[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Honda CR-X

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

Hello /o/

I'm looking into buying a second generation Honda CR-X. I've heard they can be fun and I honestly just like the comfy look of them.

I just wanted to know your guys' opinion on the car and if anyone who has had one can tell me about their experiences with the car. What are some of the cons of owning one and how expensive can it be to own one?
>>
>>16737304
Dont bother with a modded one
Dont bother unless its SI
Expect all the interior to break if you look at it.
Expect every bolt to snap off if you go 1mm of a turn past torque spec
Expect it to be slow
Expect to die if you get in a fender bender
Expect rust
Expect oil burning

Other than that the only real pros are gas mileage and looks
>>
>>16737304
I used to own a 91 HF model, finding some of the specialized parts for it was a pint, but if you get the SI or even the standard model you'll be fine.
Fairly easy to won and maintain, but good fucking luck finding one with working AC.
>>
>>16737304
Ask /hg/
>>16736117
>>
They are fun and maintenance is dirt cheap, they attract thieves like flies on horse shit though.
>>
Got a link or more pictures?
>>
>>16737323
>>16737326
I just want one that's in decent shape. I'm not really looking at moding or tuning it.
>>
>>16737429
get looking, the people who own the really nice ones arent going to be letting them go any time soon
>>
>>16737528
I actually have a seller that took good care of his. Red and mostly stock. It has an aftermarket stereo system. The only thing that is turning me away is that it has over 150k miles on it. Should I be concerned about the mileage?
>>
>>16737569
Yes, most engines don't make it to 200k. Most suspensions don't make it to 200k. Do the math.
>>
>>16737587
you have obviously never driven a honda from hondas golden years. They will go forever.
>>
>>16737323
You're forgetting the pro of feeling like you're driving a go cart on the road
>>
>>16737323
Being slow only matters if you are planning on racing it because they feel like you're always hauling ass. They are fun to drive at 35 mph and downright terrifying over 60 mph. They're pretty much the most fun you can have without ever getting a traffic ticket.
>>
>>16737690
That's the point, I'm not looking at racing it. I want something fun that I can take around for the mere pleasure of driving.

If I'd wanted to rice some some car, I'd pick up something else.
>>
File: 30114004173_large.jpg (567KB, 1024x726px) Image search: [Google]
30114004173_large.jpg
567KB, 1024x726px
>>
>>16737569
If it's in good shape and well taken care of, then no I wouldn't consider it an issue. You have to remember these cars are old as hell, finding low mileage ones will be nigh impossible.

>>16737587
This guy is being over dramatic, but there will be some wear bits things that you should consider replacing just due to age, bushings etc.
>>
>>16737990

this guy gets it
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.