[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alone TV show

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 7

File: alone.png (127KB, 520x179px) Image search: [Google]
alone.png
127KB, 520x179px
Is anyone watching it this season? They are now doing teams and are going back to BC, I like the BC shows cause it's kinda like where I live. I'm still not really understanding what they are doing this year.

And before someone says -----> /tv/ the mods have let us post about it before. It's actually kinda informative with life lessons like: Don't hoard your food. Don't make a boat. And last but not least, don't run around carrying sharp objects.
>>
Haven't watched a single episode but I saw a clip of s previous season and recognized a guy from bushkeker forums.

Pretty cool I guess.
>>
>>1036427
mods are fags
>>>/tv/
>>
>>1036435
>recognized a guy from bushkeker forums.
Yeah I believe they pick youtubers, kinda like Forged in Fire. Then they get humiliated for not knowing what the hell they are doing outside their backyard.
>>
>>1036460

The guy I'm talking about is some type of American religious missionary and lives in Brasil.
Gives off chill Dad vibes.
I haven't been on the forums for the better part of a decade so my memory isn't that fresh.

He had some videos on YouTube too.
Can't remember his real name for shit but the username is right on the tip of my tongue.

Been trying to remember all day.
Starting to think of it it might not be him at all and I just have his face confused with this guy.
https://youtu.be/2UFFx7Sslzs
>>
>>1036427
Anyone know where I can stream this ?
>>
what is this, like survivorman? or is it like survivorman & son?
>>
>>1036767
First three season were about lone people trying to not go crazy from hunger, loneliness and danger from whatever is at these places.
The fourth season will have people being in pairs, apparently family members.
>>
>>1036776
Not sure how I feel about the teams thing, seems like they wanted to add drama at the expense of it being a cool alone show.

I did thoroughly enjoy the behind the scenes show they did last week, was very surprised over 7500 people applied.

Think this is the season they jump the shark though, just seems over produced so far this year but we shall see.
>>
File: c4a.jpg (23KB, 600x484px) Image search: [Google]
c4a.jpg
23KB, 600x484px
>name show alone
>change it to a team based thing, eliminating one of the challenges most of the people struggle with, isolation
>>
>>1036427
The guy that made a boat using the tarp did ok, until he pussed out. He did need a better paddle though.
>>
>>1036906
>not making a spinoff caled Ateam instead of Alone.
>>
>>1036906
this
I hereby demand that they rename the show.
>>
>>1036780
Question:
Can people outside America apply?
>>
>>1036906
Good to try out for one season.
Maybe they will end up pissing each other off.
>>
When will this season start?
>>
>>1037527
They show it on Thursday.
>>
File: human-butcher-shop.png (585KB, 715x960px) Image search: [Google]
human-butcher-shop.png
585KB, 715x960px
>>1037523
>Maybe they will end up pissing each other off.
or other things.
>>
>>1037661
They just want the tension of one of them wanting to leave and the other one trying to stay.
>>
>>1037518
Won't bother me none
>>
>>1037518
Canadians were on it. But that might be some goofy law they have because it was filmed in BC.
>>
>>1036776
The first three seasons were more like "give people shit living places unless they're female, then literally hand them everything on a silver platter and trump them up as somehow better than the men even though none of them made it the whole time without severely injuring themselves in a stupid and fully preventable fashion"

I gave up on it after they parked the first chick on a sandy beach that had an already-made massive rock fish trap clearly visible while they stuck the other 3 guys in the middle of a desert, then she nearly chopped a finger off on the second night.
>>
>>1038274
So your complaint is that a reality show is too realistic?
>>
>>1038274
>parked the first chick on a sandy beach
They said it was the luck of the draw where they got to make shelter.
>>
>>1036776
so what,

>NOT alone?

sounds fucking lame.

and great, back to the same place where they can't hunt again. total BS.
>>
>>1037518
There was a Spanish guy on it iirc, though I think he was a Canadian citizen.
>>
>>1036760

Yeah, here,
http://www.tvmuse.com/tv-shows/Alone_39726/

and here,
http://www.primewire.ag/watch-2764402-Alone-online-free

If you pick an episode on tvmuse scroll down to the comments marked as spam and "click here to show" to see the links. The vidzi.tv and streamin.to links seem to work best, but you should use an ad-blocker like uBlock Origin whenever accessing streaming sites, and a tracker-blocker like Privacy Badger too.

https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock#installation

https://www.eff.org/privacybadger
>>
>>1038592
Not him, but thanks famalan.
>>
>check episode 0
>people cutting themselves again
It's like a curse or something.
>>
>>1038293
Luck of the draw... nigger please
>>
I knew those "blacksmith" hipster looking kids wouldn't last long but 2 fucking hours? Really?? Also hating the hiking portion of it, it's like watching the Blair witch project without all the production values.
>>
>>1038293
>15 possible locations
>14 of them are ultra shitty
>1 of them is fucking paradise that has all the hard work done for it (the man-made fish trap)
>the ONE female on the entire show gets the super good spot
Bullshit. They were blatantly grooming her to be the winner. And she fucked it up by hurting herself in a retarded and preventable way.
>>
>>1039290
There were 3 females in that season though
>>
One team chose a bar of soap as one of their items, that seems wasteful. A sharpening stone or extra tarp might have been better.

Here's the gear list from the previous seasons, it's not updated for Season 4 yet.

http://www.bestbugoutgear.com/alone-gear-lists-what-would-you-choose/
>>
The entire appeal of the show was the comfy aloneness and no drama from other people being around.

Dropped.
>>
>>1039343
My list:

1 - swiss army knife
2-10 - rations
>>
>>1038274
>I gave up on it after they parked the first chick on a sandy beach that had an already-made massive rock fish trap clearly visible
Are you talking about Callie?
I agree that she was given preferential treatment but I don't care because she was my favorite.
>>
I was a little concerned they changed the show but I like it. They have 2 people and one gets dropped off to make the camp and the other person is dropped about 10 miles away and has to find the other person with just a compass with a heading marked on it. The forest is thick as hell, ask anyone in the PNW, and so far one team quit. I thought it was pretty good.
>>
>>1036427
I know one of the characters on this season, Brad.
>>
>>1036427
>show is 40 minutes
>takes them 3-4 episodes to properly introduce everybody
>show every footage twice
> once before and after commercial break
>almost only show the psychological effects of being alone
>barely show the process on how to build stuff

Good concept but producers, editors and all other fags that stayed behind in civilization just raped the show.
>>
>>1039308
She was the prettiest
>>
>>1039285
It was more than two hours, but still... I didn't know you could fuck up more than negro in season 2.
>>
File: download (9).jpg (5KB, 156x160px) Image search: [Google]
download (9).jpg
5KB, 156x160px
>going home after a few hours just because you hurt your ankle a little
>>
>>1040712
Yep, what the fuck, even bear wrestler had better reason.
>>
>>1039434
No, it was season 2. Mary Kate Green I think.
>>
>>1040712
>>1040787
That was one of the reasons I liked the new way they are doing it, up to now. "I hear a helicopter, it's landing.... I hear a bunch of people walking towards me. What's up guys??" "Your brother tapped out" The look on that guys face was priceless. His quitter brother will never live that down especially when he is on camera hating being there more than ankle pain.
>>
File: alone1.webm (3MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
alone1.webm
3MB, 720x404px
>>1040403
>I know one of the characters on this season, Brad.
show out takes
>>
>>1041046
Laff

He said the whole thing was fucking miserable and Vancouver island is a hellhole
>>
>>1041209
>wasn't in even a day
>calls it a hellhole
What a faggot.
>>
>>1041262
To be fair it was the other guy that quit.
>>
>>1041265
They're both faggots.
>"muh outdoorsmen"
>"muh meme knives"
>one of them sprained ankle a little and quits like a little bitch before his brother arrives
>other considers dense forest a hell

Even I wouldn't give up that quickly and I barely do any /out/ stuff.
HALF MOTHERFUCKING MILLION DOLLARS.
In my country average Joe won't make that much in their lifetime.
>>
>>1041272
What euro shithole do you live in that most people won't make the equivalent of $10,000USD a year on average?

I mean shit, that's below part-time minimum wage here, and less than half the poverty line.
>>
>>1041339
Poland.

Minimal monthly wage (before taxes) - 2000 PLN = 531,70 USD.
After taxes, medical and pension stuff, you're left with 1464,48 PLN = 389,33 USD

Average monthly wage is about 4 391PLN = 1167,35 USD
After taxes it's about 3046,57 PLN = 809,93 USD.
Take into consideration that average wage is quite inflated by well earning bosses and similar high-sitting folks.

Taking average wage after taxes:
809,93 * 12 = 9719,16 per year, let's assume $10,000
It's $100,000 in ten years

Apparently your prize is cut in about half due to takes, leaving with ~$250,000.
So yeah, doable for middle class(25 years), apparently, but lower class is screwed here, at least there is some social i medical security.
Now we apparently got about milion of Ukrainians due to whole war, so I expect for minimal wage to not get much better due to overabundance of workers.

Yeah, I just autismed a bit, sorry.
>>
>>1041417
>Apparently your prize is cut in about half due to takes, leaving with ~$250,000.
I won some money gambling and they take about 1/3, you fill out a 1099 form and they take the tax out right there for you. But then when you do your taxes you have to put the leftover money down as income then you end up paying a shit load in taxes and I also got a fine . So $107,000 turned into $86.000 and I had to pay about $6000 in taxes and had around a $150 fine.
>>
Bump. This is on tonight.
>>
>>1043816
I'm glad they gave up on hiding the locations of the players. Like Season 1, you can tell from the transitions where everyone is again so it feels more authentic.
>>
>making them hike 10km through a dense, rocky rain forest with inconsitent terrain

They are going to be down to 2-3 teams before they even meet up. Nothing like demoralizing a person than making them walk through that hell. They'd be better off setting up camp at the first good coastal site, and trying to join up with their partner later.
>>
>>1043909
Some teams have it worse than others. The lucky ones get to traverse an area criss-crossed by logging roads and clear cuts.
>>
I'm actually starting to like the way they did this. It's just funny when some guy is smashing through the woods and hears a helicopter "I wonder what the helicopter is doing" So far you could tell that the person who's partner quit is pissed.
>>
>>1036780
I can tell you why they added teams. The whole show devolved into "whoever started out with the most body weight and didn't get hurt first or pussy out wins"

At least now they can split duties. I hated the idea at first, but I honestly think they should do several teams of five.
>>
>>1036916
Risking your life to get into a boat just to prove that you didn't waste your time and calories. Naw, dude let his ego take him down.
>>
>>1037527
It's already on, you can watch it on the history channel website if you're American, or just steal it like I do so I don't have to worry about old episodes getting locked before I can watch them.
>>
>>1040654
I laughed so hard.
>>
Just started watching this show. Season 1 was good. Guy I wanted to win won.

Is season 2 as bad as it looks like its going to be? Are SJWs in charge of finding the contestants? A black guy who thankfully quit after 30 minutes when he saw bear shit (wasn't he bragging to his home boys about how he was gonna kill bears and wear their pelt?), a fat tranny, a lesbo, and a bunch of hipster looking hippies...... At this point I'm rooting for the milf.

Is season 3 better or more SJW crap?
>>
>>1044364
oh I forgot the literal cuck sniper
>>
>>1044364
So far it seems like everyone you think is going to be a huge pussy turns out to in fact be a huge pussy. I'm sure next season they'll put some "life partners" together in order to be "inclusive". Then when they don't win, the whole show will be denigrated in the news cycles about how the show only picks strong males to win and makes women, trans, blacks, look bad.

The show will then be canceled due to "financial" issues, and we can go back to pretending that everyone is made equal.
>>
>muh son is about to became a man!
>{son pussying out intensifies]
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
That fucking kid, Jesus.
>>
>>1044374
>That guy who just fell down at ending
The fuck?

Btw. Those tiny islands at beginning of 5th day were cute and comfy as fuck.
>>
>that one kid who look like Tara from The Walking Dead.
top lel
>>
File: 1422132704985.jpg (81KB, 419x480px) Image search: [Google]
1422132704985.jpg
81KB, 419x480px
>>1044374
>shelter is literally just a tarp sloppily thrown over a strung up parachord
if they met eachother, the dad would have carried his ass so hard
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.