[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/daily/ - Prog Metal and Crunkcore Edtion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 327
Thread images: 71

File: 1461239202824.jpg (445KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1461239202824.jpg
445KB, 1000x1000px
Get Crunk *djents*

The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.

>make charts
https://www.neverendingchartrendering.org/

>listen to tunes
https://plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel

>templates/listenalong schedules
http://dailymu-sic.weebly.com/

>discord
https://discord.gg/8exuEmG

Previously, on /daily/: >>72437977
>>
File: ThinksYouReallyMake.png (308KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
ThinksYouReallyMake.png
308KB, 480x480px
Woolite's taste is MMMMMMM

>A Winged Victory for the Sullen - Self titled
>Ambient

Nils Frahm, a wonderful minimalist pianist. Peter Broderick, on violin with a large discography behind him. Dustin O'Halloran, a composer of film and open space. Adam Braynbaum Wiltzie, one half of Stars of the Lid. Amongst many others, impressionist pieces grab like foam from the sea, teetering on the line between ambient and modern classical. There are no overwhelming electronic effects coming into play, or little disturbances to constantly rouse the ear. Each track has its say, and quietly steps out of the way for the next.

I've mentioned before, how the line between background music and attentive listening for a listener is very hard to find in a great ambient album. Another great thing about ambient albums is the listening aspect for its audience. This could be a memory of another person, the crushing defeat of having to turn and go home, or a bunch of sad sounding chords that couldn't possibly make you feel any better.

An obvious criticism for this album is that it's basically film music without a film. And that'd be correct-- but think about the purpose of a film soundtrack. To paint the mood of a scene, to set off a mind signal that "this is what is occuring right now."

Some ambient albums do paint with the cover art, the track titles, an envisioned idea by the artist: I think the strength of this album is it's ability to mean something not so easily expressed by words, and it does that by being beyond a few notes.

7/10
>>
File: WooliteDrone.png (3MB, 2416x1372px) Image search: [Google]
WooliteDrone.png
3MB, 2416x1372px
>>72457613

>Apollo Brown - Clouds
>Instrumental Hip Hop, comfy-core

Smooth as butter, and much better than my first real listenthrough of an instrumental hip hop (tomppabeats - Harbor). These tracks have much more substance to them, as well as some exceptional sampling of actual instruments instead of just looped voices.

There's honestly too much ground to cover with all the tracks, yet somehow it manages to end at 50 minutes in length. This is something that you can listen to in one go or in small pieces.

Not one bad moment, but even after 20 tracks of warm beats, it does get a little stale. The replayability is a major plus to counteract that.

8/10

>New Order - Low-Life
>Synthpop, New Wave

Picks up something that Abba set down with their last studio album. The 80's keyboard really cheese it up, but the album still delivers very consistent pop tunes while (sort of) holding up today. Bernard Summer' vocals have a good amount of charm, because he doesn't try to sound perfect. That doesn't always work-- the chorus of Face Up was leaning more towards punk.

Maybe listen to Cut Copy - Zonoscope if you like this album.

7/10
>>
File: 1421269787983.jpg (237KB, 851x788px) Image search: [Google]
1421269787983.jpg
237KB, 851x788px
Sorry if I ruin this thread with my wall of text. I already ruined these threads beyond repair though so who cares I guess:

>Freddie Hubbard - Straight Life
I fuck with this so hard. “Red Clay” has to be one of my favorite jazz albums from this era. Unfortunately, it’s unavoidably top heavy, and the first track is no doubt outshines the rest easily. If you could say that album, “Sing Me A Song of Songmy” and this release were related, they would easily be one of the best trilogies in music. The performances are top fucking notch, and this release in particular is amazingly consistent and smooth in quality. It’s one of those pure-feeling fusion albums that are so rare. It’s not overt in it’s of-the-time-ness and not tied to roots or convention. It’s a perfect…fusion…for lack of a better word. Loved this.

>Solid Space - Space Museum
Yeah okay I fucks with it. Skeletal shit that’s basically all you need for a good album. It’s nothing surprising or jarring, it’s just nearly everything I’m looking for. Looking forward to falling in love with this even more in the future, I just hope I can get over the sort of mediocre opener and closer.

>Archie Shepp - The Way Ahead
Yes. YES. I FUCK with it. After giving “Fire Music” a shot (and only enjoying so much of it) I was expecting something much more out there, similar to “Semper Malcom”. What I got instead was a fantastic experience of composed-feeling chaos. I’d really love a jazzlord here to tell me why exactly I’m wrong for liking this, because the only thing I didn’t really care for was sections of the Ellington cover, which I still thought was a great rendition of that piece. Everything else here really surprised me. Sure, for 68 maybe it’s nothing special, but the performances, the energy, the improvisation, and nearly everything else just resonated so hard for me. I’d consider this an unsung jazzsterpiece, but what the fuck do I know?

1/5 (sorry)
>>
File: 1427669174188.jpg (47KB, 1477x991px) Image search: [Google]
1427669174188.jpg
47KB, 1477x991px
>>72457662

>Aldo Ciccolini / Gabriel Tacchino - Trois gymnopédies; etc.
Almost immedietly I liked this version of Satie’s gymnopedies more than the Reinbert de Leeuw version. I just think the slightly faster pace serves that particular piece better. Overall though, I would insist that this version is slightly inferior, but stil worthwhile if you want another great interpretation of Satie songs. Lord knows they’ve been done worse.

>Nicolas Jaar - Space Is Only Noise
Individually, there are very few stand-out tracks here (save maybe the s/t track) but all together, this forms something really beautiful. Rarely do I ever call an album a MUST as an album experience, but this one feels specifically engineered for that. Expertly crafted atmospher, maybe with a few bumps in the latter half.

>Gas - Narkopop
If we’re talking about pure highs and individual tracks, I would say this just fall short of Pop. However, this release as a whole I would say calls back to Gas’ older works, and frames them in a context that makes sense to me. If we’re talking purely on atmosphere and fluidity, this is for sure Gas’ best I’ve heard.

>Bauhaus - Mask
SUPER underrated. I know I should probably preface this with “as I guy that takes it in the ass for post-punk I…” but I really don’t see why this is so hated in comparison to “In the Flat Field”. Individually less stand-out songs maybe, but overall really tight. I can’t shake the feeling that this band is about to get a lot worse after this album though. I hope I’m wrong :/

>Glenn Gould – The Goldberg Variations
I would say this one doesn’t 100% flip the 81 version on its head completely like some insist, but it’s clear that this is the superior rendition of the pieces, even if only by a bit due to pacing. Still not entirely sold on these pieces, but they were done in a way that made much more sense to me here.

2/5
>>
File: 1411189852716.png (564KB, 750x635px) Image search: [Google]
1411189852716.png
564KB, 750x635px
>>72457675

>The Thelonious Monk Quartet - Monk's Dream
Someone needs to rec me an album where Monk Just goes off the fucking walls. I know it’s might happen when I dig a little deeper into his discog, but here, I feel like I just got an okay jazz album with an eccentric front-man with insane ideas about melody. Pretty damn good, but you’d probably have to be much more into the Bop side of this genre to get much out of this. I'm waiting to hear an album of his that I love as much as "Brilliant Corners". If you think you have that hmu.

>ROME - Die Æsthetik der Herrschaftsfreiheit
ROME is a very special band to me. They somehow use this genre I can barely stand in a context that feels right to me. And even though I really enjoyed this album Perhaps there is some underlying thread that connects this bastard of an album, but I just don’t feel it. This is especially true when you closing disc is full with a buncha bullshit. Consistently, it’s the longest tracks on here that disappoint. Everything over 5 minutes always feels like a venture, and are guaranteed to be the least enjoyable tracks on any given disc. Lots to love, but little to hold on to.

>The Fall - This Nation's Saving Grace & Hex Enduction Hour
This side of artsy-overblown post-punk ain’t for me, but I can’t help but at least like it a little bit. That’s all I have to say other than “This Nation” was consistently okay while “Hex Enduction” was inconsistently great. I think prefer the latter though.
6 & 7, respectively.

>Tyrone Davis - Turn Back the Hands of Time
A quiet, unassuming soul album that’s at the same time very satisfying and well done. Instrumentally it’s consistently on-point, but I feel a lot of songs extremely similar to these have been done better elsewhere far before Davis. A nice album for what it is, but very little stuck out for me.

3/5
>>
File: 1419292280132.png (986KB, 1500x1659px) Image search: [Google]
1419292280132.png
986KB, 1500x1659px
>>72457704

This image is so dated lol. Idc what anyone says old /mu/ was much worse.

>Today Is the Day - Willpower
Imo, TItD came into their own on the much more raw, chaotic, purposefully-feeling overblown “Sadness Will Prevail”. While this had bits and pieces of that, I 100% did not fuck with the more pretty-feeling, shoegazy tacks like “Simple Touch”. In fact, the last half is a bit of a mess imo, and not the brand of mess that I’ve come to love from these guys. A good album, albeit a bit top-heavy for me.

>James Holden - Balance 005
REALLY torn on this. On one hand, that opening track along with many other bits from the center (particularly the Nathan Fake transitions good GOD) blew my cock and balls off. I am a girl now hello and I am very cute. Gimmie a kiss. One the other half, there’s so much of this that’s just like, really bad early-2000s Eurobeat. Dude should’ve watched more Initial D. Also, disc 2 is a fucking joke. Maybe two total songs in that whole hour stood out to me. If you hear this, just listen to disc one.

>Windy & Carl - Consciousness
Balance has some good moments, but the real masterpiece is what feels like the centerpiece of the whole album, the s/t track. And while I like those two a lot, everything else here just feels slow and overblown a bit. Maybe if you’re someone into pop with a modern-feeling, loop-y ambience you might get into this more, but that’s not me.

>Lil Wayne - Tha Carter II
It’s perfectly clear to me now that Wayne totally deserves much less shit than he gets, but in no way do I think this is a particularly good album. It’s big, bloated, and brash, but only a handful of songs here really do it for me. It’s, thankfully, one of the last hip hop albums from the “skit” era, but there’s no fucking stupid-ass 10-minute outro skit either. Lots of decent or great stuff here, but too flawed to love.

4/5 (we're so close)
>>
File: new flippin chart.jpg (4MB, 3220x3220px) Image search: [Google]
new flippin chart.jpg
4MB, 3220x3220px
>>72457723

>Monoton - Monotonprodukt 07
Naaaah. I liked a lot of this, but it honestly it pretty consistently missed the mark for me. The minimal songwriting just feels dull and repetitive. There’s some cool ideas thrown out here, but rarely anything that sticks or is, ya know, expanded on. I don’t really get how this is “ambient” also. Maybe because there’s pretty much nothing to it? I can see the appeal, but for sure not something I fuck with.

>Kid Koala - Your Mom's Favourite DJ
Like, okay, it’s better than “Some of My Best Friends Are DJs”, but this kind of turntablism just feel like a record-long skit. And not a very funny one either. I mad respect this guy’s work, but his solo stuff is pretty skippable.

>Dean Blunt - Black Metal
Blunt has a super interesting discog with almost nothing of value individually. There’s a couple of okay songs here, sure, but nothing that really excites or captivates me in any way. It feel like ironically-bad music. Which is, really, just bad music.

What next?
>>
>>72457675
this fuckin picture lmao

>>72457733
should choose a New Order album and also do Oppenheimer Analysis

also im gonna look at those three 9 rated albums thanks sir
>>
>>72457723
Now that I think about it 2013 is probably too late to be considered "old /mu/" but whatever.

>>72457765
will do.

Solid Space probably isn't for everyone, but the other two are really unsung, consistently good jazz albums I would rec to anybody.

I can't wait for the /daily/ jazzlords to tell me why they aren't ACTUALLY good though.
>>
>>72457819
>I can't wait for the /daily/ jazzlords to tell me why they aren't ACTUALLY good though.
Not enough cowbell is the first thing that comes to mind.
>>
Boomp
>>
>>72457662
>I FUCK
(not true, by the way)
>>
Just wrote my exam on psychiatry and psychopathology. I was nervous as fuck because the class is so information dense, but as soon as the exam papers were in front of my I was so relieved to see that I actually know this stuff. Now I'm just nervous that I was too specific in my answers and omitted contextual information that I won't get an A.

Time to chill the entire weekend until next class on Monday.
>>
>>72454169
its short enough to count as an ep, unless you count bonus instrumental tracks
you want something else anyways or what?
>>
Nigga I'm eatin some mac nuggets
>>
>>72459511
Oh so youre not just sexist huh
>>
>>72457723
im upset you weren't too into willpower, but im real glad you liked space museum.
do the fucking cunts lol
>>
You guys seen that vid "Mario vs. Minecraft on CRACK"? PRETTY epic if I do say so myself ;)
>>
File: IMG_2591.jpg (191KB, 1024x757px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2591.jpg
191KB, 1024x757px
Posting this for my bros online...you guys are gonna like this one
>>
>>72460527
is that you in pic, Hampus?
>>
File: tourney403.png (2MB, 3136x1996px) Image search: [Google]
tourney403.png
2MB, 3136x1996px
tourney update
i'd like a 2nd round rec from:
Shamepai
Stick
Yamir
and i'll need a tie-breaking EP from Rodriguez and Jangle - really can't pick a winner there
>>
>>72461052
What did you like / didn't like with The Paper Chase?
>>
>>72461052
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/the_work/rubber_cage/
>>
>>72460527
>>72460471
>>72459511
what the fuck am I reading
>>
>>72461887
hampus what are your fav ytps?
>>
>>72461834
the music / the fact i recd it :V
>>
>>72461922
you mixed those two up :P
>>
>>72461905
I know literally one "ytp" (I had to Google that), and it's one that my friend made a long time ago. Wow.
Don't even.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNMOhgNOH9g
>>
File: IMG_20170428_053112.jpg (125KB, 800x1096px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170428_053112.jpg
125KB, 800x1096px
>tfw still no internet so i cant download any albums

>>72461052
>my reggaeton album wins
Did i just get lucky i got paired with a noise album or is daddy yankee actually god?

My rec is......
Jim o'rourke - fast car (live in japan)
Its on youtube
>>
>>72461933
to elaborate a bit
i was impressed with the variety on the album
they went from "AJJ covering rap metal" to "My Chemical Romance playing Cardiacs"
but i didn't find any of the songs memorable, except for the final one
i'll probably listen to that one song again
>>
>>72457578
That's my OP pic :)
>>
>>72462165
oy djent didnt realize you were still around
whats yo aoty?
>>
>>72462210
hey pal, can i get an ep rec for my tourney? u recd me a full lp
>>
>>72461965
Wow, I don't think I've met anyone who only liked / remembered the last song t b h
What did you think of At The Other End Of The Leash? It's one of my favorites from the album and can be interpreted in some different ways
>>
>>72462251

>>72459066
>>
File: IMG_0043.jpg (218KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0043.jpg
218KB, 900x1200px
>about to walk into the office to give my two week notice since I'm moving soon
>get a company-wide email saying we all get a huge bonus
>mfw

Music for this occasion?
>>
>>72462273
>>72459066
woops sorry
i was just looking at the length on rym, didnt realize the instrumentals were bonus tracks. nevermind!
>>
>>72461965
Oh yeah you know John Congleton, the dude who basically IS the paper chase, actually produced Christmas Island by AJJ? So your comparison wasn't too off ;)
>>
>>72462256
hmmm
that one reminded me of Dog Fashion Disco's slower songs a bit
it's an alright song, the sex noises (?) were a bit uncomfortable though
>>
>>72462304
Pavement - Brinx Job
>>
>>72462561
Yeah the track overall is pretty uncomfortable

The person telling the story switches a bit back and forth during the song but basically it's about a girl being sexually / physically abused by her dad, and her boyfriend plotting to kill the dad and cut him up and pieces (which he maybe does in the end?). Some people thinks it the other way around, that the boyfriend is abusive and the dad wants to kill him but that doesn't really fit in honestly
>>
>>72462604
I haven't heard this album. Kind of sounds like a Can song. Cool
>>
>>72457613
>>72457624
Nice, glad you're liking that chart so far! Clouds is some prime instrumental hip-hop, I'm glad you chose that one to dive more into the genre

>>72457662
Man I need to go back to Straight Life, I remember it being good but seeing a 9 makes me want to revisit.
>>
>>72463343
yea stop being such a faggot
>>
File: IMG_0047.jpg (168KB, 1113x552px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0047.jpg
168KB, 1113x552px
Being slow with music lately. Been reading like a mofo though and I want to share a book chart here but don't wanna offend anyone.

>Darkness on the Edge of Town

Overall, this album is a balance of competing forces. Stupid, fun, contemplative, serious. One thing I will grant is that this is at least listenable from front-to-back unlike any of his earlier work. Some of these tracks are just dumb as hell, but you get the feeling for the first time that it's ok because it's fun and moreover, self-aware. "Adam Raised a Cain" really is stupid to the point where you couldn't not write it and put it on your album. This aspect comes to a point on Born in the U.S.A. in my opinion. Mind you, this also generally accepted as big step forward as his first dark, truly serious album as a songwriter with something to say, i.e. his persona. And it's true, I'll grant him that. So, at its worst points it's at least listenable, and a couple of these songs are even great. "Racing in the Street" matches this longing feeling that permeates the album so well. It's truly touching in a way that came across as sappy in his earlier work. And then of course, the closing title track is one of his very best songs and it ties the album together so well--the lyrical themes, musical themes, it's also no surprise it feels like the true full band effort here.

7/10
>>
File: Tuco Abandons Yet Another Chart.png (3MB, 1500x1073px) Image search: [Google]
Tuco Abandons Yet Another Chart.png
3MB, 1500x1073px
Khana Udom Silapin na Chiang Mai - Funeral Music of Chiang Mai
It's very loud for one, it's appealing but tends to fall in on itself due to the repetitious percussion

Band of Susans - Love Agenda
It's the gruffer parts of hair metal but given an alternative skew, it's cock rock masquerading as something more refined, there are some good songs, but mostly it's annoying and mundane by virtue of it's homogeneity

The Terminals - Little Things
Everything written above about Band of Susans can be applied to this, but it's blander
at least one can distinguish the singer which is a positive

pick the next thing
>>
>>72462304
kanye west - celebration
>>
>>72463686
Do Floating Coffin. It'll get flack here for being conventional, but it's pretty fun and solid
>>
File: 1491371409114.jpg (138KB, 768x929px) Image search: [Google]
1491371409114.jpg
138KB, 768x929px
>struggle to find music i like - taste is all over the place
>find one of the songs i listen to and check what spotify playlists it's in
>happy hipster music
>been enjoying every song in this playlist
why am i a cuck
>>
>>72463767
Does anyone remember when obscure stuff was considered hipster? When did hipster become this ultra-popular poseur Lumineers and Halsey kind of music?
>>
File: dfw 6.png (787KB, 978x669px) Image search: [Google]
dfw 6.png
787KB, 978x669px
>>72463866
Surefire sign that you are a hipster is that none of your friends know what you're talking about when you namedrop Merzbow in casual conversation
>>
>>72463912
You're still the weird guy if you do that. Really though, look what p4k focuses on or what they sell at urban outfitters. There's no difference in hipster and mainstream culture
>>
File: IMG_1978.jpg (747KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1978.jpg
747KB, 1536x2048px
>>72463912
>namedrop Merzbow in casual conversation
Uugghh
>>
>>72457675
Yay someone else likes Space Is Only Noise! It is absolutely an experience.
>>
>>72463912
No, that's more of a weirdo thing
>>72464023
?
>>
the show i'm hosting is making a comeback, if any of you would be interested, it starts in 8 min
http://studentenfunk-regensburg.de/live/
>>
>>72464207
>cumblogs
>>
>>72463513
just post it, i wanna know what you read
>>
>>72463994
I get what you're saying, I hate the fact that there are so many white dude rap fans that go around acting supremely intelligent because they listen to lyrical music about deep subjects like social issues and racism, also the idiots who go around treating everything like a big joke because they were dripfed Mac Demarco (by Pitchfork) in their late teenage years, the ones that go around saying things like "post-ironic" and relate everything to memes
>>
>>72464207
>flash
no thanks
>>
File: IMG_0048.png (570KB, 556x878px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0048.png
570KB, 556x878px
For anon. Here's this week. I'll fill it out as I go along.

>Too Big to Fail: The Inside Story of How Wall Street and Washington Fought to Save the Financial System from Crisis -- and Themselves

Really incredible journalistic work and to be able to portray something inherently dry like an Oceans Eleven kind of story is admirable. I'm only marginally interested in the stuff, but it's readable in a Michael Lewis way.

6.5/10

>Shattered: Inside Hillary Clinton's Doomed Campaign

Curiosity got the best of me, and this was such a page-turner! Honestly, it's pretty surface-level, but the little insight into what it was like working for these people was fascinating. Curious to see something like this for the Trump campaign (apparently Michael Lewis is working on that, in fact).

6.5/10

>Hillbilly Elegy: A Memory of a Family and Culture in Crisis

This was the poster child for liberals who wanted to understand working class sentimentality post-election, but that's just projection because this is really just some average redneck's memoir. Unnecessary. I'm going to read the other poster child, White Trash: The 400-Year Untold History of Class in America soon, and I hope that's more serious.

5/10
>>
File: HeadinRightAtU.jpg (87KB, 550x481px) Image search: [Google]
HeadinRightAtU.jpg
87KB, 550x481px
ROUND 2

>IM FISH: https://youtu.be/wje_Uij4aBA

Korean sludge metal, with post rock influences. They take full advantage of the instruments from their country in an interesting fashion, without relying on actual screaming. I dig it.

>jimmy jazz: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfnQXcGoRsA

hellyeahdude. Grimy, the sound of rattling machinery, with apocalyptic angels singing their verses. Don't know why I haven't already listened to this, since I already liked Lotic - Agitations.

>Comet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lh7HtH3cm-M

Did Comet just recc The Comet Is Coming lmao what a shill

That said, there's little to hate about this band. Super funky space rock, with Shabaka Hutchings on the tenor sax not giving any fucks. The small touches of keyboard complete it.

Recommending that anyone that liked Melt Yourself Down's self titled check out this band.

>EthyBoy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96qBM4LL2ps

as fuckin goofy as this music video is, it's clear this guy is inspired by Van Morrison the like. Just not my thing, entirely.

>Kanzler: https://youtu.be/SzE3y9sWNqs

Falls on the generic and lackluster side of house/trance. Little progression, uninteresting samples. Not good, not bad.
________
> DEAD
¯¯¯¯

>Letov: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYpJdMmCj1l

Apparently not available in the U.S., but works on this site.

Is this toad that is singing to me actually throat singing? Doesn't work with the rock instrumentation.

>transgod: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAYspRKt7oc

oh god an anime intro why do you do this to me

It's not hard to listen to, but it was purposely made like that. It's got the same orchestral section and guitar that 50 other animeme intros have. I had to choose between this and Kanzler's song, but this one was just a bit more mediocre.

6/10 meme, japed me but im not mad just mildly upset

===========

Reccs from IM FISH, EthyBoy, Kanzler, jimmy jazz, and Comet
>>
>>72464667
Wow, I did it. What are the restrictions?
>>
>>72464740
Did you ever finish your song tourney? It was probably a while ago by now, did I miss the ending?
>>
Restrictions are:

It must be a song from a 5.0-4.5 album you've rated

7 minutes maximum

No jazz
>>72464740
Fuck I keep forgetting
>>
>>72464770
Nah, still thinking hard about the picks
>>
>>72457675
>not sold on the Goldberg variations
lol
>>
File: Miles Davis (25).jpg (48KB, 550x557px) Image search: [Google]
Miles Davis (25).jpg
48KB, 550x557px
>>72464800
>No jazz
>>
File: dfw 8.png (724KB, 970x671px) Image search: [Google]
dfw 8.png
724KB, 970x671px
>>72464800
>no Jazz
>>
File: IMG_1143.jpg (53KB, 569x457px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1143.jpg
53KB, 569x457px
>>72464885
>>72464942
It wouldn't be fair ok
>>
>>72464952
you must acquire a taste for free form jazz
>>
>>72464952
Fair? How so?
>>
File: IMG_2409.gif (323KB, 167x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2409.gif
323KB, 167x200px
>>72464971
>>72464993
Because I'll guaranteed like it more
>>
>>72464952
How's this for fair?...

Can - "Vitamin C"
>>
>>72465002
You have to watch this
https://youtu.be/wwOipTXvNNo
>>
>>72464667
uhh, that was close
>>72464800
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpjKOXqPgMo
>>
>>72464667
>why do you do this to me
because that song is fucking LIT duh, probably my favorite thing about the show
>>
>>72465092
That's so stupid lmao

But now I know where to get trumpet original samples

>>72465137
if the your favorite part about a show is its intro the rest of it must be p bad ;)
>>
>>72464800
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYxc-VzsB_0
>>
>>72465148
not if the op is this great desu m8 get yo ears cheq'd
>>
File: 5050chart1.jpg (1MB, 1295x1074px) Image search: [Google]
5050chart1.jpg
1MB, 1295x1074px
>Nicolas Collins - It Was a Dark and Stormy Night
Looks like Stema Tarynt isn't going to be the only album I've given an 11 anymore.

This album is a collection of 3 pieces, each its own part; one of them is broken up into 3 parts, which is the first piece of this album: Broken Light.
This involves a controllable broken cd player; to cause loops and glitches of pre-recorded orchestral performance, while the performers accompany it and it works together so well especially for the tension building of those looping tones. I love the really fast glitches at the start and end of each track.
Tobabo Fonio is made with this really weird electronic-infused trumpet setup, there was a video of it in action included with the download on the website but it was a gigabyte large taking up around 90% of the zip. It's a 1 min video, compress your shit. The song is really gritty and simple modulation in the first half but those tones just resonate so well with me, then he suddenly turns it into a growing glitchy beat and incorporates plenty of sample manipulation.

And then there's the fucking title track holy shit.
I haven't listened to this one again because on my first listen this song instantly became the best experience I've ever had listening to a song. I couldn't breathe properly; my mind was in awe. It took me 30 mins to calm down after I finished it and I don't know when I'll have it in me to listen to it again cause I have to treasure a moment like that. The song is a 27 min long epic, the main focus here is the narrator who reads a story made out of stories from various other books. "It was a dark and stormy night", and so on. The story ends up in a loop where a person asks another person to tell a story each time changing slightly, including the tones and attitudes of how the narrator portrays the characters to ridiculous levels. This was hilarious to me, even so when the few scentence loop suddenly turns into a really long and complex story about forgery... 1/?
>>
>>72464800
hmm i hope you're in the zone for this i guess
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btZgxyWkcNw
>>
>>72458960
(cries)

>>72459511
>>72460471
>>72460527
hell yeah hampus is cool now

>>72463343
yuh it's great

>>72463686
bcd 2. Waiting incoming 7-

>>72463866
>>72463912
>>72463994
I could maybe talk about this for hours, but "indie" was never so, and was really just the 2000s+ marketable version of "alternative" when that wasn't a cool word to use. From what I've seen, after 10s+ "Hipster" becomes the more marketable version of alternative/indie.

I would say "normies ruin everything" but it was bad to begin with.

>>72464092
hell yeah

>>72464219
I'm really glad this was the first reply

>>72464800
shidd I did it.
>no jazz
TOO BAD ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxukDDXP4K0

>>72464808
that is correct.

>>72465709
that reminds me...
>>
File: nu daily.png (786KB, 1680x1372px) Image search: [Google]
nu daily.png
786KB, 1680x1372px
HEY

Official top /daily/core poll here:
http://www.strawpoll.me/12850561

I've basically included the albums people were iffy about in this. The top five will be put on the top of that chart.

Try not to vote on personal preference, and more so on what represents the current culture of /daily/. That is, what is most liked, discussed, or memed.

And try to vote for at least five albums.

>but, fish, why is album ____ on there?
Just don't vote for it then. I wanted to make the chart semestrical and nice-looking okay. Get offa my dick.
>>
>>72465709
I soon figured out the whole concept of the song and it all started escalating from there. The narrator is speaking really fast at this point and is kinda hard to hear at times but it works so beautifully well with the chaos and jumbling instruments deteriorating and changing with each loop in a variety of different ways. To wait for the story passed on to start again as the music and instruments hold on their decay or loops for longer and longer waits is absolutely chilling. I won't share any more about how it continues but the details stack up with the story and I'd 100% need to see what I can find within them on my next listen. I would comment more on the music but I forgot a bunch of how it sounded and I'm only going to revisit it once I'm ready. The strongest emotional experience I've had from any song.

11-/11

>Ekkehard Ehlers - Plays John Cassavetes
This is good ambient stuff, the 2nd of the 2 tracks revolves more around a chamber approach while still fitting in with the first, more traditional track. Variety is great for releases like this.

7-/11

>Bill Orcutt - How the Thing Sings

Ok, what brings this down immensley is how it's been recorded/mixed. It's abrasive free-improv acoustic guitar with a blues flavour. The problem with it is it's so flat and muddy, where with this type of music the fun of it would to hear it echo against the walls and hear it in clarity while still having the distortion, just takes evry single ounce of fun out of it, that I imagine would of been there in the room that they recorded it in. The songs are kinda samey for most of the time to occasionally have the guy do some werird singing all under the same microphone, or it may slow down a bit.

3+/11
>>
>>72466019
that's the 3 i listened too, what should i listen to next.
>>
>meet someone irl who seems cool
>their twitter is littered with pepe, doge, and tones of dated memes
worst feel.

>>72465958
btw I'll probably keep this open for a couple days so more people have a chance to participate.

>>72466019
Some people like the Cassavetes album less when they learn that the sample is a loop from a Beatles song, which is super shitty (and poseur). Interested to hear Swirlies and Baby Huey opinions.
>>
>>72465958
If someone makes a convincing case for another album needing to be on there I'll add it in a 2nd poll, I just got no other recommendations.
>>
>>72466078
Will be sure to listen to those albums next then.
I haven't even heard any Beatles albums but I wouldn't even care if I hated that song since anything can be transformative for the better.
>>
>>72466259
exactly. Shit makes no sense to me.
>>
File: stirnerISHYGDDT.png (8KB, 238x211px) Image search: [Google]
stirnerISHYGDDT.png
8KB, 238x211px
>>72466104
>no LRD
>no negativland
>no Jimbo
>no Musical Abortions
>no Suicide
>no Even Oxen
>no Haino
>no Fishmans
>no Letov

what the fuck are you doing fish

Russian Field Experiments deserves to be there I feel, if not just because it's fun to meme Letov
>>
>>72466757
maybe if ud actually FOLLOW the CURRENT AFFAIRS you'd have any IDEA what is HABENIN
>>
>>72466757
They're all on there you fucking dingotard.
>>72438083

This is to decide which albums are to replace those that got booted off.
>>
File: Kot.jpg (47KB, 604x362px) Image search: [Google]
Kot.jpg
47KB, 604x362px
>>72466757
see look at me memeing letov right now
>>
File: funny letov meme.jpg (10KB, 236x204px) Image search: [Google]
funny letov meme.jpg
10KB, 236x204px
>>72466793
>actually reading the thread
who actually does this
>>
>>72466815
hmm
"Vote Letov" sure is a palindrome
>>
>>72466757
Embarrassing
>>
File: IMG_6640.jpg (966KB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6640.jpg
966KB, 2576x1932px
>>72466757
>no nose
>mfw
>>
>>72464639
underworld is one of my favorite books. seriously fucking brilliant
>>
>>72466896
Making my way through it now. It'll be hard to follow the famous Shot Heard Round the World prologue, which is 10/10
>>
>>72466975
those first however many pages are untouchable
>>
>>72467006
No kidding. Among the best descriptive prose I've ever read
>>
>>72467048
Books? Eew>>72467006
>>72466896
>>
File: meme.jpg (8KB, 263x192px) Image search: [Google]
meme.jpg
8KB, 263x192px
>>72464639
hey man, you should read house of leaves for the memes pic related
>>
>>72466757
This is why we make fun of you
>>
>>72467111
I mean but, thank you for the (you)s
also put your trip back on Jangle
>>
>>72467099
I really loved the horror aspects. What an imagination. The side story about the guy that worked in a tattoo parlor was silly
>>
>>72467245
I don't know if you could call it a side story because it is the narrative that frames Zampano's and the Navidson's narratives, I found it to be compelling but also found his narration to be obnoxious and arrogant at times
>>
>>72467315
The world of the "room" is the only cool thing in it imo
>>
>>72467315
Right, just a little bit too Chuck Palahniuk for my liking. I've got one for you in a similar class. Check out Denis Johnson's Tree of Smoke. He's the best of DFW's cohorts imo
>>
paging stick

please pick a listenalong album
>>
>>72467389
I dunno man, the discussion of the film itself is intensely fascinating
>>
>>72467394
will check out in the holidays
>>
>Duke Ellington - New Orleans Suite

Pleasant enough, but a bit too tame compared to his other works.

~

>Hillary Hahn - Back: Violin Concertos

These are amazing, I love Hahn's playing almost always, because it's so clear. My favourite here was Concerto for Two Harpsichords etc., which you should all check out.

+

>Kendrick Lamar - DAMN.

I'm a sucker for good memerap and I think this is a very well done album. Glad he left behind the whole jazz/funk bs story, even though I felt it worked on a few tracks, this is just much better.

+

>Ray Brown - Jazz Cello

The cello worked moderately well, although I got annoyed by the picking sound sometimes. The main problem here was just the boring-ass compositions though.

~

>Mahavishnu Orchestra - The Inner Mounting Flame

I was really disappointed by this, because even though I don't like a whole lot of jazz-rock, I really enjoy McLaughin's guitar playing on Davis' records and here it really just didn't shine nearly as much.

-

>Dave Brubeck Quartet - Time Out

Really joyful/playful pieces, very pleasant listen.

+

>Sarah Vaughan - s/t

Vaughan's voice is amazing and it fits so well with Brown's music.

+

>Gas - Pop

This had some really nice sounds going on once in a while, but mainly it just bored me to death.

~

>Roscoe Holcomb - An Untamed Sense of Control

Just reaaaally not my thing, hate his voice.

-

>Sonny Sharrock - Black Woman

Some of the intense pieces were rather nice, but they were all rather spoilt by going to far, either ending in screaming or just incohesive garbage.

-

>Jackie-O Motherfucker - Fig. 5

I really enjoyed Flags of the Sacred Harp and this is great too. It's similar in it's drone stuff but adds a lot more free improv type sounds and they fit so well, perfect album to lay in bed to before sleeping.

+

Listening to the Debussy and Ravel quartets now and so far at least the Debussy are amazing.

What are you listening to?

>>72467414
Can I still join?:)
>>
>>72467414
I also want to host a listenalong sometime, have never done it, preferably not too long away
>>
>>72467777
>7777
Kpop traitor
>>
>>72467718
sure, I can add you!
>>72467777
you should have been here when the list got made then, it's pretty full already... sorry mate
nice quads tho

as of now:
Rudi 30 Sept
Tuco 07 Oct
>>
>>72467718
Even as someone that likes a lot of jazz/rock fusion, I've never gotten the appeal of The Inner Mounting Flame.

I'm listening to later New Order albums rn. They're okay.

Have you heard this Archie Shepp album? >>72457662 I'd love to get your opinion on it sometime.

>>72467777
nice quads baby boy ;)
>>
>>72467718
>What are you listening to?
new Gorillaz
ugh, it's bad
>>
>>72467718
pop is a perfect example of a listen to this album while on a walk meme
also use good headphones, when I first heard it in meh ones i honestly thought 3/4th of the songs were just few seconds looping. All the development and what not is subtle enough without decent audio you won't be able to hear it.
>>
>>72467823
Coolio, thanks

>>72467839
yep, I actually just made my new chart and included that and the Hubbard thingy because you praised them.
Haven't heard any New Order desu, should I?
And the MO guy played on this https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/miles_davis/get_up_with_it/ which I really love, but you seem to have listened to it already.

>>72467841
Kinda sucks though, it's one of those bands that got a lot of people into music, even if they don't really like them anymore

>>72467850
hmmmm okay, I woke up really early the day before yesterday and listened to it in bed before anyone was up so I was really paying attention, but maybe I'll try the walking thing sometime.
>>
>>72467823
>Tuco 07 Oct
I can deal w that
>>
>>72467951
Dope. If you like Joy Division you might like their first couple albums. And if you like any 80s "alternative" music you might vibe with their later 80s stuff, otherwise I'd say they're pretty passable. I can't really see anyone that doesn't like a decent amount of post-punk or synthpop getting much out of them.

A lot of Get Up With it was fucking amazing to me, I just didn't care for a couple of the more empty, thinly stretched pieces. Definitely deserves another listen though.

And Pop definitely has a lot of subtitles that I would say warrants pretty close listening, but I doubt you'll love it THAT much more a second time around, even given better circumstances.
>>
>>72467718
Coworker's playlist. It's not great. Bland rock & RnB like Los Lonely Boys, Black Eyed Peas.
>>
>>72467951
>it's one of those bands that got a lot of people into music
yup that's me. i played the shit out of them 3 years ago, even bought that one rare book of theirs.
i relistened to doyathing today and holy fuck that middle part. i used to have a version that skipped over the middle lol
>>
>>72467951
>>72468151
>realizing just recently that Gorillaz are the reason I discovered Deltron 3030, MF DOOM, De La Soul, Pharcyde, and Mos Def as well as being my introduction to Hip Hop and a lot of alternative music
Makes me kinda sad now :( I was hopeful for a new album after that I really liked the full version of DoYaThing, but it's just so bad.
>>
rec me
>>
>>72468101
I really like Closer, so I'll try them :)

>>72468126
Could be fun though, some BEP are good dancing songs

>>72468151
yep it is sad

>>72468308
>Gorillaz are the reason I discovered Deltron 3030, MF DOOM, De La Soul, Pharcyde, and Mos Def
Yep, this was me too. I first discovered De La Soul and Del da Funkee Homosapien and got to the rest through that. I think they're a band that generally get a lot of rockists into hiphop, so they do serve a clear goal, even if I don't like them anymore
>>
>>72468342
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/lieven-martens-moana/idylls/
>>
File: zombie.jpg (56KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
zombie.jpg
56KB, 500x500px
>>72468342
>>
>>72468413
Eh, it was "where is the love", so just glurge. There was some cool rock en Español tho.
>>
>>72468419
>>72468425
Will do.
>>
File: 1491968914488.jpg (63KB, 817x857px) Image search: [Google]
1491968914488.jpg
63KB, 817x857px
>>72468455
>cool rock en Español
>>
>>72467414
I'll post it when I get home, like an hour.
>>
>>72468770
perfect!
>>
The new Gorillaz album as a lot of grower tracks (as expected), so movin my rating up to a 6
ROUND 3

>EthyBoy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9a1NhRbNJ_Y

Very forward thinking for the date it was released. I really need to listen through a Can album.

>Comet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYxc-VzsB_0

Japanese noise rock that starts with scream samples. A vocalist that sounds like they were plucked from a pop group, and the way her voice gets filtered halfway through surprisingly works. Otherwise, it's noise rock.

>jimmy jazz: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btZgxyWkcNw

Post rock stripped down to nothing but guitar, very spacey if repetitive. jimmy im going to need you to give me more reccs cuz your reccs have been consistent and very great

>IM FISH: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxukDDXP4K0

jazz isn't even real
why is there a baby crying during this performance
i want to go home

________
> DEAD
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
>Kanzler: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpjKOXqPgMo

French hip hop samples and songs, stitched together like some freakish beast. The song just plows forward with many things at once-- more like an interlude than a song. I think if there wasn't that one guy that kept singing to himself over the other samples, this could have been more enjoyable, listening to the collage.

9 minutes max

yes, jazz is allowed if it's something like Portico Quartet
>>
>>72468917
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2doFSB8eB50
>>
Back in Riga.

Over the weekend, listenalong, memeviews and recording of a Talking Heads cover.
>>
>>
>>72468917
>I really need to listen through a Can album.
Holy hell yeah.

You can't go wrong with their first five albums. Imo they just kept getting better and reaching their apex at Future Days, but some people will argue if Tago Mago, Ege Bamyasi, or Future Days are the best. All are incredible to me though.

I'm honestly jealous. If there was another band I wish I could "re-hear" for the first time it would probably be Can.

Was torn between this and Frankie Knuckle's Remix of "Blind" for my rec but this one resonates with me too much. Hopefully it has the same effect on you:
https://youtu.be/N8FO8c1GF8k
>>
File: tourneyno1.png (2MB, 3136x1998px) Image search: [Google]
tourneyno1.png
2MB, 3136x1998px
>Comet vs trans
The OTC EP was more or less the same old OTC I know and love. Nothing wrong with it, it just didn't stick out to me as something new. Still enjoyed it tho. Trans' pick was really interesting though. Its kinda weird to say I enjoyed a brostep album, but I did. It had some noisy textures to it I liked. So, since I think trans had the more interesting pick, he will advance.

>Shamepai vs Jangle
I wasn't really into the Futers EP outside of Mackin', which I really enjoyed. I was bored otherwise, though. The Tim Buckley was great though. I will always love Buckley and his beautiful voice and compositions. Hallucinations / Troubadour has to be one of his best songs.

trans and Jangle continue! Sorry to Comet and Shamepai, as always, thank you for the recs.

TIME FOR ROUND 2 and this time I want...
DJ MIXES! No longer than 70 minutes please!!!

(btw totally didnt intend for jangle to be up against fish... this is gonna be good)
>>
>>72469629
WOOPS forgot one
>Rod vs Yamir
Rod's rec was super super interesting... felt like a lot of free plunderphonics and electronics. I kinda dug it, but I don't really know what to make of it. Yamir's rec tho, holy fuck. I loved the raw grit and noise of it. Every single song on it banged HARD. I may bump this up to a 4 soon, good find and good rec, Yam!
>>
>>72464639
I hope you'll like Underworld, I'd be really down to have an actual conversation about that book outside of /lit/
>>
File: Shame Cube.gif (3MB, 320x227px) Image search: [Google]
Shame Cube.gif
3MB, 320x227px
>>72469629
I knew I'd lose, but I did it anyway!!!!!!!
>>
(can someone post the 3-row listenalong template pls)
>>
>>72461052
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/ep/bug-bus-piano/ha-ha-ha-piano/
>>72466019
>The strongest emotional experience I've had from any song.
yessss
>>
>>72468917
Slava - "Girl Like Me"

>>72469684
Looking forward to it. Impressed so far
>>
>>72469629
aight, more dubstep for you
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/djmix/excision_f2/shambhala_mix_2012/
>>
>>72470014
w8 this is longer than that nvm lemme look some more
>>
File: template 3.png (145KB, 1732x1732px) Image search: [Google]
template 3.png
145KB, 1732x1732px
>>72469956
>>
>>72469629
>No longer than 70 minutes please!!!
wtf

can I rec just part of a DJ Mix? As in, one Disc/side? There's like two good DJ Mixes I've heard that are under 70 minutes.

If so, my rec is "Welcome To Warp Zone!" World 7: Warp Zone
>>
>>72469629
glad you found it neat at least.
>>
>>72470159
whats the other one? if that one doesnt interest me, ill accept the warp zone one.
and sorry, i just dont want to keep people waiting on me bc i need to find time to listen to 2 hr dj mixes, yknow. maybe i can be more lenient and bump it to like, 80 minutes?
>>72470182
yeah i thought it was cool! there were some interesting parts, it just didnt do a ton for me.
>>
>>72469629
That's cool, I get it. Glad you enjoyed it at least, even if it wasn't new to ya.

I mean, >:0
>>
>>72469629
Oh nice I got one for ya https://rateyourmusic.com/release/djmix/madlib/madlib_medicine_show__no__6___brain_wreck_show/
>>
>>72470282
lovely cover art
>>72470258
yeah, ive really gotta get around to listening at dusk at cubist castle soon. i love black foliage, just never got around to that.
>>
>>72470305
Also their peel session is very good, highly recommend. Almost asked you to switch my rec to it, in fact.
>>
>>72470159
>>72469629
>>72470230
Warp Zone 7 is only 25 Minutes, but amazing nonetheless.

If you haven't heard it my rec is:
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/djmix/jeff-mills/live-at-the-liquid-room-tokyo/
>>
>>72470366
(assuming that, for whatever reason, you decide the warp zone track won't work)
>>
im on mobile now, but keep the recs coming!
>>72470366
yep, i was expecting this exactly lol. ill take it.
>>
>>72469629
im going to make you like a short mix of nice tunes myself
>>
>>72470435
forgot name
>>
File: LISTENALONG 6.png (395KB, 1732x1732px) Image search: [Google]
LISTENALONG 6.png
395KB, 1732x1732px
!!!!!!!!!!!!!LISTENALONG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark Stewart - As the Veneer Democracy Starts to Fade (1985)
>Industrial, Post-Punk
>Dub, Sound Collage, "Industrial Hip-Hop"

>MEGA Link:
https://mega.nz/#!FqYj1C5B!erWbLxEeVrcqnlRWMF_5dfxCtcSpYjRtwb2OqQiiFWk

>Spotify Link:
https://open.spotify.com/album/11oBuxlav9WKRs1YMJURM2

>RYM
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/mark_stewart/as_the_veneer_of_democracy_starts_to_fade/
>>
>>72469629
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/djmix/soundmurderer/wired_for_sound_f1/

this is like exactly 70 minutes lmao
>>
>>72470515
>post punk, industrial hip hop, sound collage
whaaat.

I can't wait. Even if it's terrible it will probably be a hoot.
>>
>>72470579
I like it a lot but some of y'all will probably hate it lmao
>>
>>72470601
the perfect listenalong
I'm looking forward to it
>>
also this is the correct tracklisting for what's on spotify
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/mark_stewart/as_the_veneer_of_democracy_starts_to_fade_f1/
>>
>>72470655
For basic bitches like me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kipF5U13O4
>>
File: 1487482756285.png (28KB, 354x286px) Image search: [Google]
1487482756285.png
28KB, 354x286px
>>72470721
That works too.
>>
File: IMG_2304.jpg (68KB, 627x418px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2304.jpg
68KB, 627x418px
>>72470515
>dub
>sound collage

Oh boy
>>
>>72470933
You point out those genres but not industrial hip hop?
>>
File: Freeform.png (986KB, 1560x720px) Image search: [Google]
Freeform.png
986KB, 1560x720px
Alrighty here's some quick reviews

[1/2]

Lee Morgan - The Gigolo
>Hard Bop

I really like Lee Morgan so I really dig this album. Dude can rip it up on the trumpet, all of his solos are piercing and concise. Wayne Shorter joins on sax and is a huge standout on here - I think I like what I’ve heard from him in this style later in his career. The first half feels fairly normal for hard bop but it kicks into gear on side 2. The title track is a terrific spiritual sounding cut, with that bluesy solos and all that. Probably the best song I’ve heard from Morgan. The pianist sounds eerily similar to McCoy Tyner and Billy Higgins tears it up on the drums. The closer, “You Go To My Head” is pretty great as well. Consistent all throughout though.

4/5

Miles Davis - Big Fun
>Jazz-Fusion, Avant-Garde Jazz

Sometimes I forget how batshit crazy Miles went later in his career. Like he hit a certain point after Bitches Brew and went into his own world of jazz. This album is no exception and it’s basically a cut of random recordings between In a Silent Way and On The Corner. “Great Expectations” is probably the weirdest Miles track I’ve heard, with droney sitars dominating most of the mix. John McLaughlin and a bassist are all over this track, with that bizarre electric feel Miles liked to have on his later works. The electric piano is still one of the weirder sounds I’ve heard, with both Hancock and Corea slamming around on these creepy, reverb/echo-drenched solos. It’s just pure chaos but there’s some nice moments.
>>
>>72470009
Yeah it's an impressive work. Have you read any other DeLillo?
>>
>>72470979
[2/2]

“Ife” has much more of a funk feel, with a bass bouncing around on the background and the drums taking up more of the space. Feels more like it’s a cut from On the Corner but there’s a reason it’s an outtake. “Go Ahead John” is a cut from Jack Johnson that wanders around aimlessly for about 30 minutes without getting much done. “Lonely Fire” once again has that sitar roaming around but there’s more of an ambient, peaceful feel overall. Maybe the best track on the record.

As a whole though, this feels incredibly scatterbrained (probably since it’s a compilation t b h). The opener and closer have some of the best musical ideas I’ve heard from Miles but they’re ultimately bogged down by 20+ minute runtimes. Many of the tracks somehow manage to feel both too chaotic and way too sparse/barebones. It’s the oddest combination and it’s a sound I think only late era Miles could manage to produce. And really only a sound he could fuck up as a result. Ultimately, most of these tracks wander aimlessly and don’t accomplish much which leads to an extremely frustrating listen.

Some cool ideas scattered throughout and it has an incredibly unique sound but... not really my thing.

>>
>>72470985
Just White Noise, which I really liked. Have you enjoyed any other?
>>
>>72470941
Duh has no business getting anywhere near sound collage
>>
>>72471104
White Noise is one of my favorites. I really like Mao II too and Libra. His short story collection The Angel Esmeralda is also really great.

I have heard The Names is great, but I haven't gotten to it yet!
>>
>>72469629
>DJ MIXES! No longer than 70 minutes please!!!
Its like you dont want good mixes
I could totally rec playero 37 but im scared you arent prepared for that

Scion - arrange and process basic channel tracks
>>
File: weekly.png (436KB, 1732x1732px) Image search: [Google]
weekly.png
436KB, 1732x1732px
>>
>>72472063
how long is it? i can make exceptions if it's not much longer. i just wanna be able to finish the tourney faster.
>>
test
need to know what song I'm covering
>>
why the fuck is xxxtentacion's delivery more engaging than 99% of other trap mcs
>>
File: LIsten.png (570KB, 1732x1732px) Image search: [Google]
LIsten.png
570KB, 1732x1732px
What a weird listen
>>
>>72472176
>>72473220
this kills the stick
>>
>>72473075
Choof...we're talking yet again about how it's animal collective and you should look at the RYM list people voted on
>>
File: IMG_2344.jpg (56KB, 604x431px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2344.jpg
56KB, 604x431px
>>72473294
I can't wait to pan this now
>>
File: 1486700676209.png (300KB, 520x800px) Image search: [Google]
1486700676209.png
300KB, 520x800px
>>72473440
BOI you best NOT
>>
File: Tortslistens.png (669KB, 1732x1732px) Image search: [Google]
Tortslistens.png
669KB, 1732x1732px
>>72473440
>>72473472
not if I pan it first!
>>
File: saybaconandeggsonemoretime.png (381KB, 675x478px) Image search: [Google]
saybaconandeggsonemoretime.png
381KB, 675x478px
Back home for the summer!
o shit whaddup

>>72465958
One of the top dailycore should just be a comically long letov URL

>>72467162
>Implying I wouldn't just talk shit right to your face

>>72457662
>I’d really love a jazzlord here to tell me why exactly I’m wrong for liking this
>listening to an album only for the potential of bullying fish
tempting.............

>>72469629
>DJ MIXES!
I have literally never listened to a DJ mix in my entire life, should I just blind pick one that looks "good"?
Actually nvm I'll take the other one fish rec'd >>72470366 :8P
>>
>>72473401
oops my bad
a sung tongs track, great now I have to do vocals
>>
>>72473995
What are the top two boxes in each section for?
>>
>>72474161
No, I picked that one, dumbo.
>>
File: bleg.png (843KB, 1732x1732px) Image search: [Google]
bleg.png
843KB, 1732x1732px
>>
>>72474182
literally no one knows
>>
I will give $5 to the first person who doesn't pan the listenalong
>>
>>72474182
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>72474230
try picking better albums.
>>
>>72474230
Has there ever been a listenalong that people didn't universally pan?
>>
File: 1465900254943.png (223KB, 600x905px) Image search: [Google]
1465900254943.png
223KB, 600x905px
>>72464667
>Is this toad that is singing to me actually throat singing?

>>72469629
>DJ mix

die kunst der fug :DDDDDD

Can I do 73 minutes?

https://rateyourmusic.com/release/djmix/optimo/sleepwalk__a_selection_by_optimo__espacio_/
>>
new gorillaz is aggressively mediocre, their weakest besides the fall but it's got some great tracks ("Submission" being my favorite outside the singles). they stuck the best tracks as bonus tracks.

>>72474165
bud just hit me up I do a sicc winters love
>>
>>72474398
absolutely pal!
>>
On the topic of Tuva is this the sickest anthem or what?

https://youtu.be/MBnAZ_qSYJU
>>
at some point soon i will attempt to add nightcore as a tag on rate your music. and nobody can stop me.
>>
>>72472479
Nah use scion
I was gonna give you a 2 hour mix :)
>>
File: listenalong.png (994KB, 1732x1732px) Image search: [Google]
listenalong.png
994KB, 1732x1732px
This dude in my dorm literally just sprints up and down the hall as fast as he can every time he gets drunk. It was pretty funny at first, but it's just pissing me off at this point. People try and stop him but he's so massive and determined that there's nothing they can do to stop him. Every weekend night is filled with "NICO. COME BACK. STOP. NICO." like I'm tired of it. Just pass out like normal people.

I can't wait to move off campus jesus christ.

>>72474230
if literally anyone gives your album above a 6 you have pretty much the most successful listenalong ever. Rarely do any of them do well. Everyone hated my first listenalong lol.

>>72474762
If you do I will tag Dark And Stormy Night as nightcore and you won't be able to stop me
>>
>>72474762
Wait how is nightcore not a tag? Its a legitimate genre whether you like it or not
>>
>>72475004
do it
>>72475012
seriously it's long overdue. there are full nightcore labels in the database that have to exist through some bs combination of tags like "bubblegum bass, happy hardcore, plunderphonics, etc."
>>
>>72475012
people who are pissbabies about genres really give me the shits. They're always like "STOP USING INDIE AS A GENRE. GODDAMN!!! INDIE DOESN'T HAVE A SOUND" like, genre doesn't even have to necessarily describe the music specifically dude. Why do you think we have "Brit Pop" or "Krautrock". Indie sux 90% of the time but it does describe a particular era of "alternative" music/marketing/aesthetic. Imo the more descriptors/genre tags we have the better.

>>72475058
ya know at first I thought it sounded ridiculous, but after thinking about it you're totally right. No reason it shouldn't be a thing.
>>
Plug better be up and running by the time I get back in ~30. Acting like a fool because of aforementioned bonus
>>
>>72475119
But the worst part is people who say "STOP LABELLING MUSIC" or "stop being so pedantic about subgenres". God damn, genres make me find more music like what I already like
>>
>>72475119
vaporwave is music slowed down with some additional alteration. nightcore is more or less the same thing in reverse. if anything, most nxc i hear now is more manipulated than vaporwave.
>>
>>72475119
>the more descriptors/genre tags we have the better.
that's a good point as well. as long as they come from somewhere, what's the issue with more and better info on something?
>>
>>72475148
yuh tru dat

>>72475151
I think the general pushback might be if Nightcore becomes a full-fledged genre tag on rym people might try and put the 10 million "Every Time We Touch" Nightcore covers made in audacity on RYM. But I mean, what's so wrong with that?

Embrace the new era. Sell your son for muslim barbie dolls. Upload your conscious to the cucknet. infobart dot com.
>>
>>72475236
nightcore is a lot more structured now than it used to be. there are full on labels and festivals dedicated to the stuff, plus i don't think rym allows youtube rips to count as releases unless they are really good.
>>
File: triumphia-1.jpg (85KB, 829x829px) Image search: [Google]
triumphia-1.jpg
85KB, 829x829px
This is my friends band, tell me what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLoHdaKNpuU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0vnsOwHaas
>>
File: 1493429657245.png (995KB, 1732x1732px) Image search: [Google]
1493429657245.png
995KB, 1732x1732px
>>72473472
i couldnt help myself
>>
>>72475693
you're just following the crowd
baka
>>
File: non.png (50KB, 1193x616px) Image search: [Google]
non.png
50KB, 1193x616px
fuck it here we go
>>
>>72475727
Memes aside, I think if this album has got a base for something interesting, but the technology available for producing the album at the time wasn't enough. Something as simple as switching up the percussion mid-song could have made it a little less irritating

Like in bastards, I actually liked what was going on with the guy yelling DATABYTE or something and the guard saying "This is a restricted area." I was starting to get into it at that point, but the following tracks did nothing for me.

If you had shared the version on RYM where there's only 6 tracks I'd give this maybe 5 or 6

but for some reason there's that remix of Hypnotized on the MEGA version you posted lol
>>
paging IM FISH

eta till /daily/core final chart?
>>
>>72474353
I believe Daikanjyo was a listenalong
>>
>>72475372
>The Fog
0% sonic destruction [this ain't no Harvey Milk "Sunshine (no sun) Into the Sun" shit. If you're gonna name a band like all edgy you better deliver, I tell ya what.]
100% green business shirt [negative kvlt cred]
(decent vocals tho)
>>
>>72475859
I get where y'all are coming from tho, the drums definitely get repetitive. But the reason I did the longer version was because I thought the bonus tracks were some of the better songs (fish thinks so too)
>>
File: dailycore source image_opt_opt.png (4MB, 1950x2115px) Image search: [Google]
dailycore source image_opt_opt.png
4MB, 1950x2115px
>>72475869
yo yo

I'll give a little bit for more people to vote on this:
>>
>>72475840
Doing god's work. Seriously, there is no reason that's not on there already.
>>
>>72475888
o right. One album.
>>
>>72474990
ill take yr word for it. if u end up in the final 3, ill give that mix a listen
>>
>>72475950
>>72475869
shit I posted a bit early

I'll optimize that chart so it looks better + make the text more readable + update it with people's requested changes (I now Benny Profane's albums aren't right, for example (also change jangle's name back I keep forgetting to do that lololol)).

It'll probably be done next week, but if I have to make another poll to decide the top /daily/core it could take longer. At the very latest it'll take like five more days.

>>72475840
fucking nice
>>
>>72475950
Imagine if a person that never have listened to music (more than casually / what's on the radio) sat down and listened to this entire chart
It'd be a pretty good primer to almost every kind of experimental music, ngl
>>
jimmy jazz jimmy jazz i require a song

>>72468917
>>
>>72476021
Most listenalongs get 7s
>>
File: whu.png (6KB, 1281x73px) Image search: [Google]
whu.png
6KB, 1281x73px
wtf
>>
>>72476824
post the link and I'll vote on it
>>
>>72476824
Is that someone who runs the site or a random user. Cause if it's the former, then what the fuck.
>>
>>72476904
site moderator.
>>
>>72476904
>>72476908
Dude has the new Slowdive, Opeth, and Tyler the Creator as 5/5s. Don't think he should be the arbiter for what is/is not music lol.
>>
>>72476945
>rating every single off the new gorillaz album individually
what did she mean by this?
>>
>>72476945
He also gave the new xiu xiu singles 5/5 lmao.
>>
>>72476974
what would be helpful, I think, is posting examples of nightcore that has more to it (even if just slightly) than "just mixes of people speeding up songs"
>>
>>72477006
He shouldnt have to. There are albums in the rym database tagged as vaporwave that are LITERALLY just pitch shifted and slowed down
>>
new gorillaz is ass btw. wish there was more of 2D singing, or more of anything that actually includes the core band. too many features of random brown people who deliver boring versions of their normal output. also incorporating political shit into the lyrics is fairly distracting in this case. gorillaz to me has always kinda existed in an alternate universe that some musicians just kinda pop in and out of.

>>72477006
if she brings that up again, i'll link her to pedicure records.
https://pedicurerecords.bandcamp.com/album/pd032-heart-you-hurt-ep
https://pedicurerecords.bandcamp.com/album/pd045-for
https://pedicurerecords.bandcamp.com/album/pd047-hi-2
the label gets a lot freakier than the stuff above, but those are very directly nightcore releases that have at least slightly more effort and intent put into them than just speeding shit up.

>>72477056
don't get me started on future funk i'll go off all night on that.
>>
>>72477075
>too many features of random brown people who deliver boring versions of their normal output
lol. I think the vocalist on Hallelujah Money is really interesting and unique. It's a shame the song sucks though.

also, you should just link those in as examples in the comments for the submission.
>>
>>72477126
will do.
>>
>>72476869
They can detect what links are referring people to the voting page and will cancel the genre submission if they detect links being posted in public to get mass votes on it.
>>
>>72477222
fuck good call
>>
i've been listening to a lot of bad music recently.
>>
>>72477241
Welcome to my world
>>
Playing DnD and I shapeshifter into a rhino and impaled a motherfucker on my horn. Music for this feel?
>>
>>72477858
https://youtu.be/RKpflHueZAk
kil
>>
>>72477126
Benjamin Clementine is pretty g

Was a busker recruited off the streets apparently

Take a look at his Cornerstone EP

https://youtu.be/JQ4mFaI17pk
>>
people next to me were playing fuckin lil uzi vert. Idk but literally the dude doesn't have a single good song and Ive tired to find it believe me like i like yatchy and migos songs but man his shit sucks ass people just like him for his fashion idc abt this i'm overpowering rn with dracula mountain and fishmans liol fuck em

>>72478200
hell yeah dude I plan to check that shit OUT
>>
The Allman Brothers Band - Idlewild South (1970)
>southern rock, blues rock

A bit of a softmore slump compared to their pretty jamming debut. The blues here is much less tasteful, and there's more of it too, which doesn't make for a winning combination. This gives us tracks like "Hoochie Coochie Man", the most generic 12-bar blues song you'll ever here, and "Don't Keep Me Wonderin'" a tame little romp that does nothing but show off the technical prowess of the band. The ballads are pretty lame too, save for "Midnight Rider", which leaves a pretty mediocre album. "In Memory of Elizabeth Reed" and "Leave My Blues at Home" are good jams, though.

2.0+

(1/2)
>>
File: Freeform Chart 7.png (495KB, 1560x720px) Image search: [Google]
Freeform Chart 7.png
495KB, 1560x720px
(2/2)

Gorillaz - Humanz (2017)
>electropop, art pop

Like half of the people here, Gorillaz were one of the first bands I really got into, so this is an album I've been hyped for pretty much since 2013. Such is the case with every Gorillaz album, it's a fucking massive mixed bag, equally filled with great tracks and nearly unlistenable tracks. The whole album has a very poppy, danceable sound, surely the group's poppiest release yet. It's got a lot of house vibes to it, which occasionally gives the album a bit too much of a top 40 EDM sound that I can't get into at all, but there's enough typical Gorillaz weirdness to balance everything out. Sadly, the singles are the best tracks here. Besides "Submission" and "Busted and Blue", the best tracks here are "Saturnz Barz", "Ascension", and "Andromeda". These are all great tracks, the first utilizing it's spacey dancehall beat to wonderful effect, the second possessing one of the album's most propulsive beats and verses, and the last one just being a damn fine pop song. The rest of the tracks range from forgettable to outright bad. "Strobelite" is an affable dancey track, but it's in one ear and out the other, and "Charger" and "Sex Murder Party" are probably the two worst non-remix songs ever put out for Gorillaz, and the former especially stings because it wastes such a great Grace Jones feature. It's not as terrible as some of the reception seems to suggest it is, but it's a disappointment, and by far the group's worst (fully fleshed out) release. I'd probably like it more if the deluxe tracks ended up on the standard edition, because "Out of Body" is /great/, but fuck a deluxe edition.

2.0+
>>
>>72478396
lol nice "taste" bich

listen to roxy and elsewhere
>>
>>72478396
>>72478419
sorry nat im sorry

I love you

I didn't mean to
>>
>>72478419
>>72478438
it's okay fish i'll listen to it soon
>>
File: 1476933315011.png (479KB, 1020x900px) Image search: [Google]
1476933315011.png
479KB, 1020x900px
Good fucken morning /daily/!

It's day 1 of my 9 days off! Gonna listen to a bunch of shit and come back with thoughts.

Throat still hurts though. That sucks.
>>
@Torts pls send another song rec to me based on my winter meme from last time cause I've heard that Akiko Yano song already
>>
File: 6476477.png (556KB, 806x804px) Image search: [Google]
6476477.png
556KB, 806x804px
Let’s start off with this one. Thurston releases a 5 track album that turns out to be one of the most competent things he has done in a while. Brings back the energetic chords of stuff like Daydream Nation with great songwriting here. Every track seems simple and familiar because of that.

I was thinking of how this album could be tagged as post-rock cause of all the buildups and prolonged instrumental parts, but then again Sonic Youth was a Glenn Branca baby and he’s sort of like proto-post-rock? Pointless pondering on my part I guess.

A pleasant surprise. I remember listening to his last LP and it didn’t really catch my ear (maybe needs a revisit?), but this one is really fun.

8/10
>>
@MarkAnd What is this, twitter? But also;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLFVGwGQcB0

Hope there weren't other restrictions.
>>
This year has been really good with releases so far surprisingly.
>>
>>72479227
I'm hyped for most things that have yet to come out like new Laurel Halo and Forest Swords.
>>
Ween - The Pod (1991)
>experimental rock, lo-fi indie, alternative rock

The brownest album in a career full of pure brown. The album borders on tape music at points, having only a couple of songs that actually function as "songs". It creates one hell of a disorienting, outlandish atmosphere filled with dark soundscapes and childish humor. The humor sucks, yeah, but this heavier emphasis on sounds instead of songs or vocals really makes this stand out from the rest of Ween's discog. There are some great individual songs though, like "Oh My Dear (Falling in Love)" (which I ADORE) and "Pork Roll Egg and Cheese", but as a whole this functions much better as a cohesive album that anything else. So disorienting, so disjointed, pretty much a trainwreck, but so interesting and enjoyable.

3.0-

Hüsker Dü - Zen Arcade (1984)
>hardcore punk, post-hardcore

So goddamned close to being incredible, but a bit too much of the album is dedicated to some pretty standard hardcore punk that pales in comparison to all the cool, experimental shit this band is doing. The straight-up hardcore is still good, mainly because Hart and Mould are such fantastic, passionate vocalists, but it lacks the punch that the more experimental tracks have, a few could've stood to be cut without really impacting the album. The noisier, weird tracks, though? Absolutely incredible. "Dreams Reoccurring", "Hare Krsna", "What's Going On", and "Reoccurring Dreams" rank among some of the best punk songs ever, and they admittedly do work perfectly with the straighforward tracks. "Reoccuring Dreams" is especially extraordinary, it's one of the best album closers I've ever heard. Nearly amazing, but with some downfalls.

3.0+

(1/2)
>>
File: 50 Cool Albums Chart.png (3MB, 3220x1900px) Image search: [Google]
50 Cool Albums Chart.png
3MB, 3220x1900px
(2/2)

Yes - The Yes Album (1971)
>progressive rock

A lukewarm precursor to Fragile and Close to the Edge, but a decent prog album in it's own right. The epic tracks are typical Yes fare, composed and performed really well, but I guess they lack the charm and sheer over-the-top conviction the best Yes stuff has, they often devolve into some pretty standard psych jams that, while good, seem a tad bit half-baked. They still boast some wonderful instrumental work, and some of Anderson's best vocal works. The short interlude tracks are neat, but unmemorable. "The Clap" has some sick acoustic work though, and it's a lot better than Yes doing blues should ever be in any reality. A nice proper debut.

2.5+

>>72478587
good morning doggo enjoy your vacay
>>
@s
need tourney rec buddyboi

>>72475928
Gutsy pick on the listenalong, not a lot of people actually like The Pop Group here
>>
@ImposterTuco oh god what have we done
>>
>>72479249
I'm hyped about Laurel's album too. We should be friends or something.
>>
>>72479288
Ouch we're not already friends?

But anyway that new single was insane, and I'm glad her vocals are back. Anything else you're looking forward to?
>>
@Torts I don't know all of a sudden I am in an unfamiliar place and have been robbed of my (you)s
>>
>>72479344
>Ouch we're not already friends?
not best friends yet though
>But anyway that new single was insane, and I'm glad her vocals are back. Anything else you're looking forward to?
Personally didn't listen to it yet but if she is singing again, then heck yes. That was one of my favorite parts of Quarantine.

I don't know really. Maybe the possible anniversary boxset of OK Computer if it even happens. Laurel Halo, Oxbow next week but other than that I just don't remember.
>>
>>72479385
You should check it out. The music video is cool too.

I still need to get into Oxbow. They are one of those bands I've seen mentioned a bunch of times on here, but I never checked them out.
>>
>>72479491
Term got me into them. Since then I'm pretty much obsessed.
>>
>>72479542
Yeah I tend to enjoy Term's recs. It'll be on my next chart.
>>
>>72479267
I'm not even a Pop Group fan t b h. I just thought it'd be a fun listenalong (but so far everyone hates it lmao)
>>
>>72479610
Do The Narcotic Story then or maybe Serenade in Red
>>
>>72479630
I don't think it's as bad as everyone says it is, but I like noisy shit even if its just noise for the sake of noise

>>72479635
Not King of the Jews? That's the album I saw the most.
>>
File: Listenalong 89.png (1MB, 1732x1732px) Image search: [Google]
Listenalong 89.png
1MB, 1732x1732px
>>
>>72479671
>Not King of the Jews? That's the album I saw the most.
Personally I think it is massively overrated. The songwriting is a bit too lacklustre imo
>>
>>72479737
I'll take your word for it
>>
@ImposterTuco this is clearly the cryptocurrency alternative to the fiat (you).
>>
>>72479792
You can always come back to it :)
>>
@Torts fr*ck, I got to used to doing this on other sites

also, I've heard the Gnossiennes, my dude
>>
@MarkAnd heck feck fine have this heck what haven't you listened to jeez

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYDT4nISsJE
>>
Kitty Pryde is David Tibet's daughter, what the fuck?
>>
>>72480308
source
>>
>>72480407
http://kittydothedishes.tumblr.com/post/28248100278/i-also-heard-your-dad-was-the-owner-of-supreme
>>
File: cover.jpg (4MB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
4MB, 3000x3000px
A very minimal live performance from the all-mighty chanteuse Diamanda Galas. She is performing some “death songs” on here in a church. It is pretty much a cover album (some Brel here, Albert Ayler’s Angels too).

Her vocal range and the tonal incarnations she produces are amazing as usual. She gets out of her body to create this bare strike of fear, sorrow and agony within the same proximity. This performance reminded me of Schubert’s interpretation of Erlkönig a lot. I guess the song cycle about death is somewhat related thematically to Schubert as well with Winterreise for example.

Her piano playing fits the vocal performance. Mournful and yet full of occasional staccato bursts, erratically entering into the world of Diamanda’s vocal insanity. Slight hints of blues too, especially on O’Death which is the definite centrepiece of the album.

If you think you would like over-the-top dramatic vocal performances about death in a minimalist package, go buy this.

7+/10
>>
>>72480417
holy shit what a cold bastard
>>
>>72480861
I wonder what these "religious reasons" were
>>
File: an tourney.png (3MB, 3136x1996px) Image search: [Google]
an tourney.png
3MB, 3136x1996px
>shamepai vs stick

>felbman - thing
yeah like uh it's morton feldman and it's good but like idk it ain't quite Rothko Chapel is it? 3.0-

>Sd Laika -- That's Harakiri
decent grimey & murky electronic music, there's a couple of jamz on here but I didn't care much for the first three tracks, there also isn't anything on here that struck me as being particularly memorable initially. 2.5+

Shamepai advances, as does trip up due to torts and eric sucking too much, so gonna need recs + meme images from them

>>72475004
(not true, by the way), my listenalongs generally do well :)

>>72476824
it's true tho

>>72479542
thin black duke s o o n

>>72479671
King of the Jews is one of their weaker records, very inconsistent and also a less than ideal introduction to Oxbow, their later albums are much more immediate
>>
>>72480902
FUCK YES

Kinda bummed out I will not be in Berlin at the show, but whatever. H Y P E
>>
>>72480308
FAKE

NEWS
>>
File: MI0001853077.jpg (28KB, 500x493px) Image search: [Google]
MI0001853077.jpg
28KB, 500x493px
>>72481190
>cat is on the cover of Thunder Perfect Mind
>KITTY Pryde
Coincidence? I think not!
>>
@Torts

ok, I haven't heard this so thank
>>
File: IMG_2393.jpg (75KB, 898x748px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2393.jpg
75KB, 898x748px
>>72480902
>sd Laika 5/10

Delete
>>
>>72481321
but that's a 6
>>
>>72481354
Oh you're the one with the wacko rating system nvm
>>
>>72481474
nobody in /daily/ has a normal rating system anymore

2.0 and below is shit i dont care for/dislike, 2.5 is fine but not necessarily something i'd return to, and everything from 3.0 on is shit i like, it's honestly p simple
>>
File: listenalong.png (1MB, 1732x1732px) Image search: [Google]
listenalong.png
1MB, 1732x1732px
honestly just incredibly annoying, not unlike most of the pop group's music (Y is saved by a few good tracks but there's some shite on there too, although it's never quite as obnoxious as this mess)
>>
>>72481563
oh and keep in mind that I ditched the bonus tracks too, which saved me from about 20 more minutes of this bullshit
>>
>>72481492
That sounds pretty normal
>>
>>72481563
Ah hell time to do this I guess.
Really excited after looking at those ratings.
>>
>>72481563
tfw Stick on suicide watch

no seriously someone give this a good rating w o w too savage guys, but I bet if everybody in /daily/ listened to The Return...... they would rate it about the same desu.
>>
wtf it's bad
>>
>>72481601
what the bathory album
>>
File: 1493164470723.gif (2MB, 460x259px) Image search: [Google]
1493164470723.gif
2MB, 460x259px
>>72481633
No the other album titled "The Return......" with specifically six dots. :0
>>
File: 1432154168207.png (17KB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
1432154168207.png
17KB, 255x255px
Dogwander performing Heaven by Talking Heads for the compilation album of /daily/ musicians.

http://www79.zippyshare.com/v/f9uMTOuf/file.html
>>
>>72481625
who woulda thunk

>>72481596
yeh thats what im saying

>>72481601
gomen gomen i didnt mean to hate music but music is bad i cant help it
>>
>>72481601
If that's suicide watch, compare it to the time when I chose an album for it. IIRC there was only one 4/10 rating and nothing higher.
>>
>>72481728
>IIRC there was only one 4/10 rating and nothing higher.
did you died?
>>
>>72481740
no but Batfinks did (literally :( )
>>
>>72481625
rec me
>>
File: Cover.jpg (75KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
75KB, 720x720px
>>72481780
recd u
>>
>>72481833
cool cover
>>
>progressive metal general
>virtually all the posts are namefags/tripfags
I guess
>Progressive x
is confirmed to be nothing but a special snowflake meme after all.
>>
>>72481858
see >>72413457
>>
new
>>72481878
>>72481878
>>72481878
>>
>>72481880
Nice rationalisation for your special snowflake syndrome, pleb.
>>
File: 1454025069457.jpg (41KB, 550x512px) Image search: [Google]
1454025069457.jpg
41KB, 550x512px
>>72481858
holy shit how have you been here for any expanse of time and not know what daily is
>>
>>72481890
i am a special snowflake until proven otherwise
>>
File: seals with guns (5).jpg (81KB, 636x358px) Image search: [Google]
seals with guns (5).jpg
81KB, 636x358px
>>72481858
>progressive metal general
>>
>>72481893
I haven't. I mostly visit /mu/ to shitpost in /classical/. I've always hated "progressive x" genres because they're the epitome of pretension, pop music pretending to be art music.
>>
>>72481913
It's /daily/ prog metal edition. Same difference.
>>
>>72481929
It's in no way a thread about progressive metal as evidenced by the lack of progressive metal discussion. Only an edition made for giggles I guess.
>>
>>72481922
>pop music pretending to be art music
no, it's progressive music being progressive music
see high horse turds like you are why i stopped lurking /classical/, go back to your own shithole
Thread posts: 327
Thread images: 71

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.