[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hello, /b/ros.I am tryina learn how to ride the bicycle.I did

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (9KB, 267x189px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9KB, 267x189px
hello, /b/ros.I am tryina learn how to ride the bicycle.I did that when i was little and i am 20 now. I don't know if i just forgot how or i am too afraid of it.I tried standing on it while holding onto my sister and i was shaking.The seat is also a bit higher and i cannot let it any lower and my legs aren't reaching all the way down normally.
I also cannot get a new one atm. or helping wheels.
Any tips?
>>
:)
>>
>>995898
thanks for the bump
>>
Find a nice gentle slope/hill that ends in a wide and empty space.

Walk to the top of the hill, get on your bike, ride it down without pedaling. Get used to how much more stable your bike feels at speed. That's the key. Most beginners assume slower = more stable. It's the opposite for bikes. The faster you go, the less wobbly it will feel.
>>
>>995901
thank you for the advice, i will give it a try
>>
>>995896
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Bicycle-Wheel-Stabilizer-Kit/15734254
>>
Maybe try standing on one pedal and just pushing off like a scooter just to get used to rolling around? Left foot on right pedal etc.
>>
take off the pedals and lower the seat as low as possible. Sit on the pike and push it around kicking with your feet. When you have a bit of speed take your feet of the ground and get used to the feeling of coasting and balancing.

Now put your pedals back on and kick off again and this time start pedaling.

Once you feel comfortable starting and stopping get your seat back up to the correct height. Generally you want there to be a slight bend at your knee when your foot is at the lowest (6 o'clock) position. You might not be able to comfortably seat on the saddle and keep both feet on the ground at the same time.

Most importantly make sure you enjoy the sensations of rolling and pedalling. Riding a bike truly is one of the great joys of life. Don't distracted by what kind of bike you have or what clothes and gear to get. Just enjoy the ride.

Good Luck buddy
>>
I agree. take off the pedals and post pics of your sister you underage faget.

>/b/ros
>>
File: 1466909768688-fit.jpg (36KB, 338x305px) Image search: [Google]
1466909768688-fit.jpg
36KB, 338x305px
First off, we are not
>>>/b/
Second, be less obvious you're b&.
But to answer your questions, my advice would be to use a chop saw, angle grinder, or a hand saw if you don't have either of those to cut the seat tube down (if it's your bike). Extend your heels toward the pedal that is all the way down (6 o'clock position while sitting) and estimate how far you are from reaching it. Add about 1/2 inch to that guess and cut the seat post down that much. Once it is bottomed out, you should be in a comfortable position to learn riding, and you will raise the seat that 1/2 inch we subtracted earlier to put your legs in good position to pedal efficiently.

After that, I learned without training wheels by riding on grass in the back yard. If you fall, it doesn't hurt at all and you can get right back up and start again. It helps to have a friend (... Or parent) that can give you pointers as you go along. Good luck.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.