[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

They attacked the name of 4Chan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 0

Hello friends, I'm Brazilian and new here. I want to share with you this article from a regional newspaper here, where they attack the image of 4Chan. Hugs.

http://www1.folha.uol.com.br/ilustrissima/2017/03/1867370-trump-os-nerds-do-4chan-e-a-nova-direita-dos-estados-unidos.shtml
>>
"SUMMARY Author explains how 4chan, a nerdy website, became the vanguard of the far right in the US. He argues that young unemployed and girlfriends vote for Trump because he embodies the ideology of hopelessness and that the left must see them as a symptom of a bigger problem that only she can solve." Detail of the article.
>>
Lula is our lord
>>
The young Turks have been slamming 4chan being associated with the alt-right and white supremacy
>>
>>123545
4chang became the "Face of the alt right" because newfags took memes to far and let real life infect the boards
>>
>>123567
>newfags took memes to far

Interesting point of view.
I find it hard to believe.
>>
what did you want to of the Folha dude, that's the normal her.
btw, fake news and wall of text.
>>
>>123646
Go back to /pol/ if you can't handle it, junior.
>>
>>123639
>>123567
I can get behind this theory. Unironic Trumpism is the grandest example of both "falling for the meme" and "memes gone too far"
>>
>>123649
Wasn't /pol/ """alt-right""" long before Trump?

I'm not saying they didn't get duped but the meme they fell for didn't start with Trump.
>>
>>123651
The previous meme candidate was Ron Paul and he wouldn't qualify for whatever "alt-right" entails then or now
I suppose the only reason that meme didn't pull through was that Paul didn't have the same mainstream coverage that Trump had
>>
>>123652
>The previous meme candidate
Something happened in the intervening years to turn them from libertarians to authoritarians?

Really makes you think.
>>
>4chan
>Trump
>>
>>123646
Okay.
>>
>>123651
>I'm not saying they didn't get duped
How did they get duped? Trumps view on issues such as immigration and social issues are closer to /pol/ than any other candidate that ran.
>>
>>123651
Well, if you want to be reductionist then yes, but really /pol/ is just where newfags who don't get the joke congregate, 4chan doesn't have a political identity, all anyone ever cared about was being different, during the trump years we'll probably see the pendulum swing the other way, just as we all did with bush, actually, I take that back, I think /pol/ is too far gone for that, maybe 4chan is too big after the fappening and the election
>>
>>123653
All that happened was a stable democrat led government
>>
>>123651
/pol/ was full of lolbertarians and shitposters for years, they only went full "alt-right" when stormfront decided to migrate there
>>
>>123678
Haha
>>
>>123861
This feels closer to being accurate but but I'm not sure that's the trigger.
Stormfront's association with /pol/ is older than the alt-right.
They could be involved, but stuff like Gamergate doesn't seem like it would have been driven by them.
>>
ITT: newfags pretending they know shit
Lurk more faggots
>>
>>123940
Tell us how if was oldfag.
>>
>>123936
/pol/ always had people from stormfront, but now it has stormfront and an army of 12 year old's who were dumb enough to drink the kool-aid and autistic enough t take it onto other boards.
>>
>>123861
>>123936
These were some important factors, as you mentioned gamergate and other scandals just focused more attention on /pol/ and 4chan in general, sure we get more users every day but events like those fuel bursts of newfaggotry on the regular. The biggest factor, however, was that these events attracted the attentions of those with interests in influencing opinion across boards. At that point anon had been calling each other shills for a few years when opinions differed, sometimes it was true, mostly it was shitposting.

The nature of this site though, leads those with political agendas to seek to exploit it. Whether or not “they” understood the overwhelmingly ironic nature of content on /pol/ the truth is that the board (even in its previous incarnations) had always leaned to the right. It costs very little to pay a room full of desperate young people with college educations and/or rhetorical skills to post what you want them to, or push undesirable threads to the bottom of the catalog. It costs even less to piece together a bunch of algorithms and code to create a shitposting bot to do all that on a smaller simpler scale.
>>
>>124264
So now whether it’s the “Feds” (low level clandestine services) a propaganda wing of either major political party, a corporation looking to influence public perception, the JIDF (srsly), lobbyists, Booz Allen Hamilton, Palantir, Cubic, HBGary, or any other slimy subversive group, they all see something to gain in controlling the views of the average board, weakening critical thinking skills, and sometimes just outright hurting the credibility or reputation of 4chans user base.

Keep this in mind every time you see a racebait thread, OP calling anything “red-pilled”, clumsy use of board slang (especially the term “cuck”), every time you do free work for google through the captcha, posts telling you the invisible hand of a free market will fix everything, blatant favor of business institutions or anything else that raises a red flag. If an entity pisses millions of dollars they can afford a shill squad.
>>
Go to >>>/int/ if you want to discuss news in languages other than English
>>
fuck the young turks, Ana can suck on my load
>>
>>124046
the spill is too real
they've even spilled into /g/ and /adv/
>>
>>123564
>implying all 4chan is /pol/-tier
Gosh, not even /pol/ is 100% /pol/-tier.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.