[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thousands of Massachusetts drug cases to be dismissed after lab

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: s3.reutersmedia.jpg (28KB, 701x468px) Image search: [Google]
s3.reutersmedia.jpg
28KB, 701x468px
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-massachusetts-drugs-idUSKBN17K2JI

>It will mean the largest number of drug cases tossed out in U.S. history due to one person, according to the American Civil Liberties Union. Rogue chemist Annie Dookhan pleaded guilty in 2013 to tampering with evidence during her nine years working at a state crime lab in Boston. The scandal shook the foundation of the state's criminal justice system.
>>
Didn't this happen years ago or is this new?
>>
>pookhan
>>
There are similar "scandals" going on all over the country. There is a nationwide effort to reform crime labs. Sometimes it's state or municipal employees who are at fault, sometimes it's independent contractors who do the lab work. Rape kits and even basic things like fingerprints are being tossed aside as evidence because of shoddy laboratory practices.
>>
Another corrupt Indian, just like the thousands of H1Bser's that lie on the CV's/resumes to take jobs away from American citizens. By all means keep letting these 3rd worlders with 3rd worlder values in.
>>
>>133506
Either you're a paki or your dad got fired and replaced by H1B visa holder, but none of that shit is on topic for this thread.
>>>/pol/
>>
>>133511
see
>>133459
>>
>>133496
>There are similar "scandals" going on all over the country. There is a nationwide effort to reform crime labs. Sometimes it's state or municipal employees who are at fault, sometimes it's independent contractors who do the lab work. Rape kits and even basic things like fingerprints are being tossed aside as evidence because of shoddy laboratory practices

So, basically:
>biggest jail system in the world
>most of it privatized
>corruption and sheit
>forced labour is basically slavery 2.0
>it means people make cash out of jailing other people
>everyone expects labs to be fair because MUH science
Holy kek.
>>
>>133607
>forced labor

The US prison system doesn't have forced labor. Its more of a cash crop system where suspects are nickel N dimed to jail. Then set up to fail when they serve their time.

Immigration is slavery 2.0.
>>
>>133615
I get your point, but it still doesn't change the overall outlook of your prison system.

E.g. corporations making dirty money out of providing crappy meals to inmates, etc.

Mind me, my country's prison system has similar types of corruption -- but it is mostly a matter of managers hiding supplies... because if jail police, janitors, and managers are state jobs, nobody is getting paid "more" just because you get more inmates. In a 100% public jail system, more inmates = more work.
>>
>>133506
So what about the CEO of Enron or Bernie Madoff? Nobody said "some more corrupt white guys". Of course that's understandable becauze you can't judge a whole community by anecdotes. There are corrupt people of all races and Indians in the US are not a corrupt community, they are highly educated, do well in the workplace, and have low criminality even though they're not your race.
>>
Discussion continues here:
>>>/pol/121907604
>>>/pol/121907604
>>>/pol/121907604
>>
>>133615
here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penal_labor_in_the_United_States

it's still a thing man
>>
>>133703
>Alabama

God I wish this state had never been. It is the extremist asslumn of the states where we house religious nuts and people stuck in the 18th century.
http://i.4cdn.org/fit/1492628387993.jpg
Good post anon.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.