[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dedicated Motorcycle Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

>Post bikes

>Post gear

>Ask motorcycle related questions

>Tell motorcycle related stories

>Why'd you start riding?

>What bike do you want to get?

I need t preface my story by saying that I have no mechanical experience and I am extremely incompetent working with this kind of stuff.
I bought a 2007 Honda Rebel almost a year ago and its been giving me tons of problems. The clutch ended up going out and asshole mechanics tried to charge me 400 dollarydoos to fix it. I attempted to fix it myself, breaking two clutch assemblies. I decided today that the bike isnt worth the the time or effort to fix by myself. I installed the latest clutch assembly, but I mustve reassembled it incorrectly because the clutch had no tension. Either way, I was planning on selling the bike after it was fixed to get a brand new one.

I want to upgrade to something more powerful, at least a 500. I like the classic style of the rebel or bikes like that, but I also like sports bikes and I'm not really sure which kind I want to buy

here are my options:
> New Honda Rebel 500
new take on classic style, but after dealing with the bullshit that was the internals of my motorcycle, I dont really want another rebel
>Kawasaki Ninja 650
>Honda CBR 650R (or maybe the CBR 500R)
looks like they only have one color scheme for them though now which sucks
>Yamaha YZF-R6
my buddy has one and swears by it, but I dont want to break the bank
>some kind of cruiser or cafe cruiser but I dont know any in particular

Things that are important for my purchase:
>dont want to break the bank
>motorcycle/manufacturer must be reliable and well made
>has to look good obviously, color options are important

I dont know much about motorcycles, but I love riding, please help
>>
File: 2007-Honda-Rebel.jpg (113KB, 1280x664px) Image search: [Google]
2007-Honda-Rebel.jpg
113KB, 1280x664px
>>17689496
also I'd like the motorcycle to be relatively small and easy to maneuver because i'm small
>>
>>17689496
Go out and ride a bunch of bikes, figure out what you want.

Your choices seem to be at odds with eachother so getting some real world experience would be best.

Anything Japanese that's been maintained should be pretty reliable.
>>
SV650
>>
>>17689847
Its really hard to go wrong with the Kawa paralell twins or the Suzi vtwin.
>>
File: 14-400x300.jpg (48KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
14-400x300.jpg
48KB, 400x300px
>>17690920

/dbt/ is this way ladas
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.