[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Truckerfag Thread: On the Road Again

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 357
Thread images: 57

File: CjVSIgeWUAAHEdK.jpg (50KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
CjVSIgeWUAAHEdK.jpg
50KB, 600x338px
Roehlretard is back over the road again. I told them that I was moving to Missouri, so I had to switch back. I'm actually pretty relieved about it baka sempai

>Obtaining a CDL: How do?
Community College or a dedicating truck driving school. Do your research and don't get sucked into a "school" that's actually just a meat grinder for a shit company. Do not pay over $5000 for a course that lasts several months.
>How can I into avoidings shit companies?
Here are some decent/good companies:
http://pastebin.com/Sv0cyWyH
If you don't see the company you're looking at included on this list, lurk moar.

>I could totally go to school but I'd rather be a trucker.
If you think you'll love the lifestyle, maybe. You'd be better off getting a """""real""""" job. You can fall back on trucking at any time, but it is essentially a path of decent money for those that fail at everything else.
You can have good business sense and work ethic and make it big as an owner operator, but you would do even better at any other job.

Obligatory meme section
-----
>You will get fat.
>The only clothing you'll own are pajamas.
>The only reason you get paid well is because you work 70 hours per week.
>The longest relationship you'll get is 15 minutes with a lizard.
>Eating nothing is better than roller dogs.
>You have the most dangerous job in the nation.
>The D.O.T., Police, and Le'dash-uh in receiving hate you, and will harass you every chance they get.
>Other drivers hate you.
>Your job will be obsolete once self-driving trucks become available.
>Your loved ones miss you.
>If you don't change careers you will forever be considered a cuck and a homo. Especially if you cuckbox with another fag driver.
>lol 'murrica

>4 4 T O N N E S
>4
>4
>T
>O
>N
>N
>E
>S

previous bread
>>15390670
>>
>>15421953
ROEHL O RAMA EDITION
>>
>>15421953
Any of you truckerfags have to wear a high-vis vest as uniform?
How do you stop it getting filthy?

Mine is covered in soot, and has black shit over half the reflective bands. It just accumulates.
>>
>>15422678
I have to wear one at a lot of my customers. I do a lot of steel/dies etc... I dont worry about it getting dirty. If it gets too bad I just take it home and wash it.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>15422678
I have a hi-vis vest and a handful of these bright orange T's that I'm supposed to wear but rarely do.

They all get dirty fast as hell. When I wear the orange shirts, I look like a hobo by noon.
>>
Official thread music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YB7hyfnP_i0

>>15421953

Where in Missouri? I'm in Springfield
>>
>>15422762
Tried washing it, and it delaminated. All the reflective shit hangs off now, and it didn't really come clean either.

It's only the high-vis that gets dirty, too. The winter jacket doesn't, nor does the uniform polo shirt.
I blame all the diesel soot.
>>
>>15422868
Cape area
>>
Flying J in Breezewood, PA has p nice showers. I hope they're all like this.
>>
>>15422792
i fix semis and i hate trucks that come in with orange seat belts
usually my hands are filthy and everytime i have to test drive them i usually forget and stain the belt and have to spend a lot of time cleaning it off
>>
>>15423809
Why not just wear gloves?
>>
i'm a heavy equipment operator, can i into trucking?

i'm an apprentice and work is slow now even though it's summer
>>
>>15423818
i knew somebody was going to say that
i dont know ive tried them a few times and everytime i have them on i can never get a grip of anything
im sure if i wore them for a month i would totally be used to it but when i wear them now i do the jobs was slower and drop stuff a lot
>>
>>15423828
really ?
move to a state that does a lot of roadwork and do that
i live near chicago and heavy equipment operators make a lot of money around here
also you get winters off so thats pretty cool
>>
Trucking is totally badass
Especially if you if you drive a Scania V8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaDsSRHAi1U
>>
File: 1467676689384.jpg (261KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1467676689384.jpg
261KB, 1280x960px
Is it even worth getting a CDL if you're not going to do OTR? been thinking about it for awhile but I just want a regular 40 hour a week job, not otr or a 12-14 day shift job. Any advice?
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>15423884
I'm home every night. It's hard work and some days are frustrating but whatever.
>>
File: 1468123302403.jpg (146KB, 768x964px) Image search: [Google]
1468123302403.jpg
146KB, 768x964px
>>15423899

But did you get that job without experience? Also how's the pay?
>>
>>15423884
>>15423903
>Posting lackluster 3d women

I hope you rot.
>>
>>15423903
Yeah they will hire you right out of school. Depending who you work for and how hard you work, it's probably like $40k-55k a year.
>>
File: 1468164768693.webm (2MB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1468164768693.webm
2MB, 640x640px
>>15424002

I'm sorry, would you prefer men?

>>15424007

How many hours per work do you average? I'm also in nj if that matters, I've heard conflicting reports as far as finding work here. Do you know the area at all?
>>
>>15424013
I don't think it would be hard finding a job like mine. There are so many food and beverage distributors. If anything, you could get on one of the liquor or milk straight trucks but I think they make a little less, like closer to $35k/yr.

I work maybe 45hrs a week. In the beginning there were some longer weeks and my average was more like 50hrs and closer to 55hrs when it was really busy in the summer. But I got on a route I like more and figured out how to get it done so normally I start at 6am and clock out around 2:30pm or 3pm. Right now is the busiest time of the year and getting off at 4pm is a late day for me.

With these jobs though, I would expect to average around 50hrs per week. But you are outside and moving around all day so it goes by faster than sitting in a call center or working retail and foodservice.
>>
>>15424029

How much driving would you say you do compared to loading/unloading trucks and other stuff? I just want to do driving mainly, especially on highways I love that feeling it gives you. Plus I don't have to worry about my car getting wear and tear.
>>
>>15424045
That's not gonna happen unless you do OTR or have a good amount of experience. I have a route that is a bit further away than most, so I drive about 45min in the mornings to get to my area and then I'm on the road for 5-10min between stops throughout the day. So I'm probably driving like 1/3 of my day.
>>
>>15424056

Damn that fucking sucks man. But compared to my situation now it would be better than nothing.

Thanks for the time anon
>>
>>15424070
Are you close to the ports and stuff? I mean NJ has enough freight moving through it, you might get lucky if you just apply a million places. Otherwise you may have to suck it up for a year or two and go OTR or do something like me.

Or look for something regional where you are home all but one or two nights a week. Gundam had a decent gig at Skyline too, their yard was close to his house so he drove over there on Monday mornings, hopped in the truck and ran all over and was home on Friday night. Better than out for 30 days, home for 3.
>>
>>15421953
Where you moving to in MO?
KCfag here.
>>
>>15423884
>>15423903
>>15424013
I came to this thread to see some goddamn trucks, not this gay shit.
>>
>>15421953
I'm kinda interested in becoming a trucker. What are the prerequisites? Do I need just a highschool education (if that), a CDL, and then someone to hire me? Will they train me? Try to explain this to me as if I'm a 7year old hyped up on sugar and crayons.
>>
>>15424110

You mean the ones in Newark and Elizabeth? Ya I live really close to there as well as NYC

The problem with regional is I want to keep going to college but I want to start making money to live on my own. Plus I'm sick of doing shitty jobs with shitty pay and being treated like shit in the process
>>
>>15424148
>Show up
>Don't be completely retarded
>Have a minimal command of English
>Have clean piss
>Get keys to a truck
>>
>>15424207
Doesn't sound too bad. How's the pay work? Is it per mile? Per delivery? Per hour? I'm entirely new to this.
>>
>>15424002
>women
>>
>>15424243
Could be any of those. Typically over the road is cents per mile or less likely a percentage of the load. Local is more likely to be per hour. Can be anywhere from a decent living to oodles of cash.
>>
File: 1467692176081.jpg (2MB, 2560x3840px) Image search: [Google]
1467692176081.jpg
2MB, 2560x3840px
>>15424148
Long hours , stress finding a place to sleep at night.
In a snowstorm you take a pay cut to risk your life.
No one will have sex with you until you get a real job
If you are already married or have an SO you are about to get cucked.
No joke, truckers are the most cucked demographic on planet earth.
Whats worse is you have to hear about the cucking at every truckstop with a lunch counter.

Its a horrible job but now you are stuck because no one wants to hire an ex trucker.
Might as well be an ex con.
>>
>>15424121
Cape girardeau area
>>
>>15424335
Is there an explanation behind this? Or does chicken grease make you a better gamer?
>>
File: Comfy_guy.jpg (53KB, 197x190px) Image search: [Google]
Comfy_guy.jpg
53KB, 197x190px
>tfw parked behind a nice quiet Lowe's again for the night
>>
>>15424874
Tell me tales of the road, senpai.
>>
>>15424888
one time a young qt showed me her tits because she was signalling for me to honk and I obliged.
>>
>>15424984
woah what do boobs look like?
>>
>>15424148

Most meatgrinders want 4K to put you through a piss poor school and then slam you into a truck a retard.

The retard that will drive with you will serve as a constant reminder of how cucked you will be at the end of your training.

Most companies don't care if you get to see hone anymore. You are a cuck and your family is no longer your family.

Sex will become as foreign to you as that kid who sat alone during lunch and drew anime.

You will, I'd not already, cave into eating food daily from under a heat lamp. You will grow terribly far if you have not already.

The government understands that you are now a fully fledged cuck. You will be forced on a non-sensical schedule where you must choose between rest and personal-time.

Do not worry though: your less-ofa'-cuck dispatcher will likely stick you in the middle of nowhere to wait on a load for several days at some point.

You will then be allowed to relieve yourself to whatever you can find because there will be no signal in your general area for smut.

At least you will make reasonable wage, yet your family will reap most of the benefits at home because they know you are a cuck and that you will cave to any demand.

Now say it with me!:

I DRIVE THIS TRUCK BECAUSE I AM A KEK!
>>
>>15424994

Edit-

I DRIVE THIS TRUCK BECAUSE I AM A KEK!
>>
>>15425002
Baka senpai
>>
>>15425110

I miss moot sometimes.
>>
What am I supposed to do if I wake up to start a new day and dispatch has no load for me? I'm not waking up my trainer to ask him. He'll just call me a dumbass.
>>
>>15426548
Nevermind. Security ran us off so I had to wake up my trainer.
>>
>>15426548
Sounds like a great trainer.

>>15424874
>tfw slept on muh comfy couch in front of my 55" TV

>>15424993
90% of the time, not like what you see in Playboy
>>
>>15426694
>90% of the time, not like what you see in Playboy
What did you mean by this?
>>
>>15426711
That permavirgins on 4chan think all tits should be D cups that have perfect shape and spacing. It isn't like that in the real world.
>>
>>15426723
>permavirgins on 4chan
like Whiney
>>
>>15426723
>the virginity is real!
>>
>>15426723
3DPD
DFC FTW
>>
>>15426766
>>
>>15426548
Me, I always fap.
>>
>>15427632
>tfw team fappin with your trainer
It's not gay if you are studk in the truck with dude in the middle of Kansas
>>
Smh
>>
File: image.jpg (19KB, 234x240px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 234x240px
>>15426782
>>
File: 1403048041521.jpg (84KB, 376x307px) Image search: [Google]
1403048041521.jpg
84KB, 376x307px
>>15426782
>>
File: image.jpg (69KB, 636x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69KB, 636x960px
>>15429011
Incoming real grill
>>
freightshaker the worst ! bring back truckerfag he was the best
>>
Soup truckers of /o/,

I have a dilemma. I work up in North-Western Canada in oil and gas, and for the past year, after being laid off as a supervisor from one of the big service after almost ten years, have been driving for a small specialized transport company hauling frac sand.

I really like working there; the trucks are well maintained and nicely outfitted for regional work, I get along with pretty well with the others drivers (sand hauling keeps a guy in close proximity to other company drivers), mechanics, office staff and dispatchers, and they like me. They just put me in a basically brand new luxed up Pete 389.

The problem is that since the start of this year, the work has gotten really spotty, to the point that the schedule most local guys are on (15 on/6 off) has to go out the window for me to make ends meet, meaning that I am pulling five week stints to bring in enough hours and this is taking its toll on my family life (I was on the same schedule at my old job for 8 years, but never had to work through days off to get by). As of right now, I have worked two days in the past month, and if it wasn't for a good tax return, I would have already been sunk.

Because of this dry spell and the home issues, I started looking elsewhere for work, and got offered a position at another service company to get back into well servicing, albeit in a different service line, so I wouldn't be in a supervisor position.

The dilemma I am having is this: I like the company I am driving for, but the way it is organized right now, there is nowhere for me to go after becoming a "lead hand", which is basically a driver with an additional trainer/mentor role. The company doesn't have office or supervisory positions that a driver can move into, and coming from a supervisory background, I don't want to stay a driver forever, even if I do like the company.

1/2
>>
>been like 9 days since I fapped

I don't think I've made it this long since I started doing it.
>>
>>15428800
This shit straight scared me as a kid. Great fucking show though.

Speaking of me never growing out of my cartoon watching phase, I finished Tokyo Ghoul Root A today. Only 16 more shows on my backlog to go.
>>
>>15429481

2/2

The service company has a lot more room for advancement, and has enough work that I should be able to get by without working four and five week stints, helping with my at home issues, but at a cost of working in a much more corporate, less informal setting, and working with equipment that isn't as nice or well maintained due to the size of the company.

The smaller company really wants to keep me on, but the one thing they can't give me is enough steady work so I can get by and keep on the 15/6 schedule.

What would you do in my situation?

Stay with the smaller friendly company with nice trucks, to the possible detriment of family life due to spotty work and no room for advancement, or go to the big company and be home more and be able to potentially move up, but with not nearly as nice of equipment, and having to be in a big corporate setting.
>>
>>15429481
>The company doesn't have office or supervisory positions that a driver can move into, and coming from a supervisory background, I don't want to stay a driver forever, even if I do like the company.
So in other words, you get a hard on for being in a position of power and are not satisfied being a plebcuck but you need to be a cuck supervisorcuck for a few more shekels?
>>
>>15429546
The second option is the more logical one since you don't have to worry about not being home often, the first option would only be good if your family is strong enough to understand that you won't be home for everything. Again, I'd go with option two, it might not be ideal for you but you have to look at the bigger picture. So go be a corporate whore in crappie equipment just like me!
>>
>>15429776

A lot more shekels among other perks, and yes, I liked being a supervisor. Supervising in well servicing is not a meme position like at most jobs. I was responsible for million dollar, state of the art cement/acid pumpers, and working on oil/gas wells worth potentially tens of millions of dollars if a job went sideways.
>>
>>15429781

Yeah, that's where I am at right now. I feel a sense of guilt for leaving is the reason I am having a hard time with this.

When I got laid off, out of well over one hundred resumes and job applications to local companies, only three netted me a callback, let alone an interview, so I was pretty grateful to get on there.
>>
>>15429354
wut. you mean EF?
>>
>tfw will never find "Caution: You're in my way, Faggot" sticker to replace the "Caution: You're in my blindspot" sticker on your truck.
>>
>>15429860
I'm kinda in a similar rut.
Owner hired me right out of school and has bent over backwards to accommodate me. (Ex - we keep crappy trucks to do city work and new volvos for OTR stuff. He let me take an older truck for OTR work and risk fines etc at scales, all because i told him I wanted real world manual exp.)
He's rewarded me well too, we got new trucks a few months back and I was one of the few to get a truck with just 110 kms on it. Dispatch loves me cuz I run hard but also help out with tricky loads etc. They deff have given me better loads as compared to other, more senior drivers.
I now wanna move onto tanker or long distance flatbed but the company doesn't do either of those things. Doesn't help that dryvan work has dried up a bit after July 4th.

You gotta remember, driving a cushy/new truck doesn't pay the bills. And they weren't doing you a favor by hiring you - your work has paid for the company and employees too.

I'm looking at spending maybe a year/18 months with this company and then jumping ship. Out here, in GTA, most drivers change company every 8 months so I'm hoping me staying that 'long' will be enough to warrant me not burning any bridges etc. It's a single owner small company and deff some place I might come back to in a safety/supervisory role.

Do you. Focus on family. Have a long term plan and stick to it. Pay your dues but always focus on your plan.
>>
>>15423828
Same except I already have cdl a and am banking for 22
>>
>>15430155
Get Robust Vinyl to make you some, head over to the /osg/ breads. I'll slap some on all these Swift trailers.
>>
Neat shit passing through Wyoming.
>>
>>15430464

Zany. A real supervillain's car.
>>
>>15430155
Kek. This weekend I parked next to a bona fide supertrucker who had a sign in his windshield that said MOVE OVER with an arrow, only it was backwards so you could read it in a rearview mirror. Also had a rebel flag on his grill. I wanted to snap a pic but he was dicking around in his truck and would've seen me.
>>
>>15430512
So you were mirin, but didn't want him to know you were mirin.
That's what we call jealousy.
>>
>>15430464
Cheyenne a shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x1833px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x1833px
>>15430233
fuck /osg/
>>
File: 0.jpg (14KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
14KB, 300x225px
>>15424335
Does anyone have any statistics on how often truckers get cucked?
>>
>>15431351
Not sure I was mirin, maybe I was. I was studying this strange fascinating creature and it's habits in its natural environment.
>>
>>15431998
You ain't wrong senpai

>>15432383
100% unless you have a 2D waifu.
>>
File: AngryCatgirlGif.gif (294KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
AngryCatgirlGif.gif
294KB, 512x512px
>>15429546
Go with the company that pays, or you're going to be laid off.
If they can't pay you, you can't stay. You're not a charity, are you?

>>15430191
You are not beholden to a corporation unless contractually bound.
>>
Well lads just drove my 2nd down to the wire 11 hour shift. Mentor is driving while im in the sleeper. On our way back from colton California to oklahoma with load #2
>>
>>15429481
The oil price crash means that ALL oil field related work is going to be spotty for a while. That's always been the nature of oil work - boom and bust. Take the job that pays your bills.

Alternately, since you have supervisory experience, hunt for a job out-of-area that puts you in that role. It looks really bad on a resume to go backwards from management. Like, REALLY bad.
>>
Pumpbro here I love rain off early about to pop some zannies and watch some porn
>>
>>15432919
>>15430191

Yeah, both of you are right. As much as I like the small company, they just don't have enough steady work or a long term career path for me to stay on.

Thanks for the advice.
>>
File: IMG_20160711_211021.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160711_211021.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Paying for WiFi at thr flying j is definitely worth while. The free wifi fucking blows. It's just too bad i paid 3 bucks to use wifi for not even an hour. Gotta download dem podcasts
>>
File: 1462109680882.jpg (16KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
1462109680882.jpg
16KB, 340x340px
>>15429883
Probably, this thread was a bastion of of hope, a sanctuary of intellect before I so unscrupulously donned the title of Eternal.

We had the potential to be daily.
>>
does it ever get to you that you're driving a vehicle the size of a small house?

or do you just focus on staying between the lines and out of the rear end of some lesser vehicle

also, when you guys are going 35 in a 55 road that is too curvy for a semi to effectively navigate, why don't you pull to the side so other people can get by? is it pride?
>>
>>15429354
Is that you, wordpukebot?
>>15430464
Noice.
>>15433444
Because then we'd be pulling to the side every minute and we don't make money sitting on the side of the road.
>>
>>15433444
A)We have to know the pull off is there in time to actually be able slow down enough to use it. Takes a not-inconsiderable amount of time to get slowed down enough to pull onto the side of a road. Probably have to slow to about 5mph to pull off on the side and then have do it gingerly. You wanna wait for me to do that or would you rather we keep going and be miles down the road instead
B) Is that wide spot actually safe for a truck? Am I gonna get stuck? How about taking off again. Can I see behind well enough to do it safely?

All in all it's usually better to just keep going and the four wheelers that can quite literally outbrake, outaccelerate, and outhandle a loaded truck by multiple orders of magnitude can find their own way around.
>>
>that driver who honks their air horn after each pull up at 01:00
>>
>>15433428
I got the fishing thread on /out/ to become almost a daily and the other people hate it because that board is normally so slow and the fishin threads are taking over all their knife threads.

>>15433444
Checked

And driving big trucks is fun.

Also most speed limits on curves and stuff can easily accomodate trucks. But I also drive the bay truck most of the time so even if I totally fuck up a pallet of something, it stays in that bay.

And I'm not going to pull over for a minute just to let some car past for a tight curve. They can hang on for the extra 5 seconds their commute will take because they were behind a truck for one curve.
>>
>>15433755
>All in all it's usually better to just keep going and the four wheelers that can quite literally outbrake, outaccelerate, and outhandle a loaded truck by multiple orders of magnitude can find their own way around.

This. I'd rather be inconvenienced for a few miles than have the road closed for hours while they haul your ass out of the hole you created when you pulled off the road.

If you don't want to share the road with trucks, either take a different route or petition the government for wider roads.
T H R E E L A N E S
>>
>>15433204
I thought the WiFi at truck stops was deplorable garbage?
>>
>>15434538
Sounds like the free one is trash but you can pay a few bucks for the gud
>>
>>15434562
Somebody was complaining a while back that a bunch of random sites were blocked on their paid truckstop wifi, the Steam store among them.
>>
>>15434562
I thought it was trash regardless, only place I've been to with good free WiFi was a Texaco in Houston. That shit had a solid 4MB of download speed, nothing was blocked either.
>>
Is anyone having issues with Chanu on Android 6.0.1? Mine crashes endlessly.
>>
>>15434674
The J was downloading at 1.2mb which is pretty good imo seeing as I don't have access to Internet anywhere except truckstops and phone data. Seeing as where my company is based out of has almost no service I'll take it
>>
>>15435271
Maybe try using a different browser?

For the longest time, Safari on muh iPhone wouldn't let me post on 4chan so I had to use Chrome. But Chrome was really, really slow loading the Captchas and selecting stuff, it would take 5 seconds for the blue check to show up. Then one day there was an update and Safari would let me post and Captcha ran fast.
>>
Had to block a lane of traffic today while getting unloaded cause the dock was too small. Felt good causing a disruption.
>>
>>15435290
That's a pretty good download speed desu. If only Verizon would stop cucking me, they used to give me 10GB of free data a month and now they don't. The struggle is real.

>>15435328
I got it, I had to reinstall the apk and that fixed whatever was causing the issue.
>>
>>15434674
Where is this Texaco? I'm always in Houston.
>>
>>15433444
The truck doesn't feel big at all until I get out and walk around it. Also I used to worry about little cars tailgating me and I'd get uneasy if I had to go slow and there were people behind me. No more. If they can manage to get around me fine. If not I'm slowing down for the safety of everyone. It isn't pride, it's the fact that it takes a lot of time, space and energy to make a truck stop rolling in a safe place and then get it up to speed again. The most efficient thing for everyone is for us to just keep moving even if you think its too slow, we can't help it.
>>
>>15434538
It's hit or miss. Feels like I have best luck at loves and worst at TA/petro. Im guessing due to the size of the lot. Pilot J either works or doesn't.
>>
>>15434598
That was me. Steam, torrents and all streaming sites. Seems to be a location by location issue. But I've been otr for a year or so and torrents seem to be getting more and more rare.
>>
How easy is it to get tanker and hazmat? Don't they make over 60k a year hauling fuel?
>>
>>15435487
I-45 and Sawdust. Be wary I think they started charging for parking or something because last time I was there an employee was taping notes on all the trucks.
>>
File: IMG_20160713_204100.jpg (3MB, 4000x2992px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160713_204100.jpg
3MB, 4000x2992px
>>15435606
I'm thinking of setting up a seed box at home and using SSH over truck stop wifi to transfer stuff over. Though I don't know if they blocked that when they blocked torrenting.

First blindside back at a consignee. Not as bad as I thought it was going to be. Came from the left in pic related.
>>
>>15435999
Is it possible to set up a VPN instead of doing that? Or is that basically the same thing?
>>
Home time is great. Washed my car, bought some guns, drank some beer. A lot of beer.
>>
>>15424994
whats a smut signal?
>>
>>15435999
>all the room in the entire fucking world to pull up
>blindsided it for some stupid fucking reason
See you in the ditch, driver.
>>
>>15435999
And get that shit off your dash stupid fuc I mean super trucker
>>
*yawn* *smacks lips* oh hey cpm cucks just finishing up some bf4 pwnage before sleeping on my comfy pillow top King, probably drive the end dump tomorrow. Maybe even the Mack
>>
File: 0312-OSING-Trololo_full_600-01.jpg (23KB, 424x400px) Image search: [Google]
0312-OSING-Trololo_full_600-01.jpg
23KB, 424x400px
>>15435999

Nigga that dash is sloppy as fuck.
>>
>tfw that violation gave me almost as many points as my BMW fiasco to my CSA

Literally no proof on either end.
>>
>>15434538
>>15434562
>>15434598
>>15434674
There's actually three tiers to PFJ's wifi options: free, basic, and premium. I paid for premium and nothing was blocked. The complainer the other day probably only paid for basic.

>Pulling into PFJ for the night
>Diagonal spaces
>Only ones left are blindside
>Tryhardmode.exe
>Badass old driver with a ZZ Top tier beard calls out to me on the radio
>One shot straight into the spot, then wiggle over to get centered
>Guy also hops out and tells me when to stop so I'm on the line
Cool dude, 10/10.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>get to shipper
>no wait for a dock
> loaded in <20 minutes
>tfw blocked into dock for extra hour by tankerbro who "should be gone in 15 minutes"
>>
>>15437837
>Cool dude, 10/10.

He evidently believes in karma; spreading good will so he'll get it back in time.
>>
>get to receiver
>have to block 3 lanes of 40 mph traffic to blindside back into a lot not much bigger than my driveway
>>
File: 1450741130937.gif (1MB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
1450741130937.gif
1MB, 320x213px
>tfw i had to teach a 10+ year driver what rain-x is.
Couldnt see a gotdang thing out that windshield.
>>
>>15438209
What a selfish asshole
>>
>>15438635
I'm 22 but I swear most drivers are boomers defiantly going to need automated trucking very soon, personally I can't wait I'll pretty much just get paid to lounge
>>
Does someone here manage the newb trucking excel document? If so I can give you Paschall's details.
>>
>>15433444
Pulling over simply isn't worth it. There will always be another grouping of vehicles that line up behind you, so if you happen to be in that group it's just tough luck. It's also dangerous for a truck to continuously enter a roadway like that from a dead stop, since it takes so long to accelerate. Eventually someone will run into you. Have more patience.
>>
>>15433444

trips are amateur tier

your driving is, too

>wahh why can't I wait 10 extra seconds so this truck doesn't flip over and kill 10 people
>why can't I show the slightest iota of courtesy and patience to others
>why am I such a faggot
>>
>>15439413
Tbh i enjoy the manual driving... its funner and keeps awake. Plus the auto-tragics don't work right right now.

>>15433444
>>15440337
Pretty much hit the nail on the head. My favorite thing is when im passing another 18 wheeler and a car tries to make it by me on the right. I just speed up and make it so he cant pass either of us and take my sweet ass time passing the other truck.
>>
>>15435619
Are you talking local work like delivering to gas stations?

Depends. There are a handful of good companies where you will make bank, and a lot of shitty companies. The good ones take years to get into, and even the shitty ones won't hire you with no experience.

Dude I work with went to one of the big fuel companies around here and came back to Pepsi after like 6mos. He said he made about the same money as Pepsi (~$50k) but the schedule was fucked. New guys will always work nights and weekends since fuel deliveries happen 24/7. Sometimes they have bullshit pay scales that are based on amount of deliveries which you have no control over but rather dispatch does. And he said they run you exactly 12hrs everyday so you are always hitting the 60hr limit as you are coming back at the end of the work week. The work was easier than Pepsi but he has kids and couldn't deal with the schedule and hours.

And the tests are both easy, only thing is you have to pay ~$100 for a background check and wait a month or two for it to clear for your Hazmat. If you do fuel trucks, get your TWIC card at the same time you do the background check because you will probably be at the port and airport.
>>
>>15440460
>>15435619
But if you can get into a good company with hourly pay or whatever, it is totally worth it. I know the guys who work for Racetrac do really well and it is a super comfy job. Lots of the fuel trucks that run for only one gas station brand like that are good jobs.

I also heard that if you can get on something specialized like jet fuel, that is bretty gud. But not easy to get into.
>>
Guys theres a chick fucking a trex on cam right now
http://www.camsoda.com/t-rexxx
>>
>>15440482
U wot
>>
>>15440533
A fuck trex can't you read
No wonder you're a trucker you dumb shit
>>
>>15437153
What do.
>>
>>15440574
Oy you cunt, dont post as me and fuck off
>>
>>15440974
What did I do? I swerved a bit within my lane after moving my sun visor, a State Trooper pulled me over and said I caused another car to swerve violently.
>>
>>15441223
Sounds like BS desu
>>
>>15441223
I remember now.

You got it all fucked up in burgerland witg that CSA score shit.
Over here your potential employer usually just calls your old/current employer and asks how much of a shitcunt driver you are.
>>
>>15441425
That would be illegal in the US anyway. When a potential employer calls a former employer, the only thing they are legally allowed to talk about to confirm the person worked there when they said they did.

Also, people like Whiney are always saying "but it wasn't my fault!" How come the competent drivers aren't getting tickets for shit like this all the time? We all swerve a little while grabbing our Double Gulp but Whiney probably was halfway in the next lane.
>>
So is there a Meltonfag in these threads? I saw someone post about them a while back, but I'm curious if it was first hand knowledge or just familiarity with their recruiting info. Any other good companies that teach flat breading? I'm getting tired of bumping docks and looking to change it up. In b4 Roehl unless your shitty inverter policy has changed recently
>>
So which one of you was the driver in France?
>>
>>15441388
Yeah but State Troopers are strict when it comes to any infraction.

>>15441425
We have like 3 different point systems all set to cuck drivers. DAC being one of the shittiest if you can recall the anon that got faulted for another truck bumping into him.

>>15441454
Oh of course I was halfway in the other lane during rush hour but somehow managed to avoid hitting any cars. I must be a fucking incredible driver to pull a feat that amazing.
>>
>>15441532
That guy was just playing pokemon go while driving.
>>
So which one of you fuckers crashed through Nice?
>>
>>15441932
>>15441532
Came here for this
>>
I did it. Was just trying to catch a charizard while driving.
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 750x1334px
>tfw sleeperbirth has ghosts in it
Does this mean this pilot is built on an Indian burial ground?
>>
>>15442108
Did you hear about the Koffin at the Holocaut Museum?
>>
>>15442118
Kek, oh god I hope that's real
>>
Do y'all still downshift every gear? I've been told it's noob not to skip gears downshifting but I still break it down from 10 to six (unless I just have to slam the brakes on). Once I get to 6 if I'm still having to slow down I'll usually flip the switch and wait and see where I'll need to be depending on my weight. Also first and second gear, literally who uses those.
>>
>>15442494
1st gear
>skip
2nd
If over 25,000
3rd
If under 25,000

Do i still downshift? On the high side yes. Once i hit the low side i put it in neutral and coast to a stop.
>>
>>15441022
Oh get fucked you're not me.

So I found my trainer's vibrator today.
It's one of those three pronged handheld "back massagers" she had it wrapped in a towel in her laundry bag.
>>
>>15442673
You take a picture?
Did you lick it?
>>
>>15442494
>Also first and second gear, literally who uses those

44 T O N N E S
T
O
N
N
E
S
>>
>>15442673
So you are going through personal property? lowlife, did you sniff her worn panties too?
>>
>>15440451
Can you not? Behaving like a child only exacerbates their unsafe driving.

>>15441519
Why not Maverick?

>>15442494
Automated transmission does whatever the fuck it wants. Can't wait to get back into a 13 speed and start skipping gears.
>>
>>15442741
I was looking for panties but she either doesn't wear them or wears only one pair.
I sniffed the vibe but it just smelled like rubber.
>>
>>15442772
Kek pics of this chick I bet she is old and fat
>>
File: 1468103436934.gif (3MB, 219x396px) Image search: [Google]
1468103436934.gif
3MB, 219x396px
>>15442778
>>
File: 20160713_121817.jpg (568KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20160713_121817.jpg
568KB, 2048x1152px
>>15442778
Old fat and married if I recall..
Really dude this person is in charge of if you get the job or not. Don't fuck it up before it even starts
>delivering to a winery
>have to back down a windy road blindside
>mfw it's also a gym and has three swipe spots
I had to stop like 4 times from people looking for pokemans at frigging 8 in the goddam morning!don't you have jobs?!
That fucking Abra never gets closer tho...
>>
>>15422868
Hey hey. Fellow springfield area fag here
>>
>>15441862
Looks fucked to me, gonna be an expensive repair.
>>
>>15442021
kek, same
>>
File: sprinter-van-needed.jpg (29KB, 400x222px) Image search: [Google]
sprinter-van-needed.jpg
29KB, 400x222px
Eurofag here.
So I came across this 'Cargo Van Expediting' thing a while ago.
From what I gather its basically O/O Trucking, but with a Sprinter van.

Is this a thing in Europe? Because if it is I'm interested.
>>
>>15444339
Yeah it is pretty popular. Had a few cousins who did it but graduated to full trucking because it's better pay I guess
>>
Weekends here time to blaze it faggots DOT randoms can suck my balls
>>
File: 14685919601221953067741.jpg (567KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
14685919601221953067741.jpg
567KB, 2048x1152px
Someone had a rough night.
>>
>>15444699
Ouch... Any idea if that driver is alright?
>>
>>15444811
Radiator and windshield are still there, so it looks like he just got clipped along the nose, probably by an SUV. A semi would have taken that end of the suspension with it.
>>
>>15442673
Secure your fucking trip, then.
>>
File: disgusted_cat.jpg (29KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
disgusted_cat.jpg
29KB, 500x375px
>>15444865
Alternatively you can get fucked by twenty filthy niggers' syphilis dicks.
>>
>>15444967
>namefag bitching about being a namefag
Wew, lad.
>>
>>15444967
Is it our fault you don't use a secure trip?

No, no it isn't.
I'm off to go shitpost /lgbt/ with your namefaggotry enabled. Have fun being associated with wanting to be the little girl.
>>
>>15445087
Oh yeah ain't you a big fuckin internet superhero.
Meanwhile I'm getting my dick sucked by a chocolate milf.
When's the last time you saw your dick, basement dweller?
>>
>>15444865
Can someone dumb down the explanation for this? How do i do it?

>Inb4 check the faq

I did. Didnt understand whqt it meant thats why i said dumb it down. Because obviously im a retard.
>>
>>15445230
you are literally retarded.
What is a "secure tripcode"?
>A secure tripcode can be generated by placing two hash marks in the [Name] field, as opposed to one as with a normal tripcode (ex. "User##password"). Secure tripcodes use a secret key file on the server to help obscure their password. The previous example would display "User !!rEkSWzi2+mz" after being posted.
>>
>>15445242

>Because obviously im a retard.

He said he was right there.

>>15445230
Go ask >>>/b/
They like to explain things like that.
>>
>>15445253
>He said he was right there.
And I was agreeing with him.
>no inflection or intonation in text
>>
>>15445265
In that case im going to apologize for my rude reply.
>>
File: 20160715_161809.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20160715_161809.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
WE CONESTOGA NAO
>(for the weekend)
>>
>>15446398
> Metal on demand
So, do you have a band in there or something?
>>
File: 20160715_162441.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20160715_162441.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
>>15446531
Just a virgin trailer.

Ryerson always pays me stupid amounts of money to move ridiculously small amounts of metal.
>>
>>15446553
"Virgin Trailer" was the name of my band in college
>>
File: 20160715_150310.jpg (788KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20160715_150310.jpg
788KB, 2048x1152px
>>15444811
He's alive. Not sure on this one.
>>
>>15446692
Why the fuck do they even keep those?
>>
>>15444359
Fuck I'm high
>>
>>15447040
Can't scrap it till the insurance company cuts that check
>>
>>15446692
Holy fuck...
>>
>>15447040
Why would they get rid of it? A few hours with a circular saw and that trailer is ready to begin its new life as a flatbed
>>
>>15447463
You jest, but surely some moron has tried it.
>>
>reefer roaring left of my truck
>black people hollering about God knows what right outside my right window

having a hard time fappin here
>>
>>15442763
Wait, you're in an automatic? I assumed it was a manual. Did many Colombias have automated transmissions?

>hey, anon. you're going to corporate. we're trading you out of you truck
>a-already?
They told me August, originally. Don't know what to feel since I like my Pete, despite its flaws.
>>
>>15446553
TRUCKERFAG IS BACK WOW B)
>>
I swear to god I hate my trainer. So we get to a customer to pick up a trailer, I think it's drop and hook but honestly idk, anyway I found a trailer with a seal where it was supposed to be so I guess I'm supposed to grab it. Thing is I'm out of hours, my trainer actually put me in the sleeper an hour ago and went to bed while I was getting papers and this place is no overnight parking. Remembwr from previous posts my trainer doesn't like being woke up. Wtf do I do?
>>
>>15447112
They're self-insured. That check is never coming.

They do hold destroyed units in case of litigation or investigation. Once that's done with they'll pick every usable part off it, slap those onto roadworthy units, and keep the hulk until it's beyond its tax deductible lifespan, then they'll cram them into a container and ship them off to china for rebuilding or recycling.

>>15447793
Switch to a western grip and ride it out, cowbo.

>>15447938
A couple dozen thousand.

>>15447997
Never left, brotato. I'm off for the next week, so brace for tripfag br/o/alition revival.

>>15448566
If you're out of hours it's her problem.
>>
File: 20160715_172107.jpg (743KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20160715_172107.jpg
743KB, 2048x1152px
>>15448566
No hours = no drive.
find a spot to sit. That simple.
>>15449127
Apparently the old timers say it's been here a year in one of the bays being stripped down I guess we're just waiting on the tax depreciation. As theres nothing left that's salvageable on it
>mfw they want me to go across state to get my decals switched just before my hometime.
It's habbening.. supposedly I'll get bumped to 64 mph but they say alot of things.
>should I ask for the cool tattoo lines?
I'm gonna try and ask them to not take the numbers off my nose so I can find my damn truck.
>>
noticed something this week as I drove between Atlanta and Tampa, then back.

Fed Ex trucks with 2 short trailers, and UPS uses one standard length trailer.

Why is this?
>>
>>15450072

Fed Ex trailers will probably be dropped separately
>>
>>15450072
Maybe fedex has more, smaller locations in the area.
>>
>be going down I40 at 68mph
>see rough patch of road
>cant get over because cars passing me
>left off gas and slow to 60
>hit bump and keep going
>qualcom dings *critical event-hard braking*
>i never even touched the brake
The fuq
>>
>>15450072
I've noticed that also and I live in GA about 30 miles from the Florida line at I95 exit 29. Ive seen a handful of UPS wiggle wagons bit most are normal 53' trucks.
>>
>>15448566
Sounds like you should get a new trainer.
>>
>>15450347
Don't worry, that shit will happen. It shouldn't negatively affect you.
>>
>>15450573
Isn't it like a point then it falls off
>>
>>15451579
Not unless you get an actual CER like almost rolling over. I've had a few hard stop that triggered the alert but never had it tacked on my CSA.

On a side note, massive fucking stork slammed into my passenger mirror and ate shit. I'm surprised the mirror didn't come clean off.
>>
>>15451705
Top kek and good no points then
>>
>>15421953
desu baka senpai cuck
>>
>>15452089
Senpai pls baka cuck
>>
>>15452110
(You)
>>
>>15452120
T-thhanks, breh
>>
>>15450347
The sensors can do some real weird shit at times
>long straight road
>slowly roll up to red light, downshifting and e braking mostly
>complete stop
>10 seconds later Qualcomm informs me that I just triggered a rollover alarm
>>
OMG just took my first dump after being on the road. Felt like magma with rocks in it shooting out of my asshole. What the hell have i done to my digestive system.
>>
File: Unimpressed2.jpg (81KB, 456x494px) Image search: [Google]
Unimpressed2.jpg
81KB, 456x494px
>>15445227

>Being proud of soiling oneself with a negress

You disgust me. That is how mulattos, quadroons and octoroons continue to Plague our society.
>>
>>15421953
BAN ASSAULT TRUCKS.
>>
Man didnt know all these people wanted to be me so badly.
>>15445227
>>15445087
>>15444967
>>15444865
>>15442673
None of these are me
>>
>>15453156
Still not understanding the secure trip thing, huh?
>>
>>15453137
I was the one doing the soiling, friend.
Besides I got a vasectomy the day I turned 18.
Just waiting on some cunt to try to claim paternity.
>>15453156
Can you all please just fuck off you're not me either.
>>
My trainer is actually transexual, I ended up sucking her dick.

FML
>>
File: 1465614679720.png (183KB, 499x431px) Image search: [Google]
1465614679720.png
183KB, 499x431px
>>15444339

If you like struggling to make van payments on Mcdonalds-tier earnings, then yes.
>>
>>15453307
lol what? she must be old
>>
File: trump_stamp_lady.png (385KB, 745x550px) Image search: [Google]
trump_stamp_lady.png
385KB, 745x550px
Anyone pull for K and B?
They guarantee 1125 a week and start you off at .45 a mile with six months experience.
I pull refer now but only get .34
This would be a big pay bump for me if they are cool to work for.
I do like to take a few weeks off every few months though...
>>
>>15453307
you sick fuck
>>
I love all the cocks, all the time
>>
Ok got my tripcode on now
>>
Testing 123
>>
Fuck it im just gonna use a new name because of a the same fags. The original newbie is now M&Ms
>>
>>15453614
I'm the real NEwbie, stop being a cockmongler.
>>
>>15453640
If your the real newbie then where did i got to truck school?
>>
>>15453649
>And how many tries did it take me to get my CDL
>am i married or single?
>>
Hey guys. Truckerfag offered me a potential job working for him, 3 to 5 days a week.

Any advice on working with him?
>>
>>15453649
>>15453672
You are a faggot, stop trying to impersonate me.
>>
File: 1467053056642.jpg (1MB, 1152x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1467053056642.jpg
1MB, 1152x2048px
>>15453844
>>
>>15453844
Thats what i thought nigga
>>
>>15453870
Wow you got a pic from the archive good job. Still cant answer any questions cuz you aren't me.
>>
>>15453934
I'm the real nigga, you just throw some bullshit questions out and think that gives proof?
>>
>>15453936
>cant answer questions about the person he claims to be
>still tries to claim to be that person
>>
I just had a few questions on trucks maybe some of you could help me out with.
- why do some people leave their trucks running at truck stops with the lights on and shit? I assume it's for AC and other commodities, and leaving the lights on is for being visible to other drivers.
-Does it drain the batteries at all? I know most trucks have multiple batteries and they're huge to but I still don't understand it.
-lastly would have to do with axles n' shit. I sometimes see trucks with the lifting axles whether it be on the tractor or the trailer but never understood how dropping them automatically helps with heavy loads?
- Also whats the point of the sliding fifth wheel and tandems on trailers? Does it have to do with maneuvering or equal distribution of weight on the axles?
Any info would be appreciated thanks.
>>
>>15453951
>yes its for ac and visibility
>it doesnt drain the battery as long as the engines running
>not sure on axels
>sliding the tandems changes where the weight is on your axels
>>
File: FedEx-Ground_Doubles.jpg (93KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
FedEx-Ground_Doubles.jpg
93KB, 800x600px
check these doubles
>>
File: lizards.jpg (125KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
lizards.jpg
125KB, 736x736px
>>15453951
if you leave the lights on at truck stops its code that you're looking for "company"
>>
filtered
>>
>>15453975
Thanks but cold you elaborate on the sliding tandems please? How does it affect weight on the axles? (the tractors I'm assuming)
>>
>>15453951
>leaving the lights on
I gotta be able to find the thing in the dark, don't I?

>moving tandems, fifth wheel

It's a result of legally allowed weights on the axles. Most are 12,000lbs on the steers, 34,000 on the drives and trailer tandems. If there's too much weight on the Drives then moving the Tandems forward will transfer some of that weight to the Tandems and vice versa. Same with the Fifth Wheel, moving it forward moves weight from the Drives to the Steers. It's the drivers job to come up with a solution that results in legal weights on all axles. If he can't do it then he's supposed to get the load reworked until he can. If caught overweight, fines tend to be $1/lb.
>>
>>15454095
Oh yeah forgot, moving the tandems forward does result in reduced turning radius and that can be useful in cities. In larger, older cities like New York and Chicago you'll generally want the tandems all the way up but only AFTER you've passed the last Weigh Station.
>>
>>15454018
The clearance lights? Because I'll leave them on if I park "creatively" as not to have a piece of my semi torn off.

I don't need 3dpd skanks interrupting me cuddling my dakimakura.
>>
>>15454240
Rainbow truckers like yourself should get bashed.
>>
>>15454269
>>
>>15454369
Face it whiney, you only turned to anime after you got cucked hard.

>he didnt even fuck her
Topcuck!
>>
File: B.T.F.O.png (545KB, 1366x900px) Image search: [Google]
B.T.F.O.png
545KB, 1366x900px
>>15454375
Why are anime posters the worst? Always derailing threads with their shitty macros
>>
>>15454375
I was into anime far before I met that bitch. But please post more about me because it's fascinating.
>>
File: image.jpg (36KB, 400x406px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 400x406px
I have 2 hours of driving experience and I had problems making turns. I'm also scared of heights and am terrified of having to fit a truck into narrow spaces.

Should I sign up for trucking school?
>>
>>15454591
no
>>
>>15454632
Well too late, I start classes in 2 weeks.
>>
File: 400110.jpg (216KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
400110.jpg
216KB, 1600x1200px
>>
>>15454039
The sliding tandems act like a seesaw. You slide them forward to put more weight on the trailer and backwards for more weight on the truck. Generally speaking in the USA a truck has several "maximum weights". those work out like this
Steer axle 14,000 lbs
Drive axles 34,000 lbs
Trailer axles 34,000 lbs
Gross weight 80,000 lbs

All of these are maximum weight. So when you have a heavy load on you might need to slide the trailer tandems in order to be legal. I hope that explains this better for you.
>>
>>15454832
Nice trips
>>
>>15453718
On the NEET farm?

>>15453870
You are getting way too worked up by this. There was a dude who went through the effort to decode my tripcode and copy it for a few posts. It's easy enough to tell it's not me when you see PepsiFag saying shit like "I hate Newports and niggers!"
>>
>>15454095
>12,000lbs on the steers
This myth still persists
>>
>>15455027
you are just a huge fag
>>
>>15455234
Your point being...
>>
File: 1468763416990975776051.jpg (828KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1468763416990975776051.jpg
828KB, 2048x1152px
>>15455027
The niglets? That was pretty funny.
Just leave em be. Once you stop fighting them they'll get bored and pick someone else.
>parking, pokeman on phone for eggs
>meowth appears!
Today I ran over team rocket.. feels bad.
>>
>>15455027
Driving a truck for him, probably start next summer.
>>
>>15455480
By driving a truck, do you mean harvesting turnips?
>>
>>15455493
He knows better than to have me work with food. I'll accidentally kill all the crops and burn dinner and end up ordering pizza.
>>
>>15455223
20k or tire rating in most states. Or just slide your fifth wheel all the way back and forget about it.
>>
I have yet to see someone with Trailer Tails, actually using them.
>>
So hey if im running out on my 70 i cant be just on duty not driving?
>>
>>15455725
Damn thing keeps auto changing my name back to newbie
>>
>>15455628
Opening/closing them all the time is a pain in the ass for the drivers and they barely provide any fuel economy benefits. I personally only open them when I'm about to roll into a company yard with an admin type that would get bitchy about seeing them closed.

>>15455725
You can go over the 70 as long as you aren't driving, but those on duty minutes will still count against it and you won't get a fresh 70 until you take a full 34 reset. For example, when I was training and my 70 was running out, my trainer would drive until his ran out and have me take a 34 that day. This wasn't a team driving set up, and the company made him stay on duty any time I was driving. So then the next day I would start with a fresh clock, but he would be running at about 80/70 for the next week. He could still do anything that needed him to be on duty, he just couldn't drive
>>
>Get yanked into a chicken coop last week
>Lady at desk tells me I have no CDL
>Lolwut
>Call safety
>They let me finish the load and drop the trailer
>Dispatcher tells me he's looking for a driver to take me to houston
>Lolfuckno
>Get 150$ plane ticket
>Home next morning
>Walk into DMV with maximum swagger
>Sweet talked the lady at the desk nearly to death
>"It looks like Austin made a simple mistake"
>Instantly reinstated
>Time to take my photo
>My pose and form is so good that the lady next to me begins dripping everywhere
>She runs out of the building in embarrassment
>Everyone is slipping from all the pussy juice
>Dispatcher calls me up and says that I'm the best driver ever
>Offers me to fuck his daughter
>Tickets are 350$ for one way trip to Colorado
>I accept to ride with a driver to get back to my truck
>30yr' experienced trucker picks me up
>Says that I'm the best driver to ever ride with him
>Back at my truck in less than 48HRs
>Everything is back to normal and nothing matters again
>>
>>15455921
Im skeptical about your story but greentext must be true
>>
>>15455921
I question the validity of your story.
>>
>>15455909
>Another guy pretending to be me
But he did give the answer i expected
>>
>>15457556
Fuck off faggot. You couldn't even drive a greasy stick up your own ass.
>>
Well you're right m8 but why would i want to? Keep being salty though:^)
>>
I'm officially back on the road bitches

fuck this AZ heat god damn 120 degrees outside
>>
>>15454832
Checked
>>
>>15457997
Ayy
>Dat name
Ayy
>>
how much data do you guys use per month? Just trying to figure out if Verizon's 24gb would be enough
>>
>>15458037
>not having unlimited data
>>
>>15458037
Depends on what you do with your data. I have unlimited on the phone plus 14GB with T-mobile and do fine, I just update games at home and don't binge on video or music content.
>>
>>15458109
Do the major companies at least hook you up with Sirius XM radio? That shit makes a huge difference cross-country. I love muh sports talk while driving.
>>
>>15458161
Hell no ain't nobody gonna pay $20/mo per truck for a fleet of trucks. What baffles me though is Skyline put HDTV's and free DirecTV in all their trucks this year.
>>
>>15458037
I burn about 35-40 gigs a month, though I could make do with a lot less. That's for music, app updates, podcasts, Netflix and of course porn. I've got unlimited, so I don't usually bother looking for wifi unless cell service sucks.

>>15458161
My truck came with the radio, but subscribing is on me. Most of the fleet doesn't have xm though, not sure why I'm special
>>
>>15458219

>I burn about 35-40 gigs a month, though I could make do with a lot less. That's for music, app updates, podcasts, Netflix and of course porn. I've got unlimited, so I don't usually bother looking for wifi unless cell service sucks.

Same. I have metropcs. Service sucks in some areas but for the most part ive got 4glte.
>>
Hey there, truckerfags. I've got a friend who drives for Prime, and he's trying to tell me about all the wonderful things they do for people. Anyone here ever deal with them? I read the pastebin, but I didn't see them listed.

Also, please tell me the self-driving truck thing isn't real.
>>
>>15458261
Wait, shit, I just used Ctrl-F and found Prime on the list. Still, anyone have any words of wisdom?
>>
>>15458261
Self driving trucks are already a thing. Just inhibitively expensive.
>>
>>15458261
>self-driving truck thing isn't real.
Its not. Look at that tesla that couldn't even detect a fuckhuge truck.
>>
>>15423733
The flying J in Dallas is the best one.
>>
>>15458409
https://www.google.com/search?q=dallas+truck+stop+shooting
The niggest.
>>
>>15458339
This
>>
http://electrek.co/2016/05/26/tesla-model-s-crash-autopilot-video/
>>
File: 20160717_210732.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160717_210732.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
So this just happened
>walmart giving zero fucks about holding me 6 hours so far
I'm pretty much just hoping they hold me at least 8 so I can call it a split break.
But anyway, the fuck?
I called and spoke to a different person who verified.
>>
>>15458261
I drive for prime. They treat me pretty good. I like it here. Just started driving so i went company, reefer.
>>
>>15458589
>Weekend dispatch not knowing shit

Color me surprised.

Anyway, yes you can call it "Safe Haven" but the fact remains that the QC will change to Drive after a couple of minutes/some arbitrary mph so it will be an HOS violation and your clock reset will only begin when you stop again. CYA by sending Safety a message about what you're going to do before you do it and why along with the expected amount of time you'll be driving over your available drive time. Hopefully this doesn't fuck the next load too much.
>>
>>15459280
Most companies have a "line 5" off duty driving.
Counts exactly the same as off duty, but like driving, you can't edit it.
Our rules for using it used to be:
Must be bobtail
Must return to the location you went off duty at before going on duty again
May not do anything work related. No going to pick up a load or trailer.

Apparently, at least according to these guys, just last month DOT said you can off duty drive with a trailer to find a safe haven after a shipper buttfucks you rawdog.

The exact wording has always been "may not be laden", and it used to be interpreted as not even having a trailer attached, though it didn't specify.
Near as I can tell, the wording of the law hasn't changed, just the official interpretation.
>>
anyone a gamer here?

I have a Vita/3DS/IPad

How would I charge them during my reset as an OTR driver?
>>
>>15459579
Inverter.
Also, fucking casual.
>>
>>15458339
That's mostly because Tesla cheaped out and is using cameras and image analysis instead of radar/lidar. That's part of why it's only a level 2 system and relies on the human behind the wheel to actually pay attention to the road instead of watching Harry Potter.
They also programmed the system to only look a couple feet above the road too, because the image recognition was getting false obstructions off of overhead signs in the distance and shit. It was literally looking underneath the trailer and seeing clear road ahead. A "real" level 3/4 autonomous system with a proper sensor array would have caught that.

But even after trucks are level 3 autonomous we will still need a human in the drivers seat to babysit. Because shit happens.

>>15459579
12v car chargers are available for all those devices and would be the ideal way.
>>
>>15459658
>>15459731
Thanks.

Do you guys think those gadgets would drain the battery if I charged them a few times during the reset?

The 3DS/Vita chargers drain like 100-150 watts whole charging

I'm just wondering how much I could charge them up when the truck is off before the battery would give me a warning
>>
>>15460112
while charging*
>>
Wage slave here hopefully someone can shed some light

>working at a grocery store
>understaffed, underpaid
>manager claims she is looking for people in my department
>its been 4 months now
>losing people
>literally wanting to leave soon

I use to work at a flying J back in 2011. I would love to see the semis coming in (especially the mid 90s peterbilts) at one point I asked a trucker (with a schneider truck) how much he makes, and how long it took him to get his CDL he said schneider pays for it if you work for them.

Now, I see schneider is on the list, and wondering if this is still true?

Anyone work with schneider? I would like to drive local, and be home every night. But the thought of getting stuck somewhere and causing blocked traffic kinds of scares me or trying to turn into a small area without hitting cars.

this job might not be for me. Anyways thanks in advance for any responses.
>>
>>15455027
>There was a dude who went through the effort to decode my tripcode
Nah m8, you used a simple word, like a fuckwit.

It was a dump of simple word tripcodes that some anon posted
>>
>>15460488
Pay for your own CDL and become an around town clown, CPM is for cucks.
>>
>>15460112
https://www.batterystuff.com/kb/tools/calculator-sizing-a-battery-to-a-load.html

Im not holding your hand
>>
>>15459658
>Inverter.
No, they are inefficient as fuck.

He ideally wants a DC to DC converter, but that will mean buying a universal converter that has an adjustable voltage supply.
>>
>>15460488
I just joined swift, dont know much about Schneider, but I'm loving it so far. If you don't mind being away from home alot and like driving in general then it's the way to go.
>>
>>15460610
t. cuck
>>
>>15460618
Nah i just no how to run my own shit. Get rekt scrub
>>
>>15460628
t. general freight pleb
>>
>tfw company driver and earn 72k last year while only being away 40 nights.
>>
>>15460640
>being this butthurt
>>
>>15460645
>being a general freight pleb
>>
>>15460650
Not making easy money
>>
>>15460555
thank...s!
>>
>>15460654
>thinking general freight is easy money

Pleb
>>
>>15460662
Move create from point A to point B. Dont crash on the way. Pretty damn easy.
>>
>>15460656
If you were to charge all 3 of those devices 3 times over your reset you will need over 1000Ah of batteries.

I'd suspect your truck has 280-360Ah worth of batteries.
>>
>>15460665
you left out the parts where it takes half a day to load/unload.
>>
>>15460671
>not taking drop and hook loads
>>
>>15460676
>not having the same trailer and knowing its condition
>>
>>15460695
So it comes back to you cant handle your shit again. Man seek help
>>
>>15460698
You are a retard, enjoy picking up fucked trailers.
>>
>tfw specialized
>go to refinery
>1hr load paid at same hourly rate
>drive 1-2hrs to unload point
>1hr unload paid at same hourly rate
>rinse and repeat 3-4 times a day
>get paid dank overtime once over 8hrs
>go home and sleep in own bed

Poor CPM cucks
>>
>>15460698
>cant handle your shit
Equals having to go drive around and get a trailer fixed while you get paid fuck all
>>
>>15460668
Okay so I should be fine with just using one and recharging once or twice. that's all I need

Thx
>>
>>15460744
Yes and no.

Are you using an inverter or a DC-DC converter?
>>
>>15460759
Which one is best ?

I am still a newbie about to get my cdl so I'm not sure
>>
>>15460843
DC-DC is the most efficient, so it uses less battery power.

But you will want a universal adapter with a selectable voltage output. That way you can charge different devices.
>>
>>15459579
I use a $15 power inverter for that. It puts out like 20w. Works fine.
>>
>>15460112
>100-150w
Fuck no they don't. My gaming laptop takes 171w. A vita or 3DS probably doesn't break 20w.
>>
>>15460932
>>15460937
Just checked my 3DS charger, it takes 7w.
>>
>>15460937
how do you run it on a 20w inverter
>>
>>15460937
>>15460932
>>15460955
Wow lol. Looks like I waaaay over estimated how much watts they use up. That's great to hear.
>>
>>15460985
http://www.powerstream.com/Amps-Watts.htm

Educate yourself
>>
>>15460668
You might want to check your units there buddy, that sounds like a crazy high draw for some handheld devices. mAh =/= Ah

>>15460112
Are you talking about a 10 or a 34? If it's a 10, no question you'll be fine. You'd probably still be good on a 34 if those are all you use. I find running a 12v fan, a larger mini fridge, and a few hours of tv while charging my phone and iPad over night still gets me over 12 hours before I get a low battery warning.
>>
>>15460985
>watts they use up
That's not the issue when running on batteries, AMP HOURS is the critical component.
>>
>>15461020
he said 100-150 watts.
>>
>>15461020
>still gets me over 12 hours before I get a low battery warnin
But what is the combined amphours of youur battery bank?

He may have only 2-3 x 80Ah batteries vs your 3-4 100Ah.
>>
>>15461031
Yeah, I did forget to through in a disclaimer that it will of course vary depending on battery age and setup of the truck. I still can't imagine those devices alone could drain a truck down that far even if he does have a crappy battery setup
>>
>>15461047
IDK, I had 3x85Ah batteries that were fucked after 2 years of daily powering a evap cooler for 8hrs a night and a 19V 200W DC-DC converter for a gayman laptop 2hrs a night.
They couldn't turn over the engine fast enough for it to catch after 2 years of constant abuse.

>yeah evap cooler, no need to for heating here
>>
>>15461062
Did you have to replace the battery with your own money?

Even if you did that's be worth it for 2 years
>>
>>15461110
>Did you have to replace the battery with your own money?

Nah, company lyfe yo!
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 480x640px
>all that whining about getting cheated on
why don't you guys just marry an ugly bitch?

you think women who look like this will even be able to find someone to cheat with? lol

just lower your standards
>>
>>15461165
>implying men won't just fuck anything

Even female fat uggoz get laid easily.
>>
EF, you appear to be a normal person.

What drew you to 4chan?
>>
File: 1468849958670-123479744.jpg (798KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1468849958670-123479744.jpg
798KB, 2048x1152px
>driving to cons
>Sunday rush hour
>have to choose between drop yard or truckstop 60 miles further
Traffic is getting stupid but I'd like a shower...
>notice pickup is weaving next to me
>catch glimpse if chick in passenger prepping to flash me
God damnit this is not cool. There are like 40 cars behind you. Pay attention.
> slow down 5 miles and ruin their fun they speed off to try the next trucker
> exit for drop yard is right ahead decide to go before someone has a tit related injury
Soon as I pull off everyone starts braking hard.
>realize I got upset at free tits.
Gdi. the hell is wrong with me?!
It's this damn Keebler run. Keebler always makes me upset.
>>
File: 1464354010419.jpg (49KB, 447x295px) Image search: [Google]
1464354010419.jpg
49KB, 447x295px
>>15461348
Well you are gay, so......
>>
File: 1443892601898.jpg (32KB, 412x352px) Image search: [Google]
1443892601898.jpg
32KB, 412x352px
>ZF is finally shitposting
>351 replies on page 7
>NEwbie getting btfo for being a namefag
This thread dun gud.

>>15453718
Don't neglect the balls.

>>15455603
>tfw 5th wheel to rear master race
>>
File: 1468856402688991898560.jpg (868KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1468856402688991898560.jpg
868KB, 2048x1152px
> time for decals
>but first, silly inspection.
They actually asked me to wait to come in so I could go deliver something.
>nop. too late
>>
>>15461020
And yet this truck starts beeping after two hours with just a cooler and a laptop running.
>>15461021
>Not knowing watts = volts * amps
lrn2electricalengineering
>>15461229
Probably found /b/, then migrated to /o/, then settled in here.
>>
New bread:
>>15462033
>>
>>15453951
> Axles
Heavy loads require more axles under the load to not fuck up the roads or break bridges, mandated by law.
If the axle lifts up, that makes it easier to turn with it up, and saves on tire wear when hauling lighter shit.
Thread posts: 357
Thread images: 57

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.