[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT - Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 46

File: sqt 1.jpg (205KB, 832x664px) Image search: [Google]
sqt 1.jpg
205KB, 832x664px
A place to ask all your short automotive related questions.

>ProTip - A simple Google search may actually answer your question.

Also go through the thread and look for questions that you may know an answer to.

Previous Thread hit rev limiter - >>17787821
>>
>>17808745
do you like... my car?
>>
>>17808751
Question is, do you like yours? If you like yours and it does it's job, it's good for you.
>>
Question about charcoal canister / EVAP system

The EVAP system is supposed to collect fuel vapors, store, and reuse at later time. My car is 25 years old and when I open the fuel cap, it makes a fizz sound. Does that mean the EVAP system is faulty?
>>
File: bmw e46 c pillar with no cloth.jpg (38KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
bmw e46 c pillar with no cloth.jpg
38KB, 600x800px
I have an '03 E46 with Black interior but grey cloth on the A,B,C pillars.
My problem is that the cloth on the C pillar is falling off again. I tried to use Krylon High Strength Spray Adhesive, but after a few weeks, it was coming off.

So I was thinking of tearing the cloth off and using Plasti Dip to paint it black or grey.
It a good idea?
Will it work?
Will it melt from the interior heating up from the California heat?

(Pic related but not mine)
>>
>>17808819
I have no Idea, but my 8 year old car does that as well.
>>
>>17808860
>using spray adhesive
That is the problem, spray adhesives ar weak.
I suggest using a stronger glue like a thin layer of epoxy or polyurethane.
>>
File: lift of oversteer.jpg (30KB, 700x329px) Image search: [Google]
lift of oversteer.jpg
30KB, 700x329px
>>17808745
Can I fix the understeering tendencies and traction loss under acceleration in corners of my FWD car with a extremely strong rear sway bar and a front sway bar delete?
My idea was to eliminate most weight transfer on the front axle and let it only happen on the rear axle to keep the inner front tire down while cornering.
pic semi related
>>
>>17808873
What about Plasti Dipping it?
>>
>>17808888 (Heil)
I´m no expert on plasti dip, but I assume it is not all that temperature stable.
Why not paint it normaly?
>>
Old fiat stilo diesel

Battery or electrics problem, when I turn the key, electrics turn on, but when I turn further to start the engine, everything shuts down. I have to unplug and plug the battery again, and repeat until engine starts.

Help please.
>>
>>17809099
Does the engine start after that?

If yes:
Starter Motor shortcut.
If no:
Dead battery
>>
>>17809116
Most of the time no, only with luckily it starts. When it does, no more problems, car runs great.
Yesterday I've made it from work to a store befor wanting to go home, but then I had to leave it at the store because it wouldn't start from there.

I've always thought it was the battery that is depleting without reason, but it could be the starter too.
>>
Im looking at getting a jeep wrangler in germany, currently im driving a honda civic but the roads here are so bad its beating the shit outta me, even had a weld break and the muffler snapping off, so im looking at getting something with a bit more springyness and a better tire size, plus its something i could take back to the states and use, budget is around 10k USD because good credit and itd be nice to have something to pay on loan wise to continue building credit, im looking at getting one of these two : https://www.autoscout24.de/angebote/jeep-wrangler-benzin-blau-8a0fdc99-14ca-4108-a2ef-ef3c84d4c3a7?recopos=12&ipl=detailpage-engine-itemBased&ipc=recommendation

https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=249399135&ambitCountry=DE&damageUnrepaired=ALSO_DAMAGE_UNREPAIRED&isSearchRequest=true&makeModelVariant1.makeId=12600&makeModelVariant1.modelId=11&maxPrice=9000&pageNumber=1&scopeId=C&sortOption.sortBy=searchNetGrossPrice

but i was wondering if there were any specific quirks, if i should not fall for the manual meme, get a newer model, different model and so on.
>>
>>17809123
It sounds like a shortcut in the starter motor coils.

When it doesn´t start and shuts down, 2 blank wires in the starter motor contact.
>>
>>17809142
Thank you very much anon, will look more into starters.

Is it possible that some fault in the starter can cause the battery to deplete?
>>
>>17809182
Usually not, since it is not conected with the battery when not in use.
>>
buying a car for the first time

what kind of rep does Mitsubishi carry? There's a cheap Lancer I can buy will it be costly to maintain or is it like any other Japanese econobox?
>>
>>17808745
Why is the Regera so ugly? That ass is just hideous
>>
File: Koenigsegg-Regera-2015-1600-07.jpg (148KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Koenigsegg-Regera-2015-1600-07.jpg
148KB, 1600x1200px
>>17809213
You are the only one that said that. I think it looks badass.
>>
_Thought this might be the best place to ask this without making a new thread:

My 2005 chevy impala's flashing check engine light just turned on and smelled weird, sounded like clicking, and shook the car when not in motion. How fucked am I and should I just resign to taking Ubers to and from work ftom now on? Is it even worth towing to a mechanic and spending 300 bucks just to find out the dasmage?? Thanks if you answer
>>
>>17809207
Good qtddtot threads with helpful anons make my day, thank you again.
>>
>>17808745
I'm in a bit of a pickle with my airbox. See, my car came with it as a default, sporting a normal *20 by 30cm filter mat mounted horizontally.

Since this thing does a pretty good job of taking in cool air, I wanted to install a raid hp formula cone filter, facing downwards into the ~30cm deep airbox. Problem is, while the pipe going into the airbox is standard 8cm, it doesnt extend into the pipe, instead it has this weird hole inside I can't mount a pipe to. I also don't want to mount it in the engine bay, since it's fairly close to the motor, about 30cm away.

The question is, can I simply run a smaller pipe (7cm?) into the airbox, and mount the cone to that? would it create any issues because the top part is not air tight and heat from the motor could get in?

Will provide pictures if needed, it's a 2009 kia sportage 2.7l v6
>>
>>17809208
Lancer EVO's are just as abused as STI's. Normal lancers, maybe. But any used sporty car will probably be fucked up by some boyracer, and will cost you out the ass.

t. impulse bought sporty galant without checking owner history
>>
Where can I find some good recommendations for driving sunglasses? I'm looking to reduce glare from wet roads so polarised would be preferred.
Some morning's it's so bad I can't make out the road or cars on it.
>>
File: 40328264.gif (2MB, 204x306px) Image search: [Google]
40328264.gif
2MB, 204x306px
How shitty would a C5 vette be as a DD? I drive 35 miles to work everyday but its been my dream car.
>>
>>17808880
You are not going to fight the front-back weight transfer (which is your main problem here) with sway bars, you need at least harder springs for that or some adjustable dampers that allow you to separately tune bump and rebound stiffness.

Also, trying to make one axle perform better by making the other one worse is generally bad practice. If you have a problem on one axle, try to fix that problem instead of creating another problem on the other axle.

You also seen confused about weight transfer in general.
Changing the amount of body roll won't change the amount of weight transfer that happens between two wheels of the same axle. The weight is going to be transferred regardless, you can only influence how quickly it happens. So deleting the front ARB won't change how much weight is going to be transferred from the inner to the outer front tire, it will just make the process take longer.

Furthermore, deleting the front ARB and using a stiff ass ARB on the rear will more likely cause more problems than it solves. These kinds of extremes rarely work, it just makes a mess on the setup of your car and you will end up with a super sloppy front end a super twitchy rear end, fucking up the handling of pretty much every other situation except the one you are focusing on.

If you are dead set on using sway bars to solve you problem (spoiler alert: they won't), you can at least try to go with smaller steps, like a front a little bit softer OR a rear a little bit stiffer, but it won't do much because you are trying to change front-back transfer with something that only affects left-right transfer. You need to change ARBs if your problem happens during corner entry and during quick direction changes, not at corner exit.

Provided you have the budget and/or the willingness to invest in new parts, the best solution is to go for different spring and/or adjustable dampers or an LSD
>>
How many times should I take my driving test before giving up on it completely?
>>
>>17808819
That just means that the system is pressurised. It is functioning correctly.
>>
>>17808819
Just before you open unscrew the petrol cap, light a match, hold it right up against the seal and watch which way the flame goes as you unscrew.

If the flame gets sucked into the filler, then it's a vacuum. If it flickers away from the filler, then it's expansion.

Let us know how you get on.
>>
what is the best "good enough" engine hoist?
>>
>>17809716
Once. If you failed that then buy a bicycle and a bus map
>>
File: 1503754594065.gif (662KB, 800x528px) Image search: [Google]
1503754594065.gif
662KB, 800x528px
How come hardly anyone one replies to my posts on this board? Any tips for getting more (You)s?
>>
File: C4KzoiEXABEp5dQ.jpg (34KB, 640x348px) Image search: [Google]
C4KzoiEXABEp5dQ.jpg
34KB, 640x348px
>>17809853
post provocative images
>>
>>17809760
The one that reaches far enough above the engine bay and that can withstand the weight you are trying to move
>>
>>17809655
I personally think that it would be a cool weekend car, not a dd.
>>
File: 20170901_153821.jpg (2MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20170901_153821.jpg
2MB, 4032x2268px
My aux port shot itself and now I'm left with this. Anyone know what I need to buy to plug this into?
>>
>>17810046
I don't know but cut your fucking nails man
>>
>>17808745
Is 5k too much for an 04 civic with 100k miles on it?
carfax says only 2 owners and no reported accidents.
>>
File: 1493272978676.png (1MB, 852x854px) Image search: [Google]
1493272978676.png
1MB, 852x854px
How do I get my 2000 V6 Frontier to break loose? I took off the spare tire and it'll give a little bit more, but it won't go sideways. My front shocks are starting to show a bit of wear, so should I replace those first?

Does it have traction control?
>>
Long story short my pressure relief cap is leaking coolant. How do I go about testing the cap without running and warming up the engine? I have a vacuum pump to test negative pressure, but how do I test positive pressure? What do I need?
>>
This is for the two guys who were advising me about getting my stuck spark plugs loose, just wanted to let you guys know I followed your advice with the breaker bar and penetrating oil and got the job done! Car is purring like a kitty now good as new. Thank you both for your encouragement and help, really appreciate it. I learned a lot and saved a lot of money, this was a rough but good start to the world of self-maintenance for me.
>>
I'm learning to drive manual and I get an autistic breakdown everytime an upshift isn't smooth.

1st to 2nd is pretty much always smooth, but 2nd to 3rd my RPM drops too low and there's a small lurch. Should I just not let go of the throttle fully when switching gears so the RPM doesn't drop too low?
>>
My registration expires on the 30th of this month. after getting it inspected/emission checked how long does it take to show up in electronic databses so I can renew online? Also how long does it take to receive new stickers?
NC
>>
>>17810554
There are pumps made specifically to put the cooling system under pressure to check for leaks, but they mostly use their own cap to screw in place of the original cap and feed air from there.

So your best bet is to disconnect one of the small return hoses that go into the surge tank, plug the hose shut and try to use an air gun with a tire pressure gauge to feed air into the hole in the tank (maybe use a small piece of a garden hose to make an airtight seal between the tank and the air gun or be creative with something else), keep pushing air in until you reach the maximum pressure written on the coolant cap.

If you start noticing air leaking from the cap before the max pressure is reached, then the cap is broken, otherwise you are leaking from somewhere else
>>
>>17810120
They're not even long kys
>>
>>17810656
You are a disgusting piece of shit
>>
>>17807767

No it will be the same 1 on the left and 5th or 6th on the right.
>>
>>17810591
Shift faster, or shift at a higher point in the rev range.
>>
>>17810046
You didn't tell us what car it is
You didn't tell us where that plugged into,
You didn't tell us where the cable is coming from
And you need to cut your fucking nails.
>>
>>17809655
If its the only thing you have to drive? Shitty becuase your gas mileage would be horrible.
>>
I've narrowed down to two cars...
>2011 Nissan Rogue SV
>2013 Volkswagen Tiguan SE
Any particular problems with these makes or models? Going to test drive Monday.
>>
>>17809262
You can take it to Advance and they'll run the codes for you, for free.

Taking it to a mechanic and having him look at it should be free or fairly cheap.
>>
>>17810897
VW is shit, Nissan is less shit but not perfect.

Both are normally driven by women, but it that doesn't bother you then disregard.
>>
>>17810905
Is a CVT tranny anything to worry about? The rogue has one.
>>
>>17810860
I already shift as fast as I can. I guess the reason switching from 1 to 2 is fine because I only need to put the gear stick down, and shifting from 2 to 3 I need to pass through neutral.

You're recommending shifting at higher rpm because the higher the rpm the larger the rpm drop between two gears right?
>>
>>17810948
LOL Yeah that will only last you about 60k miles before crapping out.

>>17810956
>You're recommending shifting at higher rpm because the higher the rpm the larger the rpm drop between two gears right?

The car won't immediately drop to idle speed at shifting so if you shift at 4k instead of 3k it will give you more time before it drops too low and lurches the car.
>>
Can anyone enlighten me on mmt-based octane boosters? I want to add some royal purple max octane boost to my car but I'm afraid the mmt in it will foul up my spark plugs, cat and o2 sensors. Do these boosters have other chemicals in them to prevent this manganese buildup or should I just avoid them?
>>
>>17810956
>You're recommending shifting at higher rpm because the higher the rpm the larger the rpm drop between two gears right?

That's not how gears work, the drop between a gear and the next one is always the same regardless of how fast the engine is running when you do the upshift.
>>
>>17811053
Why are you using an octane booster in the first place?
>>
>>17811073
I live in California
>>
>>17811036
Well the one I was looking at has 100k so...
>>
>>17811094
And?
>>
>>17811132
And the gas here sucks, 91 octane at best meanwhile the manufacturer recommends 94
>>
>>17810900
Really? Thats awesome. Not that dude but shops around here will charge around 100 just for a diagnostic.
>>
Been looking at g37s... I want an rwd but the majority of listings are awd... I heard that awd gives you better traction therefore a faster takeoff. But ive also heard that rwd weight shifts to the back wheels giving more traction and faster take off. Which is true?

Also heard that awd adds several hundred lbs so car will overall be slower. Is there anything else im missing or should know about awd vs rwd on the g37?
>>
Are honda accords "girl" cars? The v6 is decently quick.
>>
>>17811241
Not at all
>>
I just found a 2006 e87 320d (m47 not the problematic n47 engine) automatic with 180k km for 6k euro
should i?
>>
>>17811241
A girl's car is a bicycle.
>>
Is there a way to increase gas milage in a car with out reduceing with the engines hp and torque or general quickness?
>>
How do I set up the seat to be comfortable in a hatchback?

It was fine when I test drove it, but that was realistically only for about 20-30 minutes at a time. Since I bought it, over 2 years ago, I have never found a position that's actually comfortable.
>>
>>17811246
>>17811251
They just seem to be popular with middle class women. Like a secretary, clerk or receptionist...
>>
>>17811282
First off you shouldn't care about that if you like the car enough. Second Accords are very popular, everybody drives them.
>>
>>17811264
If the car is N/A Turbos and Superchargers can some times improve mileage with the right tune.

But for the most part you can't have both.
>>
>>17811282
Dude who cares, it's not really feminine like an audi TT or whatever, just because women drive them doesn't mean men don't. Hondas are reliable and cheap, of course they're popular.
>>
>>17811198
The free part of him looking at it usually precludes him fixing it. But yes there are alot of indies out there that will give you their opinion for fairly cheap, or at least the cost of one hour labor.
>>
>>17810600
I thought about that but the way it looks is that the overflow tank hole is on the sealed side, not the main coolant line side, which means introducing positive pressure there wouldnt make the spring compress.
>>
>buy car a month ago, all is well
>suddenly, heavy rain one night and car turns over but wont start
>fuel pump not doing anything
>no symptoms at all until now, parked up fine now does nothing
Does this sound like it could be an electrical thing? If so, how do you even approach finding out whats fucked? Fuses are fine...
>>
>>17811267
pillows and sit sideways

>>17811264
remove the lead from your foot
>>
I recently bought a 2005 mustang used. What are some easy quality of life type mods I can do to get better performance?
>>
>>17811563
Ls swap
>>
>>17811574
0/10
>>
>>17811448
Then you just have to warm up the system a little bit to let the thermostat open
>>
>>17811563
sell it and buy something with potential
>>
>>17811593
but anon according to the sticky the 05 mustang is the best car for me
>>
best car under 1k that has awd or 4wd for offroading use?
>>
>>17811657
https://charlotte.craigslist.org/
the local craigslist
>>
>>17811502
Soapy water or trace dye senpai
>>
>>17811698
Test
>>
>>17811698
>>17811710
Ok this is weird. I specifically typed "soapy water or trace dye senpai" and it got changed to senpai....? Ive never even used that word before so it couldnt have been an auto correct from my phone. And besides i even double checked what i wrote. Am i missing somthing?
>>
>>17811698
>>17811718
>>17811710
Ok never mind i guess 4 chan automatically translates f-a-m to senpai. Huh weird. If this is somthing that everyone knows and i look dumb right now just pretend it didnt happen. Thanks.
>>
>>17811724
lurk moar
>>
File: ffd.jpg (9KB, 333x187px) Image search: [Google]
ffd.jpg
9KB, 333x187px
How to I set up my FWD car to corner better?

Just toe-out my rear wheels?

How much should I toe-out the rear wheels, and why?

What do I tell the cashier?
Hey, make sure to tell the guys to toe-out the rear wheels a little; just a little. Not too much, not too little, though.
>>
>>17811586
sorry, i must be retarded, what would the thermostat have to do with this? warming up the car so that theres enough ambient pressure to compress the spring that would allow me to test through the overflow hose seems a bit redundant some im trying to test everything without turning the car on at all. but thanks for the advice anyways, good to know theres a pump that does what im looking for.

I was thinking of taking the filler neck out completely and capping one side, and maybe doing it that way.
>>
Looking at converting a euro spec car to proper us spec, but i cant figure something out, if the odometer measures in kilometers, how would i get it to measure in miles, assuming i tic it up to the converted rate, does the vehicle speed sensor measure and spin at the right rate, is it specced for whatever region its in? is it engine programming? its a 95 jeep wrangler for context
>>
so a buddy of mine is lending me his old beater 240SX for a week so I can finally learn to drive manual (since everyone in my family had an automatic when I was growing up)
I know how to do it in theory, but is there anything I should keep in mind, aside from how I'm probably fucking up the clutch?
>>
>>17812017
Just try and really pay attention to the feel of how the car reacts when modulating the clutch. Don't try and go fast with the clutch at first since you'll stall. Keep the revs below but also around like 2.5k as your accelerating from a stop. Eventually you'll get it down and find where the clutch bites and starts to move the car, and you can hold the clutch there with steady throttle and you'll get rolling with little effort and quickly.
>>
File: 1.jpg (4MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
4MB, 3024x4032px
I have a BMW e60 530i that is leaking some fluid in pic related. I figure it is probably that hose clamp or the cap there but am not sure what I am looking at; all I know is there is wet fluid there and I only drove it for 20 minutes today.

Can anyone tell me what I am looking at with a cap on it, maybe there is a gasket leak?

Thank you
>>
>>17812025
is it better to get the revs up a bit before letting the clutch out, or should I do it at the same time?
>>
File: 2.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>17812043
>>
>>17812048
at first, when learning, revs up. as you get used to do, try and do both clutch and revs at the same time. when you finally get it, you can clutch to bitepoint, and depending if you're on like a downhill or flat surface you can get the car rolling with no throttle (yes, even in a 240sx, I can do it in my mr2 with its 4age you can too) or very little throttle after you hit your bite point
>>
Legitimate question since there are a lot of strong opinions about it here.

Why are some of the people on this board so adamantly against auto and favor manual?

Is it just the satisfaction of shifting?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170902-180440.jpg (179KB, 900x1122px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170902-180440.jpg
179KB, 900x1122px
This is all I have in the bank. Would it be a stupid idea if I spent 35k on a car ? What is a smarter way to invest it ? I don't have any debt and live pretty comfortably renting an apartment with my girlfriend.
>>
>>17812108
You're asking if you should liquidate most of your assets for a car? No that's stupid

Tell me what kind of car you want and I'll help you find something without breaking the bank
>>
>>17811230
Anyone?
>>
>>17812108
>Would it be a stupid idea if I spent 35k on a car ?
Yes, that's some mid life crisis tier type of shit.

desu, the fact that you even have to ask foretells that it's probably a poor idea. If you're REALLY into cars and want something fun or comfy then you can find other options for cheaper.

In the end it's YOU that needs to decide though. Don't let others decide for you; i'm just stating what I think personally. Everyone is different friendo.
>>
>>17812043
Anon you've got an oil housing gasket leak, don't worry it's not hard to replace

Btw I have the same exact car as you
>>
>>17812149
Oil filter housing gasket leak*
>>
>>17810882
It's just a plug dawg
>>
>>17808745
I live in a state that gets cold (-35F and lower) with a fair amount of snow in the winter. Do I bother buying a motorcycle in the next month or two or should I wait until the spring? I currently do not have a garage/storage unit in my name but getting a unit would be possible
>>
>>17812149
Thank you, I just found this is the oil filter area

I am 2000 miles from when it says I should change it. Should I change the oil now for this issue too or wait until the 2000 miles comes up?

Great taste! I am loving this car, just got it less than a month ago and am consistently impressed
>>
the area where I live has very iron rich water and has left a yellow layer of rust over the paint on my (white) hood and literally only my hood. its really weird. anyway, I can take it off with some hard scrubbing with a microfiber cloth even just a tiny area took forever. is there any rust removing chemical that can easily lift the off the rust but still be paint and plastic safe?
>>
>>17808745
how long are tires typically good for? I put a new set on my car a year ago and a "service tech" said my tires are 2/32" away from being legally bald. I haven't done any hard driving or extreme miles in their lifetime
>>
>>17812198
This issue doesn't really impact your oil to be frank, you might have lost some but there's still plenty enough to keep the engine lubricated.

When was the last time the oil was changed? Don't go by the dash indicator for oil, it has some ridiculous interval like 15k miles between changes. If the oil was changed recently then you don't worry you can keep driving it a few thousand more miles. If you have no idea when it was changed last then yes I would probably change it just to be safe.

Use penzoil platinum euro oil in it, it's the best oil you can get and use mann/mahle/hengst filters. I used Mann last time but I got some hengst ones as they were slightly cheaper and seem to be more sturdy.

I just did the spark plugs on mine today at 97k, got it at 82k and have absolutely loved it. You made a smart choice anon, these 530i's are fun, beautiful and will last forever if they're maintained well. I fell in love with mine immediately, when I deleted the muffler it was like a brand new love awoke in me. Get a muffler delete asap if you care at all about exhaust note, these I6 sound so heavenly.
>>
>>17812209
There are a lot of things that can affect a tires life but in my experience tires should last a couple years or like maybe upwards of 50k miles. Now I don't mean ALL TIRES EVER will ABSOLUTELY last 50k miles and 4-5 years, but thats like the upper expected range for decent tires that you don't do burnouts in and your alignment isn't fucked or stupid
>>
>>17812209
How long they're good for is irrelevant. Take your eyeballs and LOOK at your tires for yourself (crazy concept, I know). If there's little to no tread left, they're done
>>
>>17812244
i mean, i can clearly see tread left, and to my normie eyes they still look new. i'm just trying to make sure i'm not getting rused by a commission jockey
>>
>>17812258
If there's tread there's tread
>>
>>17812260
thanks sempai
>>
>>17812258
make sure you look at the entire patch of the tire, both outside, middle and inside(!!!) as if your alignment is fucked, it doesnt matter if the outside tread is great if theres cord showing on the inside indicating a problem
>>
>>17812216
The dash says 2000 miles and the owner that I bought it from said it was done recently. Although, that sounds like I should change it sooner than later since I cannot visually check the oil that I know of.

Is there any reason to not use the BMW 5w-30 oil? It is $5.80~ per quart at my local dealership and I may be able to get 20% off that.

Do you buy the filter at the dealership or just look up e60 Mann oil filter?

Good to hear, I bought at 75k and expect spark plugs when I am closer to 100k; are there any symptoms you saw that made you replace yours or was it preventative?

I do not fully understand what muffler delete is other than it changes house the exhaust sounds. I would love a more hearty sound on my 530i but I was looking at maybe new exhaust systems that were thousands; how much does a muffler delete cost or what do you need to do?

Just an hour or two ago I installed the sport mode button and test it, to my surprise it worked flawlessly. Added a button and received sports mode that was ~hidden by BMW but after looking up my VIN I found that my model had sports package for steering wheel and suspension.

I am a bit concerned about being too hard with sports mode since it has 75k miles without sports mode on the engine wear. Although, I do not have enough experience to tell me if that is an issue or not.
>>
>>17812311
>The dash says 2000 miles and the owner that I bought it from said it was done recently. Although, that sounds like I should change it sooner than later since I cannot visually check the oil that I know of.

I say change it in 2 or 3k then, nothing will happen if you drive it 3k more miles.

>Do you buy the filter at the dealership or just look up e60 Mann oil filter?
I got it from amazon for $10.50, that's probably your best bet

>Good to hear, I bought at 75k and expect spark plugs when I am closer to 100k; are there any symptoms you saw that made you replace yours or was it preventative?
Well I'm super conscious about everything in my car. I noticed that my
starts and my idling were rougher than usual. I could feel a change in how the engine was vibrating at idle plus it sounded different on cold starts. This on top of a slight decrease in mpg told me it was time to pull the old plugs. Plus it gave me the opportunity to install laser iridium ones. I know that spark plugs have to be replaced at least by 100k miles, doing it sooner is better than later.

>I do not fully understand what muffler delete is other than it changes house the exhaust sounds.
Okay so every car exhaust system comes with a muffler, which is typically near the exhaust ports at the back end of the car. This device does exactly what the name implies: it muffles. The stock exhaust note with the muffler just sounds raspy and weak in my opinion, not at all how an I6 should sound. Enter the muffler delete

>I would love a more hearty sound on my 530i but I was looking at maybe new exhaust systems that were thousands; how much does a muffler delete cost or what do you need to do?
Forget those 3k exhaust systems, this is your lucky day. A muffler delete is exactly what it sounds like, deleting that muffler and replacing it with a straight pipe down to the exhaust tips. I looked up exhaust shops and found a very good one nearby, to my luck.
(1/2)
>>
File: IMG_1427.jpg (1MB, 2283x2113px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1427.jpg
1MB, 2283x2113px
>>17812351
(2/2)
The exhaust tech sliced off the muffler, tips and all and replaced it with a segment of pipe matching the stock exhaust pipe size. He then welded on new tips for me that I got to choose from a wide variety. Now this whole thing costed me a whopping $250. $100 for the muffler delete and $150 for the anodized titanium tips. Overall it was a fantastic deal and I regretted not doing it sooner. A mechanic once heard my engine and asked if I had put a $3,000 eisenmann or borla exhaust system in there. Do it anon, just make sure it's a good exhaust shop and don't let them charge you more than $100 for the labor.

>Just an hour or two ago I installed the sport mode button and test it, to my surprise it worked flawlessly. Added a button and received sports mode that was ~hidden by BMW but after looking up my VIN I found that my model had sports package for steering wheel and suspension.

I haven't done the sport mode mod because I can't get a straight answer on it. Some people say it changes the throttle mapping and suspension, other people say it does nothing other than add a "sport" word to the dash which doesn't change anything without factory modifications.

As far as engine wear goes, the cooling system is the only thing that ends up needing to be fixed but it is not hard to do and isn't expensive to fix. I mean you'll probably spend more on tire wear than engine wear with spirited driving.

Pic related is my car with the new exhaust
>>
File: IMG_1057.jpg (1MB, 2965x2765px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1057.jpg
1MB, 2965x2765px
Here's another pic of the exhaust, can't see it as well in that last one one
>>
>>17812351
Is this the correct type of oil filter?
https://www.amazon.com/Pack-MANN-Oil-Filter-HU816X/dp/B01N6FLRYX/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1504405083&sr=8-1&keywords=e60+mann+filter

Thank you for that information, I will keep an eye out for anything like that. I am trying my best to stay ahead of maintenance and deal with anything I find immediately and hope this car treats me well!

Is this what the delete sounds like on ours?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS8uTPTghdc
>>
File: IMG_1441.gif (1MB, 635x357px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1441.gif
1MB, 635x357px
>>17812381
>Is this the correct type of oil filter?
https://www.amazon.com/Pack-MANN-Oil-Filter-HU816X/dp/B01N6FLRYX/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1504405083&sr=8-1&keywords=e60+mann+filter

Yup that's the one

>Is this what the delete sounds like on ours?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS8uTPTghdc [Open]

Yes that is totally what it sounds like,
mine doesn't have anything coming out of the exhaust though thankfully. Actually it sounds even better in real life, you'll be thrilled when you hear it in person. And then when you drive it and feel that bass-like rumble of the exhaust course through your body you'll fall feverishly in love with it. Bmw I6's really are amazing, you can balance coins on top of them.
>>
>>17812396
That gif. Beautiful

Thank you very much for all the help! I will grab some filters and oil to replace the oil within 1k miles just to be safe.

Damn the muffler delete sounds amazing. Is there any negative that I have to consider with doing this aside from noise?

I assume calling up a local exhaust shop with good reviews and asking them about a delete for my model BMW is not a unique job. Or is there a specific question I should ask/look for in a shop to do this work?
>>
>>17812424
You could get pulled over occasionally depending on where you live
>>
>>17812424
>Thank you very much for all the help! I will grab some filters and oil to replace the oil within 1k miles just to be safe.
You're welcome man, glad to help a fellow bimmer-lover. I forgot answer one of your questions though, yes the bmw 5w30 oil is totally fine. I chose the euro platinum one mainly because the dealer here doesn't give any discounts.

>Damn the muffler delete sounds amazing. Is there any negative that I have to consider with doing this aside from noise?
There really is no negative, aside from a little droning sometimes on the highway which doesn't bother me anyway. Benefits are: better sound, less weight (go from 3,460 to 3,400 lbs, the stock muffler weighs at least 60 lb if not more), less restricted exhaust which might give you a few more horses (I've seen other cars get 5-8 hp just from the muffler delete).

>I assume calling up a local exhaust shop with good reviews and asking them about a delete for my model BMW is not a unique job. Or is there a specific question I should ask/look for in a shop to do this work?
There's really nothing peculiar about it.
Just find a well-rated exhaust shop and tell them "hey I want a muffler delete, do you guys do that?". Once you see the underside of the car you'll see how simppe of a layout it is, it's really a cut and paste type of thing. Also the whole process only takes 20-30 min.

Most exhaust shops do this type of thing routinely, in fact it's a really simple job for them so you'll be fine. Hope to see you in the /bmw/ general thread if we get that up and running again.
>>
>>17812450
Thank you for answering everything thoroughly, I am pounding away research on this car and appreciate the time you took

I will definitely be in the general thread when I have content to post
>>
>>17812432
How do I look that up, is there a decibel limit set by county or state for this?

I am in Florida
>>
>>17812489
No problem at all brother, I know you're gonna love that exhaust note with the muffler delete, I'm practically excited for you haha

Enjoy the car man, if you take care of it it will take care of you for a long time

>>17812492
Look up "car noise law stipulation florida" or something to that effect. I live in los angeles man, I'm the one who should get pulled over not you but I never have. I've had cops behind my car, in front of it, next to it and they've never said a thing. That being said don't rip away from first gear next to one, if he's having a bad day he might use that as an excuse to take it out on you. Honestly though la cops are cool about that kind of stuff and I've heard florida cops are too so there's nothing to worry about in my opinion.
>>
>>17812525
This is great, thank you. There are much louder exhausts passing cops without being pulled over, but I will confirm to be sure.

I have replaced the rubber molding on the rear window, that was quoted at $400 labor and hardware at a local shop. It took me about an hour with my plastic pry tool and some elbow grease, $45 for the molding and some effort made the rear of the car look brand new.

I am impressed with how easy things seem to be made to replace, hopefully that continues to be the case!
>>
>>17812565
Good on you for fixing that yourself man, try your best to do whatever work you can do yourself because shops like
to overcharge especially if it's a german car. Yeah the bmw engineers were actually very thoughtful, the car is designed to be worked on and I love that. There's a flashlight in the glovebox, basic tools and first aid kit in the back and everything is very modular so you understand how to take it apart and put it back together.

Almost all of the reliability memes come from people who either don't work on their cars or maintain them, or people who buy a trashed, poorly maintained bimmer and then blame the bavarians for their own stupidity. It's good that you saw past that for what it is: a fun, reliable and comfortable car.
>>
Thinking about getting a cheap funcar at some point, but not sure what to get. So far I've narrowed it down to:
>Mazda FC rx-7
>Pontiac Fiero
>Nissan 300zx tt
Each has some pros and cons:

Fiero:
>+mid-engine
>+gm partsbinning
>+FI potential
>+cheapest option
>-lowest stock hp
>-will likely need some work to reach full fun potential
rx-7:
>+rotary
>+turbo options
>+light and nimble
>-rotary
>-hard to find a not-thrashed-to-shit one
300zx tt:
>+most stock hp
>+incredible styling
>+digital dash options
>-heavier than others
>-more expensive
>-hard to find non-riced ones
>-engine bay meme

My question to you, /o/, is there anything I'm not taking into account, and which balances out to have the most potential despite its quirks?
>>
>>17809664
>not going to fight the front-back weight transfer
Indeed, but that is not what I was trying.
>try to fix that problem instead of creating another problem on the other axle.
I need to transfer the latheral load somewhere, that is why I want to reduce the lifting force on the front inner tire and increase the lifting force on the rear inner tire.

>Changing the amount of body roll won't change the amount of weight transfer
Indeed, but only when you look at one axle.
If you have a harder ARB on one axle than on the other, the one with the harder ARB has more load transfer.
That is due to the spring rate of the ARB, the further the body rolls, the more force the ARB is transfering.
Without a ARB just the springs are involved in load transfer, the difference in compression of the springs.
That leads to a verry low load on the (in this case) rear inner tire and a verry high load on the outer tire and almost no load transfer on the front axle.

>deleting the front ARB won't change how much weight is going to be transferred from the inner to the outer front tire, it will just make the process take longer.
Not exactly, since the front ARB won´t lift the front inner tire, but the rear ARB will lift ther rear inner tire even more than normaly.

>springs
That won´t change the latheral load transfer significantly, wich is my main problem.
My front inner tire almost leayes the ground.
>dampers
They only change how I enter a corner, on sustained corners they do exactly nothing.
>LSD
Not available
>>
File: sway_bar.png (23KB, 1880x793px) Image search: [Google]
sway_bar.png
23KB, 1880x793px
>>17812692
Pic related
>>
What's a good windshield washer fluid to use for the winter?

What does /o/ use for their non-shitboxes?
>>
>>17813004
Antifreeze, dish soap and water.
>>
>>17812692
Sure, you can remove your FARB and add a super stiff RARB, but, you'll most likely start picking up a wheel.

Doing what you want to do will fix the balance like you want it, but there's a good chance you'll end up going slower.
>>
I currently have a 2000 mustang and it's really fun to drive but since I'm in Canada it makes it really annoying to drive in the winter, even with snow tires and extra weight.
I'm considering selling it for something more winter capable while still being fun. I'm considering a wrx but idk what other cars I might want to look at (I'd prefer awd). Having a seperate shitbox for winter isn't really an option since I don't have the space
>>
>>17813162
I would suggest:
Lancer Evo
Impreza
Any Audi with quattro AWD

But all 3 options are high maintainance.

Other than that MR cars could be better than the mustang due to most weight sitting over the driven axle.
>>
>>17813187
How is the Quattro for storage since it looks kinda tiny? How is finding parts for it and an evo
>>
>>17813208
I didn´t suggest the quattro, I suggested any audi with Quattro AWD system.
If you want storage, most wagons from Audi come with AWD.
>>
Is downshifting in an automatic to slow down bad for the transmission? Just like downshifting one gear rather than braking so soon when coming up on a stop.
>>
File: IMG_1302.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1302.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>17808745
Only picture I have of it, does anybody know what car this is?
>>
>>17813266
It looks like a S2K with a Bodykit.
>>
I've got a 5-speed manual. When in first gear, if I don't use enough pressure on the throttle, the car lurches (I'm not sure if lurching is the right word). I think it also lurches (it's like I'm going on and off of the gas when I'm not) if I down shift into 1st gear, while at a low speed, it also lurches.

What's causing this? Is it normal? Is something wrong with it? If something's wrong, what are some solutions?
>>
>>17813284
Do you mean the rpm drops under idle and it shakes?
>>
>>17813290
I don't think the rpm drops under idle (it's possible, I don't know), but it doesn't shake or rattle, just like I'm
>gas
>break
>gas
>break
but not break as in complete stop, just a slow-down.
>>
Did the JDM have its variant of the CONVERTIBLE g37 (with all its optional packages) under the Nissan v36 flag? Yes or no?
>>
>>17810820
>nails don't go past the finger
Are you retarded?
>>
>>17813306
So when you are off the throttle the car changes speed permanently?
>>
>>17813325
When I'm off the throttle, it slows down permanently.
>>
File: CAM10205.jpg (95KB, 1000x580px) Image search: [Google]
CAM10205.jpg
95KB, 1000x580px
>>17813266
factory five 818. its a kit car it uses a WRX as the donor.

buddy said a guy at the local subaru club has one and its really fast.
>>
>>17813330
Does it only slow down or does it speed up again?
>>
>>17813339
It just slows down.
>>
File: IMG_20170830_121637.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170830_121637.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
What sort of glue should i use to fix this?
>>
>>17813352
Polyurethane
>>
File: Jeep_Grand_Cherokee_WJ_34h.jpg (316KB, 1985x1203px) Image search: [Google]
Jeep_Grand_Cherokee_WJ_34h.jpg
316KB, 1985x1203px
>>17809128

You're better off with a Grand Cherokee. The engine and the transmission are from older-gens Mercedes MLs.
Grand Cherokees are hailed as very reliable cars, due to Mercedes parts and are excelent off-roaders. Not quite Defender levels of off-roading, but up there with the Land Cruiser.
Just avoid the Fiat Grand Cherokees which were a massive downgrade from the previous ones.

I'd buy one but I'm afraid that by the time I can afford the taxes on a 2.7L diesel, they will be old and rusty.

P.S. Go for the 3.0 cdi model if you can afford it.
>>
File: IMG_1318.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1318.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>17813334
There's a WRX under there? That's fucking cool. Thanks anon, have this
>>
I need to buy a dashcam, what brands/models are recommended?
>>
>>17813487
yes
>>
>>17813359

Since I'm here, might aswell ask.

So basically winter is coming and I have no experience with RWD. I have plenty with FWD and 4x4 stuff, even in hard winter, but never RWD.

So what should I look for as a precaution for the winter ? Anything else besides some more expensive tires ? Do I also need a bang of sand in the trunk ? Can anyone recommend a good brand of tires for a rwd car ?
The car has a rather pigly 129 bhp and the wheels are 16" because comfort. I'm a gentle driver so I don't care about performance that much.

Thank you so much for your time !
>>
>>17813597
Not him, but some tips:
Drive slow for safe stopping and turning
Any studded winter tires will work, maybe some are better idk
DSC is helpful for less wheelspin but it's not perfect
Keep cat litter or sand, and a shovel for getting unstuck
You (probably) don't need extra weight as bmws are well balanced
>>
>>17813636

Thank you so much for your answer Sir !
Unfortunately, studded tires are illegal in my country ( europeasant ).
I dunno what a DSC is but if it's related to the ABS then everything is fine, just recently changed the brake fluid. As for the shovel, I always carry one as the municipality forgets to clean the streets of snow. Everybody has to shovel his/her way out of the parking lot, every morning.

Can you recommend some good winter tires ? I've gone for Pirelli Ceat Winter previously, and I've been more than satisfied with them.
>>
just adjusted my timing, noticed that not only is my timing light incredibly dim but the timing marks hover + or - 5 degrees from the proper spot
just changed plugs so is my rotor worn out?
>>
>>17813649
>Sir
hondafags get out
>>
>>17813665

I'm actually the guy with the E90. I guess I shouldn't speak remotely professional around here. For a moment I forgot I was on 4chin.

I shall commit Sudoku.
>>
>>17809664
Stop calling it an ARB you sound retarded.
>>
File: 5426609783_c6c7b75cf0_b.jpg (308KB, 1024x957px) Image search: [Google]
5426609783_c6c7b75cf0_b.jpg
308KB, 1024x957px
>>17813675
;););)
>>
>>17812692
>I need to transfer the latheral load somewhere, that is why I want to reduce the lifting force on the front inner tire and increase the lifting force on the rear inner tire.
But since your problem happens on corner exit during acceleration, your main focus should be longitudinal weight transfer, not lateral. The longitudinal transfer is what is depriving your front axle of most of the load.

>If you have a harder ARB on one axle than on the other, the one with the harder ARB has more load transfer.
It doesn't have more load, it just happens faster with the stiffer ARB. Given enough time, an axle with no ARB will transfer just as much weight to the outside as the same axle with the stiffest ARB available.

>That leads to a verry low load on the (in this case) rear inner tire and a verry high load on the outer tire and almost no load transfer on the front axle.
But since, again, we are talking about a corner exit problem, where the lateral load transfer mostly already happened because we are at the end of a turn and the main imbalance in the car is happening because of (mostly) longitudinal acceleration, you solution won't solve much.
You are trying to apply corner entry physics to a corner exit situation.
What happens here is: rear axle gets progressively more loaded than the front because you are accelerating and inner tires get progressively as loaded as the outer tires because you are straightening your trajectory. You aren't actively lifting the inner tires anymore, they are going back to where they were.

>That won´t change the latheral load transfer significantly
You underestimate the impact springs have on the handling of a car

>They only change how I enter a corner, on sustained corners they do exactly nothing.
Which is not the case we are discussing, they change how fast the load is being transferred both laterally and longitudinally, so they work perfectly for a corner exit situation like yours

>Not available
That sucks
>>
Could I get away with 240z fender flares on an MA60 supra? The oem ones are unobtainable
>>
Does anybody here own a 1st gen Scion TC? How do you like it? I want to get one as a daily.
>>
>>17808751
guess you're ready cuz im waiting for you...
>>
about to bite the bullet and get a Honda Accord Euro 2007. Is there anything else that would be the same price that looks as stylish and is reliable?
>>
File: IMG_0090.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0090.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
Quick help on pic, what sensor is this?

It's on a 1985 3.0 olds Calais
It's not map, tps or maf and the car stalls and lugs when it's plugged in and flawlessly when unplugged but I am unable to find out what exactly it is
>>
whats 8+4
>>
File: ConcernedMuricanBirdo.png (432KB, 605x600px) Image search: [Google]
ConcernedMuricanBirdo.png
432KB, 605x600px
Which state offers the most FREEDOM in terms of cars, modification, etc.?
>>17815688
>>
Is volvo c30 2.0 diesel any good? found one with 180k km is it too much or are volvos reliable?
>>
>>17815677
idle air solenoid probably. unbolt it and look
>>
>>17816062
Pretty much any state that doesn't require emissions and safety testing. SC is one.
>>
>>17813352
Fabric glue. Literally in the fabric section of most craft shops.
>>
>>17813379
No just the engine/drive train. the body and frame come wholly from a kit.

IIRC they flip the drive train and make it a Midengine/awd car.
>>
File: mann-filters.jpg (197KB, 980x656px) Image search: [Google]
mann-filters.jpg
197KB, 980x656px
What's /o/ opinion on MANN filters?
>>
Retard here. What kinds of maintenance operations does a car need? I know you need to change the oil every 3 months or some thousand miles, and there is also the gas tanks that must be full, but those two, what else is there in terms of 'car chores'?
>>
>>17816765
Your car should have a manual with maintenance intervals stating which parts need to be inspected and which parts need to be replaced (air filters, coolant/lubricant, brake pads, etc.)
>>
I have the a fucking stupid question.

If I want to downshift while normally driving, should I change 1 gear at a time or could I go straight to the desired gear?

For instance it happens that I'm in 4th gear travelling at 50 km/h, so the engine is spinning at low rpm, and then I approach a corner so as I want engine brake to slow me down instead of using brakes I just skip from 4th to 2nd gear, slow down and have the engine at a medium rpm range so I can exit the corner quickly.

NA engine, 3 cylinders 1.0 Yaris shitbox.
>>
>>17816817
I go from 5th to 3rd regularly when braking, it doesn't harm anything so long as you're rev matching.
>>
>>17816808
That sounds like a lot of things. On an average decent car, every how many days or so is there some maintenance to be done (not counting filling the gas tank)?
>>
can automatics be fun?
>>
>>17808745
How do i do a compression test without genociding my battery?
>>
>>17817033
Despite what /o/ tells you, yes they can still be fun. You're still in direct control of the car, just not the transmission
>>
>>17817053
if you're worried about that, you need a new battery anyway
>>
>>17816765
Tires
Check pressure, if possible buy a pressure gauge and check them in the morning before driving, preferably every day but you could do it every 3 days or once a week, though you could be wasting fuel and wearing your tires, or in a really bad case even risking blowing a tire with too low a pressure (and too high a speed, tire overheats and goes boom eventually)
Good wheel alignment (this will be affected by the car's age/condition/if it had a collision/if you rally it or something) and balancing will save you money and wear. Look for wear indicators and uneven wear across all 4 tires
Their age is also critical, 6 years since it's been manufactured is about the limit. Do learn about your tires
Sincerely, someone who almost died from an old tire bursting, and who enjoyed 2 truck tires exploding, one 3 and the other 7 feet away from him

Fluids needed are the engine coolant/antifreeze (either the correct type, or a universal one), transmission fluid (be it manual or automatic, still needs the proper oil in there), if rear wheel drive it needs rear differential oil, if 4x4 or all-wheel-drive then it needs center differential oil/transfer case oil, possibly front diff oil. If front wheel drive, it usually has the same fluid as the transmission but check your vehicle on that one

Filters needed are air, fuel, and oil. Maybe your air conditioner also has one, and it could be clogged and dirty

Brakes, if discs, check both brake pads and rotors (they have a minimum thickness to them, it's not a good idea to drive with worn rotors, and worse, worn pads), as well as drum brakes (these have to be taken apart to know if they're worn out, but it's a rather simple job)

Of course windshield wipers and it's fluid/water in the reservoir, because it sucks not seeing in the rain

There are many little things you could check in an old/used car, like the CV boots and wheel bearings

>>17817033
Pic related
>>
>>17817073
I've got to crank my engine at least 16 times, would that not kill it?
>>
>>17816850
Thanks
>>
>>17811724
Just wondering what other terms 4chan automatically changes...?

Anyone care to chime in on this?
>>
>>17812125
Really... Not one person can expand on the topic of awd vs rwd?
>>
Gonna get a new car. Should I get the Civic Hatchback Sport or the Civic Si? Car will be a daily. Does the Si justify its higher price tag?
>>
>>17817080
Shouldn't be too be hard on it, really, unless you have an old diesel engine
However, if it's bad enough that it worries you, your battery might be bad already, or something else might be worth looking at, IMO

Anyways, maybe borrow/rent/buy a battery charger? You do need some decent RPMs to get proper readings

>>17817090
Can't find all that much good info on it's specific AWD system, but it seems it's the type that is RWD until wheels slip, and then power is transferred to the front. That should help mitigate understeer, but I don't know how that will affect your driving, since I never kansei'd in a car with that sort or AWD arrangement, and that's not really the type of vehicle that absolute madmen go for when aiming for a driver's chariot

All that said, the AWD will give you an advantage in low-grip conditions and off the line (provided it doesn't overheat, or have a failure), but will give you less fuel economy and less acceleration past the very start, since it's heavier. Also likely to be dynamically inferior since it has more weight around the front axle, meaning a bit more understeer, etc etc
>>
>97 ford f150 4wd
>looking to replace the PCV
>cant find it
there's just too much shit in the engine bay and I have no idea what I'm looking for. how can I locate this bitch?
>>
TL;DR looking for tiny turbo with good aftermarket support, for use in small diesel truck, size along the lines of Garrett GT15

Been looking at replacing the worn-out, hard-to-find-parts-and-service-for unit that comes with my truck. What little I could find out is that Borgwarner makes a "replacement", though I haven't got any more info. Holset has about what I want, but I'd like to know if there are any more alternatives I'm not aware of

Been looking everywhere, but unless I'm doing something very wrong in my search, there are few maps/data for turbos out there save for Garrett and Holset ones, which is why I may have to go with them

I know that a slightly up-rated version of the engine later on came equipped with a Garrett GT15, and they have good support where I live, so I'm leaning on those anyway

Anyone have input or recommendations on this?
>>
>>17808745
Is it true that you cars with older turbos can't be turned off immediately after driving them, so you need to sit in the car for a while while it cools down or some shit before turning it off?
>>
???

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/d/2002-subaru-wrx-wagon/6286479190.html
>>
File: 71Io2X4YCGL._SL1500_.jpg (106KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
71Io2X4YCGL._SL1500_.jpg
106KB, 1500x1500px
I've always used Haynes manuals but how does Chilton's compare? The photos in Haynes suck.

>>17808860
Use some of this stuff.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170904-105131.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170904-105131.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>17817397
Forgot pic
>>
>>17810897
What decisions did you make in life to end up with this choice? I'd like to know so I can avoid it.
>>
On the top panel of my car the clear coat, paint, and primer has faded in certain areas and there are rusting spots. When cleaning my car should I even clean this panel? its fucked and it feels like a waste of time.
>>
Anything I should know about the Alfa Romeo 147? Looking at one near my area with low kms and a good price
>>
>>17817397
Any turbocharged vehicle, even modern ones, need some time to cool down the HOT part of the turbo that receives the exhaust gases, and avoid cooking and therefore plugging the oil line that keeps the turbo alive. Maybe some of the new ones with electric oil pumps keep the pump working after you turn the engine off to prevent damage to the turbo when it's too hot

It's not necessary if you're just city driving, but if driving on the highway, or towing, or asking a lot out of the engine, you need to give it a few minutes because the thing is way too hot and will destroy the oil that remains near the turbo while the engine is off

My 2009 Toyota turbodiesel advises: been doing 50 MPH highway, then let it idle before shutting off engine, for something like 1 minute. Been driving at 60 MPH, let it idle for like 3 minutes. Been driving at 70, idle for 5 or so minutes. So it's important that the turbo cools down, since the thing will be spinning at anything between 50 thousand and 150 thousand RPM when on full boost, and cooked oil clogging the pipes is no good

That's with diesel engines having lower exhaust gas temperatures than gasoline cars, too

>>17817479
You mean the roof, or what "top panel? Is it leaking inside anywhere? Or is it just surface rust?
>>
>>17817498
yeah, just the roof / top panel portion. its just surface rust, no spot is bigger than a dime but there are several of them.
>>
>>17817425
Chiltons is haynes by another name.

Get a shop manual or if they make one for your car, A Bentleys
>>
>>17817498
Makes sense. So then why are people still attracted to buying turbos if you can't leave the car after driving it? The inconvenience of having to babysit a car for a few minutes everytime you drive would surely piss enough people off?
>>
Opinion on Starla exhaust? I just need a good replacement for my Volvo. Walker is also available, for not too much more.
>>
What can you tell me about 2007 LEXUS IS 220D SE? I like how it looks and I heard lexus is reliable on /o/. I don't know much about them since I live in Albania all we got are german cars mostly.
Is 200k km too much for it? what about 6500 euro price? since theres no others i got nothing to compare it to dont want to overpay.
>>
File: dei_with_intercooling.jpg (49KB, 669x800px) Image search: [Google]
dei_with_intercooling.jpg
49KB, 669x800px
>>17808745
I put a carb from a larger engine onto a smaller engine. 300ci -> 200ci.

I plan to run E85 in it.

Should I re-jet the carb before I run ethanol or just send it?
>>
File: review brah.png (558KB, 936x494px) Image search: [Google]
review brah.png
558KB, 936x494px
What is this car?
>>
>>17817798
90's T-bird
>>
Why does /o/ suck Mazda's cock?
>>
File: cheaptarboinstallation.jpg (167KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
cheaptarboinstallation.jpg
167KB, 768x576px
>>17817501
I got some of those, and personally clean the panel, but don't care all that much since the paint is all screwed. Probably not good for the material, but mine is a beater

>>17817548
Turdbo/supercharger, when properly done, is a wonderful thing. More torks with a smaller displacement and lighter package (albeit at the cost of increased maintenance and greater part stress/requirements, yadda yadda), and in the case of turbo, no need to take 20, 30 or more horsepower off the crank just to compress the air that goes into the engine. Also, sadly, lots of marketing wank, but there's legit merit to it, just not what's usually pushed by advertisers

Now, on the idling thing, it doesn't bother me personally, as I love my vehicles and it's like when I pre-lube the turbo on the large trucks after they haven't run in a while, or doing a string alignment in the garage, or fixing some wiring, or doing an oil change: I'm taking care of my vehicle, it's a reward to take proper care of what I have. I guess having a passion for it helps, too

Even without it, it's generally not a bother, since time goes by quick. In the rare occasions I do need to go from 70 MPH to a full stop in less than two minutes, just I wait for a while. It doesn't prevent me from, say, fueling up just as quick, or whatever I usually have to do. I generally have one or two minutes to spare, though usually I just think ahead and slow down a bit a minute before I need to stop

For others: remember, most people don't read the manual. They don't even know where it is in the first place, so there are a lots of dumbasses out there killing their turbos (and their engines, albeit a bit more slowly) by turning off their cars without idling them for a while after driving hard

I should mention there's also the water-cooled option for turbos, for this very reason. To read more, here:

https://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/sites/default/files/Garrett_White_Paper_01_Water_Cooling.pdf
>>
The radio reception in my toyota matrix is really shoddy. If I go near any other cars or close to any buildings I start to lose signal. What should I check to get better signal? I haven't looked too closely at it yet but the antenna is all there and not broken or anything.
>>
Good wagon for $3500 or less?.

Manual transmission pls
>>
>>17818060
You'll probably need to check the connection of the Jack in the back of the head unit. Which means you'll need to pull the head unit to look at it.

>>17818075
You're not going to find much, An older honda Accord, or mazda 6, Or Mazda Protege 5 are the only things that come to mind that are in that price range.
>>
>>17818261
I guess that will be a good time to nigger rig an aux cord into it as well, my bluetooth fm transmitter is awful to use and I dont like it speaking to me in chinese either
>>
>>17818268
Just be prepared that it may very well be the headunit itself causing the problem.
>>
I made a thread for this question anyways, so fuck too guys. It also didn't get replies, so in reality, fuck me.

>What's a good car that can be had sub 2k with a manual transmission? Only requirements is a decent aftermarket, and not slow as shit. I'd prefer something that isn't ugly, but fuck it.

>no miatas
>>
>>17809655
It's all about smiles per gallon, my man.

I daily drive my V8 and it's really not THAT bad
>>
>>17818331
>good car
>under 2k

It doesn't exist, although you could possibly get a running manual pickup for that much.
>>
Are Mitsubishi's reliable? I've seen a fee eclipses that look nice in my price range, but my brother in law, a diesel mechanic and a honda fanboy says they're shit.

>"come on anon, do you really want your car and your tv made by the same people?"
>>
>>17818403
I've found quite a few solid cars for under 2k, but I'm not sure which one I should settle for.
>>
>>17818407
I haven't really heard anything positive about mitsubishis to be honest
>>
>>17818414
let me guess, they're all FWD shitboxes?

You said 'good' with a 'decent aftermarket'
>>
>>17818429
By good, I mean reliable. Sure, FWD isn't as fun (to me) as a RWD, but you're stupid if you think FWD cars can't be good.
>>
>>17818434
So that's why most every major racing series like F1 Nascar, Rally, Lemans uses FWD cars right?

Oh they can be good, as grocery getter's yes but Seriously good cars either have the rear wheels turning or all wheels turning.
>>
>>17818451
Well no shit, Sherlock. You must work for NASA.

If I was looking to get a performance car, my budget wouldn't be capped at 2k. FWD seems to be my only option here.
>>
>>17818461
>If I was looking to get a performance car,

oh so we're supposed to be mind readers now? Oh wait, you wanted something with a good aftermarket with it which would imply you ARE looking for something sporty, unless you just plan on stancing or ricing the fuck out of it.
>>
Right, so I've got a 3800 Series II with a 4T60E transmission I want to put in a longitudinal car. What would be the best way of skipping over the differential in the 4T60E, welding it or trying to lock up one of the output shafts?
>>
More 300zx issues.

I have a really bad vibration on acceleration mainly under my seat and a bit in the steering wheel. When shifting gears it clunks and drops down and you can hear a pop noise sometimes putting into reverse. I'm assuming driveshaft (which is supposed to be a piece of shit in these cars) or ujoints? New to drivetrains so any way to test ?
>>
whats the best luxury coupe 10k or under?
>>
>>17818499
Lexus Czechem
>>
>>17818474
Sorry your tiny negro brain couldn't figure it out, bud.
>>
>>17810891

Actually c5s get great milage on the freeways and highways, its the traffic jams that will hurt. I got 30+ on my commute when I drove 45 miles one way (40 were highway miles)

>>17809655

Theyre fine DDs, I sold one with 250k on the clock that still ran great. Ls motors are simply amazing. I averaged 30+ mpgs on my commutes and had a blast in that car. Stop and go is where you lose any mpg advantage though. I commuted out of phoenix at 2pm though so I rarely hit traffic.
>>
How big a difference is there between the ls1 and lt1?
>>
>>17811152

Just run race fuel.
>>
I have a small rust spot. What is the best way to get it taken care of?
>>
>>17817766
>Should I re-jet the carb before I run ethanol or just send it?
Since the A/F ratio of ethanol is totaly different than on E5 you need to pump more fuel per aamount of air into the engine.
You need to use bigger jets for that reason.

Bonus:
You can increse the compression and gain torque and MPG for free.
>>
>>17818685
remove rust and paint over
>>
>>17812108

How the fuck can you have that much money and be so fucking retarded?

Inheritance?
>>
>>17813004

Rubbing alcohol
>>
How hard would it be to convert a 4th gen fbody to AWD?
>>
>>17818725

Stupid hard.
>>
Does anybody drive for Uber or Lyft?

How is it?

Would it be a bad idea to buy a cheap newer econobox like a Honda Fit exclusively to Uber with so you're not putting those miles on your nicer car?
>>
>>17818851
iirc uber has standards for their cars
not just any old shitbox can join
>>
>>17818908
Yeah, but I'm talking about getting some 2 or 3 year old Fit or Nissan Versa or whatever 4 door shitbox I can get cheap and don't give a shit about and Ubering on weekends.

The requirements for vehicle are pretty much
>2010 or newer
>4 doors
>can pass inspection
So that's easy.
>>
What are some small trucks that are cheap to insure? Theres a few jobs around here that require a truck, and ive been wanting to get something cheaper than my current car anyway (over 200/month)
>>
My boyfriend has a 2001 325i with a clean title - he's willing to give it to me for $1500. The car works perfectly fine and there's nothing wrong with it. However, I do wonder - how expensive are they to fix? I don't mind putting some money into a nice car, but for someone who can't do stuff more advanced than an oil change, is it going to be extremely costly?
>>
File: genesis logo.jpg (347KB, 1920x720px) Image search: [Google]
genesis logo.jpg
347KB, 1920x720px
Are the Koreans really going through a car renaissance right now like the Japanese in the 80s? It seems like they've gotten really popular and competitive these last few years even though the reputation I've known for them previously is bad to meh.

Completely unrelated question: Are there really any advantages to RWD other than slightly less weight and the ability to throw the back end out for fun times? I'm onnamountain and AWD seems to be better at just about everything other than throwing the car around corners on a track or winding path.
>>
>>17818917
They req'd 2004 or newer where I live. I sent them all the paperwork for my 2000 Jeep and no one ever gave a shit.
>>
Ad just says impreza, but isn't this an outback or something? As in impreza outback, but still
>>
>>17819575
>no roof rails, skinny wheels, tiny exhaust under stick-on chrome plastic bit.

Base model.
Looks exactly like the Impreza 1.6 I had last year.
5 speed with dual range, 4x4.

The US probably got a 1.8 (?)
>>
>>17819593
Ad claims a 2.2l, they ever come with that?
>>
File: 1977-mazda-929-6.jpg (445KB, 2408x1277px) Image search: [Google]
1977-mazda-929-6.jpg
445KB, 2408x1277px
Those cars are both Mazda rx-5/929/cosmo right?
>>
Mitsubishi Mirage, 127,000 km, $6000 AUD
Worth it? I need it to last lik 4-5 years, 1.5 minimum
Also, were I to get it, what's it like finding parts for this? I want to start modifying cars myself
>>
Where can I find something in this style that's at least 8 inches wide with a 5 x 4.5 bolt pattern? Explorer wheels pictured are the right bolt pattern but they're a bit too narrow.
>>
There is a na miata for sale in my town for 700 euros, but is was in a garage for the last 5 years. what would i have to do to get it running again? oil change, cooling liquid, new tires etc.?
>>
>>17820108
check anyhting rubber as well, wires and such
>>
>>17820108
Check the hose clamps for everything inside the engine bay, you might find something leaking
>>
if a car doesn't respond to a jump start AT ALL (as in no dash lights and no sound from the starter whatsoever) could the battery be the sole culprit or is something else wrong?
I managed to get it to jump earlier, but the engine didn't fire up, it just choked a bit (my guess is that the gas went bad or something, the car was sitting for two years and hadn't been driven much before then)
but after leaving it on a wall charger for a bit it stopped responding entirely
also I just realized I forgot to check the fuse box, that could be it if it didn't like the charger for whatever reason
>>
If any, what car manufacturer made cars with a hole in the seat between your legs for drinks?
>>
Would $900 be worth it for a 1999 Honda Civic, 2 door, manual, 200k miles, not sure what else may be wrong it yet. Front windshield seems smashed in though so it definitely would need to be replaced. Not sure what happened with it.
>>
>>17818595
What's the mileage you can expect to get on a day of downtown traffic jam?

>>17819337
Naw nigga, just no

It's an early model of an old german car, it'll have electrical issues and electronics will fail, and parts are pretty expensive, unless you know where to source them from

I'd have it as a project car or second car, you know, 4fun and stuff, but anything else and you might be in for a few days or even a week without your main vehicle, and fixing it won't be cheep

>>17820108
Changing brake fluid, oil and coolant are a must IMO, possibly need to drain fuel tank/fill fuel as well. Differential and transmission oils can be checked for level at first, but I'd change it as well, a bit of oil is much cheaper than a lot of metal. It would be good to change steering fluid as well, since it tends to be given absolutely no fucks and gets nasty as it can be

Cars (and many other things really) tend to fail either because rubber fails, or because lubrication fails, so guide yourself by that: little gaskets, engine/transmission seals, wiring, grease where it's needed, etc

Make sure you get the proper type of battery, don't want to come up with the wrong one and find that the cables aren't long enough to connect to it. Been there, done that

Checking the brakes while you bleed the old brake fluid, too. See if there's a pronounced lip around the edge of the rotors, because that might need addressing, either wearing out the lip (if rotors aren't too worn and lip isn't too big) or changing the rotors altogether. The best way to do this would be to get a micrometer and measure the discs, although you can just buy a caliper and do as video shows:

https://youtu.be/3xxRg_E1kgg?t=57s
>>
Is it hard to convert to electric fans? I kinda want to get a junkyard set of fans, and a temp probe kit and put it on my truck because it keeps eating fan clutches.
>>
>>17820974
If your truck came with e-fans in some model, then it should be rather easy, provided most of the wiring for the fans and whatevers is still there in your specific one

If your model didn't come with electrics somewhere, it's still fairly easy to do, as there are universal kits errywhere, but doing it properly is kinda hard since a proper, durable one with PWM seems to be just about impossible to find. Fabricobbling something together can be an option for ya, too
>>
File: received_1471038896315017.jpg (104KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
received_1471038896315017.jpg
104KB, 720x540px
what is this thing and what exactly does it do
>>
>>17821716
bug catcher
catch bugs
>>
>>17821729
pls no bully
>>
>>17821716
It's the intake
>>17820974
My friend has done this to his mk3 supra and it wasn't difficult. He did have an issue where he kept blowing a fuse for a bit. He swears it's the best mod he's ever done.

He did measure the shroud? and fans to make sure the ones he got from a junkyard would fit. He likes little projects like that though.

So yea, you can do it. I don't think it would be hard if you spend some time researching it and a weekend fitting it.
>>17820782
Yes, the auto have issues with transmissions. Chances are it does have an issue, like burning oil. I guess it also depends on if you have somewhere to work on it, and will have a little bit of extra money each month for repairs. There's so many tutorials and the parts for civics are very cheap. This is just my opinion though.
>>17820636
I had a similar issue recently and it was the battery connectors (the parts you tighten on to the battery poles). If it's the starter I thin you hear a clicking noise. The other thing I think it can be is the ignition switch, but I'd try the battery connectors. Even cleaning the ones I had extremely well didn't work, I had to buy new ones.

I think you'll need a voltmeter to do some tests. Another thing I think you need to check is the battery cable wires, if there's a ground coming off and grounded. If you google your issue, you can diagnose it by yourself. The fact that you don't hear the starter click makes me think that the power isn't reaching there. If the battery is giving a 12.5v reading (aka good battery) then I think it's the attachment to the cables. You can wiggle them and see if you get a bit of a reaction.
>>
>>17812108
I would buy the book rich dad poor dad and read it before making a decision on what to spend it. Basically it'll tell you that you should spend your money on assets, things that appreaciate vs liabilites, depreciating assets.

If I were you'd I'd look into buying a duplex/multifamily unit property (do not buy one apartment or home to rent) with a fha loan. Hell, you could use the profit from that to lease a brand new 35k car. Just think if you purchase a property for 100k and in provides 600/mo after expenses, you can lease for 3 years and maybe then the property will be up to 120k.
>>
>>17821780
the wall charger had a voltmeter, it was measuring about 2 volts and slowly dropping as it ran
>>
Peugeot:
>306
>307
>308
wich one is less trash?
>>
>>17811750
bump.

Also, when would be a better time to do a hand-break turn when there's left foot breaking available?

Should you step on the clutch when doing a Scandinavian Flick?

You don't clutch when you're lead-footing a RWD vehicle, so the stress to the drive train when using a different technique, like Hand-break, isn't so bad in comparison, right?
>>
When you operate the break and throttle, do you use the same heel position every time?

It seems like it'd be most beneficial to have a consistent footing position, especially when you're racing; and it seems like it's just sloppy technique if you don't have consistent footing positions.

Do some people have some tactile footing position indicators in their cars?
If these exist, are they sold somewhere?
>>
>>17823357
Pedal positions vary from cars to car, so its not really possible to be consistent.

I have to turn my foot at a more extreme angle to heel toe revmatch in my truck, vs my car.
>>
>>17823451
>so its not really possible to be consistent.
But can you not be more consistent within one car?

Tactile position indicators on the pedals, for instance.

Maybe even something basic, like a 3-sectioned pedal.

>top with horizontal grooves
>middle no grooves
>bottom vertical groove s
>>
How much would it cost to take a car to a tuning shop and have them install all of these?

>10 way adjustable heated/cooled leather seats
>powered seats, windows, mirrors and locks
>rear camera with parking assist
>~2005 info-tainment system with GPS
>paddle shifters
>alcantara interior
>retractable spoilers
>side skirts
>USB port, cup holders and other minor comfort/convenience features

Please give me a rough estimate of the price range.

Thank you very much.
>>
>>17823307
>hand-break turn
You won't overpower your moto-
>fwd
Why tho

Honestly, you don't need to drift unless you are on gravel or dirt or something. Focus on front suspension and grip, keep that contact patch hard on the ground for both wheels. Make sure the chassis is Rigid enough to effectively transfer forces between front wheels, and so you can actually tune your shocks properly.

Sliding is always bad on pavement due to Ackerman angle causing less front end grip, so you should at least get good tires on the rear. Or you can change your steering geometry and show off all you want. It doesn't matter for fwd, as long as the wheels are angled for the turning radius as best as possible
>>
>>17823505
>>
>>17808745
Is there such a thing as a "the fucking morons guide to cars and car nomenclature" style of article?

Something like the /k/ sticky, where you can go from a complete noguns retard to able to follow a basic thread without having your head fall off?

I want to into cars, and I've been lurking, but I'd like some extra material.
>>
>>17823656
It literally depends on the car, but that would probably take about 60-80 hours, if nothing has to be fabricated to install modifications. If anything has to be fabricated to make shit fit, then you can easily double or triple the labor time.

The rate for a decent indie is going to be $45-$80 an hour

So low end would be $2,700-3600, High end would be $4,800-6400, in just labor alone.
>>
>>17823780
Why do you think Wikipedia exists?
>>
>>17823806
No master "go read these articles and then come back"?
I mean, I've been googling a shitload of stuff, but it seems to me that somewhere someone would just say "start here"
>>
>>17823816
You want a a start here? Buy a $500 junker and some basic tools and start fixing it.

That's pretty much how most of us started, that or we forced to do regular maintenance on our daily drivers.
>>
>>17823801
And what percentage does labor alone contribute to the whole price usually?
>>
File: DSC_0233.jpg (3MB, 3920x2204px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0233.jpg
3MB, 3920x2204px
I was a retard yessterday and backed up into a van. What do you guys think, is this repairable by pulling? It looks a bit too small for something like that
>>
>>17823869
Have you tried googling the parts you want to install so you can see how much they sell for?
How do you expect strangers on the internet to know how much all that stuff cost?
>>
>>17821848
307, the 306 is too old and the 308 dropped in quality.
>>
>>17823970
Zoom out nigga I can't tell what part of the car this is.
>>
why do drifters normally go for lower suspension?
>>
1993 S10 2.8l serpentine belt

>Was squealing with AC running
>Threw belt
>Replaced belt
>Ran fine no issues
>Run AC again one day, no squealing
>Throws belt after a minute of driving like that
>never turn AC on again
>Now I cant get a belt to stay on long enough to drive it out of the driveway.
>>
>>17825291
With that being said

>put belt on the other day
>let it run with it on for a few minutes while I clean my other cars interior
>no problems at all
>shut it off, close the hood
>go to drive it later that night
>put it in gear and let out clutch
>belt instantly gets thrown
>>
>>17821848
308.2>308.1>306>>>307
307 is Renault Laguna 2 - tier unreliable. It is however pretty nice to throw around corners. When it works. Smol petrol engines might be the only engines you could trust on this model.
308.1 fixed this a bit but the pigfat design is really putting me off. It is however quite roomy inside.
308.2 has the latest versions of the 1.6 THP which seems to have stopped eating its timing chain, is the lightest car of its segment by hundreds of pounds and is, in my opinion, the best looking compact you can buy today. You have to get used to the i-cockpit thingy though.
306 was a god-tier car, bulletproof, with a good chassis, and peppy engines. However it is starting to get old and good examples become ever rarer.
Source: have driven all of them, dad owned a 307, close friend has a 308.1, uncle had a 306.
>>
>>17825207
It's the trunk lid of a miata, the dent is small in size but quite deep and on a narrow surface, will take a better pic soon
>>
>>17825327
Don't bother, just take it to an auto body shop an they'll fix it. Shouldn't be too expensive. Don't bother trying to fix it yourself, you'll never get it straight unless you have experience doing this kind of thing.
>>
>>17825232
less suspension movement
less chance to flip when sideways
>>
>>17820669
>never been done before
let's see some prototypes so we can fund it
>>
>>17820072
>what is the internet?
>what are wheel shops?
>what is this craigslist you speak of?

>>17819370
>why are korean cars so popular?
because people like cheap econoboxes and every established manufacturer forgets this

>he doesn't know that RWD weighs more than FWD
if snowy onamountain i'd recommend AWD or FWD
>>
Is Miata a good car to learn manual on? Every Miata I looked online was either beaten to shit or modded to shit. What another car is a better to learn manuial on?
>>
>>17813259
Nah it isn't bad. But why would you do that? Get a real manual faggot.
>>
>>17825726
A miata or just about any Honda. Both have pretty light clutches and are forgiving.
>>
>>17816409
That's bad ass to be honest.
>>
File: Toyota-S-FR_Concept-2015-1280-0e.jpg (125KB, 1280x821px) Image search: [Google]
Toyota-S-FR_Concept-2015-1280-0e.jpg
125KB, 1280x821px
New Thread - >>17825798

New Thread - >>17825798

New Thread - >>17825798

New Thread - >>17825798

New Thread - >>17825798
>>
File: IMG_0306.png (456KB, 338x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0306.png
456KB, 338x600px
I fell pretty flat when my mom asked me for car advice
>They recently bought 2016 ram hemi (dads)
>Putting too many kms on ram >Toyota Sequoia is pos (moms)
>want a safe, luxurious car for highway use (snow)
>should be better on gas than v8
>stay away from German luxury small town don wanna get snobbed and robbed
>>
>>17825829

Safe, Luxurious, non-German, better econ than v8

4x4s:

- Volvo XC60, XC90
- Range Rover Sport
- Jaguar F-Pace
- Acura RDX, MDX
- Infiniti QX60, QX70
- Lexus NX, RX
- Toyota 4Runner
- Honda Pilot
- Mazda CX-9
- Kia Sorento
- Dodge Durango
- Jeep Grand Cherokee
- GMC Acadia, Yukon
- Chevrolet Traverse, Tahoe
- Lincoln MKC, MKX
- Ford Explorer
- Cadillac XT5

Saloons/Estates:

- Volvo S90/V90
- Jaguar XE, XF, XF Sportbrake
- Acura TLX
- Infiniti Q50, Q70
- Lexus ES, GS
- Toyota Avalon
- Honda Accord
- Kia Cadenza
- Kia K900
- Hyundai Sonata
- Dodge Charger
- Chevrolet Impala, Malibu
- Cadillac CTS, XTS, CT6
- Lincoln MKZ, Continental
- Ford Fusion, Taurus

obviously not all of these have AWD, ur family might hate ford, whatever. this is a pretty full list for safe fancy efficient cars.
>>
>>17823656
So, the power windows, locks, rearview camera with park assist, and the infotainment system are all easily gotten with aftermarket gear. They make servos for the window and locks, and an Android stereo with a rearview camera covers the rearview with park assist. Other than that, it just depends on what other models had as well as what's available with aftermarket parts.
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.