[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Blues

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 325723435123462345.jpg (119KB, 670x840px) Image search: [Google]
325723435123462345.jpg
119KB, 670x840px
I have to go to some blues event tomorrow and I know nothing about blues, so I just listened to this guy.
So it's basically just downtempo geetar music with harmonica and emo lyrics for old people? idgi
>>
I think this is the plebbiest thing I've read all week.
>>
>>72685394
fpbp
>>
>>72685394
educate me please dear patrician but I don't blame you if you deem me unworthy
>>
yeah nevermind sorry for my shitty thread board
I was hoping my obtuse statement about blues would bait a quick redpill on the genre, but I guess it really is just that dead
I'll just read the wikipedia
>>
>>72685484
I don't think it's worth your while trying. I'm just guessing here, but I imagine you probs mostly listen to modern music that relies pretty heavily on timbre and production as the main creative avenue?
I could tell you to go listen to Robert Johnson or something, but if you listened to Muddy Waters and:
>So it's basically just downtempo geetar music with harmonica and emo lyrics for old people
was your takeaway, I don't think blues music is gonna appeal to you.
>>
>>72685661
ok yeah that confirmed my suspicions that true blues enthusiasts are primary music theory and history buffs
>>
>>72685755
I'm not much of a blues enthusiast tbf. I like a couple of artists, but a lot of it bores me. The people who're great have a lot going for them in terms of how they phrase things, the way they bend notes to create dissonances, etc. It's really expressive and powerful but it's not like a "musicians music" in the same way something like jazz is. The harmonies, melodies and structures underlying it are notoriously simple and I can't imagine most people who're dedicatedly "blues fans" care all that much about stuff like theory or virtuosity.
I'm not sure about history buffs...Is knowing and listening to a lot of old artists the same as being a history buff?
>>
>>72685755
>music theory and history buffs

on /mu/? lmao
>>
>>72685755
No, I just like the sound of it.
>>
listen to this you faggoto
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-fD9fD61kA&t=10s
>>
>>72686173
Ah, the legendary Beano album. I'm quite surprised someone on /mu/ knows this exists.
>>
>>72686572
>legendary
> I'm quite surprised someone on /mu/ knows this exists
I mean, I get that we're all supposed to be just here to wank over pics of Grimes and Lavren, but if it's really legendary, it's hardly surprising that someone has heard of it.
>>
>>72686644
Don't forget where we are. Just a quick reminder:
>>72685546
>>72685995
>>72686373
>>72677143
>>
>>72685755
>primary music theory and history buffs
kek. not in the least bit. what music do you listen to in general? i'll try to give you recs and tell you the mindset to listen to it.
>>
>>72685348
Its music with guitars and its emotional whats not to get?
>>
I woke up in the morning
No woman
No money
I drink an alcoholic beverage
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.