[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/metal/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 312
Thread images: 53

metal general

glam isn't metal
forest rock isn't nu-male

old: >>74130797
>>
>>74138012
First for greatest AOR of all time
https://youtu.be/SzXJfm8Nwy4?t=18m48s
>>
>>74138012
t. Nu-male
>>
>>74138012
Only instance in which I'm glad the band changed their original covers when they reissued their albums
>>
>>74138052
Wait, forgot about Blut Aus Nord
>>
File: hqdefault-4.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault-4.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>74138043
This is now a Comix Zone thread
No seriously check this shit, this guy writes heavenly songs
>>
>>74138028
Enuff Z'Nuff were a great power pop band and were all really good musicians (Check out Frigo's early '80s band Le Mans and you'll see some terrifying sweeps that surprisingly, were pre Yngwie), but the problem was they got caught up in the whole hair metal thing.

Paul Gilbert summed it up pretty well, imo.

>"The problem is that many of them are produced as heavy metal records. The big fuzzy guitars and bombastic snare drum do their best to cover up the chord changes and melodies, but if you listen carefully, there is beauty underneath all the chaos. The trick is to play these songs on an acoustic guitar or piano. Hollywood Ya, Baby Loves You and Blue Island are some of my favorites. Donnie Vie and the band finally started to figure out what kind of production best suits their songs, so the more recent Enuff Z’Nuff albums are a bit more listenable from the outset."
>>
>>74138090
He co-wrote the best Giant song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFoKIYhFwdo
>>
>force two people in metal to fuck and make babby

Who and why?

totally not gay btw
>>
File: IMG_4994.png (1MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4994.png
1MB, 750x1334px
I fucking love Drudkh and have been autistically spamming this album for a week
>>
>>74138164
Men can't have babies with eachother
>>
File: parasignosis.jpg (2MB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
parasignosis.jpg
2MB, 1280x1920px
Post alternate cover art/extra artwork.
>>
>>74138231
not yet, shitlord
>>
>>74138231
how do you know, have you tried?
>>
>>74138095
Yeah I know. They're like Beatles gone glam for no reason. I guess I should've mentioned other cliched glam bands instead, like, I don't know, Danger Danger, that wound up on that list.
>>
>>74138247
Tell me why are people collecting tapes again?
>>
>>74138273
yes
>>74138261
oh sorry I didn't know you here hard at work in your lab
let me know if you make any progress
>>
>>74138295
Dude
'90s
Lmao
>>
>>74138295
cuz its kvlt bro
>>74138330
>'90s
it's far more of an 80s thing, especially when it comes to metal
>>
>>74138295
hipster faggots
>>
>>74138164
Floor Jansen and someone who isn't the fucking drummer in Sabaton
>>
File: comix-zone-usa.png (15KB, 320x224px) Image search: [Google]
comix-zone-usa.png
15KB, 320x224px
>>74138142
OK song. I've only heard 2 Spiro albums, "Devotion" and "Now Is Then, Then Is Now". The latter was only ok, but Devotion blew me away
>>
>>74138295
>cheaper than vinyl
>easier to ship, handle and store than vinyl due to smaller size
>tape hiss and murkiness is more appropriate for the kind of metal I like than vinyl crackle
>different aspect ratio for the cover usually means exclusive cover art
>bands often go out of their way to add cool shit like extra art and lyric booklets
>they're just danker
>>
>>74138344
>it's far more of an 80s thing, especially when it comes to metal
Millennials don't even care, they have their own version of '90s they're so nostalgic about (despite never having lived in it).
>>
>>74138095

>Enuff Z'Nuff were a great power pop band and were all really good musicians

I absolutely agree. Donnie was quite an underrated song writer.
>>
File: 1500937184221.jpg (27KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1500937184221.jpg
27KB, 640x480px
what metal does she listen to?
>>
>>74138393
His best work is as an outside songwriter, imo
>>
>>74138407
>even taking vinyl into consideration
>actively seeking defectuous formats that distort the music and thus ruin the band's intention
>exclusive cover art
>extra art
>""""danker"""""
confirmed for hipster faggot who doesn't even care about the music
>>
>>74138012
>glam isn't metal
Some is. Some isn't.

Glam that is Metal: Dokken, Skid Row, (early) Mötley Crüe, Stryper, Twisted Sister, W.A.S.P., Maxx Warrior, Kuni, Metalwolf, Pink Cream 69, EZO, Cruella D'Ville, Vyper, London, Banshee, Keel, (early) Pantera, Nitro, Quiet Riot, Lion, Racer X, Madison, Heavy Pettin', Sinner, Megaattack, TKO, Marseille, Jack Starr's Burning Starr, Krokus, Icon

Glam that is NOT Metal: Extreme, Kix, L.A. Guns, Ratt, Rough Cutt, Lita Ford, Love/Hate, Warrant, White Lion, Great White, TNT, Alice Cooper, Cinderella, Britny Fox, Bonfire, Pretty Boy Floyd, Badlands, Slaughter, Winger, Enuff Z'Nuff, Wrathchild, Helix, Whitecross, Girl, XYZ, Black 'n Blue, Bang Tango, King Kobra, Shark Island, Faster Pussycat, Junkyard, Lillian Axe, Whitesnake
>>
>>74138478
Shame he's never been able to get his shit together, it's sad to think how many years and how much productivity he's lost to heroin. Last thing I'd heard of him was that he'd been arrested for meth manufacturing or something crazy like that.
>>
Why did thrash metal stop being cool after the 80s and 90s?
>>
File: 2ec2.jpg (24KB, 385x382px) Image search: [Google]
2ec2.jpg
24KB, 385x382px
>>74138510
>Some is
and I suppose crust is metal, too
>>
File: the grand tormentor.jpg (1MB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
the grand tormentor.jpg
1MB, 960x1440px
>>74138501
You don't have to collect them if you don't want to :)
>>
>>74138553
it was exhausted; everything that could be done within the style had been done
>>
>>74138295
>>74138247
>>74138567

I totally would collect tapes if I knew what to play them on. What are affordable tape players, preferably portable?
>>
>>74138553
There's only so much you can do with the same 1 chord GOTTA GO FAST template.
>>
>>74138564
Some of it absolutely is. Much of the early British scene overlapped with Extreme Metal.

Crust that is Metal: Amebix, Hellbastard, Sacrilege, Life Cycle, Concrete Sox, Axegrinder, Behind Enemy Lines, Deviated Instinct, Extinction of Mankind, Dystopia, Extreme Noise Terror, Hellshock, Hellkrusher, Iskra, Resistant Culture, Inepsy, Statement
>>
>>74138471
>Memes aside, Def Leppard, Skid Row, Motley Crew, Twisted Sister, Warrant, Whitesnake and Poison are not metal
Get a load of this guy. Search any music database for their genres if you're in doubt.
>>
There's not nearly enough BLEGHs in non-core metal.

I'd even settle for some barks.
>>
>>74138164
Trey Azagtoth from Morbid Angel and Wata from Boris.

The ultimate baby that can bring the badass fast as fuck riffs but also slow/groovy riffs while also being able to fit in weird minimalist classical inspired stuff, too for added variety. Helps that Trey's a weeb as well.
>>
>>74138692
Skid Row, Motley Crue and Twisted Sister are definitely Metal. Even Def Leppard's first LP is Metal. Fuck, Stryper is now more Metal than ever.

Warrant, Whitesnake and Poison are not, though.
>>
File: magnum.jpg (384KB, 1280x1292px) Image search: [Google]
magnum.jpg
384KB, 1280x1292px
This album is great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZsQeaqqc2o
>>
Is slayer actually good or is it more religion is for idiots fedora tipping garbage?
>>
File: 1493298104551.png (211KB, 327x316px) Image search: [Google]
1493298104551.png
211KB, 327x316px
>>74138684
>Some of it absolutely is
And I suppose neue deutsche härte is metal
>>
File: DSC00250.jpg (1MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DSC00250.jpg
1MB, 1440x1080px
WAKING WHEN MOONS WILL RE-E-E-E-E-E-E-EACH BLACK RITES TIME
AND TWIST THE EYELIDS OF WITCHES
>>
>>74138857
Show No Mercy is required listening, faggot
>>
Post Prog Metal
>>
>>74138857
1983-1985 is good
everything else is fedora garbage
>>
>>74138883
Give me a name.
>>
>>74138738
It's just arbitrary categories, really. I see no real point in being purist when there's no clear boundary and these bands stand on it.
But that anon can't take it that people simply discuss (in a civil manner) these bands in this general. So here's a some true metal pic for him
>>
>>74138879
You're just trying to be contrary.

No, NDH is mostly non-Metal. The only exception I can think of (and that's only because of their last album was a Groove/Industrial crossover) is Hanzel und Gretyl. Otherwise, the entire genre isn't Metal.
>>
File: DSC00251.jpg (1MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DSC00251.jpg
1MB, 1440x1080px
>>74138922
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3ZUUCMWLqA
>>
>>74138894
>Show No Mercy is required listening
Required listening doesn't amount to much more than "babby's first"
>>74138922
You're Roger now.
>>74138937
>
>>
>>74138857
Yes. Reign in Blood is perhaps the most important album there has been in thrash. But IMO it's not an easy listen. It took me a long time to appreciate these abrupt tempo changes and stuff like this
>>
File: bgg.jpg (359KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
bgg.jpg
359KB, 800x800px
>>74138937
>You're just trying to be contrary.
A.K.A.
>u don't agree w me so ur a meanie
And I suppose noise rock is metal
>>
File: essential_far_right_metal_newer.jpg (4MB, 2000x5616px) Image search: [Google]
essential_far_right_metal_newer.jpg
4MB, 2000x5616px
>>74138012
Black Metal:
>M8Л8TХ [M8L8TH]: Russian/Ukrainian Black Metal with a distinct folksy RAC influence. Their latest album has a wonderful blend of clean and harsh vocals.
>Nachtgeblüt: Argentinian Black Metal/Neoclassical crossover project of Eviigne. Previous albums had some classical pieces metallicized, but "Dying Echos of a Past Forlorn" highlights Eviigne's talents as a musician.
>Campo de Mayo: Another project of Eviigne. The music here is much harsher and more direct with fiercely anti-communist lyrics and songs glorifying the regime of Jorge Rafael Videla, infamous for putting communist dissidents on death flights.
>Kristallnacht: Their entire discography on one album. Raw French Black Metal with plenty of harsh tremolo picked lines. Pretty standard.
>Dub Buk: Highly folksy Ukrainian Black Metal with foot-stomping riffs, gang shouts and flutes.
>Grand Belial's Key: A US NS Black Metal classic. Not only one of the most intentionally hilarious Black Metal bands, but also one of the most intentionally hilarious NS Black Metal bands. Anti-Judeo-Christian lyrics with plenty of potshots at Jews and Jesus.
>Fanisk: Another US NS Black Metal classic. Epic keyboard-driven passages and walls of tremolo craft a fantastic atmosphere transporting you to somewhere beyond space and time.
>Absurd: All their classic tunes rerecorded for a new generation. Those who found their earlier work childish, raw and amateurish will appreciate the dedication from the new band to polish the old tunes into something quite powerful.
>Der Stürmer: Harsh Greek NS Black Metal with members active in Golden Dawn. Plenty of fast, furious, tremolo-picked power chords and feral shouts.
>Veles: Polish NS Black Metal classic.
>Graveland: Another Polish NS Black Metal classic. Slow, epic passages crafting an atmosphere of Viking warriors charging into battle with lyrics influenced by Ron McVan
>>
>>74138826
pretty gay lad
>>
>>74138994
hahaha oh man
>>
Black Metal (cont):
>Teмнoзopь [Temnozor]: Russian Folk/Black Metal crossover. Pagan lyrics and epic passages with clean and harsh vocals.
>Pantheon: USNSBM concept album. Much of their discography sucks, but they struck gold once with this concept album.
>Spear of Longinus: Australian NS Black Metal with a distinct old school influence. Hellhammer and Celtic Frost fans will enjoy this. Loads of lyrics of Nazi mysticism and Hinduism.
>Genocide: Thrashy Chilean Black Metal.
>Sombre Chemin: French Black Metal with an RAC undercurrent. Imagine early Absurd with Burzum-like atmosphere.
>Totenburg: Triumphant, but fierce German Black Metal that packs quite a punch. Like later Absurd with more aggression and thrashiness.
>Peste Noire: National Anarchist Black Metal with a very faint folksy influence. Plenty of feral vocals and blast beats with tremolo picked lines from hell.
>Aryan Blood: German Black Metal influenced by old school Heavy Metal. Worth it for "To Build an Empire" alone.
>Mjölnir: Unique German Black Metal with melodic and symphonic influences that craft a distinct atmosphere. Think old Lucifugum mixed in with Bathory, Enslaved, and Nokturnal Mortum.
>Naastrand: When traditional French folk songs discover Black Metal. Very unique and quite powerful.
>Wolfnacht: "Night of the Werewolf" is the best thing they've done. Everything else is rather mediocre Darkthrone worship, but the debut has some Absurd influences.
>Thunderbolt: The Polish lovechild of Emperor and Dissection. The atmospheric interludes are implemented nicely, rather than feeling superfluous. In a word, tasteful.
>Bannerwar: Greek Black Metal with bright tone elevated by a of the guitar melodies, a symphonic regalia of the pianos and keyboards, and a bloodied rasp of its front man. Energetic anthems bearing a semblance to Emperor's In the Nightside Eclipse, though not strikingly so. Don't expect much RAC influences. Even their cover of Blue Eyed Devil's "Eternal Fight" sounds grim
>>
Heavy Metal:
>RaHoWa: A sore subject, but George Burdi sure tried his damndest to channel Peter Steele. This album is pure Type O Negative worship with some awesome songs and terrible songs. The best are "Man Against Time," "Hall of the Heroes," "In the Fires of 1945," "The Last Battalion" and "God Is Dead". The cover of "The Snow Fell" is great, too.
>Honor: Epic Viking Metal with plenty of charging riffs and passages similar to Manowar and Graveland. The English version is superior to the Polish version, so track that one down. For some reason, the Polish mastering is horrible.
>Fortress: Incredible Heavy Metal from down under. NWOBHM-influenced Metal with an epic heavy ballad "Southern Birth, Northern Soul"
>Warlord: NWOBHM-influenced Metal from Skrewdriver guitarist Steve "Stigger" Calladine. Anti-Islamic "Jihad Joe" will make you crack a smile and "The South Will Rise Again" will make you unfurl your Rebel Flag.
>Excalibur: Czech Metal legends. Later albums go into Death Metal territory, but the debut has epic Metallica-influenced riffs and plenty of headbanging sections in spite of the awkward English.
>Buldok: Similar to Excalibur, but much more influenced by Dokken and Manowar, making the album sound surprisingly American. The Czech songs are better, but "Mission Spandau" has this saxophone section that always makes me smile.
>Spirit of 88: Heavy/Groove Metal solo project of a German musician. Catchy riffs in spite of the awkward vocals.
>Bomber: German Motörhead-influenced Heavy Metal from drummer/vocalist Kalle. Plenty of catchy riffs and feral vocals.
>Estirpe Imperial: Spanish Metal legends with Iron Maiden-esque riffs and patriotic lyrics.
>Kontingent 88: French Heavy Metal/Hard Rock with thoughtful lyrics and epic riffs. Easily my favorite out of all these.
>>
Hell Awaits > Reign In Blood > Show No Mercy = Season In The Abyss > South Of Heaven
>>
Thrash Metal:
>The Raunchous Brothers: When The Mentors discovered Teutonic Thrash. "Faggot Bolshevik" alone is quite a statement.
>Mudoven: if the Cro-Mags were racist, they'd be Mudoven. Solo-project of Vaginal Jesus guitarist Jim Crow, a purported veteran in Massachusetts hardcore underground. "Back to Africa" and "Green God" are classics.
>Bound For Glory: American RAC legends who fully underwent metalmorphosis on "The Fight Goes On." Every album after is just as great, but the songs here rule. "We've Got Your Number," "Doctor Marten Dental Plan," "Our Voice Is Stronger" and "Welcome" are testaments to the band's fury.
>Death's Head: Australian Thrash Metal with a distinct Hardcore influence. Perfect for moshing.
>Durandal: Slayer fans rejoice! French Thrash Metal with riffs distinctly influenced by Slayer and other American Thrash legends. The whole album is the best France has to offer.
>Frakass: The French Nationalist version of The Exploited. Moshable riffs and a great vocalist to boot.
>Ultimatum: A lesser version of Frakass. Riffs are still good, though.
>In Tyrannos: Slayer-influenced Metal project of German legend Daniel "Gigi" Giese. Loads of lyrics about the Freemasons, WWI, the Jews, 9/11 and other great topics abound.
>Iron Youth: Greek Thrash Metal. Everything else they produced is mediocre, but at least they got it right here.
>Squadron: RAC legends go Thrash here. Plenty of Hardcore-influenced riffage, but "Death Before Dishonour" will make you want to mount your horse and charge straight into battle.
>Кoppoзия Meтaллa [Korrozia Metalla]: Vulgar Russian Thrash legends. This album is when the band started to let it slip they aren't exactly tolerant. "K.K.K" gives some obvious hints, and the anti-Arab song from the following album would solidify their political stance.
>Кoлoвpaт [Kolovrat]: Even more explicit racist Russian Thrash. The playing here is very tight and the music has great production values to boot.
>>
>>74138857
Nah, they are a lot of fun on their first five. Only on later shit like God Hates Us All is where they start doing that.

Show No Mercy is one of the speedier speed metal records out there. Great, too if you like Bathory's s/t, Motorhead, Venom, etc.

Haunting The Chapel EP is like something in between the above sorta speed metal and the really fast thrash metal they eventually become known for.

Hell Awaits probably has the highest variety of riffs/structure in their discography. It's focus is mainly on atmosphere so there's long slower parts, too between the fast ones. Kinda like thrash doing some sorta black metal or death metal with dark atmosphere.

Reign In Blood is their fastest record, and has one of the highest riff/time ratios of any metal album. Granted there's no as much variety in riffs to circumvent the constant changes, and they are simple riffs, but it's still fast and hard hitting.

South Of Heaven is their slowest of their good albums. I think the slow, groovier riffs are cool, but they also had clean guitar parts and cleaner vocals which weren't as great. Still a decent listen though.

Seasons In The Abyss has a little bit of all of the above, and is the longest one by far being 42 minutes long (all their records are pretty short, which is another thing I like that they usually get straight to the point.)
>>
>>74139002
>>74139024
>>74139045
>>74139065
how is this faggot not banned from spamming yet
>>
Death Metal:
>Arghoslent: American Death Metal with thrashy heavy riffs similar to those of Manilla Road. Loads of lyrics about slavery, conquest and, of course, the Holocaust.
>Berserkr: American Death'n'Roll/Groove Metal with incredible production values. Fans of Entombed, '90s Sepultura and Pantera will enjoy this.
>Vaginal Jesus: Hilarious Grindcore with a Seth Putnam connection; hilarious lyrics and nasty riffs abound.
>>
>>74139015
From that post I can tell just what kind of man you are.
>>
>>74139078
>waaah he created a chart that hurts my feeewings waaah
>>
>>74139105
oh no he implied I'm a nu-male, how will I ever recover
>>
>>74139127
even worse, he's probably implying you're le uneducated brute dudebro
>>
>>74139000
You're the one strawmanning all over the place while I respond thoughtfully.
>>
>>74139127
I don't believe it's possible for you to recover.
>>
File: IMG_0610.jpg (44KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0610.jpg
44KB, 220x220px
>>74138012
meshuggah is the only metal band I've followed for every album
>>
>>74139109
>>74139118
He posts the exact same shit every time, and it shits up the board. Besides, I honestly think it would work better if he just posted that on /pol/ because most of us here know those bands and if we don't, do know where/how to find them.
>>
>>74139151
>I smoke dank kush and get my dick wet
>/metal/ unironically has a problem with this
lmao when did this subreddit become /r9k/?
>>
>>74139159
>I respond thoughtfully
>this level of self-delusion
You're literally saying "these bands are metal because they are" and getting mad when someone disagrees. You're no better than me. In fact, you're a bit worse, since you think those styles are, even if partially, metal.
>>
>>74139190
>lmao when did this subreddit become /r9k/?
>subreddit

This is either the smoothest bait or the most hilarious Freudian slip.
>>
>>74139190
'bout 2011
>>
whats good
>>
File: manomanoman.jpg (58KB, 798x449px) Image search: [Google]
manomanoman.jpg
58KB, 798x449px
MANOWAR MANOWAR LIVING ON THE ROAD
WHEN WERE IN TOWN SPEAKERS EXPLODE
WE DONT ATTRACT NU-MALES CAUSE WERE TOO LOUD
JUST TRVE METAL PEOPLE THATS MANOWARS CROWD
>>
YOU JUST GOT _______ THE FUCK OUT
>>
>>74139304
>KEKED
>>
>>74139304
RIFFED
>>
what subgenre is this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mehP6dcFlhA
>>
>>74139257
>we end up discussing actual music
You aren't doing that as a result of him posting it. If you had no clue about those bands, you may not be as into metal as anyone else, so you're just poser garbage who it sounds like just started posting here because the rest of /mu/ probably triggers you.
>nah, it's a music chart. you're just a faggot.
With a very obvious political bent that would help expose it more to others.
>>
>>74139403
>snownigger Blood Stain Child
>>
>>74139403
corsetcore
>>
>>74139403
Nightwish with harsh vocals
>>
>>74139403
shit
>>
>>74139506
>if you don't know every nsbm band you're a poser
>thinks people who need to be spoonfed EVERYTHING aren't posers
>right wing music reccs aren't allowed here
>thinks recs should be given even when not asked for
What level of mental retardation are you on? Jesus christ, with plebs like you, we'll never be able to discuss music itself.
>>
>>74139506
>the only discussion centered around my shitty lo-fi hate speech metal is how it triggers™ hipsters from Portland
>>
>>74139646
unsolicited recs is a violation of the NAP
>>
>>74139646
>implying I said anything about permission
Lmao, stop embarrassing yourself. You sound like a some sort of broken robot now (or a retard but hopefully a robot.)
>>
>>74139646
You're trying to spread political views, not music. That's clear.
>>
Someone post the caverncore chart pl0x
>>
File: Cavern-core.png (888KB, 821x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Cavern-core.png
888KB, 821x1200px
>>74139752
>>
>>74139831
Thank you.
>>
>>74139778
see >>74139752 >>74139831
that's how this general works
>>
File: Dethrone the Son of God.jpg (511KB, 1434x1428px) Image search: [Google]
Dethrone the Son of God.jpg
511KB, 1434x1428px
I wish more black metal was like this. It's like if the intensity of old school death metal merged with black metal. Also love the short song lengths since everything's to the point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNYDpZDdU1c
>>74139778
That's with the intention to not get shit spammed here. Spam objectively discourages discussion.
>>74139833
>I-I'll post Trump stuff because it's sure to trigger these liberals since I'll assume these are all libs because they disagree with me on something
Please, continue embarrassing yourself.
>>
>>74139833
Don't play dumb. Be upfront about your aims. Your aims are to use music in order to interest others in your political philosophy or at least to gain their sympathies. Again, this is all clear.
>>
Wintersun's new album. Any good?
>>
>>74139932
What does Hulk Hogan have to do with met—
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkYb4atGLYU
>>
Is it possible to wear a Drudkh shirt around without being label a "nazi'? I am very wary of that stuff
>>
>>74139981
Not all Ukrainian bands are NSBM
>>
>>74139932
I didn't say anything about Hulk Hogan. What the fuck are you talking about?
>>74139942
Nah. Not enough of the cool melodies, and a lot of that's replaced with straightforward chord work. The mixing/mastering on it's terrible as well (but not the fun, raw metal kind of terrible)
>>
based Mods, this one goes out to you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmZcnVREtLY
>>
File: 262485.jpg (50KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
262485.jpg
50KB, 500x500px
I am absolutely glued to this guy's stuff right now.
>>
>>74139981
Nope. Really any band that has earned the fans' respect through their music (Graveland, Drudkh, Burzum, Brutal Truth, Napalm Death, etc.) are fine in terms of being a fan of them/wearing their merch among ALL metal fans regardless of political views. If there's one occasional person who'll act out, others will be on your side for any argument like that.
>>
>>74140080
So... what you're saying... is yes.
>>
>>74139981
a) Drudkh has fuckall to do with nazism
b) very unlikely you'll run into anyone who even knows the band, unless you go to concerts or record stores
c) if so, people who recognise it will most likely be familiar with the music alone, and since the music's good, they'll probably think "cool band" and move on with their lives
>>74140143
Yeah, I think he meant yes
>>
Also gonna post Profanatica since they do intense black metal like Havohej, too. Can't believe any of this side of USBM never got love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=li72TKixByM

>>74140143
Yup.
>>
>>74139981
Depends on the shirt and where you live. Most people would not know the band and even fewer would know what the lyrics are because Ukrainian. Drudkh also explicitly stated they don't want their music to be political and they disapprove of extremist political views.
>>
are Havohej's EPs any good?
Will they ever be released as a compilation?
>>
>>74140193

Seeing them in a few weeks, stoked af
>>
File: Keeperofthesevenkeys.jpg (307KB, 573x1146px) Image search: [Google]
Keeperofthesevenkeys.jpg
307KB, 573x1146px
>Interviewer: What is Keeper of the Seven Keys about?
>Michael Weikath: Isn't it obvious? It's about Jesus Christ.
>>
>>74140214
Yeah, but they aren't exactly Dethrone The Son Of God either. It's very noisy, and sometimes barely metal (more of some sorta dark ambient/noise combo.)

>>74140260
Damn. Have fun, my man. Another one of the reasons I wish I lived on the West Coast. Hell, the Cali Deathfest is starting to look better than our Maryland one in some ways.
>>
File: 1325070313950.jpg (26KB, 465x364px) Image search: [Google]
1325070313950.jpg
26KB, 465x364px
>>74140344
>seven deadly sins
>>
>>74140360

Really? You guys are getting Master's Hammer next year
>>
>>74140344

Someone tells me why is Helloween so championed on /meal/ again?
>>
>>74140516
because riffs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qbthekf4lms
>>
>>74139070
Quality post. Gets to the point of why the first five are very good
>>
>>74138209

I'm a Swan Road man myself, but save "A Handful Of Stars" Drudkh has never disappointed me.

Hate Forest is also a great project from some of the same people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2-AZwJ4hB8

>>74138501

>even taking vinyl into consideration

Vinyl sounds better than CD though.

Also, metal is meant to be distorted and rough and many bands release their music with the intention that people will be listening to it via tape.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUUcEUOLqT8

>>74139870

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aS3LW73N3cY

Not quite the same, but may have a bit of what you are looking for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgJ34E51iYc

Another USBM classic.
>>
>>74139070

Do they even play any off stuff before RIB live anymore?
>>
>>74140614
>bought into the vinly sounds better meme
>"Hate Forest is also a great project from some of the same people."
>actually thinks someone, anyone here doesn't know that already
>>
>>74140637
When I saw them in 2016 they played Hell Awaits and Chemical Warfare
>>
Where can i buy a sick Helloween shirt?
>>
>>74140499
I just saw the news, I take it back. Helmet, Master's Hammer, Today Is The Day, Integrity, and Ruins Of Beverast. DAMN. Before I was only hyped for Sinister and Wormrot.

I do really want to go to Cali for Dead Congregation, Nunslaughter, Merciless, Demolition Hammer, Victims, and Samael doing Ceremony Of Opposites. Particularly that Ceremony Of Opposites set for Samael because that's a personal favorite even though it doesn't get enough love often (it's not just black metal with synths/industrial sounds, but it's black metal with groove heavy riffs!)
>>74140606
Thank you.
>>74140614
Bestial Warlust and Demoncy are amazing, good post along with the other stuff as well.
>>74140637
>Slayer
>not playing Raining Blood
Psssshhhhh.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQP6gfXLWtE
>>
>>74140637
Oh, BEFORE RIB. Yeah, they have done Chemical Warfare, Fight Til Death, and Captor Of Sin afaik.
>>
>>74140794

That's cool. i will prob go see them just for Behemoth
>>
File: Spurdo_6e5aeb_5477551.jpg (47KB, 604x320px) Image search: [Google]
Spurdo_6e5aeb_5477551.jpg
47KB, 604x320px
>>74140794
>FTD
OF ALL SNM SONGS THEY PLAY THAT
Whatever, the entire album is a 10/10 and every song easily replayable. FTD is just the weakest of them all for me personally but it's still very good
>>
File: a3915232228_10.jpg (327KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
a3915232228_10.jpg
327KB, 1200x1200px
Playing this right now. It's pretty decent
>>
>>74140915
2016 fuccboi's AOTY
>>
>>74140915
for an indie band, maybe
>>
>>74140915
Don't listen to them, it's a good album
>>
Where were you when you realized that Xibalba (now Xibalba Itzaes cuz shitty hardcore band Xilbalba) did the whole Mexican Black Metal before and better than Crepúsculo Negro?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyejHXGyFco
>>
>>74141474
He already agrees with your wrong opinion, faggot
>>
>>74141499
fucking fakeass spics making music about their "roots" while being race traitors living the U.S.
>>
>>74140794
>>74140637
When I saw them on Repentless tour they did Black Magic, Die By the Sword, Chemical Warfare, and Hell Awaits.
>>
File: cover.jpg (298KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
298KB, 1000x1000px
>>74141585
>implying the southwest isn't Aztlan
>>
>>74141585
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Crepúsculo Negro does act out of Cali, meanwhile Xibalba Itzaes still acts out of Mexico, being technically less hypocritical.
>>
>>74141622
>>74141614
I just have an irrational hatred towards Crepúsculo Negro. It's like that Myrkur piece of shit, or, fucking, Maria Sharapova.
>>
>>74141645
Also Tengger Cavalry
>>
>>74141662
fucking this
Ever since they relocated to New York they've become Pitchfork VICE hipsters
>>
>>74141645
Eh, I don't actually mind CN's hypocrisy; at least I got to see them live as a result (first time I have seen different bands play but with the exact same members for all of them.) Unsurprisingly, they were super nice to everyone, even non-Mexicans like me.
>>74141691
When you've got goddamn CNN and Billboard covering you, why the hell not?
>>
Why is no one talking about the new Converge you hipster fucks
>>
>>74141799
>>>/mu/
>>
>>74141767
>why the hell not?
Dignity? Shame? Honour? Oh who am I kidding, we're talking about musicians making it out of their post-apocalyptic, raped and pillaged homeland. I'd probably start playing latin american post-reguetonesque bass heavy fuck music.
>>
Wait is Crepúsculo Negro a band?
>>
>>74141829
More of a label that's kind of spawned a scene of its own, not unlike warp and idm
>>
>>74141614

Jesus why did Brujeria came back and ruin their legacy like that
>>
Daily reminder that there is nothing wrong with Cradle Of Filth
>>
What are some (successful) examples of bands mixing (preferrably extreme) metal with their local, traditional music forms? There's plenty of those in europe, so let's skip central and northern europe altogether. Any southamerican black metal band that uses charangos? Iranian bands that include the Tabur? Hindu Tech Death with Sarods? Distorted Iranian players plugging tārs into amplifiers and adding distortion to them to play some grimm bm tunes?
>>
>>74141863
Dinero
>>74141897
>Daily reminder that there is nothing wrong with Cradle Of Filth's debut. Everything else is shit, though
fixed
>>
>>74141897
>kvltkiddies shit on CoF for being mainstream and tame
>they're literally one of the most edgiest and fucked up bands ever
90% of people know Cradle of Filth through Nymphetamine, or more specifically, Liv Kristine's guest spot on it, but conveniently ignore the Jesus Is a Cunt shirt, nekkid roasties dancing on stage and the entire album of The Principle of Evil Made Flesh
>>
>>74141924

>>Daily reminder that there is nothing wrong with Cradle Of Filth's debut. Everything else is shit, though

But Dusk and Her Embrace and Cruelty and the Beast are their best albums anon
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFlPd7ERiVQ
YAAAAAAAAAA QUEEN SLAAAAAAY
>>
>>74141947
>Dusk and Her Embrace
marginally acceptable
>Cruelty and the Beast
*audible vomit*
>>
>>74141973

Cruelty has those neatly intertwined tremolo riffs and tragic beauty about it, with some of the most emotionally charged tracks they ever did
>>
>>74141910
This is something I've been dying to hear for years now. Negura gets close sometimes, but it's not "traditional" enough. I suppose it makes sense the norse did it better. Traditional nordic folklore is pretty metal to begin with.
>>
>>74141937

>Liv Kristine

Lol what's that cunt up to now Leaves's Eyes kicked her ass out
>>
File: cover.jpg (117KB, 600x631px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
117KB, 600x631px
>>74141910
>>74141991
There's always Birushanah, which is what happens when you cross sludge doom with kabuki theatre
>>
>>74142005
>be Liv
>marry the guy from Atrocity
>start your own band
>get pretty popular
>start to become a controling bitch
>Atrocity guy knocks you up to calm you down
>have baby
>still be a bitch
>file for divorce and get kicked out of your own band
Liv had a hard life
>>
>>74142037

Does she gets to keep custody of the child at least?
>>
>>74142029
holy mother
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtgLu8J4puA
no kotos or shamisens, though. That would have been too cool
>>
>>74142051
yeah let's give the baby to the unstable one
>>
>>74141838
so like 80s Cogumelo
post labels that spawned their own genre/scene i.e ross bay cult
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UrFqWsm9_g

Post instrument playthroughs
>>
>>74142716
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbAyahF_tfg
>>
>>74142732
I wonder how much coke he's on
>>
>>74142732
why is he going through so many picks?
>>
>>74143215
His palms are sweaty because
>>74142776
>how much coke he's on
>>
>>74142732
>>74142776
>>74143215
>>74143247
It's fucking depressing what Yngwie's become.

We went from this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3u3Kaveh0g

to this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sIu-s-swF0
>>
File: TheDarkSaga.jpg (36KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
TheDarkSaga.jpg
36KB, 300x300px
USPW FTW
>>
>>74138295
Maybe some people just want to hear the album a little bit differently
>>
File: 80sfloofypriss.jpg (363KB, 1111x1134px) Image search: [Google]
80sfloofypriss.jpg
363KB, 1111x1134px
>>74138480
>posting Bubblegum Crisis 2040 Priss
Nu-metal
But 80s floofy Priss was a Glam girl
>>
File: images (4).jpg (15KB, 216x216px) Image search: [Google]
images (4).jpg
15KB, 216x216px
What are Albums in an artists discog that are considered to be their best but are your least favourite /meal/? I love it but I can't help but feel they had their fingers in too many pies on this. To it's testament it's the only legitimate great example of Progressive Grindcore (Longhena doesn't count, that's just power metal for agro cunts). It's a toss up day to day whether Prowler or Terrifyer are my favourite. Prowler is brutal, groundbreaking and conceptually succinct and well paced. Terrifyer is an echo chamber of ill intentions and absolute evil with amazing standout moments (lost cause, towering flesh, terrifyer etc). Who knows.
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (15KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
15KB, 250x250px
>>74144033
idk, just gets too plodding
>>
>>74144048
Well you can always argue "bass" when people throw that one in your face
>>
>>74141910
I really like Book of Sand - The Face of the Deep, it's got the gamelan in it. It might bore you though, I guess that's just up to your taste. And it's a white guy from Minnesota so I guess it might not be "authentic"
>>
>>74138012
NUUUUUUUUUUU MAAAAAAAAAAAAAALEEEEE

NUUUUUUUUUUU MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALE
>>
>>74144837
t. nu-male
>>
Post good stuff from your country/state
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4z-N-Vo73c
Probably the best Thrash Metal band in France right now.
>>
>>74139831

holy shit anons .. anything more like bolzer and abyssal out there?
>>
File: Pneuma.jpg (2MB, 1417x1417px) Image search: [Google]
Pneuma.jpg
2MB, 1417x1417px
post psychedelic metal
>>
>>74145202
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgZkC-wrRxM
>>
>>74143607
I have not listened to any of their newer albums. Are they worth checking?
>>
>>74145280
I got Dystopia when it came out because I was really curious about Stu Block's singing and I wasn't disappointed, he's exactly in between Barlow and Ripper with a lot of his own voice. The record itself was meh, some very cheesy choruses and rehashed riffs. Jon Schaffer still is the uncontested master of down picking tho.
>>
why do so many 2nd wave black metal bands start with the letter B?
>Burzum, Behemoth, Darkthrone, Brutal Truth, Metallica...
>>
>>74144837
t. nu-female
>>
You ain't perfect, but I love you all and wish you best of luck on your path ahead.
>>
>>74144033
Opeth's Orchid
>>
>>74145469
But Morningrise is kino rite
>>
>>74145469
>>74145541
name ONE decent Opeth riff.
protip: you literally can't
>>
Nu-male and nu-metal are shit.
>>
>a fucking banjo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3asnstVqOnU
>>
>>74138994
Surely Overkill is the most important thrash album
>>
Someone post some good Heavy Metals for me to listen to with my ears, good anons
>>
>>74138480
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfqZCyH_jlg&ytb
>>
File: 81g7cgdKbQL._SY355_.jpg (35KB, 342x355px) Image search: [Google]
81g7cgdKbQL._SY355_.jpg
35KB, 342x355px
What Ayreon albums should I listen to next?

I started with The Source but apparently there are loads of musical and lyrical references to past albums that went over my head.
>>
>>74145556
>Opeth
>riffs
fuck off

>>74145541
Morningrise was great, Black Rose Immortal is one of my favorite tracks, but Orchid is one of the rarer albums that I just can't help not love every second off and it's my personal 10. No album, Opeth's discography wise especially, blew me off like Orchid did when I returned to it at the beginning of spring 2017.
>>
File: o3as0clTz91tbsb1mo1_1280.jpg (149KB, 1280x801px) Image search: [Google]
o3as0clTz91tbsb1mo1_1280.jpg
149KB, 1280x801px
>>74139002
Put some Dark Fury and Wodulf on that list.
and someone sell me that goatmoon cd..
>>
>>74145881
You're right, Opeth is riffless garbage
>>
>>74145893
You didn't seriously expect MA tier riffs from a prog band such as Opeth, did you? If you did, you're a fucking retard.
>>
>>74145908
No I didn't, but i've heard several prog death metal bands being able to pull off great riffs yet still remaining very progressive
Opeth seems to be terrible in both aspects
>>
>>74145923
I'll give you their riffs are lackluster, and say anything you wish about Opeth, but Orchid was great and you can go fuck yourself.

On a side note, what prog bands did you listen to that managed to pull of great riffs? Would you mind giving this faggot a few reccs?
>>
File: FvVw_ck6QbiZijTp1rw2FQ.png (1KB, 98x65px) Image search: [Google]
FvVw_ck6QbiZijTp1rw2FQ.png
1KB, 98x65px
kek
>>
>>74145945
Yesterday, my two posts in a span of 30 minutes ended with "1488"
>>
only death is real
>>
>>74145937
Have you tried Sylosis ?
>>
>>74145937
I'm not that guy, but Edge of Sanity's Crimson is a pretty great proggy riff-fest. I like the sequel a lot too.
>>
SATANISRAEL
SATANISRAEL
SATANISRAEL
SATANISRAEL
SATANISRAEL
>>
>>74145985
I really like Edge Of Sanity, went through their discography couple of weeks ago and like Crimson 1, 2 and Spectral Sorrows the most.

>>74145973
Nope, will check it out after I'm finished with the shit I'm going through now. Thanks for the recc, lad.
>>
File: Farseeing The Paranormal Abysm.jpg (449KB, 1203x1203px) Image search: [Google]
Farseeing The Paranormal Abysm.jpg
449KB, 1203x1203px
>>74145937
This is pretty much if Opeth was good
>>
I AM THE EEEMPEEEEEEROOOOOOOOR
>>
>>74146031
the chasm are what i'd consider a true gem
>>74145937
stargazer
>>
>>74146031
they were good, emphasis on were, but will check your recc.
>>74146045
shall do
>>
Opeth were good up to Still Life and weren't total shit until Watershed, people just piss on them now because nerds have been dick riding them for over a decade.
>>
>>74146152
Aye, it's just progfags being pretentious retards as always.
>>
>>74138510
This
>>
>>74144914
>>74145386
t. nu-non-binary
>>
>>74140193
wtf this is really fat
>>
>>74144100
Bass literally doesn't matter at all in metal
>>
>>74145335
Im not a guitar players what's so special about down picking
>>
>>74146467
Jon Schaffer has an extremely precise, fast and tight rythm playing composed mostly of down strokes.
See Master of Puppets?
All those riffs are played with down strokes of the right wrist. It's the key element of many, many heavy metal riffs and it's very hard to master, it's what gives that "tight" feeling.
>>
>>74146439
>never but a bass line down for any songs I recorded
I want to believe
>>
>>74146439
Oh, you're that guy.
>>
>>74146439

>Not wanting your lead guitars filled out with phat bass slapping and jumping away in the background

Nu metal got that right tbqh
>>
File: 1437336935173.png (208KB, 488x360px) Image search: [Google]
1437336935173.png
208KB, 488x360px
>>74146658
>mfw new havok has slap bass
shame about the rest of the record
>>
>>74146467
>>74146534
Recently I wanted to listen to some Ramones covers played on Les Paul. I couldn't believe every fucking faggot who did them didn't even bother with downpicking. I'm still mad about this
>>
New Nightbringer is actually fucking solid
>>
File: 1471778009085.jpg (3KB, 109x125px) Image search: [Google]
1471778009085.jpg
3KB, 109x125px
>>74140614
>many bands release their music with the intention that people will be listening to it via tape.
>>
What's some metal with meme bass
>>
>>74146908
Noise/ambient, punk, black metal most of the DIY scenes really.
>>
>>74145878
Most people say electric castle is the best ayreon.
I personally prefer 010011 ,or whatever its called
>>
>>74146933
what do you mean by meme bass? over the top bass with that one tone every techdeath band and their dog likes nowadays?
>>
>>74146933
No such thing as b*ss in metal
>>
>>74146945
Stuff like Gotsu Totsu Kotsu, Blasphemy made flesh and the Seinfeld theme
>>
File: Longing.jpg (374KB, 1000x932px) Image search: [Google]
Longing.jpg
374KB, 1000x932px
>bass is always irrelevant
>>
>>74146965
>well bitch
>>
>>74138295
>Tell me why are people collecting tapes again?
It was always an underground metal thing you sperglord.

Expensive recording equipment and CDs/Vinyl are extremely untrve.
>>
>>74140899
por hidlur :DD
>>
>>74146439
>who is Lemmy
>>
>>74146295
t. nu-nigger
>>
>>74140175
While they're not NSBM, some members obviously do have ties to it. Not exactly fuck all to do with it.
>>
>>74146439
Billy Sheehan would like a word.
>>
File: toomanycds.jpg (66KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
toomanycds.jpg
66KB, 960x540px
Just got done unpacking my CD's, I have another box to go through yet, not to mention sort my vinyls and boxed versions.
>>
>>74147244
why the FUCK do you have world painted blood
>>
what are the most nu-male band ever and the most non-nu-male band ever? total opposites
>>
File: 1500621099111.png (77KB, 282x214px) Image search: [Google]
1500621099111.png
77KB, 282x214px
>>74147244
Why world painted red
>>
>>74138209
That lead guitar on the first riff NNNNNNGGHHh
>>
>>74147244
dat pink
>>
>>74147278
>>74147304
I was like 16 and didn't know any better
>>74147340
Haven't had the time to buy a duvet yet
>>
File: 6508607.jpg (29KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
6508607.jpg
29KB, 300x300px
its out
https://getmetal.club/125608-rage-seasons-of-the-black-limited_edition-2017.html
>>
>>74147438
what kinda fucken skull is that
>>
This unironically sounds like Slipknot - Iowa
>>
>>74147489
american skull
>>
>>74147438
>>
>>74147600
http://filecrypt.cc/Link/Aj0bn2XZv1lXyFwesEi70kp9BE6nKrIZPoFF7f-wqUgRXMqGGL18UMzwLvR7fpAIkVKLhWojkQPXjtl7F2KHQR3pFsJLOcbEuK9pFK2ED33XgfYQFHGHgjLyh7Y6v6oi.html
>>
>>74147549
no it doesn't and same goes with nickleback or pearl jam or whatever, it's sludge/death metal and your memes are stale
>>
>>74147069
t. nu-cuck
>>
>>74147621
Nice virus!! :^)
>>
>>74147643
nice bait
>>
>>74147648
t. nu-how-long-is-this-meme-going-to-last-faggot
>>
File: Josuke.png (2MB, 740x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Josuke.png
2MB, 740x1200px
>mfw listening to Blacklodge
>>
So are Within Temptation worth listening to?
>>
>>74148103
>Within Temptation
better listen to Within the Ruins
>>
is Sunn O))) metal?
>>
>>74146439
t. 16
>>
>>74148103
no
>>
>>74148117
>Within the Ruins
debut is unironically fun
>>
>>74148151
yes
>>
>>74148151
no
>>
>>74148151
they're on metal archives and they're fussy as fuck so yes
>>
File: 1500469644453.png (680KB, 668x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1500469644453.png
680KB, 668x1300px
>>74148090
>>
synthesizer >>>>>>>>>> riffs
>>
>>74148262
>Soundgarden are on the archives
>A7X and The Dillenger Escape Plan aren't
Really makes you think.
>>
>>74148287
metalarchives definition of metal is memetier
>>
>>74148287
I forgot a7x werent
>looked up the forum
>"guys they're just mislabelled hard rock, guys pls"
It's like they never listened to City Of Evil, which, while I'm not a fan, was easily metal.
>>
File: anger (18).jpg (25KB, 600x677px) Image search: [Google]
anger (18).jpg
25KB, 600x677px
/meal/, I'm looking for fast djent. Recc
>>
>>74148433
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29jSyfRR_-Y
>>
>>74148481
not bad, but i need something more djent.
>>
>>74139078
You're a faggot if you hate this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvI5xt3pa3Q
>>
>>74148520
Haven't they found out the natives in New Zealand had Europeans ancestors because they had red hair or something?
>>
>>74148481
>>74148524
more polyrhythms i mean.
>>
>>74148286
Unriffs >>>>>>>>>> synthesizer
>>
ONLY THE TRVEST KVLT TRACKS ALLOWED!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKJDAVvs_JA
>>
one for the connaisseurs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVyfapG1Kvc
>>
Best traditional heavy song of all times
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwOqlo63Kd0
>>
>>74148950
CROWN UPON HIS HEEAD
>>
File: 465756778.jpg (56KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
465756778.jpg
56KB, 500x500px
Damn, clean vocals ruins every single metal album
>>
>>74149220
they're better on Ghost Reveries anyway
>>
>>74145556
>>74145556
The end of Deliverance.
>>
>>74149220
What you said just made me remember that From Autumn to Ashes used to be a popular band at some point.
>>
https://youtu.be/dm3zkZX_FxI

New Converge. Thoughts? The other track they released along with this is a sludge metal track.
>>
>>74149629
seemed okay

what the fuck is that video though
>>
>>74138619
There are basically no new tape players being manufactured and the few that are are complete shit. The secondhand market, however, is absolutely flooded with the things right now. You can probably pick up a really nice high-end machine for <$10 if you live in a big city with some thrift shops.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZhLdqOt6IQ
>>
>>74149629
Just listened to both. Feeling both of them and probably my most excited metal releases of the year. Eve was definitely my favorite of the two. Hoping the album is good.
>>
what does meal think about nunslaughter
>>
I downloaded Paradise Lost's first five albums, fill me up on 'em.
Should I listen to them chronologically? Should I bother with anything past those five?
>>
>>74146938
So, the ones without any discernible talent that spew out an entire discography in one afternoon from their "studio" (read: computer)
>Should I listen to them chronologically?
That's a retarded question to make. Of course you should
>Should I bother with anything past those five?
Nah. Everything after DT is either whiny goth rock or a "back to the roots" attempt that sold well but is artistically hollow and irrelevant
>>
Time to call the doctor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FFTQRmsK0k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XHcPYorSJw
>>
>>74150941
no doctor can shock the gay out of you when you listen to that shit
>>
>>74141910
might be too obvious but already mentioned in the thread is Tengger Cavalry. Also obvious but in case you haven't heard Om and Batushka have some great stuff mixing with Christian liturgical music.
>>
File: blacklodge-machination.jpg (1MB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
blacklodge-machination.jpg
1MB, 1500x1500px
>>74148286
>not both
non Blacklodge-listening plebs fug off
>>
>>74151257
>mentioned in the thread is Tengger Cavalry
As an example of bands that did it wrong
>>
*kills nu-males*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUrTH8XQXZI
>>
>>74151426
plz dont kys
>>
>>74151462
t. nu-malus rex
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn8SKeD8Umc
>>
File: IMG_20170717_230340.jpg (308KB, 960x953px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170717_230340.jpg
308KB, 960x953px
Mmmmmmmmmm. Might go see them in chicago
>>
nu thread
>>74151538
>>
>>74146965
This album is so good.
>>
>>74149629

Who still listens to Cuckverge anymore?
Thread posts: 312
Thread images: 53

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.