[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jobs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_4178.jpg (293KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4178.jpg
293KB, 1080x1920px
What's up guys, I'm looking to work for a dealership or garage and and I prefer to go in person even though I know applications are online.
However, my ears are stretched so I have a question for those of you who work in the field.
Should I leave them in or take them out and have the holes just there.
Thanks
>>
stop posting pics of your highschool bully
>>
File: 1459579003969.gif (437KB, 245x118px) Image search: [Google]
1459579003969.gif
437KB, 245x118px
god you look like such a faggot

however the auto industry doesnt quite discriminate as much as any other job, you should take them out when speaking to a manager or interviewing.
>>
>>17261586
I want to see the fuckboi who gets bullied by THAT
>>
Put 10mm sockets in there, then they'll know you mean business (and have at least 2 10mm sockets, 2 more than many techs)
>>
File: 1461183582584.png (118KB, 315x233px) Image search: [Google]
1461183582584.png
118KB, 315x233px
>>17261611
you've seen the average /o/tist, right?
>>
>>17261573
Yeah, take your ears off and just leave the holes.
>>
>>17261627
>you've seen the average /o/tist, right?
Havent been here in 3 years. Did Sieg ever show his face?
>>
>>17261573
Won't those just heal closed in a few weeks?
>>
All jokes aside, I own a delearship with my own forecourt, and although I have no problem with it I would prefer it if you did not have them in, as it's not so much what I think but what potential customers might.
>>
>>17261641
sieg left us to become a /fa/ legend

he probably has
>>
>>17261573
It's hard to say for sure, it just depends on the manager that's doing the hiring. We have a tech at our dealership that wears plugs, but usually leaves them out while he's punched in. Also, do you have any ASEs or other certifications? Though not required, they do look good when you're trying to get hired.
>>
Thought I hit reply (probably did and this will be another post so I'll shorten this one and don't mean any disrespect)
My ears won't exactly close up in a couple weeks, it has to do with the size I had them at.
I LOVE the 10mm socket idea haha I laughed harder than I should have
I appreciate the insight from a business owner, it really means a lot
I do have a handful of my student ASE certifications (some I have yet to take as we hadn't covered the material in class).
I'll probably take them out and wait a little bit before I start trying to leave my construction job.
Also, I know student certifications really don't mean much.
>>
>>17261573
I live in the deep south in a fairly rural area. I can guarantee you that 75% of local shops would turn you down based on your appearance alone. With that kind of look you're kind of broadcasting "I'm different, I'm a rebel, I play by my own rules" which doesn't really set well in a shop environment.
>>
>>17261882
damn that sounds like a shithole termi
>>
let me get a large #2
>>
>>17261623
kek
>>
>>17261907
What, its a shithole because we don't put up with special snowflake cunts who have a habit of acting entitled?
>>
>>17261916
Underrated post.
>>
>>17261938
No it's a backward shithole for not being more accepting of homosexuality.
>>
>shops caring about piercings or tattoos or spacers or crazy hair or being an ex con or literally anything
Mechanics are mechanics for a reason
>>
>>17261956
Seems you've lost your way. Lemme give you some directions.
>>>/lgbt/
>>>/pol/
>>>/r/eddit
>>
I completely agree with the fact that customers have to feel comfortable with you, but I also live in New Jersey (if being in a liberal state means anything).
I already assumed I'd be turned away due to my plugs, and that's the price you pay for having them.
(Also not really sure if you're calling me a snowflake but they're a disgrace imo)
>>
File: 1495489627736.jpg (21KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1495489627736.jpg
21KB, 320x320px
>>17261938
basically yes
>>
File: 2017-01-31 22.03.22.jpg (3MB, 2755x1814px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-31 22.03.22.jpg
3MB, 2755x1814px
>>17261907
It's alright. Nice beaches and mountains are within a few hours drive. The cost of living is one of the lowest in the country, and there are ample job opportunities for a man willing to work for a living.

But yeah an automotive shop is probably the least politically correct environment in existence aside from maybe a prison. If you have any semblance of individualism you should definitely avoid the automotive field.
>>
>>17261573
I'm a manager at a dealership & would never want to deal with an attention craving faggot with that shit in their ears. Application in the garbage faggot.
>>
Anyone with ear lobe plugs has their resume thrown directly in the trash.

It generally means you won't come into work / will request time off, you'll underperform, and you won't stick with the job.

Ear lobe stretching directly defines someone as a person that failed to have a personality that was naturally charismatic, and resorted to other methods of acceptance that put social standing over any sort of common sense. The only way you could make things worse is facial tattoos.
>>
>>17261573
I'm not the most judgemental person, but stretched ears and other types of terrible looking piercings just look retarded, I don't see the appeal of it at all. I really can't fathom how people can get that shit and think it's acceptable in a professional environment let alone in public.
>>
>>17262465
what is the problem with requesting time off anon?
>>
You'll have better luck at a fast food joint or Walmart.
>>
>>17262511
I didn't really complete that statement. I meant that they will regularly request time off (like every fucking month).
>>
>>17262532
They don't even request days, they'll just take them off randomly and show up the next day like nothing happened.
>>
>>17261573
>However, my ears are stretched
>Should I leave them in or take them out and have the holes just there

You should take those shit gauges out anyways.
>>
>>17262566
That's what they do if they get denied the day off. They take it off anyways and say they were sick.
>>
Why would I hire some self mutilating non conformist when I could hire a normal person instead?

I mean, you just know the weirdo is going to be a problem employee.
>>
>>17261961
As bad as it sounds, he's right. A license disqualification or speeding tickets is considered a qualification for the job.
>>
>>17261698
underrated
>>
>>17261573
>stretched ears
>asking for advice on an anime imageboard
>thinking any faggot on /o/ knows shit about having a job

Shiggy niggy doo
>>
>>17261573
Leave them in - everything needs lifting eyes
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.