[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does it seem like all the good cheap cars are hatchbacks..

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: 7593.jpg (183KB, 800x489px) Image search: [Google]
7593.jpg
183KB, 800x489px
Why does it seem like all the good cheap cars are hatchbacks..
>>
CAFE standards
>>
Because they're a sensible bodystyle.
>>
>>16006964
name 3 advantages a hatch has over a wagon
>>
>>16006974
>lighter
>more economical
>easier to park
>>
>>16006982
>implying very marginal weight and MPG difference outweigh the advantages of a wagon

>easier to park
They don't call them girls cars for nothing
>>
>>16007054
Yeah, people want small, economical cars that are still relatively practical. I prefer wagons too, but we're a minority.
>>
I own:
>2012 MazdaSpeed3
>2000 Honda Insight

One is fun and practical. The other is great on gas and still has a little bit of room in the back. Both hatches. It's just a good segment to get into because they offer a lot.
>>
>>16006974
Technically, I think the Fiesta hatch is a wagon, since it has C and D pillars, although they are extremely close together.
>>
Because they are the ideal personal/family vehicle. Super cheap, can be fast like in the OP, room for 5 people with cargo in the back, fuel efficient, shorter than their 4-door counterparts, the list goes on...

I am always surprised at how much interior space my Honda Fit has despite being so small on the outside compared to most other cars.
>>
They're only good because they're so cheap. If you paid more money for them, they wouldn't be impressive at all.

Honestly, I hate tiny little compact cars; I'll stick to my trucks and suvs.
>>
literally kitchen appliances
>>
>>16006974
weight
turning radius
I don't hate them
>>
>>16007506
>ST
>kitchen appliance
???
>>
File: 20160824_125443_resized (1).jpg (853KB, 1440x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20160824_125443_resized (1).jpg
853KB, 1440x1920px
... many styles and feels of hatchbacks, lets be adults...
here's my old diesel work horse.
buddy had same car with turboed vr 6 that would smoke 90% of the speed heads on /o/
>>
>>16007512
>you
>gay anal sex enthusiast

pick two
>>
>>16007506
All cars are appliances. Stop your delusions
>>
>>16007662
see
>>16007553
>>
>>16007390
>Honestly, I hate tiny little compact cars; I'll stick to my trucks and suvs.

Im the complete opposite.

Fuck big cars and boring middle aged drivers that cant appreciate going fast on curvy roads.
>>
>>16007762
I like the room and overall size. But you know what's more fun than great handling? Shitty handling so every turn is a thrill, and you don't have to worry about getting a ticket while feeling like you're racing.

But I am jelly of the 35+mpgs
>>
>>16007725
See
>>>/r/eddit
>>>/lgbt/
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.