[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does this nigger even know basic music theory?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

Does this nigger even know basic music theory?
>>
>>71664445
He plays bass bruv
>>
>>71664445
Dude he's a meme. Don't take the melon too seriously. It's all just for fun.
>>
>>71664453
So no
>>
>>71664460
Dude did you catch the latest episode of the meme review?? Funny shit brah I laughed my ass off
>>
No. Music critics don't actually know music theory. That's why he has such colorful phrases like 'icy synths', 'intergalactic instrumentation' and shit like that.
>>
>>71664479
I only watch fantano ironically.
>>
>>71664487
>That's why he has such colorful phrases like 'icy synths', 'intergalactic instrumentation' and shit like that.
Those phrases are more useful that "major 7ths" though.
>>71664468
So yeah it's very possible
>>
>>71664445
What are you trying to accomplish with this thread?
>>
>>71664554
What are you trying to accomplish with this post?
>>
>>71664530
what the fuck is spacey or icy about a major seventh? Its about as warm and unassuming as a chord can get.
>>
>>71664562
>what the fuck is spacey or icy about a major seventh?
I'm not saying they are equivalent. I am saying one language is more useful for music criticism than the other
>>
>>71664571
and that is why you're just a music listener to borrows opinions from your favorite critics
>>
>>71664445
>>71664487

When you're reviewing shitty rap and pop music, music theory is pointless to bring in. This isn't classical music, it has entirely different goals. Fantano's methodology is perfect for his subject matter.
>>
>>71664562
Major sevenths are actually pretty fucking dissonant, bro.
>>
>>71664586
not the anon youre replying too, but do you have autism? im not pro anthony but his descriptions certainly work for what hes describing, only someone with autism wouldnt be able to grasp it
>>
>>71664445
FARTY SYNTHS
>>
>>71664586
>and that is why you're just a music listener
I agree that musicians themselves are also listeners
>borrows opinions from your favorite critics
I never stated my favorite critics though
>>
>>71664487
he uses phrases like that because his audience doesn't know music theory you silly cunt
>>
>>71664617
on their own sure. A major chord with a 7th extension isn't dissonant at all
>>
>>71664445
>>>/b/
>>
>>71664591
Wouldnt music theory apply seamlessly to pop music since it doesnt deviate from anything? if anything, noise would be the least applicable genre to deconstruct using theory norms.
>>
>>71664916
It would, sure. But the majority of the audience is far removed from music theory.
>>
>>71664627

>FARTY SYNTHS

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>71664445
I think he has basic theory. I seem to recall him describing a very basic chord progression at some point, but like most modern pop anoraks, he cares a lot more about timbre than anything else and hand wavy terms like >>71664487 suit that approach perfectly.
>>
>>71664586
you are grasping at straws, mate
>>
>>71664445
Fantano would probably make a good producer but not a songwriter
>>
>>71664487
Who needs music theory anyways when you can just make up your own words to describe things, theory fascists need to gtfo
>>
>>71666600
>who needs language when you can just make up words to communicate you thoughts?
Hilgren brugh thefittle futourist hulg btfo
>>
>>71666921
this but unironically
>'who needs music theory when you're talking about music'
literally the least intelligent comment I have ever read on 4chan, and I have been shitposting since I was 16 years old (I am 25 now)
>>
>>71666921

Language is restricting, In the future we will communicate by transforming ourselves into geometric patterns as predicted by Terence Mckenna from his encounter with mechanical elves (aka time travelers)
>>
>>71667238
>Terence Mckenna
>McKenna formulated a concept about the nature of time based on fractal patterns he claimed to have discovered in the I Ching, which he called novelty theory,[3][5] proposing this predicted the end of time in the year 2012.[5][6][7][8]
Sounds accurate
>>
>>71664445
TRAP INFLUENCED
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.