[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT - Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 312
Thread images: 55

File: SQT.jpg (116KB, 685x685px) Image search: [Google]
SQT.jpg
116KB, 685x685px
A place to ask all your short automotive related questions.

>ProTip - A simple Google search may actually answer your question.

Also go through the thread and look for questions that you may know an answer to.

Previous Thread hit rev limiter - >>17825798
>>
File: wheel color.png (2MB, 2560x807px) Image search: [Google]
wheel color.png
2MB, 2560x807px
???
>>
>>17846848
Well, black looks good to me. White doesn't look that good but if it was silver(i believe that's the original stock color), it'd had gone well with it. Keep it black or stock.
>>
File: My T4R.png (2MB, 1280x807px) Image search: [Google]
My T4R.png
2MB, 1280x807px
>>17846853
Stock is peeling, which is why I'm looking to paint it. I agree though; new they look great.
>>
>>17846848
stock best but black
>>
File: 1504963611669.jpg (103KB, 1418x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1504963611669.jpg
103KB, 1418x1500px
Does anyone know this brand of paint ?
Btw, I'm in France, which brand of primer do you recommend ?
>>
Please spoon feed me on what's better to get coilovers for lowering get springs
Basically I want to Lower my car not slam it and keep or increase the shock absorption
>>
What are the minimum tools, supplies, needed for basic maintenance of a car?
>>
>>17846885
Tire pressure checker/gauge, basic spanner or tools that come with the car, etc that's all.
>>
>>17846885
Socket wrench with basic socket set, spark plug socket, breaker bar, torque wrench, jack/ramps, jackstand, tire pressure gauge and compressor.
>>
File: 1504732034269.png (671KB, 526x842px) Image search: [Google]
1504732034269.png
671KB, 526x842px
Got a question for Britfags/motorbikefags

I have a Category B dirivng license. With that comes a Categroy AM (moped) license, which is only activated after you have done a CBT.

If I do a CBT, I will have a full AM license. Does this mean that I could drive up to 50cc with license plates forever, or would I have to do my CBT every 2 years.

Asked my local CBT place and they gave me 2 different answers.
>>
>>17846823
pls?
>>17834306
so if i buy a roller in NY, as long as i have the title in hand, i can just let the chassis sit and not have to worry about registering/transferring until it's a running car?
>>
How reliable or unreliable are Audi and Lexus? Looking to get a nice used car but I don't want to be in a repair shop or spending thousands on it a year. Was looking st BMWs but hearing polarizing things about them are turning me away.
>>
File: Dacia-Sandero-Exterior-Image-01.jpg (182KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Dacia-Sandero-Exterior-Image-01.jpg
182KB, 1920x1280px
>>17847900

Lexus is like the old school Mercedes. Most of the time reliable af, but when something does eventually break...uhh, prepare your anus.

Audi is sorta ok but it's crammed with technology these days and there is a lot of shit that can and will break down. Also, avoid the diesel engines as modern day diesels are particularly shit, on every manufacturer ( thank you gubment emission regulations ).

If you want comfort but you can live with a boring af car, go for the Lexus. If you want something sporty but not so reliable, go for Audi.

Mercedes has been going strong the past few years. Have a look at them. They really nailed it with the C Class.
>>
File: 8b32414s-960.jpg (61KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
8b32414s-960.jpg
61KB, 800x533px
I bought a one-owner 1990 E34, the car is in immaculate condition but the original radio does not work.
When I turn it on the display shows 4 lines ( [- - - -] ) and there are loud cracks from the speakers whenever I move the volume button.
I swapped in a new head unit but I want to fix the old radio so I can keep the OEM look.
Tips how to repair the unit? Pic related
>>
2011 Sentras. How good are they? What are the common issues? Don't care about performance, just reliability.
>>
File: 20170803_174317.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170803_174317.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>17846878
Lowering springs:
>cheaper
>require shock absorber upgrade or else the higher spring rate will blow your stock shocks in a few k miles
>require spring compressor to install
>longer install time
>not height adjustable

coilovers:
>more expensive
>one piece construction means easy install, just bolts on
>Usually height adjustable

that said, I have lowering springs and adjustable shocks (tokico white) on my car and I love it. It's lowered just enough to get rid of the monster truck ride height. It handles great and the shocks are fun to tune. One day I'd like coilovers though, I want it lower

pic is stock vs lowered on springs
>>
>>17847995
Seems like if you need a bunch of extra shit for the springs anyway you may as well just get the coilovers and have an easier installation and more customizability.
>>
>>17846823
Might buy a W204 c63 next year. Is there any known major problems with the model other than it being the douche c63?
>>
>>17848017
I'd have to agree with you. The previous owner had the shocks and springs installed at a shop actually, the bill was quite a bit. Coilovers can be done with a breaker bar, a ratchet and some sockets. And maybe a pry bar.
>>
I have a large amount of wasps in my kitchen and i can't call the exterminator because it's in the middle of the night, what do i need to do to before i gas the bastards with my car?
>>
>>17848087
They make bug bombs.
>>
>>17846823
Should I buy a Giulia non Quadrifoglio?

>memes need not apply

I'm in Europe
>>
So I got a mustang recently. I notice that sometimes when I go around corners it feels almost like I'm drifting, like the wheels are skidding or losing traction or something. I'm not even going particularly fast or anything. The tires are new so I know they're not bald. Is there something I can do about that?
>>
>>17848161
>feels like the tires are losing traction
They're probably not believe me if you were taking a corner fast enough for them to lose traction your car would be spinning/leaving skid marks
What your probably feeling is the lateral g-forces acting on your car making it feel like the body is swaying thus simulating the feeling of the back end swinging out
>>
>>17848161
Sidewall flex probably
>>
>>17848126
if you plan to have it as your daily driver, absolutely don't.
>>
>>17847900
>Was looking st BMWs but hearing polarizing things about them are turning me away.
Most of that is bullshit honestly. You have some guy who buys a 130k mile bmw that was completely trashed and never maintained and then they bitch to no end how unreliable all bmw's are. It's fucking comical how stupid people are with this brand. Tell me exactly what type of car you're looking for and where you live and I'll find you some good examples that will last a long time if properly maintained.
>>
>>17848313
Why, are you scared of the reliability? I'm sure the new ones are okay tho.
>>
>>17848297
I literally hear screeching and like a bump bump bump sort of feeling. Sometimes happens if I gas it too hard from a standstill too (without the lateral movement ofc).
>>
>>17848360
See
>>17847346
>>
>>17846823
test drove two 2015 ford focus hatchbacks today, one smelled like piss and the other smelled like a dirty gerbil cage

do they just smell like animals or was it pure coincidence?
>>
>>17848808
Just sniff your average Furd driver and you'll have your answer.
>>
>getting a feel for car I bought
I pulled my hand break at an intersection to lock up my rear wheels and slide a bit, and didn't counter-steer. The car went more sideways than I thought it would, and at the end of the turn and slide, I was traveling straight, and I didn't have to turn the wheel to correct the direction of travel.

Does that mean I might've pulled the hand break too hard and or for too long? Does it mean I might've pulled the hand break too late? Does it mean that I might have turned in too hard?
>>
>1996 gmc sonoma
>manual transmission, 2.2 I4
>passed CA smog but mechanic says "vacuum leak"
>runs OK but makes a kind of guttural/death-rattle noise under acceleration

wut do? just start looking for bad hoses and replacing them?
>>
File: DSC_0115.jpg (804KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0115.jpg
804KB, 1920x1080px
Looks like my tires shitty valve stem core got the best of me. I think it's been like this the whole week. Is the tire fubard?
>>
I have a leaky power steering rack end seal in my 2005 9-2X Aero/WRX Wagon, its still a slow leak. I'm too cheap/lazy to change a rack in my daily driver (already did it on my E36 and didn't enjoy it) and check my fluids regularly anyways.

What's the best power steering stop leak? Any experience using them?

Can I run Valvoline Maxlife Power Steering Fluid or does it have to be Dexron ATF?
>>
>>17848339
>properly maintained

With BMWs you either get

>a autist that replaced everything that was close to wearing out preventively, he'll charge you out the nose for the car
>a normie that didn't give two fucks about the car and just ran it into the ground doing only oil changes, aka 90% of BMW owners

The real problem with BMWs is how bad the plastic/rubber is on these cars. I've owned plenty of older cars and the rubber/plastic/glue on 1990s BMWs is horrible in terms of long-term quality. Its somehow worse than my Turbo Subaru that has a steaming hot engine bay to cook everything. Its also why the interiors just fall apart after 5-10 years (like delaminating door cards and headliners on E34/E36s)

And BMW engineering makes some bad decisions, stuff you'll NEVER run into with any Japanese car:

>Lets save a few pennies by not adding enough metal on the suspension points for the floor (rear trailing arm/shock towers/subframe for E36 and Z3, rear subframe for E46, shock towers on Minis, etc).

>Plastic cooling components EVERYWHERE

>Batteries need the dealer to reprogram the ECU and tell it the CCA of the aftermarket battery on E92s and newer for its "smart charging" system

>Water pump issues from 1984 (E28/30) to 2017 (F30s)
>>
Are these reputable online vendors?

http://www.performancechiptuning.com/
https://www.carid.com/

Which one of these should I get, and why?

https://www.amazon.com/Innovative-Performance-Programmer-Mitsubishi-Eclipse/dp/B00WFHUS4O

http://www.performancechiptuning.com/Stage+1+Performance+Chip+OBDII+Module/19/

https://www.carid.com/jet/v-force-plus-performance-module-mpn-67023.html?singleid=13545543&url=1301608
>>
My cars lights dim/brighten quickly sometimes when I slow down with the brakes. They will also dim and brighten pretty noticeably when at a standstill if I rev up and down, is this normal or is my alternator on its way out?
>>
are 2007 volvo c30 2.0d good cars? How fun are they?
>>
>>17849400
fuck carid. i ordered a set of front and rear calipers sept 1, only got the rears and never got the fronts. the fronts were supposed to come in the same box as the rears but someone at their warehouse fucked up and i still havent got them
>>
File: Screenshot_20170909-211554.png (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170909-211554.png
1MB, 1080x1920px
How can i test this? Got it free and im selling it. The buyer wants to make sure all 4 channels work, and ive never messed with amps before. Want to make sure its good before we meet
>>
File: 2010rabbit.jpg (57KB, 626x382px) Image search: [Google]
2010rabbit.jpg
57KB, 626x382px
What does /o/ think of a 2010 Volkswagen Rabbit? I'm getting it for free since my sister is moving countries but how will I be perceived as a 6'4 white guy driving this car?
>>
>>17849868
vapelord
>>
wtf size tire to i use for 14x9 wheels?
>>
>>17849853
Whats the easiest way to check it i what i meant. I dont have access to a speaker, power supply, cables and wire, etc. I just want a quick check, like sticking a multimeter into the ports or something
>>
How can I stop being poor?
>>
>>17849911
Work long, work hard, work smart.
>>
>>17849868

Had a 2011 GTI, I'm 6'4 with long legs, it's comfy AF for tall people who cares what others think
>>
>>17849868
i wouldn't be too concerned about how tall you are, just the fact that this car is vape tier.
>>
>>17849417
Odds are its the voltage regulator, they tend to go out first. On some alternators the regulator is inseparable from the alternator though.
>>
>>17849853
>>17849896

You're asking the wrong board, /g/ might help but I doubt it they're even more useless than we are, find a car audio board.
>>
>>17848339
I live in central NY, so I don't have a lot of options around me private or dealership. I'm really just looking for something with a premium feel that won't rape my wallet in 6 months for under 20k, the cheaper the better though.
Like I found a nice bimmer and audi at this fairly reputable dealership around an hour and a half away. If you're still here I'd love to get some input

https://bmw.keeler.com/used/BMW/2011-BMW-5+Series-latham-ny-c43fc8920a0d0cc742fbd3bf9f7ba72b.htm

https://bmw.keeler.com/used/Audi/2014-Audi-A4-latham-ny-0785d7980a0e0ae7682674b879f28076.htm
>>
>>17850486
Yeah I'm here, well it's good you're working with a decent budget so you don't need to settle for something super high mileage.

The 2011 bmw 535i is a great choice because this is when they transitiononed away from the problematic N54 engine to the new solid N55 engine. The N55 is much more reliable and nearly all of the problems of the previous gen turbo I6 have been resolved. If you care about driving feel, handling and fun I would totally go for the 535i.

That being said, it's naturally going to sip a little more gas than the 2.0 audi, but the difference isn't going to be that noticeable.

Get the 535i and get extended warranty just to be safe. It's not essential because like I said these newer turbo I6's are reliable. That is my advice man.
>>
File: brake troubleshooting.gif (73KB, 722x933px) Image search: [Google]
brake troubleshooting.gif
73KB, 722x933px
TL;DR sinking brake pedal, everything short of the ABS seems to be in order. Could long-time non-functional ABS system suddenly cause a brake pedal that just sinks to the floor as if there was a failed master cylinder?

Longer version: Don't have much info, and I didn't get to see the problem besides pressing the pedal at idle a few times and checking that the brake fluid was at proper level, which it was even after days of driving

It's a diesel pickup, 2009 model, and has about 150k miles. Brake pedal sinks to the bottom after say 2-3 seconds of constant pressure, and returns quickly and normally, as if the master cylinder was FUBAR. Lifelong family mechanic, however, says he checked everything, and found nothing wrong, he recommended we go with official chebby dealer to check ABS

ABS system itself is a one-channel, has been non-functional for at least 3 years, if not because of a disconnected/broken speed sensor, because of an unplugged connection somewhere inside the clusterfuck that is the dashboard. Had intermittent on/off issues, it being oversensitive/had issues in the speed sensor already, so it was disconnected and then given no fucks about

I'm thinking, a stuck valve or something of the sort in the ABS system? Haven't heard of it going off while this happens, but I can think of little else to blame, if in fact everything that's supposed to build the fluid's pressure is doing so like the mechanic said
>>
just moved to a new city, how do i make friends?
>>
I know nothing about cars... I read something some time ago and still trying to wrap my head around it. It had to do with the reliability of the transmission and the engine depending on the weight of the car.

So for example, if you (somehow) matched a motorcycle engine to a car with the cars stock transmission, would the engine be more prone to failing than if it operated in its original vehicle, the motorbike? If so, why? I think the answer is "because it doesn't have enough torque", but what does this mean exactly? Do you need certain torque figures for certain weights?

Does that also mean a motorcycle engine (or any engine, for that matter) is more prone to failing the more people are mounted on a vehicle?
>>
File: s-l1000[1].jpg (42KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1000[1].jpg
42KB, 640x480px
Are there any mods I can have put in that make it easier to Heel-Toe?

My gas pedal is not only small but rests deeper in and further away from the bake, making it tricky to perform even with big feet.

On the streets I can just take my foot off the brake to blip but I expect to find that unacceptable when I start tracking
>>
>>17851332
An engine (and transmission when applies), be it that it propels a car, truck, bike, boat, or airplane, needs some "breathing room" because when it operates near it's limit, you're asking a lot from all those metal, plastic and rubber parts, so the more "overbuilt" an engine is, the more it'll last, but overbuilt means weight and cost, and possibly complexity (which means more cost)

You can see this clearly in boat engines: they're VERY heavy for the power they make. They can weigh as much as a car, and make about as much power as your Chebby V8. They are, however, designed to be at a high percentage (say 3/4) of their maximum output/power for days at a time. Doing that in a car or bike would likely kill it, but they can't afford to have engines as heavy as that, and don't really need them anyway, since you rarely go full throttle for more than a few seconds at a time

Transmissions are a sort of delicate balance, too. Clutches especially, since they're wear items like brakes. Carrying more weight means they wear out even quicker, so a truck that carries sand all day long will eat it's clutch (and brakes, and will need more rigorous service) compared to an identical one that carries styrofoam or mattresses. Likewise, the same engine/transmission will likely last more when put in a car than in a heavier, less aerodynamic SUV

Of course, there are engines and transmissions that can take a beating without complaining, and others that operate "on the edge" out of the factory already. Depends on many factors like quality of materials, how much time was spent engineering the thing, if it's cooled properly, if the manufacturer actually wants it to last or if it wants it to break down as soon as the warranty expires, etc

Hope it's clear enough?
>>
>>17847900
Stay far far away from audi. A friend of a friend is a audi mechenic who heavily recommends to stay away. One horror story: customer brought in a car because some warning light was on. Turns out it was some microchip that went bad that was inexplicably located under the drivers seat. In order to replace it the seat needed to be removed and all the carpet/ lining etc. But in order to resolve the issue this same work had to be done to all 4 seats, because the electronics wont work unless all 4 chips match. It was like 10k for some stupid bullshit.
>>
File: silvia.jpg (20KB, 280x210px) Image search: [Google]
silvia.jpg
20KB, 280x210px
thinking about buying an s13 silvia. It looks to be in decent condition and hasnt been beat up. What am i getting myself into?
>>
File: my fucking face when.gif (1MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
my fucking face when.gif
1MB, 300x225px
>>17852257
I want to call bullshit on that story, but I can believe it. Can I have some more info, for extra keks?

Any details as to the car model and the microchip itself? Or what was the job that had to be done? I mean, what exactly happened that required something like that to be replaced anyway?

I bet it was a seatbelt pretensioner or some such thing
>>
>>17852304
A life of loneliness and pedophilia
>>
>>17852765
Nah I believe him dude, I had something similar happen with a seat occupancy sensor in my bmw, required opening up the seat, replacing it and reupholstering. However bmw was really good about this and replaced it for free out of warranty. The sensor wasn't linked to the other ones though pretty sure that's just audi-tism
>>
>>17853043
I believe the story too, it's juts kinda...why. I want to know why. Why the fuck did they do that

On the BMW, that's a lot better not having to replace seat, although re-upholstering does seem a bit unnecessary, even if it's a sensor that I imagine rarely goes bad

Why not just make a sensor that can be replaced with a simple
>Pull out x tab or whatever
>Undo color-coded, only-goes-one-way BMW electrical plug that thankfully comes printed with part number, date and place of manufacture, and name, date of birth and most personal info of supervising agent present during that specific batch
>Plug new sensor, position properly in pre-formed recess or whatever secures it
>Snap x tab or whatever on again

I know I expect too easy serviceability, but it's the maintenance-fag in me that just wants things to f'kin work as they should without any setbacks
>>
>>17853101
I'm thinking it has to do with manufacturing procedure. I guess having the sensors implanted into the bottom of the seat makes the production process cheaper.

I get what you mean about wanting things placed in easy to reach spots so you can fix it. Thankfully fixing anything under the hood is like that, it's surprisingly easy to maintain myself. These Germans are really rational when it comes to the engine but sort of batshit crazy when it comes to electronics and sensors.
>>
>>17849292
please respond
>>
File: Goddamnit Hans.jpg (122KB, 468x309px) Image search: [Google]
Goddamnit Hans.jpg
122KB, 468x309px
>>17853127
>These Germans are really rational when it comes to the engine but sort of batshit crazy when it comes to electronics and sensors.

Wouldn't really say that with water pump impellers made of plastic (and so many other bits, really)

In general, though, yeah, they love their technowizardry

Pic very much related
>>
Are there better/worse brands/websites for buying badges? Someone debadged a stock badge and i want to put it back on...
>>
>>17853147
Oops, sorry. Driven it like that? Has it been sitting in that same spot for a long while?

My greatest worry, if it didn't completely collapse and the rim didn't touch the tire, is it has a sort of "flat spot" where the tire isn't round, and when driving it's noticeable. Try getting a new valve stem, inflate to proper pressure, and gently drive it to see how it behaves. Maybe it'll recover over time, I had that happen once, though in my case the tire had quite a lot more sidewall, and it likely wasn't quite as stiff as yours

Overall should be ok, but if when you drive it, do it slowly and gently first, and do a thorough visual inspection before, too
>>
I forgot what i was going to ask, just give me an answer anyways.
>>
>>17853197
Not driven, no, and I believe it was like that since maybe monday or tuesday, or at least getting to that point depending on how quickly it leaked.
>>
Rwd, 4 disk brakes.... Are all brakes enguaged equally and at the same time? So the front and the back should wear evenly and be replaced at the same time?
>>
>>17853208
Well, like I said, should be ok if the rim didn't bite into the rubber. Tires are so very important though, so do check it out well, and drive gently

>>17853217
In theory, yes

Any drivetrain, be it AWD, FWD, RWD, and any brake configuration should have all 4 brakes wear at the same rate, so you do brake maintenance/replacement all at once. Doesn't always happen, and improperly adjusted, worn or rusty brakes will make the theory go out the window
>>
Looking for something to have more road fun in. I've always been an SUV driver, but I don't offroad or anything. Just have a few questions about where to start.

Is buying a new(er) car objectively better than a 90's/early 2000's? I love the aesthetic of that period over current cars, but I feel like I'll be dumping money into it to keep it going.

How is the veloster turbo? I like the look, but curious how it compares to similar cars in its price range.

How much HP is ample to have fun on the street? I don't need a 400hp drag racer, just something to make windy roads fun. I know suspension, tires, and weight play into that, but I'm more curious about the engine range. 200-250?

Finally, can any car be made faster? Could I just slap a turbo on a 170hp beater to add power? Upgrade the current turbo on a car? Or do i need to do a full engine swap for something like that?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to get as much info as I can
>>
For someone trying to get into driving stick, I'm mostly afraid of stalling. How low to revs have to get to stall out? Do I have to go into neutral to coast?
>>
File: 17-m6g-gt-46g-machine-gray-0004.png (352KB, 1000x498px) Image search: [Google]
17-m6g-gt-46g-machine-gray-0004.png
352KB, 1000x498px
Thoughts on the Mazda 6? Thinking of getting one fully-loaded. Liking the radar cruise control feature
>>
>>17853150
Eh every 80k miles I need to change them out, costs $350. It is stupid that they didn't use more resilient rubber and plastic though.

>>17853198
Yo
>>
>>17853217
No the front is used for up 75% of braking at highway speeds and 100% at low speed braking and will almost always wear faster.
>>
>>17853424
revs have to drop below idle for it to stall, you only have to coast in neutral if you are going 1-2mph and your 1st gear is too short
>>
>>17853373
>How much HP is ample to have fun on the street?
In a Miata, or a Corvette, or a Ram 2500?
See? Depends too much on weight, available traction, suspension, roads being driven etc
You can get a first gen Miata with no power and have good fun in the twisties, but will suffer on the highway. A 550 HP Corvette will likely be the opposite, lots of traction means less fun in the twisties, since less doriftos/slip angle on your tires

180hp or so is, I'd say, the lowest range to have good all-around fun if the car is under 3000lbs, but 230 hp is more around the "fun" territory. IMO, though, less weight makes a greater difference in fun factor than more power

However, if you want to have "fun" in the streets, you're gonna end up wrapped around something or someone

Anywho, more power means faster, but also requires more grip, which means you'll have a harder time squeezing every bit of performance out of the car, which is extremely fun even in 130 hp cars, have that in mind

Any car can be made faster, but it doesn't always make sense. Maybe adding a turbo is more expensive and risky than swapping an engine (often the case in 1990s Honda engines). Slapping a turbo, or supercharger, or nitrous, isn't easy. You're pumping in much more air, then you need much more fuel, maybe you'll need an upgraded ECU+injectors+fuel pump+etc

If the car already came with tarbo, it's easier, but not necessarily easy or simple, and it's always a delicate thing

>>17853548
80k? I thought like 60k was the "recommended" interval to avoid being left stranded. Good to know it's even more, tho

Are there are aftermarket options out there with metal bits? I know for the e36 and whatever else uses that one water pump, there's a metal impeller pump, but there's just so.much.plastic.

I wouldn't use plastic that touches hot water period, but they aren't expecting it to last 25 years anyways so there's that
>>
>>17853668
60k is being very pre-emptive. I got the car at 80k and it ran fine till 88k at which point it was starting to overheat so I replaced the water pump. At 92k the hoses went brittle so I replaced those too. I would have replaced these things a bit sooner but at the time I didn't know shit about cars. The engine is running perfectly though so it's all good.

I think there are aftermarket parts that are more resilient. If you plan to keep it for a long time then it's a worthwhile investment.
>>
>>17853668
As a E36 owner, expect it to last 10 years/100k miles. Anything after is risking it. What has to be changed?

>Expansion Tank (OEM BMW or Mishimoto/Zionsville Aluminium)

>Thermostat Housing (Aftermarket URO or whatever sells a metal one with a gasket)

>Thermostat, Vernet or Wahler is OEM

>Hoses, at least radiator hoses but you can still risk a heater hose popping, can get Rein/Continental or whatever brand you like

>Water Pump (Saleri Italy Composite Plastic or Stewart High-Flow, the metal ones are iffy, I've heard of the spot welds breaking on the shaft)

>Water Pump Pulley is plastic, get a metal one

>Fan + Fan Clutch (Get Mishimoto or Bimmerworld/Spal Fan Delete Kit and keep OEM fan up front)

>Fan Temp Sensor in Radiator and ECU Coolant Temp Sensor in Head

>Radiator (obvious, can get OEM Behr Triple Core from S54 Z3M or literally any aluminium will do, CSF if you have big $$$)

That said OEM BMW stuff REALLY isn't bad quality if you change it out every 10 years/100k miles like they expected you to.

I'd rather pay extra for OEM BMW than get a lot of the cheaper stuff that won't last those 10 years or leak. I know off the top of my head for example the expansion tanks you either get BMW or Aluminium.

Helps too a lot of the aftermarket parts for BMWs are just rebagged/labeled OEM parts (like Saleri Composite Water Pumps are the same you'd get at the BMW dealer, just $30 instead of $100)

>>17853217
no, look up how a brake proportioning valve works, but generally most of the braking power on a car will be 70-80% up front and 20-30% rear due to weight transferring forward when braking + most of the weight being up front.
>>
If you had to live through hot summers and harsh winters, what vehicle would you prefer to drive year-round? I'm looking for any suggestions/reccs here, thanks.
>>
Alright senpaitachi, I don't know shit about cars and need a daily driver. Budget is around 5k stuck between civic and corolla but leaning towards civic.

Automatic because I'm a pleb bitch, any years I should stay away from?
>>
>>17853803
Also, this is my first time wanting to buy a half-decent vehicle but I'm struggling to find something that will handle the weather.
>>
>>17853806
stay away from 2006-2007
>>
>>17853732
I wouldn't risk an overheating with alloy engines, mayne, never trust the idiot light and all. I heard of people doing it at 60k because they beat on their engines and didn't want to be left walking

>>17853749
I'd still like to replace errything plastique with aluminium or metal because fuark things get hot in there, but it's still alright, it lasts a good long tine all things considered. A stitch in time saves nine and all that

>Helps too a lot of the aftermarket parts for BMWs are just rebagged/labeled OEM parts

Yeeeee
>>
>>17853901
>I wouldn't risk an overheating with alloy engines, mayne, never trust the idiot light and all. I heard of people doing it at 60k because they beat on their engines and didn't want to be left walking
Yeah you make a fair point, and I drive pretty aggressively so I'm probably going to replace the pump around 65 or 70k. I'll probably have an M2 by then though, God willing.
>>
>>17852217
That was fantastic, thanks.
>>
>>17852304
dont fucking rice it. a clean stock s13 silvia is a beauty as is.
>>
This may be a stupid question, but do i also add coolant to the radiator if its low? I already filled up the coolant reserve (it was near empty before).
>>
How do I tell if my car's computer will allow me to left foot break?

>be driving
>full throttle
>left foot break
>doesn't sound like engine is working harder
>sounds like it's getting quieter

>try not full throttle
>left foot break
>full throttle while left foot breaking
>doesn't change very much

I can't tell if I was just driving too slow to have any noticeable difference, my computer just goes into autism mode because I'm using the throttle and break simultaneously, or I just fucking suck at driving.
>>
File: 1438725447569.jpg (69KB, 720x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1438725447569.jpg
69KB, 720x1080px
>>17846823
What are some good hybrid cars that last a long time? I'm not sure what features I'm supposed to look for besides lasting a long time and having good mileage.
>>
File: 1504836375486.png (51KB, 500x499px) Image search: [Google]
1504836375486.png
51KB, 500x499px
>Gas tank won't fill up past about half way so I get frustrated and fill up a jerrycan with the intention to fill the rest of it at home
>Slowly pour gas till it reaches the top, wait for it to go down and repeat many times
Seems like I've flooded the whole gas evap system, the activated carbon canister under the hood and it's practically leaking gasoline from there
How fucked am I?
>>
>>17853373
>>17853668
A 550 HP Corvette will likely be the opposite, lots of traction means less fun in the twisties, since less doriftos/slip angle on your tires
What's not fun about driving a 550 HP Corvette at the limit of grip through twisty and winding roads?
>>
File: my_cat_adfasdfasdfasdfasd.jpg (175KB, 765x1024px) Image search: [Google]
my_cat_adfasdfasdfasdfasd.jpg
175KB, 765x1024px
I wanna get a fast shitbox for tracking

I can't afford to insure it constantly just for a track day a few times a month. Ways around this?
>>
>>17854389
yes
>>
>>17854532
Thank you.
>>
How do I choose a racing seat?
What different kinds of seats are there?
How do I determine quality of seats?
I want something light, but a few that I've looked at don't really have the weight listed.
>>
If I'm approaching a 90 degree corner at such a speed that it'll cause me to understeer, and there isn't much time to break and grip the turn, I should shift the balance of my car to overseer and 4-wheel-slide my car, right?
>>
File: sdfgdgdf.jpg (61KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
sdfgdgdf.jpg
61KB, 720x480px
>>17846823
what car is this in the picture?
>>
>>17855318
Vw passat
>>
>>17855112
Trail brake
>>
>>17855324
>Vw passat
yep

my friend just died in this crash last night thanks for the help
>>
>>17855344
sorry man
>>
>>17855354
meh :/
>>
>>17855328
>Trail brake
>the answer should've been staring me in the face
Thanks.
>>
>>17851177
At red lights, rev at the people next to you, and launch your car as fast as you can when the light turns green.
When you're taking corners at intersections, make sure to kick out your rear end by laying on the throttle, pulling the hand break, or some other method that suits your car.
>>
>>17846848
Black wheels look ghetto on a black vehicle. Just struggled with this decision myself, ended up going silver. Very happy, glad I didn't choose black.
>>
File: 1504985446019.jpg (10KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1504985446019.jpg
10KB, 240x240px
If I take my car out in the dead of winter with slushy salt-filled snowy roads, whats the best thing to do once I return home to minimize/avoid rust?

I've heard once to try and wash off the underside with warm water but I don't know if thats true or not.
>>
I'd like a super inconspicuous car I can mod to go fast.

What'd be the best car for this? Honda Civic? I was looking at Chevy Cobalt SS too, but it might be a bit flashy. Also, what year?
>>
File: peter-stormare-appea.jpg (28KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
peter-stormare-appea.jpg
28KB, 600x450px
Honest question why isn't a mk4 gti or mk5 recommended around here as a starter car for fun drives

>Decent Interior (least in mk5)
>Easy power from mods and such
>Not crazy expensive to own
>Manual or Dsg auto which is now proven reliable
>Good on gas
>>
>>17855659
go fast and handle reasonably well or go fast in a straight line?
>>
>>17854483
>What's not fun about driving a 550 HP Corvette at the limit of grip through twisty and winding roads?

Not saying it isn't fun, just unlikely to get to the limit of grip in even a stock Corvette outside of a track, unless you're running shitty rubber all-around. You have lots of tire to keep you on the road (which is a good idea when dealing with those power to weight figures), and you really don't want to break traction in a car with a rather stiff suspension like that, because things get hairy very quickly

I've absolutely madmaned a friend's e90 4 door, stiff as fuk suspension, and not very fun to drive even with a powerful engine. Too much grip for toight city streets. I've got a crappy turbodiesel single cab pickup truck with very soft suspension and an overly aggressive rear limited slip differential, and that thing is INSANELY fun at even 15 MPH, especially in the rain

Also, when I changed the old tires in my e36 for brand new ones, I expected to have some fun, but I am very disappointed. I'm used to having way less grip, and being able to throw the car around, 4-wheel drift it, power oversteer it, etc
My brother agrees in that it was way more fun when it had less grippy tires, you could simply feel like a mad cunt under less extreme circumstances, and that's a BIG plus
>>
>>17855687
Handle reasonably well too.

Good gas mileage would also be nice, but not incredibly necessary. Coupe/sedan/hatchback doesn't matter, whatevers most efficient.
>>
>>17855665
They are nice. But can get expensive for the pleb because of some common issues and pricey parts. Not a problem if you can fix yourself or know a guy.
>>
>>17855608
Can you take it to a ramp or some place where you have access to the underside? You'll need to wash it thoroughly. Don't think warm water would make a difference unless there's a chance of it freezing, though it may help

Pressure washing would be ideal, possibly using a bit of soap as well, then rinse thoroughly. It's what I do when I come back from trips to the beach/ocean and need to clean salt off the everything down there

>>17855659
Nissan Maxima. Turbo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChZ_GvP_fkQ

Also Camry V6. Turbo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQxU-0khR_o

Anything boring but with decent displacement will do. With turbo

Can also get some glorious Volvo steel and rape all day and all night while in your comfy Swedish box. 850, 940, or even better a 740 or similar should do fine, they go for cheap and are unassuming

Grannymobiles with turbo/supercharger if you want it easier. Any estate/wagon will likely work, too
>>
File: IMG_3234.jpg (625KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3234.jpg
625KB, 1536x2048px
Hey guys you've been a huge help in the past and I didn't see a vin check thread so I thought I'd ask here instead.

Can anyone run a carfax for me on this car? I'd appreciate the fuck out of you.

Thanks.
>>
>>17855892
JHMED9367MS000391

^ for easy copy and pasting sorry.
>>
I'm relatively new to /o/ and know jack shit about cars.

How do I become more fluent? I've begun reading books on how cars work, plus basic maintenance and shit for starters. I'm about to buy my first car soon (25, was a cityfag until recently.) I'm almost through season 1 of Initial D. Other than that, what are some good avenues?
>>
Is buying an extended warranty on a used car at a dealership a scam? Or does it depend on the dealer? And how much are they usually?
>>
anyone here have a job that involves frequent driving? do you guys enjoy it? My city has quite a few jobs available that involve frequent driving. I dont mind driving around town all day in an auto, which im assuming most of the work vehicles for these jobs will be. My car is a manual, so i can drive them if i have to but traffic here is fucking terrible with a manual.
>>
>>17855976
some car games are pretty informative, like the newer car mechanic sim games. obviously they arent a replacement for actually working on a car, but it can help you learn some basic stuff, like the internals of an engine and how they fit/work together
>>
File: ad_1505092196337.jpg (287KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
ad_1505092196337.jpg
287KB, 800x450px
Any common issues with pic related generation of Buick Regal? I'm looking at getting a GS. Low mileage, rust free, clean interior, good price.
>>
>>17854517
dont? thats all you can do. either buy track insurance through your insurer or the rep they have at the track event, or fucking drive it without insurance and git gud. also stop driving what you cant afford to fix/replace in a HPDE or open track day. be reasonable
>>
>>17856384
>track insurance
No I mean insurance for getting it from home to the track on the streets
>>
>>17856392
Oh, just insure as normal and dont tell your insurance company lol. Or don't insure it and don't get pulled over.
>>
File: 20170905_083955.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170905_083955.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>17856163
I drive train crews around they provide the truck and it's on call so I just go to work when called.

Pretty comfy typically I drive relief crews up to trains parked on the track and bring that grew home, or move train crews to a different towns train yard.

If you can I'd find a job that doesn't require your own car so you aren't ruining it
>>
>>17848087
Just use some water with dish soap. Kills them almost instantly.
>>
>>17848161
Change your shocks.
>>
>>17849257
Yep. Or they make a kit you can use to see leaks. Or just get a cigar and blow into your intake.
>>
>>17849880
225 would be about flush with the rim depending on the tire.
>>
Is a 3k 330i worth it
It has 146k miles and the body is kind of beat up
Friend is selling it to me if that makes any difference
>>
>>17856525
How long do you expect to use it for? Is there anything wrong with it now? Are you afraid to spend money on it? If he never took care of it look to spend at least 3k on it
>>
File: IMG_1761.jpg (650KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1761.jpg
650KB, 1632x1224px
Apparently I'm a complete retard but I'm unable to unlock the anti-theft device on "my"* car.

Pic related is the key.
Video of me trying to turn the key either side, none works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrAzEBY3dr4

Does anyone know how those devices work? If not I'll end up calling my mom, I'd rather not.

*Not actually my car, it's my mother's miata and she asked me to drive it once a week so it doesn't rot or whatever vehicles do if you don't use them frequently enough, I daily ride a motorbike.
>>
File: IMG_0508.jpg (64KB, 840x301px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0508.jpg
64KB, 840x301px
Fastback
Yes or no?
Personally I can't stand the nb normally but with the fastback i quite like it.
>>
>>17856750
2 years give or take and yes I can pay for the repairs
>>
Could someone tell me, like, 3 ways in which a 2018 Honda Civic is better than a 2011?
>>
File: 34971_9bf6a7d44c_low_res.jfif.jpg (99KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
34971_9bf6a7d44c_low_res.jfif.jpg
99KB, 640x480px
>>17846823
How's the VG30E engine?
Solid? Known issues? Hold up well after a lot of miles?
Looking at a 300zx with a lot of miles on it, though with an engine rebuild, I'd still want to know how well the engines do over time and with high miles.
>>
just want opinions on a Hyundai Tiburon 2005 for a first car.
Can get one for about 1500-1800 dollars
>>
>>17857148
Yes, for all the graces of the Miata, its not all that an attractive car, the fast back hardtop is about the only thing that makes it actually look good.
>>
>>17856525
Expect to put another 3k into it to make it reliable.
>>
>>17853523
They look comfy but they share the same engines with the 3 so....
>>
>>17857404
Its Hyundai, Its shit, and even more so, its old Hyundai before they actually started caring about improving their brand name, so its especially shitty.

>>17857279
Its newer
It makes you look like a faggot for wasting more money on bland shit.
Girls will want to friendzone you.
>>
File: IMG_0108.jpg (78KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0108.jpg
78KB, 640x480px
>>17846823
would it be hard and/or expensive to replace a connecting rod in a 90s toyota (4A-FE or 3S-FE and similar)?
i'm technically incline, done little work on motorcycle engines only
>>
How do I check if my brakes need replacing?
>>
>>17857449
>4A-FE or 3S-FE
found out engine is the 5S-FE
>>
>>17857455
By looking at how thick the the pads are, which may or may not require you pulling the wheel and calipers off.

If its a drum then you'll have to pull the drum off.
>>
>>17857459
how do you tell how thick they are compared to what they're supposed to be?
>>
>>17857471
anything less than 5mm of material left (not including the metal backing) is sketchy
>>
How many turbos can you fit on a car?
>>
File: Color_Diavel_Carbon-01_1067x600.jpg (167KB, 1067x600px) Image search: [Google]
Color_Diavel_Carbon-01_1067x600.jpg
167KB, 1067x600px
What makes frames more efficient and give better performance year after year? Their technology seems to be basically the same as it has been for decades.

For example, pic related has a steel tube frame. Motorcycles have had steel tube frames for decades. Why is this modern frame better than that of a bike designed 20 years ago?
>>
>>17857555
I don't think there a theoretical limit. Modern Bugattis have 4.
>>
>>17857555
As many as you can fit in the Engine bay.

However at some point itll be too much for the engine, or be too much to maintain.

>>17857602
When it comes to motorcycles at least, it has more to do with the suspension and how its mounted as opposed to frame, although you could argue that many current frame are stiffer vs. older models.

When it comes to cars, Frame does matter a little more, as they've both increased performance as well as engineered more safety into them.

You could get many older cars to handle much like many newer cars however in a crash you'll still be safer overall.
>>
>>17857602
>steel tube trelis
>perimeter frame
>engine + trans stressed parts of the chassis
>>
UK fag here. Can I or can I not drive a motor trike with my fucking B complete license? Because as per usual when dealing with the law I'm scared and confused and everything I've read is a giant contradiction of itself.
>>
Vibrations in brake pedal when pressing brakes? Mechanic said brakes and rotors were fine.

How bad is it to wot?

When revving just for the hell of it, are you supposed to be in neutral or park?
>>
When i hook my android up via aux, my phone goes nuts and keeps opening the "ok google" speech app thing. Everytime i close it out it opens again in a few seconds. Even if i dont close it and just go to a diffrent app it pops right back up. I literally cant even play somthing from my playlist or youtube because it takes over. Whats going on?
>>
nissan juke
>>
File: 1505027815431.jpg (7KB, 235x193px) Image search: [Google]
1505027815431.jpg
7KB, 235x193px
I've noticed that my BMW comes with a "manual" mode. Is that useful for anything besides doing fat burnouts?
>>
>>17857836
>>17857851

Bump for these...?
>>
>>17854456
Apparently it's a really bad idea to drive like that.
I disconnected the cannister and plugged the vacuum line and line to the fuel tank, I sprayed some MAF cleaner on the MAF and throttle, changed the spark plugs and fuel filter.
The car still won't fill up, and either the fuel level float is stuck or something else is fucked because the fuel gauge is stuck at full.
Other than that it runs like a dream right now, knowing that just this morning the engine was turning itself off and I was getting horrible lurching and jerking I'm honestly amazed what a bit of spray on the MAF did.
>>
>>17853803
Not leather
>>
>>17853803
Subaru Legacy, naturally aspirated
>>
>>17856156
depends on the policy details and the dealership integrity
>make sure the policy covers what you want
>make sure the deductible isn't astronomical
$500 is a good amount if you can wrench
>a BHPH whill find a way to weasel out of anything, dealerships are slighlty less inclined to do so
>>
2001 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3L 4x4
Haven't had an inspection in years because of living out of state. Was just driving around with check engine light because lol fuck evap. Finally fixed it, cleared code, yeah time for inspection. Just kidding
>EGR and CAT monitors still say INCOMPLETE after >150 miles of driving
>perform at least 4 cold starts and generic "GM drive cycles"
>take on interstate for 15 miles at 65-70
>drive on back country roads at 55 for >5 mins
>do multiple coast downs from 55 to 20 as per drive cycle
fuck obd2 fuck evap fuck gm
Any tips or tricks to get the monitors to run? Any possible problems that wouldn't have caused the SES light to have come in before I cleared the codes?
>>
How much does a professional paint job cost.

I mean a good paint job where they do it right from prep work to final coat of clear-coat and waxing. Where they paint every inch and don't just give it the maaco shitjob where it orange peels in a year.
>>
>>17859420
>do it right
$2-4k depending on vehicle and where you live would be a decent price
>>
>>17857301
How many miles? The vg30 is a good engine. They do need timing belts replaced every 60k and it is an interference motor. I have an 87 with 135k on it, turbo swap, other bolt ons
>>
>>17857851
Get an iphone
>>
>>17857836
Possible air in your brake fluid, bleed your brakes
>>
File: 1504542693979.jpg (177KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1504542693979.jpg
177KB, 1024x768px
My 2009 jetta wont start, It was cranking for a second and then stopped yesterday, now it won't crank whatsoever.

I tested my battery and it read 12.17, I'm assuming anything over 12.6 is good?

I've yet to test my starter motor but what else could it be?

I also don't have a code reader atm.

Pic although cool, not related.
>>
>>17860209
Check the ignition coil.
>>
If I jump my dead car, will the alternator charge the battery under idle or does it have to be driven
If it matters, it's a small alt, I think 70a
>>
>>17855344
Sorry man. How did it happen?
>>
>>17854454
>What are some good hybrid cars that last a long time?
Toyota Prius
>>
>>17857427
Wait a min. The new 6 don't have a 6cyl?
>>
I'm depressed about my car. It's a 1995 Camry my dad gave me. I can't afford anything better now. How do I cope with what my friends at college think about me and my car, because according to many a car says a lot about it's owner. My friends drive Mercedes, BMW and Audis above 2010. Only like a 20 or so drives newer Camrys or Civics or other economy cars. I'm the one with the oldest shitty car here. I can't also go to a job with full time that pays better because my college time isn't allowing it.
>>
>>17860304
You're not a race car driver and you don't need to project a sense of wealth. Taking good care of a shitbox and keeping it on the road earns more credibility than driving something for status. And camrys are fine cars anyway, they havent lasted this long for nothing.
>>
How much play should I have in my rear differential output shafts? I can move them around by pushing on them, but they don't leak. Are they designed to do that?

1st gen RAV4, btw.
>>
>>17849400
>>17854595
bumps
>>
>>17860304
>according to many a car says a lot about it's owner.
You can interpret that a few different ways, and it depends on how well you can interpret what a car says about a person.

>new economy cars
Basic bitches

>Mercedes
Rich Mommy's and rich daddy's boy/girl

>bmw
Sperg who likes to maintain a car
or
Mommy's and daddy's
>>
>>17860304
How about you have some character of your own and not rely on external objects to validate you?
>>
Do jump posts work both ways?
In the past I've always done it with +/- on the live car, +/gnd on the dead one, but this time the jumper only has jump posts (+/gnd) and the jumpee has a regular battery.
>>
>>17860871
Oh, I meant to clarify, I would still ground the jumpee, not connect the neg, but it's just not being able to access the battery of the jumper that I haven't ran into before.
>>
>>17847900
>How reliable/unreliable are used Audi or used Lexus?
>Looking to get a nice used car
You are asking us to read the mind of the seller as well as comment about the aggregate data of the entire Make and not just a specific Model. You need to get specific about the Make, Model, and year. Sometimes, Models have years where they are more problematic than others.

Otherwise, you need to learn how to do a cursory eyeball inspection, a more detailed self-inspection, and a test drive type inspection. You look over two different current car history reports you obtained yourself because the seller may have doctored the report to eliminate some things before printing it out for you to see. And sometimes, different brands of data (not just CarFax) may have more and different data.

You should google "how to buy a used car". Also visit EDMUNDS car website and read all their used car articles and go to their user forums and look up the section on advice. I've posted there before and don't feel like retyping 25 posts in this thread duplicating the text. Then AFTER you have read the info to get a basic idea percolating in your brain, go to youtube and look up the many videos on how to inspect a used car. That's AFTER you read the articles because now you'll have a better background to understand the videos which will reinforce the info from the articles.

And for humor or disaster stories, you can look up Longpost Guy's posts in the 4plebs archives.

https://4archive.org/board/o/thread/14228818

https://archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/16565932/#q16565932
>>
Can just take out my rear seat and replace it with bucket seats?

It's difficult to find information on specifically replacing a bench rear seat with individual seats, and from what I've found so far, it looks like rear seats aren't mounted quite like most fronts seats are.
>>
I'm trying to source some OEM (or at least original style) headlights and taillights to replace the rice tier ones that were on the car when I bought it. I could buy both tail and head lights from a dedicated restoration site for ~$305, but thats waaay too much for me. I'm not sure if there are any pick n pull yards nearby. Anyone know a good place I might look for some lights?
>>
>>17861551
>Can just take out my rear seat and replace it with bucket seats?
Bucket seats have two chair rails that need to be mounted so that the seats can slide or otherwise be adjusted with electric controls. But the sliding ability of bucket seats is essentially lost because you can't really slide backwards due to the rear dash. And taking out the rear dash isn't a good idea. Another problem is that bucket seats whipsaw in an accident, so if if you cut the rear dash to make more room, be aware that the resulting sharp edge might be a problem in a collision.
>>
>>17861722
rockauto?
>>
Would adding techron fuel injector cleaner and 104+ octane booster to the same tank of gas cause anything bad to happen to the car?
>>
>>17849336
>What's the best power steering stop leak?
None. Stop being lazy now and avoid having to replace everything later.
>>
File: i liek ur cahr.jpg (99KB, 932x563px) Image search: [Google]
i liek ur cahr.jpg
99KB, 932x563px
What car is this?
>>
>>17862076
v6 mustang fastback
>>
File: TFW no R33 Skidline tho.jpg (731KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
TFW no R33 Skidline tho.jpg
731KB, 2048x1536px
>>17857836
Going WOT, if your engine is in good condition and running good/proper oil, should not damage it, even for extended periods of time (say, a few minutes, though this can vary greatly) unless it's an extraordinary shitbox, or cost-cutting is on another level. However, a 20 year old car will likely be running risks if you're banging on the rev limiter often. Metal fatigues, parts wear, etc

Neutral or park don't make a difference AFAIK, just don't let it go into gear until the engine has fallen back to idle or around 1k RPM, nothing in the drivetrain likes it when you slam into gear

>>17860229
If you spun the alternator with a hand drill, you'd charge your battery, basically. Simply letting the engine running will charge the battery, but the alternator may not be big enough to give the pixies the batt needs to become gud again, so try to get a multimeter (even a cheap one) to read how many volts the battery has, or if it's charging even

Running the engine to about 1300-1400 RPM for a few minutes (always after it's warmed up you triple nigger) should help charge the thing quicker

>>17862076
Some kind of weird Dodge Stratus
>>
why was i too retarded to remember that i used a ball joint press to remove my old control arm bushings?
>am i gonna die?

>am i gonna die?
>>
>>17861551
If your rear seats fold down fairly flat, then you might not want to replace them with buckets. Bucket seats that I've seen don't seem to have enough teeth on that sprocket to let them fold all the way down flat. So keep that in mind if you want to preserve that ability to carry something with the seats folded down. Folded down bucket seats also don't provide an even horizontal support for larger cargo.
>>
>>17860654

Someone is a bit jealous
>>
>>17860654
Busrider
>>
File: photo_2017-09-11_23-35-27.jpg (173KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
photo_2017-09-11_23-35-27.jpg
173KB, 1200x800px
>>17860078
330k with the motor rebuilt 30k miles ago and many of the parts being rather new, like pumps and master cylinders.
second owner since 1988, and judging from the condition, I'd imagine they'd have all the paper work for the work done.

I kinda like well taken care of old cars and just seeing how far you can keep them going with some TLC, and seeing how some Nissan trucks with the same motors reach 500k miles, I'd imagine it'd be a somewhat safe bet for something on the more interesting side. Also for the fact that it's fairly rust free and has spent most it's life in Texas would lead me to believe that even if the motor goes, the rest would still be in good enough shape to do a swap in or something.

>pic related, the car in question
>>
If I know all the physics and proper drifting technique, how hard is it to learn to drift?
>>
I bought a 2000 Jetta for 3.8k, high mileage (380k mostly highway miles) but very well maintained. Was this a good buy?
>>
File: unnamed-1.jpg (82KB, 1093x615px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed-1.jpg
82KB, 1093x615px
>>17862691
wow that is a lot for mileage. I have have not dealt with a vg30 with that many miles personally. I have heard of problems with automatics durability, but IIRC that was due to power upgrades. It is a somewhat unusual car, and I have fun with it being an 80s car with pop ups and t-tops and an unusual look.
That's a 84-85 non-turbo? Mine didn't come with these so I can't really say for sure, but I have heard of issues with the digital dash and 'bitching betty.' Looks like it's lowered as well, be sure to take note of any modifications done (tint on windshield? or maybe just the shade).
> http://redz31.suomiz.net/
> z31performance.com
also that one looks to be the same color as mine. If you want a cool old jap car then this could be a good place to start. But starting off with a turbo model will save you time and money in the long run. These cars are not light. They were built as GTs so they won't compete at autocross like a miata. Let me know if I can help with any more info
>>
If you're on a motorcycle, is it better to run from the cops or pull over?
>>
>>17849292
You're asking if the tire is FUBARed because it sat flat for a week? If so, then your tire is fine just put air in it before you drive.

>>17855608
Go to a car wash with an underbody wash on the way home. Spraying the undercarriage with water rinses the salt off, but it's difficult to do yourself with a garden hose.
>>
>>17863031
bump
>>
>>17863302
>but it's difficult to do yourself with a garden hose.
I use a wand attachment normally used for gardening. It's basically a long pipe with an angled tip that ends with a screw end. Since that thread is the same as the garden hose thread, I take off the sprinkler head and replace it with one of those simple twist adjust spray ends that you can adjust from a fine spray to a strong jet.

With the length of that thing, I can stand perfectly upright as I walk around the car spraying the underside. I remember to catch the rear of the bumpers too because salt slush can gather up there. I have my hose on one of those mobile hose racks. I remove the attachment and let the hose drain out before moving the mobile rack inside the garage where it is just barely warm enough to not freeze over. The advantages of insulated garage doors and edge seals pay off in cold weather areas. By the time I put up the hose, the car has finished dripping dry and I move it inside the garage. I then toss a little bit of salt on the driveway to stop the water from freezing up.

I fill a pump sprayer before going to work. I park at work. Knock chunks of slush off. Then spray to wash off the slush. Go in to work 8 hours knowing that's 8 hours less of salt slush eating the car.
>>
>>17863647
you learn it via muscle memory, not by theory
just find an empty space, put it in 2nd, clutch kick and go see what happens
>>
File: VOLKSWAGENGolfIV-1145_6.jpg (374KB, 1024x666px) Image search: [Google]
VOLKSWAGENGolfIV-1145_6.jpg
374KB, 1024x666px
So my fiancee will sign up for driving school by the start of October, so naturally we need a second car.

Is the Golf 4 still a feasible car to buy in 2017? It should be a pretty sturdy car, especially for a begginer.

Also, does anybody know anything about the 1.8 N/A engine? People say that it is quite a blast, with the 125 bhp.

I currently own an E90 318i which develops 129bhp, so theoretically that Golf should be faster even than my 2007 BMW.

Our budget is way over Golf 4 money ( we got around 6k euros dedicated for it ), so we should be able to go for the better ones (4motion, lots of toys).
Is the 1.8 worth it over the 1.6? A former coworker bought a 1.6 Golf 4 and that thing is quite fast.
>>
>>17863683
Well why would you get the 4motion, i guess you live in the city. 4wd when regular road driving is stupid, its just something more that can break.

Also go for a newer golf, 4 is ugly
>>
File: Shiliew_Anime_Infobox.png (1MB, 1008x2104px) Image search: [Google]
Shiliew_Anime_Infobox.png
1MB, 1008x2104px
>>17863693

During winter the municipality often refuses to clear the streets so I guess that a 4motion is better.
I could go for a Mk5 Golf but it is so lacking in the N/A petrol department : only a 1.4 80 bhp and the 1.6 mpi 102 bhp. The FSI engines are pretty bad.
I could go for a B5.5 Passat tho, but it doesnt have the N/A 1.8, only the Golf 4 and the A6 C5 but that is abit of a landbarge for the crowded Euro cities.

I could go for a 1.8T but I hear alot of mixed oppinions regarding it.
>>
>>17863682
Thanks mate, I'll give it a shot.
>>
I found a chevrolet cruze 2.0d with 80k km for 7k euro. Whats wrong with them why so cheap? are they any decent cars?
>>
>>17863707
got diesel senpai
>>
>>17863738

I wont buy diesel for a car that will hardly even make 7k km per year.

>>17863734
Chevrolet got pulled out of Europe. They say they will still provide parts for the buyers, but for a limited period.
Also, all european Chevys have low quality interiors, with plastic trims that just fall off.
As a bare minimum transportation they are ok, but forget about anything that vaguely resembles interior quality or comfort.
A cousin of my fiancee has a Chevy Aveo and that is indeed a piece of junk, with parts having short lifespans and you can feel the interior coming off, piece by piece.
Bought it for 10.000 euros new, 7 years ago, now he struggles to sell it for 2.500 euros yet nobody wants it.
>>
I want to learn about cars and bikes. I want to learn how my car works and how to fix it. What are some good websites or YouTube channels for info? Also what do you recommend to start?
>>
I will be getting a new car soon, and I have always wanted a manual, but since I have zero experience driving them is this a horrible idea? The car would be a DD
>>
>>17857851
Thats a question for /g/ to answer, odds are it has something to do with the jack, some Androids can take input in from the jack.
>>
>>17858200
Having control of where the engine is in the rev range is vital in taking and launching out of corners.
>>
>>17863254
If you're in a city its a bad idea, if you're on the highway and no traffic you have more of a chance
>>
>>17864310
No millions of people have learned and drive them daily.
>>
>>17864266
Get a junker or a cheap bike, buy some tools find a forum/repair manual specific to that vehicle and start fixing it.
>>
What's a reasonable asking price for a 2001 s2000 with a seized motor? Body isn't in great shape either.
>>
Is 270hp and 3,600lbs fast?
>>
Pros and Cons of buying a fiesta/focus ST?

> inb4 it's american
>>
I'm looking into buying my first project car. I have access to 2 mechanics in the family in case I hit a snag, as well as most tools that I'll need. Would replacing the clutch on a manual transmission car be too daunting a task for a first timer?
>>
>>17846823
Ok so I've got an old ass Honda Civic that is totally bogged down. I've replaced the plugs, wires, and distributor cap but that hasn't fixed it. It also has a misfire here and there. What could be going on???
>>
>>17862076
A Famas
>>
>>17846823
How tight do you guys tighten your oil filters? I always snug them with the oil filter wrench but I have heard hand tight is enough
>>
>>17864310
Better off giving it a shot on an old beater first. Some people just absolutely hate manual or can't get the hang of it for whatever reason. I've been DDing manual for 15 years and I love it.

I might change my mind if I had to do an hour of stop and go traffic every day, but I'd probably just want to hang myself either way.
>>
>>17866787
I go as tight as I can with my hand. Comes off with absolutely no struggle and still doesn't leak but it might vary from car to car. Be sure to put a bit of oil on the gasket too
>>
>>17866787
Instructions on my oil filter say hand tight + 1/4 turn more. That's what I do and I've never had a problem. Takes some hand strength to get them back off, but I haven't used a wrench in ages.
>>
>>17866768
Vacuum leak? You can try spraying around the intake tract and vacuum hoses with carb cleaner or something like that while the engine is idling, and if the engine surges or bogs then the leak is where you just sprayed.
>>
>>17866797
I normally buy the filters that have the hex on the top, it's mostly because my filter is in a ungodly place but the hex makes it simple to tighten and kinda easy to losen
>>
>>17866807
Will that fuck up my engine though? To get carb cleaner in it?
>>
>>17866807
Sounds harmful to the engine, any other options
>>
>>17866835
>>17866836
Carb cleaner or starting spray or anything else like that is just something that if your engine sucks in it will burn like a tiny amount of extra gas. Probably liquid wrench or something would also work.

There are other similar tricks around that should come up with 30 seconds at search engine. Finding vacuum leaks, especially on old cars, is a pretty common inconvenience.
>>
>>17866835
>>17866836
Carb cleaner is mostly acetone, loads of other keytones and propellant...it will not harm your engine, just don't spray around open flame, lit cig/doobie and your good...
>>
>>17864974
Less than a 1000

>>17866682
Yes, it would be very difficult.
>>
File: 1499274786839.jpg (59KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1499274786839.jpg
59KB, 960x960px
Is there any way I could replace the water distribution pipe for my 2000 323i without ripping out the radiator? It's a small piece that connects from the expansion tank to the radiator, and I'd prefer to not waste a shitload of time replacing a tiny part.
>>
For about 2 months my GTI has had trouble starting the first time. Then for about a month it has been getting some stupid high RPMs when hitting 3rd or 4th gear for the first time in a drive.
Finally, today it decided its not going to go faster than 55 (30 uphill).
How fucked am I?
>>
>>17867188
check the air filter or some shit
>>
File: 1990_240sx_Quarter_View.jpg (191KB, 1200x621px) Image search: [Google]
1990_240sx_Quarter_View.jpg
191KB, 1200x621px
>>17852304
Just saw a decently clean looking pic related the other day, how much should the owner be asking depending on what engine is married to the car?

What stuff should I walk away from?

Thanks in advance, I might go have a look at it tomorow.
>>
Looking for a new car. Mazda 3 hatch (2.5L 6MT) or Civic Hatchback Sport (1.5L turbo 6MT)?

I prefer the infotainment system and comfort of the Mazda but like the turbo engine on the Civic for fuel efficiency and the low-end torque.

With the Mazda 3 I'm also concerned about all the doodads it comes with. It comes standard with automated emergency braking and that system they have that adjusts the power to the wheels in a turn, and I'm concerned with those gizmos and whatsits holding up long-term.
>>
I bought my first real car a month ago. Real car as in I had been driving a piece of shit car as my first for the past 4 years, but now I've actually spent a decent amount on a car I want to take care of.

I'm a novice with cars. I can do the basics, but still need help. I also went to spend the minimum amount of time resorting to taking the car to a mechanic.

Are there any essential guides you guys could recommend? Such as youtube channels for example. That give comprehensive and detailed lessons on car maintenance and other related topics. Also detailed explanations of how cars work and all the different parts etc.

I'd like to casually learn from something like this, mostly so I'm more confident with my own car, but also so that over time I develop a much deeper understanding of cars in general.

pic somewhat related. i went japmode but it's very nice. I didn't consider this beforehand, but this doesn't seem to be a particularly popular car here in the UK, so it's somewhat difficult finding information and resources online for it.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170912-192033.png (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170912-192033.png
1MB, 1080x1920px
I need a car by the 25th and I only have about $800 right now. Is this too shitbox to even consider?
>>
>>17867469
>i had been driving a piece of shit
>bought another, even bigger piece of shit
>>
>>17867500
wtf that car is finished
i would only pay scrap price for it
>>
>>17867521
All I need it to do is drive. And it's literally the cheapest one I can find.
>>
>>17867527
It looks like it might not just shit itself on the road for no reason, but you might want to see if moving up a few dollars can get something that looks less like somebody dragged it back out of the scrap yard.
>>
>>17863150
1985 non-turbo manual, it looks to have the full tech package.
And from the side shots, it looks a fairly normal height.
>>
>>17863150
1985 non-turbo manual, it looks to have the full tech package.
And from the side shots, it looks a fairly normal height.
>>
Thinking about getting a Saturn Ion because I like Saturns and I need something in my price range, but I'm worried about the issues it has with the ignition switch and power steering.

What should I do? Should I just have it checked out to make sure everything's working right before I get it and if that's not possible than after I get it? There's plenty of Ions in the salvage yard for parts I can get, so I'm not gonna have to look far to get the ones I need. I don't want everyone thinking I'm getting a death trap.
>>
>>17867547
I would but if I don't have a car by the 25th I won't be able to get to my new job and then I really won't be able to afford anything better. I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me common zx2 problems I should look for that could affect my ability to get to work if I don't catch them before I buy. I'm also gonna see if I can talk him down to $500.
>>
>>17867666
Can't help you on ZX2 specifically, but I would expect a car that old in that shape is going to start throwing "old car" problems out of you for no good reason. Might want to see if you can get a mechanic to look it over for anything obvious and just a decent 2nd opinion.

But if that's what it takes to get a job then just think about either having to spend more to replace it with something more solid, or having to spend more to keep it running. You might get lucky, but that car looks like a gamble.
>>
>>17867771
Well I'm planning on replacing it eventually. The car I want is finally going to be in my price range with this new job. I'm gonna get a nice fox body mustang to use as my daily after I get my shit sorted out with this new job.
>>
>>17867812

>dailying a fox

As someone who did that for a few months while shopping for a new shitbox DD, I wouldn't recommend it. Maybe mine just sucks, but the interior is super uncomfortable for long periods of time and it sucks gas like nobodies business. Its fun to drive, but not something I want to drive everyday
>>
>Install new races and new wheel bearings
what the fuck are races
everything from search results just pulls up dumb shit and not the part
assuming it isn't a typo
>>
>>17867454
Can anyone help me?
>>
>>17868356
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_(bearing)

Most modern vehicles use one-piece bearings where you wouldn't need to know about such a thing. Are you from the 1930s? Next question how often to grease them, or are you rebuilding a wheel bearing or what?
>>
>>17868382
Thanks!
it was on this http://www.wikihow.com/Change-Wheel-Bearings
Bit redundant that they mentioned it.
>>
>>17868443
Ah. Well, I don't know what your vehicle and situation is, but pressing in a new bearing isn't usually your first DIY project unless you know somebody with a bearing press to hold your hand. That was in fact one of the things where decided to just let a shop handle it instead of having some weekend fun.

But some people pop transmissions apart, rig up ways to press them around, have great fun, and wonder why other people think it's a big deal.
>>
File: USC30SZC094A021001.png (157KB, 500x330px) Image search: [Google]
USC30SZC094A021001.png
157KB, 500x330px
would a manual suzuki SX4 make a good DD? does anyone have experience with suzuki in general?
>>
File: 1462103243164.png (17KB, 612x567px) Image search: [Google]
1462103243164.png
17KB, 612x567px
Is there a proper way to haggle prices down on a used car at a dealership? KBB and Edmunds placed the car of its condition a little bit lower than the list price, even lower once tax is factored in.
Are these enough to bring the price down or do dealerships not haggle anymore?
>>
>>17868647
Dealerships haggle. I got almost 25% off the asking price of the last car I bought just by insisting I had some other cars to check out and throwing a lowball number that would make me buy the car right now.
>>
I have a 2013 mustang GT, when ever i rev the car to higher RPMs, 3-4k or more, than let off that gas the car sometimes makes a quiet but very high pitched whistling noise, usually after shifting. it usually lasts about 2 or 3 seconds and goes away. on the highway it usually does this multiple times a minute whenever i accelerate. what could this be
>>
>>17868690
Did you have anything to back your numbers or was the dealership just that desperate?
I want to try and see if I can get somewhere between 20-25% off what they're asking, but I feel like they'd brush me off if I lowballed that much without something strong to back it up.
>>
>>17868647
They expect you to ask to knock $whatever off the asking price. For most people, this won't amount to much compared to the operating costs of the car or the interests on the loan - dealerships get kickbacks on the loan.

So if you don't know how to play the game like a baller, you're buying a normalfag car, then after you're done settling the loan terms or tradein terms or perk terms roughly, then if that's all mainly even just tell them to knock $200 or $300 or whatever seems right off the price and you'll drive it off the lot. They don't want to sit there and haggle forever any more than you do. They'll hop to.
>>
>>17868795
Expanding on that, do go to multiple dealerships and ask each one to do better than what the previous dealership offered.

20-25% off means they really need a sale. But you won't know that if you don't pit them against each other.
>>
File: weight reduction seats.jpg (175KB, 1549x736px) Image search: [Google]
weight reduction seats.jpg
175KB, 1549x736px
What if I replaced my back seat with a couple of these?
>>
>>17868967
Your friends and family won't ask you for a ride or to carry their shit anymore.

My current car is not particularly nice to the passengers and that's fine by me because if they want me to keep driving their poor asses around then they can deal.
>>
>>17868935
>>17868950
I don't think it's a normalfag car, since it's not that common or new. It's a 98 Prelude for 3k and it doesn't seem like I can really go dealer to dealer shopping for a good price on that.
>>
>>17869072
In that case just throw a brick through the window and then walk around the back to the service department and offer $2.5k to take it off their hands.
>>
File: battery.jpg (104KB, 1348x1011px) Image search: [Google]
battery.jpg
104KB, 1348x1011px
>>17857029 here again. Seeing nobody responded, I'll disconnect the battery until my mom is back. Apparently I'm also useless in that regard because I'm not sure what to do.

I read one should disconnect the negative first, which can be identify by a black cap and/or a big - symbol, and the the positive, with a red cap and/or big + symbol. My battery doesn't have colored caps, and I can't see any symbols engraved on the cover.

How can I tell which pole is which?
>>
>>17846823
Can color determine some of the used car prices?

Like for example I have heard Red Ferraris sell for more than any-ther colored Ferraris. Does this apply to other cars as well? Let it be any economy car.
>>
>>17869397
Your battery has fish tank tube in it mate. Don't post that if you want a real answer.
>>
>>17869446
What kind of tube should it have?
>>
>>17869439
I have a senpai at a Porsche dealership, and once they get you in the door and let you drive shit around to make sure you want a Porsche, they'll let you tell them whatever combination of options and custom shit you want to make the sale.

If you're buying a whatever then you can buy whatever happens to be on the lot ready to go, or you can hope on and exchange from a different dealership or order something and wait even longer.
>>
>>17869457
No tube. Are you making meth in your battery?
>>
>>17869474
At the very least Miatas are supposed to have it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8MMg0lfijU, don't know about other cars.

Anyway, is there any way to identify the poles if there are no physical indicators? What happens if I disconnect the positive first?
>>
>>17869484
I don't watch nigger videos, sorry.
>>
>>17868967
>>17868985
Is this legal to do anywhere in the united states? Is it legal in Oregon?
>>
Tell me about the S2000, please.
I saw the threads a while back and thought it might be a meme, but I didn't give a single flying fuck about the car.
Now, I'm a little curious.
>>
>>17869632
The greatest rwd 2 seater roadster under 15k, get an ap1.
>>
>>17869637
Why, though?
>>
>>17869467
Your reply doesn't at all makes sense to me.
>>
my resonator is bust, should i delete or put a new res in? my muffler guy warned me about the "drone".. 05 grand prix resonator is under the front seats if that matters. ive never heard the drone in any car in person only on youtube videos, is it really that bad?
>>
>>17847975
Don't know where you are writing from but I would look at ebay for the working one , much easier i guess
>>
>>17867904
I doubt you're still in this thread but what about using a 4 cylinder fox as my daily? I heard those are supposed to use less gas.
>>
>>17868621
i think so, but get the awd, 2wd has rear drums
just did the brakes on a 2008,
pleasantly surprised
>don't have to hang the caliper, sits on the rotor shield nicely
>two bolt holes to force the caliper off for 2rusty, don't even need a hammer
>rear caliper pistons don't need to be forced back with a clamp, turn it right and piston recedes
i think even for the front you can just turn them but i didn't try
also it was a woman owned DD and beat to shit but ran really well
>Suzuki in general
hit or miss with cars, the esteem wagons are amazing, but some models are rebadged daewoos
idk about the bikes
>>
>>17846823
HELP

i passed an intersection while it was still yellow but it turned red 3/4 of the way in and I think I heard 2 quick clicks at that point. It's an intersection with a red light camera

how fucked am I? I don't know if it was me or it was a car behind me or if it was just my tires going over something on the road (hence 2 clicks)
>>
>>17846823
Diesel car suddenly started smoking a lot. Coolant and oil are good.
Is it a stuck open injector or?
>>
>>17871632
maybe a hole somewhere in the intake
>>
whats the go to sub 5k rwd car in eurolands if i hate barbarian motorwerkz and germans?
>>
>>17871653
wouldn't it run lean then? to much air to little fuel
>>
Would a 10th gen Corolla use a brake drum or a brake disc for it's rear bakes?
>>
>>17872645
A Corolla CE*
>>
I'm in Ontario and I want to go and buy this guys car 4 hours away. Its not safetied or etested, how do I get it home without a truck and trailer? On the Govt website it says it needs to be safetied and etested, have insurance, and fill out a specific form, then bring to a Service Ontario and apply for a temp plate. Is this all correct? Seems impossible for so many people selling cars that are unfit or unsaftied. Even if I bought a car in town that wasn't saftied or etested I don't know how I would legally drive it home.

Any help from an /O/ntarian would be appreciated. Current option is banking on this guy to safety and etest the car, then get a friend to drive me up then I drive the car back.
>>
>>17849014
bump
>>
File: 00N0N_abeQYV6QJzs_600x450.jpg (39KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
00N0N_abeQYV6QJzs_600x450.jpg
39KB, 600x450px
>>17870535
You'll use less gas yes, but you're going to get laughed at by just about everyone.

Don't let a stranger on the internet form your opinions for you. I'm just saying there are other fun old cars to look for rather than a foxbody

>>17869644
>muh VTEC
>9k rpm redline
>light as fuck
>gets the bitches wet
>not a Miata

As someone who regular gets to take my friend's S2K, I definitely recommend it if youre looking for a fun car.
>>
Has anyone heard more about this ?
https://www.autoblog.com/2017/08/28/toyota-debuts-new-performance-division/

Toyota is supposed to annouce a new performance division in japan this month. I've searched a bit but found nothing.
>>
Got in a minor accident, my fault. Paying for the guys damage out of pocket.
If I apply for new insurance do I have to put that I was in an accident if it was never reported to my insurance company?
>>
>>17873808
Accident? What accident? Unless this guy decides to be a dick then nobody will know. Tons of minor stuff goes unreported.
>>
>>17873826
Police got involved because neither of us really knew what to do lol but no tickets were given out they took our drivers licenses down though so I don't know if that'll be an issue
>>
>>17873840
I'm not an expert here, but my understanding is that the police in that case just file a report and have no reason or interest to do anything further than that. So unless somebody pulls the police report (these are public information and you can go down and get a copy of any police report most of the time) to find out if you're lying then it might as well have never happened.

Maybe somebody in the industry will chime in as to whether or not they're likely to do that kind of background check on you.

If it's your first accident it might have no effect. I almost totaled my car the first time, but they have a first accident forgiveness policy so they just took care of it and it didn't cost me any extra. More obvious choice than your circumstance no doubt.
>>
>>17846823
Anyone have that image of an LS sitting next to some 4cyl?
>>
>>17856326
Learn how to solder, cuz everything with a screen in there will have cold solder joints at some point. Front wheel bearings are a pain point as well, and cupholders break easily and are impossible to find. I've owned mine for two years now, 142k on it
>>
My car has a leaking exhaust manifold gasket. I'm not so good with cars, but I only need the gasket replaced right?
I'm probably gonna order them soon so I can get it fixed soon.
>>
>>17874655
which gasket? head to mani or mani to downpipe?
you should replace both honestly
do you have access to a brick and mortar?
you may need replacement studs/bolts as well
>hot things rust faster
>the joys of rounding an exhaust nut
you or someone qualified have examined the exhaust system yes?
>inb4 all the hangars are rusted
>>
New Thread - >>17874865

New Thread - >>17874865

New Thread - >>17874865

New Thread - >>17874865

New Thread - >>17874865
Thread posts: 312
Thread images: 55

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.