[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bass Is Love

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 221
Thread images: 36

File: alts Title pic.png (956KB, 891x499px) Image search: [Google]
alts Title pic.png
956KB, 891x499px
How Much power do you run?
https://youtu.be/QbEmr0Li45U
>>
File: DSC_0110.jpg (389KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0110.jpg
389KB, 1920x1080px
Nobody wanna share systems?
>>
>>15855887
1200w with a 15. Don't ever turn it up anymore.
>>
File: 1428752729880.gif (2MB, 300x208px) Image search: [Google]
1428752729880.gif
2MB, 300x208px
>>15855887
Why would one do that?
>>
>>15855969
Why Not? Loud bass is so relaxing!
And is that 1200W rms?
>>
>>15855977
Because Bass is Life!
>>
>>15855887

I'm not a nigger.
>>
>>15855887
Old car was loud, two 15s on a 5500w amp. Doing maybe 1200rms. Now I'm older, so just two 10s and a 75w RMS x2 amp is plenty good for me.
>>
File: 1431414486826.jpg (189KB, 800x611px) Image search: [Google]
1431414486826.jpg
189KB, 800x611px
>>15855988
Why is bass "life"?
I mean you can't do shit except sitting in your car and running your setup.
What if you spend that money on performance mods?
I am not trolling or anything man, I seriously want to talk with you about that shit.
>>
>>15855993
Don't need to be black to enjoy rich bass in good music.
>>
>>15855887
Why would he have triple turbos?
>>
>>15855998
Legit I feel it man, eventually I will tone my system down when I'm done having fun with comp equipment.
>>
>>15855887
god dam. That triple turbo is nice.
>>
>>15855999
I drive a lot and i enjoy rich bass from minimum a 12 inch sub with 1k rms, and for the record i listen to all kinds of music with my system don't stereo type me lol
>>
>>15856004

If I want to enjoy rich bass, I do it at home, in a proper space with proper acoustics and hardware. Not on a car, LIKE NIGGERS DO.
>>
>>15855953
>>4ga wire

Kys
>>
>>15856021
LOLLLLLLLLL "Triple turbo"
>>
These people are gonna ruin their ears. They're not even wearing plugs.

also that shitbox had a rats' nets of wires
>>
>>15856026
So why not >>15856035 (asked in a polite non-nigger way)?
I mean if you just blast music that fucking loud there is no feedback left (driving).
That stuff is almost >>>/mu/ or >>>/g/ imho.
Do you enjoy driving? Do you enjoy engines, engine sound? Tactile Feedback from your vehicle? It seems like you don't.
Seems like you hate driving.
>>
>>15856054
OTT car sound systems are nigger tier shit.
>>
>>15856054
I don't bump everywhere I go I enjoy many aspects of life including the sound of the engine when I'm dropping the clutch.
>>
>>15855986
My old battery and alternator can't handle it anymore it resets every bass hit in stop and go traffic. It's 1200rms 2400max. The amp is the audiobahn a2150htc the sub is the audiobhan eternal. I've had it since 06.
>>
>>15856113
Might need a new battery or amp.
>>
Any sub box designers out there? How would you Build a custom box in a Small car for 2 15"s. And make it really stand out and look nice. I'm just looking for overall looks of it not exact details. I'm gonna be doing a box build soon and want to look stylish and clean and brainstorming blueprint ideas.
>>
>>15856761
It works fine if you are going a constant speed. I know my battery is on its last leg and the alternator has 160k on it. I'm hoping to get a new car this year so I'm just trying not to put any money into this one.
>>
File: mysetup.jpg (83KB, 750x563px) Image search: [Google]
mysetup.jpg
83KB, 750x563px
what do yall think of my setup?
>>
>>15855887
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snlWovyt2ME
>>
Have 2 12" subs with 1000w between them. They're not "vibrate the car next to you" loud buy they're plenty for me.
>>
>>15856827
Defintly your Battery, I would wait for the new car too.
>>15856853
Lmfao Cracking me up.
>>15856988
Ill Check it out on the 15's later thanks!
>>
>>15855887
>tri-turbo

Just imagine that lag
>>
>>15857021
What brand You running?
>>15857050
FYI there is 4 Alternators there ones just hidden so quad turbo! =D
>>
>>15857066
You're going to laugh. They're crunch. Lol
>>
>nobody is blasting eurobeat

Lowest car culture.
>>
>>15857089
Yea Just a little, in my eyes a system is a system and as long as it is good enough for you its a good system unless you buy "sony exploders" then its shit. Im mostly about audio quality over SPL but i fell into a good deal and got into SPL this year. if you upgrade get a type R if you take care of it it will do you wonders for years.
>>
What sub(s) should i get for my m4?
I dont care about the price.
>>
>>15857147
I'm considering upgrading. Have all the wiring in place so it'd be really easy.
>>
>>15857148
That entirely depends how loud/Powerful you want it and the sound quality you want and the size of your car. How much room you got in the m4?
>>
>>15857155
2 Alpine Type R's 4 gen 12 inch Will do any car wonders in the right box its not horribly expensive about 600 to a grand to do it right and will give you the bass of 2 15s with good sound quality
>>
>>15855887
not even a sound guy, but I appreciate people doing crazy mods for their own purposes.

do people often go with multiple or bigger batteries with this kind of thing?
>>
Are there any decent 8 or 4 ohm subs? Or are they all faggy 1ohm still?
>>
>>15857322
.... i ask because I've considered going with two good alts to produce power for other reasons
>>
>>15857331
Multiple Alternators or upgraded and extra battery's and upgraded wiring is necessary when going over 2k rms I know my stuff for the most part so any questions ask away, BTW that blue Saturn in the video is actually my car.
>>15857329
Yes there is still good 8 ohm subs out there but you mostly find it all in home stereo equipment..
>>
I've got a 2000 watt psyclone running 2 pioneer 12's.
>>
>>15856853
Dope af, looks fresh
>>
>being proud of how inefficient your amps are
>not running 90% efficient class d amplifiers
If you don't run class d sub amps please leave this thread and never come back until you learn.
>>
>>15857534
Not Familiar with psyclone, do you know what its bench test is?
>>
>>15857629
Its ok to have something low end as long as your not bragging about it lol everyone has to start somewhere, that's part of the reason i made this thread was to help people get into the sub game that wanna move up and don't know much, What do you run btw?
>>
>>15857329
Why would you want a high ohm sub?
That would just limit the power output of your amp.
>>
>>15857654
you can wire 4 to one amp, 8 ohm subs are efficient at being loud but don't really carry the SPLs, I seen a few nice 8 ohm systems but not many they are rare.
>>
>>15857670
Ohm rating has nothing to do with efficiency wtf are you smoking dude?
You can have a 90db/w 16 ohm sub and a 90db/w 1 ohm sub it doesn't make any difference.
Literally go learn ohms law, higher ohm speaker just means you need more voltage to get the same power, that's why home speakers are high ohm, they have 120v at their disposal, cars only have 12v so you need low ohm speakers with DC-DC converters
>>
I need a layman's guide to hooking up a sub and amp to my factory head unit. Buddy gave me a 200w amp so I was thinking about a 12 inch sub for some extra kick in my car.
>>
>>15857704

Cummy, what in the fuck is this shit. Did you think about any of this?

Are you honestly thinking that the input voltage has anything to do, at all, with output rail voltage for an amplifier with a regulated power supply like your ethereal Class D?

That a regulated power supply, your magical Class D or otherwise, is voltage limited by the input voltage?

Just what the fuck exactly do you think the regulated supply in the power amplifier does, you utter fool? And in Class D topology, which you hype and know but a poofteenth about, a Switch Mode Power Supply is used to provide transformer less conversion from twelve volts DC to usually about 140VDC and -140VDC. This is the Rail Voltage, and the absence of a transformer in the power supply is what gives the Class D topology its efficiency. The output section is the same dual ended FET section in B, A/B, G and H topologies.

In regards to loudspeaker impedance, the Damping Factor decreases as the reactive load decreases. A higher impedance loudspeaker will have a higher system damping factor connected to the output of the same amplifier as a lower impedance loudspeaker. As the impedance is high, the amount of current through the voice coil is low, so power compression is reduced. As there is less current moving through the output transistors the amplifier operates in a cooler, more efficient state. It's efficiency comparing input power to output power then rises.

And this banger: higher impedance speakers require more voltage for the same power. How did you arrive at the conclusion that output voltage decreases as impedance decreases? And what, amplifier output current is static? That the current output does not change but only voltage gradient changes with volume? Have you any idea how a FET output stage works? You need to literally go and learn Ohm's law.

I thought you were a self proclaimed expert? Didn't learn as much as you thought from WinISD and the parts bin special loudspeakers then.
>>
>>15855887
God damn that is a lot of turbos how can an engine even handle that much boost? Is the block and internals made out of titanium?
>>
>>15857857
So much torks the frame twisted.
>>
>>15857851
Input voltage does have something to do with output voltage you dumb fuck, that's why all head units only put out 15w rms, there is no dc-dc converter in a head unit to bump the voltage up.
Your entire post is just a giant steaming lump of shit.

Of course there is a power supply inside an amp, it's called a dc-dc converter aka switch mode power supply just in case ty didn't know the difference which apparently you fucking don't lmao.

Stating that the power supply makes 140v is stupid, every amp is different, you can't just make a generalized statement like that you fool.

I know how speaker impedance works, an impedance mismatch won't happen unless your amp is shit and has a high impedance output

Of course a high impedance speaker needs higher voltage for the same power output, P = E2/R
>>
>>15857851
<3 YOU EARN MY RESPECT!
>>15857704
And I said they are more efficient at producing loud bass than SPLs i never said that the ohmage was more efficient but refer to >>15857851 because i couldn't have said That better. I know a lot but I also have a lot to learn as any human does with anything because there is always a higher form of mastery and we all make errors.
>>
>>15857905
>And I said they are more efficient at producing loud bass than SPLs
This is so fucking stupid holy shit, please stop.
>>
>>15857902
Really Because the headunits i look at rarely land at 15 watt rms
>>
>>15857913
There is Different kind of speakers that work different ways some are more based on vibration and loudness some are more based on sound pressure levels and power... I'm too stoned for this now idk how to word it properly.
>>
>>15857934
I hope you're stoned 2bh
>>15857914
15 watts is perfectly possible with a low impedance speaker and 13v source, do the math on it.
Although you have to also account for voltage drop in the amp circuit.
>>
What I would Like some valid input on is how should i design my system in the saturn as im gonna rebuild the whole system permanently into the car right now the setup is fully temporary. I was thinking it would be cool to do one inverted and one regularly mounted but how would i do that and make it still look good.
>>
>>15857902

Good lord.

Head units are limited by heat sink area and physical space for FET output devices. How are you going to sink a TDP of three or four hundred watts in a head unit?

Are you absolutely sure that a head unit does not use a regulated power supply? I think (know) you will find that indeed they do, apart from the most basic of units.

The bigger question which you do not understand is why? Why do we need to regulate the rail voltage? What happens if the rail voltage is not regulated?

Think, McFly.

A Switch Mode Power Supply used a high frequency oscillator to trigger Thyristors or IGBT devices to reach target voltage. The regulated part of the system is the SMPS's ability to keep target output voltage the same, regardless of the input voltage, until there is either not enough power (lower slew limit) to trigger the SMPS or voltage over the safe specified limit for the components inside the SMPS (upper slew limit).

It's not a DC-DC converter, you fuck. It's a regulated power supply. A flat out voltage converter will follow the same ratio. 12V in, say 48V out. 14V in, 50V out.

Rail voltage does indeed vary depending on power output. You recommended a Class D subwoofer amplifier. You will find that a rail voltage of 140VDC potential is equal to one thousands watts of delivery with a Crest Factor of 6dB.

You have no idea how speaker impedance works, you've shown that already. You are taking the rating stamped on the loudspeaker and applying it as a constant. Seriously, 'home' loudspeakers are higher impedance because the amplifier driving them has access to 120V. What in the hell were you thinking? That's crap. Absolute crap.

Yes indeed, you would require more voltage and current for a higher impedance loudspeaker to match the electrical load a lower impedance unit would place on the amplifier. This does not mean the loudspeaker requires more power to meet acoustic output. There is more at play here.

Anything else?
>>
>>15857964
>How are you going to sink a TDP of three or four hundred watts in a head unit?
Watercooling.
>>
>>15857974

Fuck. That's nuts, and I like it.
>>
>>15857974
FuCk WaTeR cOoLiNg its all about that liquid nitrogen cooling!
>>
>>15857974
How about Glycol?
>>
>>15857964
I'm done even replying to you desu got too much shit to do senpai
Enjoy telling this guy whatever he wants to hear lmao
>>
>>15858089

Like what, learn basic sound reproduction?

Enjoy being the lowest rung on the ladder.
>>
File: IMG_20160202_093528_464.jpg (128KB, 816x612px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160202_093528_464.jpg
128KB, 816x612px
5 channel 900W RMS total amp, I think I use around 150 - 200 W of it. On this 16cm - 6 inches bad boy, woofers in doors and tweeters in homemade pods. Everything is concealed, my trunk is usable, nobody knows my sound system is worth more than my car.

This sub goes down to 30Hz flat with DSP correction, it tickles my anus and shakes my rearview. A 10" would go a little lower and way louder but this is enough to make me deaf and I need my trunk.

Active 2 way + sub on built in DSP of the eternal DEH-80PRS. Active crossover, independent gain setting, graphic EQ and time alignent is the strict minimum you need to make hifi music in a car. 80PRS is the cheapest option for that and quality is great but user interface is retarded.

RMS power of speakers means absolutely nothing, RMS power of amps just gives an idea of what it can do.

We used to say good amps start at 1€ for 1W. I think it's exagerated and 30 - 50 cts a watt can give you decent quality. Anyway your 50$ 1500W amp is shit.

"You don't need a good amp for SPL" is a legend. I'm into SQ but I respect and appreciate SPL and you can't have good shaking bass with shit amps and subs.

Distortion is the ennemy of bass, more gain will not give you more power.

If you enjoy your sound system, then fuck the haters, if it's good for you then it's good. Respect your neighborhood though, if you shake every window in a 500m radius at 2am you're a piece of shit and deserve to get your gear stolen.

What more can I say ?

Bass is life, mids are life, highs are life, music is life. Anus tickling is life.
>>
>>15858096
Teaching my friend to use a hammer and dolly :3
It's body work day.
>>
>>15858103
Lol 6 inch sub this thread is a fucking joke
As a rule of thumb, bigger subs will always have less distortion and be more efficient, which is funny considering you just claimed distortion is the enemy yet you're using a fucking 6 inch sub which needs to move twice as much as a 10 or 12 inch to get the same spl
>>
>>15855986
You know what's more relaxing than annoying loud shit?
Quiet music that doesn't bother other people
>>
File: OoKdb.jpg (35KB, 515x518px) Image search: [Google]
OoKdb.jpg
35KB, 515x518px
>>15858089
>Gets told
>Sheepishly returns for the last word

It's a good thing he didn't even touch on tube amplifiers.

>Hurr you can't make 680v B+ because muh 120v mains isn't strong enough
>>
>>15858128

Couldn't care less what day it is for you.

Why not climb up a rung? I know it's comfortable down the bottom singing out like you're on the top.

>>15858139

Wow. Just when we thought you couldn't make any more ass-backward assumptions, you had to drop another clanger.

The size of the loudspeaker is one variable. There is no such 'rule of thumb' at all. If anything the larger the element, the less linear the output, as the Moving Mass (MMS) increases which reduces QMS (Mechanical Compliance) and as a result, QTS (Total Compliance). Chances are the music you listen to was mastered over a set of Events of Adamson's with a six, eight or ten inch woofer element.

Why do you feel the need to invent these things to appear knowledgeable? Why not just find out how sound reproduction works, and then you are knowledgeable?
>>
>>15858139
And I make it move twice as much. What is your point ?
>>
>>15858156
If you're after spl with low distortion you need big speakers, if you're sitting in a bedroom you won't need speakers as big.
This guy taking about rattling his mirrors with a 6 would benefit massively from a bigger more efficient and lower distortion driver.
If smaller drivers were better I guess all the theaters and concerts should have giant arrays of 6s eh?
No, they have horns with double 18s
>>
>>15858139
>>15858184

I'm sorry I just quickly looked at the thread and understood you're trolling since the beginning. Please ignore me, have fun.
>>
File: carlos.jpg (13KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
carlos.jpg
13KB, 210x240px
>>15856026
Alright, okay. You had me going till you said stereo type.

GTFO carlos you trolly cunt
>>
File: mrcummy_pls_go_electric_boogaloo.jpg (173KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
mrcummy_pls_go_electric_boogaloo.jpg
173KB, 768x1024px
>>15858187

Well, here's where you are incorrect.

You see, that's my job. I am a FOH operator in the SR field. I've also spent time on the bench, installed many a cable run, and ran a pie van for a short time too.

You've seen this image before; it's me with a DiGiCo D1 Live, eight hangs of Nexo Geo S a side, twelve Nexo CD12 in a cardioid front cluster, with everything off Camco Vortex Sixes. This was for Sneaky Sound System, an electro act from Aus. It wasn't a huge night with 1100 or so through the door and it's not my thing, but the tour paid really well. I'd even listen to you speak if the tour paid well.

The CD12 is a twelve inch woofer. Single element per box. Now, I could have used something with a bit more cone area. We could use RS18's, also had Meyer HP650's and 700's to choose from. All 18" elements, couple of old System 1200 dual 15" bandpass elements to choose from.

I needed high Sound Pressure Level with low THD and especially tight pattern control. So I used a twelve inch woofer.

Because once you are a bit more switched on, you too will look straight past the effective radiating area of the element, and straight at the summative output of the element.

There are also very effective units from HK, D&B and RCF for installations. They are a low profile unit housing between one and four 8" elements to fit underneath stages or rostra. The HK model claimed a -3dB point, or useable response cutoff, at 31Hz with a trio of eight inch woofers. Rated pressure at limit is 122dB. Which is fantastic for a small box.

If you need high pressure with possibly a lower box count, then large speakers are your go-to. But no-one I have ever worked with has cared much about the size of the woofer in a sub or bass bin, just the sound.

Operators have different tastes for loudspeaker sizes in monitor wedges and front of house speakers for certain styles of music. I don't care all that much, just show me what the unit will do.
>>
>>15858251
>pattern control
>bass
What the actual fuck are you talking about bass guitar amps?
There is no pattern on a subwoofer, the frequencies are too low to be directional at all.
>>
>>15858312

Right, now you are just trying to stir me up.

You can't actually be this stupid publically.
>>
>>15858251
I don't speak good enough english to totally understand but I guess you're totaly right.

Also, interior of a car is nothing like open air, a concert hall or even a living room. I have a (retarded because no money) open air setup I can plug on my car, made with car audio elements I had lying around. I use the 15" you see under my 6" on the pic. The level it achieves in free air is comparable to the level the 6" achieves in my car, probably even less, and it clearly can't go as low.

Anyway,
>10/10, would listen to your setup and show you mine
>>
>>15858326

Mate if we were in the same country I would happily listen to yours and show you mine. No homo.

You are right. The car interior is nothing like a venue or outdoor setting. Up to about 300Hz depending on the volume of the car, every speaker is close coupled with two pie radians for 6dB of mutual coupling. Constructive interference at work. Some people I have spoken to in the car audio scene in the states call it cabin gain, but it's just the same as placing a radiating loudspeaker against two flat planes or in a corner for three flat planes. The reflected wave from the plane is less than a quarter wavelength of the incident wave out-of-phase so the interference is constructive. Move the element away from the plane and either the wave is not reflected back to the incident or is out-of-phase greater than one wavelength and destructively interferes.
>>
>>15858385
Still didn't get 100% of it but yeah, I have a very small flat and very shitty computer speakers, and I put the sub under the desk. The gain is just incredible, sometimes when I don't want a dumb +9001db at xxHz, or I don't want to disturb neighbours, I put it in the middle of the room and the bass magically disappears.

Also reflection is the nightmare in a car. Actually you're always listening to reflection, some put dampening stuff on the roof but you still have windows that act like sound mirrors or something. Best proof : when you correctly set time alignment, the values looks nothing like the actual speaker placement.

Some reverse phase on one speaker and achieve better results. I'm not this advanced I don't even understand how it can work.

Have you work with car hifi, domestic hifi, home theater ? Or just live music ? Sorry if you said and I missed it.
>>
>>15858477

A broad smattering of stuff. SR is my main job, though I did small cinema installations as a THX Certified Technician Level One. Some car audio jobs but only on my own cars and close friends. Had a pair of Rubicon 15's, a bitsa 18 using a Caire basket and a P.Audio recone kit, few other things, but I'm stuck on Vifa twelve inch woofers at the moment. I really, really like them.

Yes, your output will drop significantly if the element is in the middle of a square room. The reflections gain boundary coupling where the element does not, and an antinode (area of destructive interference) forms exactly where the element is, and attenuates it significantly.
>>
File: IMG_20131210_105754.jpg (759KB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20131210_105754.jpg
759KB, 2448x2448px
>>15855887
Sup famm
>>
>>15858565

JL lovin'
>>
>>15858103
LOVE IT, I have been that shit head before but only when i first got my system lol I never bump in town now and try to be respectful during the day. I love your respect for all bass and music and agreed ANUS TICKLE IS LIFE! (so is all the wet spots girls leave in my passenger seat! lol)
>>15858198
Not Trolling But pun was intended!
Btw I'm Done putting in any input this discussion went beyond my understanding of subwoffers several posts ago and having a hard time telling the difference between trolls, confused people, and the actual truth now as i am 7 shots and a bowl and a dab in to getting fucked up. This is also my first time on 4chan in several years and glad to know its still its same old self :) Anyway hope EVERYONE has a good day and hope you enjoyed my video.
>>
>>15858580
Sadly that system is in the past. Had to sell it all due to loosing my job
>>
>>15858565
I like the system what was the Rms and peak and what amp?
>>
>>15858593

Welcome back! It has not changed much.

A good thought to keep in mind is if the post has MrCummy Paws in the trip, it's full of shit.

Have a great day to you too.
>>
>>15858593
>wet spot

Can confirm, source : ex GF and ex sound system.

Most girls dislike subs, some love them. Absolutely not a single one on earth gives a shit about SQ (I'm the SQ dude)
>>
>>15857654
I have a Fosgate amp that can only push 4 or 8 ohms. I used to have some vintage Fosgate subs with wooden cones which were 8 ohms each. I don't want to buy another amp basically. Its 500w rms if I remember correctly
>>
File: HeavyFeels.jpg (108KB, 1575x795px) Image search: [Google]
HeavyFeels.jpg
108KB, 1575x795px
>Told my friend to stop listening to music so loud every year since we were in the 4th grade...
>He thought he was cool because he listens to music really loud...
>Recently tried to join the military when that is all he wanted to do in life...
>Denied because of hearing loss...

You people are retarded. I love bass but you can only go so far. My stock Monsoon system in my Pontiac G6 GXP was sick, didn't need more than that...
>>
>>15859311
Is bass actually damaging to the human ear tho?
Sounds from and ultrasonic cleaner are extremely loud but those don't damage out hearing because they are mostly out of the audible range, take a look at the equal loudness contour.
Does that also mean that infrasound is less damaging and we can tolerate higher SPLs safely?
I've tried to find research done on this and haven't had any luck really.
>>
>>15856026
At 0300 waking everyone else up. You know there are some people that actually work for a living and not looking for guberment handouts.

You are impressing no one.
>>
>>15860393
I have Found supporting research on this and to make it short and simple any sound can cause temporary hearing loss (for up to 24 hours) but You only permanently lose hearing in the frequency's you listen to so if you listen to heavy bass every day you will still be able to hear people talk normally after a day of no bass, but also on the side there is the follow along theory of your ears just accumulativly adjusts to its surroundings and there is no real hearing loss from loud noise and you can just retrain your ears with time and practice.
In my personal experience i still have great hearing! But I am also respectful to my ears kinda
>>
>>15860393

It is, and it isn't.

Traditional hearing damage from high pressure level exposure is flattening of the IHC and OHC being the Inner and Outer Hair Cells respectively. These are the cells coupled to the stimuli cells in the cochlea and once flattened are no longer able to stimulate the cochlea and generate a ringing noise instead.

Infrasound has been shown to affect the OHC in particular but the IHC as well, but it does not flatten them. Instead, it causes the OHC to elongate and contract. It's thought that while long term exposure will cause damage it is more likely that the ear drum will be damaged from excessive pressure changes between the ambient atmosphere excited by the infrasound and the inner ear.

There are a number of physiological issues that arise from infrasound such as loss of balance, fluid homeostasis, nausea, tiredness and irritability.

If you are looking for research, you can find both "Responses of the ear to low frequency sounds, infrasound and wind turbines" by Dr. Alec Salt and Dr. Timothy Hullar as well as Dr. Alec Salt's "Symposium on Adverse Health Effects of Industrial Wind Turbines, October 2010" online with ease.

Infrasound is a real problem for wind turbines.

>>15860530

>there is no real hearing loss from loud noise and you can just retrain your ears with time and practice

No. Absolutely not. Once the OHC and IHC cells are compromised, you cannot 'retrain' the cell to heal. I know some of the most dedicated Monitor engineers that would train like a Shaolin Monk if they could get their hearing back. But because of stage monitors at trouser flapping volumes in eras of no hearing protection, they will have industrial deafness until they die. Hell, I'd train like anything to get my 1KHz-1.9KHz back. But thanks to JBL 2446's, that's never coming back.

Please look after your ears.
>>
>>15855887
Kys
>>
>>15855887
3 alternators, why not 1 big one?
>>
File: 1462749474201.jpg (44KB, 720x726px) Image search: [Google]
1462749474201.jpg
44KB, 720x726px
>>15858593
>wet spot

My mom calls my Jeep the big red vibrator
>>
>>15860597
Idk its not my car it belongs to a guy I know, The Blue Saturn is Mine,
>>15860563
sorry about any misunderstanding Im not saying you can heal damage im saying your ears auto adjust to tune sounds out or in depending on how noisy of environments your in of course within respectable levels.
>>
>>15860840
I dont have a sub but which is better multiple alternators or single big alternator?
>>
File: Drift icon.png (273KB, 839x499px) Image search: [Google]
Drift icon.png
273KB, 839x499px
Lets turn down the bass for a moment and enjoy some burnouts xD
Enjoy what you do, Learn from your mistakes, Don't take things too serious, You will live happy :)
https://youtu.be/vCOwpL2GDd0
>>
>>15860850
In my opinion a single powerful one, You only need multiple if you are running a REALLY BIG system or if you wanna show off.
>>
>>15860850
If you don't have a sub you don't need a new alternator.
Even in a balanced system with every frequency at the same level, the sub draws the most of the power. You need to move more and more air the more you go down the frequencies. 500W of subs is average, 20W on tweeters is enough to destroy your hearing.

That being said, it's always good to overpower speakers. I don't mean to blow the cone with abusive volume, but have a 100W amp channel on a woofer and use 20W of it will give better cone handling and better sound than a smaller amp you put to it's limits.

Anyway in a reasonnable system power is not a problem. This kind of issues concerns SPL and demo scenes, competition cars.

With a class D amp you can shake your windows with engine not even running, and still start the car one hour later. Source : a 1000W class D amp on a big 15" and 400W class AB on three way 10" woofers system. One hour later, D amp is hot, AB amp is fucking burning, battery dropped by 0.5V so I start the car and everything is fine.

Anyway, very low frequencies at very high level require ridiculous amounts of power. I guess you can't just find a 1000A alternator so you have to go for several big ones like video related...
>>
>>15856812

>small car
>2 15s

Go walled with 415s or go home broke bitch
>>
>>15860840

That's exactly right. It's very interesting what the human brain can do in regards to the filters it applies to the senses. One of the first things we were taught in the THX course was to reset your ears every twenty or thirty minutes during critical listening. Just stick your fingers in your ears or put in effective hearing protection for sixty seconds or more. Your perception of upper midrange and high frequencies should be very different when you take your fingers out of your ears.

I still use that constantly. It's a very effective trick. Startling at just how much information the brain filters out.
>>
>>15861441
so fucking this
that's why you can enjoy a dumb setup, or very bad mastering on some albums : you adapt
>>
>>15856021
underrated
>>
>>15861217
The word you're looking for is headroom. That means power to spare beyond safe listening, which in turn means a cleaner sound coming out of the speakers
>>
>>15856054
Not him but still someone who likes cars and audio.
I'd like, above all, a B5 Quattro with a 2.8 V6 but thanks to kiked out insurance policies, I can't get one at the moment. And that isn't even that big of a car or engine. What I can afford is audio, so now my A4 has 2 15"s, a lot of weight in the rear and absolutely stunning audio system. That being said, I adapt and have chosen to look at normal cars in a perspective that intrigues me. Speed and horsepower mean nothing to me as long as the ride is smooth, it can go 200kph and the older the car is with comfyness, the more I like it. I realistically can not afford to go fast.

I like engines, I know how they work but that's about as far as my interest in them reaches, I don't care if you have pushrods, custom machined cams, direct injection swap or ebin mawds that make your valves sing old macdonald at 9k rpm and your +2psi boost ECU tweak, sure, impressive, but your audience is with someone who cares about +20 horsepower. I have 0 interest in supercars, I find them to be somewhat of a childish thing to dream about. My car is mechanically sound and tippity tip top, I take extreme care of my engine, chassis, paint and interior (trunk excluded, had to tear into shit to fit the subs). I wash my car extremely carefully, only microfiber and foam cannon + 2 bucket method, no automated washes. 10k oil changes and a booklet for maintenance.

I like driving, but I like having money to feed myself, not only my car and local track owners.

And don't get pissy with me, I have all the respect to people who do all the aforementioned, it's fucking awesome, but I don't care, I don't want to spend my time on fantasies.

BTW loving how that furfag nigger is getting told in this thread, what a fucking loser.
>>
>>15861441
I love it, i try to stay in tune with my body and i check my hearing regularly to make sure i don't do (much) hearing loss, have you heard of the pin drop exercise? take a needle and drop it a short distance and focus on the sound till you can hear it perfect if done right your ears are tuned in to hear the slightest sounds, and he quieter the sound you focus into the better you can tune your ears for a temporary time till they readjust to the loud outside world.
>>
>>15864515
I love people like you, you can enjoy everything but completely happy with the simple things and what you have that you work hard for take pride in and enjoy, Nobody needs Really expensive toys to have fun they are just nice to have.
>>
>>15861441
The same thing applies to anything you're working on.
You need to take a break to see how it's actually coming.
The length depends on the project.
>>
File: Snapchat--8424497685319328986.jpg (741KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat--8424497685319328986.jpg
741KB, 1440x2560px
>>15864515
If you think I'm getting rekt you're a retard lmao
I literally design and build subs all day long, made 2 of pic related fur my custom home theater, 125db at 16hz x2, the house literally rattles apart from them.
>>
File: aku moro.jpg (30KB, 629x466px) Image search: [Google]
aku moro.jpg
30KB, 629x466px
>>15867100
Ty m80, nice to get a level-headed response in this board every once a while.
>>
File: vitun tollo.jpg (21KB, 422x179px) Image search: [Google]
vitun tollo.jpg
21KB, 422x179px
>>15867129
>He builds subs
Sure thing, whatever makes you feel that your disability benefits are going into good use, attention seeking furfag. You got BTFO in here multiple times, just off yourself.
>>
>>15867147
>implying I would accept any gov money or benefits
>implying I'm a nigger
Lmao
Enjoy your prebuilt garbage tho
>>
>>15867132
Not a problem, I'm passionate about my projects too and don't care what others think as long as I'm enjoying it I don't know all the math and numbers like some of these guys are all about but at the end of the day I get the project done right on my free time and enjoy every min of it (except the constant research making sure I got my numbers right lmao)
>>
>>15855953
>I'll just toss all this shit in the trunk
>the batteries weigh 50 pounds each they'll be fine
>better make it look neat with some WIRE LOOM
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FopDXCpZ4LU
>>
File: IMG_0695.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0695.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>15855953
>>
File: 1387420522194.png (176KB, 1370x720px) Image search: [Google]
1387420522194.png
176KB, 1370x720px
>>15855977
>>
>>15867129

Shit, we have a homebuilt expert here! This is the next Clair Brothers!

So last time you mentioned that you built one of these designs. Now it's two? Doesn't change - the design is not good. The group delay will be abhorrent and you have the driver and port loading the lower space of the resonator and the upper is 'dead air' with no damping, setting up a secondary resonance. This is not good for theatrical use.

If you are looking to fabricate loudspeakers that can reproduce infrasonics, perhaps you should look at a number of established designs that achieve this goal like a 3635 or a 5628 without the fuckups you have designed into your enclosure. The 3635 is also a tall, voluminousness enclosure but notice what they have done with the ports to reduce the 'dead air' in the cabinet? Not what you've done.

But of course, your knowledge ends with a WinISD output graph and as we know, you believe wrongly that WinISD is the most accurate modelling available.

>>15867195

Parts bin Dayton in a carpeted box, so rushed that you couldn't put wire terminals on. In a fucked up hatchback. Shit man, you've blown us all away with your prowess.

Can you post that weird trap box again? You know the one, with the 'RTA' mic sitting on a flat chair coupling with that plane, withing a quarter wavelength to the ground plane coupling with it, and the RTA mic element pointing at who knows what on-axis? That really special one with two HF devices with differing dispersion horns on the same axis reproducing the same sounds. The one that breaks the most simple design rules we figured out in the 70's in the Manifold era?

Bad day at work and I'd love a laugh at a silly teenager's expense.
>>
>>15869448
>thinking you need damping inside a subwoofer
You don't need shit, just fuck off
The subwoofer has to be low in the cabinet to keep the center of gravity low and stop the cabinet from swaying and creeping under high power.
It weighs 300lbs yet it still walks across my carpeted floor during listening sessions.

>>15869448
>dayton
>can't recognize a LAB15
lmao desu
Look at JBL speakers, klipsch speakers, all of them have horns of differing dispersion patterns, do you mean to tell me JBL doesn't know what their doing?
You're nitpicking so hard it's sad desu
>>
>>15867174
YEPP! It is all temporary Until i build my car out with a wall atm i do not have the cash to finish the project so i enjoy it as is in the box its in with free floating equipment, also that is an outdated picture, That amp got stolen (which doubled my price for the system replacing it and delayed me more) and I took out the yellow top and added 2 more XS Power battery's)
>>
>>15869502

Ah, the Lab15. Another parts bin loudspeaker. No, I don't often recognise elements like that.

Can't figure out LF cabinet design? Not surpsiing. I cannot believe you traded long group delay and a resonating chamber for......trying to stop the cabinet moving? Are you serious? You couldn't put a rubber mat down, or strap it? That's insane, you traded the loudspeaker's reproduction quality for that?

The entire JBL point source range (of which I use many), EAW, Meyer (of which is use MANY CQ-1 and CQ-2), D&B, the entire Klipsch point source range...... all of them have one HF device. One. If there is another horn throat in the enclosure guess what? It's not a HF device, it will be reproducing a different bandwidth.

Can your high school brain figure out why? What is comb filtering and phase rotation, my good man? And why haven't we seen multiple HF devices stacked, reproducing the same signal, unless they are coupled with a planar waveguide since the 70's with the MTL's, where we used to stack HF devices to get more high end before it was figured out it is a terrible, terrible idea.

Recognising horseshit loudspeakers isn't nitpicking, it's a horseshit loudspeaker. Read a fucking book, nigger.
>>
>>15857405

>spending this much money on a Saturn
>"make it fit" stickers everywhere

you will never gain respect from anybody worthwhile in this world my man
>>
File: 20140203_202609.jpg (89KB, 465x826px) Image search: [Google]
20140203_202609.jpg
89KB, 465x826px
>>15869552
Having the speaker lower in the cabinet has very little detrimental effect, it measured very well in my room and has extremely low distortion desu.

What the fuck are you talking about JBL point source range?
90% oj JBL designs use differing dispersion patterns fur the hf and mf drivers
Also, I literally own 4 pairs of klipsch speakers, all which are 3 way which also have differing dispersion patterns on the hf vs the mf drivers, saying that all klipsch have one HF device is so fucking blatantly wrong that it's silly to believe anything you say at all.
You have read too many books, you haven't done enough testing and experimentation in your line of work, you read too many reviews and read too many books and don't build enough speakers to actually figure out what works and what doesn't.
Everything you say is from a book and has little to no real world experience.
Now you're going to post your mixing panel and some subs you bought from a sound shop, nobody cares about the speakers you bought that you think are gods gift, I'm out here making shit and experimenting with different designs, learning what works and what doesn't.
Continue being a stubborn idiot though.
>>
Aw sweet, the Nigger Thread!
>>
>>15869612

Kiddo, what part of I'm a front of house engineer working with national touring acts did you miss?

Missed it like you missed the point on waveguides - two HF devices like your parts bin trap box with differing dispersion is a problem. Two incidents of the same wavelength constructively and destructively interfere along the path forming nodes and antinodes, or comb filtering.

Two HF devices. HF, not HF and another element in a different bandwidth. Fuck you are dense.

After seeing how you use an RTA mic in the image you don't want to post I believe you that the box measured well in your room. I reckon with your skills in spectral analysis you could measure someone shitting on a tambourine and tell me it's flat from 20 to 20.

Keep on keeping on Cummy, you are a nothing. My knowledge is years of watching sound reinforcement evolve, yours is building hobby shop boxes in the garage. I'm fine with that.
>>
>>15869711
>After seeing how you use an RTA mic in the image you don't want to post I believe you that the box measured well in your room.
When I was testing that speaker all that mattered was that I had as few walls as possible and to be outdoors to cut down on reflections, measuring the speaker indoors would have been a giant mess.
I can see the reflection from the ground in the measurements, it's easy to see the peak in the bass of the reflection off the ground, that's irrelevant though as that wasn't what I was measuring.
I was doing experiments with the crossover, phase and xover point.
Keep talking shit though, the only experience you have is buying some premade boxes and setting them in place, you've never experimented with shit.
One of the most important things is knowing where you can and cannot cut corners, which I'm out here learning first hand from real world experience while you read it from a book and never get to even apply it because you refuse to pick up a tool and experiment.
>>
>>15869763

Nice assumptions. I've experimented a lot, with things you cannot yet understand. For example, you've indicated you have no idea about LF pattern control. Many hours spent with end fire cardioid bass arrays, classic 2-1 cardioid centre clusters, steering the 'power alley' with delay....

Difference is, your experiments are pissing in the wind and seeking where it lands. 'Lets run a basic model, screw it together and call it done. What comes out is perfect for I am a genius.'

That and I get paid for mine. Experimenting with theatrical deployment or a new venue is a bill payer for me. Yes, I use manufactured solutions for I cannot design a box like a CQ-1, so why reinvent the wheel? And do you think clients or riders will accept a home made box?

I didn't bother reading your excuses for the pissant RTA system you think you know how to use. No interest in you saying you know how but choose not to. That's worse than ignorance.

Keep on keeping on laddie. You can build a tower of parts bin speakers and still not reach where I am, and there are those that tower above me. Your arrogance blinds you to your stupidity.
>>
File: fukin mint.jpg (24KB, 88x141px) Image search: [Google]
fukin mint.jpg
24KB, 88x141px
Jesus christ I'm loving how this fucking furfag is getting BTFO'd in this thread, finally someone is here to tell this cocky mong that he's nothing more than a lousy backyard-scientist schoolboy.

Keep up the good work anon.
>>
File: 1424419672945.jpg (37KB, 640x515px) Image search: [Google]
1424419672945.jpg
37KB, 640x515px
>>15869878
>says the dude who buys shit from walmart and piles it in his trunk
loling at you desu
>>
Maybe someone can help me. I just bought a car whose previous owner supposedly had a massive sub in it. The car has a beefed upped alternator, and wires as thick as my thumbs running to the trunk. If I was to buy a cheapo sub and amp, do you guys think it will all be plug and play? Is there anyway to know, or would you just have to see it? Redpill me pls
>>
File: le doh.jpg (53KB, 735x716px) Image search: [Google]
le doh.jpg
53KB, 735x716px
>>15869893
They don't have walmart here so I don't know what you're talking about, but your little queer ass got BTFO'd
>>
File: 1447390866858.jpg (13KB, 319x320px) Image search: [Google]
1447390866858.jpg
13KB, 319x320px
>>15870096
>it's still plug n play mdf garbage with garbage drivers
>but it didn't come from walmart!
lol
>>
>>15870103
>I can't handle getting told on the internet
>but your system sucks
BTW, I don't know who you think I am or what setup you think I'm running, but you still got BTFO'd as fuck.
>>
>>15870119
How exactly did I "get told"?
If your system is so great let's see a picture
>>
>>15856853
Too much bass
>>
This is what I have in my trunk atm. If I was to buy an amp and sub would it all be plug and play? All the wires have power, but I have no idea what I'm doing.
>>
>>15870328
Probably in the way that just about all the shit you spout is false, and have been proven false by easy to acquire information.

And your cabinets are poorly designed and have been identified as poorly designed. I suppose you could call that being 'told,' but I would just say you are an imbecile.
>>
>>15871227
>poorly designed
How so?
They measure excellently, have doubled up motorboards, well braced, high port resonance, low port velocity and quality construction.
>>
File: um18subs.png (51KB, 895x491px) Image search: [Google]
um18subs.png
51KB, 895x491px
>>15871244
Here's the in-room response, pretty good considering I have no room treatment in a mostly empty room.
>>
>>15870432
Do not use other people's wire setups. You could use the wires, but undo everything that's been done and read a guide from a reputable site to set them up correctly.
>>
>>15871244

I'm aware you have trouble reading, but seriously, scroll up.

"The group delay will be abhorrent and you have the driver and port loading the lower space of the resonator and the upper is 'dead air' with no damping, setting up a secondary resonance. This is not good for theatrical use."

First is to understand what group delay is. When you do, answer this to yourself (not me, I don't give a single fuck) - how does this design work to lower group delay? How can I lower group delay? When you know how to lower group delay without additional port velocity, look again at your design and see if it matches the recommended methods to achieve a short group delay.

Bracing isn't bad. Double baffle can only help. Strength is the key. But a strong box that sounds like shit is a strong box, that sounds like shit. Plenty of those around, and sometimes people buy them!

"They measure excellently" - I've already mentioned that your test methods are abysmal, but you aren't game to put the photo up.

Port resonance - why would you be proud of this for a infrasonic loudspeaker? Are you high?

I'll say it again, with the knowledge you have demonstrated of spectral analysis you could measure someone shitting on a tambourine and tell me it's flat from 20 to 20 with one phase rotation.

And measure excellently? Look at your graph - You have up to and greater than 6 Decibel difference across one octave, in multiple octaves. One octave, and a logarithmic difference in output of half. That's far from what I would call acceptable, let alone excellent, let alone something I would pay for, and far from what a rider or client would accept.

So you can't measure effectively, when you do it's closed space (in your room....), not half space or open space, but you have no idea how to offset closed space, and it still looks like a rollercoaster of fucking filth.

Where's the phase plot? Game enough to post it? How many rotations have you got across the passband?
>>
I've got a spun daubed hdc318 18 inch powered by a shitty boss 4000 max 1700rms amp and a 900 amp battery charged with a 250 amp alternator. I've got some 2/0 to put in because I. Running 4gauge atm. I do recommend so undaunted great stuff for a good price
>>
>>15872152

Did you mean Soundqubed? Never heard or seen them in the flesh, but there's a lot of chatter about the HDC and HDS range.
>>
File: IMG_20160922_220423.jpg (1MB, 4608x3456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160922_220423.jpg
1MB, 4608x3456px
1100w sub, 200w amp bolted behind seat. Can't use the pass through anymore :(
>>
>>15872508
Neat and tidy.
>>
>>15872508
Super Clean!
>>
>>15872508
I hope that is supposed to say 1200w amp
>>
>>15872508
Nice trunk, very clean !

I also hope you missed a 1 because your sub is not 1100W, it's made to handle 1100W of power, so it's probably heavy as fuck and would behave stupidly with a 200W RMS amp. Damping and stuff...

>bolted

Thank you ! We've seen too many big subs floating in trunks, waiting for the opportunity to fly and destroy themselves / the passengers.

>>15870432

Sorry everybody is too busy feeding the troll to actually help you. >>15871477 is a bit excessive but in that precise case I would do exactly that.

I don't even understand how that is. I mean, two signal cables go to the source, the very thin one is obviously remote, also from the source, the jack is probably aux to the source, to play from a phone in the trunk, okay...
But it leaves the two big wires to be battery + and ground. Is the fuse switch thing (no english word sorry) off ? Because the two are stripped in the end and probably touching so the + can't be connected. And why is the fuse in the fucking trunk ? Is there another one near the battery ? Is this one just used as a switch ? If so, and if everything is clean and protected, you might use this directly. But read about it until you perfectly understant, it's not that complicated and a mistake can cost you your car in a fire.
Also, was he using an enourmous amp on the sub(s) that needs this much power, and no external amp on other speaker ? Or was there a power splitter thing (sorry) he removed with the rest of the install ?
>>
>>15873077
I'm pretty sure the little box is a switch as it looks very familiar,
>>
File: Snapchat-2665223667300797199.jpg (568KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-2665223667300797199.jpg
568KB, 1440x2560px
>>15872076
How do you know the group delay is fucked?
You're basing literally everything you say off baseless assumptions.
You don't need dampening with infrasound, the fuck you even talking about?
There's nothing going on inside the box that can even be fixed by dampening at frequencies that low.
Dampening is for sealed boxes and bass modules not infrasound boxes.

Any of the measurements I give you, you wont be happy with, I don't have ananechoic chamber to do any decent measurements, my subs weigh 300lbs each and are upstairs in my home theater.
The fact that they measure that flat is not bad, it's a mostly empty room with no sonic treatments done, good luck trying to get a flat measurement in a big ass square empty room with fucking nodes all over the place fucking your shit up.
That's without EQ as well, it could be much improved with the use of an EQ.
Show me one of your subs giving +-8db in an empty fucking room and get back to me.
Anything past 80hz in that chart is irrelevant as well since the 12db/oct subf filter hits right at 80hz.

Saying my box sounds like shit when it's +-8db from 14 to 80hz in an empty untreated room is honestly hilarious, you're so fucking full of shit it's downright amazing.

1st port resonance is good in that it's more than an octave over the crossover frequency and therefor not an issue.

The only measurements I can do in my room are 1 inch from the woofer and port at low SPL, everything else will be subject to reflections and hella nodes all over the place.
That measurement posted before was about 3 feet from the sub.
>>
>>15873405
Everyone has there own way of doing things whats the point in arguing? Yea some methods may be disagreed with or even proven wrong but let people do what works for them obviously try and help em out if they need it but you don't need to bitch about it all day because you don't agree, Lets just enjoy that we all enjoy good bass in one form or another and haven't been killed working on high voltage systems lol there really is no reason to fight tho friendly debates are welcome! Everyone has something valid to say that someone can learn something from and everyone has something to learn. Of course I will get shit for this post but I hope everyone can be a little more friendly were all supposed to be here for the same reasons and that's enjoying and sharing auto related material!
>>
>>15873388
I know exactly what it is, I just don't have the english word. The most accurate I can find is "circuit breaker". Actually it's like a fuse you can reset or manually blow. So it's supposed to be used as a fuse, but you can also use it as a switch.

What I don't understand is why here ? If you want a switch, put a switch. If you want a fuse for the main power line put it just after the battery.

If there is no other fuse than this one it's very dangerous, look at the exposed metal just before the thing, imagine it touches the chassis or a ground wire...
>>
>>15869815

i bet you've never broken 30k/year

lmao
>>
>>15873483

>realizes he's on the losing side

"E-Everyone has there own way of doing things whats the point in arguing?!"

damage control
>>
>>15855977

Googles
>>
>>15872076

>acts like he's some kind of actual engineer and not just a disgrace to the title

In reality, what you're doing is moving around mid-tier prebuilt speakers and setting up sound traps at your local venue that books normie-indie artists while getting paid $14/hr while wasting money on microphones
>>
File: qc2M2Ie.png (329KB, 384x800px) Image search: [Google]
qc2M2Ie.png
329KB, 384x800px
>>15873582
>>15873591
>>15873616
>needs his furshit friend going to a second tier school to "strengthen" his argument, because he doesn't actually have one
>>
Car audio has and will always be a retarded hobby

t. Actual Sound Engineer
>>
>>15873650

neither side seems to have a real argument here

just points that are brought up, which mr paws counters, and then the other guy drops

at-least i don't HAVE to go to school
>>
I'm just gonna sit here and lol at you guys argue, best entertainment all day and I'm learning little things here and there lol (or getting my head filled with lies....) now kids don't trust what you read on 4chan for they shall mislead you! lol
>>
>>15855887
I run pdx f6 on r type 6.5 inch components all round and 2400wrms alpine mono on 2 r type 12" subs
Total is around 3000rms
sounds good
>>
Anyone else here considered getting a nigger bass system like this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSCfz_7499E
>>
matched alpine setup with 6.5" components front and rear and a 250w amp pushing them. sounds nice but I might get one of those small subs that fits in the tire well.
>>
>>15855887
would this make a good welder?
>>
>>15873810
Nice I like Alpine they have good SQ, I overpowered mine also and never had a problem they still run great after many years.
>>15874083
Not recommended LMAO
>>
>>15874055
HAHAHA
>>
>>15873810
F6 is the 4 channel ? Active 2 way or passive front and rear ? Or bridged on passive front ?

Sounds cool to me, maybe I would change speakers, not fan of Alpine ones... But still cool. I'm using the V9 on my stealth system BTW.
>>
>>15873405

The group delay will be fucked because of the design you have chosen. Not a baseless assumption, it is based on a few things, such as my THX certification, a few decades in SR and a decade or so of testing and simulation. It's a bit like how you take a shit on a car here, even though you've never seen it in the flesh, as you can recognise horsehit designs. That's what's happening here.

You are using air as a transmission medium for vibration. And then you will tell me you don't need to dampen 'dead' spaces to prevent them resonating. You aren't basic enough to think I'm talking about rockwool or spun fibreglass, surely.

"There's nothing going on inside the box that can even be fixed by dampening at frequencies that low" - Nonsense. You are telling me there is nothing about vibrating air that cannot be fixed by managing the vibration of air.

"Any of the measurements I give you, you wont be happy with" - That's the crux of it you sooky cunt. And not because of some perceived slight against you, but because your measurements are fucked. You can't measure correctly. To put it another way, you've changed the spacing of the graduations on a ruler by fucking the test method, and are screaming loud and proud that your creation is exactly thirty centimetres. How can that be, when your test method is fucked?

Plus minus eight dB, blah blah. Translate that into practice - you have the amplitude varying by OVER A HALF across the passband. That's pathetic. And newsflash, dickhead. I wouldn't have obtained the THX Certified Technician Level One if I couldn't do what you're suggesting. That's the point of the certification - I can, I do, and I am paid to install and calibrate reproduction systems for cinemas to the THX standard. Do you think ol Georgy Lucas calls for +/-8dB?

So no, saying your box varies amplitude by a half from 14 to 80Hz isn't hilarious at all. It's a sad reflection on what you think is acceptable.
>>
Port resonance - This is funny now! So before when you were rapidly looking for adjectives to desribe your box in a good way, you told me how good it was to have high port resonance. I told you that was silly. It seems a quick Google search about port resonance later, you are telling me it's all good because the first order resonance is above the passband. So now it's a bad thing that doesn't effect your design. Why the flip flop? Didn't know anything about it when you brought it up? Why would you possibly want port resonance in an infrasonic loudspeaker?

Blah blah, my test methods are rediculous because of nodes. Right, so you do know what constructive and destructive interference is. If you can understand a node and antinode, and how they are formed, WHY WOULD YOU STACK HF DEVICES WITH DIFFERENT WAVEGUIDES. If you really can understand what's going on here, how can you not see the destructive and constructive interference that occurs on both planes from two drivers reproducing the same frequency? I cannot see how this escapes you.

>>15873582
Never seen you on tour or in a cinema. And your importance is.....?

>>15873616

That's not me. But a recap;

DiGiCo D1 and SD7/8
Nexo
Camco
Meyer
JBL

That's my usual inventory, but I'll run anything cross rental that's tier one.

You can project your issues on me to your heart's content. I've spent decades mixing touring acts, and a decade configuration cinema installations. Again, you're nothing, so I won't be meeting you in a hurry.
>>
>>15873669

You're as dense as the other kid. Everything that dickknob has brought up has been disproved. Not by me, I've just mentioned it. You can verify every last detail, about SMPS, about voltage rails, about destructive interference, about chamber resonance and damping potential resonance, group delay, impedance (high impedance speakers for 120v outlets? What in the actual fuck, that's so stupid I cannot see how anyone could apply that as truth).........

Points that Paws counters, and I drop? Are you blind or completely retarded? The complete opposite has happened here, how is that what you can comprehend?

This is sad. Very, very sad. Why you two are so arrogant is beyond understanding, as you have NOTHING to be arrogant about.
>>
And quickly for the record as you both seem to have sensitive souls; I don't care that you dress up as dogs and fuck each other. Not in the slightest. The things I've seen and perhaps done backstage far, far exceed a bit of costume play. I don't care about that, or your cool internet persona. But you are telling lies as proclaiming them as truth, backed by your arrogance. It's one thing to not know, it's another to ask. But you actively hang shit on other users and invent facts to pave over your knowledge gaps to sound like something you're not.

You aren't a tech, you build boxes in the garage - You aren't a calibration tech, you can't use spectral analysis worth a shit - You aren't a bodyshop king, you whack panels in the garage with your friends. Be proud of what you are and the things you try, but do not continue to believe and perform like you are something that you ain't.
>>
people dumping huge amounts of cash into audio systems and that kind of stuff are fucking retarded, whats the point of having speakers and subwoofers making your car rattle the living shit out of it. buy a fucking boombox and wear it on your shoulder while you walk around in the ghetto like the fucking peasant you are.
instead of buying speakers amps or subwoofers, get yourself some new tires, maintenance your car, or even better, buy some driving lessons
>>
>>15875802
>The group delay will be fucked because of the design you have chosen. Not a baseless assumption
There is pretty much no stopping the group delay from going up the lower your frequency goes, you've completely latched onto this one aspect of my speaker to bash when in reality it's completely irrelevant, it's funny how hard you're grasping fur straws here.

Below 80hz there's literally nothing that can be put inside that box to dampen it, all frequencies are too low to even deal with, this box doesn't produce anything above 80hz like a normal woofer would, good luck trying to dampen shit at frequencies that low.
>You are telling me there is nothing about vibrating air that cannot be fixed by managing the vibration of air.
nice broad generalizations, but frequency comes into heavy play here and you should already know that lower frequencies become more and more difficult to dampen and manage.

How is my test method fucked?
Go ahead and drop one of your JBL modules into a 12x20 foot room with no EQ and give me the frequency response on it, I'll wait.
I 100% guarantee you that it wont be under +-8db without EQ in an empty room.

>>15875808
>ything about it when you brought it up? Why would you possibly want port resonance in an infrasonic loudspeaker?
>a quick google later
This was all taken into account when I designed the subwoofer, I can shoot you thw winisd file which has the port resonance listed in it, but you wont care anyways.

How is it a bad thing that 1st port resonance doesn't effect my design?
You're not making any sense at all, get some sleep aussie shitposter.

You realize both JBL and Klipsch are stacking mf and hf horns with different dispersion patterns in their designs they are selling right?
It's negligible and you're simply looking for flaws to bash in my system, flaws that are negligible that your favorite companies are also ignoring and selling due to that fact.

>never seen you in cinema
maybe because you live on a shit island
>>
>>15876914

That's pathetic. Of course you can lower group delay at low frequencies.

I thought you'd be basic enough to latch on to damping as meaning stuffing the enclosure. Damping the enclosure with the contained volume. Your loudspeaker has a large volume unbaffled at a large distance from both the vent and the driver. When I suggested you have a squiz at the 3635 which addresses these issues at roughly the same volume as your enclosure, I take it you didn't.

Going by the image you still are very shy to throw up, you don't have the sensor on axis, you don't follow any sort of standard on distance from the element to the sensor which makes it very hard to use a standard metric.

I won't be setting anything up for you champion. Especially not as I'm posting from a venue.

Not Australian, but I have worked with Aus talent. Some not talented.

>They measure excellently, have high port resonance
>high port resonance

So that's you, not long ago. You aren't making sense, first you are happy that your cabinet has high port resonance which I suppose is a bit like being proud you have a prolapsed anus. Now it's a bad thing that doesn't affect your design.....

Cunt, you still aren't seeing what the go is here. To help and I keep asking, please throw on up that 70's trap bin you built. With two HF devices. Not medium format horn and a high frequency horn.

You can have as many horn mouths as you like. But this is the basic point that you fail to grasp even still - two drivers reproducing the same frequency will destructively and constructively interfere on both planes. If you are smart enough to find a node and antinode in your room, how you cannot be smart enough to figure out why you don't stack HF elements with discreet horn mouths.

I live in the States.

Champ, you're an arrogant dropkick. It's funny, but it's not at the same time.
>>
>welfare trumpets

lol please
>>
File: 20150310_215540.jpg (2MB, 1152x2048px) Image search: [Google]
20150310_215540.jpg
2MB, 1152x2048px
>>15876964
So how do you go about effectively lowering group delay at 15hz?
Explain this to me
Also explain why it's a priority to lower group delay at such a low frequency, a frequency you've never even reproduced with your prosound shit.
Who cares if it's undampened?
What exactly is the dampening going to do?
It sure as fuck isn't going to dampen the port resonance since it's non-existent.

>Going by the image you still are very shy to throw up, you don't have the sensor on axis
Wrong, it was centered on the mf horn
>you don't follow any sort of standard on distance from the element to the sensor which makes it very hard to use a standard metric.
What is one meter?

Yes, high 1st port resonance, I've never flipped my argument, you might wanna get your head checked out here.

So I guess since two drivers producing the same frequency is a bad thing there should be no crossover slopes and everything should have a sharp 1000000db/oct xover yes?
Lmao.
>>
File: basic interference.gif (11KB, 459x328px) Image search: [Google]
basic interference.gif
11KB, 459x328px
>>15877084

This is circular, but at least I got my photo up.

You would lower group delay by (and shock horror here, it's only been mentioned three or four times) not having an undamped mass of air that is a great distance from both the vent and the driver. I think those exact words are only a few mouse wheel scrolls up?

'Who cares if it's undamped' - Well, that's a good question. It's a bit like asking 'who cares if the steering has a huge dead spot in the middle?' The longer the group delay, the less 'dry' and 'tight' the LF output becomes. And before you have a panty twist about the terms, if it's good enough for Neumann to describe it as such it's sure good enough for me. If your aim is articulated LF output with cone control, low group delay is the key.

No, the undamped mass you have will not change the port resonance. That's a given seeing as the port fb is a function of diameter and length, with the additional variable of volume if you drill the port or add venturis.

That last point - Right, so your next step is to seriously look at interaction between elements producing the same frequency. Being serious, you don't get it. At all.

I quickly found a pretty picture. Take the solid blue as a HF element above the light blue, another HF element. Produce the same frequency and the result is comb filtering.

Let's look at your box. Both the HF and MF elements are compression drivers on horns. With two types of flares (you previously mentioned it's a 60x40 MF and an 80x80 HF, is that correct?) when they do mutually couple, it won't be pretty... or on axis. When you keep mentioning Klipsch (who sponsored our THX training venue in 95) or JBL or whoever with horn loaded MF and HF elements, while the flare may look different you WILL find that each horn has the same dispersion.

Most filters I use are 48 Butterworth or LR. A filter with 1000000db/octave would result in 27.73 phase rotations across the octave. Far from ideal which should be obvious.
>>
File: JBL Speakers 3-1.jpg (268KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
JBL Speakers 3-1.jpg
268KB, 1024x768px
>>15876914

Interesting you mention that my 'favorite' companies are selling poorly arranged horns - well, they sure used to. The last time JBl produced a cabinet like that were these things, 4732's. Sold thousands upon thousands of them.

Sound like utter shit. Strong box, but a strong box that sounds like shit.
>>
>>15877195
>not having an undamped mass of air that is a great distance from both the vent and the driver.
So I can get a group delay of 25ms instead of 30ms at 20hz?
Completely negligible, inaudible and irrelevant at frequencies this low.

that's also wrong the mid horn is a 90x60 and the hf is a 60x60, all that's really relevant is that the dispersion matches at the xover frequency, of course the dispersion will change with frequency but that's where it's important.
They are also on passive xovers for simplicity reasons.

My next speakers will be 2 way with JBL double bass bins and SEOS waveguides to get flatter extension.
>>
>>15877214
It's ok, I don't blame you fur not understanding that the group delay at 20hz is negligible, you've never been able to go this low before, it's uncharted territory fur you lmao.
>>
>>15877377

Oh hoh hoh, that's gold! 5 milliseconds as inaudible, showing your experience here young one. That's 1.715 metres difference in time dilation. The equivalent of having the driver an additional SIX FEET AWAY from the focal point, or one tenth of the wavelength at 20 cycles. That's quite a bit.

It's ok, I don't blame you for not understanding time and distance, you've never been able to time align before, it's uncharted territory for you.

That's amazing dude, that you honestly believe that milliseconds is "Completely negligible, inaudible and irrelevant at frequencies this low." Time dilation is relevant at all frequencies, what makes the correlation between time and distance disappear at low frequencies? You muppet.

The passive network was next on my hit list. Notice how your driver depth is vastly different? But of course, you believe that delaying each element to the same focal point is of no use as delay times that small are completely negligible. What sort of allowance for time adjustment between elements have you made?

20Hz is not uncharted, have you ever sat in a cinema? What part of my profession being calibrating cinemas and theatres did you miss? Sure, I'm not dipping into the twenties most times at a rock show. I will if I've got J-Infra's under B2's. I also used SB1000's for infrasonics in the sound design for Wicked in California and SB1000's for Billy Elliot in Melbourne.
>>
>>15877455
>Oh hoh hoh, that's gold! 5 milliseconds as inaudible
At 20hz, yes it fucking is lmao, you can barely hear 20hz let alone hear group delay at 20hz.
You're so fucking stupid I'm loling desu
1.7 meter difference in a fucking 17 meter long wavelength you fucking fool
>>
>>15877455
>you've never been able to time align before
That's wrong tho, I time aligned my JBL bass bins with their top hats with my DSP, you're acting like this is some kind of magnificent feat when you punch in a few numbers into a dsp lmao.
Just the fact that you care about a 5ms delay at 20hz shows me you are totally fucking retarded.
>>
>>15858251
Can I ask you why audio and video can't into cable management? Video is the worst but audio can be bad sometimes too, only for touring do I see audio people give a fuck about cable neatness.

t. Lighting guy
>>
>>15877475

10% of the wavelength is a lot. You don't think so, but you also think that;

>that's why home speakers are high ohm, they have 120v at their disposal, cars only have 12v so you need low ohm speakers with DC-DC converters

and

>I know how speaker impedance works, an impedance mismatch won't happen unless your amp is shit and has a high impedance output

^^ Sure, you could take out a high impedance output tube amplifier or distributed line amplifier with too low or too high of a nominal impedance. But what happens to a conventional dual ended FET output circuit at too low of an impedance? Maybe you don't know how impedance works.

as well as;

>thinking you need damping inside a subwoofer

^^ Yes, you do. Damping is not just spun fibreglass. Even then, it is occasionally called for, even by Klipsch and James B Lansing. Your thinking goes against all demonstrated methods of sound reproduction.

Just because you wrongly think it is irrelevant, or small, or whatever shithouse excuse you can come up with does not make it so. 5ms at any frequency is 6 feet of offset. For you, that's nothing.

But all you are is a young fella building hobby shop boxes in the garage, nothing more, and that sort of accuracy is fine for you. Not for anything above a consumer though.

>>15877502

Time aligned all three elements in the box? With a passive network? No, you haven't. You've aligned the bass bins to the tops. That's great, three to go to stop the tops just spraying smeared MF and HF.

>>15877503

Because unfortunately the majority of techs are lazy pigs. Video can be bad, so can you lighties, but slack audio A2's and 3's leave shit fucking everywhere.
>>
>>15877455
>SB1000
>flat to 24hz
>300 watt
nice infrasound there that's down 30db at 15hz looooooooooooool
>>
>>15877533
>>that's why home speakers are high ohm, they have 120v at their disposal, cars only have 12v so you need low ohm speakers with DC-DC converters
How exactly is this wrong?
Low voltage systems need low ohm loads to get a decently amount of power
P = E2/R
Debate this, I dare you.

I don't give a fuck what you're saying about tubes, nobody here is using tubes, nobody was talking about tubes til you brought it up.

>Even then, it is occasionally called for, even by Klipsch and James B Lansing
Occasionally?
You realize JBL doesn't even make shit that goes to 14hz right?
Everything they make operates from 30hz up, even the theater shit.
Good luck trying to fill a large venue or full size theater with high spl 15hz lol.

6 foot offeset in a 57ft wavelength at a frequency so low you can't even perceive it in 5ms time.
Nice one there dude.

>Time aligned all three elements in the box? With a passive network?
First off, my passive setup isn't JBL, it's eminence and selenium drivers, so IDK why you think I'm even referring to that setup.
Once again, full of assumptions and lacking and concrete data to back up anything you say.
My JBL bins are a 2 way design.
>>
>>15877573

JBL 5628 is useful to 18Hz at 2 Pie Radian and 19Hz with 4 Pie Radian. 4645C is flat to 22Hz with their processor, or 22Hz useable response. I think I would have installed about three dozen 4645C's in the mid-west alone.

You were saying? You have no clue boiyo.

And no, loudspeakers for home audio are not high impedance because of the available input voltage. They are high impedance to make use of a high damping factor and to lessen the current draw on consumer level FET's.

Car audio subwoofers are low impedance to make use of extremely high output levels. Most of these woofers are less than 90db/w/m and require huge amounts of power. Easiest way to do that with a double ended FET output stage is to drive a low impedance.

I do fill a large venue down to infrasonics when needed. I can. That's why I mix things like Wicked in Cali with massive LF in the sound design, and you sit in your room in a fur suit.

Of course you can perceive LF in 5ms time. A kick drum impulse is usually 2 or 3ms. Are you telling me you can't feel the kick drum at a concert or in your room?

Didn't say your setup was JBL, go back and read. But even JBL woofers may have spun fibreglass damping.

Great, so you have more than one manufacturer on different horns with different guides in the same box. What a winning design. Fuck me.
>>
>>15877618
>5628
>-3db at 27hz
>meanwhile I'm at -3db at 14hz
Good job lmao.
>10db down is now usable
>just earlier in the thread you were giving me shit for being +-8db
>suddenly it's ok to be 10db down
Such a fucking hypocrite holy shit dude.

Lessen the current draw by using a higher voltage, yes.
Thank you for rewording exactly what I said, I'm glad we're on the same page now lol you fucktard.

Higher voltage means less current needed for the same amount of power, thanks for proving exactly what I've been saying this whole time you imbecile.

>
Car audio subwoofers are low impedance to make use of extremely high output levels. Most of these woofers are less than 90db/w/m and require huge amounts of power. Easiest way to do that with a double ended FET output stage is to drive a low impedance.
Once again, rewording then regurgitating exactly what I've been saying since the beginning of this thread, very nice.

>he thinks his SB1000 subs are worth a damn
You're making me laugh, I can't tell if you're serious or not.

You realize a kick drum is a massive wide range of frequencies that can be perceived in 5ms yes, but a 20hz sine?
Absolutely not.
What have we been discussing this entire time?
A 20hz sine.
Now stop moving goal posts when you get blown the fuck out like a little bitch.

Since when is a kick drum a pure sine, you're really grasping fur straws now buddy.

>I can feel a kick drum therefor a kick drum is pure infrasonics and 5ms is a big deal fur infrasonics
Please stop trying this hard, it's just embarrassing.

You assumed that my passive system was time aligned?
That's just silly, I have multiple systems, some are digital and some are passive.

Yes, JBL woofers have damping inside, they are designed to operate into the 1khz region, no fucking shit they have dampening.
My sub cuts off at 80hz, there is no need.

>he doesn't know JBL and selenium are the same company
Sad, I thought you knew your shit.
>>
>>15877667

So feisty, for someone so stupid.

5628 and 4645C both use processing. Nothing wrong with that. Neither of them are massive, slow slewing monoliths like your abortion.

I'm up your +/-8dB as it's across the range. You claim it's flat, it's far from it. Doesn't get any simpler than this. You claim you and your hobby boxes to be many things they and you are not.

You had not worded anything about higher impedance loudspeakers being used for their damping factor, nor lower impedance being used for excessive power. You stated that high impedance loudspeakers are for when you have a 120v wall socket. That's retarded.

The SB1000 is a fantastic tour speaker. Many made, many sold, many used. You can make over 130db whole space in the 20's with one module. I used eighteen for Wicked and fourteen for Billy Elliot.

You will perceive six feet of the 20Hz sine wave with 5ms delay. You will perceive six feet of a 40Hz sine wave with 5ms. You will perceive six feet of a 10Hz sine wave at 5ms. The key here is if they are SIX FEET AWAY from the focal point. I'm sure you believe this isn't an issue, and again, these sorts of beliefs are what keeps you where you are.

I'm sure you have multiple systems, though you only post a few images of a few shit ones. From that, I'd assume they are all fairly average. They could be good systems but I'd hate to see how you would deploy them.

4645C's and 5628's are packed with spun fibreglass too. The design calls for it. There is no cutoff frequency at which below damping will be ineffective. That's outright stupid.

Oh god, you are handicapped. Did you know Klark Teknik, MIDAS and Behringer are all the same company? Would you remove a DN360 for an Ultragraph Pro? Selenium are owned by Harmon but are produced elsewhere than the Illinois line for SRX and Vertec. Very different product.

Believe what you want, nothing I have said is incorrect. Cross reference it and masturbate to your failure if you want, I've got a tech run to nail.
>>
>>15877667

And no, I'm assuming your passive system is time aligned in any way. I'm carefully assuming it sounds like a heap of shit.

In fact, I'm confident of it.
>>
>>15877744
>5628 and 4645C both use processing. Nothing wrong with that. Neither of them are massive, slow slewing monoliths like your abortion.
Nice assumptions once again, but that speaker that you touted as going into the low 20s is already massively down on dBs by the time is gets there, why is this suddenly OK for you but not for me?
How can you simply dismiss this hypocrisy and not even comment on it?
>that attack I used didn't work, better act like it never happened and dismiss it
You're falling on your face here so much that it's sad.
>You had not worded anything about higher impedance loudspeakers being used for their damping factor
That's just a simple fact, it doesn't even need mentioning.
It's called impedance matching and there's no need to even bring it up.
High impedance loudspeakers are always used when higher voltage sources are present, do you see JBL putting out 1 ohm subs?
No, there's no need, the mains voltage is so high no SMPS or transformer is even needed to bump the voltage up to usable levels.
In a car?
Yes, you definitely need a low ohm speaker, good luck getting 1kw out of a 12v source without a dc-dc converter and low ohm driver.

>i used 18 piece of shit subs so they must be good
lol, get a real sub desu

>You will perceive six feet of the 20Hz sine wave with 5ms delay. You will perceive six feet of a 40Hz sine wave with 5ms. You will perceive six feet of a 10Hz sine wave at 5ms
Good job stating the obvious, only trouble here is that as the frequency gets lower, the ability fur you to even perceive what you're hearing goes down, you can't hear a 20hz sine in 5ms, it's not even possible fur your ear to register what 20hz is in 5ms.
Jesus you need to lay off the drugs or stop trying to purposefully be so abstruse.
I honestly can't tell if you're just really bad at getting/understanding concepts or if you're purposefully being retarded to try and confuse me.
>>
File: Sub1.jpg (648KB, 1367x2400px) Image search: [Google]
Sub1.jpg
648KB, 1367x2400px
Have a 2012 Mustang, looking to add a SMALL sub setup and looking for the lightest possible weight. Given it's a tiny cabin, I'm thinking a light 10" driver in a VERY thin, low volume sealed box (maybe ported, depending on what I could get the Tuning down to with such small dimensions).

Trying to brainstorm how I can do this the lightest way possible. Hoping to find an OKAY amp (no more than 100-200 RMS Watts, not high distortion) that's as light and cheap as possible.

Also, Amp would need line-level inputs so I don't have to run an RCA and can use my rear deck speaker wire to signal the Amp. Not sure if many amps can even do that - haven't looked at car audio in years, I'm a home theater Sub/Audio guy.

May even be possible to use a 8"-10" Infinite Baffle woofer/sub, but need to check my rear deck to see if it's feasible. So, anyone have a recommendation for a cheap, VERY light Sub amp that can realistically do 100-200 Watts fairly cleanly?

If I do this right I'm hoping to keep it within 15-30 pounds at much for the Woofer/Enclosure/Amp/Wiring! Thanks for any advice.
>>
File: k18.png (2MB, 1023x748px) Image search: [Google]
k18.png
2MB, 1023x748px
>>15877821

I don't think we are talking about the same sub here. EAW, SB1000, 1400 into 4 ohm for 127dB per cab? You, a backyard hack, against one of the most toured subs of all time? Be realistic here.

Look at this image. Powersoft K18, 240v. Just what the fuck do you think this is that has been circled? I'm not going to keep going around in circles with this, but you don't even understand how a power amplifier works. It's a Switch Mode Power Supply, but you don't know what the fuck it does for the amplifier so what's the point in showing this to you? It's not a DC-DC converter, it's not fixed ratio, it's a regulated power supply. Always, except the cheapest and most basic of designs. But you don't know why it has to be regulated at all, or what effect that has!

"the mains voltage is so high no SMPS or transformer is even needed to bump the voltage up to usable levels." You are saying, without doubt, that the input power goes straight on up into the rails, no reg power supply, no filter cap, nothing. Holy... wow. No, that's again not how it works.

You can order 2269H tomorrow from Harmon oem with two 4 Ohm or alternate two 2 Ohm. Depends what you need it for. Usually you want high impedance to run multiple cabs from the one amplifier. One cabinet is no good, you need pairs and quads or more. The little Geo S from the picture waaaay up there are great 16 Ohm boxes for two hangs of eight a side on a 6kW 2 Ohm amp like the Camco.

You will perceive the first five milliseconds of a twenty cycle burst. You will perceive the relative gain in pressure. I tell you now, the audience will.

Man I'm out, I understand why you cop the shit you do here. You scratch 'n' sniff the surface of something new, convince yourself you know everything on it and carry on like a righteous cunt. I don't know why are you arrogant when there is nothing to back it up. I hope you aren't like this in the outside world and want to work in this biz, as you'll get worked over.
>>
>>15877821

The difference between these loudspeakers is yours has been advertised by you as flat, measure excellently etc and attempt the ol' nut swing. The JBL cabs will get right down with the matching processor. But they won't be swinging +/-8dB either.
>>
>>15856812
There's software I used in high school, it's free think it was like zurk box Calc or something. I had 3 sundown zv3 18s on 6300 rms peaking at 33hz btw peeps
>>
>>15878544
Also had 4 xs d3100s and 250 amp at so I could dd it
>>
Anyone have recommendations for 6x8 (fucking Ford...) Speakers that aren't completely shit for 'bass' (Not talking 30hz here, more like 50-60+)?

I'm either adding a very small sub package but if not I'm looking for 6x8s that aren't utter garbage on the lower end. I replaced my Fronts w/ some 3-way Pioneers and they sound better than the stock garbage for sure but they're definitely not great compared to my home stuff and they suck shit below 100hz.

On the other end, what would you guys recommend for good sounding 6x8 that aren't super expensive? Been eyeing the Infinity Kappas but they're not cheap and if I get those, I'm also adding a Sub so they're not taxed to shit. I'm sure they'll sound pretty good but wonder if the bass is atleast okay for a small space. Best value 6x8 speakers that don't sound 'harsh' in the mids/highs like the Pioneers I bought?

Just trying to not spend much and my car only has 4x 6x8 speakers in the front lower door panels and the rear deck. Also, I don't suppose I could mount 6 1/2" Round speakers in 6x8 holes, could I? If I can't fit 6" round speakers I'll stick with 6x8 because the 5" speakers are just way too small of a surface area thus will be inefficient and be horrible on lows.
>>
Anyone want to recommend a book for me on sound reproduction?

Also, I have no system at the moment unless you consider my Subaru, which has a 40 dollar head unit, stock front speakers, and 25 dollar Scosche(??) speakers in the back.

My amp broke so my big giant box with 4 6.5 inch woofer is back in the house
>>
>>15878796
I was actually literally JUST looking at this for my Bronco, for the rears.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_142SA68/Scosche-SA-68-Speaker-Mounting-Brackets.html?tp=2824

6.5" in a 6x8 enclosure.
>>
>>15878980
>>15878796
To add onto this, I purchased Blaupunkt TL160s for the front 6.5" enclosures, and I'm quite pleased with them, but I am a filthy plebeian that knows absolutely nothing about car audio, or audio in general.
>>
>>15878980
>http://www.crutchfield.com/p_142SA68/Scosche-SA-68-Speaker-Mounting-Brackets.html?tp=2824

Awesome, thanks bro. 6" Speakers are so much better than 6x8s and open up way more options. Fuckin sweet
>>
>>15877923

what woofer is that? Alpine? Why doesn't it have a logo
>>
>>15878312

Didn't bother reading this huge, long argument but what did the Furry say/argue that was so egregiously wrong that you're writing out these long, mad posts? I'm not talking shit, I'm curious and trying to learn.

His home subwoofers are really pretty good (for their intended purposes, and budget) and he's better than most audio people when it comes to know what to look for.
>>
File: Acoustic Elegance AV12X.jpg (105KB, 600x461px) Image search: [Google]
Acoustic Elegance AV12X.jpg
105KB, 600x461px
>>15879035

It's really obscure, you've probably never heard of it. It's a 15" Sub by some tiny home audio woofer company called Acoustic Elegance. It's a great sub but it took forever to get and was expensive.

Can't find a good pic so here's the 12" model of it. I'd love to use my AV15X in my car but I want to keep it light as possible and the driver is 40 something pounds.
>>
>>15856006
Two to boost the engines fuel economy and one for the exhaust (sucks air out of the engine and into the exhaust, so that the other two turbos work faster) duh
>>
>>15879550
Finally someone got it right! But do you know what the fourth is for that's kinda hidden in the picture that everyone overlooks?
>>
>>15879122
a bit weird to refer to AE as a "home audio woofer company", seeing as all their designs are descended from (or are) pro audio.

but yeah, the Lambda driver design is possibly the best the world has ever seen. what a weird and neat company.

your small, thin box idea will work, as long as it's stiff enough. 7/16" OSB or plywood will do. dowel crossbracing is the most efficient use of internal volume. mount the woofer magnet-out to maximize box volume/weight ratio.

don't bother with porting. ported subs can't pressurize below their tuning freq, and the port output won't combine nicely with the cabin gain (making EQ/DSP mandatory).

a 1-200W class-D amp should weigh next to nothing. remember that THD is a meaningless metric for class-D amps.
>>
>>15879739

Yeah, there's no way I'm using the AV15X in my Mustang because as I said, the Driver alone is way heavier than I want everything to be combined.

I'll probably get a light, modest Sub with pretty good efficiency, relatively poor Xmax and put it in the smallest box I can design. It's weird going from Home Sub design to Car design obviously because the 12db/Oct gain in the car cabins - makes it SO much easier to design something small and modest that won't grenade itself trying to handle 30hz.

I don't know much about low-end 'Car' Subwoofers other than a little bit about the JL 12W0, so maybe I'll use something like a plain old Dayton 10" Woofer. Won't take much at all to fill in the lows in my tiny cabin with my really modest SPL wants so I have a lot of flexibility.

Now, to try to find some cheap-o Amps that are small and light and can output a clean 100 Watts or so. Going from big, 10 internal cubic feet enclosures tuned to 18hz for Music/HT to tiny little car cabins should be really easy if I stop procrastinating. Thanks for the advice.
>>
Got an old 18" stroker in my bedroom because old car is ded. Tuned to 33Hz.
ATM just an average 10.1 Infinity Kappa perfect sealed... In my miatas boot.
>>
>>15855887
Okay, I'll bite.

I have a 10 inch on a 250 watt sub in a closed box. Why? Because I don't like not hearing anything beyond the sound of aggressive air pressure changes from the 3 cubic foot movement of a 4000 watt pair of 15's
>>
>>15879817
That't not bad, I own a 10 inch too that I ran with a 12 inch wired together to a 1k rms mono block back in the day I love the 10's for listening the punchy bass in rock. I had a buddy that ran 4 8's and that sounded even better tho
>>
Guys I have a 300 wat sub wofer and want to have big bass. Where do I get 300 wat amp and whatr wiring I need?
>>
>>15875942

Brennan Richardson, stop
Thread posts: 221
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.