[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come music wasn't a serious art until Christian Europeans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: JS-Bach.jpg (55KB, 801x455px) Image search: [Google]
JS-Bach.jpg
55KB, 801x455px
How come music wasn't a serious art until Christian Europeans developed it during the Medieval and Renaissance periods? Does it bother you that classical music began and lived as church music for a long time? Modern music owes everything to the church, and virtually all the greatest composers were religious. If we had to measure it objectively, music is the most Christian form of art above everything else, and therefore /mu/ is inherently the most religious board on 4chan.
>>
File: 1434628464173.jpg (17KB, 350x277px) Image search: [Google]
1434628464173.jpg
17KB, 350x277px
>>75022944
pretty sure it was serious with the greeks but they lost a lot of the music
>Does it bother you that classical music began and lived as church music for a long time?
no because a lot of superb music is religious
>>
>>75022944
Not really, it just coincides with the summer of the Faustian civilization.
>>
>>75022944
there's literally nothing wrong with believing in God
many empires have taken music very seriously, but much of it is lost. Music is an elevated form of culture in India, China, Indonesia, Africa, and Aboriginal America, among others, and all of these cultures developed more or less independently of Western Europe.
>>
>>75022944
wow op, nice use of the transitive property
>>
File: Beautiful.jpg (96KB, 720x678px) Image search: [Google]
Beautiful.jpg
96KB, 720x678px
>>75023082
>there's literally nothing wrong with believing in God

This
>>
No because it created Grimes
>>
The Egyptians, Sumerians, Romans and Greeks took it seriously, dumb /classical/poster.
>>
File: 1502144398593.jpg (75KB, 640x900px) Image search: [Google]
1502144398593.jpg
75KB, 640x900px
>>75022944
>If we had to measure it objectively, music is the most Christian form of art above everything else, and therefore /mu/ is inherently the most religious board on 4chan.

Come on now, i know bach is amazing but
>>
Classical is for faggots who cant handle real music
>>
>>75023976
I know you're ironic but still
>>>/out/
>>
>>75024983
Im not being ironuc though, its boring and outdated
>>
Oh boy here we go
>>
>>75022944
good point dude
*converts to christianity*
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.