[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Humanz NOT a complete disappointment?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 36

File: humanz-58d764b8657ad.jpg (22KB, 280x280px) Image search: [Google]
humanz-58d764b8657ad.jpg
22KB, 280x280px
Am I the only one who thought this album was 15/10? Though this album had like 10 fucking seconds of Damon himself I still believe this album was a masterpiece and possibly the best album of 2017 for me. Not sure if it beat Demon Days though.

Any other albums you have that wholly disappointed /mu/ on day one but you absolutely adore?

Maybe it's bias, considering I've been a Gorillaz fanboy some day one...
>>
>>72476376
I thought it was very good. Not as strong as Demon Days or Plastic Beach, but still a solid album.
>>
>>72476376
Stop creating a scale if you're going to break it. Cunt.
0/10 post
>>
>>72476376
Does Damon have a fetish for black people or what?
>>
>>72477150

This right here. It's not their strongest work but it's pretty damn solid.
>>
>>72476376
it's just you
>>
The album exceeded my expectations it's definitely better than the fall and plastic beach
>>
>>72477171
Yes he has.
>>
File: Ew.png (116KB, 460x248px) Image search: [Google]
Ew.png
116KB, 460x248px
seriously, fuck these things
>>
I preferred the aquatic theme of Plastic Beach, but space is the next best thing.
>>
>>72476376
lotta shit but there were quite a few gems
>>
I was disappointed. It's not horrible, but every time I try to listen to it the whole way through I end up getting bored and listening to something else.

I also realize that I'm partially biased because I wanted something to surpass PB/DD, but if this were to be the debut release of some indie act I still wouldn't be able to rate it any higher than like a 7/10

It's good if I'm in the right mood, a chore to listen to if I'm not
>>
File: 1491027133338.jpg (91KB, 750x479px) Image search: [Google]
1491027133338.jpg
91KB, 750x479px
i liked it a lot. my personal taste dictates my desire for more guitars and more damon, but i like what i got anyway.

also, every time i see this fucking album cover the faces are in different positions
>>
The last 1/3rd or so of this album is pretty lame and the bonus tracks are in the same vein, the good tracks here aren't enough to lift it above a 6/10
>>
I dunno. I did not like the features.

Then again, I think that this album was specifically designed for the newer generation and not the one that grew up with the s/t and Demon Days. Albarn himself said that he tried to filter the tracks on the album through his teen daughter.

One good thing to come out of this though is that I actually started liking Hallelujah Money and I hated it at first. I'll keep revisiting the album sometime later to see that maybe my opinion on it as a whole changes as well.
>>
File: LlxkRYZ6s49nG.gif (489KB, 300x249px) Image search: [Google]
LlxkRYZ6s49nG.gif
489KB, 300x249px
Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz
>>
>>72476376
I really like She's My Collar.
>>
>>72479342
me too anon kali was great
>>
Real disappointed in the leak that came out. Listening to a CD rip of the deluxe edition right now, and the difference is like night and day. The interludes actually make sense now. I hate The Non-Conformist Oath, and some tracks are just awful, but the album is growing on me. PB will still be my favorite for a while. I like Andromeda, Busted & Blue, She's My Collar, Charger, and a bunch of tracks from this album. Not my favorite, but growing on me.
>>
>>72477742
i would if i could
>>
>>72476376
ahhahahhaahaha holy shit stop you fucking faggot sage sage SAGE SAGAE not even gonna read your fucking post just gooooo back to indieheads and stay there until you pass
>>
Top 5 are Submission, Andromeda, Busted and Blue, Ascension and Out Of Body

There are some weak or strange songs but the majority of the album is solid with a very enjoyable first half; people will come around on at least a few songs for sure
>>
File: 0kGlj07I.jpg (42KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
0kGlj07I.jpg
42KB, 500x500px
>Charger
>Andromeda
>The Apprentice

Really enjoyed this album. Def not as good as Demon Days but imo it far surpasses PB, the Fall and S/T
>>
>>72476376

I'm with you my friend. I would even go as far to say it's more than AOTY, but I doubt anyone would agree with me... hopefully people come to understand and appreciate Humanz in time
>>
>>72479929

I mean, isn't that exactly what happened with Plastic Beach?
>>
>>72479913
I agree, I loved this so much more than Plastic Beach.
>>
>>72479960

Yep.

So many reviews for this album came out before the official release, and I can't help but feel like they were all just trying to beat each other to the punch, and get dem website hits from the initial rush of Humanz Google searches. Did they really take the time to listen to the music before they opined? Hmm.

There's so much to Humanz. It's phenomenal. It would take me way too long time to write out all my thoughts on why.

For the moment, I think the best way to approach it is as though it were a diorama of a party mansion. There's certainly a higher level of appreciation to be achieved by following its narrative from start to finish -- up the elevator -- but it can also be explored however one likes, like you were at a party and entering different rooms where different things are going on.

And don't be fooled by what appear to be its simple political themes (which are but one layer). This isn't just some anti-Trump pro-Obama album. It's a more removed and complex conception of the contemporary political zeitgeist.

I really hope that it eventually receives the critical acclaim it clearly deserves.
>>
>>72480142
No, it's literally "write your lyrics as though Trump won and it's a party for the end of the world."

This album is 'Several black artists featuring The Gorillaz'

Not to say there aren't good tracks. But there is definitely a lack of 2D vocals and maybe too much digitalization.
>>
>>72480189

That might have been the instruction given to the collaborators, but I think the album's production gives it more depth.
>>
>>72478867

>Then again, I think that this album was specifically designed for the newer generation and not the one that grew up with the s/t and Demon Days.

I can't help but feel this way about the album. I don't feel like I'm the target audience for this thing at all. Like, I get that it has a theme and an approach in conveying said theme but it does absolutely nothing to enthrall me. If Humanz is a bid to capture a modern, younger audience then I guess I'm getting old.
>>
>>72480214
Fucking this. Discovering Gorillaz in middle school when Demon Days first dropped and becoming obsessed with Gorillaz, being a white guy born in the 90s, I am NOT the target demographic for this album. In fact, it seems like this album was made with the intention of repelling my demographic (people who liked Gorillaz all these years). Makes me sad because of how enthralled I was by what Damon and Jamie did.
>>
>>72476376
the cover looks like a shitty Team Fortress short film made by sfm
>>
Any word on the tracks not present on the standard audio CD release? Can't be any of them worse than Halleleujah Money.

That said, enjoying the album although the tracks in general are all upbeat and hiphoppy, not much variation compared to previous albums.
>>
WHAT THE HELL GUYS, IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE BAD!
I'm at number 11, Andromeda, and up to this point it's a pretty fun album. I don't follow the lyrics and I think I don't really want to do this - please tell me, is it full of white guilt or sjw shit?
>>
File: mc.gif (2MB, 400x303px) Image search: [Google]
mc.gif
2MB, 400x303px
>>72480808
also checking them sweet numbers
>>
>>72480808

They're on Spotify. A lot of people seem to like Out Of Body though I personally think it's shit. The Apprentice is seeing some love despite the final third of it going down the same road as Ascension and Let Me Out (dat first two-thirds though). I personally thought Ticker Tape was one of the better songs on the album. Circle of Friendz is absolutely awful, don't feel bad if you never hear it. There's another track and interlude but I can't even fucking remember them.
>>
>>72476376
I enjoyed it. It has a lot of tracks I don't care for, but the moments where it shines are amazing. The deluxe version also has some great songs. I don't think there's tracks on this album I'd want to listen to on their own, though.
It's not for the people that like Gorillaz for their previous work, but I think that's what they're all about.
>>72480808
hallelujah money was good you cumguzzling faggot
>>
>>72480960
Thanks. If I knew I was going to get shafted out of some tunes with the physical release I'd have opted for a digital copy.

Time to check out Ticker.
>>
Too many features, overall boring
>>
>dude what if we made every track All Alone
>>
>>72481450

But much worse, for All Alone was actually good. Really though, it's more like a mix of All Alone's feature heaviness and DARE's club-friendly electronica direction.
>>
how the fuck did he even manage to make the bonus tracks bad.
He said he didn't have them be anything but deluxe because they didn't "fit" with humanz or something, but it sounds like the same shit.
What the fuck Damon. This is terrible.
>>
>>72481482
I want to add that I thought the latest blur album and solo Damon Albarn albums were both good.
This is just fucking terrible.
>>
>>72480169
cringe
>>
>>72481497
Everyday Robots is comfy as fuck.
>>
File: 23523.png (1MB, 1600x2123px) Image search: [Google]
23523.png
1MB, 1600x2123px
>>
Clint Eastwood
Gravity
Man Reasearch
Slow Country
19/2000
5/4
Feel Good Inc.
Dirty Harry
O Green World
Dirty Harry
White Light
Melancholy Hill
Rhinestone Eyes

Not a single song on this album deserves to be mentioned with the above.
>>
>>72481631
>no Latin Simone
pleb
>>
>>72481631
>White Light
lol
>>
>>72477171
It's even prominent in The Magic Whip album by Blur if you listen for it. However it's more a disliking for whites than anything else.
>>
>>72480169
>This isn't just some anti-Trump pro-Obama album

Your right half of it isn't and half of it is.

Also literally saying im scarred because Obamas gone that some cops are gonna shoot me and a man making deals with the devil is in office. The stuff that does get political is some of the most anti Trump pro Obama bullshit. Im sure Pusha T knows lots about politics we should listen to him.
>>
>>72480117
>>72477478

I get saying its better than the fall but holy shit saying this is better than plastic beach is fucking crazy.

Plastic beach has a couple of weak parts but the majority of it is great and i think is equal to Demon Days in terms of quality. Its different to it for sure but what they do works. Almost everything on Humanz just isn't that good.
>>
>>72480930
THE SKY'S FALLING, BABY
DROP THAT ASS 'FOR IT CRASH
>>
who /outofbody/ here?
>>
>>72481614

Nardwuar had it coming, beta cuck detected
>>
>>72481819
>QUE PASA
>>
Started liking the album more when I think of the album as a progression through a party tower by elevator along with 2D. Every song is a different floor with different shit going on. Sometimes 2D joins in, sometimes he's just hanging back with you.

Songs like Andromeda and Ticker Tape are like breathers, or stepping out onto a balcony.
Busted and Blue is like a last depressing breath of fresh air before you head back in to the insanity.

Songs like Carnival and Sex Murder Party are really crazy, lots of alcohol, drugs and general degeneracy.
Imagine Sex Murder Party as coming down from a crazy cocaine high with a massive hangover.
Have you ever been so fucked up, you begin to get scared? That's Carnival.

The bonus tracks are like the after party.
The song Out Of Body I find funny. Imagine coming of the elevator to a dark room where a bunch of people are doing some Satanic worship led by some slut. Then at the end, 2D is drunk and high and encouraged by everyone to sing and dance.

Last track Circle of Friendz, a bunch of drunk asses sitting around after the party is over yelling "MAH CIRCLE OF FRAAAAAANDZZZZ
(End autism)
>>
>>72481631
so wrong
>>
>>72477742
this video is hilarious though
>>
>>72483418

I like your analogy across the board, spirit friend

>Songs like Andromeda and Ticker Tape are like breathers, or stepping out onto a balcony.

Or like the ending of Momentz. Reminds me of being cooked on MDMA and going out for a cigarette after some ecstatic dancing

Busted and Blue makes me think of being alone at the party. When all the drugs are flowing through me and I have some revelation about how fucked up me, my life and the world are. 'I'm a satellite' condenses all my loneliness into this single moment, where I'm so high and so far away from everyone... it's beautiful and cathartic.

>Carnival
Captures the profound terror of a bad trip. I is -the- song about bad trips
>>
>>72477171
This is the worst meme, you 13 year old trumpfag.
>>
>>72476376
>10 seconds of Damon
When will this meme die? Humanz literally have more 2-D than Plastic Beach

(Humanz)
Saturnz Barz
Charger
Andromeda
Busted and Blue
SMP
She's my Collar
Ticker Tape

(Plastic Beach)
Rhinestone Eyes
Empire Ants
OMH
Broken
To Binge
Pirate Jet
>>
>>72483739
Not who you replied to, but Damon once protested a music festival because they didn't feature what he felt was "enough black artists"
Not that it didn't feature black artists, but that it needed more simply because they were black.
>>
File: AQbXm5i.png (638KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
AQbXm5i.png
638KB, 1920x1080px
WTF /mu/ told me this album was shit but then why are Ticker Tape, She's my collar, charger and out of body master pieces?
>>
She's my collar is legit melancholy hill tier
>>
File: stolen.png (220KB, 273x274px) Image search: [Google]
stolen.png
220KB, 273x274px
>listen to a few of the released songs
>think the album's not going to stand up to the others
>mfw Strobelite
>mfw Momentz
>mfw Busted and Blue
>mfw Carnival
>mfw She's My Collar
>mfw The Apprentice
>mfw Ticker Tape

God fucking dammit Albarn, why is this album so fucking good?
>>
I only like two songs in it (The Apprentice and We Got the Power) but then again I rarely like more than 2-3 songs from a single album
>>
File: 1475673082439.png (209KB, 363x431px) Image search: [Google]
1475673082439.png
209KB, 363x431px
>>72477478
>Better than the fall
Alright I can definitely get behind that considering that the Fall had Revolving Doors and that's about it
>plastic beach
What the fuck anon is this b8?
>>
Well atleast now that Gorillaz had their
>autotuned niggas

Album, and we got this out of the way, we can look forward to all the guitars in their next album
>>
>>72484305
Which will be in about 5 years.
>>
>>72476376
I think its pretty solid, but I'm not sure if its better than Plastic Beach, which was more diverse sonically which held attention better.
>>
>>72477168
autism
>>
literally a less good, more preachy version of plastic beach
>>
>>72477742
>do an interview
>last time you did something with 3d or holograms you actually did an okay job
>nah lets get some early 2000's stuff in there rather than using any of the new technology for this sort of thing
>>
>>72484264
even the fall is better than humnz
>>
>>72483747
You forgot Some Kind of Nature
>>
>>72481930
>he thinks White Light doesn't bump in the whip
kys
>>
>>72481631
>no Empire Ants

opinion discarded
>>
>>72476376
Humanz is the TLOP of Gorillaz.
>>
File: IMG_1085.png (219KB, 383x383px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1085.png
219KB, 383x383px
>ascension
>satunz barz
>momentz
>submission
>charger
>andromeda
>busted and blue
>sex murder party
>she's my collar

all great songs. probably the fourth best gorillaz album but still good
>>
>>72484878
then what line is the bleached asshole equivalent?
>>
>>72484932
charger is fucking trash I can't believe everyone likes it.
>>
>>72480930
>kill whitey
>muh cops are going to kill us all meme
>newblackkingnewblackkingnewblackking

Yes, it's never really the focus of any of the songs though. It just comes hamfisted out of nowhere. It's more like backhand sass at Trump as opposed to actually trying to have a clear message
>>
>>72481469
DARE the album ft. literally who sounds like a good description of this album
>>
All I see is plastic beach happening all over again.
Hated and then suddenly loved down the line.
>>
Better than Chris Martin. Follow the Best : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWs4oKKBjL9t0lsChG0couQ
>>
>>72485017
Plastic beach was my favorite album of theirs at first listen.
This just fucking sucks
>>
Better than Plastic Beach but not as good as Demon Days.
>>
This album has too many songs
>>
>>72485108
b8
>>
>>72484937
Not sure.
>>
>>72485137
four of them aren't even songs.
>>
My biggest complaint so far is the album has no character.

Every major Gorillaz release before this stood on its own and felt like the songs in the album actually worked together or at least lived in the same world.

This sounds like some shitty mix someone made for a house party. A live DJ probably has more vocals than Damon has in the album.

Hallelujah Money is extremely cringy and hard to listen to.

No idea how Danny Brown was convinced to touch this disaster.
>>
>>72485137
Ironically its the second shortest album minutes wise. Standard version for all of course
>>
Strobelite is great, but it sounds like it was written for Womack.
>>
>>72485191
>made for a house party
That's the point, it was literally made as an "end of the world party" album
>>
File: 1487430886119.png (53KB, 685x825px) Image search: [Google]
1487430886119.png
53KB, 685x825px
>>72476376
I loved it, doesn't quite beat Demon Days for me but it's a close second.
>>
>>72485220
I'm glad he decided to bring down the potential of the album to meet his theme :^)
>>
>>72483973
CLOCKS ON THE WALL TALK TO MOMENTS ON THE WRIST
>>
>>72485258
ok
>>
POLL TIME FAGGOTS

http://poal.me/tvm0iy

Which song is the best of Humanz?
>>
>>72477171
>>72483757
There's no confirmation that Suzi Winstanley is mixed, but again, Damon's wife and daughter are probably black.
>>
>>72485273
WATCHES*

my bad.
>>
It's about as mediocre as Demon Days, with Plastic Beach being only slightly better than both. I don't like this band very much.
>>
Where the fuck is the merchandise? I have a Plastic Beach hoodie, I want a Humanz hat or something.
>>
>>72476376
it is a little worse than plastic beach. I wish it had more Damon in the songs together with the guest artists and not simply guest artists alone.
>>
>>72484735
>>nah lets get some early 2000's stuff in there rather than using any of the new technology for this sort of thing
Are you an idiot? This is new technology that's being worked on
>>
>>72484994
If this was Dare the album, I would like it. I'm sick of you fucks saying this is like Dare.
>>
>>72482503
THE ROOF IS ON FIRE
SHE WET LIKE BARBARA STREISAND
POLICE EVERYWHERE
LIKE A NIGGA KILLED A WHITE MAN
>>
>>72481614
>the features were based on his daughter's taste in music
>his daughter listens to annoyingly pro-black memerap
JUST
>>
>>72484937
A lot of it, but I would give that award to Hallejuah Money, just cause of it's dumb "DUDE FUCK DRUMPF" message and how unaware it is on the reality of the situation the world's actually facing.
>>
>>72486531
If this was DARE the album, I would love it for the funk merged hip-hop sound. This album sounds entirely too new age hip-hop, like Damon looked at whatever rap album was getting a 10/10 on pitchfork and decided to mimic it without a clear sound in mind to potentially innovate it. Ascension had a great backing beat to lackluster lyrics, and Andromeda had some great production from DRAM (or at least I assume it's DRAM behind the production due to the similarities between the song and DRAM's usual output). Honestly the album would be better if it was more like Andromeda's production, which has a distinct Gorillaz feel but is also pushing something new rather than some busted ass rap cliches.
>>
>>72483418
This is awesome, dude. I too thought B&B was stepping out to breathe for a minute, and that SMP was a long stretch of agonizing comedown -- I hated this song at first, before I realized this

Also, fucking *everyone* ITT:
what do you all like so fucking much about She's My Collar?! It's my 4th least favorite above Carnival, Let Me Out, and Halfway to the Halfway House
>>
I like it except for the rapping
>>
>>72476376
I thought it was incredibly mediocre. Just a mixtape with the Gorillaz name attached to it.
>>
File: 1464368524335.jpg (54KB, 540x472px) Image search: [Google]
1464368524335.jpg
54KB, 540x472px
>>72479279
>Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz
Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz Circle of Friendz
>>
>>72487504
>what do you all like so fucking much about She's My Collar?! It's my 4th least favorite above Carnival, Let Me Out, and Halfway to the Halfway House
it's [spoiler] sexy [/spoiler]
>>
>>72487504
>what do you all like so fucking much about She's My Collar?!

It's got Damon, the vocal melody is interesting, the overall musicality is a little more interesting than most of the rest of the album.
>>
File: Capture.png (19KB, 442x429px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
19KB, 442x429px
>>72485314
>>72487504
Actually by the looks of it, people like Busted and Blue the most.
>>
>>72487949
>five people
yeah real representative census right there
>>
>>72476376
>Am I the only one who thought this album was 15/10?
I certainly hope so. Even I have more faith in the American education system than that.
>>
The album is bad but out of the body is like a combination of the new workout plan and ttthhhheeee pppaaarrrtttyyyy if both those songs were actually good
>>
>>72480930
ok, after andromeda it's a downfall. It's actually the only song I remember from the album. First half pretty comfy to listen to in the background. 5/10
>>
It wasn't that good.
It's not making me mad but I waited a good while for this shit and it just didn't live up to my hype.
The only song I legitimately liked was Busted and Blue. Out of Body Andromeda and We Got the Power are catchy atleast. Most the other shit was forgettable.
>>
>>72476376
It's a shitty album and you have shit taste. There's only like three good songs on the entire thing.
>>
File: sea.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
sea.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>yfw you heard Busted and Blue for the first time
>>
Please tell me I'm not the only one who liked Carnival.

Sure it could've been longer and have a bit of Damon in it but something about it just gets me swinging.
>>
>>72488691
>JUST LIKE A CARNIVAL
>GAME, JUST LIKE A CARNIVAL
>LAUGH, JUST LIKE A CARNIVAL
>JOKE, JUST LIKE A-
>SPINNING ME ROUND AND AROUND AND AROUND
>JUST LIKE A CARNIVAL

Why the fuck does it sound so epic when it's just a guy singing about a carnival?
>>
File: tumblr_mz96w7cO8p1rn22ico1_500.jpg (29KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mz96w7cO8p1rn22ico1_500.jpg
29KB, 480x360px
>>72487869
PIRATE JET PIRATE JET PIRATE JET PIRATE JET PIRATE JET PIRATE JET PIRATE JET PIRATE JET PIRATE JET PIRATE JET PIRATE JET PIRATE JET PIRATE JET PIRATE JET PIRATE JET
>>
Normies love it and praise its more politically natured songs so this is likely going to be the standard for Gorillaz now.
RIP
>>
>>72488881
Oh no gorillaz has political influences on their songs.

Did you retards never listened to demon days?
The entire album was plagued with political commentary and how it was to live on a post 9/11 world in the middle of the 00s
>>
>>72485191
100% agree with this post. I've never been a fan but this whole album lacks consistency and has way too much variety. The first half of the album is complete garbage. So many wasted tracks just so they could fit features on. Every song is just a single idea that doesn't go anywhere. I'm always excited for hyped releases like this even if I'm not a fan of the band. Total let down.
>>
it's a 7/10, no more and no less
>>
>>72488925
You don't understand the problem. Political songs on there own are fine, but there's a huge difference because the political songs in Demon Days were well written and so was 911.
Shit like Let me Out and others are terribly written and are Yoko Ono levels of on-the-nose.
Then again even without the politics the vast majority of these tracks are still god-awful.
>>
>>72488953
That's way too generous when only 4 or 5 of the songs on the entire album are stomachable
>>
>>72485191
>the album has no character
This is a great way of putting it. Gorillaz albums have always had a lot of character but this album goes so far as to literally remove most instances of the band's characters.
>>
>>72488981
There's no noodle singing (no Noodle isn't a black lady) and there's so little of Damon singing on most tracks that 2D hardly exists either.
No traces of Murdoc's instrumentation or Russel's drums, either.
>>
im still convinced that 90% of /mu/ has not listened to the album and is just spouting information from whatever memes they see
album is still a 6/10 anyways, pretty disappointing
>>
>>72489019
Then debate how some of the posts are wrong instead of just saying "everyone's just posting memes but it does suck"
>>
>>72489019
Why would you think that? It's one of the biggest releases of the year.
>>
>>72489012
The voice of noodle in DARE was Roses Garbor, so yes, she was already a black lady, Roses is also present in this album in the background.
Noodle voice this time around is supposed to be Kali Uchis

I swear you niggers don't actually know anything about this band
>>
Noodle = Little Dragon
4 lyfe
>>
>>72489037
>>72489039
complaints about lack of damon but still circlejerk over how plastic beach is their best/second best
>>
>>72486598
I'M JUST TRYNA FIND A BABY MAMA 'FOR THE NIGHT END
SO DON'T BE COMIN' ROUND VINCE
ON THAT BATTER RAM SHIT
ON THAT 911 SHIT
>>
>>72489075
I know that it didn't make a good album this time around, that should be enough.
>>
>>72489143
People shit on pb like there was no tomorrow on release.
/mu/ in specific kept going about how shit it was and how it was trying too hard and that the gorillaz zombie hip hop aspect was gone
>>
>>72489143
I think all of their albums are incredibly overrated. You can't deny that most of these track were just made to fit feature in.
>>
>all these people quoting the shitty songs in all caps
Easy way to find the Gen Z kids
>>
>>72489223
It's literally the worst thing about this board
>>
>>72489143
Plastic Beach has grown on me but it's still far from their best
>>
>>72484878
except tlop is actually good, fag
>>
>>72489215
>You can't deny that most of these track were just made to fit feature in
Damon has a long story of trashing a shitload of collaborations and completely changing songs, since he not only sings, he writes and produces.

Andromeda alone had like 3 versions, one that featured a lot more of D.R.A.M.
There was also a shitload of artists that were confirmed to be on the studio with Damon but didn't made the cut like the Hypnotic brass Ensemble or Snoop Dog
>>
Everyday Robots > Humanz
I know it's not Gorillaz but it has Damon's heart in it far more than this turd does.
>>
>>72489012
>No Noodle singing
People actually care about this kind of arbitrary shit?
Even Rise of the Ogre doesn't hide who the vocalists are and says Noodle was just lip-syncing over Miho Hatori and Tina Weymouth's vocals. The only time they ever pretend Noodle did any "vocals" is M1A1, and that's just the loud bellowing at the end of the verses.

I guarantee you if Gorillaz put out a music video tomorrow for Submission and had Noodle singing over Kelela's vocals, no one would give a shit about it "not sounding like Gorillaz".
>>
>>72489301
Ok what's your point? The songs are under developed and lack ideas. If I got Danny brown to come to my house I could give him a beat to rap over but that doesn't make it a good song. The star power doesn't carry this album anywhere
>>
>>72476376
what
the last time i was here everyone said how shit the album was, now everyone is talking about how good it is.
i dont like it its their worst material fuck all of you
>>
God, these threads are fucking terrible
>>
>>72489443
HEHAAHAAOOO rofl

***gives reddit gold
>>
>>72489400
>most of the tracks were just made to fit these features
>uh no dude there was actually an extensive amount of mixing and testing shit out where a lot of stuff didn't made the cut because these artists were not up to par
>ok whats your point the features don't matter
>>
>>72478867
>>72480214
>>72480638

I have to agree with you guys. I still love the album, but this is a bit of a far cry from people who basked in S/T and Demon Days. There are hints of that sound, but it's quite different. This album wasn't made for the OG Gorillaz fans.
>>
>>72483747
well humanz has almost twice as many tracks, and also the plastic beach tracks you listed have 2d and only 2d on them, there are only about 2 2d tracks on humanz
>>
>>72489513
Youre an idiot. I'm saying the songs are underdeveloped retard
>>
>>72489566
>2 2d tracks on humanz
which are?
>>
>>72484776
I can't tell if you're just trolling or your taste is this shit
>>
>>72489656
The Fall IS better than Humanz. It's overall far more enjoyable than this tripe and it was made on a fucking tour bus.
>>
>>72489730
I honestly hope you don't think that and that you're just trolling.
>>
Why do people hate Let Me Out?
>>
>>72489749
I can see where he's coming from. The fall is a more impressive feat than this shit
>>
>>72489749
If you think Humanz isn't the worst, you're a Gen Z subhuman.
>>72489759
Pusha T is a shitty rapper with uninspired lyricism.
>>
>>72489749
The Fall is genuinely better than this and I have difficulty remembering even a single track from that album
>>
I really dig most of the tracks on the album, there are a few lulls but it think thematically it works.

Personally I was really let down by Anthony Hamilton's feature, as I love his voice but it wasn't too great a track. Also De La Soul's track wasn't too great.

My only complaint would be lack of Damon / 2D voice, but that's just me, I think >>72483418 's idea is really solid.

I feel like most of the "not muh politics" complaints are from people who only listened to Ascension and immediately started trying to hate it after "nigga kill a white man". Learn to enjoy themes and opinions in music that you might disagree with, stop trying to safe space yourself. Damon even deliberately mixed out Vince's reference to Obama with a sound effect to make it less specific, chill.

Also remember that not liking a genre of music personally doesn't mean its shit inherently.

It's hard to call at the moment, only listened to the album through about 5 times so far, but I think Andromeda is my fave singe track.
>>
>>72489650
busted and blue and andromeda
>>
>>72489749
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Uh9_Z3AOTM&t=30s

Fuck off you dumb SJW cunt, the Fall is leagues above humanz
>>
>>72489871
>Learn to enjoy things you don't like
I didn't think the political stuff was anything too over the top but this is just a ridiculous request to make
>>
>>72489903
Stop shilling your videos cunt
>>
>>72489896
oh based my two fave from this album so far.

Saturn barz was good but the video helped with that a lot
>>
>>72476376
It's the production the mastering that ruin it. Same with 100% of all new albums from older artists that are popular.
>>
>>72489012
i thought she was the shrill voice on momentz
>>
>>72489923
it's not shilling, it's a middle finger to people like you who think humanz is anything but a dumpster fire. stop trying to hide behind 4chan lingo you fat fuck
>>
>>72489912
I don't think it's too ridiculous to learn to remove your personal biases against ideas or beliefs in order to enjoy a track on its own merits.

I'm not saying enjoy a bad song just because, I'm saying don't hate a song just because you ideologically disagree with the lyrics.

For instance I can enjoy Gospel music without believing or agreeing in theological ideas.
>>
>>72489871
good post friend. although I think Carnival and Momentz are actually two of the best songs on the record!
>>
>>72489749
Different guy and I totally agree. The Fall is cool and clever if a little boring, this album is just a bunch of pop-rap garbage. I thought it couldn't get any worse than Plastic Beach and then it happened
>>
File: 1486993314846.gif (879KB, 245x230px) Image search: [Google]
1486993314846.gif
879KB, 245x230px
>>72483418
I kind of like this interpretation. It'd make a whole bunch of the interludes make sense, especially the intro. I still don't think the album is as clean as Demon Days is but I do think this is gonna grow on some people. While it's not the album I wanted them to make, I can't deny myself when I feel like dancing to several tracks on here.
>>
>>72489986
You just defined shilling.

>4chan lingo
>>>/r/4chan
>>
>>72489991
>Learn to enjoy themes and opinions in music that you might disagree with
sounds a lot different than what you're saying now
>>
>>72489996
I don't think Carnival wasn't a bad song at all, but when I saw Hamilton's name as the feature I got excited cuz he excels at that country twang type of voice, I guess I was just expecting something more like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOkK7SUjdOA
>>
The album is way too poppy and has too many features for my taste. The beats were relatively basic for a Gorillaz album.
It actually kinda reminds me of DAMN., because it's a really good artist/band making a poppier album, so more heads would turn on said artist/band, and both of them were released very closely. The difference is, though, Kendrick didn't sacrifice as much substance, and made a decent album, but Gorillaz tried to be as poppy as possible, and didn't sound like themselves at all. It's one of their worst albums. Don't understand why everyone's praising it all of a sudden.
>>
>>72490064
ah, I get ya. Yeah it's certainly a weird use of him, though I've come to appreciate it on repeat listens. Wonder if he's on one of the unreleased tracks that suits that style more.
>>
>>72477171

hip hop is undeniably the dominant genre of the 2010s its just in keeping with previous gorillaz albums
>>
>>72490026
you define shilling by existing
>>
>>72490105
yeah I should have rephrased that.

Carnival is a dope track on its own, I just expected something different, but that's my own fault.

>>72490049
I don't follow your meaning
>>
I listen to both the original album and the deluxe and honestly I'm disappointed out of the 26 tracks there are 10 tracks that I would consider decent too good it feels like when they were releasing singles they were just releasing the best tracks on the album because other than a few select tracks the rest of this shit is boring and forgettable
>>
File: 2un9fsbmjsny.jpg (10KB, 520x289px) Image search: [Google]
2un9fsbmjsny.jpg
10KB, 520x289px
>>72490101
Only the first half of the album with Strobelite, Saturnz Barz, Andromeda, Submission and maybe Ascension fit the definition of poppy.

Otherwise I'd call it a banger-heavy record but maybe not all that poppy honestly. Momentz which is likely gonna be the next music video doesn't even sound remotely as radio friendly as Stylo, Feel Good Inc. or On Melancholy Hill.

Plastic Beach is still their poppiest album. Not that that's a bad thing. If anything, Humanz could've stood to use more pop melodies in it, or instead just doubled down on the more expeirmental shit on the second disc.
>>
I actually really like Let Me Out. Easily my favorite of the more niggery tracks.
>>
File: 1458231274693.gif (2MB, 190x300px) Image search: [Google]
1458231274693.gif
2MB, 190x300px
>>72489536
>album obviously isn't targeted to towards those who enjoyed s/t and DD
>people come to defend gorillaz with meme responses saying that it's the same Gorillaz as before
You can always tell these people started with Gorillaz after listening to Plastic Beach when the heard about the new band Gorillaz is releasing a new album 2017
>>
>>72477171
Dude, he named his band "Gorillaz"
>>
>>72489903
Who said anything about me being an SJW? The Fall is impressive considering they made it while on a tour bus, but it was actual dog shit.
>>
>>72490531
no, humanz is dogshit like your taste
>>
>>72490447
Only because Liam Gallagher called Blur a bunch of monkeys
>>
>>72490564
Okay namefag
>>
>>72490580
>Blur a bunch of monkeys
Probably because they have a literal ape playing Drums for them
>>
>>72476376
I didn't mind it. Even if Ascension, Saturnz Barz, Andromeda, and We Got the Power
>>
>>72489759
4chan doesn't care about ghetto problems.
>>
>>72490590
okay damon
>>
File: 1488497919683.png (569KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1488497919683.png
569KB, 2000x2000px
>>72481631
>no Every Planet we Reach is Dead
>>
I kinda wish this cut made the album

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-3WDCyfio8
>>
>>72490869
way better than the original
>>
So, do we all agree that she's my collar is amongst the best of gorillaz like clint,feel good or dirty harry?
>>
File: FinnAAAAAA.jpg (73KB, 794x643px) Image search: [Google]
FinnAAAAAA.jpg
73KB, 794x643px
>Momentz
>tfw the beat kicks in
>>
>>72490948
I think if any track on this album meets that distinction it's either going to be Momentz or Andromeda - hell possibly even Saturnz Barz, I can't get that fucking chorus out of my head.

[spoiler]though as a personal opinion I do rank She's My Collar as one of their best, yes[/spoiler]
>>
>>72490972
CLOCKS ON THE WALL
TALK THE WATCHES ON THE WRIST
>>
File: melonhead mcfuckface.jpg (116KB, 640x438px) Image search: [Google]
melonhead mcfuckface.jpg
116KB, 640x438px
What's he gonna rate it, /mu/?
>>
Why all the musics that 2-d have a big role are much superior than the songs where he doesn't?
>>
>>72490948
If you think any track on this album or Plastic Beach was close to what Clint Eastwood or Feel God Inc. did, I'm seriously wondering what's wrong with you. Or you just probably started listening to Gorillaz at Plastic Beach.

Clint Eastwood and especially Feel Good Inc. received a shit ton of attention through radio and music video play. Feel Good Inc was on the radio and TV pretty much every time you turned it on. These songs turned normies heads everywhere. Everyone knew these songs, even if you didn't like the Gorillaz. Fuck, even my mom would sing along when Feel Good Inc. came on the radio, and that's saying something.
>>
>>72491128

Give it time, radio exposure and a music video and its gonna be popular
>>
>>72484735
The cg animation in phase 3 was actually really good, not even "for the time", just really good
>>
Least good album so far 7.5/10
>>
>>72485258
>HQ crystal studio production
>powerful soul choir vocals
>constantly switching styles to up the diversity
>"IT'S NOT BUTT ROCK OR 90S HIP HOP SO IT DIDN'T MEET IT'S POTENTIAL WAAAAH"

Go back to listening to Feel Good Inc on loop please
>>
>>72491218
That's the thing, Clint Eastwood and Feel Good Inc. didn't need time. They spread like fire as soon as they dropped. You could tell when you first heard them that they were a big deal.
Nothing like that on Humanz for sure. I'm still liking it and I love Plastic Beach, but nothing the Gorillaz have released from their last three albums holds as much power as Clint Eastwood or Feel Good Inc.
>>
File: christine weston chandler.png (172KB, 286x254px) Image search: [Google]
christine weston chandler.png
172KB, 286x254px
>>72488874
Super fast jellyfish, Super fast jellyfish, Super fast jellyfish, Super fast jellyfish, DON'T WASTE TIME, Super fast jellyfish, Super fast jellyfish, Super fast jellyfish, Super fast jellyfish, Super fast jellyfish, Super fast jellyfish, Super fast jellyfish, Super fast jellyfish, DON'T WASTE TIME, Super fast jellyfish, Super fast jellyfish, Super fast jellyfish, Super fast jell
>yfish, Super fast jellyfish, Super fast jellyfish, Super fast jellyfish, Super fast jell

yfish, DON'T WASTE TIME, Super fast jellyfish, Super fast jellyfish, Super fast jellyfish, Super fast jellyfish,
>>
>>72480960
Don't talk shit about the best song on the album cuckboi.
>>
File: 1459941383429.png (64KB, 193x162px) Image search: [Google]
1459941383429.png
64KB, 193x162px
>>72491041
I'm expecting a strong 6 to a light 7

He liked Ascension and Let Me Out, implied on Twitter that he loved Charger and much of the album is full of "banger beats". The songs he didn't like are outliers. He'll probably dock points from it for the same reason he docked points off of DAMN.
>>
>>72491334
I think you need to give up hope that Gorillaz will ever put out a "Feel Good Inc" or "Clint Eastwood" again or that they even have to. You don't need an overexposed single like those to provide good music. Plastic Beach was considered a great album and got plenty of exposure just off of Stylo. This is no different, especially since it's got more "hip" artists behind it.
>>
File: epcCV0z.jpg (35KB, 453x500px) Image search: [Google]
epcCV0z.jpg
35KB, 453x500px
>>72491041
>watching anything other than his 2nd channel
>>
>>72476376
I like a good amount of the song but the lows are so fucking low. Its really obvious that a lot of the features were just phoned in.
>>
>>72491469
[blending]
>YEAH
[blending]
>YEAH
[blending]
>YEAH
[blending]
>YEAH
[blending]
>YEAH
>>
File: 018.jpg (24KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
018.jpg
24KB, 512x512px
>>72490118
>>
>>72481631

and none of those deserve to be mentioned with aspen forest
>>
>>72476376
It wasn't a perfect album, but I loved it for the most part. The worst thing to say about it is that it's bloated as heck.
>>
>>72491469
no joke his meme reviews are his best content, I love how he knows this too and it's killing him inside
>>
>>72491589
It's better than I expected, but worse than I hoped.
>>
>>72491589
>bloated as heck
this desu

There's a few songs I love and a decent amount I like well enough. Then there are a bunch I could give a shit about.
>>
>>72484786
Lou Reed did the vocals for Some Kind of Nature?
>>
>>72491589

This

Too many autotuned niggers
>>
>>72476376
I fucking love Out of Body after listening to it a few times?

Why does this keep happening with Gorillaz tracks?
they just get better over time
>>
>>72491589
There's only autotune on one

Unless that's the joke
>>
>>72491762
I want /pol/ to leave.
>>
This album was awful nothing skillful in any of these songs, and none of the songs were pleasuring to the ear.

Really just bad music.
>>
>>72491886
shit bait
>>
>>72481631
>some kind of nature
>every planet we reach is dead
>dont get lost in heaven
>demon days
>empire ants
>broken
>kids with guns
>november has come
>latin simone
>new genius
>rockit
And there are probably some I forgot.
Get out of here lil' baby boy
>>
>>72489790
This. I want to like Let Me Out, but Pusha T is shit.
>>
>>72483418
this is the gayest shit ive ever read
>>
>>72491938
You put fucking 'Rockit'? You're fucking blah blah, blah blah blah.
>>
>>72481631
>no Rock the House
>no Tomorrow Comes Today

kys plebeian
>>
>>72491467
Never said I am holding out for that.
Just that nothing has been as big as Clint Eastwood or Feel Good Inc. was.
>>
>>72492044
Do something about it then, you nigger.
>>
I'm officially addicted to The Apprentice lads.
Shame you have to get the deluxe edition to hear it
>>
HUGE Gorillaz fanboy here, I fucking love the album. It's so good.

I don't like Ascension or sex murder party too much but they're ok
>>
>>72481631
>>no El Mañana
kek
>>
>>72483418
Fucking awesome interpretation
>>
>>72483418
I literally cant refute this
>>
>>72481614
i tried to imagine being this obsessed but i couldnt
>>
>>72483418
So is Ascension like the lobby? He literally says "we're going up" or something like that lol
>>
>>72483418
this is actually pretty good..
>>
>>72492429
Sex Murder Party is great, but you're right about Ascension. It's just a generic west coast rapper with pretty tame lyrics. The only worse song is Saturnz Barz feat. autotuned Jamaican.
>>
>>72492398
>ywn be a mirror
>ywn be a broken screen
>ywn be a mad routine
>>
The worst part about this album was seeing how prevalent the TRUMP IS LITERALLY PERFECT LMAO KEKS DONT REALIZE HE HAS POWER OF KEK is on /mu/ when its dying fast even on /pol/
>damon being a cuck for doing what hes always done because its the current year
you guys are literally bizzaro sjws, congrats
>>
>>72491756
Not the chorus.
>>
File: Untitled.png (195KB, 357x430px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
195KB, 357x430px
>2D singing voice: beautifully dark and smooth with a slight accent

>2D speaking voice
jUSsA pEppUhmInT TeA fuh mae
>>
>>72493013
>slight accent

go listen to Chargers again
>>
>>72481631
Hallelujah Money is one of my favorite. I'm glad they began everything with it or else I would have lost all faith early on.
>>
>>72493052
A-CHA CHA CHA
>>
File: giphy (5).gif (634KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
giphy (5).gif
634KB, 500x300px
>>72492925
I don't get it. Damon wanted to make an album that was about humans reacting to a "world changing event", and in narrative terms it's about people throwing a party during the end of the world. Say what you will about the sound itself but that's an incredibly "Gorillaz"-type idea after an album about environmental deterioration, and even if you don't subscribe to the political leanings of Damon or his collaborators they never treat it as anything more than contemplative on only one or two tracks.

The social osmosis behind Damon's given context was so palatable that it didn't matter whether or not he was "right" about it, you could substitute his "world changing event" for anything. Busted & Blue is probably the most central tune on the album for that reason - it's the midway shift when the album moves away from it's glitz and glamour to contemplate on the world, whether it's fictional or not.
>>
File: Capture.png (34KB, 440x741px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
34KB, 440x741px
Posting results from the favorite song poll.
>>
I'm 100% certain that months from now people are going to consider Momentz a classic and essential Gorillaz track.
>>
>>72493524
Do we know which songs are getting videos yet?
>>
>>72493524
Plastic Beach was hated a lot. Now it's everyone's second or favorite album.
>>
>>72493696
Nah - if we'll even get any more. They said Saturnz Barz was expensive as fuck to make. Might get one more if someone funds it, at least we're getting the TV series.
>>
>>72493524
I love it tbqh
>>
>>72483418

I get all this from the album, I just don't think it's compelling at all. That's probably just me though considering my social anxiety. Parties make me depressed so why the fuck would I want to listen to an album where I am in one? Sounds like hell to me.
>>
>>72492398

The Apprentice is great until its back third, and I say this as someone who generally hates the album. Ticker Tape is pretty good, though.
>>
>>72493524
>>72493909
I really like it too; it might be my favorite of the album.

But a lot of the reviews I'm seeing are shitting on it. I guess people were overly excited by Del La Soul; Spin literally said they were expecting Feel Good Inc part 2.
>>
>>72492138
>tomorrow comes today not vastly above the rest in the first place.
>>
>>72481631
>no El Manana
Fucking kill yourself, you retard.
>>
>>72484994
The album had some great artists featured, unfortunately the features just weren't very good.
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/Showerthoughts/comments/68cz0e/we_are_probably_going_to_talk_to_aliens_over_the/

this dude is fuckin with me
>>
ok, everyone, what's you're top 10 "underrated" gorillaz songs?

in no particular order:
>Left Hand Suzuki Method
>Mr. Softy's Balloon Race
>Aspen Forest
>Some Kind of Nature
>Pirate Jet
>Last Living Souls
>TMurdoc is God
>Bill Murray
>Highway (Under Construction
>Double Bass
>>
>>72495287
Hong Kong is severely under-rated
>>
>>72485220
>It's supposed to sound like shit guys
>>
>>72495250
im really stoned this is the best album ive heard in a long time. it FLOWS

GRAMMMYY BAY BAY
>>
>>72495250
wtf is this
>>
>>72495250
wtf is this ?
>>
>>72495250
is uh wtf ahhhh??!?!?
>>
>>72495250
UHHH WHAT IS THIS?
>>
>>72495436
>>72495423
>>72495406
>>72495383
>>72495250
pls go
>>
>>72495436
>>72495458

UHHH WHAT IS THIS?
>>
>>72495471
>>72495436
UH WHAT IS THIS
>>
>>72495250
Get me in the screencap
>>
>>72495505

>>72495505
>>
>>72495525
YES I THINK THINK OF EVERYTHING
>>
>>72495513
>>72495545
>>72495527
Get me in screencap
>>
>>72495250
is uh wtf ahhhh??!?!?is uh wtf ahhhh??!?!?
>>
>>72495580
different dimensions
>>
>>72495596
>>72495580
>>72495554
the he(]< is this
>>
this spamming is almost as bad as Humanz
>>
>>72495926
no
>>
>>72495926
spam is a dimension

do you think people can be a virus on the internet?
>>
>>72495926
he(]<

h e c k
>>
>>72476376
Humanz greatness is all thanks to Noel Gallagher
>>
File: 1492558711556.gif (2MB, 500x251px) Image search: [Google]
1492558711556.gif
2MB, 500x251px
>>72495926
i like it
>>
>>72496337
REGURGITATE
>>
>>72486906
I think it's pretty aware.

"Guys things from the far east are coming to get us ahhhh build walls hallelujah money"
>>
yeah this is a very political album

but's saying alot how albums are already being talked about trump.
>>
>>72495926
that's rich coming from you
>>
Are the busted and blue snaps a sample of moments in love by art of noise? Because they sound almost identical.
>>
hehe look what i started
>>
>>72496805
just because you have shit taste in music doesn't mean I'm spamming
>>
>>72496337
the spam?
>>
>>72488874
Best song on that album
>>
>enjoyed humanz for the most part
>still taken out by the fact that damon probably believes the dindus when they say "trump is the end for people of color"

I mean observing people talking nonsense fits with a narrative akin to >>72483418, but a big part of Gorillaz for me was the political spin on things at least making sense. Observing people chimping out over trump is one thing, but I can't help but feel like he thinks the chimping out is appropriate.
>>
>>72497691
[Verse 1: Pusha T]
Mama Mavis, oh
Mama, they tried my patience
Obama is gone, who is left to save us?
So together we mourn, I'm praying for my neighbors
They say the devil's at work and Trump is calling favors

what did gorillaz mean by this?
>>
Lol it's like plastic beach all over again. Just wait till the plebs get filtered out.
>>
>>72497910
I'm glad english is not my native tongue, so most lyrics in music are only another sound.
>>
>>72483418
this is good
>>
Let me Out sounds good with the censors. I didn't even know that they were censors at first listen since I went in completely blind. I think it sounds good with the censors
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.