[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AUTO ENTHUSIASTS THREAD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9

File: cool automatic.jpg (60KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
cool automatic.jpg
60KB, 640x480px
Anyone else an Automatic enthusiast? I enjoy driving different auto boxes and figuring out their tendencies and nuances. There's gotta be other people like me. Also all autos welcome

>Torque Converter
>CVT
>DCT
>>
>>14002105

Any deviation among automatics is probably just caused by shitty design or it being almost broken.

Not the kind of thing worth being enthusiastic about, but you already know that.
>>
Of course.

Automatic transmissions are more enjoyable to drive because they let you focus on the thrill of driving and the road ahead instead of focusing on operating the clutch and shifting gears. On public roads you should focus on the road with both hands on the wheel. Not steering with one hand wondering what gear your in or what rpm to switch to.
>>
>I enjoy driving different auto boxes

You're not driving anything, you're steering
>>
>>14002148
be prepare for a booty blasting that is sure to come my friend
>>
>>14002148
>gaurenteed replies

Are you retarded?
>>
File: 1tGq7B5.jpg (59KB, 480x726px) Image search: [Google]
1tGq7B5.jpg
59KB, 480x726px
>>14002148
I know this is b8 but
>thinking about shifting
>>
File: 1448696216288.gif (2MB, 154x273px) Image search: [Google]
1448696216288.gif
2MB, 154x273px
>>14002105
>>14002224

If you don't know what Turbo Hydramatic is than get the fuck out right now.
>>
File: CE65CFXUkAE4t9X.jpg (22KB, 575x323px) Image search: [Google]
CE65CFXUkAE4t9X.jpg
22KB, 575x323px
what the fuck is happening
>>
File: no clutch.jpg (115KB, 435x580px) Image search: [Google]
no clutch.jpg
115KB, 435x580px
>>14002246
>>
Can automatic transmissions be used for rallying?
>>
>>14002148
I hate switching rpms.
>>
>>14002148
Mmmm copy pasta
>>
I love rebuilding my automatic transmission every month, not like I needed that money for anything else, probably would spend it on something stupid like food or paying the bills.
>>
This is the equivalent of BBC/cukc threads on /b/.
>>
>>14002105
Mr2 autobox is GOAT
>>
File: image.jpg (72KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72KB, 650x366px
>>14002105
Oh look. A thread i can finally participate in
>>
I will say that the AW11 had a really good sport mode for it's auto tranny. Leaps and bounds better than the laughable shit you'd find in a slushbox civic.
>>
>>14003267
>rebuilding an auto transmission
>every month

What are you doing? Draining all of the fluid and driving until the transmission explodes?
>>
>>14002148
But driving on public roads is boring if all you have to do is push the gas and steer. There's a reason texting and driving is so common in the US: everyone is bored out of their minds driving automatics.
>>
>>14002105
You're on your own cunt
>>
I love how easy it is. Also why would I want to drive manual? I don't want to grab a shaft that resembles a penis.
>>
>>14005885
>politicians always trying to curb texting while driving
>make manuals popular and mainstream again
>problem instantly solved
>>
>>14002148

Fuck off with the pasta.

>>14003267

What >>14005812 said. Your trans should not be a concern unless you dun goofed.

---

I own a manual now, but my last car was an automatic, and at the risk of mad h8, I will say I enjoyed it. I do love the fun and greater level of control of standard, but I also like the ease and laziness of an auto. And I had learned the speeds (yes, speeds, not RPMs - odd I know) at which that trans shifted both up and down. It was especially neat locking it into lower gears and knowing at what speeds it would downshift (locking into 3 would downshift instantly into 3rd but would shift into 2nd later on). It's been a while since I've driven auto now, but I don't hate it like some people do.

But I wouldn't call myself an automatic enthusiast.
>>
>>14005885
that's just natural selection doing its job
>>
>>14006478

>Implying

I grew up in a small town where almost every single teenage girl drove a manual GM shitbox of some variety. Not only were they all adept at texting, driving and shifting at the same time but they could drink alcohol quite effectively while doing so
>>
>>14006478

While I agree that texting and driving is clearly a major issue, I fail to see how your idea would have anything more than a negligible effect, if any. You make it sound as if you are shifting constantly while driving, making it impossible to text. Not even close. Most of the time, you are not shifting. There is plenty of time to text.
>>
>>14006467
Why are you projecting that a shifter looks like a penis? Sounds like you secretly enjoy cock anon, not surprising for an automatic owner.
>>
>>14006478

>primarily straight or close enough to straight road
>staying in top gear 90% of the time
>majority of the population can't even keep in their lane in the best scenario anyway

For most of America it won't make a damn difference
>>
>>14006543
If I enjoyed penis that much I'd drive a manual. Unlike you who just holds the shaft without thinking twice about it.
>>
>>14006500
>Texting drivers only ever kill themselves with their negligent behaviour
>>
>There's gotta be other people like me.
yes, here >>>/lgbt/
>>
>>14007952
Underrated post
>>
>>14008152
Is there any logical reason why you would fucking say that post is underrated? Has anybody expressed any kind of dissatisfaction or criticism at all against it? Are you delusional? Are you reading replies that are nonexistant? Maybe you come from communities with voting systems, but there is literally no way that you could know what other people think of that post you just replied to here. Maybe it's psychological. Maybe it's your own post you're replying to, like a 12 year old fucktard liking his own facebook posts thinking his swelling autism is going unnoticed. Maybe your self esteem depends on you tricking yourself into thinking someone out there thinks your post is worth something. Or maybe you are just a retard, the worst kind of retard, the one who thinks he's smart, the one who thinks he's the only one to have gotten the joke, to have understood the post. Well, guess what, faggot, that post is by no definition underrated so why don't you do the world a favour and go check out what the bottom of your toilet smells like?
>>
>>14008179
Underrated post.
>>
>>14008179
Im saving this
>>
>>14008179
Underrated lad.
>>
File: image.jpg (15KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15KB, 200x200px
>>14005885
>There's a reason texting and driving is so common in the US
Correlation does not equal causation
>>
>>14008179
Seriously under-rated post right here.
>>
>>14003229
>Man shining a fucking flashlight at the floorboard instead of just illustrating the pedals brighter.
>>
File: 90eaed845f[1].png (1MB, 1319x479px) Image search: [Google]
90eaed845f[1].png
1MB, 1319x479px
I think autoboxes are a cool piece of engineering and we should further development of them.
I just don't want to own one.
>>
File: baard.png (773KB, 805x757px) Image search: [Google]
baard.png
773KB, 805x757px
Yuropoor here
I love the CVT transmission in my Audi A4 b7 daily.
Never experienced anything quite like the comfort a CVT gives you, you don't feel the (even milisecond) loss of power when another automatic would change gear.
The downside is it'll probably break one day and cost me 3k€.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.