[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is This Even Legal?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (547KB, 2479x1441px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
547KB, 2479x1441px
When I started my newspaper delivery job in 2013, the distribution manager was pretty cool and laid back, having a full staff to work around the warehouse, getting shit together effectively, and keeping the pay fair for the size of the routes and the number of newspapers it gets every week.

She ended up getting fired at the end of 2014 for failing to keep people on two new routes she acquired from another branch.

The publication quickly found a new manager and she was quick in showing us how shitty she was; she lowered our pay and, being one big of a whale, hardly did shit around the warehouse and only had two people try to keep things in order (previous manager had ten).

Our routes used to remain the same size with the previous manager - when a customer ends their subscription, we get a new customer to compensate; the new manager hardly makes any effort, only replacing one customer for every five that cancels.

It's been a little over a year and the manager finally got around in renewing our contracts, making our routes more expensive to run.

You see, since newspaper carriers are considered self-employed, we have to pay for any complaints or expenses toward the routes, which are deducted from our checks before we get them; the cost was low with the previous manager, being $2 per complaint, but the new manager is increasing the costs because she cannot keep people on routes due to the poor pay and training.

Not only that, she has included a new $25 fee because of this.

I'm seriously thinking about leaving that shithole, since I was making $400-$500 and now making $200-$300.
>>
>>14696731
Looks like she's trying to save her own hide by charging the employees more and taking budget cuts.

I used to deliver meds until the owners switched. They were reducing pay per mile so I got the fuck out.
>>
>>14696731
Vote with your feet and leave. Let your former coworkers know that you're doing better after leaving for greener pastures and watch that bitch get kicked to the skids. Alternatively, you could also try to unionize. Perhaps talk to your teamsters local and see if they'll support you in your efforts
>>
>>14696731
Not sure you are, but in the US there are age and hour laws to prevent exactly this type of thing.

I would look into whatever department of labor options you have.

However, this is not /g/ related. Maybe >>>/biz/ ?
>>
>>14696766
Oh, shit, I thought I was posting on /adv/.
>>
>>14696773
Youre good fäm this nigga >>14696766 thought he was in /g/ and the other day someone posted thinking this was /fit/ lol
>>
>>14696766
>>14696773
>>14696781
Shit. Sorry. This is /o/. I spend time in /g/. (though I'm not sure why anymore).

But >>>/biz/ may still get you closer to the answer you seek?

My excuse is /o/ related. Just drove Redding, CA to Seattle, WA non-stop, except for gas.
>>
>>14696781
Mobile phones, right?

To make things even more interesting, I let her use my employee discount at Papa John's, so two or three times a month, I see her get 30-piece wings and an extra large pizza.

She lives by herself.
>>
>>14696785
>>14696781
>>14696773
>>14696766
i thought at first I'm on /b somewhy
>>
>>14696791
>Giving a land whale your employee discount
What do you gain from this?
>>
Contact your state's department of labor if you make less than minimum wage.

Receive your compensation and leave.
>>
>>14696806
>what do you gain?
Knowing she's going to die from overeating, one day.
>>
>>14696817
Good
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.