[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/daily/ - jpg edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 314
Thread images: 97

File: please kill me.jpg (128KB, 475x580px) Image search: [Google]
please kill me.jpg
128KB, 475x580px
The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.

>make charts
https://www.neverendingchartrendering.org/

>listen to tunes
https://plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel

>listenalong schedules, OP pics, etc.
http://daily-mu.blogspot.com/p/welcome.html

Previous thread: >>73310531
>>
MAMA LOI
PAPA LOI
I SEE ARTIFACTS IN THE DEAD MAN'S EYE
>>
File: KFC,India.png (29KB, 480x460px) Image search: [Google]
KFC,India.png
29KB, 480x460px
>implying that I was actually going to sleep
juked

===Novelty vs Trans===

>Armand Schaubroeck Steals - Ratfucker
>Art Punk, Spoken Word

Punished Lou Reed clone sings about stories from his time in prison, with funky background choruses and he likes to say fuck a lot

A good portion of this is laughable, but it's still an intriguing look into the mind of someone who went through a lot of shit in the 1950's. There are actual moments where it goes from sounding like a white dad trying to be cool, to someone disillusioned with themselves and their current place back in society.

6/10

>The Algorithm - Polymorphic Code
>Djent + chiptune + all popular internet genres within the 2000's

The biggest electronic influence on this album seems to be dubstep and modern House. One could easily call this whole album "video game music"-- and it really is.

Some people enjoyed how each song felt dynamic-- you don't know where it was going to next, what branching genres it would take after an initial setup, metal chord chorus... from there, the music draws wild cards. It's the perfect base for some Newgrounds animated music video.

Too bad it doesn't always make for interesting songs. The jarring dub interlude, hardcore passage, spoken word, and particularly bad samples (Elysia Crampton/Jlin kind of bad) on Access Granted makes for the worse track. The track Null is about a runtime error in Java, where you refer to a variable that doesn't exist and the program terminates itself. But beyond the name, there's no actual depth to the Computer Science reference. Panic is a progressive house (blegh) track, for the majority of the song, until they lost the 4/4 beats for their now familiar drop.

I think there may be some way to rework this to be less tacky. The dubstep and House production itself holds back a lot of the songs, simply for their outdated sound. And speaking of outdated, check out their music video for Trojans:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwG97ah0mEU

5/10
>>
File: KFC,India2.png (28KB, 649x211px) Image search: [Google]
KFC,India2.png
28KB, 649x211px
>>73333968

===s vs torts===
>Masada - Live in Sevilla 2000
>Avant Garde Jazz

I'm beginning to like John Zorn quite a lot. His Book of Angels series, his huge discography pulling from chamber compositions or Jewish Jazz, his extensive work with DOZENS of other artists and performing groups-- I think this guy needs some more attention.

That said, this is a wonderful groovy album, influenced by the music of the Ashkenazi Jews. It isn't the most rhythmically engaging, but Zorn's saxophone surprised me in its competency, and how many sounds he could bring out of it ala Colin Stetson style.

Nice audience, too.

7/10

>Rolf Kuhn Jazzgroup - Devil in Paradise
>Avant-garde Jazz

Much more experimental than Live in Sevilla, but not as appealing. I can't put my finger on why I dislike the closing track, Clowny-- maybe because of how far its sound is from Jazz itself, so it doesn't really feel like avant-garde jazz, but some Noise Rock band's practice before a gig.

7-/10
>>
File: KFC,India3.png (36KB, 651x317px) Image search: [Google]
KFC,India3.png
36KB, 651x317px
>>73333982
===Letov vs. Woolite===

>Jim O'Rouke - Fast Car (Live in Japan)
>jim sings with guitar and also drone

Much less hokey than Eureka can be. The combination of O'Rouke's guitar, the small shakers in the background, the low fidelity of the recording, the pinpricks of drone shining from underneath the repeated passage, are all quite gorgeous as a package.

And the context of the recording is also funny, seeing what Letov posted in the comment section. It seems O'Rouke is able to make his music best when EVERYONE around him is upset, not just him.

8/10

>Grant Green - Feelin' The Spirit
>Soul Jazz

Spirituals played in jazz. Green on guitar, Herbie on the piano, some nobody on the bass, some guy on the drums.

Maybe if I didn't recognize some of these tracks, like the Battle of Jericho, or Go Down Moses, there wouldn't be preconceptions to how these tracks play out. Still very consistent, of course, but not quite an 8 for me.

As an aside, this is what, the third album I've heard with Herbie in it? I feel like his piano playing is so unremarkable when he isn't the main focus. Maybe he's just too modest, too good at blending into the background while Green is sitting in center stage here.

pls recc really good herbie album that isn't head hunters

7/10
>>
>>73333990
===shamepai vs FISH===

>Steel an' Skin - Reggae Is Here Once Again
>Reggae, Disco, Afrobeat, Dub

Went into this expecting shit but that first track is groovy as fuck

Having heard little Disco OR Reggae, this compilation was fun. Steel drums and calling voices, with the tight drums and bass of Disco? The first single here is too much fun, and the rest of the album holds up its own pretty well. Acid Rain actually has a jazz organ I don't hate.

7/10

>Mothers of Invention - Freak Out!
>zappa

I think a comment I read sums up my actual emotions. The compositions are convoluted, and the melodies are a bit more rock/pop focused than their next works. Because of that, it's a bit clearer that Zappa is, after all, producing parody in the album. Most obviously on tracks with titles like Go Cry on Somebody Else's Shoulder or Wowie Zowie, and mocking popular bands of the time Motherly Love and You Didn't Try To Call Me.

I guess I'm just not as impressed at the eccentricity of Zappa's works. The foundations of Uncle Meat are present, and it's clear that the group will grow to produce better than just mocking. Admittedly, this isn't something I'd want to relisten to, either.

Trouble Every Day caught my ear with its lyrics, of a man simply languidly watching the protests of people on TV: "And I'm watchin' and I'm waitin' / Hopin' for the best / Even think I'll go to prayin'..." I can't help but compare this to the themes of Everything Everything. While Zappa's group passively shows this problem, EE are much more direct about this kind of issue. (Yeah yeah comparing Zappa to a pop rock electronic group is retarded)

6/10
>>
File: NoRestrictionsAccel.png (4MB, 3188x3468px) Image search: [Google]
NoRestrictionsAccel.png
4MB, 3188x3468px
>>73334007
===unnamed trip vs Jangle===

>V/A - Golden Rain
>Gamelan Gong Kebjar

The A-Side was recorded by a 25-piece orchestra, but this isn't typical "gamelan" music. Normally, Gamelan, an Indonesian style of music emphasizing gongs, chimes, and percussion, would sound like the slow portions of Track 2 on this. And there'd be some woman singing.

"kebjar", however, means "burst into flame."

Whilst the first two tracks are incredible on their own, The Ramayana Monkey Chant is almost frightening. Dozens of human voices fly between each other, like an angry manifestation a monkey god. Foreign voices speak alone against the apparition, often not sounding human themselves. In silence, the night sounds of insects and wind are audible.

This is a collection of just three tracks, each as intense as the last. This is the collective compositions of a hundred UK Bass, grime, footwork producers, their fleet-footed and reserved tracks alike, mangled into a grinder, and fucked into its original, archaic form.

8/10

>Sun Ra - Black Myth
>it's free jazz

It's going to take a while for me to fully appreciate synth improv, whoof. Otherwise, this was surprisingly boring for Sun Ra. I appreciate the chaos that comes from the saxaphone's wailing, how it even manages to pierce the upper octaves and sound like a broken TV. I like the frightened bass plucks, the absolutely frantic violin, the oboe that feels like a voice trying to converse into my right ear. The spoken word that summons imagery of being lost in some place like space, but not quite Space.

The Black Myth side of this album had my eyes drooping, but Out In Space is quite tasty. In the end, this is another group that performs visually as they play, so for an incomplete package I don't mind giving out this score.

6/10

==============================================
NoveltyCondom, s, Letov, shamepai, and unnamed trip stay in! Give reccs now or be ELIMINATED
==============================================
>>
File: Peace and Quiet.jpg (2MB, 2566x1700px) Image search: [Google]
Peace and Quiet.jpg
2MB, 2566x1700px
Great chart so far!

Simon & Garfunkel - Parsley, Rosemary and Thyme
>Folk

This is exactly what I’ve been looking for, thanks Jim.

Out of the Simon & Garfunkel releases I’ve heard, this might be the worst from a songwriting and composition perspective. However, the whole album has a very mellow, tranquil feel, with barely a moment of aggression or toughness. It’d be easy to criticize this for being sappy or as one RYM put it with “not a testicle to be found” but these guys obviously have some serious skills. All the songs are all emotional and nostalgic, from the opener “Scarborough Fair” which happens to be one of my favorites from them. The melodies are all super catchy and stuck with me although the tracks are all under 3 minutes. The entire album is under 30 but the songs manage to pack some sort of emotional punch in that short time. Plus “A Simple Desultory Phillipic” is a hilarious track, as Paul Simon puts on his best Bob Dylan spoof, throwing together some harmonica work and abstract lyrics. It’s also pretty catchy too.

Far from the ambitious album they ever made - like Nat said, they basically improve every album. The lyrics also occasionally come off as too light and hippie-dippie but that’s not something I usually mind. Fantastic, especially for a simple little folk album.

4/5

25,000 Kittens - S/t (EP)
>Ambient, Drone

This sort of peaceful music is exactly what I was looking for when I made this chart. Blissful, peaceful and very subtle. Not much happens over the course of this album as you’d expect but the atmosphere is gorgeous and warm. The cat noises pop up in the background briefly during the first track “Boo” and it works surprisingly well. Feels a bit gimmicky but it only stays for about a minute or so which is kind of the perfect amount of time. Adds kind of a soothing touch to an already relaxing EP. Very solid stuff.

>>
>>73334026
hmm
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/the-united-states-of-america/the-united-states-of-america/
>>
>>73334039
Heart Food is the most comfortable album in all of the universe btw, in case you were wondering.
>>
>>73333990
>I feel like his piano playing is so unremarkable when he isn't the main focus. Maybe he's just too modest, too good at blending into the background

Maaan, I'm the complete opposite. Herbie's my favorite part of that album and consistently one of my sidemen in jazz. Half the time I enjoy piano on a 60s album I check the lineup and go "of course it's Herbie again".

I don't think that album is as strong without him. He adds these nice little soulful touches and riffs on the album that just pop out. Honestly one of my favorite performances by him, aside from Maiden Voyage and Head Hunters.

Anyway, maybe he isn't your style or piano isn't your instrument. Glad you at least liked the album though!
>>
File: 1496533249708.jpg (297KB, 1160x2208px) Image search: [Google]
1496533249708.jpg
297KB, 1160x2208px
>>73333990
>Billy Higgins
>some guy
>>
>>73334140
I will be checking that out next then! Looks like a super comfy album by the cover. Currently checking out the Sam Prekop album from a past listenalong but I'll throw Heart Food on tomorrow's to do list
>>
File: statue17.jpg (123KB, 608x400px) Image search: [Google]
statue17.jpg
123KB, 608x400px
i recognize i look like a tool for dumping huge tourney reviews to start out the thread

NEED RECCS FROM:

ricebeansegg
shamepai
post-feelist
jimmy jazz
imposter tuco
NoveltyCondom
s
Unnamed Trip

If a trip doesn't recc in time, and I get through Round 2 albums, I'll open spots for other trips to hijack.

Prizes, btw:

1ST PLACE: 25 album drone
2ND PLACE: 16 album drone
3RD PLACE: 10 album drone

>>73334039
I feel like Mono No Aware shouldn't be on this chart, but we'll see.

>>73334166
>Maiden Voyage
Should I try this album? I mean the guy is obviously a virtuoso at piano, he was playing since what, 11? But maybe I'll appreciate him more in the lead rather than a side.

>>73334198
the guy looks obscure on rym so i just called him that instead of some nobody
>>
>>73334026
http://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/glenn-branca/the-ascension-6/
>>
>>73334248
look at the "credits" section and see some of the records that guy has played on
>>
File: Turbulance.jpg (45KB, 630x305px) Image search: [Google]
Turbulance.jpg
45KB, 630x305px
>>73334248
We'll see on Mono No Aware, added it because I heard it's a nice collection of ambient idk.

Yeah, Maiden Voyage is a great place to start with Herbie. His compositions on that album are top notch, has a great atmosphere and all the musicians are fantastic.

>the guy looks obscure on rym so i just called him that instead of some nobody

Well he was all over the place as a sideman - on famous recordings with Ornette Coleman, Jackie McLean, Dexter Gordon, Lee Morgan, etc
>>
>>73334300
Wait I didn't mean to attach this pic lmao
>>
>>73334300
sick pic lmao

I'll put Maiden Voyage on the side for later.

>>73334294
>>73334300
good thing no one else is awake to yell at my jazz knowledge, this fuck's everywhere and I haven't heard a single album from him

Interested in hearing him on an original material only album, of course.

>>73334274
if you win the tourney you should force yourself to keep the trip on and achieve meme status
>>
File: sound.png (1MB, 1145x944px) Image search: [Google]
sound.png
1MB, 1145x944px
>My Bloody Valentine - Loveless
Didn't expect to like this one so much. A bit inconsistent, but awesomely colorful and sweet for an album like this. Rather than focusing just on being noisy, Loveless focuses on noise that is detailed and melodic. I've heard jokes about "four snare hits" followed by 50 minutes of vacuum noise, but I don't see it. Each track on Loveless sounds distinctly different from the others. Speaking of which, I was suprised when I was finished to find out this album was 50 whole minutes long, as it felt more like 30. I originally had this at a 3.5, but I can't come up with enough legitimate critisisms to warrant a score that low. 4/5.

>Death Grips - The Meme Store
The songwriting is good, but each song on this album goes for the same style: obnoxious and loud, every instrument seeming pushed as loud as it can go. Even MC Ride is screaming at the top of his lungs most of the time. As a result, this album never feels actually loud or explosive, because it's all like that. It got to the point where I felt like I could make a death grips song by opening my DAW, half-assing a synth loop in one track, making a simple drum pattern in another, and making a third track that's a recording of me screaming into a mic about stabbing people. Push all of those to max volume, increase the global volume to the max as well, and the result wouldn't be out of place on The Money Store. But there are a handful of great tracks like Get Got, Hustle Bones and Hacker. 2.5/5

>Radiohead - Pablo Honey
Starts out all right with the first few tracks, nothing terribly offensive, but all goes downhill from there aside from Blowout. Bland pop rock that has nothing going for that aside from an okay melody, and oftentimes not even that. Stop Whispering particularly infuriates me. 1.5/5
>>
>>73333968
>there may be some way to rework this to be less tacky
nigga for what, this thing's a perfect product of its time. it just needed some ponies.
>>
>>73333333
>>
File: IMG_2307.jpg (80KB, 947x749px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2307.jpg
80KB, 947x749px
>>73334630
Your statement isn't even wrong, and it's kinda appalling because of that

Now I'm wondering how people will look back on the 00's time of music. Will there be some kind of revival of the electronic music that burst in popularity for the time, and its trademark sound? And what kind of products could come about from it?

I hope it's not just dubstep + R&B like that album on the top of my tourney chart
>>
>>73334790
Vaporwave Revival that's literally just new wave
>>
>>73334248
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/the_birthday_party/live_1981_82/
>>
>>73334248
uhh
you were looking for some stuff with falsetto singing innit
and you're kind of a peasant so
Richard Dawson - Peasant
>>
>>73335248
You're too late, I listened to it on my own last thread. 8/10, expecting it to grow on me.
>and you're kind of a peasant so
Yah

But if you got male falsettos hit me up
Not guaranteed I'll like them but usually if they're REALLY high I'll take it

>>73335055
>vaporwave revival
We'd get 3 great albums out of that and that's it
>>
>>73335426
Better than vaporwave if true
>>
This song does so many little things right
https://youtu.be/1y7G1Jig7Jk

When the backing vocals come back isolated @ 3:28 it's pure bliss idk why
>>
>>73334248
Graham Lambkin - Amateur Doubles
>>
>>73336431
Check these Amateur Doubles.
>>
File: chart1.13.6.17.jpg (253KB, 2786x1680px) Image search: [Google]
chart1.13.6.17.jpg
253KB, 2786x1680px
hey /daily/
i commented here a couple days ago and got some recs from you. i checked some of them out and plan on listening to more tonight - here's what i think so far. i don't give anything a rating between 1 and 5 btw.
also you'll see here a couple of jap avant folk artists. i'm wanting to really explore that genre further. i'm a big fan of ichiko aoba, so if you know any shit like her or jap avant folk in general send it my way!
>>
File: Backlog.jpg (2MB, 1853x2857px) Image search: [Google]
Backlog.jpg
2MB, 1853x2857px
>>73333866
Neu! has really grown on me as of recent, here I thought I'd hate it forever, I don't know what I was on when I listened to it first though there's actually quite a few things going on given that it's a duo. Lieber Honig sounds like something that'd come out of Microcastle-era Deerhunter. Gonna listen to the first four Talking Heads albums hence why I've marked off Fear of Music, gonna post thoughts in about 10 or so hours.

>>73336702
Try the sports one next!
>>
>>73335426
fug
>>
>>73335426
hav u heard Nothing Important tho?

>>73336561
hmm
>>
>>73336702
>japvant folk
http://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/asa_chang_and_junray/みんなのジュンレイ__minna_no_junray_/
>>
>>73336702
>i'm a big fan of ichiko aoba, so if you know any shit like her or jap avant folk in general send it my way!

The classics :
Seiko Oomori - 魔法が使えないなら死にたい
Yoshiko Sai - 萬花鏡
J.A. シーザー - Denen Ni Shisu
Anything by Kazuki Tomokawa (Muzan no Bi is a good start)
Mibu Furukawa - 業晒し
Meme - ちとてとち
>>
>>73336702
sick, Nikaido Kazumi
That album is fantastic my friend, probably not that avant, but you will be surprised by her voice
Daisuke Tobari - Guitar
that's my favorite avant-folk album, i hope you really like it.
>>73334248
Sweet Trip - Halica
also lmao this is like the 4th time i'm paired against letov or something
>>
>>73336561
that's pretty amateur my dude
>>
>>73336702
>i'm a big fan of ichiko aoba, so if you know any shit like her or jap avant folk in general send it my way!
You wanna get real spooky? Listen to Kengo Iuchi. I'd also recommend Morita Douji.
>>73337053
Seconding.
>>73337057
These are great recs. I'd also add Mikkou and Taiji no Yume for Sai Yoshiko.
>>
>>73337366
Oh yeah, and Aiko Shimada- Blue Marble is a pretty cool folktronica album if you're into that.
>>
>>73337053
>>73337057
>>73337255
>>73337366
>>73337379
Thanks folks, these look great. I've only listened to Meme - ちとてとち before, so i'm looking forward to doing the rest of these!
I think i'll make my next chart just a whole bunch of this shit, i found this list on rym, contributed to by the great antiwarhol himself:
https://rateyourmusic.com/list/aoa/japanese_eccentric_folk/
anyone listened to any of this? if you have feel free to share any highlights or favourites!
>>
>>73337527
In addition to what's already been recommended, I can vouch for Jun Konagaya, Hako Yamasaki, Kumiko Suyama, Manekineko Kagekidan (who I think are a side project or ZELDA), and Syzygys. Oh, and Geinoh Yamasaki, but you probably already know them. All of their albums are worthwhile. Especially the Ecophony albums. Interesting list though. I need to dig through a lot more of it myself.
>>
>>73334248
Oh hey
Incredible String Band - The Hangman's Daughter
>>
music :\
>>
>>73336702
seconding Daisuke Tobari hard

reccing
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/%E3%81%8B%E3%81%88%E3%82%8B%E7%9B%AE/%E6%8B%9D%E5%80%9F__haisyaku_/

not incredibly avant but desu it's incredibly comfy and brings me back to less cityish Japan whenever I hear it

fuck, riding the train to it and looking at everything was great

my favorite tune from it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1_zx7ksjv0

also reccing

https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/%E6%B8%9A%E3%81%AB%E3%81%A6/%E6%B8%9A%E3%81%AB%E3%81%A6-on-the-love-beach/

this is considered pop and psych folk but it's still Japanese and comfy so eh
>>
File: Fantasias for Guitar & Banjo.jpg (83KB, 1054x1053px) Image search: [Google]
Fantasias for Guitar & Banjo.jpg
83KB, 1054x1053px
>>73334026
>>
good morning fuckers
>>
>>73336702
>>73337057
oh definitely seconding Muzan no Bi as well but I wasn't sure if it was what you wanted based on what I know from Aoba

I wasn't incredibly fond of Meme when I first listened to em but I feel like I would like them if I only listened to em now

since stuff not too Aobaesque also counts, I guess I can rec Daikanjyo

that technically counts I guess but even if it doesn't it's really worth a listen
>>
>>73338747
mornin mate. what are you up to today?

planning to listen to Kid A, Isn't Anything and Closer
>>
>>73338958
im gonna catch up with my good pal fish on our 2017 chart, prolly read a bit, prolly sleep a bit, the works
>>
>>73338972
wow sounds like a bad day
you should listen to the harry smith anthology instead
>>
File: IMG_4139.jpg (212KB, 1118x615px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4139.jpg
212KB, 1118x615px
Kid B+. Needs second listen.
Isn't Anything now
>>
File: essential daily.jpg (3MB, 4231x6355px) Image search: [Google]
essential daily.jpg
3MB, 4231x6355px
Ahh /daily/ ! I missed you!
I haven't given up on it, still here, haha
Just couldn't post the last couple days sadly...
But I listened to quite a few of your favourite albums. Not sure if I should tak about each of them now. But you can of course ask me about any rated album!

But I haave to mention the Red House Painters album, omg, it is so beautifully sad and melancholic, the lyrics, the mood, the vocals, everything is so intensily captivating and stiring,
Medicine Bottle especially hits so hard, I can't not love this for how sad it makes me feel.

Regarding the Mingus album, I just have to say, I feel so left out on jazz, I just don't understand the appeal, my mum loves it and even played in a jazz band for awhile, so I actually grew up with it, but it never did anything to me more than being nice background music. And it's the same on this album, even if it is a pretty interesting jazz here. But I can't really see what exactly I have to pay attention to?? I doubt just listening to more of it would help.
Any advice?

Also what next?
(i still haven't listened to your last rec, borzoi, sorry ;_; but have it downloaded already!)
>>
File: IMG_4153.jpg (27KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4153.jpg
27KB, 220x220px
>>73339531
I feel like jazz didn't click for me until I heard about AABA form and listened to Brilliant Corners. Super pleb summary: a piece States the theme (A), States it again, then there's improvisation around the theme (B section) during which I mentally play the theme repeatedly to hear how it converges toward and diverges from the improv, then the theme is stated again and the piece ends. Much of Brilliant Corners follows this so it gave me a good foothold in what to listen for. That said, i may be listening wrong, lol.

Loveless onions?
>>
>>73339642
>>73339531
Many of the pieces on Giant Steps also do AABA very obviously, and both those albums are amazing
>>
File: thom-yorke-shirtless.jpg (22KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
thom-yorke-shirtless.jpg
22KB, 300x300px
free palestine from this man
>>
>>73339922
Hey dude you see the bad news? >>73339415
>>
>>73339962
fucks sake

how many are going out each round again?
>>
File: listenalong97.png (2MB, 1732x1732px) Image search: [Google]
listenalong97.png
2MB, 1732x1732px
i'm two days late with this shit
>>
>>73339981
The bottom four
I don't t h i n k you have to worry
>>
>>73339922
Why does every sober musician have a shit body?
>>
File: 20170613_121700.png (250KB, 719x719px) Image search: [Google]
20170613_121700.png
250KB, 719x719px
how will daily ever recover hahaha
>>
>>73340066
The floor is heterosexuality
>>
>>73340066
it won't
this is the last thread
>>
File: teef.jpg (84KB, 811x960px) Image search: [Google]
teef.jpg
84KB, 811x960px
>>73339531
Hehe don't worry :*
>>
File: sicilian boys with guns.jpg (41KB, 635x424px) Image search: [Google]
sicilian boys with guns.jpg
41KB, 635x424px
>>73340080
umu
>>
>>73339642
Sorry for the late reply, thank you!!
I haven't heard about that form yet, I'll try to look for it in Brilliant Corners when I listen to it!

>Loveless onions?
Unfortuantely I don't see much outstanding in it, a couple very nice moments and a generelly nice dreamy, melancholic atmosphere, but nothing I could completely drown into. I'm sure I'm missing something, it should be right up my alley.
>>
>>73340126
Fair onions. I felt that way at first but then listened a third time just yesterday and it really clicked hard
>>
unreleased monks coming out on the same day as the new basho, oh shit

>>73340041
if i do end up getting kicked out after being assured of my safety i will be very hurt
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/13175683
reposting this. tell me what games i should play.

>>73331990 (anon)
i mean sure, but i'm already in most current bandcamp pages by the group.

>>73332230 (letov)
wuh

>>73333990
yeah i just read that comment recently. he tried his damndest i'll tell ya.

>>73334026
The Ramayana Monkey Chant is the best track on the album IMO.
>>
>>73340239
don't play games much anymore but hotline miami is a lot of fun
>>
>>73340154
Yeah Loveless is one of those albums. It took me even longer to get really into it, but it's one of my favorites now. The sheer pop sensibility on that record is second to none.
>>
File: 1487625422595.jpg (2MB, 3000x2491px) Image search: [Google]
1487625422595.jpg
2MB, 3000x2491px
>mfw Ubisoft was better than Bethesda
>mfw Bethesda was worse than EA
>mfw MS was better than Sony (???)

what the fuck happened

>>73340239
I didn't watch it but they apparently livestreamed a bunch of people in costumes doing vidya themed improv for fourteen hours straight

>>73339531
I am morbidly curious as to what you thought of my moonrunes album
>>
>>73340432
I'm going to make exactly one (1) post about vidya this thread, but what exactly did MS announce that you could actually seeing yourself playing? Anthem, maybe? There were at least three games Sony showed that were decent-looking. All-in-all very mediocre but not terrible.

I'm glad I didn't watch any of these live because I skipped through so much of it lmao. I guess vidya just doesn't excite me like it used to. Best announcements by far were all Nintendo stuff though. Metroid Prime 4 was probably the best announcement by far and I don't even have a switch.

Who remember Microsoft E3 2013? Hahaha what a shitshow.
>>
File: download.jpg (441KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
441KB, 1000x1000px
y'all like blurb reviews?
how about 7/10s?

>Nails / Full of Hell - s/t
6 Minutes of perfect music. I need to listen to more grind.

>Khun Narin Electric Phin Band - II
Helljams from Thailand. Picks up speed real hard on the last two tracks.

>Natural Snow Buildings - Aldebaran
Can't say it ever got horribly boring. Can't say it's not six hours long either.

>The Thing with Jim O'Rourke - Shinjuku Growl
Free Improv recod. Not much anything.

>Fenn O'Berg - In Studio
Not too sure what everybody's got their pussy in a pringle about on this one. It's less consistent than the last few Fenn O'Berg outings in tone, but I was still engaged the entire time while listening. The anxiety was there, just in a slower, more direct burn.

>Mattin & Taku Unami - Attention
Left: Unami fucking around with a guitar.
Right: Mattin talking in a thick spanish accent about how your sound system is not good enough to listen to this music, and inquiring how you got the album you're listening to.
Each track is separated by sometimes minutes of silence between bursts of activity.
Wonderful.

>The Mothers of Invention - Weasels Ripped My Flesh
Wasn't as big on this one. I liked the art rock and avant-prog based tracks a lot, but there was slightly too much dicking around to be fully enjoyable.

>>73340432
im_sickened_but_curious.jpg

>>73340299
seems like that's what's gonna be happening. will probably play night in the woods again afterwords.
>>
File: lp-web-e1472051607193.jpg (48KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
lp-web-e1472051607193.jpg
48KB, 600x600px
>>73340659
>Ninja McTits - The Red String of Fate (Sorry I'm All Tied Up this Weekend)
I promise you, you really don't have to.

>nodolby - Sound Crue
This actually works out really well. Both of the last two things I heard were 20 minute noise records released for free on the internet. The last one was one of hundreds of albums released by the same dude on a label with well over 800 releases total. This one wasn't, and actually sounds good.
Strange isn't it.

>Jukka Nousiainen - s/t
In the age of so many throwback acts, imitating the feeling of a long gone era through only the eye of one, it's incredibly difficult to make a lo-fi, straight rock record sound as sincere as this. There is sadly a pretty big language barrier with this, but the passion on these tracks defies language.

>Ambarchi / O'Rourke / Haino - Tima Formosa
If this really is the worst of the collabs, I'm in for bright skies.
I liked the screaming.

>Various Artists (but mostly Jim O'Rourke) - All Kinds of People ~Love Burt Bacharach~
I mean, it's a series of covers of songs I've never heard. I can't judge it much on adaption, but it's fairly consistent nonetheless. It's also an O'Rourke pop record (kinda) so every note's more or less gonna be perfect.
I feel he did restrict himself a bit too far with this though. Between the invitation of so many guests (technically turning this into a V/A comp) and the covering of such strictly lounge material seems to only allow the bare bones of the pop perfection to be outlined. Not much room for majestic dissolving.
There were too many tracks sung in broken english by small sounding japanese women to be cute.
It's fairly inconsistent. Kinda a letdown.

>Toshiya Tsunoda - Low Frequency Observed at Maguchi Bay
A good chunk of this album is completely inaudible to the human ear.
However, it's the only album I've ever heard that has made me feel like I'm suffocating while I listen to it.
Kinda hard to rate.
a 6 sounds good for now.
>>
File: 6529900.png (156KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
6529900.png
156KB, 300x300px
>>73340670
>The Gerogerigegege - 燃えない腹
A brief lesson in Economics:

"On April 23rd 2003, The GeroGeriGeGeGe hits the road on 8 city west coast tour.
They would them make history by partaking in the first ever all scratch music tour.
The unique thing about this record is that most of the sounds were designed
and arranged before the group actually rehearsed it. In other words, you will hear this
record and be challenged with the question on how to use the sounds just as they
were.
With less than 2 weeks to practice, the member took bits and pieces of sounds
from this record, and created the vibe featured on this tour.
Like any The GeroGeriGeGeGe releases, this is not your average record, this is an
instrument featuring custom made sounds, vintage synths, as well as samples
from seminal albums such as 'Sketchbook: An Introduction to Good Music'.
Wether you're trying to mimmick the song performed on the tour and album, create
original good music, or producing tracks traditionally, there's enough samples to bang
out multiple albums."
- Scrotum Records official website

"Side A is just a disco song
Side B is a shitty remix of that disco song, just using the repeat function in audacity"
- velocifish

Questions:
1. Is any of the information from the record label correct?
2. Does Juntaro even know this record exists?
3. Do I regret paying $20 for this?

Answer Key:
1. llɐ ʇɐ ʇoN
2. ʇoN ʎlqɐqoɹԀ
3. oN
5/10

>Frank Zappa - Hot Rats
no.
>>
File: life.png (2MB, 767x1199px) Image search: [Google]
life.png
2MB, 767x1199px
>>73340677
Other Stuff of Note:
>Finn Diesel - Boiler Room x SXSW DJ Set
If you open up your set with an MLG parody version of "Shake it Off" and then use the rest of your set to play basic bitch EDM with not a hint of irony behind yourself, please stop doing this.
https://soundcloud.com/platform/finn-diesel

>GFOTY - Cotton Eyed GF-j-O-e-TY
I mean if you want to listen to half an hour worth of novelty versions of Cotton Eye Joe this is just about the best way to do it.
There's one in here that sounds like Flat Zone 2, so that's pretty lit.
https://soundcloud.com/clubrepz/cotton-eyed-gf-j-o-e-ty

>Jacob Hutto - Where's the Humanity?
Slightly inconsistent, but a vast and great effort from Jacob. Has something for just about everybody.
https://jacobhutto.bandcamp.com/album/wheres-the-humanity

>Malibu - Gold of Nightfall
Keep an eye on this one. She's only done DJ mixes and a few singles up to now, but the scale and care that goes into each mix is outstanding. Expecting AOTY out of her in a few years.
https://soundcloud.com/novembre-magazine/gold-of-nightfall

>michealcushion - Life Escaper Trial Edition
Terrifying sound collage. A solid listen if you're into experimental music from any time period.
https://meltytapes.bandcamp.com/album/life-escaper-trial-edition
(also bumping this guy's amazing youtube channel, a must watch if you are alive and hate something.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vH0XJiqmzV0

>Sinjin Hawke - First Opus
The melon is right on this one. Good listen if you want footwork to be pushed further without losing all of its pop qualities.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01-M-BXT1-Y&list=PLTj-JRNB9VKye8zzW1gfL7IqZ2tY_06MH

>VINTAGE 북쪽 - Northland
Vaporwave album from 2012 (!) making great use of Rock n Roll samples. Further proof that the genre is just about dead and is just a bunch of fancy names for ambient techno and plunderphonics at this point.
https://negativeplus.bandcamp.com/album/northland
>>
>>73340432
>mfw nintendo got the most hype for a 30 second title reveal
>>
>>73340551
Metro, Ori and the The Last Night were all cool, Xbox Fat BC was interesting even though that console had like ten worthwhile games total
The SotC remake was the only thing at Sony that seemed appealing, I've never been one for zombie stuff or Monhun, they didn't even mention the stuff people were really anticipating either (From, TLOU, etc.)

E3 2010 with Kinect was way worse than 2013, and I think 2006 earns the title of the worst overall E3 ever

>>73340677
So is that just some hack label trying to cash in on the Gero name or something? Or did they accidentally mispress some disco music? Weird.
>>
File: 1494290279188.png (647KB, 618x618px) Image search: [Google]
1494290279188.png
647KB, 618x618px
>>73340701
>nintendo objectively won E3
[panic]

>>73340731
former (maybe)
they've released some legit gero material before. juntaro has pressed some bootlegs as gero, and he probably knows about digital techniques by now, so i don't even know.
>>
>>73340659
>Can't say it ever got horribly boring. Can't say it's not six hours long either.
gr8 review

>>73340701
I mean it's a franchise I love and I thought for sure was deader than shit so I'm hype

They deserve it just because there was not much else that was uber hype.

>>73340731
fair enough E3 gay as shit tho ig so who care (answer is me I love the gay shit)

>and I think 2006 earns the title of the worst overall E3 ever
maybe overall, but 2010 Konami actually takes gold for shittiest/best ever
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1vmrMAqeWM
>>
>>73339531
gross
delet this
>>
File: thatsamightyfinechart.png (3MB, 1960x910px) Image search: [Google]
thatsamightyfinechart.png
3MB, 1960x910px
>Prince of Denmark - 8
A three hour minimal techno album seemed like a grim prospect and a test of patience at first. However, seeing the positive reviews from people I trust and hearing his EP gave me enough confidence to dive headfirst into it. Keep in mind I’m not normally one who enjoys long albums. I have even used length as a criticism in the past though I don’t believe in that as strongly anymore. This record managed to keep me engaged for its entire duration. All things considered it is a massive, sprawling album that encapsulates multiple moods and styles while remaining focused and cohesive. There are no weak songs. There is so much variety here despite the music being so minimal. Yet at its core, this album is simple. Most of the songs have a four on the floor danceable beat holding them up with some additional loops on top. So how does this album manage to be so hypnotic and consistent? To be honest, I have no clue. This probably comes down to my personal biases in music. However, I believe behind the simplicity of these tracks, there is a painstaking amount of detail and effort put into them. This is the complete summary of a man’s work, a portion of his life instilled into this record. A man whose identity we do not know. A guy who ended his project and dropped his moniker after releasing a 3 hour 23 song 8XLP containing absolutely no filler and barely any songs under the 5 minute mark. “The story I’ve been trying to tell here has been told”. To add to the mystique of this release, there are multiple different physical and digital copies of it floating around. Different cuts of different lengths, same songs with slightly different melodies, an extra song appearing on an early Soulseek release titled Hacker perhaps released by the Prince himself. “You will never have everything”. Artwork that comes with the vinyl release prominently features an ∞ sign, which holds an obvious relation to the number 8.

(1/2)
>>
>>73340893
This is an amorphous blob of music. This is one of those rare albums that thematically justifies its length in addition to being compositionally and sonically justifiable. This is a landmark techno release that I hope will gain more traction and be talked about for years to come. If you’re at all interested in minimal techno, you owe it to yourself to listen to it. I don’t want to rush into calling this album “perfect” because it demands more time, but I don’t think I can give it anything less than what I’ve given it for now.
>>
>>73340893
>>73340906
agreed
>>
>>73340830
:(
>>73340432
I just couldn't relate at all. Since I can't understand the lyrics, I ignored them for the most part and just focused on the rest, but this felt just like noisy, samey songs without a distinct mood or atmosphere, I also really did not like the singers voice, it just sounds so ugly to me.
>>
File: IMG_2591.jpg (115KB, 683x630px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2591.jpg
115KB, 683x630px
New Everything Everything album coming out in 2 MONTHS

Fuck Richard Dawson, that'll be my AOTY
>>
>>73342194
get to heaven is the WORST
>>
File: IMG_2555.png (77KB, 771x686px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2555.png
77KB, 771x686px
>>73342237
W R O N G
R
O
N
G
>>
>>73342261
lamb aint wrong tho
>>
Recc me some stuff I can stream on yt or bandcamp !
I want to hear:
Powerviolence
Grime
2017 things
>>
>>73342289
>clever lyrics and great songwriting
>super high voice that filters out plebs
>established an individual sound with first album
>almost every song is catchy
>refreshing usage of electronics in pop rock
>really great b-sides
>not to mention 10/10 album art

>gets moderately memed on /mu/

There's worse than this album

>>73342557
Need a recc from you for tourney, btw
I might have missed it from an older thread if you already gave it
>>
>>73342578
>Need a recc from you for tourney, btw
I was wondering!
OK do you want something more noise or more punk ?
>>
>>73342596
n̶e̶i̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶b̶h̶

I'll take noise
>>
>>73342578
>super high voice that filters out plebs

wtf I meet plebs like every day that listen to Get To Heaven
>>
>>73342640
Broaden your horizons
Black Pus 1
>>
>>73342557
Rig Time - sick of it for pv/beatdown
>>
File: deleteperfectblue.jpg (20KB, 213x300px) Image search: [Google]
deleteperfectblue.jpg
20KB, 213x300px
Just watched this

some good shit
>>
>>73342557
I appreciate this meme.
>>
>>73342578
but you forgot the most important thing
>bad

where were u when accel became a victim of homocide
>>
File: 317129133337346048.png (679B, 26x10px) Image search: [Google]
317129133337346048.png
679B, 26x10px
>>73342957
youll need to append some evidence to that claim
>>73342648
You live in Sweden, of course a Glasgow band will get more listeners there
i should have said it filters out /mu/ because someone kept posting Get To Heaven last summer
>>
>>73342261
no, get to heaven is annoyingly terrible
>>73342578
you can't just greentext your opinion out as if it makes it true
>>
>>73343129
are everything everything not manc
>>
>>73343242
whoop yeah

>>73343191
ill use asterisks then * * * *
>>
>>73342261
>>73342194
>>73342578
lmao dude

everything everything is weak

>>73342557
hear tort's new album
https://missmiracle.bandcamp.com/releases
>>
btw check out Birth/Speed/Merging if you like King of Kings or Lalibela from The Pyramids, it's not quite as good but still worthwhile
>>
File: #BASED.gif (338KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
#BASED.gif
338KB, 500x378px
>>73342194
HOOOOLY CRAP SOURCE????

>>73343191
I can confirm EE is great I'm a reliable source now PISS OFF
>>
File: 2017.png (3MB, 1680x1680px) Image search: [Google]
2017.png
3MB, 1680x1680px
Everything Everything is above-average pop music, stop hating.

>Eric Copeland - Courtesy, Professionalism, Respect
>Outsider house
Solid outsider house record from start to finish. No complaints really, outside of a few noticeably weaker tracks towards the end. Recommended for fans of the bleeps.
7/10

>Planning for Burial - Below the House
>Shoegaze, Atmospheric sludge metal, Post-rock
A nice atmospheric experience. Nothing too special but it gets the job done and doesn't drag on too long like many similar releases do.
6/10

>Blanck Mass - World Eater
>Electro-industrial, post-industrial
Much more on the dancey side than the experimental/noisy side. Kinda boring after it's all said and done.
5/10

>Immolation - Atonement
>Death metal
I put this album on here because I have been a huge fan of their earlier albums for years, but was never sold on their newer stuff. Unfortunately this album is no exception. I love their sound but they can never seem to switch up the formula even for a second. Slightly better than their new stuff I've heard but still painfully one-note.
5/10
>>
>>73343591
https://itunes.apple.com/nz/album/a-fever-dream/id1245331144
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p055tlld

you can hear new single from second link

now that I hear it, it sounds like a shift toward dance music and i'm a little ambivalent, James Ford as a producer might be why. Interested in hearing it in context, still.
>>
>>73343129
Yeah, maybe true. I saw Everything Everything at a festival here in 2013, they were pretty good then iirc
>>
>>73343774
>shift toward dance music
They already did that, just compare all the math rock influences in Arc that vanished in favor of synthpop and synth-heavy art pop in GtH.

Btw,
>Annie Mac
qt :3
>>
File: NOOOOO.jpg (39KB, 500x309px) Image search: [Google]
NOOOOO.jpg
39KB, 500x309px
>>73343717
>stop hating
NO
>>
File: Backlog Chart 9.png (3MB, 2296x2413px) Image search: [Google]
Backlog Chart 9.png
3MB, 2296x2413px
Alceu Valença & Geraldo Azevedo - Alceu Valença & Geraldo Azevedo (1972)
>progressive folk, contemporary folk

A lot like the less out-there, more grounded brother of Paêbirú. It's a lot less folky than the genre tags would suggest, occupying more of an upbeat rocky style than anything else. Some tracks do have a delicate, acoustic folky aesthetic, and these generally end up being the album's least interesting tracks. The album really gets its footing when the tempo picks up, transforming into a effortlessly fun album with a lot of rhythmic and melodic complexity. Progressive influences permeate these tracks, but they never overwhelm the simple fun the tracks most outwardly display, and that's a great thing. A lost classic of Brazillian music.

3.0+

Áine O'Dwyer - Anything Bright or Startling? (2013)
>free folk, avant-folk

Angelic church music organist turns into a harp-plucking, Newsom-influenced singer/songwriter, and does it with total and complete grace. Music for Church Cleaners is in and of itself a beautiful album, but this might have it beat in that regard. The harp playing is absolutely beautiful, atmospheric and breathing, eschewing a lot of melody and technicality for something much better. O'Dwyer's voice is fairly typical for this kind of stuff (basically, she sounds like Joanna Newsom), but they work wonderfully against the harp. This needs a lot more attention around here, especially since Music for Church Cleaners is so well-liked.

3.0+

>>73342749
awesome movie, only anime i've ever really watched but i liked it a lot.
>>
>>73337057
If I can't use magic I want to die?
>>
>>73343774
>James Ford as a producer
Oh boy. It's the same guy who produced the latest Depeche Mode (sucked) and AM (middle-of-the-road). He did produced Nocturnes though, I quite like Nocturnes.
>>
>>73340775
>>73340801
every year during e3 i get excited to play good games and then i never do and then i get sad about it
like right now im super hype but i also have the lingering feeling of "none of these will be that good" and "you wont make the effort to play them"
>>
>>73343841
I only just realized this is jesse from Breaking Bad.

>>73344204
same desu
>>
File: topsters2.png (2MB, 1754x1090px) Image search: [Google]
topsters2.png
2MB, 1754x1090px
i've been thinking.
>>
>>73345121
>a 5 for October Language
trip up incoming
>>
>>73345121
yamir more like yellow
>>
>>73345132
old news :'(
>>
>>73345188
didn't see it before
can you please replicate your initial reaction
>>
File: chef kissing fingers.jpg (27KB, 400x298px) Image search: [Google]
chef kissing fingers.jpg
27KB, 400x298px
>>73339531
>that rhp score
now we cookin

>>73339922
why this nigga look like he's about to drop the hottest bomb on palestinian children this year?

>>73340670
>Ninja McTits
i kinda want to

>>73342194
>Fuck Richard Dawson
you first BUDDY

>>73342749
satoshi kon is a HACK but that movie is aight

>>73343887
>only anime i've ever really watched
what the heck, you're a teenage online white guy what are you doing go watch some boku no pico you twerp

>>73345132
trip in upcoming
>>
>>73345152
yellow more like mellow :(
>>
>>73345226
>Terminus
>having any interest whatsoever in female anatomy
who really is this?
>>
>>73345226
you really don't
>>
>>73345203
i wasnt too surprised because yamir's a verified Ambent Patrician
>>73345226
gay
>>
>>73345267
i just like the name :{
>>73345352
ye
>>
>>73345226
>satoshi kon is a HACK
Remove yourself from the premises

>>73345121
Still waiting that Barry Lyndon commentary.
>>
File: 6337380.jpg (119KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
6337380.jpg
119KB, 800x800px
why is this making me nostalgic
i've never listened to his stuff before
>>
>>73345537
>Still waiting that Barry Lyndon commentary.
what do you want to know

>>73345352
>yamir's a verified Ambent Patrician
who says this
>>
>>73345735
IPRB
>>
File: y23y46578.png (27KB, 310x221px) Image search: [Google]
y23y46578.png
27KB, 310x221px
>>73345352
>>
>>73345820
speaking of patricianhood you should check out october language at some point its good
>>
>>73345840
yeah it's on an upcoming chart.
>>
File: finlly.jpg (334KB, 640x613px) Image search: [Google]
finlly.jpg
334KB, 640x613px
>>73345871
>>
File: 2016 clearout 5.jpg (929KB, 3530x2572px) Image search: [Google]
2016 clearout 5.jpg
929KB, 3530x2572px
>>73345883
gotta get through my 2016 stuff for now though.
this is my next chart for after i finish this round of albums. i think i have an obsession with making these things.
>>
>>73345903
>second to last row looks sexy asf
>look up the albums
>it's all onkyo or EAI
i suffer
>>
>>73345955
poor attitude.
>>
>>73345955
pleb
>>
File: 1000.png (57KB, 631x357px) Image search: [Google]
1000.png
57KB, 631x357px
1000th

what should it be

>>73345903
This is a good thing
>>
>>73346030
>>73346030
telstar drugs
>>
>>73345903
So are you taking a break from music?
>>
>>73346048
how will rod EVER recover
>>
File: fish vs trip 2017.jpg (2MB, 1558x2700px) Image search: [Google]
fish vs trip 2017.jpg
2MB, 1558x2700px
hm
>>
>>73346150
ikr
>>
>>73346350
tortoise fits those requirements the best
>>
>>73346460
Hmm I already picked that before deleting my post. spooky shit
>>
>>73346460
lol is this animal crossing or smth
>>
File: blapplog4.jpg (2MB, 4176x1908px) Image search: [Google]
blapplog4.jpg
2MB, 4176x1908px
ayayay
>Telstar Drugs
trip you have great taste in guitar/sort of indie rock, everything you rec/love, i've loved so far. i agree that the guitar work on this album is fantastic, it was easy to tell from the first song, which is the strongest start to an album ive heard in a while. i love the sheer noisy, chaotic brilliance on here too. its great, good find trip.
3.5+
>Valium Aggelein - Hier Kommt der Schwartze Mond
fuuuuck this is awesome man. stratosphere is great, but this is even better. its so slow and psychedelic, its dense and powerful, its incredibly detailed, and overly emotional. its the best slowcore ive heard, probably.
4.0-
>Minor Threat
yeah, idk. im not as on board with this as everyone else seems to be. yeah, i get how influential and important this compilation is, but all the songs just feel very same-y to me, and it starts to drag quick. i guess i like my punk to be more pretentious.
2.5+
>Darren Keen - It's Never Too Late To Say You're Welcome
gonna be honest, i listened to this while I was half asleep, but i liked what i heard. i liked how spastic and off the walls it was, the sampling was done very well, and the beats were banging. in fact, all the percussion work on here was pretty good. the score'll probably go up once i relisten lol
3.0+

so what next
>>
>>73346600
Good onion for Minor Threat

Modern <3ers next
>>
File: police-chase.jpg (130KB, 1536x1000px) Image search: [Google]
police-chase.jpg
130KB, 1536x1000px
>>73346600
WEEEEEWOOOOOO
WEEEEEWOOOOOO
GOOD OPINION ALERT! I REPEAT: GOOD OPINION ALERT!
>>
>>73346622
lets hope they dont get <3 amirite hahahaha
>>
>>73346600
>all the songs just feel very same-y to me
they made one good song 20 times and it works. Maybe don't listen to grindcore/hardcore punk anytime soon lmao

>i guess i like my punk to be more pretentious
u heard fugazi? It's literally just pretentious Minor Threat

Also lmao at the half interval change between pic and actual score. 2.5+ is basically 3.0- I guess though

Good valium score though

I'm wearing a Modern Lovers shirt rn so do that
>>
>>73346794
>they made one good song
Yeah
>20 times
True
>and it works
Nah dog
>>
File: letov.jpg (899KB, 3060x2036px) Image search: [Google]
letov.jpg
899KB, 3060x2036px
Zank Frappa - Uncle’s Meat

Zim Zams’ guitaring isn’t particularly inspiring when he gets bluesy, but his more classical or jazzy parts are nice. Zappa’s chronic need to insert, for lack of a better term, quirky pop songs every couple of cuts is annoying, and so are his comedy spoken word tracks. I’m certainly impressed by a lot of the skill shown on this album, but it is very fractured. The early electric instruments vary from great to grating. The King Kong suite was the best set of tracks on here.

Index - Index
I feel like I recognize the coda to “Turquoise Feline.” Most of the tracks here are catchy and all, “Feedback” stands out as the most interesting with it’s very noisy qualities.
3.5+

>>73346600
do the swens
>>
>>73346852
lmao bih u think song cycle and Hawaii: Part II are 10s lmao gtfo
>>
>>73346794
yeah i heard fugazi and i love em so i guess that proves my point that i like pretentious punk more lol.
i havent heard much grindcore but what ive heard ive really liked. but what i liked in those albums is yeah the songs were short and samey, but they were just short enough and had enough differentiation and pummeling energy to remain captivating and fun to listen to. also i love husker du so idk i guess minor threat just doesnt click for me
>>
>>73346858
>Index
>3.5+

How bout just + another 1.0 to that there score boy
>>
File: IMG_3334.jpg (484KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3334.jpg
484KB, 1080x1920px
>>73346877
>>
Uhhh this tortoise might be 4.5
>>
>>73346966
stop you're embarrassing me
>>
>>73347164
/11
>>
>>73346048
god i wish
>>
>>73347164
torts i will give you a beatdown
>>
>>73347292
im not torts it was for a joke its a different man
>>
>>73333866
you guys know where all the cool kids went?
>>
>>73347365
There were never any.
>>
File: hahaWow.jpg (61KB, 702x386px) Image search: [Google]
hahaWow.jpg
61KB, 702x386px
: v)

I think what's interesting about the 1975, looking into Matt Healy specifically, is the conflict between what he sees as actual art, and the rabid adoration of his female fanbase-- for him, not the music.Healy didn't intend to generate this kind of audience, and some of the lyrics here are written to show that. Even when I'm sure 99% of quotes from the album, inscribed on the arms and backs of dozens, are improperly taken out of context.

With the stupid title of this new album, Healy seems to be giving himself to his rabid audience. He dresses ridiculously, strips his shirt and dances about like a twat (a label he drops on himself on "Change of Heart"), and is an outlier on pictures with the band.

The album itself has some outlier tracks. Quieter interludes like "Please Be Naked" and the title track appear to break up the arena anthems. "If I Believe You" takes a chorus and forces itself out as a synthpop soul ballad. "Lostmyhead" is a callback to the band's EPs-- resembling ambient pop more than rock.

This is the kind of album cloaked in pink sparkles and production magic, while hiding heavier ideas-- not an original formula (e.g. Passion Pit). But with the appearance of a Boy Band, and Healy's stuck-up, "i want to clock his face" British voice, this concept is further obscured. Healy is left to sing to himself, because to him, very few people are listening to what he's actually saying amongst vitriolic critics and wild fans.

Whether he's singing about the narcissistic and awful characters in he sees ("Paris", "Change of Heart"), observations on modern culture ("She's American", "Loving Someone"), the consequences of his new image ("The Ballad of Me and My Brain"), or even the death of his grandmother and depression his mother faced, ("Nana", "She Lays Down"), I think it's unfair to call this album purely vapid. The biggest issues is the structures and repetition of the songs themselves-- even when a lot of them are admittedly catchy.

6/10
>>
>>73347582
i hate this post.
>>
>>73347582
I can't believe I read the whole thing.
>>
>>73347582
you brave soul
>>
File: death.jpg (57KB, 434x426px) Image search: [Google]
death.jpg
57KB, 434x426px
>>73347582
i whole heartedly agree up until the third paragraph. as someone who has had to deal with a few 1975 fangirls, you are pretty spot on. but this album isn't good anyway. the repetition please be naked and if i belive you are fantastic, though.

>>73347691
oh please even by daily standards this is a short review
>>
File: 1480078667407.jpg (269KB, 600x908px) Image search: [Google]
1480078667407.jpg
269KB, 600x908px
>>73347582
>>73347626
mfw The 1975 same rating as Telstar Drugs
>>
>>73348077
just killed myself
>>
Lately I've been listening to these italian trap kids shamefully, can someone who doesn't understand the lyrics tell me how they sound to them?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3u_Hv0r49w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8krBjYo72vo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeNk3SBl5m0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1xbQVNGSPQ
>>
File: June Collab.png (3MB, 1680x2198px) Image search: [Google]
June Collab.png
3MB, 1680x2198px
not good
>>
File: 1497144718657.jpg (1MB, 2200x2228px) Image search: [Google]
1497144718657.jpg
1MB, 2200x2228px
>Ajilvsga - The Origin of the Chaul
Love the funeral atmosphere and aesthetic, not too amazed enjoyment-wise, however.
>Peter Christopherson - Time Machines II
Last track best track
3.5/5
>十四代目トイレの花子さん [Fourteenth Generation Hanako-san of the Toilet] - 真っ赤ナ トイレ
After the first track, I was getting ready to pan this album.. but then idk, it really clicked with me. My enjoyment could have gone both ways, because those screamo vocals are both kind cringy and amazing. In the end, I loved them.. a lot. However, it felt like there was a decent amount of filler in here where she would just be talking, so I'm a little hesitant giving it this rating, but damn the more traditional and non-filler tracks were awesome.
4/5
>Yuko Ikoma - Moisture With Music Box
I was smiling so hard when I heard "1ére Gymnopédie" on here, a classical song I've always loved. Actually, a few days ago I was at a friend's house, and he played this exact song on his piano.. weird how a song that I hadn't heard in a while popped up twice in the same week on separate occasions. Anyway, I have a huge adoration towards music boxes.. they're just so incredibly pretty (my sisters use to play them for me and I plan to collect them when I have my own place). I could listen to them all day.. I actually was smiling and nodding my head the entire time listening to this mainly because of how twinkly and warm it sounded. Who knew something so mechanical could emit so much emotion. God I love being alive.
4.5/5
>>
>>73345352
Spit out my water all over my bed, thanks.

>>73348331
Hype for the Sun Ra and Vasconcelos, expecting everyone to like the Ra and pana the Nana.
>>
>>73348621
yeah there's a lot of Questionable Stuff on this chart if i do say so myself
>>
>>73348666
do u say so
>>
>>73348934
depend, adult undergarment
>>
File: deletegroupmememer.png (24KB, 883x179px) Image search: [Google]
deletegroupmememer.png
24KB, 883x179px
whoa
>>
>>73348621
newfags are very impressionable huh
they probably think youre a jazz expert or something
>>
>>73349694
>>73348621
i feel like people are taking my post seriously when it should not have been taken seirously
>>
Post pics of your music setups/vinyl collections/etc., I want to see how hardcore you guys are
>>
>>73349828
Go fuck yourself
>>
is anyone else immediately hesitant to listen to an album when they look it up on rym and the top review is by seattle_junkie_queen?
>>
>>73350355
>caring about top reviews

for even more giggles, sort by Positive and check their userpage to feel validated about your taste
>>
File: download.jpg (2KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
2KB, 300x168px
Just listened to this album.

Logan Foster- Movements

Link: https://soundcloud.com/user-458364539/sets/movements

Thought it was a unique jazzy approach to boom bap hip hop. What do you guys think?
>>
>>73350399
t logan foster
>>
>>73350372
nah nah it's not that i care about the reviews, it's just fucking annoying to see the same guy pop up everywhere.
>>
>>73350399
i dont care too much for this logan

but i should say that you could totally sell this on a royalty free music site and make $$$
>>
>>73350452
better than sellmeagod, telephonejunkie or epithalamion
>>
Danny Brown - Old (2013)
>hardcore hip hop

Certainly his poppiest and most streamlined, but with Brown that really doesn't mean too much. It lacks the minimalist, confessive nature of XXX and the overblown, frightening qualities of Atrocity Exhibition, instead having a trappy a-side and a house-influenced b-side. The a-side is okay, but it's very basic, especially by Brown's standards. The Purity Ring-featuring "25 Bucks" ends up as the side's best track due to its memorable hook and performance by Brown, with the rest of the tracks falling by the wayside. The b-side is a whole lot weirder, whole lot more energetic, and a whole lot better. Brown utilizes his natural, deeper voice a lot on the a-side, and while some might prefer it, it doesn't hold a candle to the sheer character and energy his whacked-out, high-pitched voice has, and he uses it to perfect effect on the b-side. The beats take on a much more bouncy, energetic flavor, with a lot of influence from house, predicting some of the styles perfected on Atrocity Exhibition, particularly "Ain't It Funny". "Handstand" and "Break It (Go)" are both insane, with absolutely filthy beats and some off-the-wall rapping to boot. By far the weakest of his main three, but that's a testament to the quality of his work more than anything else.

2.5+
>>
Backlog Chart 9.png
3MB, 2296x2413px
>>73350791
Captain Beefheart & The Magic Band - Lick My Decals Off, Baby (1970)
>experimental rock, art rock

Here, Beefheart takes the deconstructive, dadaist nature of Trout Mask Replica and tones it down massively. This album shares a lot in common with its predecessor. It's weird, far-out, focused on the ramblings of Beefheart rather than the instrumentals, and it always sounds like it's going to fall apart any second. It differs in it's execution. The instruments may sound like they're about to fall apart, but they're much more tuneful and bluesy, and Beefheart's ramblings seem more cohesive and melodic. It sounds better, for sure, but the tracks are very obviously less complex and interesting. Still, there's a lot to enjoy here. It harkens back to Safe as Milk with it's bluesiness, and Beefheart is always really entertaining. Some of the song titles might seem like they're from a Clickhole article called "How Many of These Captain Beefheart Songs Have You Heard?" (really just "I Wanna Find a Woman That'll Hold My Big Toe Till I Have to Go" but it's still a thoroughly entertaining album.

3.0-

Angelo Badalamenti - Soundtrack From Twin Peaks (1990)
>television music, dark jazz

I've only just started watching Twin Peaks, so I can't really speak to this as a companion piece to the series, but on its own it's an effectively spooky and ominous listen. The sound is very kitschy, which definitely hurts some of the faster, swinging pieces, but the synths use on here really add to the atmosphere on tracks like the main theme and "Laura Palmer's Theme" (and, by proxy, "Falling" and "Love Theme From Twin Peaks"). The three Julee Cruise tracks are solid, but it really all comes down to Badalamenti. His melodies are spooky, his synth sounds are effectively kitschy, and the whole big flourish on "Into the Night" is legitimately scary. Guess I should watch more, huh?

>>
File: 2017 Chart.png (2MB, 1680x1800px) Image search: [Google]
2017 Chart.png
2MB, 1680x1800px
Snoop Dogg - Neva Left (2017)
>west coast hip hop, g-funk

Better than I'd expect a 2017 Snoop Dogg album to sound like, but this is still thoroughly mediocre all the way through. The main problem lies in Snoop, who sounds tired and bored. At this point, with albums like Bush and 7 Days of Funk, it's obvious where his talent and passion these days lies, so to hear him talk about gangbanging at this point in his career seems really phony and off. Snoop talking about how much he never left gets old really quickly too. The beats are decently solid, the generic trap bangers are generic trap bangers but the retro g-funk stuff is well done and not too derivative, and Snoop re-uses the "C.R.E.A.M." beat to pretty solid effect. To be honest, most of the features here do better work than Snoop himself, even if only getting Kendrick to do a little spoken word bit is one of the biggest missed opportunities in recent memory.

>>
>>73350852
Definitely watch more Twin Peaks, the first season in particular is fantastic. New season is way different and more like modern Lynch if you've seen any of his newer movies.

I think the use of the "themes" on that soundtrack is fantastic, songs like "Laura Palmer's Theme" and "Audrey's Dance" do a great job introducing different characters/scenes. I dunno I'm not sure how to judge soundtracks but it's a good one imo
>>
>>73350355
i used to be ambivalent towards him but the more and more i see him pop up the more i realized that he's just really, /really/ irritating.

>>73351305
yeah even though I haven't seen much of the show the themes are really evocative, and this is coming from some one that's mostly ignorant.
>>
File: Freedom.jpg (2MB, 1560x720px) Image search: [Google]
Freedom.jpg
2MB, 1560x720px
>I gave out three 1.5s on this round

I think that's a record. Well here's some quick thoughts in case anyone's interested.

New Aphex was cool, I've been getting back into his music lately. Mixes really mellow cuts with bonkers DnB influence but it's never gets overwhelming. Still frustrating to hear him bounce between ideas so much imo.

Lamb Lies on Broadway was basically everything I don't like about prog and it solidifies I probably won't like many more of the "classics" but ya never know.

New(ish) Badu was shockingly terrible despite some nice moments. Mostly made me want to listen to her old stuff or hotline bling. Felt lazy.

Billy Woods had a few awesome tracks but had some straight up obnoxious hooks (I WAKE UP AND SMOKE WEEEEED) which held it all back. Disappointing considering how much I liked his previous project.

Saturation was like Injury Reserve but with poorly used autotune and worse rapping. Waste of good beats.

Funk era Buckley has been surprisingly solid but not nearly on the level of his other material which I expected. Production can get corny but man dude had such a good voice.

Sam Prekop album was nice and cozy but I'm sure you all knew that from the listenalong.

Metallica was better than expected, nice thrash stuff.

I learned I still hate Opeth, it's basically two styles of music I don't like all that much mashed together that somehow makes every element worse. Ugh.

Dust was much better than expected too, reminds me oddly of a cross between Dino Jr and Soundgarden. Not sure if that's a good comparison but it's grunge that feels more alt-rock than anything - but in the best way possible. Potentially a grower.

Roman Candle might be my favorite Smith album, up there with Either/Or. I like the rawness of the recording, this simple style really compliments his vocals well. Seems like the darkest thing he made. Reminds me that I need to revisit his s/t

Anyway, that about covers it I think, gonna get back to the other chart.
>>
File: Hoooo weee.jpg (33KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Hoooo weee.jpg
33KB, 500x375px
>>73351563
Oh shit I didn't realize how terrible this formatting would turn out, sorry guys.
>>
>>73350852
Now listen to Xiu Xiu - Plays the Music of Twin Peaks
>>
>>73351649
already have, liked it quite a bit.
>>
Backlog Chart 9.png
3MB, 2296x2413px
Jack DeJohnette, Ravi Coltrane & Matthew Garrison - In Movement (2016)
>ECM style jazz, post-bop

Middle-of-the-road ECM release, not much to say about it. Ravi Coltrane is a solid performer, but he can't conjure up a fifth of the spirituality and raw passion his father achieved; DeJohnette turns in a decent performance that's screwed over by some less-than-stellar production; and Garrison's bass playing, while great, is almost too subdued. This all makes for a pleasant album, but a really, /really/ forgettable one.

2.0+
>>
Backlog Chart 9.png
3MB, 2296x2413px
Black Uhuru - Sinsemilla (1980)
>roots reggae

Another album full of rock-solid reggae from Black Uhuru. A lot more dubby production techniques are used than in Showcase, which gives the album a real cool, almost grimy feel. Similar to Scientist with it's use of electronics and its sci-fi influence, but so much more focused on the vocals, which are lovely. Michael Rose is one of the best reggae vocalists around, and he turns in a great performance here. A bit silly sounding at times with the weird production, and some songs are less-than-stellar, but otherwise a really solid album.

3.0-
>>
File: 4301783.jpg (56KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
4301783.jpg
56KB, 500x377px
This is catchy alright, sometimes unnerving

but it's shite music, even as sound collage

anyone that can operate a DAW could make something like this
>>73351585
formatting sucks when I don't add line breaks but I'm too lazy to add them anyway
>>
>>73352127
>anyone that can operate a DAW could make something like this
but you didn't
>>
I literally made a 10 minute vaporwave track using indeterminacy for my Music Theory final project, in half an hour

>inb4 someone shits on me for my Minimalism ratings
>>
File: IMG_2613.jpg (32KB, 404x406px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2613.jpg
32KB, 404x406px
>>73352197
Meant for >>73352131

But you know what

Maybe I should

Maybe I could put use to a bunch of abandoned projects
>>
File: Freeform Chart 7.png (2MB, 1560x720px) Image search: [Google]
Freeform Chart 7.png
2MB, 1560x720px
The White Stripes - De Stijl (2000)
>blues rock, alternative rock

The rare blues rock album where I actually like the bluesy songs more than anything else. The White Stripes style of straight-up alternative rock is really boring, it's just standard alt rock and nothing more. They do blues decently well, though. The first three tracks are absolutely scorching, and Jack White's guitar work stays great throughout, and Meg White's primitive drumming works perfectly. There are some bad songs that make me like this less than I want to, but as it stands this is my favorite of theirs, barring White Blood Cells.

>>
>>73351563
Roman Candle is absolutely one of Smith's best if not his absolute best. It's the one I find myself going back to the most and I've loved it consistently since I was like 14 which is super rare

Highly rec hearing whatever else you haven't heard by him including New Moon. His discog is scarily consistent.
>>
/daily/ is awful
>>
File: 1497428677584.gif (81KB, 588x588px) Image search: [Google]
1497428677584.gif
81KB, 588x588px
>>73353309
>>
>>73348077
yeah telstar drugs are worse
>>
File: 1868622.jpg (33KB, 500x443px) Image search: [Google]
1868622.jpg
33KB, 500x443px
I Crawled is giving me the weirdest hard on right now
>>
>>73345735
General impressions, thoughts on that fucking gorgeous photography. [spoiler]If you cried too when Barry's son dies asking for their parents not to quarrel[/spoiler]

>>73345903
wth is that all triangle-named album? Some Inuit shit?
>>
File: June Collab.png (3MB, 1680x2198px) Image search: [Google]
June Collab.png
3MB, 1680x2198px
not good
>>
>>73352360
based on that writing, kinda seems like you'd enjoy their debut more than albums 2 or 3, is that not the case?
>>
File: cover.jpg (57KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
57KB, 640x640px
>>73334026
shit I just realized you didn't get my rec, it was the last post of a thread so it's understandable

Sirconical - Waving at Planes
>>
File: 8.png (54KB, 518x566px) Image search: [Google]
8.png
54KB, 518x566px
>>73355902
Why are there two ratings? Its really confusing.
>>
>>73356651
it's really not
>>
deerhoof is playing a free show near me tonight
is it worth going or no, ive never listened to deerhoof outside of a few songs.
>>
>>73356651
3 people doing the same chart, trip in top right, co bottom left and rudi in the bottom right of the ratings slots, top left is the date.
>>
>>73356790
Since you're posting on /daily/ your time is probably not very valuable, so yes.
>>
>>73356772
>>73356801
Oh right, you guys have some pretty strange rating systems. Never seen a /4 one in my life, never mind +/-s on a /5 rating system. Not that I disapprove. Guessin' that Armenian Medieval spiritual music must be pretty snazzy, I suppose they were the first nation to adopt Christianity, after all.
>>
>>73357003
yh it's just because i don't really have use for a fifth score it's just bad/average/good/amazing.
>>
File: fish vs trip 2017.jpg (1MB, 1558x2700px) Image search: [Google]
fish vs trip 2017.jpg
1MB, 1558x2700px
eh
>>
>>73352826
Yeah I can totally see myself coming back to Roman Candle a lot. I think his rawer stuff is best but he's great when he goes pop, hence my Figure 8 rating lol.

Definitely need to revisit some more of his albums and finally work my way to From a Basement on a Hill and New Moon which are the only ones I haven't heard at this point. Dude seems crazy consistent at this point though
>>
>>73352127
>anyone that can operate a DAW could make something like this
music's gonna get really boring to you in a few years.
>>
>>73350355
I checked his profile now and he has Mac Demarco - 2 at 4.5 lmfao
>>
>>73357920
And? 2 is a great record
>>
File: OneForHere.jpg (1MB, 1862x1624px) Image search: [Google]
OneForHere.jpg
1MB, 1862x1624px
I DID listen to some non hip hop yesterday after how much of a mixed bag Diplomats was.

https://rateyourmusic.com/~Herbieguy
>>
>>73357987
no it's boring as fuck
>>
File: IMG_2217.jpg (15KB, 319x231px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2217.jpg
15KB, 319x231px
>>73357771
I should correct that statement to "anyone who has audacity could make this"

This was the first album I've heard that felt significantly low effort, even if I enjoyed what it was going for. Then again, I don't know exactly WHAT it was going for, because the only clues are the unsurprising track titles

So I'm experiencing a 50/50 mixture of admiration and loathing
>>
>>73358011
Start smoking cigarettes and you'll change ur mind

It's not boring tho, just chill, Mac has a great guitar style/sound, do you listen to much jangle pop anyway?
>>
>>73358140
Nah I overreacted a bit, it's an ok album in my opinion, just nothing spectacular. It's a good background album for summer times.

I used to listen to jangle pop stuff when I was younger but I just don't find the genre that interesting anymore
>>
Sup /daily/. Would anyone recommend me good classic jazz with prominent guitar playing? Bebop or cool jazz preferred. Fuck off with anything fusion. Thanks.
>>
>>73358343
joe pass
>>
>>73358047
>even if I enjoyed what it was going for.
you're missing the point. if you're listening to vaporwave for high effort creations you're in the wrong place.
effort doesn't matter. creativity and originality does. at the time, that was more or less the only record on earth that sounded like that.
>>
File: 2016 clearout 4.jpg (2MB, 3105x2540px) Image search: [Google]
2016 clearout 4.jpg
2MB, 3105x2540px
just wrote reviews yesterday, so i'm not really in the mood for it. here's the end results. ask me if you have any specific thoughts you'd want to hear.
on to this chart: >>73345903
>>
>>73355489
https://rateyourmusic.com/artist/qebr_s
>>
File: 2016 clearout 4.jpg (2MB, 3105x2540px) Image search: [Google]
2016 clearout 4.jpg
2MB, 3105x2540px
for any thoughts, just ask
>>
File: 1492762316386.png (56KB, 624x624px) Image search: [Google]
1492762316386.png
56KB, 624x624px
>>73358749
>>73358826
>>
>>73358868
any questions, just ask me
>>
File: 1492476187096.png (63KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1492476187096.png
63KB, 512x512px
>>73358954
>>
>>73358749
What's wrong with the titty ninja album?
>>
File: hm.jpg (59KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
hm.jpg
59KB, 700x700px
>>73358708
I wasn't saying it should be only high effort, I'm just peeved because it clearly was creative, but I don't know if that's what its intent was.

even though Im relistening to it right now in the morning instead of night and some of the tracks are growing on me (tracks 2, 5, 6, 8, 9), fuck me

I found some "trivia" in the comment section for an album upload on YT:
>Floral Shoppe 2 by The Darkest Future, actually created by DARKPYRAMID, is the answer to this album because, beside he didn't like it, he asked himself if people listen to vaporwave because of the music or just because of the presentation and publisher's popularity.

>DARKPYRAMID made his experimental album as "awful" as possible so he can prove his theory.

dis true?
>>
>>73358979
any,

>>73359024
it's shitty noise

>>73359153
>but I don't know if that's what its intent was.
>"do you understand, it's all in your head"
and yes to the second one. the darkest future is actually a fake name for HKE (owner of dream catalogue) and it actually makes the case that music shouldn't sound different. he made the album, it didn't get the reaction he expected, and he felt the need to type out an entire essay on why he's right. he's bad. don't support dream catalogue.
>>
>>73359153
>it clearly was creative
[citation needed]
>>
File: 88d.jpg (322KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
88d.jpg
322KB, 1000x1000px
>>73359277
This album makes the biker meme actually feel genuine, but I'm confused.

He made this album, purposely making the music while drunk, advertising it as a sequel to Vaporwave Album #1... because he believes "everything has been done" musically, presentation is the only way it'll be in the future?
>>
which rym users are the gurus of brutal/ slam dm?
>>
File: coop of good fortune.png (242KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
coop of good fortune.png
242KB, 800x800px
>>73359594
is this new twin peaks
>>
>>73359594
yes. that's why his last 10 albums have just been boring progressive electronic.
spooky speed racer is genuine. i know enough about the creator to say that.
>>
File: s437829402.jpg (16KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
s437829402.jpg
16KB, 500x500px
>>73359638
well that's fucking stupid of him

thanks for clearing this up
>>
why did /daily/ become such an annoying autistic shitposting fest?
please fuck off to /b/.
All of you tripfaggots.
Die
>>
>>73359892
since /mu/ became a board, desu
>>
>>73359892
sniff sniff please don't hurt our feelings :'( anon you are very rude sob sob :'(
>>
>>73359892
why did you become so rude, GivingBear?
>>
File: 2017-06_Jungle-June.jpg (700KB, 1879x945px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06_Jungle-June.jpg
700KB, 1879x945px
This "Jungle June" chart was a bit disappointing desu but here my recs nonetheless:

>Juaneco Y Su Combo
Perfect for people who wants to get into cumbia & their odd Latin rhythms. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfGgDBqCFTA

>Mike Odyssey - Jungle Odyssey
Exotica/novelty masterpiece: imagine a symphonic safari for 1960's kids who like TV Tarzan.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdfAYZ9Z2PY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO_eJCLByXs

>Divine - Jungle Jezebel
Fun & super catchy thx to Bobby O (writer/producer). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MH6FLJD21X8

>Masala - Jait Jungle
It's almost Amon Tobin-tier.

>Bow Wow Wow - See Jungle!
Great New-wave: literally Bubblegum Talking Heads. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-DbW8omVZQ
>>
>>73359920
No, /daily/ turned from useful idiots to just idiots.
Just recycling the same albums over and over again.
>>
>>73360092
sry we'll try to pick albums that other niche groups have recycled instead
its not like all taste is recycled anyway amirite guys
>>
File: IMG_2612.jpg (42KB, 500x491px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2612.jpg
42KB, 500x491px
>>73360092
All music has been done already apparently so it don't matter :•)
>>
>>73360110
>The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have.
/daily/ is not about having an unique taste.
>>
>>73360161
I don't know who you are, but you sound depressed.
>>
>>73360186
i dont know what you're arguing
people listen to new albums a lot here
>>
>>73360092
Hi neu.
>>
fuck im boutta bust
>>
File: 1494722074679.jpg (39KB, 640x470px) Image search: [Google]
1494722074679.jpg
39KB, 640x470px
>>73360507
>>
File: notimetochill.png (2MB, 1940x1940px) Image search: [Google]
notimetochill.png
2MB, 1940x1940px
do i do what now
>>
>>73360516
top left schubert
>>
>>73360516
None, they're all bad, delete the chart
>>
>>73360814
you're hurting rudi and jim's feelings here, please reconsider
>>
well, lets get into it
>Modern Lovers
good good. i like the picasso song and i like the hospital song. 3.5- ok cool

>"Blue" Gene Tyranny - Out of the Blue
Despite my excessive love for Doopee Time, I never really considered it to be my "perfect pop album." It's god tier Spector worship, with great touches of sound collage and turntable music, with an incredible narrative, but it still didn't hit the nail on the head for "perfect pop." Obviously, there is no such thing as a "perfect pop album", the same way there's no such thing as a perfect album in general. Humans will never make a perfect album, and if they do, then we can pack our bags and shut down everything, cuz at that point, music isn't worth making anymore. But that doesn't mean we can't have our own perfect albums.

This is Out of the Blue by "Blue" Gene Tyranny, an artist who is probably best known for his appearance on Private Parts, where he played those beautiful keyboards all throughout. The album has some stacked credits in terms of instruments on here and people on here. And its just a fucking top notch, magnificent, beautiful, beautiful album. From the moment this started, it was just absolutely sublime. First of all, Patrice Manget, the vocalist on here, fits the whole feel of the album perfectly, and delivers an absolutely stunning performance each song. Her vocals alone were enough for me to like this album. But what really pushes this album over the edge is the variety of each track, and the lush instrumentation on each of them. The first track is an 8 minute long pop ballad, featuring extremely dreamy moogs from Blue Gene himself, warm woodwinds, doo-woppy bass, a little section where everything speeds up and gets a lil progressive, with playful saxes flying over it. The second song is just a straight up prog-pop jam, kind of reminiscent of Zappa. Its the weakest track on the album, but still kicks more ass than most pop albums do.
1/2
>>
File: blapplog4.jpg (2MB, 4176x1908px) Image search: [Google]
blapplog4.jpg
2MB, 4176x1908px
The third track swings like an old soulful Gospel tune, and even utilizes the same chords you would find in one. It's absolutely ethereal. Theres only two people in the choir, and they still go above and beyond and deliver a performance just as powerful as a full choir. And the last track... it seals the deal. Very reminiscent of Private Parts, it offers 26 minutes of beautiful meditation, with all the gentle instrumentation of the past songs, and spoken word vocals, delivered by Kathy Morton, telling her experiences and memories of "B"GT. It's a hard track to put in the words, it just has to be experienced.
All in all, this album is absolutely exceptional. It's what you want Smile to be. It's the perfect pop album. I can't sing my praises for this album enough, its far and beyond the best pop I've ever heard, and very well deserves a place in my favorite albums of all time. I very well could be overrating this, and I'm about to find out with this relisten rn, but for now, I'm happy.

5.0-

well... whats next
>>
>>73360516
Any ae

>>73361002
ABBA or Curtis
>>
File: myeyes.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
myeyes.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>73361002
>>
File: IMG_4155.png (1MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4155.png
1MB, 750x1334px
>>73360092
>>73359892
Why do you bully? you should listen to the Harry Smith anthology instead desusenpai
>>
File: thatsamightyfinechart.png (3MB, 1960x910px) Image search: [Google]
thatsamightyfinechart.png
3MB, 1960x910px
>Frank Zappa - Roxy & Elsewhere
Kinda fun but mostly tedious. I'm all for some Zappa brand jazz funk, but the vocals and skits really get in the way of it. This record just has no momentum as a result. I could see this being fun if you're into Zappa's hip sense of humor, but I guess I'm just a stick in the mud. I prefer his purely instrumental material. Also the last track is an interesting concept, but since you can't see the people trying to dance along to the riff you miss out on the actual humorous component.

>Various Artists - Mono no Aware
A mixed bag of ambient pieces. Some good, some bad. Pulling off an ambient album from multiple artists is difficult, so I commend them for trying. I need more cohesiveness. Worth checking out though, there are a lot of great artists on here, including one of my recent favorites Yves Tumor.

>Sam Prekop - Sam Prekop
It's alright. It's easy listening lounge pop that sounds like a less interesting Tortoise/Jim O'Rourke with the vocalist from Pavement. The arrangements are super nice on the ears and you can really relax to this album, but it just leaves no impression and the vocals are so nondescript.
>>
>>73357140
How often do you guys listen to an album before you judge it then? I mean at the pace some of you guys are going it seems like you probably won't enjoy them as much as it becomes something of a chore rather than building on multiple listens, correct me if I'm wrong.
>>
>>73362064
do lp5 and dialogho
>>
>>73362183
i feel like once you hear enough music you can judge an album pretty fairly on one listen
>>
>>73362183
if I don't like an album on first listen, I'll give it a second listen and do some research on what others see in it. And of course if I think it's fantastic I'll listen to it repeatedly regardless

>>73362207
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/comp/basic-channel/bcd-2/
hey
listen to this now

its a good time
>>
>>73362183
once is enough to gather my thoughts for me and if i feel like im missing out ill relisten at a l8r point
>>
>>73362282
yeah im gonna get around to it at some point
the bcd comps have always been in the back of my mind but never the front
>>
>>73362373
thats how they always are for me too. its worth it every time i listen tho
>>
>>73362401
lmao im pretty sure i rec'd you BCD without having heard it im a gangster
>>
>>73362422
u damn snake
stick rec'd me follow the sound without hearing it and i love that as well
>>
>>73362064
also get on that AL-90
>>73362472
some things you can just tell are good by looking at them
>>
>>73362368
>im
>l8r
Do you type like this to save time so you can fit more music in? :o)
>>
>>73362596
no its bc im a lazy chode
>>
File: 1497143685680.png (11KB, 156x168px) Image search: [Google]
1497143685680.png
11KB, 156x168px
Wait, new to /daily/ but do you guys actually like escape from noise? That's such a good album!
>>
>>73362681
uh
why would we lie about that
>>
>>73362717
That's not even funny
>>
File: essential daily.jpg (3MB, 4231x6355px) Image search: [Google]
essential daily.jpg
3MB, 4231x6355px
Hey /daily/
I haven't heard a new album yet :(
Just relistening.
Feeling like shit today, which albums fit the mood?
>>
>>73362775
Any of the gospel stuff?

Portishead's Third is gloomy af so there's that too. *wink*
>>
>>73362775
Any of the Dogwander ones.
>>
>>73362775
future days if you want carefree summery stuff
van morrison if you want soulful folky stuff
townes van zandt if you want sort of nostalgic country
>>
>>73362806
I'll start with Third
>>73362807
I'll pick one of these afterwards
>>73362819
Van Morrison sounds most suitable

Thank you
>>
>>73362907
tip: you will hate the dogwander ones
>>
>>73362927
>>73362907
Ye, they're p shit. Warraw is listenable.
>>
File: IMG_0949.jpg (143KB, 408x341px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0949.jpg
143KB, 408x341px
Any rap dudes wanna tell me the name of a song based off a few lines?
I cannot think of the name but the words are stuck in my head

Hot like the grip of a pump
With one hop skip and a jump
We make your body fit in the trunk
>>
>>73363037
Seems like you're thinking of Nelly - Here Comes the Boom but it's not exactly like you described.
>>
>>73363037
why would you not just google the lyrics
>>
>>73362775
you give bad timing a 7 and great santa barbara oil slick a 4? i obv like bad timing better, but man I really don't get that.

glad you dug both of trip up's picks tho, they're both great. get on telstar drugs soon.
>>
>>73363073
>>73363102
Because that's not the song, it's way more intense.

The next part is
On fire tonight
Y'all retired tonight
Cause y'all rap like you ain't got desire for life
>>
>>73363177
Maybe it was just because I heard Fahey first.
I liked the instrumentation on Bad Timing alot more
>>
>>73363394
fair point, bad timing's definitely a lot fuller sounding.

have you heard any other fahey?
>>
>>73363443
no, it was my first, I haven't heard much music, as you can probably tell by my chart
I haven't heard much from the entire genre, however that may be called

Is there a Fahey album I could enjoy more?
>>
>>73363508
i love santa barbara to death, but it's not really the best starting place for american primitivism (the genre) or Fahey.

go for Fahey's debut, which started the genre itself; The Transfiguration of Blind Joe Death, which is arguably his most accessible; or The Yellow Princess, which is a good primer to his more experimental, long-form works.

for the whole genre, I think Leo Kottke's 6 & 12 String Guitar is a good introduction, it's one of the best-selling primitivism records for a reason. The Fahey / Kottke / Peter Lang split is great as well.
>>
>>73363740
Thank you! I'll try these when I find the time.
>>
>>73356360
never listened to it, actually. should rectify that soon.
>>
havent made a thread in a while

>>73363829
>>73363829
>>73363829

>>73363795
awesome! primitivism's my thing so i really hope you like em.
Thread posts: 314
Thread images: 97

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.