[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Motorcycle thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: CBR500 with r-77.jpg (109KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
CBR500 with r-77.jpg
109KB, 1024x576px
So I'm gonna install the Yoshimura R-77 full exhaust system on my CBR500R. I have never done any mechanical work on a bike before. Anything I should be careful of or watch for? I'm mainly just nervous about messing around with the sensors and headers.
>>
>>17091141
Shouldn't it be pretty straight forward? I mean just bolt it on right?

I'm not a bike fag btw plz no bully
>>
>>17091150
Pretty much this.
>>17091141
Only sensor you're messing with is the O2 sensor. Give it a hit with penetrating spray.
Just check there's enough clearance between the engine and radiator to remove/replace.
>>
>>17091141
The /dbt/ is >>17090882
>>
>>17091141
>>>17090882
>>
>>17091183
>>17091180
Don't know how I missed that thread, thank you.
>>
>>17091141
Dunno why you wasted your money desu, it'll sound like shit and even with a retune you won't gain much from it.

You'd have been better off replacing the super low rearsets with higher ones and putting the rest towards some sticky tyres and a track day imo
>>
>>17091212
Not really planning on tracking this bike. I just am sick of the sound of my stock muffler. wouldn't mind getting some rearsets but I really just want a more aggressive tone from the bike for now. CBR500R is barely a sportbike anyway.
>>
File: 1486352655506.png (294KB, 494x568px) Image search: [Google]
1486352655506.png
294KB, 494x568px
>>17091323
Now everyone else is going to be sick of your muffler. Followed shortly by you yourself.

Aftermarket pipes are a waste of money. Should have blew your dough on a big ass air horn and saved the rest for tires.
>>
>>17091536

Not that Anon, but there is nothing wrong with a full exhaust. They aren't wastes if money if the desired after the of more power and more presence is achieved.

I feel that OP would have been better off with a slip-on pipe, so he could save money, gain the sound he was looking for, and put the rest of it towards whatever he felt like.
>>
>Full exhaust on a 500 starter bike

AHHHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
Look up a DIY
>>
>>17091639
> full exhaust
> cbr500

Most bikes just need a tune and that's it. Now OP definitely needs a tune and he's going to get 7hp instead of 5.
>>
>>17092930
>>17091639
I actually haven't ordered the full system yet, still doing research but you make good points. I'll probably just find a slip on with a sound I like and then look into just getting a tune. save my money and upgrading for my next bike.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.