[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Very important reminder about board culture

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 12

File: img_3931.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
img_3931.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
If you don't have fenders, disc brakes, and a rack, you are a clearly the kind of cyclist whose rides begin and end at the same point once every Saturday afternoon between April and early June and then once again between late September and early November, provided it's sunny and there's no breeze

Enjoy dumping $200 worth of gasoline into your needy 5,000 pound steel baby that drains your life essence while you complain bitterly that it's too hard to ride to work because you'll be "all tired and sweaty"

This is the transportation board, cagers who own cages belong on /o/
>>
nice bike, but wouldn't it be faster with more gear ratios?
>>
>>986975
>no bottle cages
Nothing personnel, kid.
>>
>>986975
Whats with the chain? Looks like a rubber band.
>>
>these guys aren't real cyclists
>I'm a real cyclist!
>I'm gonna make a post on an anime imageboard to show them
Do you really think you're fooling anyone about your extreme insecurity and craving for validation but yourself? If you could see how transparent it was from a normal person's POV you would laugh at yourself. Healthy, regular people don't care what other people do on their bicycle. Sounds like you have a lot of issues to address with yourself.
>>
This is a babbys first decent bike episode isn't it? :)
>>
File: Trololo.jpg (98KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Trololo.jpg
98KB, 1024x1024px
>>986987
This is babbys first trooolollolollolo thread and you all took the bait. Hook, line and sinker. You're master baiters, masterbaiting. Thyme goes in all fields.
>>
I ride to work and everywhere else on a single speed with no fenders, disc brakes or rack. Fuck off with your hipster pseudo-touring crap.
>>
You can talk all the shit that you want, but at the end of the day i have a 4.5w/kg threshold and will blow the fuck past you crawling along regardless of the respective bikes we are on. Stay mad, fat aspie
>>
>>987011
>touring
>discs
lel
>>
>>986979
only if you have noodle legs, manlet
>>
>>987019
There is literally nothing wrong with mechanical disc brakes for touring.
>>
>>986975

> a rack

Not a frame bag? enjoy your anti-aero windsails plebs

> carbon belt SS on a $600 frame

kek

> disc

V-brake superior to hydro disc in extreme temperatures

> no foot retention what so ever

LOL

You are a yuppie. Everybody, OP is a yuppie who "Bought In" to cycling. He bought all the on-trend components he could and mashed them together on an overpriced, sub-useful bike. Ignore him. Beat you bike to shit
>>
>>986975
>Needs panniers
I can leave all my work stuff at work.
>Fenders
Not in the sunny southwest.
>Needs disk brakes
If it's about transportation And not dickwaving then you're on an 8 year old beater you bought cheap and disk brakes haven't trickled down yet.

I'm exactly as much of a yuppie asshole as everyone else here and I'm offended you would say otherwise.
>>
>>986975
kys you fucking poser
>>
>>986975
Beautiful bike, how much does a used bike like this cost ?
>>
>board culture
>OP doesn't know /n/ is about Japanese trains
Huh?
>>
>>986975
Your handlebars look retarded lmao
>>
>>986975
>disc brakes, LOL
>belt drive
>outdated steel frame
>SOMA, lol
>NO BOTTLE CAGES
>panniers
>bolted-on fenders
>Schwalbe tires
>platform pedals
You know OP, if you're going to troll /n/, don't post a troll bike, it's way too obvious.
Now GB2 >>>/b/, faggot. You've failed.
>>
>>986975
Idiotic post but I'm curious about how people would deal with becoming sweaty before work. Do you just change clothes and use a towel to dry off?
>>
>>986975
But it is too hard to ride to work. Fuck cycling with 1000kg's loaded into a trailer behind the old treadley.
>>
Fenders are for filthy casuals who are afraid of getting wet. Fair weather "cyclists" are /o/-tier.
>>
>>987019
>touring
>without discs
lol
>lel
Fuck off newfag
>>987054
$650
>>
>>986975
bro do you even hydrate
>>
>reduced to using only one form of transportation
yea, nah. some of us have real freedom.
>>
File: 599.jpg (697KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
599.jpg
697KB, 1632x1224px
>>986975
But I can't ride my bicycle to work without putting it on a train.

So I ride a motorcycle to work.

I have an SUV for road trips and camping.
>>
I don't understand fenders unless you're riding with a group. Who gives a fuck if you get wet or dirty. Just toss your shit in the washer when you get home.
>>
>>987184

Even with fenders the bitch behind you is gonna get sprayed if there's enough water on the road.

I know this firsthand during many, many rainy days on a long tour. Suddenly my good friends and I are viciously jockeying against one other to be the head of the pack ahahahaha

Fenders are useful if you don't have access to a washing machine at the end of the riding day, such as on a long tour. Arguably not useful at all in any other situation. Only my touring bike has fenders on it, my commuter does not.
>>
>>987163
yes you can, you're just too casual
>>
>>987207
how the fuck am I supposed to cycle 2.5 miles everyday, and then back the same distance. There is also this hilly bit (up and down, so I have to cycle up in both directions) and busy roads
>>
>>986981
its a belt drive, bretty gud m8
>>987211
get a bike with a drive train then you can pedal up hill
ditch the balance bike
>>
>>987213
>its a belt drive, bretty gud m8
What's it made of?
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>986975
I'd love to join your elitist circle jerk, but I'd probably drop you OP
>>
>>987222
rubber bands
>>
>>987227
>not Schwalbe
>>986975
>Schwalbe

Srry goy,but OP would probably destroy and bankrupt you senpaitachi
>>
>>987222
WASTED FUCKING TRIPS
WHY is everyone too goddamn retarded to use the FUCKING googles,bings whatever.
you can LITERALLY LITERALLY hold the left mouse button,select the subject you want to be spoonfed about and copy it into a search box or press right mouse button and select"search google for[subject]"

Stop wasting peoples time with your useless "questions"
As to answer yours,belt drives are made out of whores and niggers,AKA your parents
>>
>belt drive

I'll take bullshit memes for 500

>b-but muh stretchy chains!

get outta my face kid
>>
>>987252
No body who gets belt drive thinks that chains actually stretch. The reason they get belts is because they last longer, require less maintenance, and they're cleaner. That said they're usually combined with an IGH, personally I wouldn't be able to justify spending that much on a single speed bike.
>>
>>987246
I'm just so glad you're alive
>>
>>987246
What are those belt really made out of though ? some kind of reinforced rubber I'm guessing ?
>>
>>987259
Carbon fibre reinforced usually.
>>
>>987207
You're right. I could ride all the way down to San Jose and then up to San Francisco but I am too casual for a ~120mile commute in each direction.
>>
>>987244
you really think muh marathon meme tires will make up for the extra 30 percent needed to spin that meme belt ?
>>
>>987272

30% of what?
>>
File: full11843028.jpg (63KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
full11843028.jpg
63KB, 800x533px
What do you think of my bike ?
>>
File: san-antonio-map21.jpg (236KB, 798x661px) Image search: [Google]
san-antonio-map21.jpg
236KB, 798x661px
My job consists of me driving from my office to clients all day (IT contractor). My employer pays for my gas. I cannot leave my car at my job and bike to work because I work in a office park with no security (no reason for security to patrol overnight if no one is working overnight) and people who happen to leave cars there overnight often find them broken into in the mornings or stolen altogether. So yes, it is "too hard" to ride to work. Not everyone fits your perfect little definition of "if you don't ride bike to work you're just a whiny little bitch".

Picture related, I have clients from the top of this map, all the way to the bottom.

>having a range of 465 mi2 per day while carrying around a variable load of 50-250lbs of equipment
>on a bike
>OP is a faggot
>>
>>987281
just htfu ha ha
>>
https://youtu.be/zBFFrsvgu1Y
>>
>>987279
>Damage prone nexus 8 hub
>useless spoke pattern,weaker wheels
>shitty fork"suspension"
>dyno hub,enjoy all dem watts lost even when not the lights are off
>shitty overly stiff alu frame
>shitty suspension seatpost with a fucktonne of play
>chaincase makes stretching chain a choir
>adjustable QUILL(LOLOL)Stem that is prone to squeking
>plushy crap saddle
>CST(chink shit tires)
>Axa defender lock,shitty clearance and 300% blastig:DD build
>model of bungee strap on the rear carrier is prone to permanently streching out,losing elasticity

Yep,this bike is Dutch,and therefore a shitty,heavy clunker put together by immigrant fucks

Gozer,je fiets is cholerakankerslecht
>>
I ride a racebike from and to work, 2x30km every day. No fenders. Always wear a backpack with all my tools, spare clothes as I have no baggage options. I only skip december/january as it snows here then and they don't clear my bike path

From feb-march, sept-november you barely see any cyclists at all, even the ones on comfortable bikes. Hell even in a rainy week you're lucky to encounter one or two guys

I've crashed 2 times so far this year on slippery corners

Note that this is a troll thread and you shouldn't stereotype people on the material they use
>>
>bought a Colnago C60
>didn't care about the price
>use it once a week
>apparently this makes me a worse rider than people who spent less money on a worse product and view a tool as a lifestyle
>>
>>987279
Your bike is fine, although I have to agree with these points of this anon's list
>>987286
> suspension seatpost is shit
> saddle should be changed

The other points are basically non-issues by a hater.
>>
>>987302
It does
>>
>>987309
>once a week roadie
>OP with his insufferable self righteous bullshit every fucking day

i know who i'd rather share a bike lane with
>>
>>987330
Yes, neither
>>
>>987093
yeah pretty much that
>>
>>987211
2.5 miles? you fucking kidding? that;s 4km

thats a 10 minute leisure ride

git gud
>>
>>987269
You've made an extremely poor choice of job and/or residence location if you commute 240 miles per day.
>>
File: obama_grim[1].jpg (26KB, 605x328px) Image search: [Google]
obama_grim[1].jpg
26KB, 605x328px
>>987211
>how the fuck am I supposed to cycle 2.5 miles everyday
>>
>>987093

There's showers at work.
>>
>>986975

>dick breaks

Someone drank the koolaid.
>>
File: 1414712130914.gif (2MB, 400x206px) Image search: [Google]
1414712130914.gif
2MB, 400x206px
>>987211

I really hope that you're trolling
For your sake

If you're not trolling, you must be the most pathetic subhuman un-man ever conceived.
>>
>>987246
>wasted trips
>on the slowest fucking board on 4chan
You really need to calm down m8
>>
File: nou[1].jpg (125KB, 491x398px) Image search: [Google]
nou[1].jpg
125KB, 491x398px
>>987581
>>
>>987581
>>>/3/ is the slowest board on 4chan
>>
>>987429
Yeah, I don't get it. What do we need actual brakes for, we had perfectly functional slowers for decades.
>>
>>987377
I don't. I commute 28 miles round trip. If I were to ride my bike the entire way without putting it on public trans I would have to go 240 miles. There is a body of water between my house and my job.
>>
>>987635
get a paddleboat u fuckin pleb
>>
File: oregano-oil.jpg (132KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
oregano-oil.jpg
132KB, 640x480px
>>986988

oregano
>>
>>986988
meme overload
>>
>>986975
>Have a race bike
>Turn it into some commuter frankenstein.

Why do amerifags do this?
>>
>>988215
To look less gay.

Package includes:
-cargo shorts
-a sail recomissioned as a T-shirt
-a gun
>>
>>988215
That's not a "race bike" by any means
>>
>>988298
B-but it h-has drop bars, senpai!
>>
>>988300
It sure does :^)
>>
>>988298

No not anymore Sherlock.
>>
>>988723
It never was. Also:
BOARDMAN
O
A
R
D
M
A
N
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (61KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
61KB, 1280x720px
So much insecurity in this thread
>>
>>986975
I could ride to and from work but I want to get to the point I can do it comfortably before I do. I'm also looking at moving an extra few miles away so I've got a lot of work to do.
>>
>>987227
Owned one of these until very recently. Do yourself a huge favor and replace that crank and BB for a Sora 50/34 double crank and a Dura-ace bottom bracket. You'll love how much stiffer the whole bike feels, also the crank they put on that bike out of the box is complete shit. The rings will not stay straight.
>>
>>987019

>He's scared of servicing mechanical disc brakes roadside

Git fuckin gud
>>
>>988940
Nah you fucking down tube get a 105 cyclo-cross double. Better ratios for touring and comes with the full size external bb bearing shells. Not the reduced size ones to save weight.
>>
>>989594
>105 cyclo-cross double
No such thing. Post discarded.
>>
>>987227
I always think someone is posting my own bike when this comes up.
>>
>fenders
whats the point
>>
>>989601
Are you the "cross bikes are really drop bar hybrids" guy?
>>
>>989601
https://www.praxiscycles.com/product/cyclocross-sets/

For shimano 10/11 speed. Am I missing something?
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.