[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CAN WE HAVE A OWN SECTION FOR THE BICYCLES ? AND SINCE WHEN ARE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

File: waste.jpg (432KB, 1871x996px) Image search: [Google]
waste.jpg
432KB, 1871x996px
CAN WE HAVE A OWN SECTION FOR THE BICYCLES ?
AND SINCE WHEN ARE BICYCLES TRANSPORT?
>>
I would love a board just for bicycles. The train/bus/boatfags are ruining the board. Gliderbros are cool, though they haven't posted a lot recently.
>>
Threadly reminder that /n/ is among the slowest boards on 4chan as it is, and cycling is the only thing keeping traffic on /n/ high enough to justify its continued existence.

If cycling got moved to its own board, /n/ would be deleted shortly thereafter, and all you'd be left with was a /cyc/ board that no longer felt the need to graciously ignore your weird train threads.

You're the ones getting the good deal out of getting lumped in with us, not the other way around.
>>
>>989819
Since like 5 minutes after they were invented.
>>
>>989823
>You're the ones getting the good deal out of getting lumped in with us, not the other way around.
I'm here for the bike threads, but i enjoy the occasional aviation, urban planning or temples of transportation thread.
>>
I like the opportunity for variety that this board hosts.

Its the boards like /m/, /po/ that suck-in that I dont enjoy them personally
>>
>>989826

Same, which is why I don't agree that a /cyc/ is necessary.

It's only the deep-train-autists who are bothered by this arrangement, even though they'll suffer far more than anyone else if it's disrupted.
>>
>>989819
>AND SINCE WHEN ARE BICYCLES TRANSPORT?
Since they were invented
>>
Wouldn't that leave /n/ with 3 barely active threads?
>>
File: hide don't report.png (185KB, 1900x1046px) Image search: [Google]
hide don't report.png
185KB, 1900x1046px
>>989819
>>
>>989860
why not save a click and use the '-' button to hide threads?
>>
What about moving the lycra wearers and competitive mountain bikers to /sp/ or /asp/, planes, trains, and boats to /trv/, and then create an /urban/ board that's just for discussing city living and city development.
>>
"No."
>>
File: board.png (33KB, 685x606px) Image search: [Google]
board.png
33KB, 685x606px
>>
Bikers need to be moved into their own containment board. They're like wrestling on /asp/, they destroy the board.
>>
>>989921
>Bikers need to be moved into their own containment board.
We'd get along just fine witht he flyers. The problem is the trainfags. It's not even transportations. It's toy trainsets and fapping to old pictures of some non-existent Milwaukie railway that may or may not have been electrified and certainly isn't transporting anything any more. That's not transportation. That's autism.
>>
>>989925
Your post is autism.
>>
>>989861
can't do that in catalog view.
>>989860
>>
>>989819
AND SINCE WHEN ARE BICYCLES TRANSPORT?
typical amerilard cager
dude, there's a world outside your kill cage.
kys, honestly.
>>
>>989930
Great retort m8. I'm in shambles right now.

Can I have vote to move all the train shit to /toy, please? The streetcar guys can stay. You're pretty cool.
>>
>>989925
But by that argument you'd have to move all sport and recreational cycling to >>>/sp/, >>>/asp/ and >>>/out/.

toy trains and historical rail is certainly trai/n/ related and should therefore, in my opinion, be allowed on the train board.

4chan boards have a history and tradition of allowing and embracing subjects of tangential board relevance. Mostly in the form of video games. >>>/tg/ used to welcome Dawn of War threads, >>>/o/ has a regular racing game general thread and /n/ some years ago had Euro Truck Simulator threads that were active and popular. If i tried something like that now some autist, possibly you, would immediately try to redirect me to >>>/o/.

Honestly you argument and complaint makes you sound just as autistic as the trainfags you're complaining about.
>>
>>989931
>what it's filter?
4chan has a lot of functions, not only greentext and memes.
>>
>>989936
>train board
Ther eis no such thing an there aren't enough spergs in teh world to fill a train board. /n is slow is it is and would be completely dead if it wasn't for cycling/flyers. You're just the ticks on the dogs back.
You're right about not shifting the problem to other boards though. Let's just ban trains all together.
>>
>>989939
>/n/ not the train board
You are clearly not aware of the history of /n/ and the reason /n/ is listed under japanese culture on the main page. Newfag.

As a cyclist, i feel embarrassed to be associated with tards like you.
>>
>>989946
>history of /n
History is history m8. The new reality is that foaming is irrelevant to this board and change is inevitable.
>newfag
Son, I was trolling on Usenet while you were still in diapers.
>As a cyclist
Wow, what a new and imaginative rhetorical trick you have there! I reverse my previously held position. Pass me the Märklin catalogue! And the SI Brochure while you're at it. I'ma do me some scale calculations on them here rivets.
>>
>>989950
I'm sorry, did i miss your no doubt well articulated and impeccably logical argument for why trains are not transportation?
>>
I constantly have 5 non-bike threads on here, and I could easily fill the catalog with train discussion if they'd let me.

Stop bitching and make more threads.
>>
FOAMER MUST LEAVE
O
A
M
E
R
S

M
U
S
T

L
E
A
V
E
>>
>>989953
But they are. The problem is the people. Being autistic and lacking in social skills they continously get on real peoples bad side and also have a completely unchecked sense of entitlement to this board. See this recurring thread for an example. They need to be excised.
If there was enough of them to have a Märklin wankfest over a whole board all on their own we could entertain the idea of a train board, but luckily there isn't. To keep them from shitting up the place it's better if we just ban them outright. This will have some unfortunate colatheral damage in the form of blocking out sane train discussion, but it's a worthy sacrifice.

Not the tram guys though. You lot are rad.
>>
File: Douglas SBD Dauntless LIFE cover.jpg (140KB, 1280x1023px) Image search: [Google]
Douglas SBD Dauntless LIFE cover.jpg
140KB, 1280x1023px
I am a pilot and someone with an appreciation of beautiful machines concerning function and aesthetic

bicycles are trash, they are ugly and I do not consider them transportation, horses are a far better/beautiful alternative if you absolutely must go slow

aircraft, trains, autos and boats meet the criteria for an efficient means of transportation in a MODERN world, and unlike bicycles, have served humanity USEFULLY throughout history, they also offer an aesthetic quality that everyone, even pedestrians, can admire

whenever i see the cyclist threads on this board I cringe... it's akin to coming across a scat fetish thread on /hc/.. needless to say, /n/ is a minefield full of shit.. the only saving grace being the sparse plane/train/boat threads
>>
File: dumbass.jpg (35KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
dumbass.jpg
35KB, 500x375px
>>990086
>have served humanity
>posts picture of literal murder machines
>>
>>990091
grow up anon, WWII was a fight of good vs evil.. those "murder machines" saved the world from a darkness you can not even begin to imagine

I'm assuming you're probably around 14 years old and have been taught some revisionist form of history in a public school
>>
>>990092
>implying both sides didnt have murder machines and that we wouldnt have been better off without them
>implying the great war that set the stage for the second war wasnt caused by their availability
There lad, I'm sure you'll get to learn some history next semester.
>>
File: Girls.png (490KB, 449x401px) Image search: [Google]
Girls.png
490KB, 449x401px
>>990092
>WWII was a fight of good vs evil
>he believes the war winners propaganda
>allies did nothing wrong
>>
>>989959
>I constantly have 5 non-bike threads on here, and I could easily fill the catalog with train discussion if they'd let me.
Gee, what a boring-ass board that would be, even worse than /n/ already is. This is why they don't let people like you become janitors or moderators, your thinking is so totally skewed that you'd wreck the place.

STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT THREADS YOU DON'T LIKE AND JUST FUCKING HIDE THEM.

Seriously, TRY to contain your obsessive-compulsiveness.
>>
>>990095
that's ww1 lad
>>
>>990213
Educate yourself. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allied_war_crimes_during_World_War_II

Had the outcome have been the reverse we'd all be reading about the warcrimes of the allies. And the nazi internment camps would have been relativized to the brittish concentration camps of the boer wars, the american treatment of the japanese both domestic and overseas, the taking of body parts as trophies by american soldiers and the camps run by the soviet arm of the allies - whoms crimes are an order of magnitude greater counted in loss of life and ruthless oppression.
Thinking you can reduce a political situation as complex as the run up to the second war to a war between """good""" and """evil""" is naive at best. Yes, the nazis were a rotten bunch, but they were not alone and there's a reason nazism was a popular political movement - all over europe. It was not the jews.
>>
>>989819
>CAN WE HAVE A OWN SECTION FOR THE BICYCLES ?

When beautiful bicycles are as popular with 4chan'ers as are Manchurian pictures books and picture shows, murder simulators, racist celebrations of mass tragedies, 7 pound murder machines, 4,079 pound murder machines, groups of men fondling other groups of men over a fucking ball, 2d men in tights fondling other 2d men in tights over muh magical McGuffins, groups of boys pretending to be wizards and warlocks, American films and television, spending 40 hours trying to get a used laptop to work because muh freedom, steroid abuse, fat camwhores, whining and bitching about how girls don't like them, pictures of cute 2d chicks, pictures of naked chicks, pictures of naked chicks being fucked, animated pictures of naked chicks being fucked, pictures of 2d naked chicks (possibly animated), pictures of 2d naked chicks with dicks, pictures of naked boys being fucked, and so forth. Also, bullshit.

Until that day, we will just have put up with each other.

>AND SINCE WHEN ARE BICYCLES TRANSPORT?

>google "bicycle transportation"
>results: About 77,900,000 results (0.36 seconds)

Really makes you think.
>>
>>990086

>horses are a far better/beautiful alternative if you absolutely must

I can't believe it never occurred to me to switch out my urban commuter for a fucking horse before.
>>
>>990315
I'd love to commute on a horse. However parking it for the day would be a nightmare. You can't find horse parking spaces anywhere in the cities anymore.

Besides you can't split lanes or salmon on a horse as well as on a bike.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.