[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/prod/ - Music Production and Engineering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 333
Thread images: 23

File: dungeon.jpg (43KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
dungeon.jpg
43KB, 604x453px
Ded General Edition

Welcome to /prod/, a place to discuss music production, sound design, engineering and all things related. Discussion is encouraged, elitism is mocked.

Upload WIPs on https://clyp.it/ or https://instaud.io/

GIVE and RECEIVE feedback. DO NOT post Soundcloud, YouTube or any links where you are not anonymous. That is considered self promotion and will result in bad feedback!
--------------------------------------------------
>Production Resources
https://pastebin.com/08mwwiAV
>/prod/ Wiki - Guides and Tutorials
http://mu-sic-production.wikia.com/wiki//mu/sic_Production_Wiki
>The Art of Mixing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEjOdqZFvhY
>Intro to Synthesis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atvtBE6t48M&list=RDatvtBE6t48M#t=1764

Previous thread: >>73645818
>>
/NOBULLYEDITION/

:3
>>
>>73674022
*bullies you*
>>
/rock/ //RAW acoustic drum samples

I know i can just dump some distortion and reverb on snare samples but I hate that everything people put in their packs is already processed. I want something to better fit like it was a shitty garage band .... studio drummer in kontakt is way too clean, though some of kontakts distortion makes it sound pretty cool

have any of you found such raw samples digging around?
>>
What would you guys recommend for an amp? I'd prefer tubes but I'm open, any brands to avoid?
>>
>>73674055
toontrack superior drummer
its like ezdrummer but unprocessed samples
>>
>>73674055
EZ Drummer is better for harder rock in my opinion. More trashy sounding

>>73674071
might want to check out the guitar general thread
>>
File: carts.jpg (122KB, 800x404px) Image search: [Google]
carts.jpg
122KB, 800x404px
>make best 303 clone
>put the swappable filter in actual gameboy carts
>>
>>73674126
Ah true, thanks
>>
https://clyp.it/tfw2seap

>>73671422
>>73670866
this sounds pretty decent, i think you were just trolling me
not like a final EQ, for sure, but its a pretty good sounding raw guitar tracks
>>
a bit offtopic so bear with me
I plan on making a music channel as a project, starting off with interviews,festival recordings,and music videos

as /mu/tants, what kind of content would you like to see or appeal to you?

for example, I really dig set designs, so I plan on having features highlighting stage building/production
mind you, this is a personal project and Ill be working on it on my free time, but I want it to be diverse and represent all that is music
>>
>>73673898
Is a push2 worth it
>>
>>73674302
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjEwsooNHoc
>>
>>73674302
>this entire post
kys
>>
>>73674313
it doesnt look appealing to me but alot of people say its great

if you buy it from ableton you can get a refund in 30 days if you dont like it
>>
>>73674274
>pretty good sounding raw guitar tracks
doesn't matter unless it sounds good in the song lol

also you need to move on. you're songs okay but go write a better one
>>
How do I start getting my progressions more exciting? I've been working on getting my mix the way I want, sound design, harmonies etc. Now I need to make interesting progressions with great transitioning between each parts.
>>
>>73674334
no U
I used to run our uni's alt music channel and had my own page with interviews and got to talk to a lot of my favorite bands thanks to this but I want to do more
>>
>>73674498
What kind of shit are you writing right now? Give me examples so I can determine whether or not your issue is really progressions or voicings/melody
>>
>>73674564
you mean genre or what?
>>
>>73674584
No I mean like actual examples of chord groupings so I can tell you if you're full /top40core/ or just having trouble with a good idea
>>
>>73674498
>nteresting progressions with great transitioning between each parts.

cadences. memorize them i guess
idk how producers learn this shit, it comes naturally after playing guitar

>>73674509
>>73674302
> represent all that is music

I've never given a shit about music "journalism" and i think it and people who care about it are pretty cancerous to music as a whole

HOWEVER I end up watching fantanos videos for artists i like becase he articulates in such a way while comparing artists that i end up discovering new music that way

also i remember seeing some videos where they gave a producer like 10 mintutes to make a track... that was kind of cool. anything that focuses no the process of the artist catches my attention every now and then...

basically anything unique and that aids discovery.
>>
>>73674603
I'm not talking about chord progressions. I'm talking about song progression. how a song evolves over time.
>>
>>73674302
If you post memes in any form I will personally dislike every single one of your videos.
>>
>>73674635
Oh okay, I got you

There are really 2 different schools of thought with this and I know people/have experienced varying degrees of success with each one

1. Make a shitload of cool sounding shit and worry about connecting it after you already have a ton of material

2. Have a central harmonic or melodic theme and try to focus on that throughout the entire song with minor divergences if anything

Let me know if you have trouble for example writing a chorus after having a cool idea for a verse or something else
>>
>>73674692
Yeah I've been practicing both. I guess I just gotta keep practicing and learn some cadences like
>>73674615 says.
>>
File: 4a3aafeafd[1].png (111KB, 1522x792px) Image search: [Google]
4a3aafeafd[1].png
111KB, 1522x792px
>>73674732
Here's a track I've finished for an example.
>>
>>73674732
Besides cadences, my biggest piece of advice if you really want to start getting colorful is start experimenting with relative minor and major

Completely serious, just throw out ideas of diatonic theory you've learned and don't be afraid to change the idea of a chord just for shits and giggles

Creep in Radiohead, for example, has a basis in G major but utilizes a B major instead of B minor, implying phrygian dominant over an E minor and then using a typical 60s boyband 4th to minor 4th chord

Literally just start fucking around and if it sounds cool stick with it, if you have more specific ideas or want directions to go then post them here
>>
>>73674794
by* not in jesus christ
>>
So how am i supposed to actually create music? Like, I have everything I need, but i'd end up making a good beat with no way to compliment it or just stumble around on the keyboard trying to figure out how to compose something nice sounding with a trumpet.
>>
>>73674782
okay............?
>>
I come from Logic and am looking for a DAW for my PC. Any recs?
Also, is ProTools worth a torrent? How the fuck is a DAW $2600?
>>
>>73674794
>just throw out ideas of diatonic theory

uhh if he has trouble / doesn't intuitively understand it already that's not going to help him

>>73674823
practice... learn theory... listen to and recreate songs

accept a life of grief
>>
>>73674846
Pirate Ableton Live 9 Suite, a steeper learning curve than FL but worth it if you record live instruments at all
>>
>>73674865
>uhh if he has trouble / doesn't intuitively understand it already that's not going to help him

From my understanding he seemed to have the most basic idea of theory and resolutions, in that case it's very easy to get stuck in a box of rules and not understand when to break conventional diatonic theory

But yes he should probably read up if he has trouble writing anything
>>
>>73674794
Thanks for the advice, but I'm quite familiar with chromaticism :) Good advice for other people on here!

>>73674828
My point is, my progressions end up becomming quite basic a lot of the time. Like I'm stuck with the variarities of the same loop for whole track.
>>
>>73674867
I d-don't come from FL...
Seriously though, thanks!
>>
Does /prod/ have a discord?
>>
>>73674904
It's not quite chromaticism as I wanted to explain it, that's far more centered around atonality, playing around with the texture of chords normally within a key is more just changing coloring than hopping around a tonal center
>>
>>73674921
yeah but it's filled with narcissistic cucks
>>
>>73674846
cubase but you have to pay for the good version
>>
>>73674945
yeah I get your point. I won't worry much about it at all though.
>>
hey boys i put together a couple loops today and yesterday and i need a 3rd person perspective on the mixing since i put them together on headphones.please let me know any levels or EQs that need to be messed with on either of these

https://clyp.it/ksospjle

https://clyp.it/soqvlrnf
>>
>>73674895
eh, you get cooler / more complicated sounds using borrowed notes but i would think you need a good grasp of building and releasing tension using standard chords already

>>73674904
>atonality >>73674945

the way I tend to build is by focussing on the leading tones and thinking of the root and rest of the notes as harmony. it becomes pretty simple after that

i'm sorry i can't explain better lol
>>
>>73674846
What is crucial for you? What kind of stuff does your music rely the most on? Modulation? Hardware recording? Automation? The best daw is totally subjective to what you do and who you are.
>>
>>73675033
I record instruments/vocals and program midi (sometimes performance using a midi controller). I don't really do automation and don't do live peformance with the DAW.
I have no complaints with Logic but I have only a tiny frame of reference.
>>
>>73675057
Definitely get Ableton then
>>
>>73675057
I'd say check out ableton and cubase. And if that dosen't suit you, check out bitwig for a greater workflow, but beware there's no comping or time signature automation.
>>
>>73675078
Thanks
>>
>>73675118
>>73674956
Thanks famalams.

Also, could you guys explain the Pro Tools meme to me and why it's so expensive?
>>
>>73675121
Ableton has one of the worst midi editors. Can't do things like layered midi editing which is standard im modern daws.
>>
>>73675141
Because there's idiot producers that would pay for it, that's literally it
>>
>>73675141
the expensive version of protools is more for post production audio like nuendo
>>
>>73675057

Honestly, whatever DAW you use and become most comfortable with is the best one for you. Each producer you ask will give you a different spiel about why the DAW they use is better than other DAWs but I've seen dudes do mind blowing things with a tape deck and a handful of drum machines so, honestly, it just boils down to preference. Try a few out for a bit and whichever one feels the most convenient and conducive to your workflow, stick with it.

My DAW of choice is Ableton but that is just me. Pretty much any DAW will yield the results you want if you take time to learn it inside and out.
>>
>>73675241
This, until you figure out your daw is incapable of doing the stuff you want it to. You don't want to make anything as long as it's considered great. You want to make something that appeals to you.
>>
>>73674274
i'm not trolling you, dumbass. i was seriously trying to help you with useful advice, but then you went and ignored it by being the stupid fuck you are, and completely did the opposite. do you not understand the simple concept of how mixes work? just because something sounds okay OUTSIDE of a mix doesn't mean it will sit well INSIDE one. it's so fucking simple, i can't believe you don't get it.
>>
>>73675158
>t. uninformed

>>73675241
seconding. though I say if you make experimental / idm type of stuff you'd be dumb not to use ableton

>>73675145
I was unaware of this as an ableton user... sounds somewhat convenient though I don't understand how that's a dealbreaker for anybody lol

>>73675057
just stick to what you know honestly. if you've already learned it there's no point to going through all that again
>>
>>73675141
Isn't Pro Tools actually the standard professional DAW?
>>
>>73675141
forgot to reply to you -__________-

comping tools, so it makes sense if you're tracking live acts/instruments

being the industry standard means it's easy to transfer sessions and you're expected to know it if you want to get work

... ya
>>
>>73675738
if you have max for live there are paid device that let you edit multiple midi clips at once

ableton also bought cycling 74 recently and hopefully they integrate some of that shit on later versions
>>
>>73675738
It's not a dealbreaker. It's just a very convenient feature to have.
>>
>>73674419
aw yeah thats what i'm trying and struggling to do. mostly eqing.

gotta finish this song before i start another

>>73675358
>i was seriously trying to help you with useful advice
oh i'm sorry i failed to see that, really sorry

>and completely did the opposite
lol did i?

>just because something sounds okay OUTSIDE of a mix doesn't mean it will sit well INSIDE one
of fucking course. you have to eq it to fit within the mix.
a good unprocessed guitar tone is a good unprocessed guitar tone, and its a must to have one so you can get it to sound good inside ova mix. and these were pretty decent takes, fairly balanced frequencies etc. as opposed to what you kept repeating that it was just trebly noise.
>>
this is how you get tracks to level 0 on reaper

you select all tracks (ctrl a) and double click the volume slider on the loudest one
>>
how to use limiters without distorting
>>
>>73676450
(As in this song is not worth all that effort)

No offense but this song isn't good enough to beniffit from further polishing
>>
>>73676450
i never once said it was "trebly noise", you dense motherfucker. i told you the tones were too dark and the guitars needed to be re-tracked, but you kept insisting that all you needed to do was cut and boost frequencies to get it to sound good. your thinking is so ass backwards, i can't even tell if you're trolling at this point. you're not even using enough gain when you track. ironically enough, most people track with too much gain, so good on you for the restraint there. and you tracked five rhythm guitars? what kind of retarded high-pass and low-pass did you use to get the guitars to sound so lifeless? here's some free advice: if you have to make drastic eq cuts and boosts to your guitars to get them to sound decent, you've recorded a shitty tone. you should not have to do much at all in post. take some screenshots of your eq settings, dude. i need a good laugh to start my weekend off right.
>>
>>73676535
dont drive them too hard. use peak catching compressor
>>
File: Screenshot_5.jpg (378KB, 1914x780px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_5.jpg
378KB, 1914x780px
>>73676885
yes you said once that it was to trebly/harsh.
now fuck off, big dicksucker
>>
already posted this, put a little more on it.are my drums and bass sitting right in the mix? only have headphones right now and could use a second opinion

https://clyp.it/qdyb5iqf
>>
>>73677113
yeah, no. show me where i said it, dumbass. i'm not going to help you anymore because of how fucking dumb you are. have fun with your useless youtube tutorials that you can barely follow.
>>
>>73677180
where you said you want me to show? at my ass hole?
>retarded youtube tutorials
nice projection
>>
>>73677198
exactly, you know you can't back up your claim. i also post in the /gg/ thread, by the way. you know, where you told me you're still learning about how to mix? who's your favorite youtuber, sam?
>>
>>73676555
dunno, maybe the song isnt a really good one, but id like to get it sounding good cause i like mixing and producing good tones

>>73677264
>where you told me you're still learning about how to mix
youre fuckin trying to bully me for having answered your question on /gg/? this has gone too far
>who's your favorite youtuber, sam?
have to pick one? dunno. maybe phil x
>>
>>73677264
>who's your favorite youtuber
kingcobrajfs
>>
>>73677180
>yeah, no. show me where i said it, dumbass
>exactly, you know you can't back up your claim
are you on your sanity
thats the eq for the guitars. you can shove it in your asshole you entitled fucking sissy
>>
Should I get a good understanding of theory before I try to write anything serious? Whenever I try to make songs, they just sound uninspired and cheesy.
>>
>>73677366
they will still sound just as cheesy if you start using dominant 7th chords, fourth/fifth chords etc
>>
>>73677366
Yeah, then you should figure out what makes a song cheesy and uninspired, and counteract that.
>>
>>73677314
yeah, i'm "cyber-bullying" you. i wanted to help you out at first, but your mental handicap makes it extremely difficult to do so.
>>73677353
i don't even know where to begin here. what the fuck are you talking about? you made a claim that i told you the guitar tones in your terrible song were too "trebly". i asked you to back up this claim and you still have yet to do this. again, your mental handicap makes it difficult to communicate with you.
>>
>>73677366
keep writing even if it sucks and apply theory as you understand it more
>>
>>73677402
Well, when I say cheesy I'm referring to the lyrics. When it comes to the actual music, I find myself playing similar riffs every time I pick up the guitar. I'm probably bullshitting myself but I feel like it's a lot easier for me to think of drum and bass parts to a song than it is to think of a guitar part.
>>
>>73677406
>you made a claim that i told you the guitar tones in your terrible song were too "trebly". i asked you to back up this claim
no, this is what you asked
>take some screenshots of your eq settings, dude
then i posted them and you got mad cause i posted the screenshots of my eq settings instead of your post saying my tone is trebly

>your mental handicap makes it difficult to communicate with you
this better said by me
>>
>>73677477
i didn't think it was possible for anyone to be this retarded. are you so brain dead that you can't scroll up to re-read the conversation and figure out how utterly wrong you are? never in my life have i come across someone so profoundly stupid. no wonder everyone in /gg/ hates you. i'm not going to respond to any more of your retarded posts for the sake of my own sanity.

consider suicide.
>>
File: Sem título.jpg (171KB, 1398x514px) Image search: [Google]
Sem título.jpg
171KB, 1398x514px
>>73677557
>are you so brain dead that you can't scroll up to re-read the conversation
FUCKIN HAVE IT

this is some advanced form of trolling and i'm falling for it

now i'm going to sleep cause i'm two hours late already, goodnight
>>
File: 1498882834122.png (25KB, 912x517px) Image search: [Google]
1498882834122.png
25KB, 912x517px
>>73677557
>>73677645
youre both fags
>>
>>73677314
Like the arrangement and song can't be made better than it is by tones and mixing is what I mean.....
>>
>>73677655
>>73677674
this sam character is trolling, right?
>>
>>73677674
ah
yes it's true
>>
>>73677402
Thats... not true lol

>>73677645
Dude wtf... chill out it's not worth the time to argue
>>
File: 1492222316524.jpg (68KB, 500x654px) Image search: [Google]
1492222316524.jpg
68KB, 500x654px
>>73677688
no i am a different fag than him
>>
>limiters

what happens if i set a long release on a limiter? like 200ms
will it have a volume fall after every kickdrum?
>>
>>73677727
maybe he just doesn't understand the difference between processed and unprocessed tones.
>>
>>73677766
Oh leave him alone, it was mildly amusing at first but why would you want to make somebody feel bad about their music...

>>73677745
Raise
>>
my track
https://clyp.it/vc40vqo4

reference
https://clyp.it/au2hjt1s

reference has much less muddy mids/low mids and a much flatter spectrum.

whats the "correct" way to get that? just take down these freqs with a regular eq?

and to make it that loud and consistent in volume?
>>
File: picachooo.jpg (7KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
picachooo.jpg
7KB, 250x250px
hey guys i was wondering what yall think about this
https://clyp.it/5z2g25pd
any feedback is nice
>>
>>73677810
hes really not making me feel bad hes a retard i'm laughin

the music gets noticeably quieter as i slide it to a longer release but i dont know what its really doing
>>
>>73677727
Can you piss off Roman
>>
>>73677810
i'm honestly just confused by his behavior, but i suppose you're right.
>>
>>73677836
like you sat around thinking "what would /prod/ bros think of my thing?"
>>
help me out!

how do you get this sound
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8vsnOGzHY4

the lead that comes in around 12:22
im a good boi
>>
>>73677841
because it keeps the signal compressed

I was thinking of one peak followed by endess descent... the signal would be re compressed after every kick ....

>>73677848
same..... meh
>>
>>73677857
>Welcome to /prod/, a place to discuss music production, sound design, engineering and all things related
>discuss music production
>produce
>discuss
what else did you expect dumbass?
>>
>>73677920
dont mind, i'm retarded
>>
>>73677929
clearly
>>
>>73677876
>how do you get this sound
rip some bullshit flute and throw it on a sampler
>>
>>73677907
so
you set threshold to -3 and it automatically gains it back to 3.
so what was -3 is now 0db, and everything that is above 3db was compressed

where does the release act on there?
>>
>>73677876
sounds like they put a flute at different pitches and then added a beat to it
nigga just listen carefully to the sounds
this shit wasnt even that fast or complex
>>
>>73677998
>>73678031
kinda tried a flute already

it has this tone to it tho
I dont think its a flute desu
>>
>>73677841
>the music gets noticeably quieter as i slide it to a longer release but i dont know what its really doing

A longer release time means that the limiter maintains its gain reduction for a longer time after the signal has dropped below the threshold that first triggered the limiter, so instead of just taming the short spikes in level that you usually want to reduce you're also reducing the level of parts of the quieter audio.
>>
File: 1495083399522.png (2KB, 365x375px) Image search: [Google]
1495083399522.png
2KB, 365x375px
>>73678328
ah i understand. thank you so much
>>
I'm trying to be a producer. What do you think?
https://clyp.it/fb0yhl1i
>>
>>73678500
sounds like your experimenting, but its not bad
>>
>>73678011
no...........................

go watch a youtube video on compression or something

>>73678500
this is pretty good if you're just starting man
>>
>Heading out of town for a week
>Trying to write and record but won't be able to bring any of my gear with me
>Only my laptop and acoustic guitar
Should I just use Logic and do everything with virtual instruments and fill it in when I get back?
How can I try and be productive and come up with stuff while I'm away?
>>
>>73678980
When I'm out and don't have a lot of time or space to really get going I just work on drum kits and synth patches resampling etc

Basically anything that can help later.
>>
>takes you 6 times to get 1st question right

http://www.audiocheck.net/engineertraining_music_peaks.php
>>
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1jlqJ8NYt2u
>>
Which Audio Interface would you recommend for recording electric guitar?
I will be using it with FL studio and Guitar Rig 5 to (hopefully) make some shugazi.
So far I've been narrowing it down to: Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, Steinberg UR22, Roland UA-22 or Behringer U-Phoria UMC204HD
>>
>>73675758
For recording and mixing/producing, yes it is
Live, no.
>>
Know how if you repeat a word a few dozen of times, it starts sounding really weird to you and you can't tell anymore if you're pronuncing it correctly?

Anybody have that same issue when working on music?

Like, I'm tweaking a loop such as https://clyp.it/pzto4pfa and after having heard it on repeat for a few times I genuinely cannot tell anymore if what I'm doing is good or utter shit
>>
>>73681684
Sounds like the kind of music you hear in a Nintendogs shop or some shit.
>>
File: AudioBox_USB-02.png (55KB, 571x245px) Image search: [Google]
AudioBox_USB-02.png
55KB, 571x245px
>>73673898
Hey this might sound like a retarded question but here goes:

Basically i have an external audio interface, and it has phantom power. I plug it into my computer and guitar and it works, but im too scared to plug it into my pedal board because i think i might accidentally hit the phantom power and putting the 50ish volts through it. Will it damage the pedals?

pic related, is the audio interface i have
>>
>>73681734
it won't do anything, stop worrying
>>
what's a basic usb audio interface for a dirt cheap fuck like me? Using microphone and guitar, and dumb question but do synthesizers and samplers plug in as normal instruments with the 1/4 inch jack?
>>
>>73681945
>do synthesizers and samplers plug in as normal instruments with the 1/4 inch jack?
yes
>>
>>73681945
see>>73681734
audioboxes are prety good, they have XLR and 1/4" jacks
>>
>>73681684
That's common. You have to take breaks a lot every 30 mins for a while. Your ears adapt to a sound and you lose objectivity. Your ears start lying its creepy
>>
>>73682010
>>73681734
On the subject of boxes, im looking at getting a 2 input one. What would be a good starting one to get?
>>
I added some vocals to this song, thoughts?

https://clyp.it/tk4rutvk
>>
>>73682049
seems a bit quiet at parts doesnt it? or is that the sound you are going for
>>
https://clyp.it/v3cftklc

Posted this a few threads ago but didn't get much feedback. I polished the track a bit and extended it.
>>
>>73682135
The snare is a little quiet for my liking.
Also the sound that comes in around 0:40 (piano?) seems a bit too loud and is muddying the mid - low area i think.
>>
>>73682074
https://clyp.it/lttwex3d
try this.
I increased the volume a bit and put a compressor on it
>>
>>73682189
nice, you can hear the singer much better and it gives it a full sound
>>
>>73682207
Sweet, cheers for the ear.
>>
what equipment should i buy to make good hip hop
>>
>>73682236
Micro scales to weigh your smack NIGGA
>>
>>73682236
>https://clyp.it/tk4rutvk
a brain
>>
>>73682273
oops, i accidentally had that clyp link on the quick reply window, ignore that
>>
>>73674039
fuck of you lonely loser
>>
Anybody know a good FM synthesizer?
I've tried FM8 for a time, but it apparently uses phase modulation and not true FM, so I'm looking for the real deal so to speak.
>>
>>73682273
shitposter
>>
How do you deal with the fact that you'll never be as good as somebody who's doing this is a full-time job
>>
>>73682969
The same way I deal with knowing that I'll never fuck a hot girl or be rich.
I drink every day.
>>
>>73682271
COOKING THE DOPE WITH THE UZI
>>
>>73683127
MY NIGGAS AH SAVIH
RUTHLESS
>>
>>73683920
WE GOT TIRDAYS AN HUNNID ROUNS TOO
>>
How to mitigate ground loop/hum in studio monitors from a USB audio interface?
>>
File: blush.png (101KB, 497x404px) Image search: [Google]
blush.png
101KB, 497x404px
Would any anon have a good preset mix pack for fl studio? Mix for drums, 808, kicks, snare and others.

I found the Vybe beatz mixer presets, but not so good.

Help me, please.
>>
>>73684052
pre-amp
>>
>>73682509
>I've tried FM8 for a time, but it apparently uses phase modulation and not true FM, so I'm looking for the real deal so to speak.
Virtually every FM synth uses phase modulation. It's just a matter of terminology. Phase modulation in general is more useful.
>>
>>73684073
just use spire for everything
>>
>>73681684
This is an abstract critique maybe, but the mood this makes me feel is when you're about to be honest to someone.
>>
File: 1492176660878.png (564KB, 709x618px) Image search: [Google]
1492176660878.png
564KB, 709x618px
>>73682049
>https://clyp.it/tk4rutvk
your voice is super pretty, i want it closer to my ears..
>>
>>73684632
and in mono pls
>>
been making sample based beats similar to Bighead/lil peep recently and i'm realizing that you can learn a lot quick through messing with samples

i make other stuff which is more abstract and sound design based. its really helpful just making songs and structuring everything together and learning how to build tension without having to worry about textures/melodies. i've also learned a bit about different keys/scales through using samples.

i recommend this if you are having a hard time making songs. even if the end product isn't great, you are still gaining experience that will go towards something good in the future
>>
>>73682969
>>73682987
that thought process will ruin you. if you believe that, you will never succeed. thats not how things work. you can actually do anything. maybe it will take a few months or a few years, but you have to believe in yourself before anyone else believes in you. fuck with ur own vision
>>
>>73685027
Id rather make my own synths and build strutcture with that. Consistency is key and it makes you think more quickly when it comes to effects. I sincerely hope you all learn to let go of finding the perfect sound RIGHT NOW, you will know what to add when you are listening to a WHOLE track you have made.
>>
>>73674055
maybe think more how you want them to sound. you want it to sound like a shitty garage band? okay well, what does that sound like? i would add some high/low filters since most garages and basements have shitty acoustics. also id add some super short reverb since most garage recordings have like cement walls or bass corners that just make certain resonances shoot up or accentuate standing waves
>>
>>73685115
i agree with what you are saying
>>
good free reverb vst? i keep on using the ones in my synths, but its super limiting
>>
>>73685256
>good free reverb vst?
literally just look that up on google. we're at a point where most free vst effects are perfectly usable.
>>
>>73685256
karmafx
>>
>>73685078
>just believe in urself bro
>>
I'ma finna spend $6k on top tier conversion, like mastering grade

>need at least 8 ins / 8 outs
>prefer networked audio over ethernet
>I have a MADI card already and MADI interface if needed

Tossup between Burl Mothership or Merging Technologies Hapi

>Does "tape sounding" input matter? Burl has iron transformers on each in
>Does having super clean preamps matter? Merging cards have mic preamps for each in

I only record lyrics 5% of my time, if that. Mostly recording synths, drum machines, modular fuckery, and field samples from my backyard cuz real life is shit
>>
>>73684052
you need to connect your speakers' and the interface's power to the same ground
>>
>>73685256
http://www.kvraudio.com/plugins/vst-plugins/effects/free/reverb/newest
>>
>>73685476
>top tier conversion
overstated importance. like ridiculously

>Does having super clean preamps matter
>tape sounding

dude please tell me this post is a joke and you're not spending all that without knowing what you need or why you're buying it lol

>>73685353
>usable

not ... you know the best though

>>73685256
whatever's in your daw... ambience is pretty decent

. >>73685123
good advice

>>73685027
>without having to worry about textures/melodies

so uh.... rhythm or what. learn to use dissonance to build and release tension man
>>
>>73685476
just get a 2i2 bro i have one crystal clean pres (idk what those are but everybody says they have them) no problems with mine xD
>>
>>73685641
What do when my interface is powered via USB?
>>
>>73685965
sorry dude brah, no sense in earning $ if I don't spend it.

I've heard the following converters in my lifetime, and I can tell you there is an audible difference in the studio between Antelope Audio, Apogee symphony, Avid (trash), Burl, Mytek, RME, Presonus (kek), SPL, Lynx, etc.

If you ain't heard even 3 of those in person on a decent system, I can understand why you think your ASIO windows rig is just fine. :)

Anyways, I just saw the Hapi can't go beyond 2 x 8ch cards, and I'm used to split drum outs to a minimum of 6 of my ins. Burl it is.
>>
>>73684052
... okay first thing

Are you using balanced cables?
If not, problem solved
>>
File: usb.jpg (2KB, 121x121px) Image search: [Google]
usb.jpg
2KB, 121x121px
>>73686086
I bought one of these, but it didn't work
>>
>>73686180
Yes. I also just got a hum x, but I'm not sure where to use it
>>
>>73686164
I'm not saying they don't matter

I'm saying all things being equal, same monitoring source room etc, that in the end you're dumping money on the last 1% of your sound.

This has been discussed to death on gearslutz and I don't care to discuss it further. I just thought based off your post and your questions you really didn't know what you need or want
>>
>>73686260
I built my room yo

I know where the priorities lie, believe me. The least 5 years of my life has been tweaking the same room, building panels, building walls, and repositioning/measuring monitors. My body is ready for that last 2% (I argue conversion is 2%)
>>
>>73686333
Pics
>>
>>73674992
Solid work, I'd lower the sub bass a little in the first one. Also wanting more hi hat in the mix. Second one sounds good, maybe thin out that kick drum sound a bit but that's more a stylistic choice
>>
http://www.vst4free.com/free_vst.php?plugin=Arminator&id=2816

Been real impressed with this, a low CPU Yamaha CS80 emulation. Real vintage sounding.

Check the tuning though, lots of presets aren't set to middle C for inconceivable reasons.
>>
https://clyp.it/13ivxzje

Pls tell me what you think
>>
https://clyp.it/kv3gifag

Do you think this is any good?
Nevermind the lyrics, they were pretty much random
>>
>>73687013
>Do you think this is any good?
>Nevermind the lyrics, they were pretty much random

Why would I listen to it? You yourself know its bad
>>
>>73687013
has potential. middle part sounded dumb though.
the shitty recording/sounds and lack of a rest of song hold yuh back

>>73687194
>Why would I listen to it? You yourself know its bad

this is how i feel about 90% of prod lol
>>
what exactly is "engineering", and if someone says they want to engineer my music, how exactly does that work? I mostly make power electronic stuff, never released anything but someone took interest and wants to engineer for me. I use Ableton, they use Logic (I believe), how does this work exactly? stupid q I know.
>>
>>73687013
The instrumental part sounds good, but my god, those vocals fucking suck. The first vocal isn't bad music wise but I'm not feeling the singing style. It doesn't work. It sounds dumb. It would be good if it were sung normally, in my opinion. The random talking doesn't fit. The "oooo woohoos" sound like shit. They're too close and they're annoying.

At least the instrumental part sounds fine.
>>
>>73686793
>https://clyp.it/13ivxzje
anon, I don't know why, but I really like this. The ending with the drums sounds like pure shit tho.

You should master this and put it on Bandcamp and makes some bucks from the avant garde crowd.
>>
When you guys make a track, do you go for a mood, or do you go fora story?

I always just go for a mood.
>>
>>73688258
I usually go for a feeling. The process is backwards, though. It's hard to make decent music on purpose, but when I'm emotional it comes in itself.
>>
how to make these high pitched toms
is it proper to just pitch up regular toms?
https://youtu.be/MnDwZQEvjQc?t=45
>>
>>73689078
leave a time stamp you dingus

if it's what I think you're talking about they're not even toms
>>
>>73677836
Pretty comfy, I like. I think a Melody over top would be cool, you could extend it that way if that's what you want.
>>
>>73681734
It's not gonna do anything, only fucks up dynamic and ribbon microphones.
>>
File: 987full-kim-wilde.jpg (608KB, 987x1024px) Image search: [Google]
987full-kim-wilde.jpg
608KB, 987x1024px
question

is it frowned upon to mostly use synth sound presets instead of crafting your own?
>>
>>73689768
I frown upon it kind of but in general no

there's nothing wrong with using presets and <1% of the population will notice or care. in the end it's about making a good song

if you RELY on them and and end up making shitty music that adds to the ocean of piss that's on soundcloud then yeah, it's a problem

making sounds is at least half the fun for me so just do you and don't worry about it man
>>
>>73689321
i put it in the url but forgot to make it clearer. my bad, i stand dumb

theres some at 0:45

yes theyre toms, or at least stay at the tom place at the drummers kit, see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rRI9wMnVWE
>>
>>73689999
nice get

hmm i can't help you but i dig the song

any latin catchy tunes you'd recommend? i'm not really into this stuff
>>
is there any way to isolate the wet signal on the bitcrusher in Logic X?
>>
https://discord.gg/6GtN3K
>>
>>73690034
ah ok then
for sure
i recently found this dominican genre which is pretty fun it's called bachata
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqQovlWHMq5nOkuElzQK5UzXb8dl37uKE

also theres brazillian "forró". of this genre i like "wesley safadão".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=089IBvwf_pM another big ones are "calcinha preta", and "aviões do forró".

samba/pagode like "raça negra" and "thiaguinho"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lhouyt1c6ds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2eQDzVpTzw
>>
>>73686762
https://clyp.it/jp5rfizt The sound reminds me of old zombie movies.
>>
Anyone here have any experience making cassette tape loops? Just made my first one today and never realized what a pain in the ass it is. I had to scrap 4 pieces of tape I cut before I made a loop that was the right length to actually work
>>
>>73690325
I'm not sure if I understand you 100%, but if you set mix to 100% you should get only wet signal. If you have mix at 50% you'll get 50% dry 50% wet etc.
>>
>>73690405
thats how they did overdubs and cuts in the past
>>
>>73690405
Shop at thrift stores until you find answering machine outgoing message tapes. Just don't play the wrong side or you'll ruin it.

>>73690527
no, not with cassettes you dummy. 1/4" or 2" tape or whatever is much easier to splice. the tape material is much more robust and the higher tape speed means that it's easier to splice it at the correct place
>>
>>73690361
thanks man
>>
>>73684632
>>73684662
Thanks, that warms my heart.
Here's it in mono
https://clyp.it/ayopcr40
>>
https://clyp.it/rze3u05l

I reworked the vocals. Does this sound any good?
>>
>>73691124
Yeah i dig it!
>>
>what a great take!
>take off headphones
>monitors were playing while tracking

every fucking time
>>
>>73673898
my production experience is shit, basically I play and record jazz i've been doing it off a phone for now, pls put me in the right direction what do I need.
>>
>>73689768
No. Does a guitarist go out and invent a new guitar every time he wants to write a song? Presets were hand crafted by professionals and are almost guaranteed to sound better than anything you could make from scratch in the moment that inspiration hits. Any stigma about using them is you thinking: "what would other producers think" rather than what you should be thinking: "what sounds best right now"
>>
How hard is it for you to get your ideas from your head to your DAW to a fully fledged out song?
I have these lyrics that I love but the samples I use and the chord progressions are all uninteresting to me.
>>
>>73691320
Download a cracked version of Ableton and buy an audio interface (Scarlett 2i2 or 4i2) if you're using external instruments. Read the ableton manual and learn to use it.
Your question is pretty vague.
>>
>>73691362
>ableshit
>>
>>73691339
pretty hard desu
>>
>>73691362
I know my question is vague, but thats partially because im not sure what to ask. im totally in the dark I just want to start moving on the right track towards making more professional sounding tracks. thank you though.
>>
>>73691339
Thats my secret
I never have an idea in my head and just let the emotion in the moment be the drive
>>
>>73691246
Btw, is my accent noticeable, or distracting?
>>
>>73691329
>invent a new guitar

lol they craft their tone u nub

>>73691362
>2i2
>ableton
>jazz

fucking memelord it's like you're trying to make people mad D:

>>73691400
>>73691320
best bet is likely protools.... or really any of the big name daws. that's just the standard for live stuff

ableton and fl are fine but they're more for electronic/midi based stuff

as for interface and mic it just depends on the quality you're shooting for
>>
>>73686260
>discussed on gearslutz
stopped reading.
>>
>>73691474
>lol they craft their tone u nub
There are like 6 actual guitar tones you faggiot
>>
>>73691567
>>73691592

i ignore anybody that seems more knowledgable than myself 2 :^)
>>
>>73691468
Its only noticeable when you say fire and even then its fine dude
>>
>>73691329
Is this some kind of retarded copypasta?

>Presets were hand crafted by professionals and are almost guaranteed to sound better than anything you could make from scratch in the moment that inspiration hits.
Have you heard presets?
>>
>>73692659
Its not a copypasta because in the moment, if you stop to fuck around making it sound nice, it's possible to loose the creative moment instead of getting your ideas out and changing them later.
I guess its upto preference though.
>>
>>73689078

They sound a little like Roto Toms - Phil Collins used them a lot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3_GPedcjpI
>>
>>73692817
You can edit presets or program your own sound banks in advance (probably the best option). Or use a basic sound as a generic stand-in when composing and make it sound nice later. Sound design is not some dark art that requires elite skills. It's not difficult to make a sound that's fits your music better than a preset.
>>
>>73692659
>Have you heard presets
yeah...a lot of them sound great, crafting good sounds isn't some magical unique ability that only few possess and most quality vst makers don't create a product and just preload it with garbage.
>>
>>73692817
that's why you make your own presets though........?????????????

>>73692936
>Or use a basic sound as a generic stand-in when composing and make it sound nice later

yes

>>73693006
a lot of them sound pretty good, maybe not the best fit for a song though.

plenty sound like trash tho.

desu i haven't used a preset since i started a few years ago and the thought literally never crossed my mind. I never knew it was common to use them until i started participating a bit more in /prod/ etc
>>
>>73693006
They don't preload it with garbage; they give it to some sound designer guy who isn't really that familiar with it and he craps out a preset bank as quickly as he can.

The thing is, once you learn to program something it's obvious that the presets are far from the best sounds it can make.
>>
>>73693109
>desu i haven't used a preset since i started a few years ago and the thought literally never crossed my mind. I never knew it was common to use them until i started participating a bit more in /prod/ etc

I think a lot of people are just intimidated by the idea of it and are committed to never putting forward any serious effort. But even the "notoriously difficult" stuff like the DX7 or whatever really isn't that hard.
>>
Where can I get an MPC cheap?
>>
>>73689768
you are not allowed to make music with presets.
it's against the rules
>>
>>73693568
find one used but they still are going to cost a bit
>>
>>73691567
daddy kev shouted out gearslutz a couple of days ago when he was doing some of his engineering/mastering tweets

he easily knows more than anyone on /prod/
>>
>>73693568
I got an MPC 1000 for $400 on ebay a few months ago. They're overpriced on craigslist and most ebay buy it now sales.
>>
>>73693568
you can't, hardware samplers are nonsensically expensivr
>>
>>73693299
>committed to never putting forward any serious effort

eh, a lot of "musicians" in general are people that will pick it up and drop it eventually. idk really

dx7 is more of an interface problem from what i undertand

fm8 was daunting to me at first but it's actually pretty easy as soon as you find out about ratios
>>
>>73693881
>dx7 is more of an interface problem from what i undertand
The interface is actually pretty quick and easy.

>>73693823
Actually most of them are nonsensically cheap now.
>>
>>73693881
It's not the interface, it's FM synthesis in general.
>>
>>73693944
no they're not, octatrack and akai's new mpc's that got announced are still over $1000. i think the last sub-$1000 hardware sampler that got announced is still korg's electribe 2s
>>
>>73693967
I think the only counterintuitive part is the way chains of more than 2 operators interact, or how different waveforms will sound. That never really becomes intuitive. Everything else is pretty easy.
>>
Do the default instruments and sounds in Albeton live suck, or am i just not using them correctly?
>>
>>73694000
If you want cheap gear I don't know why you're thinking of current products only.

Samplers aren't big sellers now. There's not going to be a lot to choose from.

But most of the old ones are cheap as hell.
>>
>>73694073
i dunno, in my experience most of the old ones that aren't laughably low-spec dinosaurs keep their resale value pretty well. it's not really a buyer's market
>>
>>73694071
the presets are chessy and sound half assed imo but the instruments themselves are pretty good i do not like to use analog though i prefer a seperate synth to use
>>
>>73694071
They don't suck at all. The drum racks sound great, Operator is an absolutely great synth that will pay off if you learn to use it, the same with Analog. Simpler is wonderful.
There are plenty of professional producers that use Ableton's built in audio effects and nothing else.
>>
>>73694114
Only if you want the classic ones. The S950, MPC60, SP1200 are worth something but there are far more out there than that. Most of the high end 90s models aren't worth shit. Dinosaurs are mostly totally usable as long as you get a flash floppy drive replacement and maybe fix the LCD.
>>
Okay, so I just started composing music like, two days ago. All my songs suck shit, so sorry for asking THAT question but how long is it going to take to become "sub-par", am I going to get better through trial and error? How am I going to learn to make certain sounds, emulate sounds from various songs I like or just get better?
>>
>>73694144
>The drum racks sound great
they're okayish and toy sounding by default...

>operator
>analog
if you haven't used another synth before they sound oka lol

>simpler
>(sampler)

very good
their effects are very usable

>>73694071
if you're asking that question yes you probably suck as of now

get some soft synths m8
>>
>>73694232
Fuck around, try stuff you haven't tried before, try to make something better or more ambitious than what you made last time. You might get sub-par in 6 months or a year and potentially decent in 2-5 years. I don't think it's necessary to try to emulate anyone. Just don't worry about sucking. Feeling self conscious about it is a waste of time.
>>
>>73694415
Thank you! Are music production classes good too btw? Or do they tend to be poopy?
>>
>>73694978
I don't know anything about music production classes. I figured everything out myself.
>>
>>73694978
Don't pay for anything right now. There is an incredible amount of information on YouTube for any music production gear or software. Learn whatever tools you're using inside and out. It will all take time and if you're serious about it expect to suck for months to years. Also, the sooner you stop comparing yourself to songs or musicians you consider to be good the better. If you don't know any, learn some very basic music theory and find out why things sound good together or not.
>>
>>73677836
you nailed every stereotype of beginner lofi hiphop producer. If you are going to use overused drums atleast find a way to process them into sounding different
>>
>>73694014
It can become intuitive. I imagine it as stretching the timbre up and down.
>>
File: 61718440.jpg (5KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
61718440.jpg
5KB, 184x184px
Can I get some feedback on this? How can I make it better? I know it definitely needs to be mixed better but I don't know how to mix that well.

https://clyp.it/xvjkfoej
>>
>>73695728
different drums probably, and unquanitzed off grid drums would make it interesting and less robotic. Maybe compress the master to get it more full
>>
>>73673898

How does DJ screw isolate sounds?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAd0btarXo0

Listen to the xylophone and the melody which happens to come from this song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ux3u31SAeEM

and the rapping which is from here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAB9D384MNc

It seems like he either removed the instruments from UGK or separated the instruments on "Moments in love." What kind of techniques did he use to do this?
>>
Is there a way to get shitwig not to take full control over my OS's audio so I can plagiarize from youtube as I sequence midis?
>>
>>73696075
assuming it's using asio4all you can use virtual audio cable and set asio4all to output to one of the virtual audio cables and set windows to repeat the virtual audio cable through your speakers
>>
>>73695728

1.The hihats feel too loud in the mix

2. The intro feels really weird and out of place, I'd say change it, or get rid of it.

Besides that, I fuck with it. I really like the vocal sample and the melody and drums are cool.
>>
>>73696136

it is using an ubuntu driver
>>
>>73696115
Dude, that beginning synth actually hurt the fuck out of my ears, turn that thing down even more.

Besides that, I really like everything after 0:43. The intro is kinda interesting but expand on the second half of the song more.
>>
>>73696240
i would just dual boot and use windows for audio only linux is too annoying for me to deal wtih
>>
>>73696277
>Dude, that beginning synth actually hurt the fuck out of my ears
You know, I'm just gonna delete it and post the updated version so it doesn't happen to anyone else. Sorry.
>>
File: hey.png (256KB, 720x598px) Image search: [Google]
hey.png
256KB, 720x598px
i tried making some suicide boys shit but ended up using pokemon instead :(
https://clyp.it/pxxsq2kz
>>
>>73696628
>https://clyp.it/pxxsq2kz
what the fuck is this???
>>
>>73696115
>>73696277
>>73696309
https://clyp.it/vqqgzfhj
>>
>>73696661
i dunno man, i start a song with an initial idea and then it goes downhill from there :(
>>
>>73682020

story of my life
>>
>>73695728
the musical idea needs to develop. change things over time. add something melodic after a few bars, then add other stuff. take things away.

your piece is very static as it is now.
>>
https://clyp.it/eh3zn0sn
any thoughts?
>>
>>73696672
jesus christ turn that synth down in the beginning fuck.

pretty fun tune otherwise, but you may want to dig a bit deeper for samples. j dilla's donuts and miserlou are sounds people have been hearing for literally decades. surf rock in general is a pretty untapped market in the sampling world if you want to stick with that miserlou vibe, but not use miserlou.
>>
>>73697418
more space, plz. you don't need to fill up every second with a melodic note.
>>
File: YSdnM9S.jpg (40KB, 214x242px) Image search: [Google]
YSdnM9S.jpg
40KB, 214x242px
where do i find mumble rappers to use my beats https://clyp.it/1xibz0bq
>>
File: ss+(2017-05-05+at+12.05.57).jpg (39KB, 555x560px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-05-05+at+12.05.57).jpg
39KB, 555x560px
https://clyp.it/j004lb1h xxxtentacion shit
>>
Anyone know anything about making soundscapes? Not looking to make a typical 3-5 minute song w/ melody, chords, drums, etc, but more of an ambient sound. The point being to make the user feel transported to say another place and time, or an alien dimension, not just listen to song for fun.

Just something that would be playing in the background, very understated and atmospheric. the idea being to create a certain vibe or feeling, not to be listened to in and of itself, but rather to be experienced like background music in a film or game is.
>>
>>73697854
you should try to build up a knowledge of sound which includes being familiar with the sound of acoustic instruments, synthesizers, FX etc so you have a repertoire of sounds to reach for based on what you're feeling

also constantly be on the lookout for sounds you like, sample from anywhere like youtube or netflix and have it setup so you can directly sample on the fly

if you keep practicing at trying to create the sound (or just the mood) you have in your head you will get more accurate every time and ideas will just pop into your head like 'I need a reverse chorused jazz bass sample mixed with a hipassed tiger's roar'

the more you practice, the closer to the mark you get to the mood you had in mind
>>
>>73697854
>Just something that would be playing in the background
I don't think anyone should aspire to make something like that. Make music for people to actually listen to.
>>
>>73698089
I don't see what's wrong with it. I make a lot of background music as well, inspired on soundtracks. I don't like the music that people actually listen to, so I do background music for fun.
>>
>>73697854
long sounds with evolving textures that compliment eachother
>>
>>73698089
People can still listen to it in the background. just for reference I was thinking something like Cliff Martinez's work on The Knick, Drive, Only God Forgives, Neon Demon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGMkuVyrD7s

of course that wouldn't be the only inspiration I had, just something that comes to mind right now.
>>
>>73698136
It's only worth doing if you're getting paid. Music shouldn't be ignorable. You can make "soundscapes" that still have substance and form.
>>
>>73698202
>Music shouldn't be ignorable
Well, that's just your opinion, and I disagree with it. Why should you have to be actively listening to music when you just want a nice buzz of strings in the background while you do your other stuff.
>>
>>73698230
Because music has the potential to be more than background noise. If you're deliberately restricting yourself to making something banal and inoffensive, that doesn't leave any room to make something that's actually interesting.
>>
>>73698306
>if it's not interesting it's bad!
If you're not gonna get paid then who gives a shit if it is "interesting" or not. Sounds like you're trying to make music to get laid.
>>
>>73698387
No, I want to make music that isn't fundamentally dull and boring and unambitious.
>>
File: 1481058538875.jpg (115KB, 1280x640px) Image search: [Google]
1481058538875.jpg
115KB, 1280x640px
>>73698306
>>73698387
just make what you want to hear
>>
no bait, but does anyone get tilted over minorities/women privilege? like you can release any garbage and "numales" at tmt or whatever will think its hot shit.
>>
>>73698556
not the end of the world. old white guys have been running the show for 50+ years. pay back is a bitch i guess.
>>
>>73698688
(((white))) guys
>>
File: Hatsune.Miku.full.495733.jpg (320KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
Hatsune.Miku.full.495733.jpg
320KB, 900x675px
>found the nippon pack
https://clyp.it/4qthroel

HAHAHA YESS

I CAN FEEL THE WEEB POWER
>>
>>73697854
Try AudioMulch it's great for soundscapes
>>
>>73699392
Link to the pack F.A.M
>>
can someone give me the names of some good sample packs that are easy to find on public torrent trackers so it doesnt fuck up my ratio. i mostly make house and techno stuff.

fyi its the second of the month so audionews is open for registration.
>>
https://clyp.it/v244gn3e

I'm trying to get into doing breakbeat stuff, how do I introduce more interesting sonic textures and keep the beat from getting boring? Also thoughts?
>>
>>73700474
Here's a gig of HQ drum and percussion shots uploaded by Jlin herself.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/8gh61au7bh3x5sl/SOUNDS+II.+%282016%29.rar
>>
>>73700519
ill give it a whirl. do you know any good companies for commercial packs?
>>
>>73700572
I don't really know, I don't focus on companies, I have a splice.com account so I just dl what sounds good, but in terms of good quality modern stuff I tend to like Cymatics

https://vstorrent.ru/?s=cymatics
>>
>>73675145
how would that even be useful
>t. ableton 4 lyfe
>>
>>73700596
interdasting site you got there. will check out these cymatics packs.
>>
>>73698556
yes but dont bring this shit into a thread about creativity you fuck
>>
>>73698556
>you can release any garbage and "numales" at tmt or whatever will think its hot shit.
no, you can't. you wouldn't get noticed if you were either of those things because you're a stupid talentless /pol/kiddy who says shit like "numales" and gets jealous of minorities' "privilege"
>>
what you think
i think its decent now

https://clyp.it/rxs22beq
>>
>>73701502
Did you revive Lou Reed to do your vocals?
>>
>>73701618
ahahah
>>
fucking cant stand female DJs and producers. they literally get likes and follows for being women and that is about it.
>>
>>73702033
That's just what being a woman is like.
>>
>>73702033
>wah why can't i have superficial shitty fans too?
>>
what exactly is sound production? do I need any special 'stuff'? Or do I can just use daws and headphones prease?
>>
>>73702607
do you mean sound design or music production?
>>
https://clyp.it/3vendljk

do all the notes work well together?
>>
>>73702033
DJ don't do shit anyway so it's better if it's a hot girl so at least it's pleasing to look at.
>>
>>73702617
I don't know what the difference is
>>
>>73702033
yeah but those women can't find good men because all that validation leads them to believe they're better than everyone, including potential suitors
>>
>>73702648
sound design refers more to the creation of texture and soundscapes

music production refers more to the creation of music as a whole

so music production incorporates sound design.
>>
>>73702648
music production refers to the whole process of making a song in a daw or with hardware, while sound design refers more specifically to using synths/sampling/effects/etc to sculpt the sound of individual elements
>>
>>73702649
>>>/r9k/
>>
>tfw ISIS could behead you for your blasphemous track but you watch a documentary and learn they've banned music and will never hear it anyway.
>>
>>73702714
>blasphemous track
sounds edgy
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (79KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
79KB, 1280x720px
>>73702033
>>
>>73702591
because the fans are too busy ogling some random cunt DJ. as retarded as it is, social media followings are pretty important now. a lot of promotion companies and labels that that into consideration when they choose who to onboard.

>>73702649
dont give a fuck about that. all i know is that they take all the attention away from talented male DJs.

>>73702739
reeeeee, pretty sure ive seen some of her shitty videos before.
>>
>>73702782
>they take all the attention away from talented male DJs
yeah, because if there's one group out there that's just forced to fight tooth and nail for proper representation in music, it's men!
>>
>>73701502
i think this master EQ is better
https://55chan.org/mu/src/1499013818909.ogg
>>
>>73702782
>talented DJs
top fuckin kek
>>
>>73700345
http://www.image-line.com/content/Impact+Soundworks+Koto+Nation/
>>
>>73702622
they go alright, i feel it doesn't resolve properly some of the time. would also sound a lot better if there was melodic rhythm.

>>73701502
turn the guitars down like 1db, vocals get drowned out during the verse. it's actually quite a catchy song, however, the singer is not the best.
https://clyp.it/zu4k4mp1
(turn ur volume down)
>>
>>73702821
that might have been the case in the 90s before internet was for normal people but now its just a matter of making a profile and posting some beach holiday picture and the females get bombarded with likes for nothing.
>>
>>73703203
thanks
>>
No women just don't have the determination to learn everything about production, too busy sucking cocks to learn about compressor release times
>>
>>73703497
You'd be busy having sex and being a degenerate too if you were attractive. 50% of /prod/ is too ugly/autistic to get laid so they fantasize over become a famous music producer.
>>
>>73703532
I don't fantasize about making it I just produce so I can keep my mind busy and forget for a moment about tfw no gf.
Thread posts: 333
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.