[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Favorite/Best

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: favbest.png (27KB, 1600x1592px) Image search: [Google]
favbest.png
27KB, 1600x1592px
Rules are simple:
Post two albums by the same artist, first album is your personal favorite, but the second one is arguably their best.
Feel free to elaborate why.
>>
>>74910699
This is a dumb thread. If you aren't secure enough in your opinion to argue that your favorite is a band's best by virtue of being your favorite, you're pathetic.
>>
>>74911047
A personal favorite can be a personal favorite for personal reasons. It doesn't automatically make it their best body of work, you can still look at things objectively and point out the flaws of your personal favorite, while still recognizing what is the most essential work from a certain artist.
And this doesn't apply to every artist, we're talking about exceptions (if you find any), so it's not about "bean ensecur abut ur taest in mewzeek".
>>
>>74911233
>you can still look at things objectively
Stopped reading there. You do not know what you are talking about.
>>
>>74911351
No, you're just being a cunt for the sake of being a cunt. You obviously don't get the point of the thread. It's not rocket-science, you autistic fuck.
>>
File: squinted suspicion.jpg (32KB, 590x117px) Image search: [Google]
squinted suspicion.jpg
32KB, 590x117px
>>74911394
> you're just being a cunt for the sake of being a cunt
Nah, you're dumb as rocks. Keep pretending that some imaginary subjective-objective duality exists within critique of an artistic medium and that it isn't just rationalizations based on your emotional reaction to the material.

I'll say it again: if you don't consider your favorite to be a band's best, you're pathetic. "Most essential" is imaginary post-rationalization.
>>
>>74911510
>being this pretentious
>>
>>74910699
there's no difference between favorite and best
>>
>>74911548
Ironically, pretending that you can objectively evaluate music is a pretentious notion. Arguing the opposite is... the opposite of pretentious!

The more you know :o)
>>
>>74911557
True, in most cases at least, I'm talking about rare instances where those two things don't match up.
>>
File: band.jpg (249KB, 500x439px) Image search: [Google]
band.jpg
249KB, 500x439px
>favourite
The King of Limbs
>best
OK Computer
>>
>>74911684
i'm not the op, but whatever helps you jack yourself off tonight tripfag
>>
File: tenor.gif (981KB, 498x254px) Image search: [Google]
tenor.gif
981KB, 498x254px
>>74911644
>>
>>74911548
he's just after your loosh. Pay no mind
>>
>>74911701
>tripf*g
>>>/b/
...and stay there this time, please.
>>
>>74911711
haha, you deleted your post of mistakenly calling me out to save face? you really are a faggot, as if the trip and taylor swift pics didn't already give it away
>>
File: blushing young asuka.jpg (39KB, 277x277px) Image search: [Google]
blushing young asuka.jpg
39KB, 277x277px
>>74911733
>to save face?
hmm ? are you experiencing some emotional disquiet ?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.