[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what do you guys think of NIN? I really dig The Downward Spiral

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8

what do you guys think of NIN?

I really dig The Downward Spiral
>>
It's /mu/core at this point.
>>
>>71884710
It's not that bad
>>
>>71884710
It's not that good
>>
I'm listening to Ghosts I-IV right now and I'm loving it
>>
File: 1484416222344.jpg (38KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1484416222344.jpg
38KB, 400x400px
>>71884698
Trent definitely got some skill, shit like perfect drug, ringfinger, last, burn... come to mind
but the majority of all his shit is depressing, beta, self loathing masochism
and is definitely not real industrial
industrial by default is one of the most alpha, aggressive, in your face (and certainly one of the two of my fav genres. That and technical slamming brutal death metal)
and NIИ just don't cut it
>>
I've not listened to much of theirs. I really enjoyed the EP that just came out but I found the downward spiral to come across as really edgy. I may try it again but it turned me off from their discography since that record is considered their best.
>>
I love it man

It makes me feel something right after I slit my wrists with my vantablack butterfly knife
>>
>>71885053
>>71885020

Hm you're right, their lyrics are edgy, but I really dig Trent's composing and overall instrumentals. Some of the lyrics can get pretty interesting.

I guess I listen to NIN with that awareness that Trent has that style of writing, so I don't mind it much, the instrumentals really pay off.
>>
One of my all time favorites. Trent is one of my favorite producers - the way he's able to create vast soundscapes that still manage to work within the context of a pop song is fucking genius. His lyrics are pretty angsty/edgy sometimes but I don't focus much on lyrics anyway.

I'm actually listening to Broken right now, this thing still fucking rips.
>>
Fucking masterpiece. Do you like The Fragile OP?
>>
File: 1490267499151.jpg (240KB, 1024x728px) Image search: [Google]
1490267499151.jpg
240KB, 1024x728px
>>71885053
pretty hate machine is considered best, by a long shot
even people who don't like the band like it
and if edge turn you off >>>/lgbt/
>>
Only recently had I decided to go back through Trent's discography after being a contrarian hater. Pretty Hate Machine is excellent and I have nothing but respect for Trent now.
>>
>>71885493
Okay but how do you feel about the rest of his discog?
>>
The Downward Spiral is a masterpiece
>>
File: 1413498982528.jpg (33KB, 948x711px) Image search: [Google]
1413498982528.jpg
33KB, 948x711px
>>71885423
>pretty hate machine is considered the best
>>
The Fragile > The Downward Spiral > Pretty Hate Machine
>>
>>71885644
This
>>
File: 1477604375228.gif (2MB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1477604375228.gif
2MB, 600x600px
>>71885607
gtfo!
18+ board
>>
GOD TIER
The Downward Spiral, Ghosts, Still

HIGH TIER
The Fragile, Year Zero, Further Down the Spiral

MID TIER
Pretty Hate Machine, Broken, The Slip, Not the Actual Events, Things Falling Apart

LOW TIER
Closer to God, Fixed, Hesitation Marks

SHIT TIER
With Teeth
>>
>>71885547
I haven't finished quite yet. I'd rather space them out so I can give each release a fair shot.
It's all pretty good if not great so far.
Favorites currently are PHM, Broken, and fixed.
Still need to hear everything after The Fragile.
>>
>>71885378

Haven't listened to it yet as I'm just figuring his stuff out. So far I've listened to The Social Network OST, The Downward Spiral, and Ghosts.
I've been seeing a lot of praise for The Fragile so I'll definitely listen to it when I have the chance.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPuVy65V1uQ

release it trent, i know you're lurking
>>
File: Reznor with Girlfriend.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Reznor with Girlfriend.webm
2MB, 640x480px
>>71886307

Throw in the Quake Soundtrack. It's Downward Spiral: The Instramental
>>
File: starfucker.webm (1MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
starfucker.webm
1MB, 640x480px
>>71886456
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVOHTGYoM6E
>>
>>71884776
underrated album. in their top 4 for sure
>>
>>71884698
Not as good as Slam Bamboo, but not bad
>>
They cool
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.