[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a more terrible road user than a bicycle rider?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 11

File: push bikes are for morons.png (248KB, 587x357px) Image search: [Google]
push bikes are for morons.png
248KB, 587x357px
Is there a more terrible road user than a bicycle rider?
>>
>>13887453
Other drivers are far more of a nuisance/danger.
>>
Drivers who get analblasted from bikers
>>
>>13887453
Is it OK if I ride a bicycle in the mountains on dirt trails? I promise to never ride on the street.
>>
>>13887465
>>>/n/ is that way if you want your MUH CAGER echo chamber

Anyway, women drivers in general.
>>
>>13887453
On the one hand, they're pretty annoying

On the other hand, they make a noticeable difference in traffic (at least in my city) and they're way less likely to kill me when they fuck up compared to another car.
>>
>>13887483
That difference would remain if they were to have a motorbike. And they'd also be more stable and quick, both due to the engine.

Plus due to the engine noise they wouldn't ride three abreast on a thin country road because they want to talk about how much of a trio of cunts they are.
>>
>>13887483
the bicycle riders are more suicidal in my city

riding against the traffic makes them invisible to drivers getting in the street
>>
>>13887477
It was fun biking to work all summer, it was a 10min bike or a 10min drive because I couldn't cut through the bus gate. All cars were terrified I'm going to be an asshole so they stopped way to early and let me go.
but its only nice for like 5 months where I live
>>
>>13887453
BMW drivers
>>
>>13887453
I think the main thrust behind your reasoning is that the nature of a bike does not necessitate knowledge of the road code
however being on a bike requires a different set of skills chief among witch is the ability to be aware of and predict traffic flow

as for bad drivers
>old
>Asian
>woman
the paragon of inattentive driving as they barely even notice the road let alone anything on it
reckless drivers are another thing all together as they act on limited information and over very short time spans

by far the most irreverent behaviour I have seen are motorcyclists and courier van drivers
with special mention going to drivers with hats or sunglasses
>>
Nigger drivers are the worst
>>
>>13887453
Old people.
Women.
Non whites.
Southerners.
>>
File: eanz7sI.png (217KB, 476x310px) Image search: [Google]
eanz7sI.png
217KB, 476x310px
>>
>>13887453
Just like how most of the drivers who are out there suck at driving, most of the cyclist out there suck at cycling.I try to stay the fuck away from other bikers when I'm out. Those fucking wanna be fucks who spend 2k on a bike just to support some cancer race are the worst.
>>
Damn bikers, sometimes they're vehicles, sometimes they're pedestrians.
>>
>>
>bikers are not mandated training or licensing to use roads, but car drivers are
>bikers are meant to know and follow all local road traffic laws, but there is no legal requirement for them to prove they know road theory because they don't need a license
>bikers don't need insurance to cover at minimum any affected third parties, but car drivers do
Bikes should not be on the road in my opinion.
>>
>>13887453
Asian women drivers, death incarnate on the road.
>>
Biker=\=bicyclist

I'm a biker and I hate bicycles,
>>
>>13887990
The mistake most people make about cyclists is to assume they don't also own cars, because they generally do.

Sorry mate, cyclists are drivers with one more hobby than you :^)
>>
>>13887805

How hilarious it would be if that dumbfuck got rear-ended and the car was relatively fine but the bike got crushed
>>
File: jersey.jpg (968KB, 1200x795px) Image search: [Google]
jersey.jpg
968KB, 1200x795px
If you keep complaining on an anime imageboard maybe they'll go away
>>
>>13888406
>threatening to shoot someone if they honk at you
Like to see you try, run your ass over and blow your brains out in self defense mother fucker.
>>
>>13887453
Truckers in northcarolina. 2/3 trucks all throughout the day that i see have been stanced/lifted/added hydroelectric/given LEDs everywhere and never turn off their high beams. Also my favorite is slamming their breaks everytime they hit or are about to hit a break as well as trying to swing out the back when parking. Maybe its just my area thats like that.
>>
File: 20151119_141357[1].jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20151119_141357[1].jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>13887453
i got pic related back off my brother the other week, is that allowed?
>>
File: doge slayer.jpg (100KB, 815x626px) Image search: [Google]
doge slayer.jpg
100KB, 815x626px
>>13887942
>>13888787
>>
>>13887453
if you work close enough why not?

fuck mandatory insurance
>>
>Turning onto a one way street going 20 MPH
>Almost drive straight into a lance armstrong wannabe riding the wrong fucking way in the middle of the goddamn road
>Faggot gets all shouty at me like I'm at fault
>>
>>13887990
>getting hit by a bike is equivalent to getting hit by a car
you are one dumb son of a bitch
>>
>>13890206
Why does it have to be equivalent when it causes so many deaths?
>>
>>13887476
That's some pretty dank shit desu senpai.
>>
>>13890206
Bikes are a hazard, anything that forces me across the double yellows so I can go 55 in a 55 instead of 10 in a 55 is a hazard.
>>
>>13887453
The problem you're having isn't due to cyclists - it's due to assholes on two wheels. I'm fro the Netherlands, we have the natural layout (everything's flat), infrastructure (completely seperate cycling lanes), and most importantly, eduction for cycling. Education is especially important, already starting at a very young age, throughout primary school, to make sure kids acts safe on two wheels, and most generally stay riding safely. Even when they're not completely obeying the rules of traffic, they usually check if they're not impeding any motorised traffic, because that would be dangerous.

And then there's 80% of those spandex wearing assholes. God fucking dammit. Riding five abreast (when 2 is the limit), slow as fuck up a tiny hill, not indicating, not having any lights(front or rear), no bell to warn you they're coming if you're on a slower bike. Plain assholes. Pity on the countries that don't have a cycling infrastructure, and only have these faggots riding around.

>>13887990
See above, it really does work if you train people to use bicycles properly. The insurance point is kind of moot, you're not going to cause any material damage that's bad enough, and actual injuries can be covered via health insurance.

>>13890219
>it causes so many deaths?
You mean bicycles, or cars? Bicycles rarely cause any deaths.
>>
File: 71x9KD35qcL._SL1500_.jpg (91KB, 1500x640px) Image search: [Google]
71x9KD35qcL._SL1500_.jpg
91KB, 1500x640px
>>13890341
>bell to warn
I go one better
>>
File: Mobile_phone_timeline.png (1MB, 1200x722px) Image search: [Google]
Mobile_phone_timeline.png
1MB, 1200x722px
>>13887453
Anyfucker with one of these to hand.

Guns come a close second.
>>
>>13890341
>You mean bicycles, or cars? Bicycles rarely cause any deaths.

Just because the cyclist didn't kill someone by riding his bike into someone doesn't mean that when they get hit that they weren't at fault when they get hit. It always seems to be that the driver is at fault for hitting a cyclist when they do the dumbest shit known to man. I had a cyclist flick me off because I honked at him. I couldn't fucking get around because traffic was insane and he was blocking the road so I honked. He just looks at me for a minute, I honk again and he flicks me off and continues to hold up traffic.

I swear to fucking god if I had something in my car to throw at his ass as I passed him I would have hit him in his fucking head. I had previously thrown away my melted cup of McDonalds ice coffee I never finished, too. I still regret that to this day.
>>
>>13890389
Damn, I made some seriously redundant sentences there.
>>
>>13888857
>velo dog
you have good taste my fine sir.
>>
prius drivers
woman
old people
asians
asian women
black people
teenagers
bmw drivers
audi drivers
dykes in european cars
mexicans day laboror illegals
and bicyclists
>>
>no headlights
>no tail lights
>no brake lights
>no indicators
>no roadworthy test

dont even complain about weight. lithium batteries weigh next to nothing and LEDs dont use much charge, there is no genuine excuse.
if i can't legally ride a motocross bike on road then muh carbon fibre super light cant have extra wiring because racebike shouldnt be legal on road
>>
>>13890265
I agree completely. It's a major hazard having to cross into oncoming traffic just to make progress around those cunts.
>>
people in mini vans drive like shit
&
saturn drivers
>>
File: cycling_hand_signals_420x187.jpg (13KB, 420x187px) Image search: [Google]
cycling_hand_signals_420x187.jpg
13KB, 420x187px
>>13890951
>>no headlights
>>no tail lights
Agreed.
>>no brake lights
You need to slow down for cyclists anyways. Compared to a motorised vehicle, they're almost stationary objects, making brake lights kind of redundant.
>>no indicators
My indicators work fine. Pic related. Every road user should know these signals, including car drivers. They're quite handy when your actual indicators break down, and completely legal.
>>no roadworthy test
There should be a standard on what should and should not be on a bike, so mandatory brakes and lights, and no pointy objects, no loud mufflers on metovelo's etc., but I don't think a periodic inspection would make any sense. Just create a standard to which each cyclist should adhere, and make officers able to write fix-it tickets.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.