[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I assume some of us here do bare minimum farming on our land

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: amish-country-lodging-41.jpg (54KB, 925x617px) Image search: [Google]
amish-country-lodging-41.jpg
54KB, 925x617px
I assume some of us here do bare minimum farming on our land to qualify for ag tax breaks and such, usually meaning we have to make 1k-3k a year in gross income. Usually while having a full time job as well.

I've been haying my land and raising a few hogs in the spring to meet the requirements for the past 2 years. But I've legitimately been looking into making a profit as a small farm for a while now and most things on the surface seem pointless.

Does anyone have any experience or ideas on how a smaller operation could make some real side income farming ~20-50 acres while still having a full time job?
>>
>>1003978
see
>>1003973
>>
call local upscale resturaunts and ask if they are buying local organic ingredients.

mushrooms, herbs, spices, certain hard to find meat like pheasant etc...
>>
>>1003978
What's the land requirement for this? I only have an acre
>>
>>1004241
google "farm tax exemption (your state)"
>>
pizza
>>
>>1004550
what?
>>
>>1004607
sell pizzas and advertise them as certified organic 100% hand made from local ingredients and claim you are one sixteenth cheeroke or something so you can say it is a native american heritage product.

make heirloom sauce goatcheese venison sausage pizza with morell mushrooms and organic basil
>>
>>1004629
thanks
>>
OP, you gotta give us some more...

If you're willing to ship things, then there are lots of options. But if you only want to sell to locals, then figure out what they're buying. Produce is out unless you feel like working. Animals are good. Meat's not too hard, genetics can make more money. Dairy is too much. Fleece products can work.
>>
>>1005199
i can pretty much do anything as long as it isnt going to require more than 4 hours of work a day.

shipping is fine, plenty of expierence on ebay.
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 262x192px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 262x192px
>>1004629
>>
>>1003978
Cannot wait.

10 acres of land.

Plant corn.

Anon Corn LLC.

Tax breaks

Deer is eat corn. Guess i will shoot it in the face and string him up in my custom cold closet to skin.

Turn 360 degrees and walk away.
>>
>>1003978
Vegatable co-op. Your primary source of revenue comes from membership fees of people who want to harvest their own produce grown on your acreage.

Failing that, Christmas tree farm.
>>
>>1005802
why get an llc? It doesnt protect you from anything but creditors collect debnts.

not to mention its like 500 a year +300 dollar filing fee where I am.
>>
>>1005814
gay, i dont want a bunch of hoppies on my property.
>>
Was legitimately considering starting up a small (3-10 acre) homestead, supplemented by my online programming and web design work. What states are recommended for it that are affordable, viable, and aren't boring in terms of /out/ potential? Was thinking the Cascadia area, Montana, Michigan, or Virginia. But I don't really know shit about prices.
>>
>>1003978
The trick is that you've gotta find a niche. Is there some barely known about grain or type of produce that you can charge hipster faggots out the arse for? Is there a peculiar method of farming you can get in to that isn't already happening in your area?

Find it an exploit it. There's riches in the niches.
>>
>>1003978
Hey mate.

Australian farmer here.
Dont listen to the others. All you need is a rotation of your current hay and cattle (not pigs). Grow hay during winter (harvest) and with the moolah buy a herd of yearling steers. Fatten them up and sell them mid autumn. Just in time for the hay to grow again. Save your money and repeat the process.
>>
>>1005776
tfw started playing EVE online just to feel the essence of ancapistan
(unrelated but felt obligated)
>>
>>1004629
Anaon is hero of this innerwebz thred. Have a you.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.