[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When will you realize that cars are the best form of transportation?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

File: 1992_Honda_NSXR-0-1536.jpg (327KB, 1536x1010px) Image search: [Google]
1992_Honda_NSXR-0-1536.jpg
327KB, 1536x1010px
When will you realize that cars are the best form of transportation?
>>
>>1067752
At least post a practical car if you're going to make some stupid bait.
>>
>>1067753
The NSX is a work of art

>Honda
>not practical
>>
>>1067752
>sitting in traffic like a dumbass
>best form of transportation
tip jej
>>
>>1067754
its a fucking accord you pleb. 5.7 0-60. my forester is faster than that shit.
>>
>>1067791
but muh ayrton senna
>>
>>1067752
When will you realize that automobiles are not the only form of transportation?

When will you realize that most people own cars and own bikes (I have a pickup truck, a motorcycle, and TWO bikes, soon to be THREE bikes)?

When will you realize that the time you spend posting pointless troll threads could be spend doing something actually beneficial to your life in the long-term, and that you're wasting the resources of one of the few truly anonymous forums for discussion that exists on the Internet?

..and finally:
When will you realize that the 'reactions' that you imagine people have to silly threads like this one, are not even close to reality? You think you're having some sort of huge impact on people's moods, getting them all riled up and angry, when in fact it's extremely rare that anyone actually gets angry at something as inconsequential as this? Think about it: You're some totally anonymous person that no one will ever meet, and are really just words on a screen with a picture; some computer code could do what you're doing based on an algorithm, no human being required. What makes you think anything you're saying or doing here is so important that anyone would bother to be bothered by it? We're not. At most we shake our heads sadly for a moment, thinking "Wow, people on the Internet can say such dumb things", and move on to something else.

Perhaps you should consider all this carefully and think about using your apparently abundant free time to do something more productive and positive, more to your personal benefit? Think about it.
>>
>>1067791
>a 25 year old sports car is as fast as a present day sedan
whoa, next thing you're going to tell me is a 1967 ferrari is slower than a 1994 toyota avalon

lol at the baka who fall for the ferrari meme
>>
>>1067752
cars are only good if you live in a small town or in the country, and that ends as soon as you enter a big town or city.

best solution is drive from your small town to a big town, park up and finish the journey by bicycle or public transport.
>>
File: 1466567061723828657.jpg (136KB, 800x428px) Image search: [Google]
1466567061723828657.jpg
136KB, 800x428px
> so speed
> much drive
> such relax

Apart from that: ecological, urban planning, health disaster with ridiculous weight-to-payload ratio.

That doesn't mean I don't like to drive or I think cars have no niche but "best form of transportation"?
OP, you and your comrade car-worshippers are destined for extinction (or rather severe decline) sooner or later.
>>
>>1067876
Its already happening. Millenials dont have the same love boner for cars that boomers do
>>
>>1067880
That'll change when they hit 40 and start moving out to the burbs into all those houses that are going onto the market for cheap as their boomer owners die.
>>
Cars are only the best when there's no traffic and available parking wherever you go. Even then I wouldn't call them perfect until most cars on the road are automated and run on electricity.

I cage to work 20 miles away, takes about half an hour to 45 minutes. A lot faster than the 2-3 hours I would spend trying to bike, get on a bus and make it the commuter train station, ride the train, switch to another bus, then finally ride the last quarter mile to my office. I like alternate transportation and all but time is far more important than most things for me.

Though for most of America, a car will get you somewhere faster than every other form of transportation except for planes, a couple of Amtrak routes, and some transit in the larger cities.
>>
>>1067752
but I have
/o/ has been pretty lame lately so decided to branch out
>>
>>1068372
>20 miles away
most cyclists in decent shape can do this in just a bit over an hour
>>
>>1070427
yeah I'm 15 miles from work and I average just under an hour most of the year (slower when I've got my winter tires on), but hey what do I know, maybe it's tough to keep a decent speed when you're a soft lazy subhuman cager who thinks exercise is a kind of punishment to be endured under direct medical supervision in response to a recent heart attack
>>
>>1070427
Roadies need to check their privilege
>>
>>1070421
Sup fellow /o/tist. ">>>/n/" is a pretty lame insult i've seen thrown around on /o/ so i thought i'd check it out. I guess i'm still a car enthusiast first and foremost but I use public transport to commute since it's easier and quicker here. Not really into cycling but there are some interesting discussions on this board
>>
>>1067876
2013 called, it wants its cancerous doge meme back.
>>
File: InternationalPickup.jpg (532KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
InternationalPickup.jpg
532KB, 1024x768px
>>1067752
>cars

Muh truck!
>>
>>1067853
They produced them until 2005 you fucking pleb. 03 foz>05 nsx
>>
>>1067752
Helicopters are faster and more maneuverable.
Helicopters can go over water and ignore terrain(mostly).
Helicopters can strafe.
Cars aren't the best transport, let alone the best land based transport.
>>
File: gyrocopter-for-sale-xenon-2.jpg (101KB, 2048x1360px) Image search: [Google]
gyrocopter-for-sale-xenon-2.jpg
101KB, 2048x1360px
>>1070554
Wrong. gyros are cheaper to produce and safer to fly than both 2 person planes and helicopters.
>>
>>1070578
Still means cars are shit
>>
>>1067752
Those car seats look like tortured souls
>>
Cars will only perform at their best when 100% of vehicles are automated so computers can work out how to move everyone efficiently without causing traffic. You don't need 20 lanes of highway space if every car moves at exactly the same speed and bunches themselves close together, achieving maximum capacity. Of course, we are ages away from that so no cars are not the best.
>>
Has the range for my commute.
Bonus points for a straight line with no congestion.
>>
>>1067752
When you are 100% guaranteed of finding a parking place first time every time and can get a workout while driving.
>>
>>1067753
> boxed design
> looks like a box of sperm
no thanks
>>
File: 1495182157608.png (89KB, 1271x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1495182157608.png
89KB, 1271x1000px
>>1067752
pic related is you OP
not everyone is a piece of shit white trash like you, some people know that a bike is the most efficient transportation for city living

fuck off back to /o/ lard ass
>>
>>1067752
Motorcycles are much better in the city, but outside of citys the car is king.
>>
>>1072465
Do they sell sperm in boxes in the US? It just keeps getting weirder.
>>
>>1070741
Move to a rural area and disable the power steering
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.