[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pls pls pls help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_3570.jpg (168KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3570.jpg
168KB, 750x1334px
This just fell off my car, what is it? The breaks stopped working for a second but they're okay now, I'm at work and I'm a delivery driver, should I call out for the night?
>>
File: 1443313643728.jpg (37KB, 502x460px) Image search: [Google]
1443313643728.jpg
37KB, 502x460px
surely this is bait
>>
>>17108785
No, I'm srs
>>
Doesn't look like anything important. Might just be part of the splash guard.
>>
That's the wheel mushroom, it's supposed to do that, just continue on like nothing happened
>>
>>17108791
Your brakes are most definitely not okay right now.
>>
>>17108791
yeah you need new brakes because yours literally fell off one wheel
>>
Honda General?
>>
>breaks

>>>/out/
>>
>>17108816
>>17108805
Thank you, I know it's really dumb but I had no clue what that was
>>
>>17108782
>but they're okay now
DO NOT DRIVE THE CAR
you're using the caliper piston as a brake pad, and that will be very expensive
>>
>>17108782
Is your car a Honda?
>>
>>17108921
Yeah, thank you, I won't, a mechanic is on his way and I'll take it from there
>>
>>17108928
Yes
>>
>>17108782
top fucking kek. thats the brake pad, the brakes didnt work because you used all the volume of the master cylinder to push the caliper piston out enough to compensate for the missing brake pad, thus using the piston as the brake pad. it might already be fucked even if you only used the brakes once, but calipers on a delivery vehicle probably arent very expensive anyways.
>>
>>17109003
thank you, my dad made the trip helped me figure out (the mechanic just came and shrugged at my car and let me know "it's broken") what i need to replace now, and like you said i need a new caliper and 2 rotors which all comes out to like one fiddy which i guess is okay

im an idiot for ignoring the weird feeling that started when i was breaking a few days ago, serves me right
>>
File: 1491275821624.png (218KB, 574x437px) Image search: [Google]
1491275821624.png
218KB, 574x437px
How the fuck do you not know what a brake pad looks like? Lmao
>>
>>17110134

Learning the feels and noises car problems make takes time, but you know now for the rest of your life if your brakes start feeling fucky, its best to have them checked. Luckily this doesn't sound expensive, so it was a cheap lesson. Cars are machines with many parts, learning the basics doesn't take much, just like you don't have to know how to build a computer to use one, same with cars.
>>
>>17110195
I'm not a car enthusiast or anything, I've just been driving for a few months,
+ I know now lmao
>>17110262
You're right, ill try to be more attentive

Despite this being a silly question, thank you everyone who helped me out and told me about what my problem was and why it happened, have a good day /o/ ~
>>
>>17108782
You know I have never really been a fan of the current automotive braking systems. Like, there isn't much holding the pads in place outside of some lateral force and a meme groove. I guess the little springs help too but those fucking things are a pain in the ass and always break. Sometimes they are even removed
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.