[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hello /n/ how is your day? i only recently discovered this board,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 312
Thread images: 42

File: 20160521_172712_hdr.png (3MB, 1872x1404px) Image search: [Google]
20160521_172712_hdr.png
3MB, 1872x1404px
hello /n/ how is your day?
i only recently discovered this board, lurked /b/ and /g/
The thing why i'm posting here is because i want to know what is your relationship with fixed gear bikes?
I was expecting to see more of them, but surprisingly not one
ITT discuss fixed gears and everything about them, if you want
>pic related, my fixie
>>
File: 8cea0998efc704c9657a560e89cb2bbd.jpg (370KB, 827x1223px) Image search: [Google]
8cea0998efc704c9657a560e89cb2bbd.jpg
370KB, 827x1223px
This is some lazy ass bait.
>>
>>970171
not bait, believe it or not
i genuinely am interested about said topic, because i am new here.
believe it or not, i don't really care
>>
Guess how I can tell you don't ride
>>
>>970176
but i do, almost daily
no pedals because it made for a cleaner pic
+ i am ashamed of them, they are too ugly on a too pretty frame
>>
>>970179
Dude. Your fucking drop bars are on backwards, if you didn't already know.
But you're so stupid it has to be bait.
>>
>>970182
No fucking shit idiot
i put them on backwards because i wanted to.
i'm tired of all the cliche things on fixies, i wanted to do something unique
>>
>>970199
>i wanted to do something unique
>cliche things on fixies
>>
>>970203
i didn't make this thread to talk about my fixie, i made it to talk about fixies in general, can you stop being a fucking autist and actually share an actual opinion?
>>
>>970204
>ITT discuss fixed gears and everything about them, if you want
>>pic related, my fixie
>i didn't make this thread to talk about my fixie
>>
File: 4680783.jpg (131KB, 360x433px) Image search: [Google]
4680783.jpg
131KB, 360x433px
Thanks for the laugh op.

Wrap your bars.
>>
>>970207
you're a special little snowflake, aren't you
>>
>>970210
yeah i know, never got around to it
+ i really like how chrome looks
>>
i must seem like an actual retarded person, but i really like my bars like that, i enjoy every moment of it, put them on backwards when was drunk, seemed like a good idea, then i tried them on and liked it.
Also, these are BLB pable escobar bars, and they have an weird angle to them that makes riding them "the conventional" way would be much more unconfortable
>>
>>970214
BLB pablo* escobar
>>
>>970211
>i wanted to do something unique
>you're a special little snowflake, aren't you
>>
>>970218
>there's a difference between autism and trying to be unique
>>
>>970219
>there's a difference between autism and trying to be unique
>trying to be unique
>autism
>difference
>>
>>970219
>there isn't a difference between pointing out peoples implications with meme arrows and making statements yourself
>>
Prove it's your bike because I still don't believe you. It doesn't even have pedals in the fucking picture, like it was ripped from craigslist
>>
File: 20160531_184935.jpg (4MB, 2868x1613px) Image search: [Google]
20160531_184935.jpg
4MB, 2868x1613px
>>970226
the bike is at a mechanic, getting my putting in new rear spokes, but here is a pic with the shit-pedals
also, there is no craigslist in Latvia
>>
>>970229
>getting my putting
my bad
meant putting the spokes in
>>
I sold a mint Colnago Mexico to the husband of one of my wife's colleagues. He paid £2000.

Today I found out that he has cut it in half and mounted it on either side of his garage wall to give the impression that it's breaking through.
>>
>>970232
punch the fucker in the face for me, please.
>>
>>970167
>what is your relationship with fixed gear bikes?
A friendly one; unfortunately i my seat tube is too tight for my dick so we just remain friends.
>>
>>970229
dem are some sexy lugs

>>970232
Don't be angry because you don't understand the man's rinko project
>>
>>970236
there is always the head tube and bottom bracket
>>
>>970238
i know, the soviets did sure did know how to build a bike frame that looks good
>>
>>970229
>at the mechanic
Typical aptitude of a DUI fixie rider
>>
>>970238
>mounting a demountable on a wall
>>
>>970243
i know how to fix basic things, not tighten the spokes. I much rather pay some money and have it done by someone who isn't a mechanical retard like me, so i don't break my teeth out.
>>
>>970245
>i know how to fix basic things, not tighten the spokes

>take spoke wrench
>place on spoke nipple
>turn

Honestly I think the "mechanical" in front of retard is superfluous.
>>
>>970251
not denying it. everything that i know how to fix i do myself, but the spokes are something i haven't gotten around to trying to learn
>don't even have an spoke wrench
>>
>>970254
Typical aptitude of a DUI fixie rider
>>
>>970167
You're about five years too late. There was like one summer five years ago or something there abouts where there were fixies everywhere on this board. They're out of fashion now.

I still like riding mine, though. I should get around to taking a new photo of mine and post it sometime.
>>
>>970267

>five years

more like 8-9
>>
>>970268
>more like 8-9
I don't think i've been here that long.
>>
>>970267
There was a big fixie boom in lavia too, but now it's died down a bit. I love riding fixed, especially in dense traffic
do it, share with us (me)
>>
>>970167
>>970171
Fuck you fixed gear hipster faggot riding fixie scum. Does that answer your question?
>>
File: Fight_Me_U.jpg (47KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Fight_Me_U.jpg
47KB, 600x450px
>>970278
yes, that does
and do you have any real reasons for saying that? a fixie driver cut you off while you were walking holding hands with your boyfriend?
if you are just saying shit without knowing what you are talking about you are an idiot.
>>
>>970273

not saying /n/ in general but as a common fad.
>>
Of course the fixiefag needs his own special snowflake thread.
>>
>>970286
i found no thread specially made for the discussion of fixed gear bikes. If there is a thread then please help me find it
>>
>>970291
There isn't one, just as there isn't one solely for the discussion of road bikes, or mountain bikes. We just discuss bikes.
Also please get a front brake, I'm tired of having to be dodging you guys.
>>
>>970293
so, here we are (trying) to discuss bikes, that happens to be a fixie.
I lurker for a bit, there was not even 1 word of it, that's why this thread is even a thing, i am trying to make an discussion going.
No, i will not get brakes.
>>
>>970296
>No, i will not get brakes.
Why not?
>>
>>970300
because i'm not a little bitch, i feel much safer because i control my bike. Also, less parts to put on a bike = less parts that could brake = more money for alcohol.
Also, brakes fuck up the look in my opinion
>>
>>970306
>less parts that are brakes = less parts that could brake
fixed it for you
>>
>>970307
>fixed
i kekd a little bit on the inside
>>
>>970167
Where the hell do i find a cheap lugged frame with a track fork.
>>
>>970308
d'oh
didn't even realize what i was doing
>>
>>970309
look around at forums you have the most chance of finding them there. i found mine in a forum on facebook. (also if americuck you got craigslist)
>>
>>970306
I wouldn't worry too much about your bike's "looks", if you know what I mean. Plus the brakeless fixie fad ended quite a while ago, there's no need to concern yourself with being "a little bitch".
Hope you grow up some day.
>>
>>970279
I was answering your question to be helpful. Way to be a dick dude, fucking fixie riders..
>>
>>970315
i'm not sure if my bike is ugly, unconventional, yes but not sure if ugly. (is it ugly /n/?)
that's my opinion, if you go fixed, might as well go all the way balls to the wall.
>>
>>970239
>head tube
We'll talk about this
>bottom bracket
That is lewd, anon!
>>
>>970319
No, it looks pretty sweet, actually. Even if most of /n/ wouldn't dare to admit it.
But fuck going brakeless. You better have olympic track rider level thighs before i trust you brakeless on the streets.
>>
>>970338
no, i actually am rather skinny, but the frame is stiff and skidding (and stopping) is beyond easy.
for me the trick is when skidstopping don't skin in a straight line, throw the back wheel sort of to the side, and you can stop almost instantly
>>
I sometimes hit 47mph on downhills, I climb 10% grades and lean way over into corners. Fuck the thought of even riding a fixie.
>>
>>970167
Vismaz apgriez stūri pareizā virzienā.
>>
>>970342
but i don't. My country is really flat, no mountains.
i too lean rather hard in corners, it's not inposible on a fixie, just harder
>>
>>970344
nē.
>>
>>970346
I also cruise miles of flats at 20mph or a little more on a good day, to have the gear to do that would not be a good gear on a fixie. The whole concept beyond a niche, slower, or shorter distance, moving urban type seems preposterous to myself.
>>
>>970357
it's the same on this side.
why spend hundreds (sometimes thousands) maintaining a top-notch speed monster? for me personally the easy maintainance of a fixie is a part of the charm. you ride it, lube the chain once in a while, check if everything is tightened (like 5-6 screws) check pressure and that's it.
>>
>>970167
>bait
GB2>>>/b/
>>
>>970359
are you autistic?
i've been conversing about this theme unifonically the entire time
try and read something posted for a change.
>>
>>970229
>FAGGOT on the rim of the rear wheel
Okay, I guess that is OP's bike.

>>970306
>Brakes ruin the "look" of the bike
>>970358
>why spend hundreds (sometimes thousands) maintaining
Oh nevermind, this is definitely bait. Can we please ignore the thread now please
>>
>>970358
I have to buy a new chain every year anyway because "stretch" and derailleurs don't wear out. Chains and tires are 99% of wear costs and a fixie still has those except now they'll wear out much much quicker from the abuse.
>>
>>970363
becaust that IS my bike
create referring to overpriced shit hipster wannabe

in my opinion they do, you can state a valid point why you think otherwise and we can have a thing called A FUCKING DISCUSSION about it.

so your bikes run without any maintenance whatsoever? please explain in depth, i want to learn about that
>>
>>970364
so i guess i stereotyped you guys, the same way you stereotyped me.
if only other anons took inspiration from you and actually explained themselves, not just jelling "fuck you fixed faggot go die"
>>
>>970366
You should understand that most road cyclists are obsessed with weight and being aero. They look for ways to remove things from their bikes and try to have nothing that isn't of real tangible value to them. If fixies made any sense at all to a roadie, we'd all be riding them.
>>
File: 1466141105937.webm (1014KB, 1280x544px) Image search: [Google]
1466141105937.webm
1014KB, 1280x544px
Why even reply?
>>
>>970167

fake and gay

(sage goes in all fields)
>>
>>970379
easy
don't
>>
>>970373
and having no brakes exactly fills that criteria, doesn't it?
>>
if this thread is alive when i get my bike i will timestamp it, if not i will make a new thread and
>>
>>970414
The point, if you need it spelled out, is that both brakes and a freewheel are worth having to even hardcore weight weenies and racers.
There is no argument to be made that a fixie is better in any way except maybe stunting around the block to Starbucks which is fine but isn't "cycling".
>>
>>970419
but no one said anything about them being better tho.
are you talking about cycling as a sport? every cycling is cycling you know whether it be on a road bike, an bmx or a fixie
>>
>>970421
No man, you ride a bicycle. You like to ride your bike but you're not a cyclist.
>>
>>970425
>are you talking about cycling as a sport?
i literally asked
i consider myself to be some sort of enthusiast when it comes to cycling.
>>
>>970427
I'm not though. Not everyone who has a bicycle parked in their garage or rides around the block once a week is a cyclist. You're no more a cyclist than some dad in flip flops riding around his neighborhood. Can you do over 100 miles a day on your fixie? Can you make it over the mountain on your fixie? No.
Is cool you have a fixie, good for you, neat, enjoy riding your bike around.
>>
>>970428
>Can you do over 100 miles a day on your fixie? Can you make it over the mountain on your fixie?
Yes. Are you retarded?
>>
>>970428
yeah because i have no need to drive that much (also i said that there are no mountains here)
i have driven 40 miles in one direction, then after chilling on the beach driven the same 40 miles back, wasn't that hard, could have done more if the need was there.
you shouldn't count me off as some unathletic hipster you know
>>
>>970432
>>970428
also, having 1 gear doesn't make cycling harder, in the long run it's even a bit easier, as the pedals move on their own
>>
>>970432
Nobody said hipsters aren't athletic. I'm sure you're athletic. You're just not a cyclist.
>>
>>970434
Shit man, they move on their own? I'm going to patent that before someone else.
>>
>>970435
and you are more of a cyclist because(???)
>>
>>970436
yeah there might be something wrong with my gear tho, it seems like it's sort of like "fixed" in place
idk gotta get that checked out by a professional
>>
>>970438
You can't do real cycling on a fixie.
Ergo, you are not a cyclist.
>>
File: vlcsnap-257794.png (1MB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-257794.png
1MB, 1024x576px
>>970199
this is actually pretty good bait anon

7/10
>>
>>970441
what is real cycling
>>
>>970441
you seem to forget that fixed gears have been derived from the track. and if i remember, track sure counts as cycling, or am i wrong with that one too?
>>
>>970442
it's not fucking bait for fucks sake
>>
>>970444
>derived from track
The first bike was a fixie, literally every bike thing derived from a fixie.
>>
This has devolved into
>No Real Scotsman: The Thread

How tiresome.
>>
>>970446
i'm talking the modern day part, they weren't used for a while outside the track, then messengers happened and we know the story from that point
>>
>>970448
Doesn't mean they were derived from track though.
>>
>>970449
they regained popularity because of track, messed up my statement actually
>>
>>970443
A real cyclist would know.
Go lean into a turn on a steep descent from a mountain you climbed while traversing any meaningful distance in real world land.
>>
File: laugh even harder.jpg (123KB, 500x460px) Image search: [Google]
laugh even harder.jpg
123KB, 500x460px
>>970445
>>
>>970453
so you are saying leaning on a bicycle makes you a cyclist?
>i swear this isn't bait
>but that sounds dumb
>>
Fixies got "popular" in liberal shitholes as a means to deter theft.
>>
>>970454
you don't have to believe me, i couldn't care less
>>
this probably sounds alot like bait, because i literally am a newfag here, and don't know how shit goes down here
>>
>>970463
There are some people here who REALLY hate fixed gear bikes.
OP posted his bike with his bars in a retarded way for a retarded reason and this triggered people even more.
>>
>>970457

Ironically expensive fixed gears are the most stolen now so they can resell them to stupid hipsters.
>>
>>970465
Yes very ironic.
>>
>>970464
i know they are retarded, but they are MY retarded bars, it's what i am most comfortable riding with, and i wanted something more then the basic riser or drop bar
>>
>>970467
I don't care about it. You can ride anyway you want; i'm just stating why this thread is such a mess.
>>
I drive a cheap 7 gear shimano, what's the point of these fixed gear bikes outside of racing
>>
>>970467
You wanted to be unique.
You wanted to be special.
Your answer was to be retarded.

>>970457
Fixies are literally the unholy spawn of crime born from liberal policy making and embraced as a good thing by special little snowflake Hillary voters.
>>
>>970468
thanks, but i expected that people outside of b would not be complete retards and try to understand other's point of view
>>
>>970469
simplicity, maybe just the lifestyle in some cases
i ride fix because i love the bike, how it looks, how it feels, and how agresive you can be in traffic
>>
>>970471
you don't like fixies? don't buy them then, problem solved
but is there an actual reason behind you hating, or you are just hating for the purpouse of hating?
>>
File: barsguidon.jpg (71KB, 509x558px) Image search: [Google]
barsguidon.jpg
71KB, 509x558px
>>970468
>>970467
Also if i could i would ride with pic related bars even though they are retarded.
>>
>>970469
Different feel, different attitude to riding. Anything else is pretty much bullshit at this point.

This guy gets it. >>970473

>>970472
This is still 4chan.
>>
>>970475
oh my god what bars are those?
>want
>>
>>970474
There is only love in my heart Anon, otherwise I would not concern myself with your poor decision making.
>>
File: barsguidons.jpg (364KB, 886x695px) Image search: [Google]
barsguidons.jpg
364KB, 886x695px
>>970477
Don't type like you are on facebook it makes you look like a teenager.

I have no idea, this photo is the first and only time a saw these, and it was here.
>>
>>970479
i'm sorry the inner hipster of me got a hard on
those bars would be fucking sick on an "after beer" bike
>>
File: velocio.jpg (253KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
velocio.jpg
253KB, 1024x683px
>>970480
I don't think they would be good for anything.
>>
File: velociodandy.jpg (479KB, 700x1046px) Image search: [Google]
velociodandy.jpg
479KB, 700x1046px
Also, if you look through Velocio's pics you'll find some really unique stuff from the time people were exploring every possibility they could.
>>
>>970481
if you are a smelly hipster they would be
i want them purely for shits and giggles
>>
>>970481
What is going on with that bike's drivetrain(s)? Cogs and chains on both sides, of different sizes... interesting.
>>
>>970489
give this a read
http://www.bookingmallorca.co.uk/blog/inventor-cicloturism-velocio/
>>
>>970489
When derailleurs didn't exist people would get creative.
He also invented derailleurs.
>>
>>970471
>latvia
>hillary

Also if you look at the demographics, it was Sanders that was doing well with young voters.
>>
>>>/toy/
>>
>>970481
>>970489
>>970490
>>970493
But how does it work?
>>
>>970481
Are those V brakes?
>>
>>970651
actually no clue, it must work someway
>>
>>970508
if i would be an american, i would vote for bernie, actually + obama seems like a good president, it's a shame he's getting kicked out
>>
>backwards handlebars
>edgy slogans on rims
>fucking stuffed animal hanging off seat

first of all i've seen bikes like this parked outside of every single fucking university library in every fucking state

you're not unique, you're not special, you're not edgy. You're a wanker.

second of all this thread should be moved to /fa/ because you don't care about riding, you're using your bike as a fashion statement to prove a point about how much of a fucking hipster you are

third of all kill yourself, your weak bait is triggering the fuck out of me. Know that you deserve a quick and painful death. Good night.
>>
>>970667
>still talking about the handlebars
not edgy, i hate create bikes (i already explained this) as they are overpriced for what they offer, people buy them to look like cool fixed gear fans and then ride on a freewheel like massive faggots.
that is my good luck charm, you shouldn't be worried about it, idiot.
maybe in americuh, yes, but i'm not from americuh IF YOU HADN'T NOTICED, and here this is beyond unique and it's what i was going.
i care about riding also, this is a board about transportation, and i'm talking about a bike, that is a means of transportation (or is it not?)
bring up valid points and then let's talk

also, if it was weak bait, why did you get triggered?
>>
>>970651
Try to make sense out of it because i can't.
Plus some cool links:
http://alchetron.com/Paul-de-Vivie-1191725-W
http://www.edubilla.com/invention/derailleur-gears/
http://www.lepetitbraquet.fr/chron2_paul_vivier.htm
>>
>>970722
>>
File: Velocio velo chains.jpg (56KB, 735x536px) Image search: [Google]
Velocio velo chains.jpg
56KB, 735x536px
>>970723
>>
>>970724
Something more modern now.
>>
File: derailleurgears3.png (287KB, 489x329px) Image search: [Google]
derailleurgears3.png
287KB, 489x329px
>>970726
>>
>>970229
>"fuck your create faggot" on rim
>use create pedal straps
>>
File: Capture+_2016-03-02-21-11-59-1.png (2MB, 1440x771px) Image search: [Google]
Capture+_2016-03-02-21-11-59-1.png
2MB, 1440x771px
Is this a bait thread I smell?
>>
>>970338
It's really not that hard. everyone that rides brakeless just wants you to think it is because they want to feel like a special snowflake. It's definitely harder there's no denying that, but it's reaaaaaaally fucking slow for climbing and descending compared to a bike with a freehub and gears because you're either cranking your ass off going uphill or spinning your ass off going downhill(if your riding clipless and can't footbrake). They are oudated and belong in velodromes outside of having a beater/grocery getter, because it's a lot easier to ride without hands and you don't have to worry about brake levers
>>
>>970739
they are not create, some cheap chinese noname straps that cost like 5 euros
>>
>>970760
no, not really
>>
Calling peeps faggots for riding market SS bikes while your own bike looks the way it does because you wanted to be beyond unique makes you the faggot.

That's a dope ass frame but the shit you've slapped on it makes it just as bad as those Creates you hate so much.

Get some nice pedals, remove retarded slogan from rearwheel, use the bar as intended or get an actual pursuit bar and fucking wrap it. Then you'll have a nice looking bike. Keep the smurf tho.
>>
File: fixed tcr_zpsculnktla.jpg (177KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
fixed tcr_zpsculnktla.jpg
177KB, 960x720px
>>970441
>You can't do real cycling on a fixie.
Stephane Ouaja finished 12th in the Transcontinental Race last year riding pic related.
>>
>>971144
this is the criticism i wanted
Will be getting nice pedals, when i get some money (not that soon)
might remove the slogan, but it states my ideology
i will be forced to turn them soon, because i'll be attending a race when you need proper drops
smurf stays for life
>>
>>971146
is a fixie still a fixed gear when it has breaks, clip ons and is on the freewheel 100% of the time?

sounds like more of a single speed road bike
>>
>>971168
you can have breaks and clip ons on a fixie fyi
>>
What the fuck are Creates? Why couldn't they have a name that i can Google?
>>971146
And there is this guy too.
https://www.redbulletin.com/us/us/sports/patrick-seabase-tackles-the-tour-de-france-on-a-fixie
>>
>>971173
it's literally createbikes.com/
>>
>>971176
kek
I thought i tried searching "create bicycle" but never did.

>Fixed geared bikes are the scourge of modern bicycle fashion, in fact fixies are beginning to epitomise fashion. In this fast moving world where fashion is playing an increasingly more important role in setting and reflecting culture and tastes it is essential to develop products which can not only keep up with the pace but stay ahead of the game. Create has succeeded in doing just that. With their expertise Create Bikes have long fulfilled the demand of leading cities such as London for the fixie fashion bike by making it much more accessible, affordable and desirable. The essential fashion accessory!
>Create Bikes belief is that just as fashion evolves to meet the demands of the world so must other products. We work hard to Create new designs, new colours and fresh ideas whilst always maintaining our goal to deliver great value to our customers.

I can see why people hate them.
>>
>>971178
Although their site makes a nice 'clic' noise when you change the pictures.
>>
>>971178
also, they are overpriced, the quality is literal shit

>and 90% of people buy them and ride freewheel
>>
>>971181
but, and i say BUT the newest model has an integrated beer opener under the seat, and that is actually amazing, actually am considering buying that and scratching the label off
>>
>>971183
the seat, i mean
>>
>>971170
brakes and freewheel.......tint it into road bike territory

it just happened to have a cog on the side that he wasn't using
>>
>>971146
That's not a fixie new fag, it's just a single speed.
>>
>>971183
>integrated beer opener

it's been done 1,000 times on different bike parts

the beer dork + cyclist meme needs to die
>>
>>971185
>>971189
Fixed/fixed AFAIK. You got any evidence to the contrary?
>>
>>971194
I remember buying my first combination bike tool + beer bottle opener when I was a teenager in the 90s and feeling so kewl and countercultural

every generation thinks it's the first to discover everything, that's why old people are so cynical and young people are so annoying
>>
>>971194
yeah fuck beer i want a bike that powers a cocktail mixer via the pedals because there's nothing better than a negroni for that midride boost
>>
>>971198
i have a shoehorn/bottle opener that came from my grandad's collection of grandad shit so yeah
>>
Why do people here think fixies are so much harder than a regular bike?
It seems like you can't pedal for shit.

https://www.apidura.com/adventures/dogs-and-thieves-stephane-ouajas-tcr15/
>>
>>971204
Depends on what you mean by "harder"

My ride is already 52 minutes on average with 11-speed, I used to ride a single speed and it was an hour and fifteen, and my knees hurt all the time because I had to mash my way up hills

I guess if you're only going to the corner dive bar in your flyover meth town where the local hipsters try to cosplay as 2003 brooklynites, it doesn't really matter what you ride, just use whatever makes you feel "deck"
>>
>>971207
Your gear was really messed up then or you just ride badly. People go long distance on SS all the time and don't have problems.
Don't blame the bike on your inefficiencies
>>
>>971211
I can confirm it was messed up. What was messed up about it was that it was one gear for 18 miles with elevation changes.

Why can't you accept that you're like ten years late? If you want a "connection" to the drivetrain, chop off your legs and use a hand push wheelchair
>>
>>971197
Effectively, it's a fixie if you turn the wheel around. We can get into pedantic semantics about the bike being a fixie but I guarantee he used that free wheel which means he didn't ride it for the duration of trip as a fixie. Your argument is invalid.
>>
>>971234
>he used that free wheel
What fucking freewheel? Can you point me to a picture or text that proves he had a freewheel instead of a double fixed setup?
>>
>>971229
>implying i'm arguing in favor of anything
All i'm saying is that people here think that fixies are some impossible bikes that can only run for 5 km before exploding.
It makes you look like bad cyclists because fixed gear bicycles are not much harder than a conventional bike, and people ride them, for long distances, with no problems.
See >>971234, for example, he can't accept that the guy did it with a fixie, when in reality it's a very plausible thing to do.
>>
>>971239
Who says they're exploding? No one. You're fabricating a point of view that doesn't exist because you're hoping to deflect attention from the fact that you're just now discovering a trend that came and (thankfully) went.

Fixies have their place, and that place is getting abused by minimum wage lifers in a flat urban environment making frequent short trips and never doing any maintenance whatsoever. And also, enclosed indoor tracks.

For distances over a few miles they are dogshit. Just because it's physically possible doesn't make it a good idea, everyone else figured this out around 2009, get with the program.
>>
>>971253
>Who says they're exploding?
It's a hyperbole.
>You're fabricating a point of view that doesn't exist because you're hoping to deflect attention from the fact that you're just now discovering a trend that came and (thankfully) went.
I have no idea where you got that from...
>Just because it's physically possible
It's not only physicaly possible but very easy.
>everyone else figured this out around 2009, get with the program.
I don't even have a fixie anymore, doesn't mean i don't know how easy it is to ride one

I don't understand how you can have so much hatred for something that has nothing to do with you. If you don't like something it's all right, but don't make lies about it. Half of the things you said is just you degrading something just because you don't like it.

Seriously try doing things you enjoy instead of focusing on hating the things you don't.
>>
>>971254
You know what's even easier? Shifting.

No one will stop you from trying to rediscover where others have discovered before. But don't be mad when someone who has some cycling experience tries to help you understand some important details you might have overlooked. Like the invention of multi speed cassettes, brakes, etc
>>
>>971262
>You know what's even easier? Shifting.
Taking a taxi would be way easier.
>>
>>970199
Nice idea mate! I was thinking of putting my saddle backwards.
>>
>>971319
I'm just going to gouge out my eyes and smash my kneecaps with a hammer

I'm tired of being bossed around by these snobby fixie hipsters who demonstrate their prowess and good sense by riding gimped bikes while wearing headphones. I'll show them just how easy it is to do without!
>>
Riding a fixed gear on public streets is the same bullshit as pouring nutella all over your hotdog
>>
>>971194
i can open a beer with a lighter, i don't need the opener, but it would be convenient.
>>
>>971326
what's wrong with riding with headphones? for me listening to OM makes me pedal faster
sort of getting in a zone
(i don't need to see the cars because i have eyes and look around frequently)
>>
>>971367
i strongly disagree, it's easier for me and i can't see me (only myself, others can do what they want) riding a freewheel in traffic
>>
File: 20160621_231054.jpg (4MB, 2976x2976px) Image search: [Google]
20160621_231054.jpg
4MB, 2976x2976px
op here
here is the timestamp
>>
>>970214
>go over bump
>slip from handles
>>
>>971377
not a problem. have been driving even REALLY drunk and no problem with sliding.
only had problems once when it was raining rather hard
>>
>>971373
>Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?
>>
This thread bothers me. What's with the actual hate with fixies? I know that some "fixed gear riders" give us regular people bad rep. Like those people that bomb hills and shit and ride through traffic wihout brakes. I equally hate those kind of riders.
You cant hate the bike though. I bought a cheap single speed for 200 bucks online for transportation to work. Its now 2 years later and its holding up fine. I do have everything stock on it, but am working on it as time goes, by getting new parts and such.

>>970760
Aint that the meme machine? I am pretty sure i have seen that bike somewhere in a different thread.
>>
File: navparkokaunēties.jpg (347KB, 619x1100px) Image search: [Google]
navparkokaunēties.jpg
347KB, 619x1100px
sweet, we have a new /tbg/* here

čau tautiet, laipni lūgts vislabākajā no dēļiem

>>970167
>what is your relationship with fixed gear bikes
šitais:
>>968382
>Old bike messengers (pre-2002?) were riding fixed and they were fucking cool
>The problem was the hipster thing happened, the basis of the social movement being young people hunting for an "authentic" lifestyle while still being consumers. It came down to suburban shopping-mall youths trying to BUY their way to a real, meaningful life. They saw how messengers were living and wanted that "beautiful simplicity" of simulated gritty poverty cycling
>After that proved too painful/dangerous for someone who isn't on a bike 8 hours a day, it moved on to "randoneur/french/le velo orange/fop wagon/650b!" --- that aesthetic got old fast, and the new thing is "Adventure biking" and "bikepacking rigs" so you can pretend to be a transient cycle tourist dude who totally boils eggs for breakfast on a pop-can stove in public parks
>Next trend? Ugh who knows.
visur civilizētajā pasaulē progresīvā jaunatne pārdod savus fikšus un brauc ar cx, normiji ķer gavnofikšus rimčikos kā karstus pīrādziņus

>>970365
>>>970363
>becaust that IS my bike
un tu vēl teici, ka atnāci no /b/

>>970344
ē ko bļa? ir vēl labusijā kāds kurš šo dēli nelasa?

*trollbikegeneral
>>
>>971405
you really have to be autistic to not understand what i said.
>>
>>971425
yep, piekrītu par mūsdienām. Pats personīgi biju ļoti ilgu laiku normijs kur brauca ar vecu startonu fixā bez strapiem, tad parādījās kautkāda nauda un sagribēju salikt tādu velo, kas patiks tieši man, ko es arī izdarīju.
tagad normijiem topā ir cheetah's un manis heitotie krijeiti

>tu teici ka atnāci no /b/
jo es tā izdarīju

pats biju pārsteigts dzirdēt latvijas mēli šeit.
>>
>>971557
>Pats personīgi biju ļoti ilgu laiku normijs
pielabošu, nevis normijs bet idiots
>>
>>971557
>normijiem topā ir cheetah
ir vēl, kur krist zemāk, ir!11

tieši rimikos un mahimās laikam 199.99 eur fikšus vēl netirgo (deru uz vienu valteru / optima līniju, ka nākamgad toč būs), bet sportsdairektā tak ir, un tādās bedrēs kā vienības gatves galā arī
>>
>>971555
I only understood it a while after. You wrote in a messy way with the misplaced 'me' and 'myself'.

>I strongly disagree, it's easier for me and i can't see myself riding a FW in traffic, others can do what they want
>>
>>971617
Sorry, english is not my first language.
>>
>>971578
Vismaz būs par interesanti skatīties kā viņi krīt, ar saviem rimi fixiem
>>
>>971374
honestly suprised
>>
>>970722
I think I understand.
The toggle lever on the crank shifts the gearing between one gear or the other. Not sure if free wheels existed back then, but the toggle could turn on the second chain and both chains could be running with the free wheel on the slower being overwhelmed and not adding in power, and not affecting the motion.
Seems like the simplest system.
>>
>>970167
OP, here there are no serious discussions about topics, its almost all shitposting
even when it doesnt seem like a shitposting post, it is
>>
I saw a guy riding past on a penny farthing downtown today. He had a period looking leather saddle bag and attire, complete with cycling cap that matched his pants, that would have made the 1890's accuse him of being a hipster.

I felt so inadequate on my fixed gear, wearing jeans and hoodie.
>>
>>971657
What a fag, I bet he was using one of the newfangled iPods! Did you ask him to email you his MySpace homepage? LMAO hipsters are so silly!
>>
>>971657
i know you pain
>>
>>971644
He was born 10-20 years after the first freewheel.
>>
>>971374
Well, whatta ya know. OP truly is a fag.
>>
>>970275
>Latvia
I'm surprised you can even afford a bike, let alone a meme fixie bike
>>
>>972134
not everyone in latvia is poor.
>>
>>970434
>as the pedals move on their own
That only applies to fixed gears, you pleb.
>>
>>972221
Are you aware what thread you are posting in?
>>
There are practical advantages to riding fixed, though they are extremely marginal. The main reason why anyone might choose to ride fixed (outside of a track racing situation) is a subjective preference for the unique sensation it provides, which is a perfectly satisfactory justification. Everyone who cycles for reasons of personal enjoyment ought to try a fixed gear bike to see if what it offers appeals to them. If it does not appeal, that's an equally valid justification for not riding a fixed gear, though it does not provide any grounds for disputing justifications of those who do chose to ride them.

Anyone who rides brakeless on public roads at speeds faster than a walking pace deserves a smack though, regardless of whether they ride fixed or free.
>>
>>970434
They don't move on their own. They move by drawing energy from the kinetix reserve that is keeping you going forward. They move by slowing you down. How does that make cycling "easier in the long run" you uneducated hipster?
>>
>>972223
this guy gets it
>>
>>971372
>i don't need to see the cars because i have eyes and look around frequently
Jaden? Is that you?
>>
>>972352
how can cars be real if our eyes aren't?
>>
>>970232
what the fuck?
>>
>>970199
:D
;P
>>
>>972484
xD
>>
File: 20160619_195758-1.jpg (623KB, 3188x1569px) Image search: [Google]
20160619_195758-1.jpg
623KB, 3188x1569px
>>970229
If you really ride with your bars like that you should kill yourself.
>>
File: Capture+_2016-03-14-19-56-42-1.png (2MB, 1440x795px) Image search: [Google]
Capture+_2016-03-14-19-56-42-1.png
2MB, 1440x795px
>>971424
Yep. I found a couple hundred bucks in a wallet on the street a while ago and figured I would buy the most obnoxious looking fixie I could could find for shits and giggles. And this was the result. I also got a specialized helmet from a friend that matches and I tore the I and z stickers off so it reads special ed
>>
>>971146
Yeah But you would have to use a freehub or you would destroy your legs spinning for that long
>>
>>973014
If you really waste your time taking gay pictures of your bars like that you should kill yourself.
>>
>>971173
People seem forget that you can unclip going downhill and foot brake, not like backpedaling downhill is that hard. And as long as you're geared reasonably hills aren't a problem. Riding a fixed gear brakeless isn't hard, it's just slow compared to a road bike and looks hard
>>
>>973021
>waste your time

It took like 15 seconds to pull my phone out, take a picture, and put it back in my pocket you fucking retard
>>
>>970229
> Latvia
Zirga Galva ;DDD
>>
>>972223
Too much sense for this board.
>>
>>970229
Is there potato?
>>
>>973144
wat
>>
File: 20160622_212537.jpg (3MB, 2976x2976px) Image search: [Google]
20160622_212537.jpg
3MB, 2976x2976px
>>973014
i ride them like this
>>
File: oboxiouscrmo.jpg (178KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
oboxiouscrmo.jpg
178KB, 800x600px
>>973019
is yours a pure shit spec hi-ten walmart bike or anything remotely decent?

>>973144
eik čiulpti
>>
biked my first 40 kms

headwinds are a cunt
>>
>>973255
Well done.
>>
>>973256
thanks brah

small question, how much do you eat before a 40km ride? i had an apple, and oatmeal with a spoon of honey and some raisins
>>
>>971644
OK And now I just found this thing. Not quite the same, but a similar idea.
>>
>>973283
That's alright. Just try not riding right away after eating. You could do 40kms on an empty stomach no problem.
>>
>>973019

i wanted to do some decals for my oversprayed kaffenback.
I was thinking about
special ed / a lol
or
regular / paid vacation
>>
>>973223
>eik čiulpti
Hey there's no need to be buthurt over a little brotherly love. You're from Riga? if I get my summer vacation maybe we could have a ride together
>>
>>973491
aš esu the guy you replied to, o aš nesu OP. kodėl gi ne. kada tu atvažiuosi į Rygą?

>>973179
>wat
for some reason our dear southern neighbours find it funny calling us horseheads. yet we can't feel offended by this when their language delivers so much amusement, like, what they call a color tv and semi-skimmed milk in our language would mean a hairy tv and half-avenged milk respectively
>>
>>973255
>Pluralising unit symbols
Please re-read the SI Brochure.
>>
>>973537
Just fucking stop already, or at least link to the relevant page and section in the brochure.
>>
>>973294
Confirmed for being an even bigger retard than OP. Have fun bonking
>>
>>973567
I ride 40kms with ~1km elevation almost every morning with just a cup of coffee in my belly, and I'm not particularly fit. It's no big deal.
>>
>>973567

>bonking
>40km

You should probably not use words you don't understand.
>>
>>973567

40km is literally nothing.
I used to not even bring a water bottle for 40km.
>>
>>973574
You are particularly fit.
>>
>>973580
>40 = 0
>>
File: my rustles.png (484KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
my rustles.png
484KB, 1280x720px
>>973585

40km is literally figuratively nothing.
>>
File: literallyfiguratively.jpg (61KB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
literallyfiguratively.jpg
61KB, 360x270px
>>973594
Are you figuratively literally trying to give me a headache?
>>
File: dogfacedwoman.jpg (36KB, 416x423px) Image search: [Google]
dogfacedwoman.jpg
36KB, 416x423px
>>973582
MOAR LIEK PARTICULARLY FAT AMIRITE GUISE
>>
>>973608

Only allegorically.
>>
>find bike on CL
>talk to guy, decide on price, when to meet
>never hear from him again
super...
>>
>>973540
The SI Brochure is a fantastically brief document, considering the importance of the information it contains. Reading it in full is time well spent for anyone.

>>973283
>>973579
>>973580
>>973594
>No space between the number and the unit symbol

>>973574
>Pluralising unit symbols
>No space between the number and the unit symbol
>>
>>973833
Just fucking link that shit already
>>
>>970722
>>970651
It uses the clip on the left crank to toggle freewheel of the larger sprocket. while the larger sprocket is engaged the smaller sprocket is putting negative force on its cassete.

Probably...
>>
File: 020c9215c5e3dedf1b6959e3d2f8c87c.jpg (110KB, 1000x665px) Image search: [Google]
020c9215c5e3dedf1b6959e3d2f8c87c.jpg
110KB, 1000x665px
>>970167
nice try, pappa smurf, nice try...</thread>
>>
>>973887
what's wrong with pappa smurf?
>>
>>973833
are you the resident idiot here?
>>
>>973944
there are several
>>
>>970204
>fixie
everything has already been said
>>
>>973862
>already
Did I miss a previous request for a link to the Brochure? If so I extend my sincere apologies. Here is a link to BIPM's English-language page on the SI Brochure. The entire English text is there, as well as downloadable PDFs in both French and English. Please note that it is the French text which takes precedence if there is any discrepancy in meaning between the two texts.

http://www.bipm.org/en/publications/si-brochure/

>>973944
I shouldn't think so.
>>
File: Jan_Raas_1978.jpg (2MB, 2805x2445px) Image search: [Google]
Jan_Raas_1978.jpg
2MB, 2805x2445px
>>970306
>Also, brakes fuck up the look in my opinion
do you even ATMO, bro?
>>
>>970319
balls to the stem

ftfy
>>
>>974009
if you know how to brake the painfull contact percentage of groin to stem is 0%
>>
>>974014
>
does your bike go into tite gapz?
>>
>>974017
if i understood you correctly, yes.
>
tite gapz being ur mom
>>
>>973707
guy emailed me back, he was a total dick about my offer price. problem is, i still want his bike.
>>
>>974021
dude, sickk
>>
>>974024
ask him how much he wants
>>
>>974033
>>974024
or, you know, armed robbery is always an option
>>
File: Snapchat-7889923210668564111.jpg (390KB, 1440x2392px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-7889923210668564111.jpg
390KB, 1440x2392px
guys i "fixed" my bike for an upcoming event
>>
>>976343
Thank fuck. That cork looks retarded though.
>>
>>976353
that's the only thing that was sort of close to a barend
came off of a bottle of vodka, money well spent if you ask me
>>
>>976343
>upcoming event
ko, vai tad briest stīl vintāž 3.0?

>>976356
šampja korķi ftw
>>
>>976380
nop, tfk criteriums playgroundā

not šampis, tas ir korķis no limonchelli
>>
>>976343
You haven't fixed shit the main problem is that they're unwrapped.
>>
>>976458
didn't have any tape, also, will be reverting them back in like a week or two, so no real point in wrapping them now
>>
File: huffy (2).jpg (263KB, 1310x800px) Image search: [Google]
huffy (2).jpg
263KB, 1310x800px
>>976460
buy some fucking tape you dumb nigger bars with tape on are far more comfortable and safe it will make a huge difference and you'll enjoy riding a lot more, if you get strong tape like fizik you can rewrap when you switch back to retard mode, bare bars look so stupid as well, if your hands are sweaty or its wet theyre dangerous, it's just so much nicer to ride with tape, such an insane difference, you're so stupid, REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>976460
>will be reverting them back
pls don't, you're making a fool of yourself
>>
>>970229
I never thought in my life I would let myself become this enraged by a bicycle.
>>
>>970199
You are the dumbest most tryhard hipster I've ever seen
>>
>>976479
good job, you don't have to be, it's not your bike, you are not forced to ride it
faggot
>>
>>976466
i fall to often due to alcohol, no pint wasting money on something that will just end up getting destroyed
>>
File: Capture+_2016-03-14-19-56-03-1.png (2MB, 1440x753px) Image search: [Google]
Capture+_2016-03-14-19-56-03-1.png
2MB, 1440x753px
>>973223
It's a 200$ bike i bought for shits and giggles
>>973182
seems uncomfortable
>>
File: Bike.jpg (13KB, 312x312px) Image search: [Google]
Bike.jpg
13KB, 312x312px
>>970167
I have a fixed gear with a fliplop hub (I keep it on the freewheeel side).
Love it, perfect for my short (5-6mile) commute.
Pic related
>>
>>977638
>I keep it on the freewheeel side
You have an ss.
>>
>>977649
Fair enough
>>
>>977638
you are exactly what i hate
>>
>>977767
Why?
>>
File: bike.jpg (151KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
bike.jpg
151KB, 960x720px
Here's my fixie. Pic was used as an alleycat checkpoint.
>>
File: 20160705_145105.jpg (2MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160705_145105.jpg
2MB, 5312x2988px
here is my fixie
It's nice to bring it out when I feel like a change from bikes with too many complicated and confusing gears
>>
>>977965

What alleycat was that? The alleycat of 5 mph hipsters with poor taste?
>>
an advice, just ignore the haters that keep spamming to make it seem like /n/ hates fixies, most people here like them

btw I don't own a fixie, I just have a cheap mtb that I'm adapting into a hybrid
>>
>>977991
Get a load of this official /n/ spokesperson
>>
File: hipster dumpster.jpg (1MB, 2400x1800px) Image search: [Google]
hipster dumpster.jpg
1MB, 2400x1800px
hanging out
>>
>>977991
>most people here like them
[citation needed]
>>
>>970167
Fuck you, fuck your shitty fixxie. Gtfo. I don't want to look at it, I don't want to work on it, I don't want to listen to you whine about having to replace parts all the time.
>fixxies literally eat their components alive.
>>
>>978000
>track grips
i bet you ride off the drops all the time. Fucking moron. It looks shit too. Get some white fizik. Rest of bike is nice.
>>
>>977649
He never implied otherwise, why did you feel the need to post that?
>>
>>977801
>i have a fixed gear
>i keep it on the freewheel side
>>
>>977972
it's a thing of beauty, nice taste
>>
>>978000
are those blb pista cranks? i have them too, nice
>>
>>979006
Yeah, but why the hate?
>>
>>978136
Because claiming you have a fixed gear when you never ride it fixed side is ridiculous.
>>
>>979010
because you don't have a fixie, but act like you do
>>
>>979012
as if having a fixie is some kind of badge of honor or something.
>>
>>979015
no, it's not, but pretending to own one is retarded. if you have a flipflop then might as well put the wheel on correctly
>>
>>979025
>correctly
>>
>>970344
>>976343
labāk vēlu nekā nekad
>>
>>970167
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyitrLKUUJI

you'll enjoy this film mate
>>
>>979101
it's cool, i like cornfed much better tho, even knowing that cornfed isn't really a movie
>>
File: photo.jpg (171KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
171KB, 900x900px
>299 replies and 40 images omitted. Click here to view.

all in response to a shitpost.
it's almost like /n/ is a real board.
we made it senpai!
>>
>>979107
get the motherfucking medals, we're celabrating
>>
>>970428
Jesus christ look at this tryhard faggot

Please strangle yourself with your lycra
>>
>>979107
Every time is scroll past this thread now i just want to squeeze those titties.
>>
>>979107

>kā ir pareizāk?

>a) ja ciči guļot uz muguras ir lielāki nekā riepa četrrāpus, tad laba vecene,
>vai
>b) guļot uz muguras ciči nav mazāki par riepu
>vai
>c) ciči guļot uz muguras ir lielāki nekā riepa četrrāpus
>vai
>d) riepa guļot uz muguras lielāka nekā ciči četrrāpus.

>skaidrs, ka d) variants ir visai frīkains. kā var ievilkts vēders būt lielāks nekā izkarināti ciči? mēs te neskaitam grūtniecību, jo grūtniecība nav riepa.

>diezgan kruta, ja ievilkti ciči vienalga pārspēj izkarinātu vēderu
>>
Damn, what a shit thread.

I'll be the first to admit that fixed gear in this day and outside of the velodrome is pretty fucking dumb, and all that about feeling connected to your bike or less maintenance is almost completely false, if you're on a bike and pedaling you will feel connected regardless if you can freewheel, and if you mash on a bike you will need to maintain the same parts regardless. Sure they don't have breaks, derailleurs or cassettes, but how often do you really need to maintain those, it's the chain and wheel-set that need attention 90% of the time.

The only legitimate reason to ride fixed is it's fun. Plain and simple. I've had 10 speeds and ss before, though easier and faster to get around, it wasn't as fun, and I would always pick my fixie.

I get the "hipster fashion accessory" thing, and why that would be a turn off, but the important thing, it's getting people on bikes, and a few people I used to cruise around with are now on multi speed bikes, going on long distance trips. It's like a gateway drug, it's a stepping stone to a harder hit.

Well, that's my retarded rambling, as douchey as it can be, so can all forms of cycling, no need to shit on someone because they wanted to talk about a specific form of bicycle.
>>
>>980261
es balsoju par a
Thread posts: 312
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.