[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FRIDGES AND SHIT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: 41PSXWz-SuL.jpg (24KB, 474x500px) Image search: [Google]
41PSXWz-SuL.jpg
24KB, 474x500px
Hey guys, I bought a killer fridge but it's too hot outside. The manufacturer specifications say it's good in ambient temperatures up to 90 degrees, but I'm in Utah and it's in the 90s and 100s for the weather and inside my car is of course much hotter out in the sun. The fridge works great when it's not the hottest part of the day, but when it's 90+ the thing just shits out and keeps turning itself off to stop sucking power from my 12v outlet despite the fridge being set on low battery protection mode. Obviously this isn't working for things which need to remain cool and the temperature reading shows 60s-70s inside the fridge because it stopped cooling with the oven-like temperatures of a sun-baked suburban.
I've read about people insulating fridges like this with different materials but my local Lowe's only seemed to have one type of polystyrene insulation in the isle and I'm not sure that's the best tuff to use and if I use it will it even work. I have the one inch thickness but am thinking about returning it and buying two inch thickness before I cut it and surround all four sides, top, and bottom with this stuff which just looks like styrofoam with a shiny, aluminum side.

>tl;dr
Anybody have experience insulating a 12v fridge for camping and sleeping in your car in hotter weather?
>>
>>>/diy/
>>
>>17504759
This is cars.
A car fridge is good for car forums. It's even in a suburban. This is a suburban board.
>>
>>17504759
Maybe you're right. I'll post it there too.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.