[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/daily/ - cumblogs editon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 310
Thread images: 77

File: Daily Time.png (168KB, 597x600px) Image search: [Google]
Daily Time.png
168KB, 597x600px
we're the only general that consistently reaches the bump limit other than kpop so do with that what you will.

The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.

https://www.neverendingchartrendering.org/
>come here to make charts

https://plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel
>come here to endlessly circlejerk over meme videos and maybe sometimes hopefully music

http://dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>come here for op pics, charts, listenalongs, misc. stuff

previous thread: >>71599097
>>
first for doopees
>>
Ice-age heat wave, can't complain
>>
File: 50 song meme oir.jpg (464KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
50 song meme oir.jpg
464KB, 620x620px
>The Magnetic Fields - 50 Song Memoir

I find that artists who lampoon the things they so clearly enjoy not only shows a great deal of humility and passion, but also a great sense of humor. Ween and Frank Zappa do this element extremely well, but this idea is ever present probably the most clearly in the discography of The Magnetic Fields. It doesn’t hurt that I also consider Stephin Merritt one of the best songwriters of the modern age. I would argue their output from 1991 to 2004 is unmatched by many modern acclaimed artist, if any at all. An album like 69 Love Songs definitely isn't the kind of thing everyone would be willing to sit through for over three hours, but I really admire it not just for the ambition or sheer length, but more so for it's incredibly consistent steam of well-written pop songs, humorous-yet-genuine-feeling elements, and a thematic togetherness that make it a one-of-a-kind. It's a real treasure.

The reason I include a mini-review for 69 Love Songs in this review is that the two are practically inseparable. Not only are the comparisons of length obvious, but this feels like the bands informal return to form. Sure, Love at the Bottom of the Sea was for all intents and purposes the “real” return to form, but that album sucks. Not only is Stephin writing songs with thematically similar elements, but he’s also writing GOOD music again! Can ya believe it? For real, '67: Come Back as a Cockroach, '76: Hustle 76, and '99: Fathers in the Clouds make up some of the best music Merritt has written in over a decade. As you may see from the titles, every song is based off a single year from Merritt’s life so far, being fifty at this point.

cont...

>>71622438
pretty sure I was first for doopees...
>>
File: merritt dog.png (160KB, 430x286px) Image search: [Google]
merritt dog.png
160KB, 430x286px
>>71622460

“Why’s everything gotta be a gimmick with these guys anyways?” you question, not knowing that these guys have PROUDLY been making better gimmick music than anyone before or after them. Charm of the Highway Strip is a gimmick with country elements, parodying yet praising the genre in a similar fashion to that 69 album everyone loves to talk about, i is a gimmick where every song begins with the letter “I” giving a really tangible personal feel to the collection of songs, and 69 Love Songs is, well, obvious.

However, despite all of these opportunities, ambitions, and promising elements working towards this being one of 2017’s masterpieces, 50 Song Memoir feels extremely half-baked. The really empty fillers here just feel like either Merritt didn’t really try, or the year represented in that song must’ve really sucked. Tracks like '96: I'm Sad!, 91: The Day I Finally..., and '08: Surfin' are just awful, no question about it. Were these b-sides from that last album no one liked? That might make sense actually. 69 Love Songs would be the b-sides from The Magnetic Fields’ years making some of the best well-known modern pop music, and 50 Song Memoir would be the b-sides from their schlock period. The thing is, there’s plenty of good material here, but the amount of rubbish here really makes those two and a half hours crawl on by. These seem to occur much later in the album, and I would argue the first half is pretty top-heavy with better tracks comparatively.

cont...
only one more okay? jeez...
>>
>>71622499

Because of this I really couldn’t strongly recommend this to anybody who isn’t a huge fan of The Magnetic Fields, specifically 69 Love Songs. I really can’t see what a person who didn’t doesn’t cry to Busby Berkeley Dreams bi-weekly would find appealing in this album, truthfully. I say all this despite having a lot of high hopes for this project and almost feeling OBLIGATED to enjoy it, considering how few worthwhile albums have come out this year. Some may criticize the album for its sheer length and be doubtful that someone could write FIFTY decent songs in a span of just five years since The Magnetic Fields last album Love at the Bottom of the Sea, however, Merritt wrote more (and better!) in the just four-year period between 69 Love Songs and Get Lost, so though my doubts were present, I was very hopeful for this release yet somewhat let down.

Cutting around the fat would easily create my AOTYSF, especially if it were about half of its length. However, 50 Song Memoir has too many stinkers to ignore. Give it a shot if Papa Was a Rodeo gives you memories of the countryside you’ve never seen, otherwise feel free to pass.

6/10

Also: FIVE FUCKING CDs for one album? Why? I get that you’re representing five decades of life, but this just turns me off from physically purchasing it. A two and a half hour album could easily fit into just two or three discs.

Looking for feedback so feel free to shit on me as much as possible. Looking back now I'd probably change how much I've posted about other albums instead of the one I'm reviewing, but regardless I like a lot of what I said in this write-up.
>>
>>71622460
I was first reply tho
>>
first for doopees
>>
first for doopees
>>
>>71621566
I LISTENED TO SCOTT KEY AND THE SEARCH PARTY I SWEAR2GOD

I'm so bad about writing reviews omg
>>
>>71622560
nah man I was first for doopees see >>71622576
>>
>>71622594
but... >>71622566
>>
>>71622610
I filtered co so I can't see his posts sorry man idk what you're talking about
>>
>>71622582
just drop yer thoughts! don't gotta write full reviews for everything.

how'd you like Scott key btw? seemed right up your alley.
>>
why does hampus post about his "surperior swedish genes" (white supremacist???) if that nigga bald?!?!?!?!
>>
>>71622658
post of the year
>>
File: 1474854988026.jpg (92KB, 680x660px) Image search: [Google]
1474854988026.jpg
92KB, 680x660px
>>71622658
less hair = less monkey
>>
>>71622635
it was p good. I liked the latter half a lot more than the first. Wasn't a huge fan of the kottke-esque tracks.
citizen/mr. jones and the closer were really good tho
>>
I mostly go to shugazi and kpg but I'm under the impression that you guys post on RYM way more often so I need advice

a lot of my friends are requesting that I do music reviews for their blog sites and that seems like something I'd totally love to do, but I don't really know how to write in that style.

For the past 2 years I've only written in the style of scientific articles which seems way too dry for that + I don't have the music theory knowledge needed to even do so. I considered aping tmt but that seems like it'll either go over people's heads or make my friends hate me. I'm contemplating digging up old hipsterrunoff posts for inspo but before doing that I figure I'd ask my fellow /mu/tants

help me senpai
>>
File: 1489588289887.gif (305KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
1489588289887.gif
305KB, 500x700px
>>71622621
wha t the flip
>>
>>71622911
>I don't have the music theory knowledge needed to even do so
I mean you don't really need that to write about a lot of pop music. Unless you're reviewing anything in the style of classical or jazz you really don't need anything more than very surface-level theory knowledge. Even if you do uncover what technicalities they're using in the music, 95% of all readers won't care.

My advice would be just to read a lot of music reviews. What do you like/dislike about what the writer says? How do they most effectively convey their opinions? What works? More importantly, what doesn't?

Just realizing what opinions you have and why you might have them is a pretty good start, but just starting writing your reviews and re-reading them is another good place.

It's hard to be objective in music opinions, but a good way to try and keep this is to self-insert as little as possible, and never do it in the first paragraph of your review. Even if the reason you like a release is "because it makes me cry :'(" or something, it doesn't make for a particularly interesting piece unless YOU are the subject of the review.

That's all I got.
>>
>>71622911
>>71623037
>self-insert as little as possible
Unless you lead an interesting life, in which case, self-insert as much as possible

see: Lester Bangs
>>
any music after 1965 is trash
1958 is objectively the best year in music
>>
File: nat+triangle shared chart.png (3MB, 1680x1757px) Image search: [Google]
nat+triangle shared chart.png
3MB, 1680x1757px
>>71623037
Scott Key - This Forest and the Sea
>American Primitivism, Contemporary Folk, Psychedelic Folk
Like I said earlier, I wasn't too huge on the Leo Kottke-esque tracks that open up this record. They are too short and flashy without much substance. I like my primitivism when it takes it's time to really explore a theme.
However the latter half of the record mellows out a little and manages to create some pretty strong, folksy melodies. The closer is the only track he really goes full Fahey, raga style.
Citizen was probably my fav track. It's a really memorable tune with a really great melody.
His lyrics are a little on the nose and I'm unsure whether I like his singing voice or not.

The Search Party - Montgomery Chapel
>Psychedelic Folk, Folk Rock, Psychedelic Rock
This album is sooooo close to being great for me. It's got those gorgeous hymnal vocal harmonies and brooding, dark guitar melodies that I love oh so much in The Christ tree.
And it has a few interesting elements of it's own.
A piercing church organ and some interesting percussion elements that I enjoyed. Also the roughness of the recording kind of gave it a raw, earthy feel to the record.
Unfortunately one big flop that holds them out is that they're kinda shitty musicians.
On the more bare-bones, free-flowing tracks they are fine. But when they try to establish a strong rhythm or do solos, the flub so many times, and it really sours any groove they were trying to establish.

>>
>>71622451
I love you
>>
first for doopees
>>
>>71623194
I've only hear eight albums from 1958 please save me from my low-tier intelligence please.

>>71623268
don't reply to me EVER again.

>>71623153
Bangs rarely self-inserted though, right? At least from what I've read.

Only Bangs work I can really think I dislike is his infamous Black Sabbath - s/t review. Maybe it had more meaning at the time, but it makes no sense now.

>>71623533
me too thanks
>>
>>71623587
fishmans is poo poo
>>
Mount Eerie - A Crow Looked At Me
>powerviolence, twee pop, EDM
Basically a more shocking and disturbing version of Buyer's Market. The Grimes feature was decent, but the best performer on the record was clearly the Cornell Lab of Ornithology. The recording of the crow while it was looking at Phil was genius.
1.5/10
>>
>>71623590
I mean, that's a given.
>>
>>71623601
Phil's line about African-Americans was questionable, but totally redeemed by his 2nd verse on "These Hoes Don't Know 'Bout My (something)".
>>
You know what, nah, nevermind.
>>
Good morning /daily/

Going to listen to Violator while answering work emails for the next hour. Hopefully it's a better than what I remember
>>
haha wtf this Dio album is great.

I'M HAVING SHIT TASTE AND NO ONE CAN STOP ME

>>71623695
I keep returning to Violator every once and a while hoping one day it'll click for me, but it never has.
>>
>>71623626
Honestly the record could have been a 10 but Rick Rubin really shit the bed production wise. And I don't know what Phil was thinking, digging up shinji's corpse for the album cover
>>
File: Tourney.jpg (701KB, 3180x2096px) Image search: [Google]
Tourney.jpg
701KB, 3180x2096px
This first one might trigger a few people...

emmdubya recs:

Djeli Moussa Diawara - Yasimika (1983)
>Mande Music
It's nice and pleasant throughout, with interesting interplay between the kora and the balafon (xylophone-esque instrument), but nothing here really grabbed me. I also didn't like how little variation there was, and I wasn't too big on the group vocals. I can tell that the performers put their heart and soul into this, but it just isn't for me.

EthyBoy recs:

Dadawah - Peace and Love (1974)
>Nyahbinghi
This album had such a cool sound; dark, psychedelic reggae. The echoey percussion and deep bass created such a hypnotic atmosphere that I often got lost in. "Zion Land" was fantastic.

catsup recs:

Varg - Nordic Flora Series Pt.1: Heroine (2016)
>Minimal Techno
The first three tracks were great dub-influenced techno that somehow sounded unique in the often-samey genre of dub techno. The last track, "Heroine II", was horribly bland and sounded like a SAW Aphex Twin clone.

triangle recs:
George Stavis - Labyrinths (1969)
>American Primitivism
Stavis' banjo playing is impeccable and the percussion compliments it perfectly. The interplay between the two instruments was mesmerizing and incredible. His rendition of "My Favorite Things" was cool.

!wmxP/NHJxA, EthyBoy, Darklands, and triangle move on (recs pls)! Thanks for playing emmdubya, yamir, catsup, and Rudi!
>>
>>71623037
Thank you, this is pretty good advice.
>>
>>71623831
(does anyone know who this trip with no name is?)
>>
>>71623831
>only one person below a 7 has moved on so far
ruh-oh

>>71623857
np. I'm no expert myself, I can only speak on what reviews I like and do not. I'm working on writing above-mediocre reviews atm, so I can relate.

>>71623874
no clue but I'd take on the burden of claiming his spot if need be
>>
>>71623883
I'm amazed I haven't had any ties yet. Idk what my plan for ties is desu. Probably an EP lightning round.

>no clue but I'd take on the burden of claiming his spot if need be
If worst comes to worst I'll probably have the people who had the highest score that didn't make it through do a lightning round for the spot
>>
>>71623831
Welp... seems like playeeo canr win then all

Was hooing that woild bw my go to tournet destroyer but ya know its a fugging reggaeton mix
>>
>>71624110
Don't give up on it! It was really close to a 7 for me and I could see others really liking it.
Also that was an incredible amount of typos.
>>
File: me in irl.jpg (43KB, 500x342px) Image search: [Google]
me in irl.jpg
43KB, 500x342px
night y'all love ya <333
>>
>>71623831
time machines - s/t
>>
>>71624240
Typing in the bathroom at 3am man

>>71624554
Rip whoevers against you
>>
File: Tourney V.png (3MB, 3870x3790px) Image search: [Google]
Tourney V.png
3MB, 3870x3790px
Various ArtistGs - Vancouver Complication (Jangle&Bojangle) vs Minutemen - Double Nickels on the Dime (rym robot man)
Good energetic Vancouver punk compilation. If I had a car, I wish I had a bazillion of cassette tapes with this stuff.
Minutemen has some amazing mixture of punk rock and post-punk guitar sound. The vocals seem effortless yet quite decent.

Einstürzende Neubauten - ½ Mensch (s) vs The Ex + Tom Cora - Scrabbling at the Lock (rym robot man)
I definitely prefer ominous anxious Blyxa vocals here over calm phlegmatic Blyxa on Lament. Tribal elements are working great on the album.
Even though I always like ethnic elements in music, never thought gypsy violin could sound so cool somewhere. The Ex and Tom Cora managed to integrate it just fine.
>>
File: when em got yawr beers.jpg (387KB, 1100x1147px) Image search: [Google]
when em got yawr beers.jpg
387KB, 1100x1147px
>>71625555
Q U A D
Also happy St.P
>>
>>71623268
the closer on the key album is fuckin dope
>>
File: safe as milk.jpg (389KB, 787x1116px) Image search: [Google]
safe as milk.jpg
389KB, 787x1116px
have you guys checked out the safe as milk festival

pretty cool lineup iyam
>>
> Deep Purple - Made In Europe

Another trip down the memory lane with this. This album was constantly in rotation in dad’s CD changer. It had some studio DP albums, but none of them ever got close to this. The album tracks sound much more organic in a live setting.

The way Burn opens with this tender guitar playing from Blackmore and goes into Coverdale saying “rock and roll” is one of these spine-tingling moments I adore music for. Ritchie is such an outstanding blues guitarist and he only proves that right time and time again on this record.

Mistreated is simply one of the greatest live performances I have ever heard. Even the rather cheesy “BABY BABY BABY” from Coverdale is so genuine that it fucking hurts. I don’t understand why people gave this guy so much shit after Gilan left. He is a fantastic vocalist. This is all disregarding the amazing playing from Blackmore that never manages to go into the technical wankery that lots of the “virtuosos” implement in such performances. Instead, he walks the thin line between showing off and heartfelt blues riffs.

Jon Lord also gets a showcasing number on here. You Fool No One is a lengthy jam with some great keyboard work as an introductory passage for the main tune. Entrancing with some silly switches to stuff like Hava Nagila of all things. The song itself is tight and it only benefits from the additional passages from Blackmore and Lord.
They got the stronger cuts from “Stormbringer” on this one as well. Both are short and sweet, with a lot of unnecessary cheese removed from the studio versions (those synths on Stormbringer especially).

Fantastic live performance that I consider to be exemplary for rock and roll.

9/10
>>
>>71623831
triggered

that stavis record sounds good though downloading

>>71625645
Man this is pretty great, I've already got a ticket to Field Day and have fuck all money but this is really tempting. Warm Digits were pretty good at Cosmosis last year.

finishing off my chart now, might start a tourney in a week or so
>>
File: british bully boys.jpg (38KB, 374x266px) Image search: [Google]
british bully boys.jpg
38KB, 374x266px
>>71625595
word
>>
>>71622658
Haha does biotroll still post here? I just came back to this board after thinking about the old times. Who else is still around from five years ago?
>>
>>71623719
>liking Dio
>shit taste
pick ONE
>>71625555
nice digits
haus der lüge and everything before is raw industrial neubauten to some extent or another
ende neu and after they go 'experimental' rock
I recommend the former if you want to dig into them
>>71625744
o this is where 'made in studio' is based from
>>
>>71623831
Winner incoming
Steffen Basho-Junghans - In the Morning Twilight
>>
>>71625939
Artanis occasionally
>>
File: otokotachi no wakare.jpg (39KB, 500x490px) Image search: [Google]
otokotachi no wakare.jpg
39KB, 500x490px
So basically, I've finished the remaster and rewriting of my review of Fishmans- Otokotachi no Wakare. At 30.300 and something characters long I assume this is the longest review of Otokotachi no Wakare there has ever existed and is the equivalent of 20 pages of a book or so. For comparison I think my initial review was around 10K letters long so it's basically thrice as long.

Even though I am aware this isn't and can't be the definitive review of the album, after all I tried my best to avoid too much technicalities or talking about things such as timing, keys and etc so improvements (both in content and intention) can be achieved. Instead, this will serve as a more standard review.

My initial motivation in making this review was in the direction of making a quick write up on the album that can be useful for people as there isn't many to be found online. And since I like the band I said why not. It wouldn't take much time anyway. This is an album that people might enjoy. And people who haven't listened to it might feel compelled to give it a chance and listen to it.

So are you prepared? Yes. So let's go straight to it...

Fishmans - Otokotachi no Wakare (98.28.12)
>genres: Dream Pop, Pop, Shibuya Kei, Dub, Post-Rock
>>
>>71626020
>post-rock
off to a fine start
>>
File: smile.jpg (2KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
smile.jpg
2KB, 320x180px
>1. Oh Slime: 9/10
>duration: 7:51
Perhaps my favorite Fishmans opener ever. The beggining acoustic guitar riffs that will serve as subtle background music through the whole track send chills down my spine every time. Sato also seems quirkier here than the usual, a little eccentric perhaps, almost as if the spirit of an old japanese woman singer from the endo period took over his body for the night and his soul struggled with her spirit for the control of Sato's body and this contributes a little for the tension build up, but nonetheless he also seems very chill and happy. The introduction of the band is such an awesome, emotional moment, all the members are chanting happy and celebrating each other and once someone is called, they begin repeating their names one by one in a choral echo, playfully and never losing the sense of joy and fun, somewhat rescuing that long lost childhood wonder feel, all mixed with some kind of internal band banter. After every member is already presented to the public, Sato emerges with a discreet vocal discharge, beautiful and instrospective while powerful at the same time, almost like a whispered chant accompanied with Honzi's superb and graceful violin strings, and in sum, Oh Slime gives a quick rundown on all the spectrums and forms the show will take from track 2 onwards, from acoustic and dub dream pop to orgasmic and abstract sounds and pure improvisation. The band seems to indulge more and more in fun as the song nears it's end, uttering repeatedly in choir something like "I'm nuts to take it all night" and at last, setting forth that feel of childish joy and pure bliss that most Fishmans songs are known for.
(Also a small curiosity: Fishmans uses "Slime" in here as a play with the word "Smile", if you haven't noticed)
>>
File: 666.jpg (666KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
666.jpg
666KB, 666x666px
>>71626020
oh fuck
>>
>2. Night Cruising (ナイトクジング): 9.5/10
>duration: 6:25
So let me start off by saying how orgasmic the quality of the audio is. The sound is so immersive you can hear about almost every little trace of sound in the music, every instrument nuance and shape. With 1.4MB/s bitrate file it sounds like you're in a very privileged top spot in the concert to the point where immersion and emotional power is almost complete and it's difficult to say whether the keyboards are coming out of the speakers or from behind your head or by your side. Sato's voice also flows perfectly, and is so beautiful it's instantly eye tearing. Cheesy I know but it's possibly the first thing that comes to mind when I think about "beautiful japanese music that will make you cry". This is so beautiful and relaxing it's like seriously entering into a nirvana trance.

Night Cruising has a dreamy ambiance and this is the absolute definitive version of it, which is really quite the achievement. Even the weirder moments manage to be deeply touching and is just beautiful. Sato's itself voice is flowering with emotion, flowing as a watery, dreamy entity, haunting from the deep of the sea. The original track was one of Fishmans biggest hits, if not the biggest, and this coming out already in the beggining might appear as surprise but in my opinion this is exactly where the song achieves stronger effect. The mid section of the sounds like the captain of the cruise talking to someone(?) through a radio signal, and the dreamy ambiance is really one of the most immersive there is. The studio version uses abundant imagery and sounds like you are floating in the air at night, seeing a cruise sailing near the docks while hosting a party inside. The approach for this one is more round and sentimental.
>>
File: lucky.png (158KB, 534x403px) Image search: [Google]
lucky.png
158KB, 534x403px
>3. なんてったの: 9/10
>duration: 6:26
A really beautiful, soul clutching dream pop track. Very beautiful and emotional (heck, the entire album is like that), sounding like you are caught inside a trance. The melody in special is a delight. The keyboard notes will often remind me that of classical japanese music, with beauty, simplicity, eerie, but nonetheless with a stunning emotional power capable of making you stop, sit down and just listen to it like a little child in wonder. Every key sounds like sakura blossoms tumbling in a garden of grass blades. In the chorus there's some kind of languid wisdom in Sato's voice urging to escape and communicate something, that simply cannot be said with words. The ambience is also fully engulfing and immersive, like you are stepping in another world. It far overwhelms the version of studio from King Master George, this one being totally dream pop and with few or only discreet traces of any other genre. Coming after Night Cruising, the aura of both almost manages to blend due to the sheer smiliarity of ethereal aura of both songs, but the core of the composition is still remarkably unique on it's own.This is a little faster than the previous track but still slow paced, and almost meditative at parts.

Now there's the banter time. Shinji says something about loving to play for the audience. And of course we all love to listen to shinji. Here comes Thank You.

>Band Member Personnel: Motegi, drums. (Later of Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra, a long standing group, famous as a big band ensemble of contundent and public friendly jazz-ska fusion. Motegi doesn't appear as much in the beggining of the show, even though his playing is sure and firm for most of the time and is really exceptional at his best.) He is also one of the few original members of Fishmans along Sato and Kashiwabara.
>>
And also who is ready for my Fishmans review?
>>
>>71626080
Jazz?
>>
File: 1489705246071.jpg (52KB, 500x299px) Image search: [Google]
1489705246071.jpg
52KB, 500x299px
>>71623560
I can't speak for all the reviews, but what I've read (the Psychotic Reactions and Carburetor Dung collection, and some), Bangs was constantly self-injecting. His reviews were always about his feelings and his experiences. They are excellent fun to read, and usually pretty good reviews too. He more often self-injects in his interviews, which I find funny—they're more like storied accounts of the interaction than interviews.

And yeah, Black Sabbath, Astral Weeks, Metal Machine Music, off the top of my head

>>71625645
>Basic Rhythm
>Basic House
>no Basic Channel
heck

>>71626020
>too much technicalities
Am I an asshole for being deeply upset whenever somebody messes up much/many?

>>71626080
so you think you're funny huh
>>
>>71625953
Yup!

Hijokaidan also did a spoof with the Made In Japan cover.

Btw thoughts on Houston Thursday?
>>
File: hqdefault-2.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault-2.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>4. Thank You: 9/10
>duration: 2:57
Kind of a dream pop dub fusion, catchy and wild, with a higher tempo in contrast to the easy on the ears and beautiful melodies of the previous tracks. The lyrics are fantastic and unusual at the same time, but the "Thank You for My Life" part is a standout very emotional here. As a whole a perfect pop song that is also a quick break to regain breath, or a bridge between the previous tracks and the following ones. What never ceases to impress me is Fishmans phenomenal play with the limitations of the genre, they made reggae sound like a totally different style to the point of one not being able to distinguish a song such as this from ska or even rock due to their unusual choices of playing instruments: when the guitar is playing reggae, the bass is playing rock or vice versa, but in the end it is still perfectly understandably as a biting, heavy reggae track. So in one way I think this is also a pretty important record for reggae afficionados. Fishmans picked up the experimental and progressive essence of their shibuya kei influences and when they turned it to reggae they managed to make magic with the formulas they knew about. Eventually they would turn to ambient pop, but the mark they left behind on dub is nonetheless fantastic. And that guitar again, acid and instantly catchy. The structure of the song and the chorus in particular reminds me a little of psych, baroque pop from bands of the 60s, its really lush and fun.

Also reminds mea little of the time I went to Japan. I was walking through the streets of Tokyo, peering at the architecture of the buildings. There was a newspaper salesman ahead of me. Well no one really reads these nowadays right? People will just, you know, pick up their tablets and iphones and browse a blog or digital newspaper or something of the sort. In the headlines there was something about the warning of an earthquake in some country nearby. And I thought. Funny. How things can change...
>>
>>71626020
wew, you could write one of these 33 1/3 books about that
>>
>>71626091
Fishmans - 98.12.28
>post-bop, free improvisation, dark jazz

[1/?]
>>
>>71625849
Yeah i can't afford it either, but damn i would like to see Shirley Collins especially. Fortunately i'm seeing This Is Not This Heat at Click Festival in may, along with Puce Mary & Drew Mcdowall, Martin Rev, Holly Herndon, Mykki Blanco, Yves Tumor and some other stuff i don't know.

Field Day doesn't look half bad either.
>>
baka its like this nibba didn't even graduate high school.
>>
>>71626123
>baka
wew is that new
>>
>>71626108
>not including a "dark memebient" genre tag
>>
>>71626131
(More like "dank memebient" amiright?XD)
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (8KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
8KB, 480x360px
>5. Lucky Guy (幸せ者): 8.5/10
>duration: 4:04
This is what is possibly my least favorite track off Kuuchuu Camp, which is still relatively nice because the album is fantastic and also the beggining of Fishmans departure from dub and heading to a dream pop, ethereal style. At this point you'll realize that this live album is all about the approach though, and even a track such as Lucky Guy becomes eering, and beautiful (these keyboards), with stunning arrangements, and I love the chorus especially. In the track Sato is kinda of telling a story, as the song progresses and becomes more vivid and experimental in the "Fishmans" way that we all know very wwel, and this story is about how the world is living unhappy because we all are fake and self absorbed. It's pretty interesting to see this side of him as the writer, most will write Fishmans off as just nice feel good music but he was also a sharp and even bitter lyricist which again, may come off as surprise (but not really of course. if you understand the native language). In Kuuchuu Camp the song is all about the singing, but in here the instrumentation is pretty generous as well and since you are involved into a elusive, dreamy landscape, you may just enjoy the music and pay attention to the lyrics in second hand. Another key characteristic of this song besides the lyrics are the distorted, almost atonal guitar notes and the instrumental experimentation at the end which is quirky and also sounds sort of aquatic here. The keyboard notes are subtle, and somewhat similar to the previous tracks, but gorgeous all the same. We'll see more of that soon...again this track may appear more intellectual than the others, but makeno mistake, all of them have some kind of nuance in the writing you can take something from.
>>
>>71626131
Also
>Shadow Music
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (39KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
39KB, 1280x720px
>6. 頼りない天使: 8.8/10
>duration: 4:53
Now just imagine if Fishmans decided to play dream pop and reggae mixed with church organs? Not only Fishmans pull this insanity out completely but they also do it superbly and effortlessly. This song is intensely beautiful and different, starting with the aforementioned sounds of church organ (i didn't see the live performance in DVD unfortunately but i'd wager this is the finely tuned sampler in action) to Sato's beautiful, smooth vocals singing about an angel in his life. This is of course a love song about two people in love, like many other songs in the Fishmans catalogue, but paying attention to the subtleties it's easy to see someone having this one as one of their favorite songs in the first part of this set. It's beautiful and with a flavor of melancholic, yet enchanting atmosphere, perhaps one of the more straight forward pop songs of the night but still nice, it's simple and yet intense, and the synth in the chorus is dreamy and at the same time fiercely penetrating, almost if it was crying seriously, and of course the dream pop ambiance surround really adds to the whole. Just good stuff. Another highlight in this track goes for Kashiwabara who is phenomenal with these basslines.

>Band Member Personnel: Kashiwabara, former bassist of Fishmans. Another player from the very main lineup of Fishmans, alongside Montegi and Sato. Providing groovy yet technically complex bass lines and being one of the highlights of the night as well. His style is heavily influenced by funk and dub, providing one of Fishmans main stepping foot bases.
>>
File: img_0.jpg (17KB, 350x267px) Image search: [Google]
img_0.jpg
17KB, 350x267px
>7: ひこう: 8.7
>duration: 9:11
This songs always sounded ludicrously similar to me. It's the most dub oriented track of the night and the beggining does have some moisted earth feel to it which is impressive considering the intensity of the flowing dream pop ambiance - perhaps the sound of the dream pop bits being somewhat raw sounding allowed for this. Anyways, it's just the result of fantastic direction throughout and also not forgetting a flawless choice of instruments, making every track blend to each other seamlessly. Sato says something about a rather peculiar airplane drawing pictures in the sky and stories being forever the same, which I assume is another, more abstract love song. Also interestingly, this was a song from their debut and perenially ignored album Chappie Don't Cry, which did moderate success and kickstarted the band's career. The song's title in translation for English is "Airplane", and the element of airplane and airplane jet trails is constant, almost in an absurd way but it's all to bring attention to the main core of the song which is about two people having some kind of abstract realization. It's difficult to put the ideas of the song to words in a coherent manner, but it's about the stillness of life. Much like the previous track it's also a little bit more conventional pop oriented, albeit there are also some twists in here. The guitar solo in the middle of the track is rather crazy and becomeschaotic with some strumming of two notes, and just when are you less expecting the song once again returns to the main chorus.

Part I
>>
File: mpv-shot0023.jpg (24KB, 770x476px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0023.jpg
24KB, 770x476px
>>71626097
Pretty good, I love the punk energy combined with noisy guitars and the vocals are great (the vocalist doesn't seem to perform in many records :/ ). The DVD version which is the one I listened to is missing some tracks though, I think the first ten minutes or a bit more. The video is just of them playing, Jandek lookin sicc.

Is there more like this? Also, essential live Jandek shows?
>>
>>71626186
Part II

I have to say that Kashiwabara makes the beggining of this song as epic, groovy and intense as it is, his playing in this song was the main percursive element and it totally kicks ass while also being very relaxing, drawing a lot from his dub influences. Arguably, the closest to the main spot he's ever been. It's a pretty sweet song anyway, delightful.

After the end there's a bit with Shinji talking with the audience. You definitely can't tell it's that guy who is singing, his normal speaking voice is relatively really low reaching and makes me wonder how did he manage to get so high pitched while singing. Probably intensive training.

He says something sad. About meeting in the future, and about how people _even himself_ can change through thr years. Is it merely his bitter dark humor or was he saying something he genuinely felt? You can never know. Following that he presents us with a song that is meant to remind us that things happen in life.
>>
Every time someone writes an autistically long fishmans review i die a little inside

>>71625645
>butthole surfers, nww, ulver, actress, chrome
Eh

>the residents
>this is not this heat
hmm

>ata kak
OOF
>>
File: intheflight.jpg (8KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
intheflight.jpg
8KB, 480x360px
>8. In The Flight: 9.5/10
>duration: 6:48
The song starts off unpretentious, withacoustic, homely and subdued guitar riffs and restrained singing much like the studio version in Uchu Nippon Setagaya, sounding like a song you'd find lost and full of dust among your albums, occasionally listen to it out of interest and then say "yeah this is cool". But the differences become more obvious as the song goes on. This one issadder, more beautiful, and has a strong emphasis on the music virtuosity and on the sea ambiance compared the studio version. Driven by a relaxed drumming and lyrics about lies and ultimately flying in the air(?) which makes absolute sense in the own unique, weird world of the song, while walking to an inevitable crescendo. After the main lyrics are finished a nice vibration of sounds follow. You can hear all sorts of watery texture, like walking in the ground of the sea and is impressive to the senses. I thought it's a little funny because the song is about floating in the air and in the song it sounds like they are swimming stuck in opea sea.

And by the ways, this is the exact turning point of the album. I don't know which LP out of the 4 this track comes in, but would probably guess it's either in the beggining of LP 3 or the very last track of LP 2.

Part I
>>
>>71626102
And the writing quality would be about the same, tbqh

some of those 33 1/3 books are so awkwardly-written
>>71626223
Its the same guy every time, p sure
>>
>>71626245
Part II

Halfway through, the song takes a twist. With Sato providing lyric-less vocals and the violin emerging and doing an absolutely jaw dropping, stunning performance, with Honzi maneuvering the strings with such enormous heartfelt confidence. It's the most intense moment of the night up to that point and the one that will make you hold the edge of your seat if you haven't already. And just like that, the number ends, the violin fading away surely to a climax with what to me sounds like a combination of hip hop beats with funk and energetic drumming, with strong and mad basslines on the top. This kind of music breaking resource was used extensively in Shibuya Kei at the time, and it's a groovy climax to the song, again totally unexpected and crazy awesome. (At this point the album goes from aquatic dream pop to full blown dream aquatic. Now there's no coming back anymore.)

The Fishmen become Fish
>>
>>71626257
It's literally fish too
>>
>>71626197
I think the vocalist is Jandek's wife! She was on most of the post-2009 live shows, was in the play he did and either does vocals or plays Thermin.

From essentials, I would recommend:
>Manhattan Tuesday
>Glasgow Sunday 2005
>Atlanta Saturday
>Seattle Friday
>Athens Saturday
>Brussels Saturday (has Sheila on vocals as well)
>>
>>71626257
he posted this exact review with fewer words earlier this week
>>71626284
nah even fish has much better prose than this
>>
File: 1902000.jpg (74KB, 300x196px) Image search: [Google]
1902000.jpg
74KB, 300x196px
>9. Walking in the Rhythm: 9.5/10
>duration: 7:48
The original studio recording of Walking in the Rhythm is one of Fishmans most iconic tracks and has received various remixes to this day. The epicness of listening to it for the first time, coming in contrast with the far calmer ambient sound of the previous tracks in Uchu Nippon Setagaya is absolutely jawdropping and the chorus, sung in english, good god is it catchy! It also was for the most of its 13 minutes a minimalist ambient and somewhat daring song. This version in the show is economic, all the fat was cut out and this is yet another different take on the song which some may or may not prefer to it. This one is far quirkier here than the studio version, and shorter, as if it was condensed in a radio single format and received the "Season" treatment (the single 5 minutes version of you have guessed right, Long Season). This version of Walking it's a different, electronic sounding, funkier and a little more melancholic take on the song, and sounds like you are literally listening to the show inside a giant, immense aquarius. It's pretty wild and weird, an unexpected work that is somewhat mysterious even, but the element that remains is the sheer energetic, up vibes of the song. The violin solo is absent in this approach, replaced by a sweet guitar solo that sounds like it's kind of fading away but not quite and also sounds like it's being played underwater. At the end of the trademark choir uttering exhausted "walking in the rhythm" repeatedly there's yet another minute long hip hop break similar to the one heard on In The Flight, and at the end of that break there's yet another break, this time even crazier, aquatic sounding shibuya kei mixed with a stunning hard rock influenced guitar solo. The climax is breathtaking.
>>
>>71626296
>he posted this exact review with fewer words earlier this week
This is the best part. Guess he thought it went over well
>>
File: hqdefault-1.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault-1.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>10. Smilin Days, Summer Holiday: 9.4/10
>duration: 4:57
One of the few tracks of this set clocking below the 5 minutes mark, from the very first second it sounds quite emotionally charged and fast paced, as if Sato had no time to waste anymore and had just decided to abandon all plans ahead, go all out and sing and play the music as quick as possible, but then it gets unexpectedly avant quirky in the middle, harkening back to the sonic experimentation of contemporaries Boredoms and the proto plunderphonics of Flipper's Guitar and the extravagant art pop collage of Pizzicato Five almost like in a childish manner but since the intention was to sound as playful as possible this was a fitting choice. Shouldn't come much as a surprise as the Smilin Day is not that conventional of a track, though it's perfectly straightforward. Montegi once again appearing really well with energetic yet well mannered drumming, and this is a really detailed song, rich in elements. The aquatic feeling is intensely permeating every track since In The Flight and I think this is really interesting. The trademarky sax solo (or is that a trumpet? Have no idea if it's a sampler or a guest either but probably the latter) and of course it's pleasant as well. It is barely what i'd consider complex, but it's intense and the timing is also excellent, almost like if John Coltrane was playing a minimal tropical music style. It's a great song with lots going on, ending on a sayisfying note.

>Band personnel: Sekiguchi
Second guitarist in the show, consistent guest member of Fishmans. He's mostly on the background in this mix but he does a great job and provides some of the most thrilling and technically stunning guitar numbers (if not also a little of weirdness) in the night (see Long Season).
>>
>>71626257
The worst one I tried to read was one of the Radiohead ones, honestly who chooses these writers
>>
>>71626332
I mean, John Darnielle wrote one. My guess is they take pitches, because some of the album choices are pretty unexpected. You could even write one, anon.
>>
File: honzi.jpg (54KB, 425x637px) Image search: [Google]
honzi.jpg
54KB, 425x637px
>11. Melody: 9.7/10
>duration: 5:49
This one was a slow grower for me. Coming just after the craziest, most excentric tracks on the album at that point, coming after Smilin Days and just before ゆらめき In The Air means that a subtle track such as this one is going to pass overlooked in some way. But surprisingly or not I've been playing this one far more often than almost every other track in this album recently.

It's fairly certainly more emotional than the studio counterpart but I still hadn't realized how powerful this one could become when played in the right occasion.

Here's my story: One day, not too long ago, I was playing this version of "Melody" occasionally, inside my room, just enjoying the chills, and then I decided to look up the lyrics. After a while i realized the lyrics will translate to something like "playing music inside this room, music flowing, dark melody, the landscape i see through the window, the sun will change people in this room, let me dream for another two hours" and so on, the kind of inspiring lyrics you only dream of. Melody is in my mind Sato's love letter to music and within the context of the album is just heartbreaking. Sato was also acclaimed as a lyricist so no surprise here, he also knew how to write touching lyrics like a top class frontman. Melody has a happy, groovy rhythm in the studio, but in here the rendering is nuanced and melancholic.

A rising mist...
>>
>>71626289
>I think the vocalis is Jandek's wife!
How come?
>the play he did
He did a play?
I'm way behind of Jandek lore
>>
File: 1489533276609.gif (457KB, 390x293px) Image search: [Google]
1489533276609.gif
457KB, 390x293px
>>71626284
if this is what Fish looks like writing more than a single sentence per review, I can't blame him for going anon
>>71626330
>Montegi once again appearing really well with energetic yet well mannered drumming, and this is a really detailed song, rich in elements.
this made me laugh out loud

is English not your first language, my man? If not, this all makes a lot more sense
>>
File: 1489510419014.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1489510419014.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>12. ゆらめき In The Air: 10/10
>duration: 16:00
The last fully finished Fishmans song to be released, only a couple of months prior to this concert. I don't think Fishmans had performed it live before. The studio recording is not the most accessible song of Fishmans auvre, and stylistically sounds like it could've been part of "Uchu Nippon Setagaya", but ultimately did not make the cut. But in this live version the song comes to life. Completely. A full fledged lush, subtle prog-pop anthem and a magical rollercoaster. It starts out with a cloud. A mist, picking up directly from the end of Melody. A meditational one minute will pass by without nothing but the sound of clouds droning, climbing and reaching to the sky. Once Montegi's drums kicked in I was seeing in the past and the future at the same time and I was already sure this was going to be an absolutely devastating performance. After Sato's initial utterings which was enough to make me shed a tear , proceeded a melancholic build up, phrases about love, losses, the crescendo of the involving aquatic ambiance that at this point, is almost impossible to tell whether these are suppose to represent sea flowing or a cloudy sky thousands of feet above, ultimately calming down only to explode with such an unbelievably breathtaking Sigur Roesque, almost sonar sounding vocals and what is also possibly the greatest Honzi's performance wielding the violin ever. The lyrics are that of a love song, almost abstract and very emotional. The main lines can be translated to more or less like: "I hope you don't fade away again In The Air". After a whole ballet of sensational and truly orgasmic voices, the song at last ends, with a fall of dark, nightly flutes, only to pick up yet another crescendo, this time for an uncertain but satisfying climax.

Part I
>>
>>71626386
Her name is Sheila Smith. His name is Sterling Smith.

They constantly keep performing together and she was on his last full length http://www.brownrainbow.com/jandek/

The play they did is Kooken,you might have seen it
http://video.klru.tv/video/2365357311/

Might be his daughter but I kinda doubt it.
>>
>>71626414
Part II

There isn't much left to say after that. Fishmans ascended from dream aquatic to cloudy dream pop, finally reaching the sky high. I'm not gonna be very generous but in my opinion this is one of the greatest songs you are likely to hear...ever.

>Band member personnel: Honzi, violin, accordion, keyboards, long time contributor and member of Fishmans, impeccable multi instrumentalist that exceled at the violin and was constant presence in all Fishmans albums since Kuuchuu Camp. Provided some of the most stunning and eye watering violin performances you are likely to hear from Fishmans or else. She passed away in 2007.
>>
File: 1489508483495.jpg (8KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1489508483495.jpg
8KB, 480x360px
>13. Ikareta Baby: 8.6/10
>duration: 5:38
I was reading a Bertold Brecht book once and some words immediately catched the attention of my little mind at the time. There was something about making the stage so ludicrous and elusive to the point where the audience has no other choice but look away from the fantasy directly to reality. I think it can be applied to music as well, especially in nigh operatic concerts such as this and here i'll point out something I found funny in Ikareta Baby. Contrasting to In The Air Ikareta builds up an air of cozy simplicity. The first minute is an introspective one man show with Sato singing alone in front of the stage and emotionally the beggining of Ikareta (Fishmans most popular song at that point) with his guitar, to immense cheers of the audience. The version is simple, I do think it's not that much better or even better at all than the studio version, and neither surpasses Wedding Baby which is fun and irreverent, track accompanied of the beautiful Max Single of Melody and in my opinion, still trumps over all other versions of the song. Still, the nightly synths are really sweet, and really ludicrous to the point of not being totally believable and however saccharine and sweet to the ears it may sound to me, it doesn't achieve half as much of the impact as Yurameki had, actually having quite the opposite reaction: it almost seems like a break time for the band to recover breath. But yes of course it's a nice, emotional track even though it's a tad bit economic especially considering the songs that came before and the closer. Would say it does well within context, even if mostly because it was their most asked song. And anyways, it was really good... can't complain with Fishmans. This was a stunning note to go, and at last we finally arrived at the grand finale.

Part I
>>
>>71626493
Part II

>Band Member Personnel: Shinji Sato, leader, founder, body and soul of Fishmans, skilled guitar player, lyricist and exceptional singer who could reach the highest levels of androgeny you are likely to hear ever in music and many have mistook his voice for that of a woman even. Raised in a time where doing weird pop was hip among indie musicians, his compositions are heritage of a scene highly involved and influenced by shibuya kei, and also heavily influenced by reggae and dub especially in Fishmans early career. Shinji did some notoriously odd mannerisms on the show even though he looked quite chill most of the time, but heck the band's sound is eccentric anyways. Totally great dude and a musical mind. Passed away in 1999.
>>
>>71626432
Ah makes sense.
Anyway thanks for the live record recs, I'm close to finishing this yamir chort and in need of new stuff.
>>
File: 1489511184996.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1489511184996.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>14. Long Season: 10/10
>duration: 41:31
A slow burning, instrumentally packed and a more experimental version of their masterpiece song. Possibly the longest song you wished was even longer. In this track, the band was already absolutely exhausted. They had given their best, their all and their everything in every single track prior to that. Sato in particular _it's hard to see him topping his performance in Yurameki In The Air, or even have enough breath to reach that far. But Fishmans didn't go for that route. Instead they opted to being as instrumental as possible. So much like Long Season subverted expectations after Kuuchuu Camp and Uchu Nippon subverted expectations of both, this was yet again Fishmans doing one of the things they do best: surprise. They didn't want to top their previous minim: they didn't even try to. The classic minimalist keyboard notes were looped. And from there and on everyone else played over it, painting their own approach over every track. It's also important to note that in this piece, Fishmans brought an element I much admire in their work which is the discipline, virtuosity and focus much akin to a skilled big band of jazz. You have to look no further than Orange, King Master George or even the obviously jazz pop of Corduroy Mood to spot in Fishmans the will for not only making emotional, feel good music but also a nice, involving wall of melodic music, and in the end, Long Season is fittingly a culmination of their work.

Part I
>>
>>71626565
Part II

I always thought Long Season was a very good prog song, perhaps one of the best when it comes to long prog epics, but this one take is definitively one of the very best in prog, period.

I'll even go as far as saying that at it's peak of emotional and complexity prowess, this rendition of Long Season (a progressive pop song no more no less) could even rival the richest compositions of any said great jazz band ever, such is the creativity and precision and cheer impact of the composition. In fact I don't like using hyperbole but what can I say, I've listened to a fair whole lotta of jazz and while thousands can be considered complex I want to say that for my criteria, what is important for me is complexity and also sounding good on the ears. And this is where Long Season comes in.

What I like the most in this rendering of Long Season (some could say it's the definitive version indeed), is that every player has some time to shine. Everyone delivers the performance of their lives here (except maybe Sato, but he also does fantastically well).
Sometimes the whole thing might sound a little sloppy and lazy though. In Long Season Honzi plays three instruments at once (by far the most demanding of her) and at any given time there will be at least two instruments looped and without much external control, and this hurts especially the climax a little, making it sound a little too "mechanical". But the drumming, especially in part 3 (delivered by the underrated Motegi), and the background guitar player, Sekiguchi (who outsolos Shinji for a while near the end with a spectacular number) are nothing short than superb, as is Kashiwabara performance, always bringing forth groovy and refined bass lines, and Honzi delivers here a really intense showing and is one of the indisputed stars of the night and is arguably the key player of Long Season.
>>
>>71626598
>this rendition of Long Season (a progressive pop song no more no less) could even rival the richest compositions of any said great jazz band ever, such is the creativity and precision and cheer impact of the composition.
oh
>>
>>71626598
Part III

Every part on this song is almost a set piece on their own right. I love the choir at the end of part 1 for example, the band members singing with Sato becomes such an emotional small moment, evocating a sense of nostalgia, or lamentation, bringing an intense feel of lost childhood wonder,almost if realizing that the joy and the fun days are going to be over soon, or maybe even embracing a longing for the pas. It shouldn't sound sad, it should sound even ridiculous, but the approach makes it sound really emotional and sentimental. And the part with Honzi and Sato soloing to each other. The chorus bits in the song at the end are highly emotional as well, like listening to the voice of someone, maybe a person you know, or really even yourself, fully embracing the fate of a future that may or not be so familiar, or even located in this plane of existence - a peaceful mantra for an uncertain fate expecting ahead.

There's also a superb demonstration of technique in the whole track, from fantastic, gut wrenching improvisation to heavenly, floating tiny bits of crystal sounding atmosphere to just really good music.

And Honzi. Damn. I don't know if she's as good as let's say, Vivaldi, but she really knows how to handle the violin. At the end of the song, the climax, composed of two minutes, made of sounds of gongos and all else you can imagine, will leave you with a sensation of amazement, bewilderment...and wondering what is left for the spiritual heritage of music now. Indeed, perhaps a mythical Last Goodbye like that of Shinji's. Or maybe not. Like Shinji said, things happen in life. Because sooner or later we'll all come to the same realization. For good or for the bad, you have to work your own path to learn and finally come to terms that someday, inevitably you will have to face your own fate.

So that's all of it. In Sum, Otokotachi no Wakare is a great album, with the second half being a must listen masterpiece of pop music. Thanks!
>>
>>71623831
Kushal Das - Raga Marwa - Surbahar
>>
>>71625645
>Shirley Collins, The Residents, Omar Souleyman, This is Not This Heat
>all in one festival
Why does urop get all the fricking good festivalstuff
It's fricked
>>
>>71626621
the absolute madman
>>
File: 1489491538282.png (171KB, 344x312px) Image search: [Google]
1489491538282.png
171KB, 344x312px
>>71626020
>remaster and rewriting
>making it LESS concise
wat er u doin'
>>
>>71627407
it's called prog reviewing. it's all the rage in europe rn
>>
>>71626598
>this rendition of Long Season (a progressive pop song no more no less) could even rival the richest compositions of any said great jazz band ever

I JUST CAN'T TAKE THE FISHMEME ANY MORE
THEY'RE GOOD BUT THIS IS NOT FISHMANS GENERAL
REE!
I know I talk about Sondre Lerche a lot here but the fishmans situation (fishuation) is silly. This review is too long. Here's a fucking fishmans review for you:

Fishmans- 98.69.12 (wasabi no dicke)
It goes ba ba ba ba ba baaaaaa and its nice. 8/10 end of review.
>>
Goddamn I have this stuck in my head now. Why is it so fucking good?

https://youtu.be/VyVmY_hBRbs
>>
>>71627772
It's really out of hand. My thoughts on it are that it's just really solid. I don't understand how people can go on and on about something that's just like a solid example of X genre. I typically think there are two kinds of great releases: a solid, exemplary release within the confines of a genre and something that transcends. I like reading more about the latter type of great album.
>>
>accidentally liked an instagram post from months ago

fuck
>>
>>71627925
>being concerned about it
Why?
>>
File: 1470551603039.jpg (24KB, 387x461px) Image search: [Google]
1470551603039.jpg
24KB, 387x461px
>together
>forever
>>
what if humans needed long poop tails to attract mates, so there was a circle of teeth in our buttholes, so when you squeezed poop out it would be slightly blocked and come out in a uniform thinner rope, and a tongue in your butthole would prevent the whole turd from leaving your body, and it would mold it to your next turd that came out kind of like pottert, so you ended up with a really long poop tail over time, and our diet had to consist of more metals in our food so that our poop tails could be more durable so we could reproduce
>>
>>71628661
ass dentistry would be a shitty field
>>
>>71628697
nice
>>
>>71628655
>fire
>desire
>>
>>71628655
>shesh
>woo
>>
>>71624554
damn, I've been meaning to listen to this one for awhile
>>
>>71629297
simply put, i will lose to that record
>>
>>71628655
>ayy
>yuh
>>
File: Album Chart.png (2MB, 1186x920px) Image search: [Google]
Album Chart.png
2MB, 1186x920px
someone pick for me (no fishmans)
>>
>>71628655
>hey
>hey
>>71629855
zappy
>>
>>71629855
Golden rekkerd
>>
>>71629855
fichemen
>>
>>71629855
relisten to Mercury Rev
>>
What's good?
>>
i feel like I had some hand in popularizing this band and I regret it now

sorry :/

>>71626639
okay great now never post again.

fishmans isn't even prog. They're just a pop band. There's nothing really complex about it.
>>
>>71629998
do minor threat next
>>
>>71629979
im more of a boces man
>>
>>71630009
waddya mean?

I wasn't the one that did that review. I just woke up lmao.
>>
Nothing? Not even Fishmemes?
>>
Oxbow are good. Why are they so good bros?
>>
>>71630184
Fishmemes are good, but this anon has successfully ruined discussion about them in /daily/ for a while by acting like a retard and posting two separate, terrible, long reviews that everyone is just gonna scroll past.

>>71630376
has their new album dropped yet? Really hyped for that.
>>
>>71630423
>anon ruined fishposting
Oh shit, I'm dead
>>
>>71630423
was getting caught part of his plan?
>>
>>71630027
popularizing
>>
>>71630580
MT already had a huge cult following before I was even alive though, and they still do. They literally invented the "straight edge" punk connotation.
>>
>>71630603
but not on /daily/
>>
>>71630622
GFR, FlyingIceWizard, Jangle, Woolite, Letov, Misha, Dogwander, Terminus, Darklands, TripUp, and Nat have all given them very favorable ratings.

They aren't /daily/core, arguably, but not everything good has to be.

Plus, they'e my favorite, and I'm, like, the most popular guy ever, dude.
>>
>>71630683
then what are you gonna make a meme next
>>
really makes me think...
>>
>>71630826
An album about death...why didn't I think of that?
>>
File: wengh.png (3MB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
wengh.png
3MB, 2000x2000px
saving my writing energy 4 two essays due on monday

kalimankou denkou is a goat song tho
>>
>>71630908
because death is boring
you can transgress everything in life but not death
that's presumably why phil made a boring and generic album, a rushed one too, as it ties in with the concept
>>
>>71630959
just don't write it's ok we don't judge dawg
>>
>>71630960
(That was my point)
Maybe I'll do a review. This mostly isn't interesting
>>
File: Album Chart.png (2MB, 1186x920px) Image search: [Google]
Album Chart.png
2MB, 1186x920px
>The Mothers of Invention - Uncle Meat

I had minor doubts about this going in since double albums with filler tracks usually spell disaster but nope this was all around extremely enjoyable with a lot of wholesome content to digest. Zappa comes through as expected.
The highlight of course being the closing 6 King Kong tracks. That shit is absolutely mental.
>>
>>71631046
oh yeah right your album is boring too
well now you know what you shoulda done
you can still kill your wife or sumshit
>>
>>71631068
Why the hate anon?
>>
People are going to blindly hate the new Mount Eerie album just because people are overrating it due to circumstance. I like the songs I've heard so far, and I definitely don't think it deserves the high score its gotten so far...I just wish people would give it a fair chance :/

>>71631061
heck yeh shit BUMPS
>>
>>71631083
anti-hype will always be more annoying than hype.
>>
>>71631091
100% true. I bet it's gonna be my (and many others' I would guess) AOTY just because this year has been abysmal for popular releases so far.
>>
>>71631083
>>71631046
i mean i like the album quite a bit (probably my AOTY so far), but it is receiving overpraise
>>
>>71631082
no h8 in this post just a 'pinion and a jok
>>
>>71631113
tru.
>>71631124
who cares. if it's a good album, it'll just make more people listen to it. it'll level out eventually.
>>
File: converge-janie-live-florian.png (3MB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
converge-janie-live-florian.png
3MB, 1200x1200px
Actual AOTY comin' through
>>
>>71631126
Doesn't mean it's not hateful
>>
>>71630826
no no no no no no no no

>>71630423
>this anon has successfully ruined discussion about them in /daily/ for a while
thank god hopefully he can shitpost them to death and no one will ever mention fishmans again ever
>>
>>71631141
p-p-put a bullet through your skull senpai
>>
>>71631141
>Jane is old enough to go to clubs with now
>>
File: 1488015997882.jpg (287KB, 452x622px) Image search: [Google]
1488015997882.jpg
287KB, 452x622px
>>71631277
>>
>>71627772
I did some research beforehand so I thought a track for track breakdown was more fitting.

Of course, if you feel like writing whatever you want as well for me there's no problem, either lol it's not like I'm a regular on here. I like Fishmans but they aren't exactly my favorite band, or even in my top 20 but since you guys like it as well and may not have enough info about them, i thought why not drop interesting trivia inside the review as well. So that's what I did. I did that because the phenomena interested me, since Fishmans is more so than the band itself. But Long Season is genuinely great. Both studio and live and it's been on my playlist for 5 years

>>71630423
Wow! I'm sorry for ruining the meme dude but at least it was just for one thread. I mean it didn't hurt did it

And no I'm not gonna come back here, and it's not even because i didn't understand the behavior towards me because of some text, and, it's not like i'm spamming or anything, i mean I am a nice dude. I even warned that i was going to post the reviews. I listen to some nippon music and that's all there's to it.

The reason i'm not coming back here is because i dont have any other material to post. I came to daily to post the reviews, (though I could've done it outside as well but okay). If something NEW about fishmans comes to my knowledge I will let you all know.
>>
File: 2017 v2.jpg (3MB, 3140x3140px) Image search: [Google]
2017 v2.jpg
3MB, 3140x3140px
oh yeah, I'm still doing this, not exactly sure why at this point
>>
>>71631598
You posted two separate, long reviews of the same album and said a lot of outragous shit in the middle. You don't think people are gonna react negatively to that?

You reviews are fine, but put them somewhere where people will care. RYM would be fine, for example.

>it's not like i'm spamming or anything
but you are

>>71631636
good stuff on there boy-o
>>
>>71631598
Sorry we were mean. Just don't need nearly as much Fishposting as we get
>>
>>71631689
Well you all cared enough to get outraged, and yes I also saw it coming, and I still don't understand why of the behavior. In the other hand, I thought it was important to post the review and would be interesting for the community, reading it in the archives and all. And lastly, yes i may post it to rym, but it's probably too big

Now, well whatever. Goodbye.
>>
>>71631885
why did you post two giant, separate reviews of the same album in 24 hours? It feels like spamming.

bye I guess.
>>
>>71631636
that's a whole lotta recent music, wish I could be arsed to wade through the mediocrity to keep up with current releases
>>
>>71631689
found a couple of nice ones, but apart from Avec Le Soleil I can't see one becoming a new favourite so far

Anything you can recommend? I'll do Mount Eerie next probably
>>
>>71631920
[would shill but i have self respect]
dj nigga fox - 15 barras
amnesia scanner - as truth
>>
>>71631885
Didn't you post the same review twice?
>>
>>71631938
>[would shill but i have self respect]
v subtle shill 10/10
>>
>>71631938
Thanks!
no worries, I'll do your new one as well, there are already a couple of /daily/ albums on there
>>
>>71632015
>>71631938
see it worked
>>
File: IMG_0443.png (791KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0443.png
791KB, 600x600px
Crush 40 | Supersonic Songs (2009)
Genres: Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, and Alt Metal.
Some nostalgia for anyone who grew up in the late 90s-early 2000s
>>
>>71630960
>>71631046
iunno dudes it's all written in Free Verse structure with the music corresponding to that which is kinda cool
>tfw the crow is us

>>71631141
they just cut off the end wtf this is even lamer than that fadeout
>>
File: fishmans are not jazz.png (2MB, 1890x830px) Image search: [Google]
fishmans are not jazz.png
2MB, 1890x830px
>Ralph Towner and Gary Burton - Slide Show
just two guys wanking on guitar and marimba. it's okay. has some nice moments sometimes. both talented players but they don't interplay that well sometimes and it just comes off as two guys trying to play by themselves in the same room.

>>71632046
:^)
>>
File: pic of me color edition.png (23KB, 552x381px) Image search: [Google]
pic of me color edition.png
23KB, 552x381px
hello i am back my friends
been listening to some stuff from this year, feels like a pretty good start
suggest me an album tbqh. must be either on youtube or spotify because am Afraid of the British
>>
>>71632589
hi misha
is bandcamp ok?
https://principediscos.bandcamp.com/album/15-barras
>>
File: la_vampires_zola_1278355306.jpg (57KB, 452x452px) Image search: [Google]
la_vampires_zola_1278355306.jpg
57KB, 452x452px
LA Vampires & Zola Jesus - LA Vampires Meets Zola Jesus
>Minimal Techno, Dark Ambient, Noise

Dense, dark, strongly psychedelic minimal—only vaguely techno in its repetitive drumming and infinite, lumbering, dub-like bass. Everything here swirls in a sun-warped, heat-drenched haze reminiscent of Sun Araw at his very best, heaviest and hypnotic. Vocals float and fade through the air of the track. If only my headphones were better—I’d love to hear this atmosphere on headphones with a half decent soundstage.

Only problem is that you could also just listen to Sun Araw’s On Patrol for the same deal—maybe a little better. That, and every track is just more of the same. Regardless, this caught me completely by surprise. God bless sharethreads. Even if I don't love it, I love finding oddities like this.

>6-/10
>>
>>71632589
wtf just when i posted your ol reaction meme
wb i guess
how's the isles
>>
holy shit the new weezer single sucks

whyyyyy, I was p hyped after Rivers said that he was writing more mature topics and darker themes for the next album.
I should've known, you can never trust Rivers
>>
File: new pasta.jpg (59KB, 480x514px) Image search: [Google]
new pasta.jpg
59KB, 480x514px
>>71632680
im a bit dead lately due to a fuck ton of work and other things hitting me here and there. the isles are fine except im poor haha
>>71632827
im dead convinced rivers has lost it ages ago with the maturity of his topics; whatever weezer drops these days is a total wild card
>>
File: ira.jpg (135KB, 800x556px) Image search: [Google]
ira.jpg
135KB, 800x556px
>>71632589
>>
>>71632589
welcome back, what have you been listening to?

>>71632937
ooh ah up the ra
>>
File: me on a good day.png (24KB, 575x522px) Image search: [Google]
me on a good day.png
24KB, 575x522px
>>71632997
shoe shoe and blanck mass the furry album
>>71632630
ye
>15 barras
i'd prefer 15 baras but ok
>>
listening to Uncle Meat soon, wish me luck!!!!!!!
>>
>>71633514
who is he
>>
>>71633525
heh... get a load of THIS guy...
>>
>>71633514
ian underwood whips it out is by far the best track on uncle meat
>>
>>71633514
give it a 2 or I'm coming over.

>>71633587
I personally prefer the part where Frank Zappa advocates for libertarianism and make a fake jazz
>>
>>71633623
>Frank Zappa advocates for libertarianism and make a fake jazz
what song
>>
>>71633623
now i kinda wanna not give it a 2...
>>
>>71633642
no that's the name of the track

>>71633653
you better
>>
File: wlove6.jpg (194KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
wlove6.jpg
194KB, 1500x1500px
Am I the only one who listens to Infinite Bisous (he's a friend of Connan Mockasin & DeMarco)? he dropped this today:
https://youtu.be/PExPODnCX_4
>>
holy shit sleeping in a jar madvillainy holy shit
>>
>>71634336
yeh

Madlib is realreal creative with his samples.
>>
>>71634349
what a guy
>>
>the mothers of invention - uncle meat
uncle meat
2/2.5
>>
>>71634984
so that's what? an 8/10

good enough ig
>>
>>71635000
might have to actually listen to Zappa's stuff now...
>>
>>71629998
>i feel like I had some hand in popularizing this band and I regret it now
lmao no
>>
I don't know. I cannot imagine how getting fucked in the ass could possibly feel good. I mean I'm sure many enjoy it but I'm just as sure they are deviants, who have become perverted and are into sodomy and enjoy like getting choked or beaten too.
>>
>>71635690
You must REALLY hate pooping then
>>
>>71635690
fun fact you're made up of 99% the same genetic material as deviants
ever enjoyed the relief of taking a big shit
that's your inner gay
>>
>>71635690
your rectum is next to your prostate

your brain receives pleasure whenever your prostate is stimulated

it's that simple
>>
File: 1474759878146.jpg (335KB, 484x527px) Image search: [Google]
1474759878146.jpg
335KB, 484x527px
Who else being a fucking loser this st pattys day?
>>
>>71635829
brits out
>>
>>71635000
wew trips

>>71635247
yeah he has a lot of great stuff. Would highly rec Hot Rats though some people hate it.
>>
>>71635690
>tfw gay
>hate anal sex
ugh
>>
>>71635829
heyo

drank every other day this week except for the one that matters
>>
>>71635932
people who hate hot rats are sticks in the mud that are just mad about jazz rock
>>
>>71635829
No way, dude I'm drinking green beer alone in my room
>>
>>71635690
This.

People who enjoy getting fucked in the ass or enjoy fucking people in the ass are mentally retarded.

You're either putting something INTO an orifice that was meant to be an EXIT ONLY or you're WILLINGLY putting your dick into something that EXTRUDES HUMAN FECES OUT of it.

Not the least bit tempting to any normal human being.

Homosexuality should be put back on the DSM-II
>>
>>71636231
its still in the dsmii it hasnt changed we use the dsmv now r u dum
>>
File: daily3.png (2MB, 1536x997px) Image search: [Google]
daily3.png
2MB, 1536x997px
>Curtis Mayfield - Curtis

This was a very happy album, and I enjoyed the more epic instrumental moments. It didn't really click as much as it should with me though, and I'm debating dropping it to a 3/5.

3.5/5
>Coil - Musick to Play in the Dark2

Pretty interesting instrumentally, not a huge fan of his voice. "Ether" was a fucking great song though, the other tracks were good too.

3.5/5
>>
literally cumblogs edition amirite bois
>>
i just realized im on this list
https://rateyourmusic.com/list/sshx/women-that-produce-their-own-pop-music/

>>71636328
>not a huge fan of his voice
shut up and eat your broccoli
>>
>>71636422
>broccoli
Wrong album
>>
>>71636422
da we da weed
>>
>>71636277
upboated xD
>>
>>71636422
more like women that produce their own poop music innit
>>
daily3.png
2MB, 1536x997px
>Goreshit - Semantic Compositions on Death and Its Meaning

Fucking awesome. The combination of the melodies and breakbeats was amazing. Not really a whole lot more to say

4.5/5
>>
>>71636689
heavier than a death is just the recordings on 77 live with like one track swapped out okay just lettin you know
>>
>>71636689
yeah goreshit is underrated
>>
>>71636689
goreshit is really fun. how much have you heard from him?
>>
>>71637184
that was the first, actually
>>
>>71637248
ooh shit.
listen to dancefloor degrader asap. some would say it's too goofy. i say that you don't need that negativity in your life.
>>
>>71637272
tomboyish love for daughter tho thats the classic
>>
>>71637292
well yeah i mean ideally he goes through it all.
>>
what are some essential Always Sunny episodes /lads/?
>>
>>71637359
The Gang Gets Trapped
The Gang Goes to the Jersey Shore
Dennis and Dee Go on Welfare
The Gang Gets Extreme: Home Makeover Edition

among the other known classics of course
>>
>>71637359
I always really liked "The Gang Solves the Gas Crisis", "The Nightman Cometh", and "The World Series Defense" off the top of my head. Too many good ones to count.
>>
>>71637359
Dennis and Dee Go on Welfare
The Gang Goes Jihad
The Gang Solves the Gas Crisis
Frank Sets Sweet Dee on Fire
The Nightman Cometh
The DENNIS System
Chardee MacDennis
>>
>>71637407
>>71637419
>>71637468
THANK YOU
>>
>>71637272
>>71637292
I'm not really into the nightcore/ lolicore shit

Is that what those are?
>>
>>71637589
ABSO
LUTELY
>>
File: Shared Chart Triangle.png (3MB, 1680x1757px) Image search: [Google]
Shared Chart Triangle.png
3MB, 1680x1757px
Sheila Chandra - Weaving My Ancestor's Voices (1992)
>new age, drone

You can really tell that this was put out on Real World, because it reeks of that "world music" production aesthetic so commonly used in albums on that label. It's very much a western interpretation of Indian music, and while the western pop influence on Roots and Wings is actually really well implemented, the western influence here seems to force Chandra to dumb down her sound an obscene amount. A lot of the tracks here are just vocal exercises, which are uninteresting at best and irritating at worst, and the drone is incredibly simple. It's pretty but it's really surface-level, you can't dig deep into these tracks like you can in good drone or hindustani classical music, it's just a repetitive tone with Chandra's vocals. It's a very non-offensive album, but there's its biggest problem.

2.0+

>>71637359
The Gang Gives Frank an Intervention is prob my favorite
>>
>>71637596
thanks. that album looks pretty.
>>
File: Droning Trip Up Stick.png (2MB, 2604x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Droning Trip Up Stick.png
2MB, 2604x1800px
Swirlies - They Spent Their Wild Youthful Days in the Glittering World of the Salons (1996)
>indie rock, noise pop, shoegaze

I like Blonder Tongue Audio Baton better, because the meandering issue that album has is just as prevalent here, but the songwriting on this album is a bit weaker. The songs don't pop as much as they do on Blonder, and I think the major influence from shoegaze shifted the band's perspective from melodies to textures. The textures and the guitar work are awesome, that's no lie, but like a lot of shoegaze there's not much going on beyond the textures. That being said, "In Harmony New Found Freedom" and "Two Girls Kissing" are incredible tracks, but not much else here sticks out. A nice album to drifs away to, but as a pop album it doesn't do its job as well as its predecessor.

2.5+

坂本龍一 - Thousand Knives of Ryuichi Sakamoto (1978)
>progressive electronic

Calling this "progressive" almost seems like a misnomer. It's really quite stripped down, lacking the sunny pop sounds of YMO but replacing them with a really cool, dark, eerie atmosphere. The synth work gets pretty crazy at times, and the occasional electric guitar work adds a lot to the barebones sound, but barring these it's a simplistic, robotic albums that's somehow even more reminiscent of Kraftwerk than YMO. Some tracks amount to nothing more than noodles, and I don't like these tracks at all, but the small symphonies Sakamoto can create with so little is really quite admirable. And the chiptunes are great.

3.0-

>>71637407
>The Gang Goes to the Jersey Shore
shockingly underrated episode

the "Vacation" montage is probably the hardest i've ever laughed at a tv show
>>
>>71637589
bruh

>>71637712
it's not underrated as far as I know, rumham is one of their biggest references and for good reason
>>
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/%E6%9D%8E%E5%89%91%E9%B8%BF/%E4%B8%89%E7%94%9F%E7%9F%B3__san_sheng_shi_/

OH BOY IS THIS FUCKING GREAT SO FAR
>>
>>71637761
fair enough

I'm just half blinded bc season 7 is probably my favorite season
>>
>>71638006
honestly me too

a lot of people swear by the old seasons but that one has so many of my favorites
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeGYicoGSb0

OH BOY IS THIS FUCKING GREAT SO FAR
>>
>>71638040
the older seasons are great but the simple presence of fat Mac alone makes any episode better. and the high school reunion episodes are great.
>>
daily3.png
2MB, 1536x997px
Man music has been awesome lately

>李剑鸿 [Li Jianhong] - 三生石 (San Sheng Shi)

I really, really, really, really loved this. Right off the bat I felt surrounded by swirling loud guitars. The noise was beautiful and epic, and it never let up once throughout the whole thing.

5/5
>>
>>71637648
it's pretty but suuuuper one-note

check out roots and wings if you wanna listen to chandra
>>
>>71638614
W E W
E
W

San Sheng Shi is definitely unsung though. Nice.
>>
>>71638739
no i'm living life on the edge
>>
File: Droning Trip Up Stick.png (2MB, 2604x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Droning Trip Up Stick.png
2MB, 2604x1800px
Immolation - Close to a World Below (2000)
>death metal

Really one-note with how damn aggressive it is, but it never lets up and for that I commend it. It's an album of very meat-headed, guttural death metal with some killer guitar and drum work and some stomach-churning growls. Usually not my thing but I dig this.

3.0-
>>
File: 9fa.png (265KB, 500x520px) Image search: [Google]
9fa.png
265KB, 500x520px
>>71638766
what a bad boy
>>
>>71638773
>Really one-note with how damn aggressive it is, but it never lets up and for that I commend it.
aah but you framed something exactly like that as a complaint in yr Witness review! :^)
>>
File: nat+triangle shared chart.png (3MB, 1680x1757px) Image search: [Google]
nat+triangle shared chart.png
3MB, 1680x1757px
The Edge of Daybreak - Eyes of Love
>Soul, Boogie, Disco, Funk
I don't have much to say except that this is a really solid soul album. I love soul harmonies and this has got some really tight ones, as well as a surprising amount of instrumentation on it considering it was recorded in a jail. It's definitely stripped down and rough around the edges though, which I enjoyed. A lot of soul and boogie around this time was very stiff and plastic. The grooves are pretty tight, even though they are pretty standard fare.
Opener and closer are probably my favorite, I really dig the slow love ballad stuff.

>>
>>71638754
>wew
>unsung

what did he mean by both of those
>>
>>71638773
What are your thoughts on the vocals? They're often pretty polarizing
>>
>>71637596
>new age
fug, I thought that album would be cool Indian vocal music
>>
>>71638806
with immolation the sound is legitimately aggressive and they keep the aggression up on every track, making for something frightening and infernal sounding. witness seemed like it was trying hard to be aggressive and falling flat, which makes its repetition more detrimental than anything else. and I just like the music on immolations album better.

>>71638820
liked em a lot. they're guttural but they're not really burpy.

>>71638823
real world is mostly just a new age "world music" label, even nusrat fateh ali khan got that 90s new age / trip hop treatment.
>>
>>71638806
>>71638924
also I only called the vocals on witness one note fyi
>>
File: Tourney.jpg (766KB, 3180x2096px) Image search: [Google]
Tourney.jpg
766KB, 3180x2096px
Eric recs:

Gabo Ferro - Todo lo sólido se desvanece en el aire (2006)
>Singer/songwriter, contemporary folk
Really nice folky pop sung in Spanish. What it lacked in great songwriting it made up for with Ferro's amazing voice and the lush backing instrumentation. Not too varied, but it changed up just enough to keep me interested the whole time.

Jangle&Bojangle recs:

Scott Walker - Scott 4 (1969)
>Baroque pop, singer/songwriter
Walker has a powerful voice, and the songwriting is solid throughout. At times the strings swirling around in the background were kind of awkward and didn't fit, but other than that the instrumentation was good. I'm not as big on "The Seventh Seal" as most people seem to be. The first side was good, but the second side blows it out of the water.

Eric moves on! Rec pls. Thanks for playing, fishy boy.
Jangle and Woolite TIE! Rec me one EP each for the tiebreaker.
I'm also waiting on a rec from Darklands.
>>
File: 1459001223002.png (748KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1459001223002.png
748KB, 600x600px
>>71639283
S H I T
>>
>>71639301
someone post the dooob, i need a good laugh rn
>>
File: DOOD.png (563KB, 481x556px) Image search: [Google]
DOOD.png
563KB, 481x556px
>>71639341
this?
>>
>>71639357
no, The Doors' s/t edit
>>
File: 1461805751387.jpg (19KB, 221x224px) Image search: [Google]
1461805751387.jpg
19KB, 221x224px
nvm found it
>>
File: 1461808296985.png (740KB, 736x662px) Image search: [Google]
1461808296985.png
740KB, 736x662px
AMA - feef
>>
File: 1484080672743.jpg (184KB, 634x776px) Image search: [Google]
1484080672743.jpg
184KB, 634x776px
>>71637468
>>71637419
>>71637407
>>71637359
why can't i have friends like that
why can't everyone be like these people
boys
>>
File: whao.png (105KB, 1050x604px) Image search: [Google]
whao.png
105KB, 1050x604px
3 hours in between posts wow yall dead

morning daily, woke up at 3am and i couldnt force myself to sleep again so i just put on a random Steamroom album from Jim's bandcamp. Was pretty good, actually. My album is finally out today, and I'm getting interviewed in a couple hours so it's gonna be a pretty exciting day.

I put on a random album from the list of random albums i have on youtube and luckily it turned out to be some comfy russian psych folk. kinda boring, though. the band has a massive member list, maybe because they have translations next to them or because each one plays like ten instruments, but this still looks p crazy.
>>
>>71640719
We listened to Grebenshikov for a listenalong. I think it was Misha's pick.

Listenalongs....Fucking hell, what happened to those?
>>
File: IMG_20170318_115946.jpg (2MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170318_115946.jpg
2MB, 3120x4160px
Oh boy it sure is shitposting time

What y'all listening t?
>>
>>71641063
is that poseurcore
>>
>>71641063
>Girlfriend is gone over the weekend
>Friday night video games with friends and wine
>Wake up to shitpost on Saturday
>Gotta bike to liquor store in a little bit because I'm all out of wine
>Drinking more wine tonight with friends
>Might hit the club but probably not
>Otherwise drunk shitpost is likely
>>
>>71641063
I'm watching QI.
>>
File: IMG_20170318_120439.jpg (2MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170318_120439.jpg
2MB, 3120x4160px
>>71641074
Of course
>mfw it's so much easier streaming the album instead if playing the record
>>
>>71641077
With the new host? Haven't watched QI in years. Still mad that they called Cruithne Earth's second moon.
>>
>>71641048
should bring them back

anybody?
>>
>>71641094
Nah
>>
>>71641094
I think once Kanzler dipped all the schedule got lost.
>>
File: IMG_20170318_120809.jpg (2MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170318_120809.jpg
2MB, 3120x4160px
I bought a new bookshelf to hold more books, but it's almost already full. Gonna need to move the Lego and stuff.
>>
File: Snuff Jazz.jpg (27KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Snuff Jazz.jpg
27KB, 300x300px
>>71641048
>Listenalongs....Fucking hell, what happened to those?
I happened [pic related]

nah it's probably /daily/ has been in a steady decline in activity plus no one ever seems to pick anything good or something that everyone will enjoy (which is nearly impossible). they're trying to plan a /daily/ read along of Infinite Jest or some other book to try and revive it but i don't think they will. probably just the same 10 guys that always do everything in daily

>>71641063
>4chan AND reddit
amazing
that album looks comfy as hell, will give it a try soon.

listening to Fela Kuti - Roforofo Fight, usually I can't enjoy him much because I feel all the songs in the albums have a similar groove and beat which makes me not really care for them but this seems to be going in a different direction.

>>71641094
nah
only like 2-3 people are gonna do it plus who's gonna organize it every week
i don't think kanzler will!
>>
>>71641103
are you more proud of that than your new lamborghini
>>
>>71641101
We can make a new one anyway.
Problem is who will participate.
>>71641103
Or just throw away those PLEB books
>>
>>71630423
n but they released a new track recently
>>
>>71641111
hey nice digits
>>
File: file.png (267KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
267KB, 480x360px
>>71641111
>mfw

>>71641114
nice meme

>>71641115
Such as? Inb4 you point out my gf's books.
>>
>>71641115
I'm down if it is on Spotify.

You go first.
>>
>>71641135
thanks i tried
>>
>>71641135
Oxford Dictionary. Pretentious trash, weird ass format, no plot, terrible prose.

Probably everything with 'Psychology' on it. I'm not saying whether it's pleb but it would save you a lot of space.
>>
>>71641130
>>71641135
im good with the digits
>>
>>71641135
im sorry i cant lie to you i didnt try at all actually
>>
>>71641154
Oxford Dictionary is a waste of space, really, but it would be more wasteful to throw it away.

>Probably everything with 'Psychology' on it. I'm not saying whether it's pleb but it would save you a lot of space.
Rude
>>
>>71641136
How about next thread I just make a post asking if people want to take part (and participate) in listenalongs and if we get enough replies randomize the participants and make a schedule. Then we start the listenalongs and drop it two weeks in for inactivity.
>>
>>71641063
bonniers kokbok more like bonniers kokblok
>>
>>71641167
Sounds like a terribly terrible plan, so I'm down
>>
>>71641155
>im good with the digits
>get digits
go me

>>71641167
yeah sounds perfect
>>
File: file.png (24KB, 560x300px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
24KB, 560x300px
I was just reminded about one of my friends who, for some inexplicable reason, thinks any music that doesn't have singing is techno. Literally anything. I asked him if Mozart was techno and he said yes. I don't even understand how this is possible. He also said he hates techno. That is, any music that doesn't have singing. How can such a person exist?
>>
>>71641206
L O L
O
L
>>
File: thinking.png (9KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
thinking.png
9KB, 160x160px
>>71641206
>I asked him if Mozart was techno and he said yes.
Idk, sounds like a troll then.
Also, Mozart wrote some pieces with vocals.
>>
File: file.png (340KB, 784x708px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
340KB, 784x708px
>>71641230
Nah, he's not trolling. He legit thinks instrumental music and techno is the same thing. He more or less thinks "music with song" is pop or rock music, and anything else is techno. He's retarded.
>>
>>71641063
dude that album rocks
>>
>>71622409
>we're the only general that consistently reaches the bump limit
You forgot /metal/ and /bleep/
>>
>>71641245
How the hell? He must at least understand that the term techno has its own use to describe a specific subgenre of music and that he can't just re-define it by himself.
>>
>>71641264
Yah, it does. Progg FTW.
>>
>>71641268
He does not. He refuses to accept that techno means anything but "instrumental".
>>
MST3K is actually pretty good

>>71639283
The Sound - Jeopardy

>>71641206
lmao
>>
new thread
>>71641474
>>71641474
>>71641474
Thread posts: 310
Thread images: 77

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.