[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to Fix /mu/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 257
Thread images: 24

Let's face it: the current state of affairs here is not good. I feel like I used to enjoy it here at one point, but the quality of posts here lately is troubling, and the actual music discussed is pretty awful, too. Is it because 4chan has become overrun with teenaged European boys with crap taste? Can people not afford Spotify? Or is it just because music itself isn't as good? I still say /mu/ needs flags in each post just so you have an idea of what kind of person you are dealing with. This is not supposed to be an insult and I'm not trolling. I would love to have a constructive discussion about what exactly has led to the decline.
>>
What the fuck does Spotify have to do with this? Spotify is trash.
>>
>>74534849
>the actual music discussed is pretty awful, too

I can't imagine what kind of shit you listen to if you think all people talk about on /mu/ is awful music. It's always new release discussion and people throwing charts of various genres, the diversity here is beyond measure.
>>
>>74534849
>I still say /mu/ needs flags in each post
Fuck no, no flags. That's a part of the things that's ruined /pol/. People will just start making assumptions about you based off that, and not the actual content of the post.
>>
>>74534997
I somewhat agree. Despite all of the bullshit threads one sees here, there are some quality albums discussed/shared too. You just have to comb through a ton of redundant posts to actually find what you are looking for.
>>
>>74534997
It's this elitist attitude I'm talking about. What kind of music do YOU listen to?
>>
File: 1445110516903.png (889KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
1445110516903.png
889KB, 540x960px
>>74534997
are you retarded? literally the only shit that's talked about here is pop music, pop rap music, and off kilter pop music. mu is easily the worst board on 4chan because you're all a bunch of hipsters that don't actually like music, you just use it as a way to express how indie you are but when it comes to good, interesting, avant garde, or any genre that's not pseudo avant pop music you call it music people only pretend to like because of how insecure you are about your boring shitty music taste
>>
>>74535773
This
>>
>>74535773
I think it goes back to the classic 4chan way of thinking "Normie stuff is REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!" /mu/ is no different, and I think this effect is multiplied here because there's a lot of widely known music that is good, but /mu/ will never admit it.
>>
>>74534893
>Spotify is trash

What you mean is that you can't afford it. Spotify is awesome. There's a lot of potential for trading playlists on /mu/ (hell, you can even make a playlist collaborative so that more than one person can add songs) but the fags on this board don't like it for whatever reason.
>>
Learn to self-moderate and report shit that doesn't belong. Stop responding to bait. Newfags need to lurk the fuck moar. All core 4chan values that /mu/ has failed to uphold, so obviously /mu/ has turned to shit.
>>
>>74534997
Don't confuse the elitism of this board with diversity. It's the same shit every day.
>>
The only cool thing this board has done is get Death Grips popular. And that time deadmau5 showed up.
>>
File: 1501216898937.jpg (64KB, 538x482px) Image search: [Google]
1501216898937.jpg
64KB, 538x482px
>>74535773
>mfw metal general is blowing up right now
>mfw /shugazi/ is still active
>mfw a Dylan thread is active
>mfw people are currently recommending Brazilian music
>mfw you think you're not a hipster after saying "pseudo avant pop"
>>
>>74537613
>paying money for a limited library when you can easily listen to it on YouTube as you pirate it
>>
>>74534849
Op you must listen to rap

This board has improved in quality over the last year significantly
>>
The metalfags who only listen to metal are my favorite:)
>>
>>74537663
I meant the 3x3/4x4/5x5 and last.fm threads when I was talking about charts, not everyone's generic topster charts, my bad. The former ones actually get good discussions.
>>
>>74537733
You are wrong in that the board has improved. No fucking way. This board is going through the worst stretch its ever been through. Are you perhaps a 20-year ol European?
>>
>>74537757
I don't get how people get exclusively (or nearly exclusively) listen to one genre (metalheads, hiphopheads, etc.). Doesn't the lack of variation get tiring at some point. Sure, there's different subgenres and such but the difference between a black metal and a death metal album isn't going to be as drastic as the different (for example) of a black metal album and an ambient album.
>>
>>74537731
>neckbeard who never has to leave his basement doesn't know how useful streaming is

Everyone point and laugh. The "Spotify is expensive and has no selection" argument was never relevant. It was made up by poorfags.
>>
>>74537796
So Spotify has every album? It must if that argument is made up. If I really want to listen to an album I've never heard when I'm out and about I can do it for free with YouTube.
>>
>>74537788
I think it's silly too. There's a small amount of metal I can listen to in small doses, but usually fans of metal only like that one genre of music. I really have to be in the mood for it. I don't really meet too many elitist metalheads. I think they exist mainly on the internet.
>>
>>74537823
Bro, do you leave your screen on and unlocked with YouTube playing in your pocket? What if you want to use your phone for anything else? As soon as you click out of YouTube, it shuts off. Do you actually make playlists of Yputube music for rad music on the go? Does every YouTube song stream at 320kbps? Tell me what music you like, right now.
>>
>>74537823
No streaming service has every album you fucking dolt.
>>
>>74537796
I've used Spotify in the past, I stopped because it's library was limiting and the music I started wanting to hear wasn't on there. Maybe if you just listen to semi-popular shit like you it's okay
>>
>>74537886
To be fair, someone could have Youtube Red and make use of its larger library instead of using other streaming services. The only downside then would be the audio quality and kind of shit UI.
>>
>>74537886
If I'm on the go and I NEED to listen to something and can't wait until I'm at my computer, I'm fine with leaving the screen on, the album is usually the thing I'm focusing on. Anyone who does other things on their phone that would take away from the album (i.e. most fucking activities) is a pleb. I have a huge library on my iPod already. Quality is negligible for me.
>>74537904
But pirating and adding it to my iPod has everything, why pay when I can do it for free.
>>
>>74534849
Because I am a bad poster then
>>
>>74537886
>he doesn't know about iYTBP or Newpipe
>>
>not downloading everything album and cherry picking certain things week by week to put on your phone.

I can't believe people are seriously discussing streaming like its some sort of superior option. What has this board come to.
>>
>>74537916
I don't know a single person that has YouTube Red. That shit is gay.
>>
>>74538035
It's absolutely a superior option you fucking idiot. Lol, this is exactly the type of idiot that roams this board.

>>74537963
You're saying you can't find a single thing to listen to on Spotify? I bet I can find more music that's not in your library than you could find missing from Spotify. You're kidding, right? Good luck finding your 320kbps quality pirated stuff buddy. You just can't afford Spotify, just admit it manchild. And that's sad.
>>
>>74538753
>you can't find a single thing to listen to on Spotify
No, but why pay for a smaller selection?
>I bet I can find more music that's not in your library than you could find missing from Spotify
No shit, but I have a larger selection of things to add to my library
>Good luck finding your 320 kbps pirated stuff buddy
>doesn't know SoulSeek and cares about audio quality enough to pay money
>You just can't afford Spotify
But I can
>>
>>74538035
>not downloading everything album and cherry picking certain things week by week to put on your phone.

My fucking sides dude. Only /mu/ would try to defend physically loading your songs onto your phone (which take up storage for other shit) as superior to Spotify. You know what I have to do to get all the new releases for that day? Absolutely nothing. It just appears on it immediately. By all means, keep living like a fucking dork because "muh musical taste is too superior for Spotify." Hurr fucking durr.

>>74537963
I use Spotify and I can listen to music I want, not need, to hear. Whenever I want.
>>
>>74538753
You're shrilling hard. I use Spotify and enjoy the convenience of streaming, but holy shit, this is tragic.
>>
>>74538878
>not buying an exterior device like a high-storage iPod to load music onto + a Sansa clip
>I want, not need, to hear
You can do the same with other options for free
>Whenever I want
Well that just isn't true, you can't listen to music you don't already have without wireless or cellular service.
>>
>>74538817
You sound like a contrarian douchebag. Soulseek is a pile of bullshit. Whar do they not have on Spotify that seems to be a deal breaker for you? Stop trying to frame all the weaknesses I pointed out as strengths. You sound ridiculous.
>>
>>74538935
>what do they not have
King Crimson and super-obscure shit that I might want to give a listen.
>Stop trying to frame all the weaknesses I pointed out as strengths
where?

Everything else that you say isn't an argument so I won't bother
>>
>>74538916
What's a situation that I'd be trying to listen to music without data? If I can't stream because I'm in a dead zone, I have literally thousands of songs from albums and playlists that I have set to be available offline (you can download songs to your phone). I bet the amount of saved music on my phone dwarfs the amount of music on your Sansa clip.
>>
>>74538969
To add:
>Fushitsusha (aside from some shitty album on there)
>Boris pre-2005
Both of which have albums in my top 10 that I listen to weekly.
>>
>>74538996
Nevermind, I thought you said whatever I want, whenever I want. My bad. Although I doubt that you have that much storage, how many GB?
>>
>>74538935
>Soulseek is a pile of bullshit
This is wrong
>>
It's simply because, for some reason, 4chan has gotten extremely popular lately. See pic related (does anyone know what happened that caused that spike by the way?). I mean, 4chan just reached the global spot number 200, that's fucking crazy.

What we need to do is, first, to scare newfags away by any means possible. Calling their taste shit or whatever, and second, to encourage users to listen to stuff beyond recent hip hop and entry level rock (since the board doesn't listen to more than that).
>>
>>74538996
Also it's a SanDisk flash drive not a Sansa clip. Once again, my bad.
>>
>>74538969
If you can afford Spotify (which you can't) why settle for an inferior product? You're only handicapping yourself. Here's an idea: why don't you use your iTunes library for the obscure shit you can't find on there, and have access to a far superior library? Best of both worlds.
>>
>>74539040
I don't want to call summerfaggotry, but the evidence is pretty compelling.
>>
>>74539009
To be honest, I don't know how much music I have saved. I just know, at 320kbps, it's thousands, and I've never even come close to maxing out my phone storage.
>>
>>74539065
>which you can't
I love how you think this
>Why don't you use your iTunes library for the obscure shit you can't find on there, and have access to a far superior library
Because I don't feel the need. If there's a new release that I want to listen to or another album that I'm interested in, I'd rather listen to it at home where I can fully enjoy it and focus on it. If I'm out, I'm usually doing something that requires my attention.
>>
File: chart.png (51KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
chart.png
51KB, 1200x800px
>>74539076
This doesn't seem to be your average summer-faggotry though. This is part of something bigger it seems.
Check out the following chart too, which confirmed my suspicions that /mu/ had been going way faster into the shit than before since 2014.

>>74539065
I have a Spotify account thanks to a family plan but I never use it because storing the music yourself you downloaded from Soulseek is way better. And yeah, Spotify seriously lacks a lot of stuff, I just simply can't get used to it.
>>
File: IMG_0149.jpg (116KB, 1149x832px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0149.jpg
116KB, 1149x832px
>>74537774
Rudeposter pls leave
>>
>>74538935
Anything King Crimson
Anything Joanna Newsom
Keep + Animal Collective
Any Vaporwave/Future Funk/mallsoft/whateverthefuckthekidsarecallingitthesedays
I'm a fucking plebeian and even I know plenty of shit that's not on Spotify
>>
>>74539085
If you can afford it but choose not to, then that's even sillier. If you want to stay handicapped with music, keep doing you bro. I don't understand why you're actively trying to limit yourself.
>>
File: are you kidding me.png (150KB, 410x322px) Image search: [Google]
are you kidding me.png
150KB, 410x322px
Here is how

1) Get rid of /waifu/ generals I.E Kshit, Grimesposting, Lauvrn Posting, and all the *Braaaap* shit that goes with it

2) Less generals in general more discussion

3) Less elitism, not more. Music is not a rat race to the most obscure, its defining your tastes and finding shit you like regardless of if it is exeperimental or avant garde like that makes a lick of outward difference.
>>
>>74539305
But you've yet to explain how I'm limiting myself or how the limiting that I'm supposedly doing is worth any money to fix.
>>
>>74539349
Agree with the first two points, but not the third one. We definitely need more elitism here on /mu/, that's the reason we have been having more and more "normie" threads lately, from ACDC to Nicki Minaj.
Also, obscurity =/= experimental nor avant garde. Encouraging people to listen to more obscure stuff would include enouraging them to listen to stuff like Sparklehorse, for example, or traditional folk, or non IDM electronic, etc.

>>74539395
Don't bother with him anymore, he's being a retard on purpose now.
>>
>>74539285
excuse me, my vaporwave playlist coming through, watch your toes

https://open.spotify.com/user/1255126827/playlist/6pPXubHvHPnMKKSEbofcdV?si=rTmxO8aD
>>
>>74539349
I could get on board with all of these
>>
>>74539395
Bro, you explained it yourself. I can do way more with my music than you can. Just because you don't want to use a feature that's one of the selling points doesn't mean it's not viable and superior in that regard. Where do you like to listen to music besides your house, and what device do you use for music? iPod?
>>
>>74537613
VIRAL MARKETING VIRAL MARKETING
>>
>>74539349
>3) Less elitism, not more. Music is not a rat race to the most obscure, its defining your tastes and finding shit you like regardless of if it is exeperimental or avant garde like that makes a lick of outward difference.
No, this is one of the reasons of the degradation of this board.
>>
>>74534849
It's funny that you think /mu/ was ever good. Can't wait 'til summer is fully over so we can stop hearing from little faggots like you.
>>
>>74539751
t. newfag
>>
>>74539530
>I can do way more with music than you can
Like what?
>>
>>74539820
babbies 1st shitpost
good job proud of u
>>
>>74539858
I asked what device you used to store your music.
>>
>>74539980
A smartphone with two 256 GB SD cards
>>
>>74540055
This but with one
>>
>>74540055
Maybe we lead different social lives. I find myself playing music at friends houses or parties and inevitably get requests for music. I also have a Sonos system in my house for multiple rooms, and it utilizes Spotify and not Soulseek or itunes. I have highlighted all the features that you don't have earlier in the thread, and I could mention a lot more. The reason I asked what device you used was to highlight the wireless bluetooth ability that iPods do not have.
>>
>>74540165
>download files with soulseek
>transfer files to phone
>done
it's not that difficult nigger
>>
>>74540165
iPod touches have wireless bluetooth. Also YouTube for that specific request, you don't need 320 kbps for a house party.
>>
>>74534849
If any other discusssion about anything that isn't /mu/ core, or at least approved by posters here there can be no actual discussion. It's always to /pol/ de-railing or people being flat out idiots.
>>
>>74539155
I wonder if it has something to do with an increase of phone browsing/posting. Because it probably would count someone using 4chan on the computer, then going on his phone as separate right?
>>
>>74540274
do you seriously know someone that carries around a Touch separate from their phone? We call those people "special needs." Also, whenever I'm at a party, I can literally put together a playlist on the fly depending on what they want
>>
>>74540342
I doubt this has anything to do with phoneposting, this is simply about 4chan having to handle a way bigger influx of newfags than what they were used to (from pc or phone, doesn't matter).
>>
>>74540356
Yes, me.
>We call those people "special needs"
not an argument
>I can literally put together a playlist on the fly
>implying you can't do this with YouTube
>>
It's just hard to talk about the more obscure stuff unless you're in a sharethread or something. Also the waifu stuff has gotten out of hand but I just filter those now.
>>
File: turtle.jpg (5KB, 252x150px) Image search: [Google]
turtle.jpg
5KB, 252x150px
the board died once k-pop generals became a regular thing
>>
>>74540487
You're special needs man. That's retarded. Good luck fucking with the horrendous Youtube UI to search for each song individually, and every time you have to search for the song you interrupt the music. That is, if you can find it on Youtube. Lots of songs are just not on Youtube. Then, once you're done, good luck wading through those 30 second minimum ads during your party. All the meantime I could have seamlessly putting a playlist together one with an average of, hm 20 second time to add each song. Sounds good. You're right, its not an argument.
>>
>>74540654
>Lots of songs are just not on Youtube
>said the Spotify shill
fucking lmao
>>
>>74540654
First two points are just insults.
>Good luck fucking with the horrendous UI
So, searching the name of the songs/albums?
With YouTube on iPhone you can look up songs during other songs. Plus, you can make a playlist there too. You can also listen to full albums on YouTube
>Lots of songs are just not on Youtube
I bet there are more songs not on Spotify then songs not on YouTube. Plus, if you're at a party, I doubt that anyone's going to request a song that is obscure enough to show up on either service.
>30 second minimum ads
They're either 10 seconds or you can skip them after 5 seconds.
>In the meantime I could have been putting a playlist together with an average of 20 seconds to add each song
You can do the same with YouTube, you fucking moron.
>Search song
>press the button to the right of the song
>"Add to Playlist"
>done
>>
>>74540714
*to not show up
>>
>>74534849
How to Fix /mu/ : By far, more traffic.
Most threads move so slow. Its really boring
>>
File: images.jpg (12KB, 299x169px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12KB, 299x169px
Shitposting and the people the reply to shitposting, narcissism, waifuposting, posters that just regurgitate memes and the people that reply to them, tripfags and tripfag worshippers, anyone that reposts music "critics"/music "journalists"

These are the tumors of /mu/
>>
>>74540557
>no paying the subscription to post 5 pics per minute in kpop threads
gay
>>
>>74534849
Permaban anyone who denies the importance of the classical repertoire. And, needless to say, ban rap. Ban its fans and propagators with steadily increasing severity, and set up a filter that automatically 404s a thread containing the word or its associated structures and musicians.
>>
>>74540760
kill yourself, /mu/ is at a record high traffic and that's what has made it so much worse during the past months
>>
>>74540775
Shitposting actually creates culture. Shitpost within reason though and related to music though
>>
>>74540820
Who gives a fuck if im bored as shit updating the threads im interested in
>>
>>74540839
>>>/b/
>>
>>74540892
whatever have another boring ass day on /mu/ no one is here to save you
>>
>>74540714
I bet that youre wrong that there are more songs missing from Spotify. I just looked up King Crimson on Youtube. Go ahead, try to listen to Court of the Crimson King. I'll wait. Or I can just tell you.. you may want to sit down. You can't play the whole album on there. The sound quality is awful. Nowhere even close to Spotify. Noticeably bad. Its a lot more than just searching titles. In CotCK case, I thought I had the song.. but nope. BBC session version here, shortened version there, etc. With Spotify, you know what you are getting as soon as you click on it. As for your ads, go ahead and babysit your phone physically click off the ads every time one pops up. I'll walk around my house with my phone in my pocket (with the screen off! OMG, crazy) and let it play on my Sonos system. I'm telling you bro, you are high as fuck. ts so much simpler and quicker on Spotify. Just admit it please, you can't afford it. I am getting tired of rebuking your comments.
>>
File: images.png (8KB, 250x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
8KB, 250x194px
If you simply ban these words/phrases:

Reddit
Nu-male
Cuck
Any form of the words "pol" and "lib"

The quality of this board would increase dramatically.
>>
>>74540803
You are part of the problem. Unless you're trolling. If not, siddown grandpa.
>>
>>74540838
The only "culture" that shitposting helps create is off-topic memetic bullshit, so it's not surprising that a tripfag would advocate for it.
>>
It seems like every twat on this board has the exact same taste in music that is taken from their god Anthony. Exact same shit you see on a Reddit music thread. They all act like they have unique tastes in music, but they are one big fucking following shunning all others who don't listen to the albums that Anthony gives a 10.
>>
>>74540946
I really do like this guy. You have been supremely entertaining tonight. Please, keep going.
>>
>>74540988
>n word
>kill yourself
And are you sure I should be the one staying in /b/ and not you?
>>
>>74539040
That bump happened across most boards. Chink moot has shill advertising program now.
>>
>>74540946
How much does Sp*tify pay you to shill?
>>
>>74541088
I was attempting to speak like people of your kind so that it was easier for you to understand :)

>>74541093
Yeah, but why?
>>
>>74541119
And you got the idea of my "kind" from my original post when the starting of your reply was already "kill yourself"?
>>
>>74541153
Hmm, let's see >>74540760
>How to Fix /mu/ : By far, more traffic.
>Most threads move so slow. Its really boring
>threads move so slow
Yeah, that was enough for me to know you were some retarded /b/tard. Now go back from where you came from.
>>
>>74540988
Banning edgy "look at me!" Teenage posters like yourself could only improve the quality of this board.
>>
>>74541183
Yes the vast majority of threads move very slow, I know you are just used it because you most likely just lurk /mu/ but there are other boards where threads usually a lot faster. I'm just telling you the honest truth, no need to be in denial for the sake of your own argument.
>>
>>74541096
Please tell you're not the guy I've been talking to. You can do better than that man. You pulling the shill card is a sign to me you have given up. If you can't afford it, just say it and I'll send you a Spotify gift card.
>>
>>74541205
The least thing we want is more traffic and threads get deleted after an hour without replies. That's pretty fast unless you are a /b/tard or a /v/irgin.

>>74541199
t. newfag
>>
>>74540978
Fuck off. I had to fucking try to phrase that in a way that makes it look like I'm joking to avoid fuckers like you responding with non-arguments (hurr durr no you're the problem, muh generational relativism), and it still happens.
>>
A better question is how to fix TF2.
>>
>>74541230
You, and people like yourself, are one of the major reasons for low quality content on this board.
>>
>>74541230
I know at least me ( and some other people) on this site are only interested in certain threads at a time. More traffic will at least potentially lead to these threads to be more active, and therefore have more discussion. Too many threads end up half dead too early
>>
>>74541230

no that guy is right. Mods should ban people like you. you start threads about how obscure people's taste our. Just fuck off back to the youtube comment sections so you can masturbate about how "patrician" you are.
>>
>>74537706
/meal/ is trash now. I stopped going after it became infested with deathcore kids
>>
Banning meme regurgitaors like this bag of shit:
>>74541230
Would be a big step towards improvement of this or any board.
>>
>>74541325
Nah, the real problem is everybody talks about the same one hundred artists and nothing more.

>>74541337
It's the opposite. Traffic is too fast and coming from people who haven't even started to explore music that's flooding the board with artists everybody and their mom has already heard of when instead it's better to allow for more music exploration.

>>74541359
Yeah, and for good reason, because once you start listening to enough music it's tiring to hear /mu/ only talk about the same one hundred artists. Encouraging users to have more obscure tastes would avoid that.

>>74541379
No, the real problem is the lack of music diversity in this board.
>>
>>74541388
>Yeah, and for good reason, because once you start listening to enough music it's tiring to hear /mu/ only talk about the same one hundred artists. Encouraging users to have more obscure tastes would avoid that.

oh my god shut the fuck up. you're an idiot and you aren't ashamed for being a poser. "obscure taste" isn't a real thing. There's plenty of other threads besides the meme ones that get shilled. Take your head out your ass. filtered. you are the /mu/ culture that everyone hates. Loser.
>>
>>74541446
Yeah, obscure taste is not a real thing, but what do you say when the only thing /mu/ talks about is the same one hundred artists? When the only genres that people on here listen to are rock, recent hip hop, and IDM?
That part of /mu/ culture that everybody used to hate is what made /mu/ a different place than every other music forum, and that was allowing for music discussion outside the ""canon"".
>>
>>74541388
how elitist do you think this board really is? Because at the end of the day, it is still a public music forum.
>>
>>74541507
It's not elitist in the slightest. It was better when it used to be more elitist however.
>>
>>74541478
I'm not sure I completely understand where you're coming from. What are artists you want to discuss on the board, and why don't you simply make posts about them? I do that, sometimes they catch, sometimes they don't. You just have to keep trying, it's like dipping your net into an ice floe.

I do think that this board needs moderation. I think primarily we should not be allowed to post images, articles or videos that do not directly pertain to music. I feel like a big problem in this board is a focus on memes instead of actual musical discussion. By that criterion, for example, OP's image would not be allowed.

Judging from your responses though, like >>74541521 and your name, Avant-Math God of /mu/, you might be a troll.

>>74541507
I don't think elitism is the issue, exactly. The content we listen to doesn't matter, what should matter is the quality of musical discussion we post on this board. Normies and elitists should both be able to discuss their music here, so long as they don't shitpost.
>>
>>74541569
>Judging from your responses though, like >>74541521 and your name, Avant-Math God of /mu/, you might be a troll.
He/she's not a troll, he/she just posts as if it's still ~2009-era /mu/.
>>
>>74541615
>>74541569

His name is Avant-Math God. that should tell you enough about the type of person he is.
>>
>>74541569
Other types of threads that should not be allowed - posts ridiculing or praising any demographic or fanbase; threads that make unqualified criticism or praise of music should not be allowed (i.e. posts should evaluate music on an objective basis, describing qualities of the actual sound of the music and not aesthetic judgements).

The problem is that this would require greater moderation, and like >>74541507 said, this is a very popular and fast-moving board (relative to the average forum, for example). That would make moderation of this type kind of difficult.
>>
>>74541226
After that conversation, I actually went out and got Spotify Premium. It's actually really badass. I had been resisting for a while now. If you really are a shill, it worked. Faggot.
>>
>>74541645
>His name is Avant-Math God. that should tell you enough about the type of person he is.
Yes, someone who wants old /mu/ back
>>
>>74541657
*not PURELY aesthetic judgements
>>
>>74541673
Tell me stories of the old /mu/. Let's turn this into a reminiscence thread.
>>
>>74541569
Artists from genres such as traditional folk, soul/r&b/funk/disco, electronic that's not IDM (/bleep/ doesn't count), "experimental" (free improvisation, audio manipulation, noise, etc). Threads like these are made from time to time, but they always die because people on here don't listen to that stuff and prefer to post in the 5th Radiohead thread of the day instead. Mind you, I'm talking about whole genres here, not just artists (artists threads are a mistake on the first place, but I don't expect you to agree with me on that yet).
Yes, there is also a problem with a lot of off topic stuff being posted, and it's shit because mods don't delete this stuff even when it gets reported by 5 different anons (we did the experiment a few days ago).
I'm not a troll, my name was chosen by somebody else from some thread 3 years ago. It was never meant to be taken seriously.

Elitism is not the issue, elitism is the cure. We don't need people to discuss about Radiohead for the fifth time each day.

>>74541645
My name was chosen by somebody else and was never meant to be taken seriously you autist.

>>74541690
Old /mu/ used to have users who listened to stuff beyond the same one hundred artists and this allowed for music discussion. The end.
>>
>>74537651
This is the only post worth reading.
>>
>>74541668
please tell me you didnt. Ive been resisting for a while now too.
>>
>>74541713
I haven't been on this board for a while, but I have some time and I'd be interested in participating. are /daily/ threads where most music discussion takes place right now?
>>
File: IMG_4323.png (382KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4323.png
382KB, 1000x1000px
https://soundcloud.com/biiirth/mud
W
>>
>>74541713
I dont know man how about you make 5 threads asking people to look for new bands just for the sake that they are new and different (which they could be most likely be pretty bad bands) instead of discussing the bands we actually enjoy?
>>
>>74541690
>endless cooltop threads
>lazare synthpop threads
>listenalong threads in group chat
>hampus telling newfags their taste is shit
>>
>>74540946
>paying $10 a month so you don't have to click "Skip Ad" on a YouTube video in the case that you have a party, which certainly isn't a daily occurence
Oh, enlightened anon, teach me your ways
Also:
>picking the most famous example of an artist not wanting to allow streaming
If someone at a party asks me to play fucking King Crimson then I already have it on my iPod, as most /mu/tants do.
>>
>>74535773
Been that way since early 09. Sub groups dwindle over time, its inevitable. The pop oriented group was always the biggest, And now they're more predominate on the front page.
>>
>>74541819
I think he's making a shill meme but there's no way to know for sure
>>
>>74541835
Yes. However, it's not difficult to have music discussion anywhere on /mu/ unless you are an idiot. I used to discuss music all the time on here and never had a problem finding others to do the same.

>>74541819
Just use Soulseek faggot. I have Spotify but never use it because it's more convenient to store stuff in your phone.

>>74541849
I have actually done that and they die with few replies. There is a reason why I'm complaining here instead of doing that, don't you think?
Also, the "obscure bands are most likely bad" mentality is stupid. A lot of music I love people like you would call obscure, for example.

>>74541877
Yes, but the thing is that now they have completely killed all the other alternatives.
>>
>>74541713
Okay, I do agree this board is generally poor quality. I agree that some of this is due to lack of diversity in discussion in some ways - we should reduce the number of essentially identical threads - there are 10 threads making unqualified criticism of War on Drugs right now.

What do you think of these points - >>74541657 >>74541689? I want to understand your point of view a little bit better.

I'm not sure I agree with your solution. Do smaller communities generally have better levels of discussion? From my experience, on the whole, I'd say yes. I'm not 100% sure why that is yet but I do think that ease of moderation is a huge factor. Your solution of restricting the content would presumably reduce the number of visitors on the site, which would increase the quality by increasing ease of moderation.

>>74537651
This is a good solution. It emphasizes the quality of the actual post being made rather than the content the post is about, if that makes sense. The focus is on the user actively trying to post high-quality posts, and on creating a system that promotes this and punishes low-quality posts. The issue is really a lake of moderation, whether by self or by external parties.

My only solution is to keep trying to post actual discussion points and hope other people join in.
>>
>>74541958
>there are 10 threads making unqualified criticism of War on Drugs right now.
Where?
>>
File: 1495953785597.jpg (67KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1495953785597.jpg
67KB, 413x395px
>>74541873
I'm sure you have every artist that every artist anyone would ever want on your tiny ipod. If you're actively choosing to not maximize your access to music, then you're not a true music fan.
>>
>>74542014
But if you wanted to maximize your access to music you'd use a source like Redacted, not Spotify.
>>
>>74541958
We are gonna end up sounding like literal robots if this happened. Way too much pressure to make a "quality post for muin fuhrer" how about we dont keep this board as hostage and instead take it easy on people, it is more comfy that way
>>
>>74541958
I obviously agree with those points you quote, who wouldn't?
This isn't exclusively about numbers, the thing is to encourage people to listen to more stuff. This is very difficult when new users start browsing the /mu/ faster than usual though, which is what's happening right now now that 4chan has been on an upwards spike of popularity since mid 2014 when before that 4chan used to be stagnant which was relatively good. Moderation in here however sucks. Off topic stuff doesn't get deleted, even if 5 different anons report it.
Now, while music discussion is good, I personally have never had a problem with finding it, so I mostly blame it on the people who complain about the lack of discussion, and that's also why I believe we need more diversity, because over exposure to the same artists every day causes more people to shit post about them.
>>
>>74542014
But my point this entire time has been that I can maximise my access to music with SoulSeek or what >>74542028 said, since it gives me more access to music. For fuck's sake, think before you post.
>>
>>74541895
You're lying. I have no idea why you'd ever think Soulseek is better. In what world?
>>
>>74541971

Here -

>>74541482
>>74536524
>>74494547
>>74478720
>>74475764
>>74473181
>>74458578
>>74456317
>>74447763
>>74417400
>>74410062
>>74396639
>>74391068
>>74386184

The only good post here is, >>74456317, because it qualifies its statements with comparisons to multiple artists (Springsteen, Petty and Dylan) and uses the genre identifier "heartland rock." It gives us something to work with, at least. To say an artist is "original" or not "original" doesn't mean anything unless you give some context as to what they actually objectively sound like.
>>
>>74542067
but you're wrong.
>>
>>74542094
Most of those threads are several days old (I made them)
>>
>>74542094
>right now
all of those threads are archived and spanning seven days
>>74542089
The world where quantity of music is emphasized when you're judging places to get music from.
>>
>>74542089
I have no idea what's wrong with you, but Soulseek has a greater catalog of music than Spotify. Spotify sucks, and I have an account over there. I know you don't listen to much music, but when you do start using Soulseek and Redacted and Rutracker.
>>
>>74542100
Prove it or link me to a post where you have. The only points you've made are about how it's good for when you're on the go. SoulSeek has a bigger library, that's just indisputable. And you've given me no reason to use Spotify over YouTube in the times that you have a party (which definitely isn't every day), other than that you're willing to spend money so you don't have to wait for five seconds to play a song once.
>>
>>74542105
Ah okay, I didn't gather that. At any rate, I would still say that those are poor-quality posts with the exception of >>74456317, like I said.

In that case, what would you say your purpose was in making those threads? What sort of musical discussion were you looking to create?
>>
>>74542153
>what would you say your purpose was in making those threads? What sort of musical discussion were you looking to create?
Discussion about the War on Drugs and originality, was that unclear?
>>
File: 1500848922790[1].jpg (8KB, 274x184px) Image search: [Google]
1500848922790[1].jpg
8KB, 274x184px
>>74542153
What would be a good criteria for a "high quality post"? please be specific.
>>
>>74534849
> I still say /mu/ needs flags in each post just so you have an idea of what kind of person you are dealing with.

Nice idea, so every thread will turn into a stereotype shitfest where people make assumptions and shit on others just because of the country they come from. That would honestly just make /mu/ more /pol/ than /mu/ and even increase the amount of stupid memes and non-music-related conversations.

> Is it because 4chan has become overrun with teenaged European boys with crap taste?

No, it's because it has become overrun with people with crap taste from all over the world, dumbass. Eurofags have been on this board for years, and the recent influx of people also include many Americans.

Thinking that shit music taste is determined by the country they live in is the most retarded thing I've heard of recently.
>>
>>74542196
Posts which make direct reference to objectively identifiable aspects of the music's sound, whatever that happens to be in your post (particular genre, artist, album or track). Not about their fanbase, not about perceived demographic appeal. After a quick scan of the catalog, threads I would delete

>>74538810 - why is this album experimental? give concrete examples of experimental aspects of production, composition or performance

>>74539416 - what does greatest artist ever mean? on what qualities are we supposed to evaluate "greatest artist ever"?

>>74537505 - this does not discuss the music

>>74536042 - this does not discuss music
>>
ITT: wannabe internet police
>>
>>74542308
>why is this album experimental?
>what does greatest artist ever mean?
Autism
>>
>>74542308
But the OP of the first thread is asking people what they think, not what he thinks. He's trying to start a discussion, not starting one himself. It seems like he wants to know something that he doesn't, possibly a newfag. We don't have to coddle him but he's done nothing wrong really
Second thread is probably just a meme thread, I agree
Third thread is for posting of album covers, which can be conducive to a discussion often, it's also comfy as fuck
Fourth thread was probably trying to be a political bait thread, agreed,
I would also add the Wolf Eyes thread
>>
>>74542136
I coukd give 2 shits about software on your desktop. Are you autistic?
>>
>>74542356
Do you mean 'couldn't give 2 shits'?
>>
>>74542356
>software
The fact that you don't know Rutracker and Redacted proves his point that you clearly don't have a need for listening to music outside of normie shit.
>>
>>74534849
i feel like the facebook group ">implying we can discuss music" has had some hyper shit-taste bleed over into this board as of late. but in general /mu/ has been in decline for a while now.
>>
>>74542379
lol, keep your shitty software. I am good with my "normie shit."
>>
>>74542343
From the way it's stated it doesn't sound like the OP is looking for information in the first thread. It strikes me more as a rhetorical question claiming that Kid A is the most experimental album of all time. If the purpose was to ask "What makes this album experimental?" then they should have posted that instead.

There's no discussion on the album thread. If you listen to music based on the album covers then that might be useful for you I guess. And in a sense, black and white is an aesthetic trait which can connote certain musical qualities. These connotations arise historically, and history (in this case, the history of black-and-white album covers) gives us a context with which to work with, so there might be an argument to be made that these sorts of threads work as ways to find new music. Seems odd but I can see it.
>>
>>74542484
Sometimes people type "discuss" ironically, sometimes they really want a discussion.
>>
>>74542461
rutracker and redacted are websites, not software. dip
>>
File: 1485904959361.jpg (18KB, 330x362px) Image search: [Google]
1485904959361.jpg
18KB, 330x362px
>>74542567
I'm really jealous of your shitty Russian sketchy website.
>>
>>74542596
this is bait or you're a newfag.
>>
>>74542650
No, its sarcasm. Obviously.
>>
>>74542567
Are you really trying to convince us those bootleg websites are a better option than Spotify? My sides.
>>
>>74542990
Do you even know what a bootleg is?
>>
>>74543064
Is it an official 320kbps copy of the master recording?
>>
I gotta say, ever since I got Spotify Premium about 5 years ago, I've used it just about every day. I even play white noise for when I sleep.
>>
>>74535062
>People will just start making assumptions about you based off that, and not the actual content of the post.

That's not exactly true. I would judge people, yes, but only after reading the content. If the comment is trash and they have a shit flag, then the shoe fits and I can easily dismiss it. Let's face it, in the past couple of years the site began getting overrun with a massive amount of European shitposters, and the quality declined.
>>
>>74537916
YouTube doesn't actually have a larger library than spotify for music. That's actual bullshit.
>>
>>74537963
omg. This dude sounds like the prototypical elitist /mu/tant. You're a fucking pleb.

>hurr durr if you anything else besides listening to music then you're not enjoying it

Please, fuck off.
>>
>>74540222
you have to get to a computer, dumbass. that is lame. I got an idea to improve /mu/: ban the shitposting trips like this fagmo.
>>
>>74542990
European detected. Doesn't understand what this guy is saying. RIP this board.
>>
>>74543578
It's not, youtube has more rare stuff than spotify. How many old rave tunes can you find on spotify? They're all over youtube.
>>
File: 1485233675384.jpg (79KB, 1280x690px) Image search: [Google]
1485233675384.jpg
79KB, 1280x690px
YouTube+Discogs is all you need to find some true gems. For some reason, it just seems like very few people on /mu/ actually want to put in the slight amount of effort that it takes to find new music.
>>
>>74539040
What's entry level rock? What's your cutoff
>>
File: blood&soiled.jpg (73KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
blood&soiled.jpg
73KB, 600x600px
>>74540977
this

we must report the /pol/lacks each time they show up. they have been ruining the board for the last past year.
this board is for music, not for "politics", enough of their tourette shit.
>>
>>74540165
Soulseek is just a downloading surface, stop comparing its function to Spotify you dumb bitch
>>
Make a /trap/ general! It will help clean up the catalogue considerably! There are still some good threads from time to time but it's harder to locate them when surrounded by trap threads and shitposts
>>
>>74535773
excuse me
I love shitty pop and it's not discussed enough in here because all of you patricians (read autists) don't listen to anything that isn't fucking unbearable
pop is entry level only because it sounds objectively good, pop is the only genre you can talk about without sounding like an insecure edgy teen desperate for a personality because they cant stand themselves
>>
File: stop it.gif (1MB, 480x358px) Image search: [Google]
stop it.gif
1MB, 480x358px
>>74545183
>anyone who listens to things besides shitty pop music is an autist because I can't understand it
Wewwwwwww, also

>pop is the only genre you can talk about without sounding like an insecure edgy teen desperate for a personality because they cant stand themselves
Projection much? Sounds like you're the insecure one, if you're avoiding listening to things besides pop just because you're scared of what you'd look/sound like to other people.
>>
>>74545183
Why the fuck should we talk about something that everyone else already talks about?

>pop is the only genre you can talk about without sounding like an insecure edgy teen desperate for a personality because they cant stand themselves
Sounds like you're the insecure one here.
>>
>>74535773
Stop projecting yourself, how the fuck do you know if people like the music or not?
>>
>>74537613
Man 240 a year is quite too much for what it gives. Limited library, limited quality, limited Access to the new releases and the fact that they pay very Little to the artists.
Just not Worth in my book
>>
>>74534849
>European boys with crap taste

>>74537772
>Are you perhaps a 20-year ol European

>>74543542
>the past couple of years the site began getting overrun with a massive amount of European shitposters, and the quality declined.

>>74543731
>European detected. Doesn't understand what this guy is saying. RIP this board.
>>
>>74537886
Hold down the refresh button until you get prompted to "request desktop site"
>>
>>74543542

Not everybody is the same, though. Flags will encourage more people to act like /pol/lacks (who often don't give a fuck about the post itself and judge the flag).
If a particular post is shitty from the start, people will begin to insult OP's country and threads will go from "your taste sucks" to "lmao (country)fags have no fucking taste", with other /mu/tants from OP's country chiming in and attacking the offenders' country and so on. It would just turn every thread into a constant namecalling and limit even more the actual music discussion.

> That's not exactly true. I would judge people, yes, but only after reading the content.

If you don't judge a thread by OP's country, why the fuck do you care about his flag?

> If the comment is trash and they have a shit flag, then the shoe fits and I can easily dismiss it.

Makes no sense. If the comment is pure shit, you either ignore it or (if you're sure it's not a troll), if you feel like it, just recommend him some good music to listen to, no matter in which country OP lives. Would you be ok if the poster of a shit comment was american?
Most /mu/tants listened to bad music when they started out here, so helping newfags out is just a nice way to make them integrate faster, and consequently a way to have less newfags posting their shit taste.

> Let's face it, in the past couple of years the site began getting overrun with a massive amount of European shitposters, and the quality declined.
There was a massive amount of shitposters in general. You're assuming that every bad post was made by europeans, and forgetting that we have many international charts thanks to good european /mu/tants.

Leave out the bad and keep the quality, don't leave out everyone who's not american. Putting flags will only turn /mu/ into another /pol/ shitfest.
>>
>>74539155
You can tell how the board os going to shit with all this Spotify shills coming in
>>
>>74545003
Everything that gets discussed here every day.

>>74545487
That's just a scratch on a mutilated body.
>>
File: S_277001-MLA202652253.jpg (72KB, 662x561px) Image search: [Google]
S_277001-MLA202652253.jpg
72KB, 662x561px
>>74545240
>>74545241
>Sounds like you're the insecure one
>Sounds like you're the insecure one here.

how are you both not <14 years old
>>
>>74539349
Generals use to promote elitism,which i find then good, the more harsh se are on new fags and normies the better
>>
>>74545505

>Everything that gets discussed here every day.
>That's just a scratch on a mutilated body.
>Avant-Math God of /mu/

how to fix /mu/? ban him
>>
>>74545543
*her
>>
>>74545390
Are you retarded? Just get the cracked version for your phone so you don't have to pay. For your computer, remove ads by blocking the website that the ads come from. You can stream Spotify on your computer and play any song without having to pay. This is what I have done. I have not played a dime while still getting access to all their perks. You can't download stuff, but that's what pirating and megas for.
>>
>>74545522
Because his post reeks of insecurity
>>
>>74545543
Get the fuck out spotify shill
>>
>>74545592
>reeks
oh my god how, explain what is insecure about it
I wasnt expecting to be right, jesus are you literally 14?
>>
>>74545590
Nah im not going to listen to anything lower than 320kps on my computer and that cripples my already semi slow net.
I dont use to listen music that much on my phone but i Will look at that a see ir myself
>>
>>74545603
im not that anon retard
>>
>>74545634
You're implying that everyone who doesn't like the music that you like is an autist. How the fuck is that not insecure?
>>
>>74545586
ban her
>>
>>74545677
>implying
lmao when, where
what did I say that it made you believe that
you either have BPD or you are literally 14

since you are still developing you reading comprehension skills Ill explain what I meant
1)the fact that something is popular, doesnt mean its bad
2)the fact that you think something is bad because its popular, makes you retarded
3)the fact that you think that unaccesible music is better because less people like it, makes you retarded
you as in anyone, im not talking about literally you
you are retarded for other reasons
>>
I'm glad a newfag like me got this thread as his first exposure to /mu/!
>>
>>74545456
Ah yes. What a shock. Fuck off with your anti-white bullshit OP. Go to KTT if you want to suck off Mandingo's latest trap album.
>>
Ban hip hop because it just encourages racist memes and shit and thread derailment. Hip hop can be discussed on twitter facebook or with your normalfag pals, leave /mu/ for the music you can't talk about anywhere else.
>>
File: 1501821309867.png (2MB, 1014x1304px) Image search: [Google]
1501821309867.png
2MB, 1014x1304px
The ultimate irony of /mu/'s hipster mentality is that pretty much everything listened to here IS mainstream. I mostly blame Pitchfork giving MBDTF a 10, as it opened the floodgates to pop music being considering good here. Since then, discussion has turned towards mostly mumble rap and kpop.

Nothing discussed here is cutting edge. The only new albums that get talked about are the ones reviewed by Fantano. Full stop. And these days Fantano pretty much only reviews mainstream pop albums mixed with a few """indie""" records every other week that are forgettable at best. What I liked about /mu/ back in the day was that it actually seemed like a good place to learn about actually obscure music. Not obscure for the sake of being obscure. Obscure because it was really good shit that you just wouldn't find anywhere else on the internet. Those days are long, long gone though.
>>
>>74546458
agreed

tone down on the hip hop/pop and make this an indie board again. we don't need kids who like that shit here, or the /pol/tards who use it to spam their memes.
>>
be the change you want to see
post better content and do not reply to people who are lowering board quality
(very sparingly) filter out autism, forced memes, and waifubait (grimes, kpop, etc)
also 4chan was definitely bad before you ever were here
>>
I've been coming here since 2009 and it honestly isn't any different than it was before.

Certain albums will always be talked about more because more people have listened to those albums. We will always have shitposters because it's 4chan and that's part of the appeal.

If you really don't care for the memes, just go to the sharethreads, which I think are generally pretty good.
>>
>>74546525
>I've been coming here since 2009 and it honestly isn't any different than it was before.
No, you were no, and stop pretending otherwise. Take a look at the catalog right now and you will see that the collective taste has been getting way, way more mainstream than before.
>>
>>74546588
If that's true, it's just because independent music in general has become more mainstream. /mu/ in 2009 was just endless MPP and ITAOTS threads. Plus anything Pitchfork liked.
>>
>>74546601
No. Again, stop pretending you have been here since then. We have been having threads about ACDC, Nicki Minaj, Foo Fighters, Twenty One Pilots, all at once. This kind of stuff didn't happen before. You can see the overall taste of the board gets more and more assimilated to the likes of reddit or /v/ or any other place with a very superficial interest in music (more superficial than what /mu/ used to be).

The other thing that changed where the individual posters. There used to be people knowledgeable about all kinds of stuff, now they are all gone and nobody has replaced them.

This place really went to shit, and not in the "/mu/ has always been this shit" kind of way nor in the "its just the novelty wearing off" thing. This is a real change here and it's definitely for the worse.
>>
>>74546479
>Those days are long, long gone though.
this meme again
>bring muh old chan back :(

its always the same thing, the x thing that you used to love so much but now you dont is as good/bad as it has always been
it was new to you back then and it isnt now, thats the only thing that changed
>>
>>74546667
what he said
>>
>>74546667
See >>74546663
That's not the case anymore.
>>
>>74546663
>stop pretending you have been here since then
Why would I pretend? I'm an anonymous poster on a Swedish sadomasochism advice forum. I'm telling you you're wearing rose-tinted goggles dude. People have been saying "this board used to be better" for years, and they will continue saying it because people tend to romanticize the past. You are no different than a teenager who complains about being "born in le wrong generation" in the comments section of an AC/DC video.
>>
>>74546663
>implying people never talked about ACDC, Nicki Minaj, Foo Fighters, or Twenty One Pilots five years ago
You have a selective memory, my friend
>>
>>74546730
Because some people on here like to pretend they have been browsing for longer to make their arguments weight more. And we know this is true because one week ago some new tripshit admitted lying about for how long he was browsing here for up to three years more. I think your case is the same.

Yes, people were indeed saying that the board used to get better, but this time it's different as evidenced by what I said in my post above.

This has nothing to do with Nostalgia nor wrong generation mentality, that's just a strawman on your part.

>>74546748
They did, just not to the point where all of those would find a place in the catalog all at once.
>>
>>74539155
probably just a bunch of new /pol/fags storming in after the election
>>
>>74546765
This is true and unfortunately they're still here
>>
>>74546765
It was mostly a mixture of the fappening + gamer gate + /pol/ blowing up in popularity. No wonder Sigourney Weaver left.
>>
>>74546761
I have been here since summer 2008 and if anything the board is better now because of the genre generals whereas before the Davis, Coltrane... and Daft Punk, Justice.. meme was real.

musically; /kpg/ existed, Tegan&Sara Monday existed, Lady Gaga and Justin Timberlake where everywhere and so, much, metal and indie.

meme wise, ignoring the multiple THE BEST threads, there were countless ciclejerks, lewes on steroids and TheTourist etc
>>
File: 1484528830390.png (405KB, 600x615px) Image search: [Google]
1484528830390.png
405KB, 600x615px
>>74537796
Is this one of those shills I keep hearing about here so much? Is it true, does he in fact do it for free?
>>
>>74546811
>The Tourist
That guy was a fuckin legend.

One thing I will say is that The Beatles seem more respected here than once was the case.
>>
>>74537886
>He doesn't use the internet to download music freely and keep an extensive library of music already on his phone

Look at this brainlet over here
>>
>>74546811
Yes, genre generals were an improvement, but everything else has been getting worse.
And those "the list goes on" meme are still real, they just don't apply to general threads as much.
/kpg/ has been the same always, T&S now turned into Grimes, Lady Gaga and Justin Timberlake are the current day Despacito and similar, but this doesn't take into account the way the board has degraded like I explained above. The overall taste of the board has indeed been getting more and more mainstream, even though mainstream threads where a thing since forever.

And I repeat, we don't have people knowledgeable people about plenty of genres like we used to before, with the exception of you (yet you still don't post very much).
>>
>>74546858
Beatles threads used to die after just a few replies before. Not anymore.
>>
>>74546728
normie music is better nowadays than what it used to be
the patricians never left tho, they are the ones that love that shit
>>
File: 1486565974640.gif (1MB, 478x360px) Image search: [Google]
1486565974640.gif
1MB, 478x360px
>>74538753
>Not being a retard about how you spend your cash is bad
>"Who cares if there are better options than spotify, you should support paid music like good goyim"

Jews, everytime
>>
>>74546869
metal became indie which became Cooltop/Nigman/NigFish shitposting which became pop-rap which became poptimism

all similar to the changes within p4k/fantano funnily enough
>>
>>74538878
>physically loading your songs onto your phone (which take up storage for other shit) as superior to Spotify
>Not buying a dedicated sd card for music

b r a i n l e t s
>>
File: robbert_smith.jpg (37KB, 600x420px) Image search: [Google]
robbert_smith.jpg
37KB, 600x420px
>>74540946

>He uses King Crimson as an example

Christ, what a pleb. What fucking "party" are you at where you get a request for King Crimson? Your whole life is a fantasy
>>
>>74540165
>Argues to have superior music options through shill app
>Doesn't understand the concept of being unable to listen to more obscure music
>Proceeds to out himself mainstream pop party musicfag

Ive never seen someone destroy their own argument in one post before like this
>>
>>74546810
You forgot to include the massive tumblr raid that occurred as well. They've been tampering with the site just as much as /pol/fags. It's why we get daily stealth tumblr vs. pol threads because both sides want to argue ideological bullshit on interest boards that are completely irrelevant to said politics.
>>
>>74545590
Streaming on Spotify on your computer is a waste of time since you can just pirate it and have it on your library quickly, and listen to it on YT while you're waiting. It's just a replacement for YouTube at that point. Cracked version on your phone makes sense though, Spotify would be fine if it didn't cost any money.
>>
>>74538035
this. truly the superior way to listen to music and it takes 0 effort
>>
>>74541375
>infested
Like 2-3 posts per thread with no replies.

Don't get me wrong /metal/ its not what it used to be but your reasoning its shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (29KB, 640x519px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 640x519px
>>74534849
> /mu/ quality decreases
> shills spotify

Really makes you think
>>
>>74545390
$240/year? Where are you getting these numbers? Spotify is $10/month, $5/month for students.
>>
File: our-final-guy.jpg (241KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
our-final-guy.jpg
241KB, 1000x1500px
This is the best thread on /mu/ at the moment. Everything else bores the shit out of me. It could also be the case that I don't give a damn about music anymore, who knows.
>>
>2017
>not being able to afford Spotify

seriously this shit is so goddamn cheap. Considering I used to shell out $20/album, this shit is a steal.
>>
>>74548450
>paying anything for music
>>
>>74535062
t. Leaf
>>
>>74538035
This is truly the right answer
>>
>>74539040
You're and autistic piece of shit but this is right we need elitist mentality back
>>
>>74537796
>pirating music is free
>the internet has virtually all the music you could possibly desire to listen to
>downloading music also means you don't use internet (phone data), as it can be put into your music library directly

>spotify is not free
>the variety of music on spotify becomes limited as soon as you search for shit that's not at least somewhat popular
>streaming uses data

Are you autistic?
>>
>>74550408
No, he's a shill.
>>
>>74534849
Lpl
>>
>>74545522
It's not a "no u" if he backed up his statement you fucking retard
>>
>>74535773
>>74545183
>>74545240
>>74545241
>>74545522
>>74545634
>>74545677
I feel like people that label those who listen to less-popular music/experimental whatever as insecure haven't been on /mu/ long enough to be used to that kind of discussion on a regular basis.

For example, I almost never listen to pop/radio-music because I gravitate towards music that (I believe) sounds especially unique. However, when someone I'm with puts on a pop radio station, I literally don't mind it at all unless some particularly shit song comes on.

>>74545722
>the fact that something is popular, doesn't mean its bad

I'm pretty sure nobody disagrees with this.

>the fact that you think that unaccesible music is better because less people like it, makes you retarded

Except nobody said that, you said this
>pop is entry level only because it sounds objectively good, pop is the only genre you can talk about without sounding like an insecure edgy teen desperate for a personality because they cant stand themselves

Which is complete hypocrisy, because you're just labeling anybody on /mu/ who isn't interested in discussing pop as insecure.
Thread posts: 257
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.