[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

[ D a i l y B i k e T h r e a d ] - /dbt/ Best LAMS bike ed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 151

File: 20151130_202047.jpg (1MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
20151130_202047.jpg
1MB, 1600x1200px
[ D a i l y B i k e T h r e a d ] - /dbt/

Best LAMS bike edition

>>Motorcycle Routes & Meetups.
>>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories.
>>Motorcycle Adventures & Greentext.
>>Motorcycle Questions & Answers.
>>Motorcycle Pictures and Webms.
>>Motorcycle maymays

Helpful website if you are buying a new head bucket
>http://www.crash.org.au/

>Stalk people using the /dbt/ map then post pics of them here
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI

The pastebin goes here:
>http://pastebin.com/DZwzHqfV

The sticky goes here:
>>10361928

Boring Webbum with Sound:
>>>/wsg/795151

Previously on dbt....
>>14011656
>>
File: bu1.jpg (265KB, 1280x700px) Image search: [Google]
bu1.jpg
265KB, 1280x700px
>>
File: Chris-Smiths-FLSTFB-09.jpg (3MB, 2592x1728px) Image search: [Google]
Chris-Smiths-FLSTFB-09.jpg
3MB, 2592x1728px
>>
>>
Pros and cons of a fender eliminator? I know shit will splash on your back or so i've heard but how bad is it exactly?
>>
>>14014768
>>14014762
>>14014752
Is there something you are trying to tell us?
>>
File: ForTheBikeMain.jpg (92KB, 960x364px) Image search: [Google]
ForTheBikeMain.jpg
92KB, 960x364px
>>
File: crf450x.jpg (87KB, 1500x1042px) Image search: [Google]
crf450x.jpg
87KB, 1500x1042px
>>14014774
He is homosex

Dakar bikes a best
>>
File: IMG_0971.jpg (168KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0971.jpg
168KB, 900x600px
>>
got my baiku serviced like 2 months ago, 1 month ago tried to change my oil, bolt still kinda stripped from before, get under with ratchet, literally break the thing i was using, pretty sure these niggers didnt even do an oil change, the fuck do i do?
>>
File: 2013-FLTRX-A-BURCHEL-02.jpg (4MB, 2592x1728px) Image search: [Google]
2013-FLTRX-A-BURCHEL-02.jpg
4MB, 2592x1728px
>>
File: 15245929581_8def846ce5_b.jpg (135KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
15245929581_8def846ce5_b.jpg
135KB, 1024x683px
Alaska 2017.

Get

Fucking

Hype
>>
File: harley-davidson-114a.jpg (219KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
harley-davidson-114a.jpg
219KB, 1024x768px
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>14014816
>>14014815
>>14014810
>>14014805
>>14014786
>>14014775
>>14014768
>>14014762
>>14014752
fuck off cvckold
1. The biggest problem is the poor design of the cam chain system. It still uses "shoes" riding on the cam chains that can still wear out, even with the new hydraulic tensioning system, for that is not a true and lasting fix. What is the problem? The soft plastic or nylon shoes rub against the two chains and the shoes wear out. When they do there will be metal to metal contact and this grinding creates metal shavings that creates a catastrophic engine failure. So bad the entire engine is destroyed; cams, pistons, crankshaft, engine cases broken. It is a wickedly serious engine design defect. Be aware... it can fail at 15,000 miles. Even the new hydraulic system can fail at 40,000 miles or less and those nasty little shoes need replacing at 40,000 miles due to its inherent weaknesses.
>>
File: Step19.jpg (372KB, 2100x1400px) Image search: [Google]
Step19.jpg
372KB, 2100x1400px
>>
>>14014823
What is the fix? You can purchase a gear set that eliminates the cam chains and shoes. Harley-Davidson should, in my opinion, make this a standard fix and not an after the fact option. If you can't afford to install the gear system, then you need to disassemble and inspect the inner and outer shoes every 15,000 miles or risk total engine failure. The shoe material can also clog the oil pump totally destroying the engine. There are plenty of motorcycle magazines explaining how to fix this nagging problem.

Note: But keep in mind that the crankshaft pinion shaft runout (the shaft will hop up & down motion) can not exceed 3-thousands of an inch otherwise the gears will not work. Also consider your riding style. If you like to ride hard the runout (unbalancing/misaligning crankshaft webs) can easily creep beyond .003" and the gears will clash causing catastrophic havoc to the engine. There really is "no fix" for this Twin-Cam engine defect. Even the new hydraulic system still has chain tension shoes that will eventually wear out and if you don't catch it in time, the shoes can disintegrate just like the old spring-tension system and cause the cam chain to slap against metal causing total engine failure, usually by clogging the oil pump with metal chips.
>>
File: P1140751.jpg (2MB, 1875x2500px) Image search: [Google]
P1140751.jpg
2MB, 1875x2500px
>>14014781
t-thanks you too
>>
>>14014827
And don't think you are out of the woods if you have the new hydraulic cam chain tensioners for model years 2007 to present. They will fail beyond the factory warranty period. The problem was not fixed, it was only delayed to, on average, fail above 50,000 miles. Check the fine print in your extended warranty as this cam chain related failure may not be protected. Yikes! You may be required to endure expensive periodic inspections to retain the warranty. The fact the hydraulic cam chain adjusters still have nylon pads rubbing against chains the pads will still wear out and big-time havoc happens!
>>
File: harley-davidson.jpg (347KB, 1680x1120px) Image search: [Google]
harley-davidson.jpg
347KB, 1680x1120px
>>
File: tumblr_mi10kaGrcc1s56igio1_1280.jpg (75KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mi10kaGrcc1s56igio1_1280.jpg
75KB, 800x600px
Ignoring the harleyfag and antiharleyfag,

Anyone else like the look of an uncluttered hardtail?
>>
>>14014832
Did you read that right? Imagine if you bought a new car and they tell you you must have the engine disassembled every 15,000 to keep your warranty! Nobody does that to customers, but Harley-Davidson? Not cool, bro. Not cool at all. This problematic engine defect in the Twin-Cam engine is terrifying, at least I found it so, there is no way I will buy another T-C engine bike. And that's just one engine defect... read on! It gets scarier.

Note: Are the 2007 and newer Twin-Cam engines safe? No! Do not be fooled. Hydraulic cam chain followers are now used getting rid of the stiff spring that put too much pressure on the followers rubbing on the cam chain, but this is "no cure" as it only "delays" the problem. Instead of the engine failing at 15,000 to 30,000 miles it now fails at 50,000 to 75,000 miles. There is only one cure... get rid of the chain system entirely and switch to gear driven cams. Do your research now and budget your repair. Do not wait until the engine fails because if you ride a Twin-Cam Harley the engine is going to blow up! The old spring-loaded cam chain tensioner system affected the 1999-2006 model Twin-Cam engines. You can upgrade the cam drive system to the late-style hydraulic tensioners with improved low-friction chains or gear drive with the newer cam plate and higher capacity oil pump. The higher capacity oil pump was introduced in 2007. Any competent repair shop can guide you as to what you should do with your specific model year H-D motorcycle.
>>
>>14014808
I am super hype for you, dude! Save dem shekels and prep up.

>going to try to find a curvy road in Central Iowa tomorrow
This should be interesting. Or relatively uninteresting. We'll see.
>>
>>
>>14014839
There is only one fix for this cam chain follower problem and that is to convert the entire cam drive system to gears. Don't bother with aftermarket fixes that will convert and update your "spring" tension cam chain follower system to the newer "hydraulic" cam chain system for both of these systems are defective and both will fail because it really does not fix the problem, it only prolongs the problem to fail later down the road and usually out of warranty coverage on new bikes. The hydraulic nylon hydraulic cam follower will still wear out and the plunger piston will exit the bore and no tension will be on the cams and valve float can swallow the valves breaking pistons, rods, crank and cases and the oil pump can be blocked by debris to totally ruin the engine. A horrendous expensive mess! The gear cam drive system may be a tad noisier from gear whine but it is way better than a wrecked engine! But in all reality there is no true fix other than Harley-Davidson redesigning the cam drive system to get rid of those cam chain shoes and not stacking vertically gears to drive the cams. The cam gears must be aligned horizontally as the Sportster engine so does intelligently. The crankshaft pinion shaft can be bent when the bearings wear causing the gears to slam against each other... yikes!
>>
>>14014837
Looks uncomfy to ride to be honest with ya
>>
>>14014847
4. The shift drum is operated by a spring loaded awl and if this spring fails, and they do fail, the spring falls into the transmission gears and horrific damage takes place. The rear wheel can lock up, the transmission cases split apart throwing oil all over your rear wheel causing you to crash. There is no fix for this problem. It is a faulty design issue. It would be advisable to replace the shifter awl spring once every three years or 30,000 miles to be on the safe side.
>>
File: thunderbike_0.jpg (4MB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
thunderbike_0.jpg
4MB, 3000x2000px
>>
File: SAM_0519_2000x1500.jpg (271KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
SAM_0519_2000x1500.jpg
271KB, 2000x1500px
>>14014844
Alamoanon?

Man I'm so excited. The most excited I have ever been for something 2 years in the future. Wish it could be this year, but I'm doing XR650 Moab shit with Wombatanon 2016.
>>
>>14014851
5. Belt drive can be an expensive problem. To replace a worn or perforated belt the entire primary chain case must be taken apart along with the bike's swing arm. It is expensive to replace a belt or the transmission drive pulley because it is time consuming. Most riders don't even think about this until the day comes they have to replace the belt and find out it will cost them $1,000 or more. And, believe it or not, a drive belt should be replaced every 30,000 miles even though it may last much longer, if a belt fails, it can cause you to lose control, lock up the rear wheel or transmission and cause a crash. And new transmission and rear wheel pulleys also need to be installed too driving the cost sky high. The bill for pulleys and belt and labor may exceed $2,500. There is a company Super Max that can put a liner on your existing pulleys to save you money. Did you know that Harley-Davidson Sportster's do not have this problem? You can change the drive belt in just 30 minutes! Read our article on Sportster's. Have you noticed more and more experienced riders are switching to them? Unlike earlier models you can convert the newer models fit your ergonomics to gain comfort.
>>
File: Haider.jpg (171KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Haider.jpg
171KB, 960x720px
>>
>>14014823
>>14014827
>>14014832
>>14014839
>>14014847
Mate you are getting close to writing a fucking novel there, you really expect me to read all that?
>>
>>14014860
6. The crankshafts on Harley's can suddenly go out of balance. The repair is expensive. I had a new Twin-Cam engine crankshaft fail at just 6,000 miles. Many riders are lucky, but there is a weakness in the crankshafts that randomly fail. The crank flywheels are "pressed" together onto the crankshaft and are not welded (crankpin to flywheel) and the crank pin and flywheels can slip. This is a very old design and outdated in this modern world. However, welding the crankpin to the flywheels fixes the problem. You will notice big-inch motors all have welded crankpins to their flywheels to stop this flywheel slipping out of balance problem. You know you have a slipped crankshaft when engine vibration gets stronger than normal and does not go away. It will feel like a motor mount has broken, allowing the engine and frame to shake more, but it will be silent. If you suspect this problem, always tighten the motor mounts and look for broken or worn rubber grommets in the mounts first. It could be a minor fix. If not, the entire engine must be torn down and engine cases split to fix the crankshaft. The dealer may on install a new H-D crank that is not welded... it is still not a good idea even if it is a covered H-D warrantee repair. Riders who do have vibration problems? Dealers enjoy telling them, "All Harley's Vibrate!" This is true, but up to a limit of course. Don't expect dealers to be eager to fix your vibrating bike. Many riders are given the run-around even when the crankshaft has shifted out of balance.
>>
>>14014857
Yep. I'm excited and terrified of buying a house. Hopefully all goes well with it and I can get a good price and squirrel extra money away.
>>
>>14014869
Another problem is the Twin-Cam engines use a pair of straight roller bearings for the crankshaft instead of the tapered Timken roller bearing which is axial load bearing and much stronger and stable. The straight bearing works when new, but when the engine wears in the crankshaft can "walk" between the split case halves and applies side loading on the connecting rods, rod bearings and the pistons. It is a bad design and the fix is to install Timken tapered roller bearings and to lock them into place with a securing plate and screws as the crankshaft bearings on Twin-Cam engines are known for crankshaft main bearings to slip out of the case! These are horrible problems. Cycle Source Magazine's July 2013 mentioned this problem.

>>14014868
ill give you a tl;dr version

HARLEY IS FUCKING SHIT!!!
>>
>>
>>14014876
In 2003 Harley-Davidson changed the left-side crankcase bearing from two Timken tapered roller bearings to a single straight roller bearing. The new bearing is okay for stock bikes (and Stage I), but if you hop-up the motor (beyond Stage I) you are risking bearing failure. If you do hop-up your engine you can revert to the stronger duel-tapered bearings. Why did H-D install cheaper, weaker bearings in the 2003 and later engines? Makes no sense other than to create engine failures. JIMSUSA.com has the bearings. It is expensive in labor costs to replace the crankcase bearings as the entire engine must be dismantled and reassembled. I consider this an engine defect when a strong bearing is removed by the factory only to fail if the engine is modified. Many riders install larger pistons and cams in their motors and if this weak crankcase bearing is not upgraded a rude awakening of a totally wrecked motor will be the result. This is not good.
>>
File: DSC_0340.jpg (1MB, 3104x1746px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0340.jpg
1MB, 3104x1746px
Hello /dbt/
>>
File: Harley-1690-fat-boy-2015-700px.jpg (169KB, 700x537px) Image search: [Google]
Harley-1690-fat-boy-2015-700px.jpg
169KB, 700x537px
>>
>>14014888
Changes are always being made by Harley-Davidson so check with your H-D dealer to see if the bike you want to buy has the Timken straight bearing or the stronger duel tapered bearings. Do not rely on salespersons to give you accurate answers (many do lie). You may need to ask a mechanic and two more mechanics to verify. There is a lot of misinformation being circulated.

"Don't you believe those salespersons and parts managers when they tell you the defects have been fixed in the new Twin-Cam engines... they have not been fixed, the same failures still occur!"

7. The chrome may look nice in the showroom, but don't expect it to last. I had a new Harley rusting its chrome in just one year. The polished aluminum oxidized too. I was gravely disappointed with my second brand new Harley-Davidson motorcycle.
>>
>>14013439

That sounds shitty.

Sorry about abruptly leaving my friend got his ass beat and needed a ride to the police station
>>
File: 20151115_153354[1].jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20151115_153354[1].jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>14014876
You aren't about to tell me to buy a triumph/indian instead are you?
just relax and let people ride what ever the fuck they want to ride lol.
>>
>>14014895
8. At just 8,000 miles an internal oil leak will develop in the Twin Cam engine's oil pump gears and/or the O-ring between the engine case and cam plate. This will allow engine oil to leak down into the crankcase when the engine is stopped and cooling down. So, you need to be aware that if you have an elevated oil tank you can't check the engine oil level when the engine is cold as it will show a low oil level inducing you to add oil and that can flood the engine with oil and cause hydraulic engine damage and even crack pistons and break connecting rods. Start the engine, warm it up, then check the oil level. This allow the oil pump time to scavenge oil from out of the crankcase to give you a proper oil level reading on your dip stick
>>
File: Black-Red-Trike-06.jpg (3MB, 2592x1728px) Image search: [Google]
Black-Red-Trike-06.jpg
3MB, 2592x1728px
>>
File: SAM_0434_2000x1500.jpg (320KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
SAM_0434_2000x1500.jpg
320KB, 2000x1500px
>>14014870
I hope to be going through that later this year, it's a gamble no matter what precautions you take. Good luck m8.
>>
>>14014906
9. After you buy the Harley-Davidson motorcycle make sure the spark plugs are snug to torque specification is a Harley-Davidson motor. If the plug works loose it will cause expensive cylinder head repairs. This procedure is covered in the book How to Change the Oil in Your Twin-Cam Harley-Davidson. Also, make sure the electrical plug connecting the alternator (near the oil filter) is snug and connections are clean. A loose or dirty connection here will certainly burn up the alternator and rectifier including the circuit breaker.
>>
File: H-883-Low.jpg (277KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
H-883-Low.jpg
277KB, 1280x853px
>>
>>14014913
10. The above engine problems include the newer twin cam engines even the 2011 and newer models. There are even more serious problems with older Harley's prior to model year 2007. So if you plan to buy a used Harley you had better consult with experienced mechanics to identify the known defects before you buy and are stuck with a financial bombshell.
>>
>>14014913
Just post the website ffs.
>http://www.jamesrussellpublishing.biz/beforeyoubuyharley.html
>>
>>
>>14014920
11. Harley's do not retain their value as much as you are being led to believe. The worst enemy is high mileage, so don't bother riding your Harley if you want to retain its trade-in or resale value. What is considered too high? Try 15,000 miles. That's low for most bikes, but a Harley with that many miles will suffer with a great loss of depreciation in price. Why? Because the Harley engine design is old with many seals and gaskets that will eventually fail and leak oil. The top end runs hot and the piston rings and valves just burn away requiring an overhaul. If you own a Harley, get an oil cooler as it will extend engine life, but it will not give you any points or dollars when it is time to sell. One thing a Harley rider will learn soon enough, buy a Harley and you'll lose your money! Depreciation affects all vehicles, but when low miles become high miles there is a big problem for the consumer. Be aware! There is one solution, buy another brand of motorcycle or buy a Harley-Davidson Sportster (see comments below) Why You Should Buy a Victory Motorcycle and use that bike to do most all of your riding and use your Harley just for special occasions. Of course, if you can buy a Harley-Davidson Sportster model you can have your cake and eat it too.
>>
File: -48-10.jpg (551KB, 1280x933px) Image search: [Google]
-48-10.jpg
551KB, 1280x933px
>>
>>14014931
>>14014931
11. If you buy a Harley-Davidson V-Rod motorcycle be prepared to pay a small fortune for service as the valves must be manually adjusted and to do that the engine must be dropped down out of the frame. This is expensive and it will be a routine expense to be sorry for. The labor and parts to perform the valve adjustment is just terrible considering the other Harley's with hydraulic lifters that never need to be adjusted period. You had best be prepared to pay for valve adjustments or learn to do the job yourself. Either way you will find doing this job a royal pain in the wallet and a total waste of your valuable time. Will this be the future fate of all motorcycles? If so, learn to perform these valve adjustments yourself.
>>
>>
>>14014940

12. Another terrible problem all Twin-Cam engines have is the dreaded "crankshaft slip." A perfectly new bike with low miles can suddenly begin vibrating so badly it makes riding no fun anymore, even if the engine is rubber mounted. I too had a brand new Harley and the crank slipped. The crankshaft flywheels are pressed together to the crank pin. Without notice and without cause the flywheels will slip out of alignment and the vibration is born. What is sad is that the Harley dealers will tell you it is normal when it is not. They will not fix the problem. I have met other riders with the same problem and the same bad results. My brand new Harley failed at just 3,000 miles. I traded it in for another new Harley and the crank slipped on that one too! Those were my last Harley-Davidson's. Two strikes on two brand new Twin-Cam engine bikes was enough for me. I switched to Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 with a 125 cubic inch V-twin and later to the Victory 106ci V-twin which is a superior designed and reliable motor, but dealership qualifications to perform warranty work I found, in my case, was not up to industry standards. That is a big problem if the bike you buy can't be fixed quickly, reliably and professionally. You will find this problem throughout the "power sports" industry, so beware.
>>
File: harleydavidson-xr1200x-7.jpg (155KB, 970x600px) Image search: [Google]
harleydavidson-xr1200x-7.jpg
155KB, 970x600px
>>
>>14014948
13. You will notice modern motorcycle engine design eliminates the inner and outer primary case the Harley-Davidson Twin-Cam engine uses. It is an old design full of flaws and weaknesses using a sloppy chain to connect the engine to clutch and transmission. It is a source of problems mostly regarding oil leaks from the outer and inner primary gasket and seals for the crankshaft, transmission countershaft and starter motor. It is not cheap to fix these oil leaks. And to makes matters even worse that this entire primary chain case system must completely disassembled to change a drive belt, pulley or chain sprocket. Ask around for a price to do these jobs and it will open your eyes a bit wider. Your drive belt will need replacing one day and you will have to pay a dear price due to this outdated, unfriendly engine design. Of course, if you learn to do it yourself it will only cost you time (a lot of time) and parts. Most riders do not know how to do it. For example if you look at the Victory Freedom 106ci V-twin engine none of these problems are evident. You can change a drive belt and pulleys yourself. There will be no oil leaks from seals and there is only one simple gasket for the primary system. No chains for it is totally gear driven primary system and it uses the engine oil, not a special primary case oil. Yes, this engine too has a cam chain but of a totally different design. A proven reliable design using long cam chain guides like modern car and motorcycle engines use. If the cam chain guide wears out it will not self-destruct the engine. But you have to drop the engine out of the frame to overhaul the rear cylinder whereas a Harley can be performed in the frame.
>>
>>14014903
by buying a harley you basically support Hitler. Harley is the same as EA, apple, Monster audio, and NSDAP
>>
File: oy-7-large.jpg (140KB, 940x560px) Image search: [Google]
oy-7-large.jpg
140KB, 940x560px
>>
File: 1449728959641.jpg (137KB, 466x268px) Image search: [Google]
1449728959641.jpg
137KB, 466x268px
What kawi is this?
>>
>>14014953
14. Harley-Davidson's generally require an oil change each 2,500 miles (newer models 5,000 miles). And it requires that three oil compartments be drained and filled each with different types of oil; engine oil, primary case and transmission oil. I wrote a book showing you how to do it. How to Change the Oil in Your Twin-Cam Harley-Davidson You will notice it only takes ten minutes to change the oil on a modern motorcycle like the Victory and it only has to be changed each 5,000 miles. So, oil changing on a Harley will cost you twice as much as other engine designs.
>>
File: 333_0.jpg (70KB, 846x846px) Image search: [Google]
333_0.jpg
70KB, 846x846px
>>14014964
>>
>>14014967
15. I like Harley-Davidson motorcycles. I appreciate the awesome look, the sound and the comfort they give along with every conceivable custom option and aftermarket item you can buy for the bike. But what stopped me from buying Harley-Davidson again and again is the Twin-Cam engine and other problems mentioned in this article. And I did not like the low trade-in value they gave me on my Harley's. They don't hold their value like they used to simply because everybody seems to own a Harley these days. Since then I have bought four new motorcycles and not one is a Twin-Cam Harley. They need to fix these numerous defect problems before I buy again. However, I did buy a new 2012 Sportster 1200 Custom as these bikes have zero defects. They may wear out, but they don't break down like those Twin-Cam engines.
>>
File: iran883-1896.jpg (386KB, 1896x861px) Image search: [Google]
iran883-1896.jpg
386KB, 1896x861px
>>
File: 20151204_174024.jpg (1MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
20151204_174024.jpg
1MB, 1600x1200px
>>14014958
I own a cb400 ya fucking spanner, why would i buy something heavier and with less power?
>>
>>14014976
16. Transmission trouble? Yes, there is a problem with the transmission 5th gear. As the 88 twin cam engine evolved to the 96 cubic inch a strain developed on the gears. In the year 2007 the inner bearing race was upgraded due to bearing failure. In the year 2010 the fifth gear was changed to a reverse-helical gear to neutralize the side load on the bearing. What does this mean to the average rider? It means if you hop up the engine on any twin-cam engine you risk a major transmission failure. So, you need to purchase and install a fifth gear and bearing/shaft update kit if you ride the bike hard (which many riders do). The race on the shaft can move, which lets the seal leak and the bearing walk/wobble more than it should accelerating wear and fail. Some riders have found this bearing failure twice in 40,000 miles. Mostly hard-ridden stock 88 and 96 will fail along with those with souped-up engines (pistons, cams including crankshaft long-stroked engines). But the new 103 cubic inch twin cam are not immune to transmission failure even though they have the updated kit installed at the factory. Read item #17 below explains the reasons.
>>
>>
>>
>>
File: 1447605209642.png (67KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1447605209642.png
67KB, 625x626px
>>14014984
>>14014986
I am starting to think you two are the same person, the bait master and all that.
>>
>>14014984
17. Overheating: Harley-Davidson engines run hot. The 88 cubic inch engine ran hot and at the high limits and the 96 cubic inch engine runs hotter yet which is not good for the engine. The 110 cubic inch engines run exceedingly hotter and so much so a class-action law suit was filed against Harley-Davidson from riders being burned from the engine heat (mostly from the rear cylinder near the rider's thighs). Heat burns to the skin is not the only problem as heat is an engine killer and the hotter these big air-cooled V-twins run reliability falls drastically. Don't expect engine longevity with a 103 or 110 or 113+ cubic inch air-cooled V-twin such as the Harley-Davidson design. Clean synthetic engine oil and a large external engine oil cooler is a must-have accessory, but it only helps engine cooling and not cure these serious excessive heat problems that self-destructs the engine.
>>
>>14014997
Can you stop spamming pics man? the pic limit is 150 and we will end up with two dbt's if the image limit is hit before 300 posts... wait until someone replies then spam your harley pics ya poof.
>>
>>14014999
no, im not a fucking cvckold faggot that saves shitty harleys in his computer

>>14015004
18. The Harley-Davidson engine looks nice with all the chrome, but if you really look good you will notice the engine design is so archaic it is truly a problem to behold for there are way too many moving parts inside the engine and in the primary case to wear out and break down. The transmission is small in size and that means smaller, weaker shafts, bearings and gears are inside. Way too many moving parts each over-stressed! This is why you see so many in shops being repaired and broken down on the side of the road being towed back to the dealers. The engines also run very hot when stock and even hotter when the engine is "hopped-up" and this old engine design just can't tolerate all of that heat. Oil coolers will help, but will not shed enough heat to stop engine damage from excessive wear. Even full synthetic oil won't stop the wear due to hot spots in the engine. Even replacing a drive belt will cause you grief even if you do it yourself for it will take you hours of labor. It will be expensive for a shop to replace your drive belt. And with the cam followers going to bite you and blow up your engine you need to consider replacing those followers often like every 20,000 miles (30,000 miles if you have the newer hydraulic followers). But they can even fail quicker in some cases. The 103 cubic inch will evolve into even higher 110 and 113+ cubic inch engines that will create even higher stresses and heat and reliability is going to suffer even more. The way I see it, I will not buy a new Harley-Davidson Twin-Cam engine due to all these defects.
>>
File: 2016_5_489528_olivegolddenim.jpg (58KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
2016_5_489528_olivegolddenim.jpg
58KB, 800x600px
>>
>>14015009
A good example is to see what Harley-Davidson should have done by redesigning their Twin-Cam engine is to look at a cut-away view of the Victory and the new Indian motorcycle engine. They have all the modern materials and racing valve gear, etc. Less moving parts and much stronger parts to boot. There are limits to the power output of any engine design and Harley-Davidson is tinkering with the Twin-Cam engine to stroke and bore it out to create an engine that just is overpowered for its design. What happens? You have a hot engine that self-destructs even under normal running conditions. Even water cooling a Twin-Cam engine with restrictive water channels will help, but it will not alleviate the inherent overheating problem in the newer big-inch engines.

Nobody wants to admit it because there is a lot of money repair shops and dealers and after market firms are making hot-rodding these Twin-Cam engines and people are falling for it and paying the price of engine failures. Just take a look inside the repair shops and you'll see these repair bays are full of broken down Twin-Cam engines. Yes, even brand new engines!
>>
File: custom].jpg (215KB, 1279x853px) Image search: [Google]
custom].jpg
215KB, 1279x853px
>>
>>14015010
You deserve to know the truth about the Harley-Davidson motorcycle. Just because you see a lot of them on the road, especially at motorcycle rallies, most riders are absolutely totally ignorant of the problems they are soon to face with their rides. I learned the hard way too. I had a new Harley engine crankshaft go out of balance in just 6,000 miles... a brand new motorcycle! I have seen others suffer the same fate and dealers tell people, "Harley's vibrate. It's normal."

19. I have seen with my own eyes nightmare stories of customers in tears at repair shops and dealerships paying dearly for shoddy workmanship. The mechanic ruins the engine and the customer pays for it. This is why I wrote the book, How To Change the Oil on Your Twin Cam Harley-Davidson Motorcycle which also covers spark plug and air cleaner service intervals. This book will give you tips on how to prevent engine damage. You will save a lot of money and service will be done right because you did the job yourself.
>>
File: Forty-Eight.jpg (53KB, 863x561px) Image search: [Google]
Forty-Eight.jpg
53KB, 863x561px
>>14014999
hes just mad because i fucked his mum
>>
>>14015014
20. The Twin-Cam engine between the years 1999-206 has a very weak oil pump that actually drops oil pressure near "zero" when idling which accelerates internal engine wear. You can shim the pressure relief valve to gain more pressure, but this is still not a cure as those chain followers wear (as yours are wearing as you ride your bike) the follower debris slowly blocks or destroys the oil pump and the engine will be horribly ruined without notice catching you by surprise. One day all is well, the next day be prepared to buy a new remanufactured engine. Don't you trust the warranty you have will cover this failure as it likely will not and you will be stuck with the bill. How can this be? Excuses are many and are you having these followers inspected each year? Probably not and that is just one loophole that will be used to deny your warranty claim. There is a fix for the marginal oil pump, but you have to buy an aftermarket cam-support plate. On late 96'ci engines it will permit you to fit "real" bearings on the outer camshaft journals, where the factory plate has none, and in the earlier engines it will allow you to install a better, late-model oil pump. The replacement plate is stronger with no flexing. But remember, as long as you have cam chains and tiny followers pressing on those chains your engine will eventually fail catastrophically unless you solve this problem or are "very vigilant" with frequent inspections. Those inspections are expensive and most Harley-Davidson riders are not aware of the problem in the first place to bother asking or performing these visual inspections.
>>
>>14015010
So you are just a shit lord who copies articles from a shitty website written by who cares then posts it on dbt then...?

If you are going to have an opinion at least have your own.
>>
>>14015026
my mum doesnt like cvckolds faggot!

>>14015027
21. Harley-Davidson motorcycles are huge lumbering beasts that are unstable to ride and tend to slide sideways and fall down when the brakes are applied, mostly the rear brake. They have balance and suspension problems. You have to fight the motorcycle constantly on mountain roads and even on the freeway. It wanders and floats and most riders just think this is normal and for a Harley-Davidson and it is. When you hop on other brands of motorcycles you will see a world of difference in handling. You no longer have to keep inputting steering corrections and fight with the motorcycle to stay on course.
>>
>>14015032
22. Breather problems! The 96 and more so the 103ci (cubic inch) Twin-Cam engines do have a breathing blow-by problem where oil is pumped out of the engine's breather vent and is sent to the intake manifold to be burned. At high engine revolutions and load this oil pumping become worse. This has always been a problem with big twin Harley's, but controllable to a degree. Excess oil will dribble down under the air cleaner element making a mess of the engine. The newer big CVO 110ci Twin-Cam engine has a much more serious breathing problem to the point that riders are being told to lower the oil level by 1/2 to an entire quart of oil to help stop the oil leaks. Problem is, less oil means less cooling for the engine! This problem is serious and not yet resolved entirely, but you can install a Baker larger oil pan to the engine which will allow more oil cooling and get the oil quantity back to normal or higher as it is rated for 5.5 and 4.5 quarts of oil. If the engine piston rings are worn you will notice an increase of oil blow-by as crankcase pressure increases so the original breathing problem become awful and severe. You will have to overhaul the top end of the motor or install an aftermarket racing compatible breather (such as an S&S cam cover) that can catch this blow-by oil or both.
>>
File: Harley XLCR 77..jpg (112KB, 1280x854px) Image search: [Google]
Harley XLCR 77..jpg
112KB, 1280x854px
>>14015009
No, get used to it, because it's going to be a daily thing, thanks to antiharleyanon.
>>
>>14015035
23. Electrical problems! The Twin-Cam bikes 3-phase 45 and 48 amp alternators burn up or they will burn up other electrical components. There is a cure. Replace the entire alternator with a new 50 amp unit manufactured by CycleElectric.com

24. Harley's have a high theft rate, but so do other motorcycle brands. In fact, sport bikes are stolen at a higher rate than Harley-Davidsons, but still you need to be careful as there is a huge market for Harley-Davidson parts and lots of chop-shops are operating to fulfill the need. This is why you may pay more for theft insurance.

"The Twin-Cam engine is pure bad news."
>>
File: 8589130458152-.jpg (231KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
8589130458152-.jpg
231KB, 1280x960px
>>
>>14015037
get cvcked faggot, ill be here everyday to remind you harley is a fucking shit, garbage-tier bullshit for faggot cvcks like yourself
if you dont like it fuck off back to reddit
25. To change the oil each 5,000 miles (or less) is a relatively complex process and a mystery to many Harley riders who do not know how to perform oil changes on the Twin-Cam engine. Reason being there are three different oil compartments on the big-twins that confuses people. And if you look for the oil drain plug you can be side-tracked when you see other bolts that could be oil drain plugs, but are not. So, if you do not learn to do the job yourself (read my book described below to learn how to change oil, spark plugs, air and oil cleaner) the routine oil change expense will get expensive for you. Some dealers charge astronomical rates as high as $450 to perform a scheduled routine service and many will charge you half that amount which is still way too high to pay!
>>
File: 1446702105314.jpg (34KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
1446702105314.jpg
34KB, 375x375px
>>14015032
>>14015027
Seriously just post the damned website and stop spamming like a moronic jizz sock.
>>
File: _11.jpg (88KB, 800x629px) Image search: [Google]
_11.jpg
88KB, 800x629px
>>
File: 1396459572337.png (49KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1396459572337.png
49KB, 1000x1000px
i have never scene anywhere on 4chan have so much shit posting in a none shitposting thread as much as i do in DBT.

i want to talk about bikes.
>>
>>14015048
26. More bad news: The Twin-Cam "stock" engines are being bored, ported and stroked for more power and this is bad news. The air-cooled engines can't get rid of the heat and internal engine damage is taking place. Even larger oil pans and oil coolers won't cure the intense heat problem. Maybe, the new H-D formula Syn-3 synthetic oil will help, maybe not, but worth a try. Heat kills air-cooled engines and more power generates more heat. The rear cylinder is especially susceptible to heat-related failure. The intake facing side of the piston scuffs against the cylinder wall real bad due to heat boiling away lubricant wearing out the piston and cylinder prematurely. And if you modify the engine to obtain more power than stock you are going to run into trouble with excessive heat, fast component wear and tear and a screaming bank account crying for more funds to replenish your savings. The Twin-Cam engine is pure bad news.
>>
File: hero-carousel.jpg (597KB, 1400x1100px) Image search: [Google]
hero-carousel.jpg
597KB, 1400x1100px
>>
>>14015061
27. As you know all Twin-Cam engines are susceptible to having the crank shaft slip out of balance that requires the entire crankshaft to be replaced for it is cheaper to replace than to rebalance. It happened to my new bike at just 6,000 miles. But the connecting rods can be bent in as little as 8,000 miles and that is "normal" riding not horsing around. Now you know why H-D sells a much stronger crank, flywheel and rod assembly! And there is another problem of the crankshaft bearing walking out of the case and the engine tears itself apart. These are all serious design problems and wicked defects inside Twin-Cam engines. Most riders just don't know of these problems and those that do nobody wants to talk about them.
>>
File: 20151030_183355.jpg (981KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
20151030_183355.jpg
981KB, 1632x1224px
>>14015055
So do i anon... what do you like about bikes the most?
>>
File: SAM_0059_2000x1500.jpg (308KB, 1500x2000px) Image search: [Google]
SAM_0059_2000x1500.jpg
308KB, 1500x2000px
>>14015055
Please tell me what panniers to get for my Tiger.
>>
>>14015072
28. Did you know the Sportster engine is near perfect and has none of these Twin-Cam engine problems? It is true. The Sportster engine is near bulletproof with superior engineering design and workmanship and should have been duplicated and made larger for the big bikes instead of using the Twin-Cam engine. Harley-Davidson has the wrong engine in those big V-twin cruisers! The new Sportster's (2004 and newer) have rubber mounted engines and the frames and wheels are being beefed up with better accessories to make this bike a serious consideration. It's no longer a "girl's bike" especially the XL Custom 1200 and the new models. The Custom 1200 has a larger 4.5 gallon gas tank, superb engine reliability, no nagging engine defects whatsoever, good ride quality, economical fuel mileage, so check them out! With mini-ape handle bars, fat 16" tires and a wide touring seat with stronger front forks these Sportster's are not at tiny as the old models were. About time! It is also easier to change the oil as there are only two oil compartments to drain and fill. If you want a reliable Harley-Davidson you really need to consider the new Sportster models. You'll save a ton of money with the Sportster from price of purchase, insurance, maintenance and fuel economy. Take one for a test drive.
>>
>>14015037
Only if you want a ban
>>
File: 7852294340_81634a5f0d_o.jpg (394KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
7852294340_81634a5f0d_o.jpg
394KB, 1920x1280px
>>14015075
i have no idea why its fun.

it just is.

also wheelies, though i suck at them.
>>
File: Chris-Carr21.jpg (202KB, 600x387px) Image search: [Google]
Chris-Carr21.jpg
202KB, 600x387px
>if you dont like it fuck off back to reddit
You go back to reddit, you nigger cock sucking kuckboy.
>>
>>14015055
>>14015075
report my posts as well as his

hopefully the mod will ban both of us

its a sacrifice I must make

28. Did you know the Sportster engine is near perfect and has none of these Twin-Cam engine problems? It is true. The Sportster engine is near bulletproof with superior engineering design and workmanship and should have been duplicated and made larger for the big bikes instead of using the Twin-Cam engine. Harley-Davidson has the wrong engine in those big V-twin cruisers! The new Sportster's (2004 and newer) have rubber mounted engines and the frames and wheels are being beefed up with better accessories to make this bike a serious consideration. It's no longer a "girl's bike" especially the XL Custom 1200 and the new models. The Custom 1200 has a larger 4.5 gallon gas tank, superb engine reliability, no nagging engine defects whatsoever, good ride quality, economical fuel mileage, so check them out! With mini-ape handle bars, fat 16" tires and a wide touring seat with stronger front forks these Sportster's are not at tiny as the old models were. About time! It is also easier to change the oil as there are only two oil compartments to drain and fill. If you want a reliable Harley-Davidson you really need to consider the new Sportster models. You'll save a ton of money with the Sportster from price of purchase, insurance, maintenance and fuel economy. Take one for a test drive.
>>
>>14015080
funny you would ask me that, im the anon with the dad that has the 1050 tiger.

he just uses a top box. its some where in our basement.
>>
>>14015082
Why the fuck are you copy and pasting this shit not one person is going to read it because i know of no people who come on dbt that own a harley, fuck off.
>>
>>14015083
been doing it for months now, i just took a break.
>>
30. Primary Chain Adjustments. Remember when we used to manually adjust the primary chain? Well, the new models have hydraulic primary chain adjusters which uses oil pressure to keep the chain taught. Sounds great, except there is one problem. Never should the primary chain ever run tight as it can cause damage to the transmission and crankshaft bearings. The hydraulic primary chain adjuster is not an adjuster it is a "tightener" which does not loosen so it is not adjusting, it just keeps ratcheting the chain tighter and tighter. Time will tell, but I believe you will be seeing bearing, chain and gear teeth failures due to this innovation. If you get on the throttle hard then back it off briskly this will trigger the automatic chain adjuster to adjust tightening the primary chain and this is bad news. It will cause seal and bearing shaft wear and premature chain and sprocket wear and even outright breakage! There is a fix, but it will cost you some money. Baker has a Bully style primary cover with an inspection cover so you can manually adjust their Attitude brand name chain adjuster. Now you can manually adjust the primary chain like the good old days. Harley-Davidson is advertising and selling automatic chain adjusters for the older Twin-Cam models. Don't buy it. Keep your manually adjusted system just as it is. One more thing, those automatic primary chain tensioners are failing in another way... they wear out and need to be replaced around 40,000 miles. A lot of riders do not know about this weak part defect! The old manually adjusted system was way better for us riders. The new system makes money for dealers! And, the more powerful the motor, the worse the primary chain will want to ratchet and tighten each time you turn on and off the throttle. Yes, this automatic primary chain system is defective and can definitely wear out your main crankshaft bearing and the clutch and transmission shaft bearings.
>>
File: default (10).jpg (83KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
default (10).jpg
83KB, 1280x720px
>>
File: 7852307050_9676c3ec6b_o.jpg (381KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
7852307050_9676c3ec6b_o.jpg
381KB, 1920x1280px
>>14015095
i think we have 2 harley owners here but they rarely post cause everyone tells them how much they hate them and their bikes.
>>
>>14015092
Kek, if I'm doing Alaska I at least need saddlebags that can take the bike falling on them. I have a good enough topbox. Just need panniers
>>
>>14015109
When the shafts flex they load up the engine and transmission bearings and that creates a bearing failure load on them and the engine/transmission cases which causes them to stress and crack. Eventually the small cracks migrate to form larger cracks and the shafts will destroy the bearings and/or the cases with no warning. Catastrophic engine/transmission failure occurs. Now, if you have a stock bike under warranty you are covered for the repair bill, but that's if you survive the risk of a crash as cracked cases blow oil on the rear tire. If that does not happen, you may be out of luck if you are out of town on a long trip. It can take a month to get the bike fixed depending on the season.

You may get luck with just bearing pitting loading failure. It means each time the shaft flexes it take a tiny pit out of the bearing eventually causing the bearing to fail. It will make a rattling noise and shifting will be jerky and not as smooth. If you have loud pipes you may not hear the bearing failing until it totally fails, so you need to rely on feel. You can place your ear on a screwdriver near the bearing to hear the bearings if you are skilled to know what a bad or good bearing sounds like. You can't inspect these bearings easily. You must measure shaft run-out with a dial indicator and it requires primary system removal which the average rider does not do. However, most riders are totally unaware of this shaft flex problem and ignore it until it becomes a major repair.
>>
File: Rockirls-11.jpg (218KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Rockirls-11.jpg
218KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>14015115
32. You better hope you never break a clutch cable on your Twin-Cam Harley-Davidson especially when out of town. You can't replace the cable with ease. Believe it or not, you need to remove the exhaust pipes, right side floorboard, drain the transmission of oil and remove the transmission trap door just to replace a clutch cable on the engine side. Then you have to reinstall all these items you removed. On the other hand, you can easily replace a clutch cable on the Sportster without this grief and you can fix it on the side of the road, but the Twin-Cam models it is absolute hell (heavenly if you own a repair shop) for what should be a simple procedure. It can easily cost you a couple hundred dollars and we are only talking shop costs, not the cable cost, towing, motel, lost time from work, etc., if your cable breaks when you are out of town. Even carrying a spare clutch cable will do you no good. And, clutch cables can fail without notice and without showing any signs of fraying or wear. Ask your H-D dealer how much they charge to replace a clutch cable. It may surprise you.
>>
File: Harley Davidson VR1000 2.jpg (282KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Harley Davidson VR1000 2.jpg
282KB, 1600x1200px
>>14015113
Im one of them.
>>
>>14014898
>Sorry about abruptly leaving my friend got his ass beat and needed a ride to the police station
lol
story time?
and did you ever get the sticker dudes in the sticker htread to make some dbt stickers? I need a death by throttle one
>>
>>14015124
33. There is a helical gear in the new transmissions and now that is causing problems. Why? Simply because a helical gear creates thrust, a thrusting of the transmission shaft to exit out of the transmission case! While the transmission shaft won't push out the case, it will terribly stress the bearing in the case and cause bearing failure. If you start riding from a low rpm in third gear then go to wide open throttle you will see the clutch lever on the handlebar flipping back and forth. This is the thrust acting on the output shaft to the clutch plate assembly. No cure. Just wait until bearing fails or overhaul the transmission occasionally. I know, not great advice, but defective component design make it hard on all riders/owners. The six speed transmission also are making noise riders complain about. It won't hurt anything, just your mood as you ride.
>>
>>14015090
Mods don't ban shit around here, remember that thread where literally all KKK did was fuck on about the LSD he was totally taking? posts removed, no bans, no consequences for shitposting at all.
>>
File: hd-fatboy-lo-xl.jpg (268KB, 970x665px) Image search: [Google]
hd-fatboy-lo-xl.jpg
268KB, 970x665px
>>
>>14015131
34. The "compensator" in the Twin-Cam primary case is a shock absorber fixed to the engine crankshaft to smooth out the erratic power pulses a 45 degree crankshaft produces. Problem is, they are failing. Find out if you should upgrade yours to a Screaming Eagle racing compensator or aftermarket sprocket. Some new H-D models already have the upgrade. If so, you may want to consider changing the size of your compensator sprocket to a one or two tooth smaller (more acceleration) or larger (lower cruising engine rpm). The latter saves fuel and reduces engine heat at highway speed. But keep in mind no matter what model year Twin-Cam engine you have the compensator sprocket is loosening and can fall off the primary chain. The result is horrible engine destruction, alternator ruined with oil soaking the rear wheel from a broken primary case that can cause a nasty crash. The compensator will not fail (usually) without making some hammering noise from the left side primary case when starting (or running) the engine. If you hear a loud clunk, get this fixed right away with an aftermarket repair kit. Jims makes a compensating sprocket lock kit to solve this problem and saves the alternator from damage. If the compensator sprocket comes loose it will be devastating to the engine and you could crash as the primary case breaks and oil hits the rear tire.
>>
File: 20090814-hotdogs1.jpg (36KB, 497x325px) Image search: [Google]
20090814-hotdogs1.jpg
36KB, 497x325px
>>14015117
her skin makes me think of 711 hotdogs
>>
File: 1ieta.jpg (201KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1ieta.jpg
201KB, 1200x900px
>>
>>14015114
yeah i dont mess around with the 1050 often. mostly when one of my bikes is out of order.
>>
File: 15-hd-street-750-10-large.jpg (111KB, 940x560px) Image search: [Google]
15-hd-street-750-10-large.jpg
111KB, 940x560px
>>
>>14015135
35. The starter gear has a tendency to wear out a bit too soon due to a soft metal. If it fails it will not permit you to start your engine or if partially fails it can wreck your primary chain system. Chances are the gear will just wear itself smooth over time and begin to slip and make a grinding noise, but it can fail and create thousands of dollars in repair cost as that broken gear thrashes everything inside the primary case. This sort of failure can break engine and transmission cases, bend crankshaft, etc. You can buy a stronger starter gear on the aftermarket. The V-Twin magazines have advertisements for this part. Van Bergen and Greener, Inc., makes a heavy duty unit: StarterDrives.com But, before you go and replace any starter motor components make sure you have the updated compensator in your engine primary chain case. One poor guy wrote in American Iron Magazine (Issue 316) he had replaced his starter motor three times in 11,000 miles by Harley-Davidson dealer due to the older style compensator installed that causes the starter motor failures. The dealer should have updated the compensator before replacing the first starter motor.
>>
File: Drift2_13911.jpg (1MB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Drift2_13911.jpg
1MB, 1920x1280px
i wish i could do this.
>>
File: Custom-Harley-Bike-3.jpg (1MB, 2081x1594px) Image search: [Google]
Custom-Harley-Bike-3.jpg
1MB, 2081x1594px
>>
>>14015144
36. The air cooled Twin-Cam engine runs hot. Even the 88 cubic inch engines run hot. The 96, 103 and 110 run even hotter. You must buy an oil cooler for these big motors. Yes, even the 883 and 1200 Sportster's should have oil coolers even though they have huge fins as large as the big Twin-Cam engines to shed heat. Some newer Harley's with the 103 engine come with an oil cooler, but it looks too small to really be of much use. Aftermarket oil coolers are much larger and will shed more heat from the engine. Here's a good one for big engines; Jagg fan-assisted oil cooler. This is important as engine failure can come on just one hot day or a day stuck in traffic. The cylinder can get so hot the cylinder walls warp out of round and the piston will scuff the wall and seize or bend your connecting rods and the valve guide seals can bake and crack or melt. Now you got big trouble! Now you have a huge repair bill even if you fix it yourself (if you know how) it will cost you a bundle. Get an oil cooler if you Harley does not have one. It should be thermostatically controlled as cold oil can also damage your engine from oil starvation (high viscosity oil) allowing internal metal to metal contact. You can see valve guide seals fail at 10,000 to 20,000 miles. To fix the valve seals right, the cylinder heads should be removed, but there are methods some mechanics will use to replace the seals without dismantling the head from the cylinder. Sealed Power makes valve seals for Harley-Davidson so check them out. Cold or too hot oil can wipe out bearings and seals fast. Go to a motorcycle rally and guess what you will see? Yep, few bikes with oil coolers! Those engines will fail soon, and you can bet on it
>>
Poorfag on a 3k budget. Made a quick list of bikes on craiglist near me. From a glance which of these is the best deal?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cI0uj9wwTizEjftG1Xv7sd8gs-cnncxWfK0nM-Rhfag/edit?usp=sharing
>>
File: 2010_42.jpg (235KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
2010_42.jpg
235KB, 1280x853px
>>
>>14015144
37. The swingarm bushings in all models of the Twin-Cam bikes are weak. Yes, they do work, but they just won't last. You will notice, when they are failing, handling of the bike begins to suffer from wobbling. If those bushings outright fail it can throw you right off the bike due to a loss of control crash! These bushings have no zerk grease fittings to lube and they are of a sleeve nature. Aftermarket has sealed ball bearing kits to replace these weak factory stock bushings. Contact: True-Track and Sta-Bo
>>
>>
>>14015154
38. Be aware that any engine or transmission failure can result in a lock-up of the rear wheel or create an oil breech from the cases that will flood the rear wheel for instant loss of control and a devastating crash. You got to pay attention to those Twin-Cam Harley's as those defects can bite you hard. Falling off a motorcycle or crashing into objects can be devastating to your health and to your wealth. If you use 100% synthetic oil with a large engine oil cooler you can escape from many engine failures. While it may not solve or cure problems, it will certainly increase the longevity of your engine and transmission and primary system resisting component failure. Example: We know the cam chain tensioners shoes will wear out, but they will last much longer using cool synthetic oil. Even if the Synthetic oil increases some engine/transmission noise it is better to live with that than a catastrophic engine failure.
>>
File: 20151205_123731.jpg (1MB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
20151205_123731.jpg
1MB, 1632x1224px
>>14015113
Idk why people have such a big thing against cruiser bikes, it is like people who have something against someone for driving a different brand of car to them lol.
besides most of the people who complain about cruisers are the people with sport bikes that they lean them over less than people lean their scooters over.
or nobikes.
>>
>>14015139
Kek no worries m8. What do you ride?
>>
>>14015161
39. Again, the Sportster frame, engine and transmission has none of the defects you read about here on the Twin-Cam bikes. The Sportster is actually a perfected machine for it is a racing engine design. Older riders are wise and jumping ship from the TC to the Sportster. These Sportster's are being converted into baggers, choppers, touring models and they ride nice now due to the upgrades in suspension and wheels. With a minor investment of installing taller handlebars, stretch seat, Progressive rear shocks with extending foot pegs a little bit more for tall riders these cost effective modification can give you the comfort of the larger H-D touring models. With good pipes you won't miss anything because the 1200 Sportster sounds just as awesome as the Twin Cam's. And for those who want to ride with a passenger just install a two tooth smaller countershaft pulley for that extra pulling power. If you love to ride Harley-Davidson's and find the TC's an expense try the Sportster. I did and I have no regrets! It has been one positive experience upon another. Even parts and accessories, tires, brakes, everything is cheaper including insurance and registration with great fuel mileage too!
>>
>>
>>14015161
Shut the fuck up already.
>>
>>14015168
40. The metal circlips inside the transmission that holds the gears in place are not strong enough and can fail causing massive transmission damage. The problem is found on 2006-09 Cruise Drive transmissions, but are being watched on late models as a "concern" to be aware of. If you want to have a better transmission on any Twin-Cam Harley-Davidson replace it with a Baker Drivetrain unit. They are built strong and will not fail. But it will be expensive to make the upgrade. You can purchase their bearings and gears set and install them in the stock transmission case at a lower cost.
>>
>>
>>14015171
as soon as this faggot spamming bullshit harleys

41. Bad brakes? Yes, the brakes on most all Twin-Cam engine motorcycles have bad brakes. What does "bad brakes" mean? Well, it does not mean the brakes won't stop the bike... it means the brake pads are fine, but the brake rotors are overwhelmed by the sheer weight of the bike. It means the front wheel brake rotors will warp from heat and that is why you have been likely told by a dealer that you need new brake rotors and brake pads. Harley's are heavy, heavy, heavy bikes and the rotors are just too thin to handle all that weight. So, do not be surprised to keep paying for front fork brake jobs. The rear brakes are okay, they just don't heat up as much as the front brakes as most of a motorcycle's stopping power is up front. Brakes are not covered under warranty. Read our article, Harley-Davidson Advice - Let's Talk Harley's! on how to fix your bike, etc.
>>
File: 783.jpg (4MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
783.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
>>14015165
im the guy with the 1290.
>>
File: 01dbf8980a07990564df046f5549eea1.jpg (340KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
01dbf8980a07990564df046f5549eea1.jpg
340KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>14015180
42. Alternator failure? Yes, the bonding agent that glue the magnets to the rotor fails and the magnets fall away and grind up the alternator coils and can cause serious damage to the crankshaft and primary case components. Only engine heat high temperature creates this failure, not how much electricity you use. Too much electricity will burn the regulator-rectifier and will not destroy the engine like a magnet failure will. Not every T-C engine will see this failure, but those who ride hard or hop-up their engines and have no external oil cooler will likely see it eventually. If you see leaking oil and the electrical wires from the primary case being pulled into the primary case a magnet is loose and pulling in the wires and total failure is imminent. You may likely not even get this warning, but you'll hear a grinding or rubbing noise from the primary chain case.
>>
File: maxresdefault (10).jpg (87KB, 1477x774px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (10).jpg
87KB, 1477x774px
>>
File: 20150619_114613.jpg (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
20150619_114613.jpg
1MB, 1440x2560px
>>14015181
Damn nigga let's trade for a day
>>
>>14015185
43. Crankshaft Run-Out. This is not a slipping of the flywheels causing an imbalance, it is the warping motion of the right side crankshaft's pinion shaft. This thin shaft drives the oil pump and cams and it can bend or elongate causing a wobbling motion. Think of a spinning bent shaft. Generally it can bend on its own usually from high engine heat, but most riders intentionally bend the shaft with burn-outs, drag racing, pulling wheelies, hammering the throttle wide-open, riding at high speeds (over 90mph) will cause the shaft to bend. When it does bend too far it can snap or vibrate terribly affecting the engine to fail. Shaft run-out is so critical if it is out of specification you can't even install a gear-driven cam setup to cure a cam chain shoe failure unless you replace the entire crankshaft. The harder you ride your bike and the faster you ride you will see crankshaft run-out. If you drive normally you won't have a problem, in most cases. However, it is bad news for anybody that has hopped-up their T-C motor as crank pinion shaft run out is coming and it will be expensive to repair.
>>
File: IMG_3931 blog.jpg (398KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3931 blog.jpg
398KB, 800x533px
>>
File: 20151205_123648.jpg (1MB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
20151205_123648.jpg
1MB, 1632x1224px
>>14015180
You are the faggot that is spewing shit all over dbt from some baby boomers article written in 2011, you are more useless than tits on a bull.
>>
>>14015189
44. Buy a used Harley-Davidson? Can you imagine the problems you will be facing buying a used H-D motorcycle? Just read this article and realize none of the issues listed here were corrected. You would be buying a disaster bike! You got to buy a H-D brand spanking new and keep it under factory warranty, or else! If you are a mechanic, no problem. If you are not, you'll wish you were. If you really love Harley-Davidson's you should learn to repair them yourself or always ride a new bike. Or consider buying a new 1200cc Sportster and customize it to fit you... they have no defects! They are the most perfected H-D engine every developed. Yes, you can hop those Sportster's up to blow away any T-C engine. Sportsters can get 125 horsepower when hopped-up. Yikes!
>>
>>14015181
ayyy coloradonon
>>
File: 19.jpg (121KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
19.jpg
121KB, 1024x768px
>>
>>14015189
>>14015191
Seriously at least he is posting something bike related you are just recycling someone elses opinions on something bike related.
>>
>>14015192
how am I spweing shit? I am literally saving a lot of people time and money informing them about how shit harleys are

45. Defective Fairing? Yes, on touring models the two upper fairing support brackets are notoriously known to suddenly crack and it is not an easy fix that takes 3 hours time to repair. The stock H-D replacement brackets will only keep failing making your dealer repair shop very, very happy to serve you. A welder could charge you $150 to beef up the brackets. There is a 30-minute aftermarket fix though offered by Bagger Parts that cost only $40
>>
>>
File: 780.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
780.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>14015187
i get asked that a lot.
>>
>>14015151
#1 and #2 look good. Don't use the helmet you're given. Try to look for a cbr250r with ABS
>>
46. Primary Case Oil Leaks? Yes, there are engine and transmission seals that can fail and leak oil into the primary chain case, but the chain case itself has gaskets that can fail and leak oil. It is just another weak design to be aware of. The primary gasket is easy to replace, but engine and transmission seals are not, so expect a big repair bill if those fail usually from overheating and the seals drying up. Use Harley-Davidson SYN3 oil in all three compartments as that oil has seal conditioners to prevent seals from drying out, cracking and leaking oil
>>
He's mad because i fucked his mum.
>>
File: 20150926_114707.jpg (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
20150926_114707.jpg
1MB, 1440x2560px
>>14015199
Just let him post m8. Shitposters are fueled by replies.
>>
>>14015211
47. Clutch basket on stock Twin-Cam engines are known to fail at the steel insert loosening and shearing off. You'll hear a rattling noise from the primary chain case before it fails completely. The cure is to replace the weak stock unit with the Barnett Performance Products Scorpion billet clutch basket. It is super strong so you won't tear it up even with a Stage 4 engine build. The clutch friction disks are also superior.
>>
>>14015162
Cruisers are fine but Harley is a shit company.
>>
>>
>>14015204
You are copying and pasting shit no one is reading or wants to read from a website that i have already linked more than once, You may as well just be dribbling shit onto your computer and posting pics of that at this point.
>>
>>14015217
48. Many Twin-Cam engines are having trouble with the foot/heel and toe shift lever cracking or stripping the shift shaft splines. This occurs even when not using a heel shifter (which are notorious for breaking and damaging the shift drum, transmission shifting forks, etc.) Your best bet is to not use the heel shifter and resort back to a higher quality toe shift lever. Baker makes a good one that will not break the shifter lever or strip the transmission shaft spline.

>>14015213
at least harley didnt fucked mue by selling me a piece of shit!
>>
File: 3963257942_9dc07529a2_o.jpg (368KB, 1024x681px) Image search: [Google]
3963257942_9dc07529a2_o.jpg
368KB, 1024x681px
>>14015214
o mein gott that tire is beefy af.
>>
>>
>>14015226
49. A new engine defect for 2014 model year Twin-Cam engine is a baffle has been placed inside the crankcase to prevent oil pumping/sloshing, but the oil is being flung by the crankshaft with centrifugal force that will starve the scavenging oil pump from returning oil back to the oil reservoir. This defect is new and not yet verified in the USA, but in France and Europe it is getting attention on non-USA websites. Engine defects are generally kept hidden from the public by manufacturers and motorcycle magazines until a fix is perfected. I was informed a aftermarket company has already come up with a repair. I also assume, at this point which may not be accurate, that the defect only affects the big 113 c.u. Twin-Cam engines. I will update this article item as the defect becomes proven. Since Twin-Cam engines have always had crankcase scavenging problems, it makes sense the 113 c.u. engine is going to make it fierce to control the oil collecting in the crankcase. Just another good reason to buy a Sportster 1200 Custom model and be done with it. That's what I did. It makes sense to ride with peace of mind and money saved than to keep on paying to have your Twin Cam engine fixed.
>>
File: VR1000_4.jpg (49KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
VR1000_4.jpg
49KB, 500x375px
>>
>>14015232
50. Oil Pump: Newer Twin-Cam engines also have oil pump problems if ridden hard or the engine has been modified. The problem is not only the oil pump's pressure side, but the suction evacuation side become overwhelmed and can not remove the oil fast enough from the crankcase. If oil accumulates in the crankcase a piston can hydraulic the oil and the motor will grenade. The cure is to replace the oil pump with a higher capacity pump such as a Fueling high performance oil pump. Specify the year of your Twin-Cam engine and modifications made to the engine and Fueling will tell you which oil pump to install. If you see excessive oil build-up in the cylinder head breathers it is a sign you should back off the throttle and ride with less aggression or get a new oil pump.
>>
File: DSC_0299.jpg (316KB, 1600x1064px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0299.jpg
316KB, 1600x1064px
>at least harley didnt fucked mue by selling me a piece of shit!
Sorry m8, i didnt knew she was ur mum.
>>
File: SAM_0416_2000x1500.jpg (712KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
SAM_0416_2000x1500.jpg
712KB, 2000x1500px
>>14015227
180/55ZR17 BB
>>
>>14015238
51. Oil Pressure: Twin-Cam engines have a devastating defect in the cam plate's oil pressure relief valve. This valve should open at 55 psi and be fully open at 62 psi, but too many engines lose oil pressure due to the valve failing and opening at just 20 psi. When this happens the engine is starved of oil and is ruined. To fix this problem you need to tap in a new ball valve into the cam plate body which will create a new valve seat and then retest the oil pressure. A goofy fix for a goofy problem. A real cure is to use Axtell Mountain Motor Twin-Cam Oil Bypass Valve. You can expect higher, more stable oil pressure at all engine rpm's, longer oil life due to reduced oil shear, lower oil and engine temperature, improved valve train control and reduced noise all for less than $100 for the kit. Zippers also sells the kit.
>>
>>
File: 14045617935_fde8a6c18c_o.jpg (569KB, 1613x1201px) Image search: [Google]
14045617935_fde8a6c18c_o.jpg
569KB, 1613x1201px
>>14015243
damn nigger mines only a 110/90R16
>>
>>
>>14015241
that doesnt make any fucking sense

how am I going to buy my mum, if I ever wanted to buy a mum, I would buy because she is a massive slut!

just ask her how many times I've fucked her faget! alsmots as many times as harley fucked each of its cutomers

52. Harley-Davidson uses inferior roller bearings inside the Twin-Cam engine and these cheap bearings do fail. You will notice when you buy upgraded engine components new Torrington and Timken branded bearings are included. Those bearings are much stronger higher-grade and way more reliable than stock Harley-Davidson bearings. Those weak stock bearings are everywhere to be found inside the Twin-Cam engine, crankcase, primary, cam chest, transmission and swingarm. To replace and upgrade all of the bearings would cost a small fortune in labor, so it is out of the question for most riders. Keep this weak bearing problem in mind when buying a Harley-Davidson motorcycle. Sportster's do not have bearing failure problems, but Twin-Cam engines do. Using oil additives should be used in the Twin-Cam engine (and all other Harley-Davidson models too) to prolong engine life.
>>
>>14015209
think it's worth it for $300 to get the 2012 rather than 2010?
>>
File: 20151205_185652.jpg (561KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
20151205_185652.jpg
561KB, 1600x1200px
>>14015214
Are they wet weather tyres?
I tried going for a ride in the wet the other day with these and damned slidey lol
>>14015218
I know they are, Harley specifically designs them to be shit from the factory so that your $28,000 bike turns into a $38,000 bike once you have put all the after market parts you need on it.
>>
>>14014744
>on lams
>cant pick between cb400 and drz400
>street hoon or everywhere hoon
>>
>>14015252
Them pipes look sexy
>>
File: harley-davidson-v-rod-vrscb-05.jpg (173KB, 1600x1213px) Image search: [Google]
harley-davidson-v-rod-vrscb-05.jpg
173KB, 1600x1213px
>I would buy because she is a massive slut!
Thats why fucked her m8.
>>
>>14015127
That wasn't me in the sticker thread.

No real story he got jumped leaving a restaurant by some people who don't like him very much.
>>
>>14015263
>street hoon fast
>everywhere hoon

I dunno, with some mods you can hoon on the street pretty quickly with a drz.
>>
File: P1040908.jpg (196KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
P1040908.jpg
196KB, 1024x768px
>>
File: _DSC4575_2000x1331.jpg (577KB, 2000x1331px) Image search: [Google]
_DSC4575_2000x1331.jpg
577KB, 2000x1331px
>>14015262
They are supposed to be 90/10 offroad tires. My favorite wet weather tires thus far: Metzeler Lazertecs
>>
File: 15720741807_9959a87dd5_o.jpg (4MB, 2850x1872px) Image search: [Google]
15720741807_9959a87dd5_o.jpg
4MB, 2850x1872px
>>14015270
the whole bike is m8
>tfw no 6 cyl superbike
>>
>>14015271
>fucking his own mum

what an absolute inbreed degenerate you are

no wonder you like harleys faget

53. The Twin-Cam engine cam support plate has a bronze sleeve bushing bearing that can wear out prematurely and will wear out real fast once crankshaft pinion shaft run-out (shaft-hop) reaches its limit. Believe me, even if you have gear driven cams in the Twin-Cam engine, disaster is still just around the corner as the crankshaft pinion shaft begins its wobbling dance and those gears will clash and they can break ruining the entire engine. The same is true with chain-driven hydraulic cam chain tensioners... those plastic tensioners are still there and they are still wearing out, so nothing has been fixed except the system will fail later on down the road at around 70,000 miles or so. The cure? There is no cure. But you can avoid disaster by inspecting the cam support bearings and cam chain followers and inspect gear-driven cams for wear and tear along with measuring pinion gear run-out. To ignore these items is flirting with disaster as they are weak point defects in the Twin-Cam engine. You may not hear any warning noise before the engine grenades.
>>
>>14015261
It doesn't really matter. Check both out and buy the one that runs better and looks like it's in better nick.
Refer to >>10361928 for references sheet
>>
>>14015273
oh fug

That's a criminal offense, you got his 6 m8?

he just not a likeable dude?
their loss
>>
File: Harley-Davidson_VR_1000_1994.jpg (145KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Harley-Davidson_VR_1000_1994.jpg
145KB, 1024x768px
>>
File: a0159525_13341763.jpg (191KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
a0159525_13341763.jpg
191KB, 1024x768px
>>
Who are some good motovloggers?

SerpentZA (Confirmed For Chinese Spy)
JakeTheAutisticSneak
DontHaveAnySelfAwarenessWithDanAndInjureYourselfByNotWearingGearLikeAFuckingRetardOnANewBike (pic related)
spicy110 (can't think of anything to hate on him for)
6Foot4Genericasfuck
CycleNigger
>>
File: CB400 handlebar cam.webm (3MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
CB400 handlebar cam.webm
3MB, 720x404px
>>14015263
Two words, Hyper VTEC.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHEspvB0gBU
>>
>>14015289
He's an ass but most people like him.

Warrant out for their arrest now.
>>
File: harley-davidson-vr-1000-2.jpg (134KB, 1044x672px) Image search: [Google]
harley-davidson-vr-1000-2.jpg
134KB, 1044x672px
>>
>>14015301
anyone that doesnt ride a harley
>>
File: post-4-1309186667.jpg (378KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
post-4-1309186667.jpg
378KB, 1024x768px
>>
>>14015304
ayy that's the way

everybody is an ass at times, but I tend to like em for who they are.

wat u doin up at 0200 bruv

running to elektra with your enfield?
>>
File: 1446842550843.jpg (1MB, 1952x3264px) Image search: [Google]
1446842550843.jpg
1MB, 1952x3264px
>>14015307
>I have a real bike, a Harley
>>
>>14015301
Memeriffic
But the best are Manletcraft Nottingham and Baron von Grumbdad
>>
>>14015301
Not a vlogger but schaaf is mint, he actually goes out riding not filtering in city traffic and he is actually a really nice guy to talk to.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zj8ciysoXj8
>>
>>14015314
I'm always up now.

I'm installing the mod now though
>>
File: DSC_0051.jpg (2MB, 3104x1746px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0051.jpg
2MB, 3104x1746px
>>14015227
U liek mein m8?
>>
File: Barber-Museum.jpg (1MB, 1600x1094px) Image search: [Google]
Barber-Museum.jpg
1MB, 1600x1094px
>>14015301
>subdelinquent
>M13 is a pedophile
>Biker bits is cool, but not much vlogging.
>baron is kool
>>
File: vloggers.jpg (777KB, 3037x1325px) Image search: [Google]
vloggers.jpg
777KB, 3037x1325px
>>14015301
forgot the pic, but seriously fucking idiot riding without gloves, what the fuck was he thinking?

ALWAYS WEAR GEAR

i don't care how hot it is, it's hotter when your bear skin is scraping off on the road at however many klicks an hour.

yes, even on scooters, wear gear
>>
File: Harley-VR-1000-1.jpg (1MB, 2272x1704px) Image search: [Google]
Harley-VR-1000-1.jpg
1MB, 2272x1704px
>>
File: anime reaction face.png (2MB, 1889x1385px) Image search: [Google]
anime reaction face.png
2MB, 1889x1385px
>>14015335

>M13 is a pedophile

what
>>
>>14015328
oh ok

have fun, gotta finish some stuff off and guess I'm pulling an all nighter tonight

gonna start seeing people running through the empty halls kek, or prob cars driving down the fucking sidewalks or some shit
>>
>>14015331
insert weiners into exhaust pipe
>>
File: yahari_11_16_hikigaya.jpg (31KB, 680x382px) Image search: [Google]
yahari_11_16_hikigaya.jpg
31KB, 680x382px
>>14014785
Honda, stahp.
>>
File: 1280px-Harley-Davidson_RR.jpg (339KB, 1280x900px) Image search: [Google]
1280px-Harley-Davidson_RR.jpg
339KB, 1280x900px
>>14015342
There was evidence, even police files, some anon even posted some stuff about it.
>>
>>14015344
I can't find my headset.

I hope you get some rest mang. Mokrbof that sounds pleasant
>>
File: krtt.jpg (406KB, 1600x1405px) Image search: [Google]
krtt.jpg
406KB, 1600x1405px
>>
File: DSC_0304.jpg (3MB, 3104x1746px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0304.jpg
3MB, 3104x1746px
>>14015345
I did

>>14015337
Gear order:
Helmet
Gloves
Boots
Earplugs
Jacket
Pants
>>
File: Bike launch.webm (2MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Bike launch.webm
2MB, 960x540px
>>14015301
3 I watch are

Baron Von Grumble/44 teeth, for actually being able to ride/not an idiot, 44 teeth is outstandingly high quality content.

Ariderslife, because he is a cool dude.

Enduro kex (does this count) because pic related.

99.995% of motovloggers will actually lower your intelligence and riding capability if you watch them.
>>
File: 20151210_190831[1].jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20151210_190831[1].jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>14015337
Post gloves time?
>>
>>14015359
Thanks man, you gotta yell at noobs on the other side of concrete walls somehow.

I'll sleep when I die

Have you any pics of yur battulstashun?
>>
File: shock.jpg (123KB, 1135x891px) Image search: [Google]
shock.jpg
123KB, 1135x891px
>>14015364
>have no boots
>have no earplugs
>wear everything else every ride

am i playing with fire?
>>
>>14015380
u wear an eyepatch when you ride?
>>
File: DSC_0305.jpg (2MB, 3104x1746px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0305.jpg
2MB, 3104x1746px
>>14015366
>>14015301
Ah yes. Also secret garden project (now adventure OZ) and his cross training channel

>>14015368
Only pic I have with glove visible
>>
File: XR1200-Series.jpg (199KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
XR1200-Series.jpg
199KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>14015301
6Foot4Honda is a horrible fucking squid.
Doesn't wear a riding jacket of any kind, just a long sleeve shirt.
>>
File: tfw grom.jpg (306KB, 892x892px) Image search: [Google]
tfw grom.jpg
306KB, 892x892px
>>14015385
forgot about that, make that 4 I guess.
>>
File: BBQ_1024x768_6.jpg (127KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
BBQ_1024x768_6.jpg
127KB, 1024x768px
>>
File: tfw_no_twostroke.jpg (50KB, 848x464px) Image search: [Google]
tfw_no_twostroke.jpg
50KB, 848x464px
>>14015392
Lrn from da beast
>>
>>
File: street_750_hotbike.jpg (136KB, 1200x658px) Image search: [Google]
street_750_hotbike.jpg
136KB, 1200x658px
>>
>>14015372
What the fuck did my keyboard do.

>battle station

Kek.

A 28in 4k monitor on my kitchen counter and the computer on the floor where I was building it
>>
File: Harley XR1200 2.jpg (170KB, 1680x1460px) Image search: [Google]
Harley XR1200 2.jpg
170KB, 1680x1460px
>>
>>14015411
hoh lee fuk you're the second person I've chatted to online who has that besides a dude I know irl.
Is it really as good as they say? unless I'm seeing a lot of those-styled hard drive trays

>28in 4k monitor
uuggg mad jelly.
Gonna hook up some blue lights in that? Do a little LED strip around that clear window?
>>
File: DSC_0209.jpg (1MB, 3104x1746px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0209.jpg
1MB, 3104x1746px
>>14015411
Not him but my battlestation
>geforce 8600gt
>core I3 3.2 GHz dual core
>Full HD monitor
I haven't played a game in native resolution since 2008
>>
>>14015426
nice nice, I respect that
>>
>>14015426
holy shit what is that game I swear I've played it before
>>
The bowl of my carb was plastered with red locktite so that it was basically glued. How do I clean it without fucking with the rubber gasket?
Should I even clean it?
>>
>>14015421
>Is it really as good as they say?

Wot
Its a horrendous pile of shit case. It was meant to be a cheap version of pic related, but they are literally nothing alike.
>>
>>14015432
>holy shit what's her last name I swear I know her
>>14015436
aye that's the one I'm thinking of
there's a fuckin slick operator looking case I'd love but can't consider due to budget, finding pic now
>>
>>14015421
It's already lit up.

I think it's pretry good
>>
File: DSC_0211.jpg (1MB, 3104x1746px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0211.jpg
1MB, 3104x1746px
>>14015432
1nsane, also known as "you're gonna roll your car simulator 2000"
Great game. Played the whole thing before I realized the airplane I was looking for is a mod
>>
File: Small (1 of 10) G.jpg (64KB, 565x507px) Image search: [Google]
Small (1 of 10) G.jpg
64KB, 565x507px
>>14015440
nice.

Corsair C70 vengeance

The only reason being it'd match all my shit and would blend in with my ammo boxes lel
>>
>>14015450
Those side panel latches are really nice. Corsair makes some decent cases.
>>
>>14015450
Samsungs auto correct is shit.

I apologize for my spelling.

Nice case, what are you running
>>
>>14014785
Hi /dbt/
I just got an old Honda bike from the early eighties and I want a full face helmet.
The pastebin is empty... where does /o/ usually buy motorcycle helmets?
In addition, are their types of helmets better for people with long thick curly hair ?
>>
>>14015454
That they do. I'm rocking a tricked out cooler master haf 912, it was the shit when I built it back in '11, just adding things here and there to it.
wish it had handles, but it has a comfy spot I can put a joystick or my wallet + cell
>>14015456
pic is not my case, but it's one I'd get if I wasn't after a bike.
>>
>>14015458
Wear a Balaclava
REEEEEEEvzilla, but go to a local store to find a fitting helmet. I personally like nolan helmets because they're comfy and easy to zip up with gloves on
>>
File: vlcsnape.png (623KB, 800x441px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnape.png
623KB, 800x441px
Wish me luck at my interview fellas. Gonna also ask my instructor for a date for my A2 today

get hype
Angry cyclops semi related
>>
>>14015461
Oh.

Still nice case.

The only complaint I have about mine is how heavy it is
>>
>>14015474
thanks. Yeah mine clocks in around 35lbs.
>>14015470
aww, wranon on a date, cute. gl tho m8

alright I gotta finish this paper and then get studying, will ttyl chicagonon
>>
File: DSC_0314.jpg (4MB, 3104x1746px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0314.jpg
4MB, 3104x1746px
>>14015470
Somewhat less angry chink cyclops says hi
>>
>>14015477
47 here.

I've given up on finding my headset

I guess I'll go pick one up tomorrow
>>
>>14015482
47, wtf. Hell no.

gl m8 and gnite
>>
File: vlcsnap.png (649KB, 687x442px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap.png
649KB, 687x442px
>>14015481
Ayy off road Poland anon

>>14015477
> date
Lel it's a job interview
>>
>>14015485
See ya mang
>>
File: 1445651242845.jpg (1MB, 2957x1959px) Image search: [Google]
1445651242845.jpg
1MB, 2957x1959px
>>14015498
o7
>>
>>14015440
>blue led
>plexiglass window
I remember building my first comp in 2008 and trying to get as many led lights as I could to fit in there. I totally didn't account for how damn bright it would be in the dark.
>>
File: DSC_0341.jpg (3MB, 3104x1746px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0341.jpg
3MB, 3104x1746px
>>14015488
It's the closest you will ever come to a date.
Also turns out your baby brother is going to my school
>>
>>14015301
Berad moto is pretty good for general supermoto hooning.
>>
File: 123.jpg (2MB, 2500x1406px) Image search: [Google]
123.jpg
2MB, 2500x1406px
Nobody warned me about these winter feels, leaving your bike behind going to work in this shitty weather...
>>
File: DSC_0331.jpg (1MB, 3104x1746px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0331.jpg
1MB, 3104x1746px
>>14015539
>implying
>>
File: IMG_2044.jpg (572KB, 2000x1347px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2044.jpg
572KB, 2000x1347px
pmb in dbt
>>
>>14015511
Came with the leds.
Also green and red and strobe.

It's not that bad in the dark actually
>>
>>14015595
>CAN'T WAKE UP.JPG
>>
File: fayzur.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
fayzur.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
rate my bike dbt
>>
>>14015661
torque? Never heard of it/10
>>
>>14015513
Fugg :^(

Tfw no two stroke
>>
>>14015668
who is this semen demon
>>
>>14015669
Ur mum
>>
File: vlcsnap~01.png (423KB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap~01.png
423KB, 800x480px
>>14015669
My gf ;^)
>>
File: P1000343.jpg (160KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
P1000343.jpg
160KB, 1024x768px
>>14015668
I know dat feel im trying to convince my dad to swap me his 300 for my 450 atm
>>
>>14015029
Its the truth m8
>>
>>14015468
okay thanks
i'll start searching for a store near me.
Nolan helmets?
okay noted
>>14014785
uhh sorry i didn't mean to quote you in>>14015458
wasn't paying attention
>>
>>14015706
It is.
Harley fanboys are the most delusional. At least Ducati fans go in expecting maintenance to be a fact of life, but then again Ducati is still providing power and performance in their bikes. Harley just delivers you a pile of dog shit with a particular exhaust note that inexperienced assholes think "real bikes" should sound like.

Personally I blame Orange County Choppers on the discovery channel for rekindling America's obsession with shitty bikes.
>>
>>14015713
who ever said i like harleys?
everyone on dbt knows they are shit bikes... see >>14015262 for my opinion on them.
I was just over him spamming posts off that website after i pointed out he was doing that and posted the website for people to go to.
>>
File: DSC_0287.jpg (579KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0287.jpg
579KB, 1280x720px
>>14015710
They work for me, might not work for you. Don't take my word for gospel
>>
File: Shoei GT air VS HJC FG17.jpg (288KB, 880x1408px) Image search: [Google]
Shoei GT air VS HJC FG17.jpg
288KB, 880x1408px
>>14015458
I recommend the HJC FG-17
>>
File: 1442099367108.jpg (12KB, 364x282px) Image search: [Google]
1442099367108.jpg
12KB, 364x282px
>just notoiced holes in my project bikes exhaust
>>
VicCB400f is the new victorian ninja650 crash anon.
>>
File: DSC_0058.jpg (2MB, 3104x1746px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0058.jpg
2MB, 3104x1746px
>>14015729
Is it a hole on the bottom that drains water? If yes then lower the rage of your bosoms
>>
>>14015733
It's just something in the water in Victoria.
>>
File: 1448385253046s.jpg (3KB, 124x111px) Image search: [Google]
1448385253046s.jpg
3KB, 124x111px
>>14015729
>mfw my project bikes exhaust is just a hole
>>
>>14015735
Top side of one of the pipes. It's just corroded through. Might be some of the bottom too. Going to take it off and have a look see.
>>
>>14015151

Get something older senpai. An older Ninja 250 would be best for a poorfag
>>
>>14015733
wasnt he the dickhead that had a ninja 650 for a first bike, de restricted it because he thought he was a legend then crashed and couldnt get paid out for insurance?
>>
>>14015301
Suburban Delinquent for hooliganism and good food in cali.
Yourpalschrisandal for fucken sick cunts.
Royal Jordanian for sick braps and generally entertaining videos without some cunt with ADHD rambling for 15 minutes.
>>
what are you getting your bike for xmas?
>tank bag
>spark plugs
>tires
>>
Is duch450S here?
Soon you will hear the roar of my baiku...
Sysl he asked me to film the sound...
>>
>>14015760
A friend, hopefully
allegro.pl/show_item.php?item=5849404702#thumb/2
>>
>>14015755
he was also a mouthy, cocky cunt who don't know when to shut the fuck up.
>>
>>14015760
>exhaust
>speedometer
>indicators
>rear/brake light
>rear mudguard
>handlebars
>etc.

Gonna spend a lot of money (and already have), but I'm basically building it from the scratch.
>>
File: NUDAbro.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
NUDAbro.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
Spotted a Nuda today. Didn't look as nice in person.
>>
>>14015771
So what you are saying is you think i am a mouthy, cocky cunt who doesn't know when to shut the fuck up and i am going to crash my bike due to inexperience then?
>>
>>14015769
nice
>>14015773
what bike?
>>14015786
wow it looks like you cant even 2 up. wha'ts that on his tank?
>>
>>14015787
Well that's like your own opinion, man.
No need to be so hard on yourself.
>>
>>14015755
This >>14015771
>>
File: IMG_20151210_110927030_HDR.jpg (1MB, 1456x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151210_110927030_HDR.jpg
1MB, 1456x2592px
>>14015760
>xmas

Gah, I just spent ~250€ on chain/sprockets, cush drive and bearings, plus oil, filter and some brake pads. Bike is tractoring along very nicely now.

I wanted to get an aftermarket exhaust but itll it'll have to wait until spring probably. And I wanted a big nice trunk too, but muh moniez.

Also,

>M
>E
>M
>E
>S
>>
>>14015801
Was a tank bag.
>>
>>14015809
memes on top of memes, it must be hard to contain your power level when you ride that bike.
>>
>>14015802
What else could comparing me to him mean, he was a complete fucking douche bag so that is just a tad harsh lol
>>
>>14015760
a new bike, if I can pull it off
calling seller now
>>
File: noXT.jpg (81KB, 589x621px) Image search: [Google]
noXT.jpg
81KB, 589x621px
>>14015829
That is noice to hear
>>
Post riding music

https://youtu.be/T278jD6QPok
>>
>>14015856
my engine :,)
>>>859606
>>
>>14015865
aww i am tarded.
>>>/wsg/859606
>>
File: tfw no tenere.jpg (74KB, 720x758px) Image search: [Google]
tfw no tenere.jpg
74KB, 720x758px
>>14015832
>>
>>14015865
That doesn't sound like wolle Petry
>>
>>14015869
>>14015832

I don't see the problem here. Is it that your upset you can't plant both your feet? I don't know anyone who can plant their feet flat on the ground on an enduro of sumo. Or is there something I'm missing?
>>
>>14015880
We (offroad 250 and cb450s) are both missing the bike
>>
>kinda feel like going out
>kinda dont

HEEEEELP
>>
>>14015891
Kill yourself
>>
>>14015888
Me too
>>
>>14015894
Who are you
>>
>>14015832
>>14015869
Cycle ergo says I cannot flat foot my V-Strom. When barefoot I can't but once I have boots on it is easy to flat foot.

You would be fine on them
>>
File: P1140447_nocycleman.jpg (2MB, 2200x1650px) Image search: [Google]
P1140447_nocycleman.jpg
2MB, 2200x1650px
>>14015895
I'm the cook
>>
>>14015898
But you're not getting a 660
>>
File: fuck.png (273KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.png
273KB, 680x680px
>lets take this thing off the bike
>get correct wrench
>start turning bolt anticlockwise
>"holy shit it's stuck tight"
>just gotta pull harder
>schwing! sheared the bolt in half
>"guess it was really rusted in there, oh well"
>try the one on the other side
>"fuck this is stuck too"
>schwing! another bolt sheared
>"shit, no going back now"
>place wrench on third bolt and suddenly think to myself
>"these bolts are pointing towards me... so to loosen them... I actually need to turn clockwise...
>mfw realising what I just did
I don't deserve to live nevermind wrench.
>>
>>14015909
L -> links
L -> lösen

>>14015900
w-why not?
>>
>>14015914
Y-you told us just yesterday that you're not
>>
>>14015915
Sheeeiiit what did I say exactly
Nugget I remember nothing
>>
>>14015920
archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/14008791/#14009698
I took from the context of what you said
>>
>>14015891
>go out
>reach higway
>fuck this shit it's too cold
>go back home

Maybe I'll be productive tomorrow.
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 151

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.