[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CBS Sued Over ‘Judge Judy’s $47M Salary & Profits

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

From your friends at >>>/tv/ with love:

http://deadline.com/2016/03/judge-judy-lawsuit-cbs-47-million-dollar-salary-les-moonves-rebel-entertainment-1201720000/

>EXCLUSIVE: UPDATE with Judy Sheindlin statement: This certainly won’t end up in Judge Judy’s court, but a scathing multimillion-dollar lawsuit filed today against CBS has no-nonsense host Judy Sheindlin, her syndicated series and its spinoff Hot Bench in the legal spotlight. Seeking widespread unspecified damages, plaintiff Rebel Entertainment Partners claims that that it has been denied contractually obligated payments since 2010 from the net profits of the 19-season CBS Television-distributed Judge Judy because it supposedly is “losing money,” while paying Judge Judy herself up to $47 million a year.

>Sheindlin’s payout may be at the core of the suit, but she is not a defendant.

>“According to Defendants, in the six-month accounting period prior to Scheindlin’s pay raise, the Show reported net profits of $3,572,195, of which 5% ($178,609) was paid to Rebel,” alleges the successor-in-interest to the talent agency that originally packaged the Judy Sheindlin-fronted series. Having received regular payments over the years until 2010, Rebel claims that Judge Judy has grossed over $1.7 billion since it first went on the air in 1996.

more inside
>>
>>29010
>Rebel claims that Judge Judy has grossed over $1.7 billion since it first went on the air in 1996.
Let that sink in.
>>
>>29013
I wouldn't mind if she didn't walk out on cases so much...
>>
>>29021
Excellent point especially considering they only film a "Season" of syndicated shows like JJ for a few weeks every year.
>>
>>29023
Wow, she actually has cases that don't go to television?!
>>
>>29025
I don't think she lives in California at all except during filming. I honestly don't know how many cases she sees off camera but I wouldn't guess many. I'm no an expert and I'm guessing but I would think it isn't a big deal to send the cases back down to the original municipal jurisdictions they came from if they end up being overbooked. It's probably a routine procedure for them.
>>
>>29030
>send them down
she's not a real judge anymore. people agree to have their cases adjudicated by her and accept whatever the result is. she's essentially an arbitrator that people sign up to use.

let THAT sink in. people make the choice to let judge judy arbitrate their cases.
>>
>>29645
I had thought she had to be appointed to some token municipal bench in Burbank at least temporarily during filming, it amounted to being the same thing as being temporarily deputized by a sheriff, but I can't remember what I read that said that and the wikipedia page is vague about it. You're right from what I know about her being retired from a long career as an actual judge though.
>>
>>29645
>people agree to have their cases adjudicated by her and accept whatever the result is. she's essentially an arbitrator that people sign up to use
that's all judges anon, but they trick you into consenting

look up strawman on YT
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.