you yourself are, anon.
>>
>>1067811
Level 5 sounds really dark, as in, black.
>>
File: 1500905442638.jpg (332KB, 663x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1500905442638.jpg
332KB, 663x1000px
>>1075101
Go on...
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.