[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hybrid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Can you negr/o/s educate me on cars?

Why manual? >Live in City
What's wrong with FWD wheel drive?
More horsepower = less fuel economy so why do you guys need that?
What's wrong with hybrids?

I'm looking into trading my 2013 CRV for 18K and getting a Hybrid for fuel economy and a second car for my wife. I was looking into getting a new Prius, around 5K. The sticky is old so can someone educate me.
>>
>>17160387
>trading in my 2013 CRV
>18K
good luck
>>
>>17160403
>this nigga
>>
>>17160387
Manual transmission is just more fun and can get better mpg. FWD is just bad for performance on a track but in reality unless you live in Canada or somewhere that snows a lot you don't need AWD but more horsepower is just more fun having that feeling of getting thrusted back into your seat when you step on it is what it's all about. Your not going to get 18k from a 2013 CRV unless it's low miles and you sell privately OP
>>
>>17160387
>asking /o/ for legit advice but not meme and shits
not the right place, i guess
>>
>>17160521
30K miles and thanks for the explanation. So /o/ doesn't hate hybrids. Thank you btw

Also ironically, I got a CRV for AWD because it snows quite a bit in NYC. However, if the snow is too bad, no one comes to work so its not problem.
>>
>>17160387
>more horsepower = less fuel economy

Not exactly how that works
Apart from that, there's nothing wrong with autos, fwd's or hybrids
>>
>>17160521
eh, actually current gen auto transmission has better mpg tho.
>>
All those things you mentioned have to do with how enthusiasts view cars. You're on a car board, so naturally people are going to care about shit that you don't give a crap about, like driving feel, responsiveness, fun, style, etc. You're just getting a car for a to b transportation, so everything you see on here won't apply to you because you don't give a shit about cars
>>
>>17160387
My daily driver is a 2008 Camry Hybrid. It's nice, very good on the highway, no major problems, and has about 230k miles on it. Gets lower mileage than promoted but I'm ok with that.

Very boring to drive, although it is faster to 60 the base Camry.
>>
>>17160452
You realize they'll only give you like 60% of the value of a car on a good day, and that they sell it for like 20% above value? How retarded are you?
>>
>>17160552
Most actually have for quite a while now. Maybe like 30 year old autos were worse, but 00+ definitely not... You can find maybe a couple models where the manual is better but it's always some retard vehicle no one buys and a company who makes shitty autos anyway.

Autos are actually a lot cheaper to maintain, too. If you change the ATF on time, unless you have an FCA vehicle the transmission will outlast pretty much everything else in the car. A manual needs clutches and is more prone to breaking just by using it as designed.
>>
>>17160387
racism goes on

>>>/b/
>>
>>17160387
There nothing wrong with fwd or automatic cars
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.