[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ohio state attack perpetrated by 19 year old Somali refugee;

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 1

File: skittles.png (286KB, 622x383px) Image search: [Google]
skittles.png
286KB, 622x383px
http://www.inquisitr.com/3752135/ali-muhammad-ohio-state-university-suspect-who-launched-knife-attack-identified-as-19-year-old-somali-refugee/

>Abdul Artan has been identified as the suspect who allegedly launched a car and knife attack on the Ohio State University campus on Monday, leaving nine people injured.

>The attack took place at 9:52 a.m., when police say the suspect plowed into pedestrians with a car and then exited with a butcher knife, stabbing several people, ABC News reported.
The suspect, who was killed by police during the attack, was identified hours after the attack took place. Reports indicate that Artan drove a car into a group of students who had left a school building following a fire drill, but it was not reported whether the suspect was responsible for triggering the alarm.

>There was some initial confusion about the suspect’s identity. Journalist Lisa Daftari reported that the suspect was named Ali Muhammad, who was 20 and a Somali-American, but others identified the suspect as 19-years-old and a refugee.
Poor leftards were hoping it was a white male, turns out to everyone's shock and horror the Religion of Peace was responsible again, and it was a refugee too. Just like Trump Jnr said. And he was lambasted for it by libtards. Do you guys want to apologize now?
>>
>>88290
>leftards
>leftists were hoping it was a white male
nice partisan hackery
>>>/pol/
>>
>>88291
Stop pretending you're some seeker of impartiality and truth and justice when there is a far bigger libcuckoldry bias on this board, evident in threads like >>88095 where left wingers throw hissy fits when someone mocks them

Just admit that you're a left wing spastic, probable virgin and have never had a job in your life
>>
>>88291
http://www.salon.com/2013/04/16/lets_hope_the_boston_marathon_bomber_is_a_white_american/

ayy lmao, fuck off back to plebbit you leftard
>>
>>88290
These refugees need to go back to their shitty countries and kill each other there
>>
>>88293
>>88294
>A retard once liked or said a thing I disagree with, therefore everyone I disagree with is retarded.

This is the equivalent to saying Trump is KKK because KKK members like him. If you don't like that argument, don't make that argument.
>>
>>88293
>Some people can't discuss politics unemotionally, therefore no-one can
Fuck off you peanut-brained mongrel
>>
>>88293
This board isn't for politics, it's for news

Go back to the politics board
>>>/pol/
>>
Watch libtards fall completely silent now about this now. Reminds me of those attacks on muslims in NYC which the libtard media tried to create an issue over until it turned out a spic was responsible
>>
>>88327
>>88330
Why aren't you protesting >>88095? Why don't left wing agenda pushing threads, of which there are many more on this board, push you over the edge like this one does?

It's almost like you have an agenda yourself. Go back to /r/politics cunt
>>
BAN CARS
BIN KNIVES
IMPORT RAPEFUGEES
>>
>>88334
Actually I just got unbanned.

>Go back to /r/politics
Way to miss the point, genois. This board isn't about partisan politics in the first place.
>>
>>88291
>>88297
if you're going to get triggered because someone connected the dots about left wing denial of islamic terror you probably shouldn't be on this website

>>>/r/shitredditsays may be a more suitable forum for you to air your greivances
>>
>>88343
You're the only one who is triggered here, /pol/. Just stop shitposting and start posting news articles that support your argument. That's the point of this board.
>>
>>88344
> start posting news articles that support your argument
inb4 breitbart
>>
>>88344
>start posting news articles that support your argument

What is the OP?
>>
>>88344
>this is how disconnected people are from reality

Time's up libshits
Your tyranny is crumbling before your eyes
>>
>>88347
>Inquisitr is an aggregate news and media website owned by Daniel Treisman, an Israeli businessman who relaunched the website in 2011. The site views itself as a 'multi-news aggregator' that publishes both trending news and original articles. The news website caters to a global audience, and its newly introduced slogan is "News Worth Sharing."

>The website states that it is an "internationally recognized news website read by more than 40 million unique visitors each month."

Good goy.
>>
>>88334
who says i'm not?
you're seriously so stupid, stop coming on this board and turning news into political shillint
>>
>>88348
>implying I'm an American
How is the search for a new bogeyman for /pol/ coming now that there is no more CTR? I was hoping they'd go back to blaming JIDF for everything.
>>
>>88343
Is pointing out bad reasoning a sign that I got "triggered"? I personally just feel a need to help bring people back to Earth because there's so much "those other guys are uniformly bad" bullshit.
>>
>>88290
If they only reported on the white guys committing the crimes, the news would get boring, amirite.
>>
>>88331
Sort of like when Clinton was winning, the media was acting like this was how it was supposed to go, then when trump won, the ENTIRE WORLD lost its shit.
>>
>>88351
>You're seriously so stupid
Wow, out of 'common sense,' out of political representatives, and out of insults.

Try again in 4 years. Let's just hope the actual working class doesn't blow you the fuck out again.

Fuck your hugging, fuck your handouts, fuck your multiculturalism, fuck your globalism, and fuck your 'muh feelings' culture.
>>
>>88382
The media only had the polls to go on and the polls showed Hillary winning.

What they didn't take into account is that the polls represented only the popular vote and not the way the electoral college was going to be decided.
>>
>>88348
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVZgkKv4GcM

^^^ That's why Trump won, right. He spoke truth to power, and it sounds totally refreshing.

But, even if everything he says in that clip is true and his honest belief, he's mistaken, and you are mistaken for supporting him.

Obama and Clinton and even Republicans might deliver some sanctimonious BS about how Islam isn't the problem, or how muslims pose the same risk profile as every other religious community, and might add that we should caution against Islamophobia.
And I get that that is all unnerving, but it's also essential. That's because talk is cheap. Our political representatives should use it liberally in the interest of all Americans. Telling the truth about the muslim population's risk to the world, or about Islam, is refreshing, but it's counter productive.

Every time Obama goes up on stage to laud muslims, he also sends a drone to crash a wedding party somewhere in Pakistan. You might hate politicians, but the fact is that Hillary and Obama understand the nature of the threat at least as well and in some ways more accurately than Trump, but they also know that it's in the US's best interest that, as politicians, they are political with their language. They know that making muslims feel besieged, even when they are, doesn't do anything to stamp our religiosity. Trump is lauded for his pragmatism; and he has been a pragmatic campaigner. But I hope he hasn't lost sight of the fact that to be a pragmatic president, he has higher priorities than to quench popular rage.
>>
>>88290
>The suspect, who was killed by police during the attack
POLICE BRUTALITY. Clearly he was stressed out and troubled by problematic election. The cops should've waited for him to calm down, taken him to the police station, and given him an emotional first aid kit. #TerroristLivesMatter
>>
>>88385

They had state by state polling, but I'm not sure anyone bothered to look at the two states that ended up being key (Michigan and Wisconsin) and polling in battlegrounds were within margin of error going into the election (3-4%). The reality is nobody expected the Democratic safe states to fall like that, with Pennsylvania being the only one barely in contention in the polls (Trump was heavily trailing for most of the campaign there, only closing the gap near the end).
>>
finally they acted! fcking leftards still want them refugees?
>>
>>88349
The moron is foaming at the mouth to defend a kike lover like Trump, what did you expect?
>>
WE NEED A FREE-ZONE FOR KNIVES AND CARS!
>>
>>88424
If only knives were regulated as strictly as cars.
>>
>>88426
>Have to go to the DMV and pass a knife wielding test so I can buy a butter knife to make a sandwich.
It's like I'm really living in Britain.
>>
>>88424
15 mph speed limit on all roads to prevent them from being used to run over people!!

all knives should be made blunt so those cannot be used to cut or stab people!

speaking in any way or form should be regulated so that feelings won't be hurt!
>>
OSU tweeted RUN HIDE FIGHT
OSU is a gun free zone. What are you going to fight with? Knives and any weapons are against the rules too.
>“No person shall be permitted to carry or possess a concealed or unconcealed firearm, weapon, or other hazardous materials on the university campus, other premises owned or within the control of the university, or at functions sponsored or sanctioned by the university.”
OSU wants your children to fight armed attackers barehanded. Good luck with that.
>>
>>88424
>WE NEED A FREE-ZONE FOR KNIVES AND CARS!
But OSU is already a knife free zone, and the students were on a sidewalk which was a car free zone. Why do the bad guys never follow the rules. We wrote down the rules and everything. It makes me so sad I want to cry!
>>
So OSU is a republican adminisitrated university in a city with a republican mayor in a state with a republican governor. But It's all liberals' fault that OSU is a gun free PC shithole, right?
>>
>>88462
>But It's all liberals' fault that OSU is a gun free PC shithole, right?

That's a standing policy for the university.
>>
>>88385
>What they didn't take into account is that the polls purposefully and massively over sampled democrats in order to produce a pro-Hillary narrative meant to dissuade Trump voters from even going to the polls

It was a deliberate, not an accident.
>>
>>88462
> OSU is a republican adminisitrated university
[citation needed]
>>
>>88461
So you're saying this could have been prevented if we let people drive cars on the sidewalk?
>>
>>88461
>According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, in 2013, there were 73,505 nonfatal firearm injuries (23.23 per 100,000 U.S. citizens);[2] 11,208 homicides (3.5 per 100,000);[3] 21,175 suicides;[4] 505 deaths due to accidental/negligent discharge of a firearm; and 281 deaths due to firearms-use with "undetermined intent",[4] included in a total of 33,636 deaths due to "Injury by firearms",[4] or 10.6 deaths per 100,000 people.[4] Of the 2,596,993 total deaths in the US in 2013, 1.3% were related to firearms.[1][5]

Terrorism is sort of negligible in terms of number of deaths caused in the US / year, whereas there are more deaths from accidental firearm discharge.

Terrorism is scarier because the news reports it that way. Whereas nobody gives a shit about a dozen people losing their life in a day cuz they were shot in a fit of rage.

I'm not saying it isn't a problem; it's just not apparent that stopping it by increasing the supply of privately owned firearms is a worthwhile solution.

Ideally I think that firearms should be treated as controlled substances. But we probably have to start from a more restrictive stance, and as we make progress as a society in ensuring the foundation exists for responsible ownership of firearms (for example, reducing incentive for criminality, incidence of mental illness, &c.), we can shift toward less restrictive gun ownership laws, so that in the interim we minimize human suffering.
>>
That analogy is a bit of an oversimplification.
The three skittles can't kill you any more than terrorists are an existential threat to the US.
They'll just make you sick.
On top of that, each skittle of the handful you don't take causes someone else to fall sick.

I think the solution is to hold onto a handful temporarily, and then return them to the bowl after the threat of sickness has passed.
>>
>>88290
So many fucking white autists shooting people
Somali does it and confirms racial bias
Whoo Hooo
Planet Trump!
>>
>>88516

I think a better metaphor is the following:
>There are several homeless puppies in the shelter.
>One of them is an asshole who will bite you (it will hurt like a bitch but won't actually kill you).
>The longer the puppies are in the shelter, the more of them become assholes.
>Any puppies you don't take will be killed by the shelter or other asshole puppies.
>Other people might take puppies, but there's no guarantee that they will. However, you may attempt to negotiate so others take more puppies.

>How many puppies do you take?

The original skittles metaphor lacks the human element, because skittles are inanimate objects that can't suffer, don't die, and can't be influenced by others. That bowl of skittles will remain static, which is completely unlike the real refugee problem which changes over time (as some die or convert to extreme measures). And, as you said, the terrorists are not an existential threat to the US (unless someone gives the terrorists NBC weapons/the puppy rabies, but that requires someone retarded enough to inject that into the problem) so the nonlethal bite works better than instant deadly poison.
>>
you need to close your tv
>>
>>88588
more like 10 puppies in the shelter

3 of which will bite you
6 of which will shit all over the house
1 will be the best damn dog you'll ever have

guess I'm getting a cat
>>
>>88588
The solution is simple: gas all the puppies.
>>
>>88512
While terrorism may be negligible when compared to the myriads of other things that cause death in the world I would like to point out something here. Terrorism has quite a few little definitions that all end up as the same thing.

The use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims or to coerce.

Terrorism is special because it has a higher aim than most all other forms of crime. Terrorist acts also double as a rally or morale boost to those sympathetic to the terrorists cause.

Terrorism isn't scarier because the news reports it that way, terrorism is scarier because it is a deliberate attack to cause a deliberate response (terror). The problem I'm seeing a lot of people have these days is the word terrorism is automatically interpreted as Islamic terrorism (by both the right and left) and they fail to realize that some of these other shootings are also classified as terrorism. For example Dillan Roof was a domestic terrorist, and we have had several domestic terrorist groups in the United States in our history.

TL;DR - Terrorism is scarier because it has an aim, so even though random shootings and other forms of crime do vastly outnumber it they remain just that. Random acts of violence instead of organized plans to cause terror to a certain area or group.
>>
>>88291
FPBP
>>
>>88808
Not to mention it's also stealthy and seemingly impossible to truly fight without some real 1984-tier shit, and media outlets grasping at straws trying to make the perpetrators out to be normal people hiding among us waiting to snap without warning at any time doesn't help, either.
>>
>>89191

>trying to make the perpetrators out to be normal people hiding among us waiting to snap without warning at any time doesn't help

Well, part of what makes a terrorist successful is blending in until it is time to strike. Sort of like serial killers, they have to blend in. Obvious terrorists and serial killers only work if they're so obvious everyone is convinced it's a joke, and I don't think there's ever been an instance of that.
>>
>>88588
>One of them is an asshole who will bite you (it will hurt like a bitch but won't actually kill you).

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/07/15/french-lawmakers-told-bataclan-terrorists-tortured-disemboweled-victims.html

>According to this testimony, Wahhabist killers apparently gouged out eyes, castrated victims, and shoved their testicles in their mouths. They may also have disemboweled some poor souls. Women were stabbed in the genitals – and the torture was, victims told police, filmed for Daesh or Islamic State propaganda. For that reason, medics did not release the bodies of torture victims to the families, investigators said.
>>
>>89513
To clarify, I understand what was meant by the nonlethal bite but I feel like it ironically removes the human element, since lives are indeed at stake. Are the lives of some of our citizens worth spending?
>>
>>89514

>I understand what was meant by the nonlethal bite but I feel like it ironically removes the human element, since lives are indeed at stake.

That's a good point, and it probably proves this metaphor requires way too much stretching to actually work.
>>
>>88491
Yes
If cars were on the sidewalk, they wouldn't have been caught off guard
>>
>>89779
You'd still have to take the phones out of their hands
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.