[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Artists you don't understand the appeal of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_4390.jpg (32KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4390.jpg
32KB, 400x400px
>Radiohead
>The White Stripes
>Tame Impala
>Father John Misty
>>
Every time I hear any of those bands, I start pacing back and forth in my room, murming to myself "this is reddit, this is memes" over and over again in between blowing raspberries and shaking my hand
>>
>>73926661
>grimes
>grimes
>grimes
>also weezer
>>
All of those bands cater exclusively to nu-males anyway
>>
File: MV5BMjIw.jpg (13KB, 185x160px) Image search: [Google]
MV5BMjIw.jpg
13KB, 185x160px
>kpop in general
>>
shit like noise, ambient, boring minimalistic stuff
most avant-garde stuff
music that was literally made to be "challenging to listen to, understand or enjoy"
some jazz, mostly the ones that they all go nuts for no reason, that shit its annoying
>>
>>73926661
homer simpson do'h
>>
>>73926661
>>73926724
Nu males are pathetic creatures and you shouldn't feel sorry for understanding their corporate feel good self pity emasculated muzak

Every single artist itt are nu male panderers, especially radiohead
>>
>>73926661
I really tried to get into Radiohead, but Ok computer turned me off.
>>
>>73926790
this my god. jesus it's all the same song. Jpop/idol music as well
>>
File: dua-lipa-fuse-interview-1.jpg (68KB, 816x544px) Image search: [Google]
dua-lipa-fuse-interview-1.jpg
68KB, 816x544px
Dua Lipa. She's getting a lot of hype from the type of gays whose Grindr profile is "buy EMOTION on iTunes", but I don't get it. What about her is knocking the socks off so many poptimists?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2qgadSvNyU
>>
>>73926661
>>73926858
As a fan of Radiohead who doesn't think they're superior for liking them or their political message or their "boundary pushing experimentation," I find their songs emotionally evocative, their messing with time signatures (more so than many popular bands) is pretty cool and every album offers something different as a listening experience. The progression of their music's quality as they go is gratifying for me as well. But that's just me.
>>
>Metallica
>Mayhem
>Burzum
>The Beatles
>U2 (unlike the rest, i've never met someone who likes them)
>Nirvana
>>
>Grimes
>Halsey
>Panic! At the Disco
>Lana Del Ray
>Kanye
>NMH
>Green Day
>Wavves
>Joyce Manor
>>
>>73926992
I do get The Gays™ stanning Carly but Dua's debut is literally just all of Top 40 consolidated into one boring album. Be The One is still her only decent song.
>>
>>73926661
I understand their appeal, I just don't see how they became so big around here:
Death Grips
Grimes
Kanye West
>>
>>73926661

are you me
>>
>>73926893
this
>>
>>73926790
it's literally just shitty, even more commercialized western pop music but with asian people
>>
Everyone.

Music is shit.
>>
>>73926661
HEY BETER
>>
>>73927171
yea man music is for cucks and nu-males
>>
I sincerely feel like a significant portion of Velvet Underground fans say they like them because contemporary online rock communities say you have to herald them as geniuses/ahead of their time.
>>
>Lush
>Childish Gambino
>The Black Keys
>The Velvet Underground
>The Shins
>>
>>73926790
Music for easily manipulated, image obsessed idiots that feel emotionally distant to western culture.
>>
>>73926992
I mean she's not game changing but her music is good. I love her new song and her vocals on scared to be lonely are 8-9/10. I didn't know she was so overhyped but how do you not get the appeal at all?
>>
>>73926830
normies >>>/out/
>>
>>73926790
Agreed with this mostly

Did like 2NE1 though, they had some great songs
>>
Any nigger music (aka rap and hip hop)
>>
>>73928499
I agree. Only rap I really ever wouldn't mind listening to would be De La Soul, or Phi Life Cypher. That's about it.
>>
>>73927173
fuck off lurker
>>
File: aw yeah this is happening.jpg (16KB, 540x303px) Image search: [Google]
aw yeah this is happening.jpg
16KB, 540x303px
>>73926661
>Tyler, The Creator.
>Captain Beefheart & his Magic Band
>>
>>73926661
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FgQzgUfr_c
This is the only White Stripes song I like.
>>
>Kendrick
>drake
>Kanye
>grimes
>oasis
>Radiohead
>U2
>linkin park
>Pink Floyd
>rush
>>
>>73928536
Not even Beastie Boys anon?
>>
File: 2017-07-09_15-39-50.png (555KB, 600x598px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-09_15-39-50.png
555KB, 600x598px
>>73928536
>>73928499
>Children on my board
>>
>Frank Ocean
>The Velvet Underground
>All of the big 4 of thrash and the big 4 of grunge
>Eminem
>Pop-punk as a genre
>>
>>73926661
>David Bowie
>Neutral Milk Hotel
>Nirvana
>Hip Hop in general, sure there are some songs I like, but at the end of the day it's probably my least favorite type of music
>>
>mumford and sons - each single they put out sounds just like the last one. Same stomping chorus.
>the who - i don't get why everyone calls pete townsend a great guitarist. He's not terrible, but I don't get why everyone calls him one of the best of all time. Music as a whole is good, but I can't get into it.
>King Crimson: the songs are just too long and I don't have the time to really absorb it. Fripps guitar technique is pretty cool though.
>>
>>73927782
So fat autistic weebs? No wonder there's always 2 or 3 fucking kpop generals going at one time
>>
>>73929378
Beefheart to me is honestly just good blues made by a white man. You probably don't really like Trout Mask if you don't understand his appeal, but you might like some of his more poppy/melodic stuff? Something like Safe as Milk or later era Beefheart like Clear Spot or Doc at the Radar Station might be of more interest to you
>>
>>73926992
she has a low/husky enough voice to ALMOST sound like a guy, which helps to the gay appeal.
>>
>>73926661
>The Velvet Underground
>Burial
>Vince Staples
>Carly Rae Jepsen
>>
>Radiohead (Only song that is alright with me is paranoid android)
>K-pop
>Subhuman rap and hip hop garbage
>Weezer
>White Stripes
>Red Hot Chili Peppers
>>
>>73926661
you just don't like them or you actually don't understand the appeal? you might be autistic if the latter
>>
>>73926661
>The strokes

I really enjoy Radiohead (since Ok computer) and Tame impala (lonerism/innerspeaker) music, and the white stripes were my fav band when I was in high school
>>
>>73931764
>the songs are just too long and I don't have the time to really absorb it.

Well at least you admit to being a pleb.
>>
>>73926830
I actually agree with this.
>>
T Rex, what the fuck?
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.